Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm going to be really shocked if her gets a girlfriend. xd He's a super sweet guy and he's not ugly or anything, but he's so timid! It took him like over a year to be able to even look at me after we first met. >o> The first time I met him, I was sitting in a chair near him and he was visibly shaking. He's totally fine with me now, but I've known him for like two years or something. The only reason he doesn't have a girlfriend is because he has never approached/pursued a girl. Like, girlfriends don't just fall out of the sky. If you want one you need to like actively seek one out, probably. Not like I'm a relationship expert by any means but I feel like if you want a girlfriend, sitting around and waiting for one to be handed to you is not the best method of going about things.

My mom says she has really mild Raynaud's (I think it is?) and that sounds like it could be what your cousin has.

I die indoors without air conditioning. If I'm outside and can be in the shade, I'm usually fine. I was fine all summer with camp and lessons, at least.

I could use my horse brushes on the blanket! cool Except that would probably make it more dirty. >o>

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Poor shy dude. cool Is he the one who was going to get a doctorate in something?

Oh, it might be Raynaud's or whatever. I think it was Ray-something-or-other.

You could buy fresh horse brushes specifically to use on that blanket. 8D

I just went off trying to find some kind of food, but I just ended up eating cookies. cool I made cookies the other day that turned out AMAZING. But they are like half butter. That's not even an exaggeration. 8D

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah, that's the one. As far as I know that's still in the works. He's like actually teaching a class at his school this semester, too, apparently.

I could totally use some new horse brushes anyway, I can use them for horses after I use them for blankets. 8D
*totally does not need any more brushes*

Speaking of brushes, it's October now and that girl STILL hasn't come back for her brushes that she left here. >o> I think I'll start the process of claiming them soon. ninja

I just went looking for food and ate a few garlic bagel chips and half a Hersey's with almonds. I am thinking about going back and finishing off the rest of the bagel chips, they were pretty awesome.
Horrendously unhealthy foods are often so delicious! ;O;

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
My one cousin is getting his doctorate in meteorology and has taught some classes or something. =D That's like the only person I know who is a doctor/practically a doctor. cool Except for my other cousin's fiance, Dr. Douche, who is a physical therapist. I should probably stop calling him that, but whatever. 8D

You seem to desperately need new brushes, you should definitely get some. 8D And also steal those other ones, no one will notice. >o>

I'm planning on baking something tomorrow because it's FREAKING COLD, but I don't know what yet. cool I'm going to learn how to cook stuff! Or something!

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah, I don't know any other doctors/people that aspire to be doctors that I can think of. It's like terrifying to me to think I might eventually have a friend that's a doctor. It makes me feel so old. xd

Matt was just saying how the students he's teaching are all idiot freshmen and the girls all dress really slutty. o____o

I need ALL THE BRUSHES. >=D I totally love horse brushes, they rock. A nice set cleans horses up so well! ;O;

I was just saying how I wanted to make soup now that it's chilled down. But I don't have any ingredients! I guess I'll have tea tomorrow instead. Close enough!
Lauren's grandmother made this AMAZING sweet potato soup a few weeks ago. I know it had sweet potatoes, carrots, and some onions in it. It was savory but a little sweet, it was so good! I don't normally like soups like that. But Lauren's grandma can make anything delicious.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I know nothing about horse brushes. cool Except what I learned form this pony computer game I had for Windows 95. 8D It had like 4 different kinds of pony brushes.

I should make some soup or something, too. I've been wanting to make dumplings for a few days, but I haven't gotten around to it. Most of last week was spent procrastinating my horrible schoolwork that I then needed to catch up on for most of today. cool

I should like go to sleep or something. I slept horribly last night and then just realized right now that I'm exhausted. 8D Also my crazy dreams stopped. It was about a solid 4 or 5 nights straight of totally bizarre detailed dreams.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Well in my opinion, a good grooming kit needs a nice rubber curry comb, a stiff-bristled hard/body brush, a soft finishing brush, and a hoof pick. I also have a face/leg curry comb for more sensitive areas, a small face brush, a long-bristled flick-type brush, a mane/tail brush, a shedding blade and a ridiculous amount of other things. xd

You should totally make that stuff! cool I'd totally been procrastinating on Fair all week. >o> Everybody kept interrupting my planned time I wanted to draw, and then my free time I just plain wasted. 8D

You should probably go to sleep then. But at least crazy dreams are interesting!
I'm running on like four hours of sleep, myself. xd I did get an hour long nap today. I unintentionally fell asleep texting Lauren, and when I woke up she thought I was mad at her because I hadn't responded. rofl She called twice and texted four times while I was sleeping!

Jeering Codger

Man, I need a blanket that fluffy. That must be one contented kitty.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I tried to make baked tofu today, and the whole time I was like AHA I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. 8DDD It turned out pretty good considering. xd I didn't really follow a recipe, because I didn't have the stuff for the recipe, so I sort of just did whatever. >o> It's edible enough, though. cool Oh, and I burned my finger pretty badly on the pan. xd I have like a huge shiny spot on my finger. >o>

Speaking of baking things, my mom bought this shrinky dink jewelry book that came in the mail yesterday. =D I had never heard of it, she was just like, "oh yeah, I ordered this book, you can make these charms or whatever now." xd

Here's the cover of the book:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shrink-shrank-shrunk-kathy-sheldon/1111742865
Which shows my favorite project in the top right, THE UNICORN RING. I have to make one immediately, it's so precious! ;O; I figured out that my finger is approximately the size of a lip balm tube, so I can use that to wrap the ring on. But I have to pick up the shrinky right out of the oven and wrap it around a tube. xd I wasn't so worried about this before I already got burned today. >o> I need, like, fire-proof gloves or something.

Jeering Codger

That's adorable. xD Oven gloves and tweezers, I guess?

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
It said to practice with some blank strips before you do a unicorn, and for good reason. xd I've tried like 5 and only one actually turned out as a functional ring. cool I've been using work gloves, which aren't really oven-proof, but they are enough to touch a shrinky dink for 3 seconds and the heat isn't a problem. The problem is that the shrinky dink is mold-able for 3 seconds. xd You have to, like, grab it, slap it around your mold and at the same time make sure the ends are approximately even so it's not twisting. And then if that takes longer than 3 seconds, it's completely hardened. cool

On the last one I just did I broke the end off, the first one broke in half, and then two of the three other ones are just generally misshapen. xd And I've got one ring that actually works. 8D

This is harder than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be really hard. >O> On the plus side, it's super entertaining to watch a long strip of shrinky dinks shrink. It's like watching a snake flail around or something. cool

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
That ring is adorable. =O

Once you get good at making them, you should make Jake and Lady Rainicorn rings. 8D

I'm getting my hair cut tonight. Time to chop it all off again!

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I'm somehow getting worse at making them. 8D I keep dropping them down in the bottom part of the oven accidentally. >o> Then I have to pull out the oven rack and pull them off the bottom before they get melted on. (I'm using my little plug-in craft oven, not a real oven)

I've learned that my gloves are REALLY heat-resistant, though, despite not being intended for that purpose. xd

I want these stupid rings to be easier, they're so cool! ;O;

Yay haircut! =D I need to get my haircut. Like immediately. cool

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Sometimes I guess you get worse before you get better. 8D And hooray for surprisingly heat resistant gloves. I'm sure they'll come in handy for this learning process. rofl

I was playing Zoo Tycoon, I'm done up to all the Intermediate scenarios. 8D Now I'm working on the rainforest one where you need 17 animals with 90+ exhibit suitability. So far so good! 24 months left and like 7 exhibits to go. I should finish it tonight after my haircut. >=D

I hope this lady doesn't botch my hair. I only have a very vague idea of what I want. xd Something short and with layers. Eh, even if it looks bad, I wear a hat at work and it'll eventually grow out! cool It only took like a year for my hair to grow out of my last short hair cut. I think I cut it early last July? And now it's already past shoulder length.

I never wear my hair down because styling it's too much of a PITA. I feel like if it's short my only option is to let it do its thing!

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
LOOK WHAT I HAVE RIGHT HERE.
User Image

It worked! 8D I'm so happy! It looks kind of weird in clear, but I only had clear, so whatevs. cool

I ended up using the rest of my scrap piece of plastic and just doing a bunch of practice ones to make sure I really had the technique down, so I ended up with like 4 other ones that came out ok:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/unicorn2.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/lilybell26/unicorn3.png
I have like 6 or 7 that were broken or curled all over themselves or otherwise failures. cool Haha, whatever, I totally am able to do it now. 8D I figured out that my main problem was that it's better to wait longer, like 4-5 minutes, even if it's completely shrunken by like 2 minutes. Most of my fail ones were taken out too early, so they didn't stay soft long enough to mold it.

Oh, and the ring is super uncomfortable, but I don't even care. cool

What can I do with the crazy shrinky dink molding powers I have now? xd

Right now my hair is, like, ridiculously long in back, and has really short layers. >o> I think when I get it cut I'll just ask to have the back cut even with the front, and then not really cut the layers at all probably. They're really short on top. Like maybe 3-4 inches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff