Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shapeshifter

User Image
Jester Says...

i linked you. 8D it's the first time i'd ever heard of it. XD and ha, i know the lazy feeling. XDi get too excited though to be lazy.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I wonder if color-your-own is still popular in the B/C? I don't even know, I haven't looked at other shops in forever. xd Haha. It used to be a thing, at least. 8D

Pook - I just spent like half an hour trying and failing miserably to draw fairy wings for a fairy that I don't even need to make for myself in the first place. cool Drawing wings is the worst. >o>

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah, I know there used to be a few color-your-own type shops way back in the day, I don't know if they do it anymore, though. I can't see why they wouldn't!

Drawing decent fairy wings totally is hard, that's why it was so much more fun to draw Rooie's (child stage) wings, because they're leafy-looking instead of super-symmetrical perfect butterfly-type. I like drawing leafy wings!

Jeering Codger

I get excited about things for about five minutes and then give up when I realise it'll require actual effort. cool Laziness, wooh!

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
That's pretty much exactly how I work, Nemmy. xd The only way I can ever manage to keep something up is if I have multiple things going on at once, or if actual money is involved. cool

Just sold another bracelet! That makes 5 online sales this month and two sales in person to friends. Yay, money! >=D

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Yay, money, indeed! >D

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I can make that I could actually sell. xd The problem is all that gorgeous polymer clay filigree stuff is such a pain in the a**, I don't think I can do it. 8D So I'm trying to figure something else out. >o> Sewing, maybe? I'm trying to find something to sew so I can practice and figure out if I suck at that. cool

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I saw this on DA and it made me think of you, because it's Futurama! cool
http://werbenjagermanjensen.deviantart.com/art/Lifelong-Friends-331994423
It's those Pixel Hobby tile things I found a while back, they seem pretty cool.

Someone made this with them, too, and it's super pretty-looking!
http://wacker00.deviantart.com/art/Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-Stained-Glass-330432721

Maybe you should get into Pixel Hobby?
Or you could sew felt pillows or something, like those ghost ones I showed you a while back but with images on them that are cute AND well-made.

Oh! You could do cross-stitch! That stuff's really cute and there seems to be a market for it. Just get some frames, toss a simple cross-stitch of characters from Adventure Time, Futurama, Doctor Who, or video games in there, and you're good to go. You don't even need to do backgrounds or anything, I think.

Also I have up until the end of Chapter 2 of Fair all inked now. Well, I need to do some touch-ups before scanning, but that'll be quick and easy. Hopefully I can at least get them scanned and imported to Manda Studio and tweaked before I need to head to Lauren's. >o> Then I can just toss on the word bubbles and flat colors tomorrow.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Futurama all the time forever! cool Haha, it took me like 30 seconds of staring at the picture being like, "Why is it called Lifelong Friends when it's just the Professor? Also why does he have a weird pink hat?" xd

And holy crap that Zelda thing is amazing. It's huge! The only thing I don't like is that you can slightly see the edges of the base plates. That kind of tiny insignificant detail would really bother me. cool

And oh snap, I forgot about cross-stitch! xd That would probably be the best idea, because I already know how to do that and junk! cool Plus I can just figure out patterns on the computer, like pixeling whatever, instead of trying to figure out sewing patterns which I can't even imagine doing. 8D Haha.

I probably wouldn't need to do backgrounds most of the time. cool I know at JoAnn Fabrics and wherever they have quite a few different colors of Aida cloth, like black, grays, blues, beiges/browns, and white. Maybe also red/pink? That probably covers like every imaginable background I might need. xd I could probably just do beige/white most of the time, and maybe some designs would look good on black? Like some video game stuff maybe?

Also, apparently I'm going shopping right now? Maybe? 8D Haha I had more stuff to ramble about but I guess I have to go.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
It does bother me how you can kinda see the base plates, but I think that Pixel Hobby stuff is really cool. I like my loom beading way better, though. It's satisfying for me and I've gotten pretty darn good at it. Plus I have like $200+ of beads and supplies. >o>

You should totally do cross-stitch then! It's adorable. I reblogged someone's Adventure Time Fionna cross-stitch pattern and it seems to be pretty popular. It doesn't have a background or anything, either. So I think it barely matters what color fabric you'd use. 3nodding

Also, just got all the lineart scanned, imported, and edited for the end of chapter 2. >=D Just gotta color it and slap on the bubbles and it's pretty much done. Well, before exporting and resizing, but whatever. 8D
Edit: Flats done! Yay! cool I'll do the words and resizing and whatnot tomorrow and then I should be set until almost the end of next month considering chapter three's cover is already done.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I went to Menards to buy a humidifier while my parents and brother went out to eat. 8D Haha. Shopping alone! cool After that I went to Hobby Lobby and was looking at cross-stitch junk and trying to figure out what frames you use. Because I have no idea. xd That seems like the only thing I don't have figured out, like where do you get little frames and how do you frame stuff? >o> That should in theory be pretty easy to figure out, though.

I put my humidifier on the highest setting and put it on my dresser and then put Max up there to look at it and he's like mesmerized. cool He doesn't know what to do with all this crazy water smoke!

Oh, I don't think I ever told you how my monitor finally crapped out on me yesterday! xd It suddenly got these huge patches of distorted color, like red all over the bottom right corner, and green all over the bottom left. But instead of getting a free new computer like I hoped (damn) I just got a different monitor we already had. >o> At least this one isn't flickering like my old one did?

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
My cats like to start at humidifiers sometimes when they're new, too. xd It's like magic to them! cool

And yay for I guess at least functioning monitor. >o>
Maybe when you make some cross-stitch money, you can buy yourself a new computer! 3nodding

Also I managed to put all the word bubbles into the pages I had done. >=D Tomorrow I'll export them or whatever. And then they'll all be ready to go, pretty much! cool I should probably get started on finishing chapter three's thumbnail sketches. >o> I need to figure out how to cut this chapter down shorter, I don't want it to be like 40 pages but I want to cover more stuff. Eh, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I should probably get my stuff together for the party I'm going to. >o> I don't really want to spend the night, but I'll prepare to, I guess, just in case. But I want to be home to give Rusty his pill early tomorrow. ;O; My mom and sister will be at their respective boyfriends' instead of here to tend to him.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I downloaded this cross-stitch design program my mom had on a CD, but I guess it's a demo, and you can't save or print the patterns you make? xd I guess I could design something and then screencap it and save it that way. >o> I think I'll look and see if there's a free cross-stitch thing available online. I mean I could just use MS Paint, but this program has all the DMC floss colors already programmed into it, and that's like super convenient.

Oh no, you have to tend to poor Rusty! ;O; Try to get home early and be like, "Sorry guys, I need to go home and spend the night with my cats." 8D

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I've been thinking about buying some beading software, not because I need it, but because if I want to sell patterns it would sure make it easier. xd

It's pretty easy for me to just use Paint, since I know what beads I have and what colors work together and whatnot. cool I've got like 55 colors now. >=D

Rusty clearly needs constant attention. I mean he gets his pill at like 10 AM right now so it's not really going to be an issue if I stay over, but I am torn about it. Lily, for sure, will be upset if I don't come home. She's slept next to my face for the past few nights. She totally got mad at me for falling asleep too early last night and she smacked me in the mouth, which was a first. Haha, she's so demanding. my pets rock. >=D

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I spent like 90 seconds looking for a cross-stitch program and immediately found a really awesome free one! cool It seems to be made by some Japanese lady, and there's a freeware version and a pro version, so my version's not a dumb trial or anything! Yay! 8D I like it a lot. cool It already has all the DMC colors and junk in it, and it's totally easy to use and junk. Thanks random Japanese lady!

I made a hypnotoad pattern for some reason as practice. xd Haha Futurama. 8D
User Image
The program also has what it calls "real view" to like see more of how it looks as a cross-stitch:
User Image
I don't think that's very accurate to how it would actually look, but whatever, I think it's cool anyway. xd You can zoom into the pattern a whole bunch, change the background colors, and it has the grid counted out and junk. cool It's a great program from what I can tell. Yay, I can design all this junk now! 8D I'm so excited.

I was looking at Hobby Lobby and DMC floss was 40 cents each. That's pretty cheap, I can't wait until I have like 200 colors. cool Haha I see that happening immediately if I start doing these a lot. >o> All the colors! 8D

Pay attention to those kitties! Your dumb friends clearly don't need as much attention as precious kitties. cool Last night Max woke me up twice walking around on my legs and chest acting like he was going to lay down, but then he just left both times. xd Oh Max, you indecisive little jerk. cool

Speaking of Max, I need to go wash his fountain because I forgot to do it yesterday. >o> I need to actually get something done today!

Jeering Codger

ALL GLORY TO THE AWESOME CROSS-STITCH DESIGN

Cats are way better than parties. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out