• Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I can't get over how adorable that dachshund pattern is. ;O;

Here's some pictures of Lauren's adorable dogs. 8D
Teddy (oldest)
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/375727_4437915996235_106822971_n.jpg
Marlee (about 2 now I guess?)
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545576_2876416754969_1873019268_n.jpg
Rosie the puppy in her Halloween costume, with Marlee in the background:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/581494_3721420279529_1391546173_n.jpg

Taddy is my bro. cool Marlee likes me a lot too, though. And she's so adorable. ;O; She's like super obese right now, though. They're trying to get her to lose some weight. She's just so cute and blonde though! She has a brownish nose, which is apparently considered a defect in dachshunds, but I think it's cute.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Those patterns were probably made ten years ago. xd

That dachshund is totally precious! ;O; heart It looks just like my cousin's dog Lacey who died of, like, some horrible hip paralysis whatever thing. It was really sudden and horrible and she was only like 6 or 7, I think. They had another puppy mill dachshund who had epilepsy, and I forget what he eventually died of, also around that age. Those two dogs were pretty great examples of puppy mill dog health, I think. >o> My cousin now has a shelter mix dog, Tank, who is maybe 3 or 4, and is totally healthy and has far fewer behavioral problems than their previous two dogs.

I want to know where that sewing lady gets all her spectacular faux fur. xd I should look through the fur at JoAnn Fabrics or something. cool

Eww, lame car stuff. D=

I'm supposed to be doing lame homework. ;O;

EDIT: Holy crap those dogs are adorable. ;O; That first one looks just like Lacey. She even had the little black front of the ear edging, or whatever you would call it. xd

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah, that's unfortunately what ends up happening to a lot of those puppy mill dogs. ;__; Poor Lacey.

I'm all about shelter mutts. I'd never buy a dog from a breeder, the shelters here are always overflowing. And so many purebreds have health problems to begin with.

Lauren's family got all their dachshunds from a breeder, but at least it was a well-respected quality breeder they've used for like 15 years. She just closed her doors this year. Lauren's upset that they won't be able to get more dogs from her some day, because she really likes dachshunds and doesn't trust other breeders.

But OMG Lauren's dogs are adorable. I love them all so much. ;O; I love Teddy's ears, haha. cool He's also almost always got a stripe down his back that's a little darker than the rest of his coat. Silly Ted. I call him Teddles. 8D

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I just randomly looked up Max's breeder because I haven't looked at their website in a couple years, and they have like a million cats now. xd When we got Max they had maybe 5 adult cats. Now they have 11. And apparently they're trying to sell 3 of the adults as pets.

This one's available as a pet, I want her. ;O;
http://users.foxvalley.net/~jonhirst/Silver%20Bell/anasia.htm
Look at those precious white feet! She's apparently 6 years old. I can't imagine having a cat for 6 years and then just getting rid of her. Like... I can't even imagine how people do that. How can they deal with selling off cats like that? D=

Dachshunds are so cute. cool Every time I see them it reminds me of my cousin's dogs who died, though. ;O; I don't think I could have a dachshund-type dog because of that, but they are still totally adorable.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Oh my gosh, she's so cute! That cat needs some serious cuddlin's. cool

I love dachshunds, Lauren's are the first I've met and they're such silly, quirky little dogs. I'd probably never own one because of potential back problems though. I'm more of a medium or large-sized dog person myself. I want a big silly loyal doofus! cool The barn owner's one dog, Kelsey, is totally my type of dog. I think she's some kind of wire-haired bird dog? She's all speckley and goofy as heck. 8D And she's just so loveable.
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311707_4327599398862_759201601_n.jpg
She's awesome. Her favorite thing is apparently trail riding, she follows the barn owner along the trail down the road. It's a trail owned by a setter club, so off-leash dogs are allowed, as long as they're behaved I suppose.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I want to snuggle all those cats, I bet they're not snuggled enough since the people have so many and are constantly breeding them. ;O; And by "enough" I mean "constantly." cool

That dog is adorable. 8D

I like Chow Chows or whatever they're called. Those really giant dogs that are like pet bears. cool Those are pretty cute.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
I've been practically assaulting Rusty with constant snuggles lately. I'm so glad he's feeling better! He's probably put on at least a pound or two since last week. Yessssss.Get fat, my boy! >=D

I remember my one customer at Rita's had a Chow Chow mix and it was SO CUTE. Biggest, friendliest dog ever. One day just after the Dog Guy left, some other guy came over and was like, "DID YOU SEE THAT WOLF DOG THAT GUY HAD? You can't trust them wolf-dogs!" And I was like, "That was...clearly not a wolf dog." And the guy just told me about how he wasn't taking any chances. rofl Stupid people can't tell a Chow Chow from a wolf hybrid. >o>

Finally uploaded some new pics of Sterling!

Cute!
More cute! Suzie is sneaking up.
Suzie stealing the spotlight.
Suzie and Sterling again--pretty similar in size!
Sterling
It was the most insanely beautiful day.
You can kind of see more of his body here.
Suzeeeeeee is so cute.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Ponies! 8D Oh man, Suzie has the most adorable fluffy hair. cool I love how Suzie is like "WHAT ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES, I LIKE PICTURES. 8DDDD"

Also, Sterling is the name of one of the cats from Max's breeder who is for sale. xd Hah.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
That's pretty much exactly how Suzie was. Old Gal wants to be the center of attention! cool She deserves all the attention, too. World's best pony, I say. cool She is totally adorable. Her face is looking more and more gray! But she's like 30 probably, so I guess that's expected. She's in amazing shape for her age!

Sterling is a great little guy, especially considering he's only 8. He'll grow up into a fine little pony himself, I think. He just needs to develop some of that old horse character, haha. I love old ponies.

Haha, the cat and pony can be a matching set! 8D

I just got home from picking up my car finally. In completely reassuring news, my tires are apparently about to split open. gonk There's a tire sale next Thurs, so I'm getting 4 new tires then. Hopefully they can handle getting me to work and back until then. >o>; The tires are apparently from 2007, on a 2008 vehicle that we purchased in 2010. So I guess they need to be changed, huh!

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Suzie is clearly the world's best pony. cool

Oh no, stupid tires. gonk That sucks. At least you found this out before this split open. >o>

So just now I fell asleep for a couple hours, and I had more elaborate dreams than I did last night. xd And last night I had some elaborate dreams.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Now I just have to live in perpetual fear of them splitting open between now and when I can get them fixed! D=

I THINK I just have to survive the drives out and back on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Monday? Because I have no Tuesday lessons till the 2nd and I can borrow my mom's car on next Wednesday and potentially also this Saturday. Hold on, tires! Don't fail me now! >o>

Lately I've just been feeling like the tires were going to go flat for some reason. Ever since I had to add air the other day, I was just like, "Watch, I'm going to get a flat." Now I'm even more on edge! I don't just have to worry about a flat, my tires could literally SPLIT OPEN at any moment. Any of the four of them! That possibility is really setting me on edge. >o>

In less car-paranoia-fueled news, tomorrow's Wednesday! The first Fair world building post goes up tomorrow night. It's just the world map, though. Next week is the island map, which is probably more interesting.

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I just went to Kohl's to get clearance junk, and when I was driving home the sun was, like, burning out my eyes. >o> Stupid sunset or whatever. ;O;

I was going to try on all the stupid sundresses that I would never wear, but I decided to not waste the time. Despite the fact that I secretly love trying on dresses. 8D It's actually my secret wish to try on a prom dress. >o> Next time I'm at a place with prom dresses I want to try and discretely sneak one into the dressing room. It's like princess dress up or something. 8D Haha I'm such a dork.

Also, hey look, it's the Fair world map! 8D

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
So apparently one of the new lesson kids was bitten by Hot Shot tonight. >o> First lesson of the night, kid just got to the farm. We were in the barn with the horses and all the sudden crying was heard. I paid it no mind, since kids cry at the farm all the time (Why does my sister get to ride but not me? TEARSSSSS!) but it turns out that as soon as they got to the farm, their parents let the kids out of the car and then apparently they then let them go near the loose horses in the paddock next to the barn (Sam and Hot Shot). Somehow or another the kid gets bitten and loses a fingernail. When the barn owner approached her, somehow they explained that she was bitten by the paint horse, which is Hot Shot. Knowing the horse and how kid-safe he is, my guess is either the kid stuck her hand in or near his mouth and left it there long enough to be bitten. Hot Shot is not a biter, we had kids crawling all over him, grooming him for summer camp.

It was a dumb move on the parent's part to let their kids approach loose horses that they aren't familiar with. You don't know those horses or who they belong to, or how dangerous they might be. You don't just let your kids walk up to some random dog and assume it's friendly and well-behaved. Way to keep your child safe. >o>

The barn owner is worried because the kid was brand new and hasn't had a liability release signed. ._____. Hope we don't get sued! >o> The kid left to go to the doctor's instead of riding, and I think her sister was supposed to have the next lesson, because that one was a no show as well.

We've got signs on other parts of the barn that mention liability and safety things, but I think maybe we should make some BRIGHT and COLORFUL signs that say not to touch any loose horses. Or feed them anything.

What a freakin' night! D=

Sparkly Prophet

5,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Oh no. D= Stupid parents. >o> You should make some obnoxiously bright neon signs or something and slap them up there.

Dapper Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. xd
If I had a farm, there'd be signs like that EVERYWHERE.

"Don't touch the horses. Just don't do it."
"THIS FENCE IS ELECTRIC, OK actually it isn't but TOUCH NOTHING."
"These horses are trained to eat children."
"These horses have fungal infections, don't touch 'em. You might get it! SUPER CONTAGIOUS."
"Do not feed the horses."
"SERIOUSLY do not feed the horses. These ones can't have treats."
"WHY ARE YOU FEEDING THESE HORSES?"

Stupid people always want to grab/touch/feed other people's horses. I'm so glad Jeze has no allergies or medical diet restrictions or anything, because all sorts of wacky parents give treats to all the horses. And this one family keeps bringing really weird stuff, like romaine and celery. This week they brought a bag of carrot peels. Like, slivers of food scraps.

I think maybe for simplicity's sake we should start a buckets-only treat policy. That should discourage the kids from putting their hands near anybody's mouth. Tell them to put all treats in buckets and you're good to go. That and massive bright signage warning people not to touch non-lesson horses, probably a good idea. If the kids want to feed loose horses a snack, tell em to grab a treat bucket and have at it. That way, nobody gets nibbled when they leave their hand in front of the horse's mouth for too long.

Also, today I went into Jeze's pasture to catch Suzie and Wonder for lessons. Jezey kept following me to the gate and nudging me, confused about why I was bringing in the other girls and not paying attention to her. gonk I felt pretty terrible. >o> Saturday, mare! Saturday after lessons is all about you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff