5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 12~~
Children like trick-or treating.just then,something funny happened::
A Halloween night:
Children::trick or treat??
Woman::I don't know what this means,can you translate to Chinese?(I'm a Chinese)
Children::we don't know too,let us go home and ask our dad.(runs home)
Woman::Yeah!!!!!!!they gone!!!!!!

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 13~~
So,what is trick-or-treating??
Trick-or-treating is a customary celebration for children on Halloween. Children go in costume from house to house, asking for treats such as candy or sometimes money, with the question, "Trick or treat?" The word "trick" refers to a (mostly idle) "threat" to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given. In some parts of Scotland children still go guising. In this custom the child performs some sort of trick, i.e. sings a song or tells a ghost story, to earn their treats.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 14~~~
What do the children do in other countries???
In Scotland and Ireland, Guising — children disguised in costume going from door to door for food or coins — is a traditional Halloween custom, and is recorded in Scotland at Halloween in 1895 where masqueraders in disguise carrying lanterns made out of scooped out turnips, visit homes to be rewarded with cakes, fruit and money. The practise of Guising at Halloween in North America is first recorded in 1911, where a newspaper in Kingston, Ontario reported children going "guising" around the neighborhood.

Shy Kitten

Angel Heart__love_love
Oh I see....can I stay and chat here XD?
&&bump 10~~
Fact::Celebrations??Parades, Festivals......

of course you can stay a chat sweetie.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
purrrplekitty
Angel Heart__love_love
Oh I see....can I stay and chat here XD?
&&bump 10~~
Fact::Celebrations??Parades, Festivals......

of course you can stay a chat sweetie.

Thank you~~I will be always here~~The time you online is my time~what is your time here?mine is 8PM
&&bump 15!
What does Jack-O lantern made of???
Pumpkin of course!!

Shy Kitten

right now is 8:06am EST here in the US

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Bump 16~~
What is the biggest pumpkin that craved/growed?
The world's largest was carved from the world's then-largest pumpkin on October 31, 2005 in Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania, United States by Scott Cully. The pumpkin was grown by Larry Checkon and weighed 1,469 lb (666.33 kg) on October 1, 2005 at the Pennsylvania Giant Pumpkin Growers Association Weigh-off. The new record for largest pumpkin weighs in at 1,810.5 lbs (821.2 kg), grown by Chris Stevens.

Shy Kitten

emotion_bigheart

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Ok I see~~don't you need to go to school???
&&Bump 17~~
Folk of jack-o lantern???
The story of the carved vegetable as a lantern comes in many variants and is similar to the story of Will-o'-the-wisp retold in different forms across England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. An old Irish folk tale tells of Stingy Jack, a lazy yet shrewd farmer who uses a cross to trap the Devil. One story says that Jack tricked the Devil into climbing an apple tree, and once he was up there Jack quickly placed crosses around the trunk or carved a cross into the bark, so that the Devil couldn't get down. Another tale says that Jack put a key in the Devil's pocket while he was suspended upside-down.

Shy Kitten

no sweetie i sure don't.

~ kitty is a mom of two - 1 boy { 22 } and 1 daughter { 17 } ~

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
emotion_kirakira
&&bump 18~~
Does it have another folk??
Yes of course.Here it is::Jack was getting chased by some villagers from whom he had stolen, when he met the Devil, who claimed it was time for him to die. However, the thief stalled his death by tempting the Devil with a chance to bedevil the church-going villagers chasing him. Jack told the Devil to turn into a coin with which he would pay for the stolen goods (the Devil could take on any shape he wanted); later, when the coin/Devil disappeared, the Christian villagers would fight over who had stolen it. The Devil agreed to this plan. He turned himself into a silver coin and jumped into Jack's wallet, only to find himself next to a cross Jack had also picked up in the village. Jack had closed the wallet tight, and the cross stripped the Devil of his powers; and so he was trapped.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Wow!!!Isn't it hard???two children~~
&&bump 19
What is the design of the lantern?
Sections of the pumpkin are cut out to make holes, often depicting a face, which may be either cheerful, scary, or comical. A variety of tools can be used to carve and hollow out the gourd, ranging from simple knives and spoons to specialized instruments, typically sold in holiday sections of North American grocery stores. Printed stencils can be used as a guide for increasingly complex designs. After carving, a light source (traditionally a candle) is placed inside the pumpkin and the top is put back into place. The light is normally inserted to illuminate the design from the inside and add an extra measure of spookiness. Sometimes a chimney is carved, too. It is possible to create surprisingly artistic designs, be they simple or intricate in nature.

Shy Kitten

no my son works and my daughter is in the 11th grade.

5,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Oh I see.......Then when they're at school or working,you can play Gaia,right??
&&bump 20~~
So,what is jack-o-lantern????
A jack-o'-lantern is typically a carved pumpkin. It is associated chiefly with the holiday of Halloween and was named after the phenomenon of strange light flickering over peat bogs, called ignis fatuus or jack-o'-lantern. In a jack-o'-lantern, typically the top is cut off, and the inside flesh then scooped out; an image, usually a monstrous face, is carved onto the outside surface, and the lid replaced. At night, a light is placed inside to illuminate the effect.

Shy Kitten

i'm usually always on gaia no matter if there working or in school.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff