Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I haven't played Harvest Moon in a while; I love that game. XD
Prolly the only reason I'm playing this; it reminds me a lot of it.

Confident Duck

They need fishing... that is all I did in harvest moon was fish, seduce women, burgle vegetation and flowers... I had my duck pond and my moo-moos that is all that mattered to me

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I was particularly fond of foraging. ^_^

Yay! Now I has piggy! <3

Confident Duck

*claps*

Yay a piggy, don't forget to get pumpkins to feed him...so you can... ya know... make him into pork later

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
That's the one thing that made me *gasp* when I saw the quest to get one. XD Then again, honestly, why else would you have a pig on your farm? Poor fella. sweatdrop
I have some pumpkins already waiting in the wings. I was going to sell them, but I figure it would make more in the long run with....feeding the food. xd

Confident Duck

You realize we have been talking about a farm game *giggles* There are ducks in the game but at a much higher level.. oh yes... oh yes I shall have a potato crop and raise an army!

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I know. XD Funny thing really; I had just quit the Smurfs game because they had just introduced farming and made it so that you couldn't progress any further without it; I had joined the rest of the outcries in 'if we had wanted farming, we would have spent more time on Farmville!' And now here I am.......farming. XD But this one as I said is fondly similar to Harvest Moon and not as complicated as the Smurf farming.

I want some duckies! 8D

Confident Duck

Ducks are my favourite animal...

*smiles brightly* If I could get a pet duck... I would be so happy...

Smurfs....? Really?

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I like ducks, but I REALLY like foxes. 8D And I see a fox in Rich's village and am excited.

Ducks would make cool pets. =3 And they're tasty. *shot* XD

Yeah.....Smurfs. sweatdrop I got caught up in the sweep when the movie came out; sort of rekindled my childhood love for them.

Confident Duck

That is respectable then...childhood fondness makes us adults do interesting things. And I like foxes too, I used to have a pet fox when I was younger because we lived out in the middle of nowhere... he was a sexy little devil.

Ya know, ducks are tasty, I am not above eating them even though they are cute and my favourite animal. If it is cooked and prepared I will eat it... I however do NOT condone the use of foie gras...that is animal cruelty and it really f***ing pisses me off

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I don't mind; I consider myself a geek, and geeks are just people who hold onto their childhood indulgences longer than most; usually but not always within reason. XD

I have no qualms about eating animals, though to be honest if I had to kill it myself I'd probably be a vegetarian. I love animals. <3

*Unfamiliar with the term and looks it up* Oh dang......that IS awful! DX

Confident Duck

*hugs tightly while nodding*

Yeah... it is horrible...so horrible...those poor duckies and geese... I love pudgy critters a lot but... the things that they do to them...breaks my heart... I mean...just completely devastates me.

*tries to calm down and not think about it too much*

I used to be a vegan, but I got really sick and basically was told that I needed to go back to eating meat. I am extremely medically fragile...so I listened to my doctors.

I know that if I had to kill to eat an animal I wouldn't have an issue with it because I wouldn't raise it like a pet, there is a certain amount of distance you have to keep when raising animals like that... for produce purposes at least... they aren't pets, they aren't part of the family and they had full, good lives up until their time... they served their means and supplied me with something of value. That is the number one thing right there, value, not just for what they bring after their passing but a genuine value of the life they gave... *nods a bit* I think I am rambling

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
It makes me sad too; I hear all kinds of stories about conditions of slaughterhouses and the things they do to alter their products, like the overfeeding and such. >.<

I tend to base my personal views of the morals of meat consumption on what I've observed from stories about the Indians. *Is 1/16 Cherokee* They ate meat, but every time they had need to take an animal's life, they would thank it for it's sacrifice and assure them that their remains would be put to good use. I had a rabbit fur coat once; it was the warmest, most comfortable coat I ever had, and if I ever have the opportunity when my time comes, I'd love to thank each bunny who helped make it.

I agree though; it'd just be too hard to have your pet animals be your food animals too. >.< Besides I have 2 kitties and they wouldn't be good eatin'. >w<

Confident Duck

Yup that was the point I was trying to get across... sometimes I can't convey my meanings clearly. I have ADHD and English isn't my first language so sometimes I am all over the place when I try to say certain things.

But yeah that is how I feel as well. *nods*

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I suppose in Summer Springs we can always imagine the Simpson's Adam & Eve way of getting pork. XD Ever see that episode? they just pull the slabs of meat off and the pig walks away unharmed like all you took was a lock of hair. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff