Welcome to Gaia! ::

I think the rules were just fine.

Again Seph. JUST because we talk to someone in a thread, doesnt mean we like them as a friend.

Everyone can think of someone you dont like. Just because you talk to them does not mean you consider them a friend.

Hallowed Werewolf

*sighs* ....Tooo tired for this *hugs everyone* heart heart heart

and looks like my questions arn't going to be answered anyways sweatdrop heart

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
Ok ... let me try to explain here... XD;;;

This may just be MY personal opinion and kind of based on what I've seen in other shops, but I like it better when the owners of the parents don't keep all the babies. It allows for meeting new people, more RP with different people (if you RP) and spreading around friendship and family ties and so on.

From what I've seen, the major trend in this shop has been for the parents' owners to keep all the babies, and I don't really like that. This is just my opinion, not saying it's wrong or bad, or anything like that!!

It just seems like more fun to me to give babies away to others and promote a larger family group of friends than just one or two people...

As for price....

20k is still cheap for a breeding... think about it. A custom with NO edit, nothing special is 10k. ALL breedings you get at least two babies (two customs, if you will) and a lot have edits and/or are different species for no extra costs.

QUESTION. Kitsu does it like this... a flat price per egg. Would that be better? Say 5-7k per baby? And then whoever will be receiving the babies could pay for them.

Example: Angelique and Lenore want to breed ponies and it's an RP breeding - they get six babies!! They each want to keep two babies, so (if the price was 7k) they each pay 14k. Then they choose to give one of the extra babies to Hasu, and she pays 7k and one of the extra babies to someone else and they pay 7k.

ALSO. Here's an idea on the limit....

After the limit of three, what if we say that every breeding AFTER that must be an RP breeding? And still have the possibility of extra babies (5 if there's 5 RPs, 6 if there's 10). That way, people who do still want to RP and have babies according to that RP will be able to....

Angie moo's Partner In Crime

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
sweatdrop think about it this way Manda... you have really spoiled us with those old rules... they are unique! Shops with such open rules are hard to come by and are what make this shop so much fun! ;_; I dont like the idea of this shop becoming as harsh on breeding as the other shops...

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
Note: The pricing in the post above is JUST AN EXAMPLE. If you guys like that sort of system better, the prices probably wouldn't be that much @.@
Gorgeous new thread!! <3

Heh, I should step out of lurkerdom sometime.
Hold up!

Did you just say that others hafta PAY for a baby from someone ELSES breeding?
"And it's like, every time I turn around..."
User Image

But that's a problem, guys. :/ We don't really LIKE the fact that you guys keep ALL the babies. >.o

And to not be friends with people and talk to them in-thread as though you were is hypocritical behavior, Hasu. :C We know you aren't going to be friends with everyone, but surely you have ENOUGH FRIENDS that you can give away one or two babies.

"...I fall in love and find my heart face down..."
User Image

Mystical Dreamer

15,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
*sits down*

*hugs Magical Werefox back*

I don't know if I will be breeding for a while anyways. It does seem a bit more strict, but one shop where I came from only let me keep 2 babies out of 5 then put one in a raffle and the other in a flatsale. The last one the owner bought from me.

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I like the RP stipulation to the breeding limit. It regulates the breeding and it gives a little bit of wiggle room (and I tend to love anything that promotes more rp).
"And it's like, every time I turn around..."
User Image

All right. This is how it stands now:

Three time breeding limit without RP...limitless breeding WITH RP. Not to bad. I know most of you RP.

Ability to keep up to two babies in a breeding. This keeps a single owner from keeping 3-4 babies. I don't see a problem with that, as lots of breedings are between two different owners regardless.

Shoot the questions/problems at me, and I'll answer them.

"...I fall in love and find my heart face down..."
User Image

Hallowed Werewolf

*sighs* ......*sits down* Ok, so what if we keep the old rules and then make it that at least one baby from each breeding has to be given away? ...*waits for everyone to jump down her throat* sweatdrop

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
@ Hasu: Well, you were complaining that you didn't want to pay and then have to give babies away... so my thought was that if someone else got a baby from a breeding, they would pay themselves. You can't have it both ways.

It's probably EASIER to keep a flat price like we have right now. And allow owners to keep two babies each and give the rest of them away.

As Seph said, I know that all of you have friends you could give babies to. Even if you have two babies to give away you can even give them to the SAME person...

You guys are making this a lot more complicated than it really has to be.

And please try to stay polite, okay...?

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
I agree to 3 plus RP option.
Since this was the only shop I'd ever think of to breed in I'm not sure Manda. While others are quite upset, I can see your point of view. I would prefer just to keep RPing.
Jacque would you like to RP with Erty and Yoshi again Now?

Angie moo's Partner In Crime

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
-_-;;;;; ... *drags Ruru away and puts her in Straight jacket* really now.. calm.down.

I know im no one special here but I think we really should have a vote on this. put everyones ideas up and form a new rule everyone can agree to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff