Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
I type a name and my username, but it's not letting me change it.
It doesn't say "Username already exists" it says "New and confirm password do not match"
I'm not trying to change my password!

Also I'm using Chrome.

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
Is it possible Chrome is trying to auto-fill your password?

Saxy Coder

PlusIe
If it's telling you that the name already exists, then someone already took it.

In order to see if it is avaible, type your desired name at the end of this url:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/username here
If it redirects you to your own profile, then the name is open and up for grabs.
However, if you get redirected to someone else's profile, than that name and any slight variations of it are taken.

Keep in mind that "username", "USER-NAME", "u S e R n A m E", and other variations of the same letters in the same order all count as one name to the system.
You can just add an extra letter or number to the end though to create a whole "new name" (like "username1" )
Lady Saxophone
PlusIe

In order to see if it is avaible, type your desired name at the end of this url:
If it redirects you to your own profile, then the name is open and up for grabs.
However, if you get redirected to someone else's profile, than that name and any slight variations of it are taken.

Keep in mind that "username", "USER-NAME", "u S e R n A m E", and other variations of the same letters in the same order all count as one name to the system.
You can just add an extra letter or number to the end though to create a whole "new name" (like "username1" )

I changed my name with hopes of correcting an error in how I originally entered it and tried to change it to the proper name and could not, how long must I wait before I can change it to the name I want? I checked and it is not yet taken and it redirects me to my page still

Saxy Coder

MuffinBlaster5000
I changed my name with hopes of correcting an error in how I originally entered it and tried to change it to the proper name and could not, how long must I wait before I can change it to the name I want? I checked and it is not yet taken and it redirects me to my page still
It takes a few hours for the system to clear our your old name and make it avaiable again.
Keep trying every 20 or minutes or so and you should be able to get it eventually c:

4,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Lady Saxophone
PlusIe

You can't read.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces