Welcome to Gaia! ::

Working on Growths! What are you looking for?

Pokemon to Child Growth! 0.18801996672213 18.8% [ 113 ]
Child to Teen Growth! 0.22961730449251 23.0% [ 138 ]
Teen to Adult Growth! 0.10149750415973 10.1% [ 61 ]
Customs! 0.48086522462562 48.1% [ 289 ]
Total Votes:[ 601 ]

Izaeah's Fav

Breedables Degenerate

So...had to cut ties with a friend today.

She used me as a personal reference for a loan... without asking me first, or informing me she had.

Worse? I've never met the person face to face. Only ever talked on the phone. Her two kids are the same ages as my youngest two and that's how we got to talking like 5 years ago.

So to be listed as a personal reference for an internet friend?

Then I get a phone call from the loan company informing me I was listed as a personal reference and to please contact HER, to have her call THEM.

Contacted her on facebook... since I didn't have her number anymore (Seriously, I hadn't talked to her in like 6 months at least!), and like 11 hours later she hadn't responded back or called me. So I messaged her mom since she lives at home still... within a MINUTE she was calling me going "I'm soooooooooooooo sorry. I KNOW I shouldn't have done that, and I sooooo won't do it again!!" (She sounded like she was strung out on something, and seriously insincere in her apology)

Chewed her out, told her to lose my #, never use me as a reference for anything again and hung up on her. Before blocking her on FB, and anywhere else she could contact me. I think she got the point. She didn't even try calling back to apologize again or try to explain or anything.

So damn frustrating. I'd not even list my grandparents without first calling and going 'Hey uhhh...can I list you as a personal reference for this loan?' Let alone someone I'd never actually met.

And I knew her flakiness on paying bills, etc on time. I would NOT have approved it. My husband was SO pissed off about that call too. *bangs head lightly*

Shy Regular

Awww, sorry to hear that, Liri.

Cute Fairy

*snugs Liri*

Cute Fairy

Tag to Erina and Liri! Working on tags for Dooma!

Wind-up Waffles

I'd have contacted the loan company anyway. xD
Yeah I always ask before adding someone as a reference for anything, even if they've given permission in the past. This includes close family members! However, I don't think many people are like that...

Izaeah's Fav

Breedables Degenerate

yay tags. Will work on stuff sooon. I have solo ideas in mind for Iah and Eden... and they need journal love. *lol*

Melo I'm still considering it honestly. I'm NOT happy (or comfortable) being listed. and I'm the same as you, I ask family/friends before listing them.

Cute Fairy

I've never taken out a loan or anything, but I don't do any sort of reference before asking if its okay to list them. I listed my rl friend as my reference to Walmart after texting and asking if it was okay and she called me after they called her saying "I told them how awesome you are!" She said they had "Strange questions", too. xD

Shy Regular

Don't think I want to know what kind of questions they would ask lol

Cute Fairy

She said one of them was "Would she ever be violent?" And she was like "Nooo?"

Enduring Guardian

Afternoon thread.

Dangerous Nerd

G'afternoon! *attempts to write*

Enduring Guardian

*nuzzles into Mew's back to help and encourage writing*

Dangerous Nerd

*giggles* Thanks, Dooma! I need all the help I can get!

Wind-up Waffles

*pulls out pompoms* Go Mew!

I need to do some writing as well. I wanted to this weekend but I came down with something... 48 hour flu or something. xD; Hopefully after dinner! *strikes triumphant/determined pose*

Izaeah's Fav

Breedables Degenerate

Hope you're feeling better Melo. I wasn't feeling good last night either.

I was thinking it was something I ate affecting me, but my husband woke up at 4 am with the same issue, and we ate different things. So guessing it was a short bug here too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff