Welcome to Gaia! ::

Colorful Contributor

It is a hard, hard habit to kick, Jun. I think I've mostly shaken anime, but I'm not really into super-realism, either. Trying to find a happy medium of cartoony, looks good and doesn't take for-freaking-ever-to-draw-things. :I;;

Deathly Darling

I've noticed anime influences in my own work too, and I agree that it affects the overall product (sometimes for better, sometimes for worse, I'm not gonna say that I've never seen an interesting and successful blend of anime and x-style). In my case it's for worse- I tend to draw stereotypical anime face shapes and such, and it's a habit I'm trying to kick. XD; Personally, the cartoons I started out with were Asterix and Tintin, even though I have a father who grew up in Asia, he was mostly into American and European comics. But the moment Pokemon came to America, I was pretty much doomed. :B

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

I'M STILL RAISING AWARENESS OF OUR LOCAL PHONY PUSHERS!

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

XD;; *takes a can from Yuuka*

Gosh, what you've described is something I've always wished I could end up with, Corn! (I think I would probably be very attracted to your work. XD;; ) And I'm not a fan of super-realism either, I'm naively in love with the idea of expression in as few lines as possible. XD But I just could never really make stylistic reduction work out for me, and a lot of the art I faff around with is *cough* of an rl fandom, so I keep trying to find a happy medium between stylisation and making people look believably recognisable. I'm most attracted to the fluid cartoony animator's style, but because of what I need I tend to end up looking at a lot of comics instead, so my holy grail is probably something like Adam Hughes' con sketching, partially because I'm also a big fan of greyscale Copics, but I think my personal ideal is something like Josh Middleton's clean-style interiors/covers, though I wish I were free enough to be able to go with something like the sweeping dynamism of Stuart Immonen's Nextwave style, instead. XD Of course, I say all this, but I'm really so badly acquainted with even the basics of art that I'll have a long way to go before fulfilling any personal goals...and I don't think I'm gonna live that long.

Oh noooo Kota, Pokemon has a lot to answer for the world over. XD But I find your work very attractively cartoony - I can't say I see that much Pokemon in it! (For the record, the cartoons I remember from my earliest childhood were...Bosco Daiboken, Starzinger, er...Smurfs? And a lot of horrible Chinese cartoons where horrible stuff happened and people died horribly. DX)

Oh, Ruri! heart

Annnnd with that tldr, I'm going off for the night, I'll be around tomorrow - this time for real. XD;; Though I don't think I helped to keep the thread alive. >: I think I may have wounded it. Luafien? SSBrosM? Yuuka? Kait? (Michie when you get back. XD) Anyone? It's safe to come back in now! DX

Thanks for all the chat and postings, people! Christmas is almost here! heart

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

-gives mega snugs to Jun- <3333

Whooo, mega post. 8D –reads- Alas, I cannot contribute to art conversations.

Maxx D's Princess

Shoujo Shounen

Just tell me you love me and that's a great contribution, Ruri. D; [j/k j/k XD]

Sorry for walls of text on the topic, guys! I've just really been struggling with the whole art thing for me lately, so it's a fresh wound, so to speak. XD;;;

Okay I gone now! BACK TO HAPPY FLUFFY PHONY FUN YES YES? 8D Have a great Wednesday, all!

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

I love you Jun like I love the sunrise. -super serious love sparkles-

Havea good day, okay? xD <3 I’ll take care of the happy, fluffy Phony part.

Yawn: -has fallen asleep in a hay stack-

Jun D's Prince

Garbage Cat

Just thwacked my head on the wall, kicked a chair and maimed myself in various colourful ways. TIME TO DRAG JUN OFF TO BED. ::grabs him by the collar and drags him out::

[Pee Ess: CORN Sorry whatever Michie sent you as reference made you do so much amazing stuff on a tiny Dicklet! He is amazing and somehow very familar looking. 8D]

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I have a mild concussion to get over and study for finals. I'd post more but yeah...

Really, really wanting to play WoW Cat though. sad

Colorful Contributor

Maxx that's just what happens when you need to paint clothing-facsimiles on small animals e we Mostly took issue with the spots, really, the rest was a breeze.

Sorry 'bout rubbin' salt in it, Jun. I know the feeling.

Super Wife

ohgawdanimestyleIKNOWWHATYOUALLARESAYING

I could never draw anime style very well in the first place. Still can't, in fact, and while I may look at the better, shining examples of the style I know it is something I will never personally do.

The styles of anime style are so varied it's next to impossible to draw 'cute' things now n' days without them looking anime. FOR ME ANYWAYS, BUT I LOVE DRAWING CUTE THINGS AND I CAN'T STOOOP

Girl-Crazy Bibliophile

HELP. RURISKA KEEPS TRYING TO MAKE ME HUFF PLASTIC.

o uo;
hup.
herro.

Kinu's Fangirl

Invisible Dabbler

Aw, thankyou, thankyou. ;3; <3

UltaMatt's Princess

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
*rolls around* I so want a Phony of my own. *eyes them longingly*
-peeks in-
Very nice, might have to get some of these for my friends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff