Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unicorn

Can I make a request for Derpens this year? The stillborn baby Dickens made me really uncomfortable. Is there some other way to do low-yield breedings without a bunch of dead babies?

Colorful Contributor

Was it the depiction of them, or their occurrence entirely? Because part of the joke of breeding Derpens at all was making fun of shops that use such mechanics. We did get a little... visceral with it, for which I apologize.

If the very concept of it is disquieting enough, we can find a way to omit it, but keep the yield low, definitely. Tia and I should have enough time to work something out between now and then.

Unicorn

A huge part of it was shock, because there wasn't warning that they were all going to be dead. The depiction of it was not something I really was prepared for or wanted to see.

I did still enter for a breeding, but I remember being really torn about it. I wanted another Derpen, but I didn't want more dead Derpens. I wouldn't enter a couple again if it were the same mechanics, because I felt really guilty last year.

I know this is a joke pet site, but I'm really uncomfortable with dead baby anything.

Colorful Contributor

Alright, we'll definitely work on it. Sorry for springing it on you like we did last year! That is a Pretty Serious Topic to bandy about so cavalierly, and we were wrong to do so. Not totally sure how we'll do it this year, but we will find a way.

Unicorn

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Ladykiller

11,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Good morning, Dickens!

I live! I am in the process of trying to reinvigorate myself with a zillion cups of spinach salad. Diet seems to be the key to my health success, so here we go trying to repair my body after a strange flare. Again. Man, I miss running a shop and coloring lines, but I know I'll have about zero time at times and would have to take a break as soon as I started.

Corn, dang son. I am sorry to hear about your continuing computer woes, but I will make sure that I get hype. If you need some Dickens colored, let me know (and hopefully this time I won't have to make a sweeping last-minute effort.)

Dangerous Lover

I had a shop where certain breedings had a chance of producing ghost babben instead of live babben, which didn't seem to make anyone uncomfortable since they were mostly like a regular species in the shop (but couldn't breed. man I had some convoluted breeding rules). Maybe we could do something like that at derpens?
or, just stay away from dead babies entirely, heh. They might even be triggering for some people which is definitely NOT what we want. Maybe we should just say the breedings have a very, very low chance of producing viable offspring or something and only color up the ones who make it.

sprouty, good to hear you're getting back on track! you're welcome to offer up some dicks for the event if you're up to it, there's a thread in the guild with some info~

Dangerous Lover

After some conversation, we're just going to leave out the dead derps entirely! So, basically, breedings will be either...you were successful and got like, one baby tops (same probabilities as last year), or you weren't, but you're not going to have a pile of bizarre doodles to squick you out!

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
I was never squicked out. I guess I'm weird. XDD

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
Is there going to be the thing on Wednesday? I need details as it will be my final Gaia event.

Dangerous Lover

aaah it's pretty much just like grams XD the cert's on the hosting (or if it isn't corn is going to fix that real quick I guess) somewhere and you know what derpens look like I assume

Dangerous Lover

what's still happening??? THIS THING
Garbage Bags
Hey there, fans of GARBAGE PILES. Do you like DICKENS? Do you like SCAVENGER HUNTS? Then today is your LUCKY DAY!

Hidden within the vast, murky recesses of the guild are no less than 15 DERPENS. They look like this, and they come in a number of THRILLING COLORS.
User Image

Your mission is to find these derpens! The person who finds the MOST derpens wins their choice of the handsome pieces of dickflesh shown below. The person who comes in second wins second choice, and so on. Scara's already claimed the regular guy, but the uncut's still up for grabs! If more people participate, more prizes might be added! When you have successfully located a derpens, post the image and the url of the page you found it on.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So roll up your sleeves and dive into those dumpsters, DICKENS FAITHFUL. These derpens aren't going to find themselves!

It seems you all have been having some trouble finding these derpens, so my helpful assistant Tiabutts has offered you SOME HINTS. And also, generously, a raffle.
Tiarana
Hints!!!
1) There's one somewhere in the main forum.
2) That's right. You are going to open all of those spoiler tags.
3 and 4) These derpens just desperately want to belong!
5) Psst, wanna buy a derpens?

6) You're only going to find this derpens if you can find the thread it's hiding in.

ps all people who find a derpens will be entered into a raffle to receive their favorite of these 15 derpens. (only one person will win the raffle. the rest of the derpens will die of suddenly-debilitating congenital diseases, as is usual for derpens)

DERPENS THAT HAVE BEEN FOUND
  1. FrostyPeaches User Image
  2. Scaramouche Fandango User Image
  3. Scaramouche Fandango User Image
  4. Scaramouche Fandango User Image

5. PeanutButterpies User Image
  6. PeanutButterpies User Image
  7. Scaramouche Fandango User Image
  8. Scaramouche Fandango User Image
  9. FrostyPeaches User Image
  10. Scaramouche Fandango User Image
  11. FrostyPeaches User Image

12. Scaramouche Fandango User Image
  13. Scaramouche Fandango User Image

Dangerous Lover

check out my new d**k :U
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
I got the one marked "TerribleCert", is that the right one? XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers