Welcome to Gaia! ::

yum_chocchip

Romantic Seeker

Ummm...not sure I'm liking this layout for Gaia. Things look a bit broken still as well. I hope everything settles soon.

Dapper Noob

*fluffs the thread* <3

Hope all is well guys. :3
Hello LAB! It's been literally years since I last posted on Gaia, however I was swimming this morning and my mind began to wonder and reminisce about all the fun I used to have as a teenage roleplaying and swapping creative ideas with everyone here and the B&C community in general. I really am fortunate to have had such a great time and I learned so much about creative writing and being part of an artistic community. I feel really guilty about essentially ghosting Gaia when I went to university as I was too busy with my new academic life for fun online. Over the years I have sneakily logged in to check out new growths but have always been too embarrassed to say hi and show my face properly. I hope there's no lingering sore feelings and I wanna say that I'm really sorry if I left anyone in the lurch. I also feel bad about abandoning Vyn when she'd already been rehomed once.
So yeah, this is basically just me apologising for being a dweeb and reaching out to see if any of the LAB staff and old regulars want to catch up? It'd be nice to hear how you're all doing.
Obviously I'm not active on here, but you can easily reach me through my instagram or twitter.

Dapper Noob

*waves at everyone* Just hoping everyone is having a good Halloween! biggrin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As some of you had speculated for a while, I've decided to shut the Lab down. Lately, especially this year, I find myself losing the patience and creativity to do the type of art I do for Lab anymore. This wasn't a decision I made lightly, as I've only seriously considered this option earlier this year.

I have also been thinking about how to do this properly, for all the support and love that everyone had given us, it seemed careless if I just say goodbye and I'm gone. I didn't want to do this for all the effort, creativity and love everyone poured into their characters.

So I have decided, for everyone that had been active during the Revamp period (starting from June 2018 to now - November 2020) I will be offering everyone a FREE GROWTH!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If you have a Frei, you will get a Sigel artwork for free! If you have a Sigel you get the Valsaros artwork for free!

- You can opt to change it into a regular waist up (Sigel equivalent) or full body (Valsaros equivalent) commission if you're not interested in growth art anymore. This also applies if you want an artwork of your Raevan in more regular clothes or different alternate universes.

- You can upgrade your Sigel artwork into a Valsaros for a fee, depends on the artist.

- Please consider tipping your starving artists!

- Please get in touch with your artist for the free growth!

- For semi-custom RLC, we will offer you one free growth even if you haven't been active during the revamp period. Please just drop your artist a PM or get in touch on Discord!

- Even if the Lab is closing, I will still be keeping the Discord alive so everyone could still chitchat and have fun!

- Some personal T&C. I will be simplifying my artworks. I simply do not have the time to do a fully rendered artwork anymore. The shading in my artwork will be minimal, hopefully I can make it interesting and pretty still. And I do plan on finishing all my artwork within a year. Your patience is most appreciated!

I'm sorry that it had to come to this. I guess all good things must come to an end I suppose. We've all grown older now and moving on with our lives. The Lab was a big chunk of my early adulthood, especially creatively, and I will never forget it. And I will never forget the love and support everyone gave us all these times! For that, I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.

But... I've renewed my server until 2023 lmao. What am I gonna do with it now??

[plug]
As a footnote, I started a Twitch channel for video games and art (eventually) so if you're interested feel free to give a follow! I still don't have a solid plan for it yet but it will come eventually... I hope.
https://www.twitch.tv/kyoupiruchi
[/plug]

Dapper Noob

It is very sad to see the lab closing, but I will always appreciate the world and the friendships I’ve gained here.

Thank you for all you’ve done, Kyou. And I’m glad we will still be able to have discord as a meeting place. It’s been a wild ride, but when it’s time, it’s time. Thank you again and I wish you and everyone in lab success in all your endeavors.

❤️

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Awww sad face. But it’s understandable. Thank you for everything you will be doing for us Kyou and for inspiring us with your art.

Pure-hearted Seraph

That was a good lengthy run! Thank you for everything Kyou!! I wish you the best of luck in your future projects heart
Thank you for all the good times and great art!

Fantastic Kitten

-Gently lays across Lab one last time- Ayyye, kinda saw this coming and I'm sad to see this go, but I've been weaning myself off of Gaia this year and Lab was one of the reasons why I was trying so hard to hold on. I salute you Lab and everyone here with all the love in my heart.

I'm so happy that I was able to get Laurel and get to the point where I could start his Frei->Sigel growth quest, and though I wish I could have actually finished it, Gaia was a huge drain on my mental health and I had to make the difficult choice to let go. I mean it when I say that it's nothing to do with any of you or any situations that may have happened in the background. It was purely because I couldn't keep shoving myself and I was genuinely suffering. That being said, if anyone is curious as to what was going to happen to Laurel during his current quest and what I had tossed against the wall for his future "I'm not f-in around anymore, I'm burning this **** down and taking you with me" arcs, feel free to DM me over on Discord! (Also, I may push myself to write the AU I keep thinking about. I don't know where I'd shove it, but if anyone is interested in hearing about that dumpster fire too, feel free to ask!)

Anyway, definitely going to be contacting you, Kyou, and I'm thankful that Lab stayed open so long! There's so many good memories and incredible stories here. I'll be on discord if ya'll ever want to talk! <3

EDIT: Decided to yeet what I had left of Laurel's story in his journal. I can try to elaborate more over DMs but for now it's just screaming into the void.

Romantic Seeker

When I lost my first RP place, I eventually found the Lab and it has been a right damn pleasure and honor to meet all you wonderful people as well as RP with you.

To the staff, thank you so much for all you have done to keep this place running for so many years. From moderating to running events, I salute you. To Kyou, thank you so so much for creating such an amazing place for us to call home for so many years and thank you so much for all your hard work as an artist.

Though my heart is somewhat heavy with this news, the Lab will always be near and dear to me. I will continue to be on Discord as well, LadyBlair#4422. You are all welcome to visit me on Twitter (@LadyBlair6) and Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/lady_blair) as well. <3 <3 <3

nekoluch's Pardner

Scamp

Aw, sad but understandable. <3333

Thanks to Kyou and all the labbiesssss

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items