Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 21~~(10 left!)Will bump tomorrow~~~
a jack-o-lantern's photo~~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
purrrplekitty
i'm usually always on gaia no matter if there working or in school.

Hmm....can I add you???

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Pie For All! 300
I'm liking the event so far! wink

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 22~~
What we eat in Halloween??
Because the holiday comes in the wake of the annual apple harvest, candy apples (known as toffee apples outside North America), caramel or taffy apples are common Halloween treats made by rolling whole apples in a sticky sugar syrup, sometimes followed by rolling them in nuts.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 23~~
Which country do people celebrate?
Halloween is not celebrated in all countries and regions of the world, and among those that do the traditions and importance of the celebration vary significantly. In Scotland and Ireland, traditional Halloween customs include children dressing up in costume going "guising", holding parties, while other practices in Ireland include lighting bonfires, and having firework displays. Mass transatlantic immigration in the 19th century popularized Halloween in North America, and celebration in the United States and Canada has had a significant impact on how the event is observed in other nations. This larger North American influence, particularly in iconic and commercial elements, has extended to places such as South America, Australia,New Zealand, continental Europe, Japan, and other parts of East Asia.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 24~~
What game do we play at Halloween???
There are several games traditionally associated with Halloween parties. One common game is dunking or apple bobbing, in which apples float in a tub or a large basin of water and the participants must use their teeth to remove an apple from the basin. A variant of dunking involves kneeling on a chair, holding a fork between the teeth and trying to drop the fork into an apple. Another common game involves hanging up treacle or syrup-coated scones by strings; these must be eaten without using hands while they remain attached to the string, an activity that inevitably leads to a very sticky face.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 25~~
In North America, trick or treat has been a customary Halloween tradition since at least the late 1950s. Homeowners wishing to participate in it usually decorate their private entrance with plastic spiderwebs, paper skeletons and jack-o-lanterns. Some rather reluctant homeowners would simply leave the candy in pots on the porch, others might be more participative and would even ask an effort from the children in order to provide them with candy. In the more recent years, however, the practice has spread to almost any house within a neighborhood being visited by children, including senior residences and condominiums.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 26~~
The practice of dressing up in costumes and begging door to door for treats on holidays dates back to the Middle Ages and includes Christmas wassailing. Trick-or-treating resembles the late medieval practice of souling, when poor folk would go door to door on Hallowmas (November 1), receiving food in return for prayers for the dead on All Souls Day (November 2). It originated in Ireland and Britain, although similar practices for the souls of the dead were found as far south as Italy.Shakespeare mentions the practice in his comedy The Two Gentlemen of Verona (1593), when Speed accuses his master of "puling [whimpering or whining] like a beggar at Hallowmas." The custom of wearing costumes and masks at Halloween goes back to Celtic traditions of attempting to copy the evil spirits or placate them, in Scotland for instance where the dead were impersonated by young men with masked, veiled or blackened faces, dressed in white.

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I don't wanna be awake rofl

12,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Shy Kitten

12,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
awww lol mothers been sleeping but its better for her to

Shy Kitten

oh no hopes she is feeling ok and not sick.

12,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Shes not doing well she goes in thurday for tests to see if she has the disease they assume she does shes got every symthom of it, I hope its just that not cancer

Why i havent had tons of free time ive been doing everything

Shy Kitten

oh goodness keli i will keep in my prayers. bless you lil' heart for taking care of her and all the other stuff around the house and such.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff