Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ursine Conquest

Ursine Conquest

User Image

- - --------------------------------------------« ☬ »-------------------------------------------- - -

I don't want to set the world on fire

-※ W E L C O M E ※-

"Do you ever read any of the books you burn?"
                              He laughed. "That's against the law!"
                              "Oh. Of course."

Someone's been burning books, as if tensions weren't high enough between the factions. Will you be able to find the culprit?

- ※ D A T E S ※ -
                      main event »
                      [26.08.14 - 19.09.14] META SIGN UPS
                      [24.09.14 ] [24.09.14] META START

cleanser games »
                      [27.08.14 - 10.09.14] FLATSALE
                      [30.08.14 - 13.09.14] DRABBLE FLAFFLES
                      [02.09.14 - 16.09.14] CONCEPT CONTEST

- - --------------------------------------------« ☬ »-------------------------------------------- - -

Ursine Conquest

User Image

- - --------------------------------------------« ※ »-------------------------------------------- - -

I just want to start

- ※ G U I D E L I N E S ※ -

[o1.] While familiarizing yourself with the world is suggested, it's not strictly necessary.
                      The world of The Five Wells is set up to be built by you. Should you need information,
                      however, make sure to stop by the Visitor Centre.

[o2.] You are free to apply for all of the Cleansers. That being said, given the cap of
                      two Cleansers per player, you will only be able to win one.

[o3.] Be polite. We're here to have fun, so please, no need to be a poor sport.

[o4.] Unless stated otherwise, all classes are available to your won Cleanser SAVE
                      the
                      Warden Class. This class is not yet ready for winning.

[o5.] The fee for each game will be listed in the corresponding post.

[o6.] Have any questions? Ask in thread, or PM The Magistrar and we'll get back to
                      you as soon as possible.

- - --------------------------------------------« ※ »-------------------------------------------- - -

Ursine Conquest

User Image

A flame in your heart

- ※ M I N I G A M E S ※ -

We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while.

referrals & participation »
                        Want to win some art? Get a friend to participate in the activities, or participate in the Main Thread, and earn a ticket towards some art drawn by either Phineaus or theLimeTree!
                        There will also be a raffle for anyone who has a ticket.

referral tickets »
                        [o1.] 5 TICKETS » Headshot
                        [o2.] 10 TICKETS » Bust
                        [o3.] 15 TICKETS » Fullbody

participation tickets »
                        [o1.] 5 TICKETS » Random Battle Item
                        [o2.] 10 TICKETS » Rare Battle Item
                        [o3.] 15 TICKETS » Collectible Plush from DraconicFeline
                        [o4.] 20 TICKETS » Headshot
                        [o5.] 30 TICKETS » Mono Chibi
                        [o6.] 45 TICKETS » Full Chibi
                        [o3.] ??? TICKETS » Something Cool

Ursine Conquest

User Image

In my heart I have but one desire

- ※ A S T O R Y A B O U T C L U E S ※ -

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door. Burn it. Take the shot from the weapon.
                              Breach man's mind. Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man?
                              Me? I won't stomach them for a minute.

User Image

- ※ L E T ' S P L A Y A G A M E ※ -

trailer »
                        Time to start things off with an ORP!

To bring you up to speed, this will be both an ORP
                      and a game. Further details will be given once it starts, but make sure to brush up on your Ace Attorney investigating skills and your Law and Order vernacular.

- ※ S I G N - U P ※ -
                  how to play »
                    Post using the following form.

[align=right][color=#EE7A0B][size=16][i]• I DID. IN THE HALL. WITH THE REVOLVER. •[/i][/color][/size][/align]
              [b]Username:[/b]
              [b]Cleanser Name:[/b]
              [b]Pick a number between 1 and 100[/b]:

[b]Were you referred?[/b]

- TheLimeTree - Casey Mlynarski - 84
              - Jackiee153 - Clare Archer - 62
              - The Semblance of Unity - Inex Faris - 3
              - Crowkur - Oliver Johnson - 32
              - Eauo - Ethan Abernathy - 66
              - Rookeries - Normandy Sharp - 90
              - ex o ex snoof - Carmen Otega - 24 UPDATE: Ian Scarlet - 24
              - Kyoupi - Jeremiah Blackburn - 59
              - Yvessa - Kael Omnes - 13
              - Nilah44 - Zelphia Ilarian - 4

Ursine Conquest

User Image

And that one is you

- ※ F L A T S A L E ※ -

Lives. Lived. Will live.
                              Dies. Died. Will die.

User Image

The Twins are some of the most peculiar of Belmoor Archivists, often finishing each other's
                      sentences, having silent conversations across a library, and seemingly always in the correct
                      place at the precise time they need be there. They also have an unusual interest in the way
                      things have happened, or will happen. Or are happening.

Using one of the prompts below, write a myth, fairytale, or folklore for Sojourn. There is no
                      minimum requirement, but for the sake of time, let's try not to go over 10,000 words.

The Entrance Fee is
                      20K. Please send this to the shop mule
                      (
                      The Magistrar) before submitting your entry. When you're ready,
                      PM your entry to The Magistrar along with the following form:

[b]Cleanser Information[/b]
                      Names:

Class: Archivist
                      Faction: Belmoor

Prompt #
                      -------
                      Entry ((If on the longer side, please link to your entry instead of pasting it into the PM))

- ※ p r o m p t ※ -

o1. »
                        It was curious, really. When the darkness lifted, I saw myself, looking at myself, repeated, and
                        wondered if perhaps this is how man felt when he discovered God.

Sojourn has a bit of a hazy beginning, and because of this, there are many, many
                        myths revolving around its creation. Now, it's time for you to create your own. What might
                        you have heard in your travels around the desert? Was Sojourn created by a benevolent
                        omniscient force? Or perhaps it was grown from the ground like the seedling of a redwood.

o2. »
                        Faster and faster they went, like two kids seeing who could say the Pledge of
                        Allegiance faster, as all around them the silence began to sing with in-turned power; the
                        air shimmered and rang with force like a gong ringing backwards, soft at first, then louder,
                        though without sound, without breaking that silence- a hiss, a murmur, and outcry of
                        something about to happen, a shout of inner voices, a silent thunderclap. And the last
                        not-sound, so loud it unmade the world around them and struck them deaf and blind-"

With the loss of the Wells, many are heralding the end of days. How then, do you think it will end?
                        Will Sojourn witness a Rapture, or an untimely demise?

The following are inspiration prompts. Use them wisely.

o3. »
                        Just moments ago, his bicycle had been in one piece. But that was before the
                        sirens. He had taken cover in time to prevent the Lights from claiming his life, but now he
                        can see that many were not so lucky. Newspaper pieces flutter down as snowflakes
                        in the August heat, what remains of his bicycle just a totaled mess of metal, rubber, and
                        paper at his feet. Brushing soot from his eyes, he just blurs his vision further with a mess
                        of tears and dust. It's unfortunate that, at the very moment that he stumbles back, the
                        ground beneath his feet begins to cave in accordingly, melting around his shoes
                        and ankles. As he plunges backwards, spiraling into oblivion, he sees the end of the world
                        in the flashes of blue and red lights.

o4. »
                        The clock bells struck ten, eleven, twelve. They counted every hour, until the grimy
                        panes of my one small window turned from black to gray. Then guards came in.

They chained me at the ankles and chained me at the waist, and marched me through
                        the prison to a coach that waited by the door. I sat inside, behind barred windows,
                        and went riding out of Newgate, into the fog that was gathering again. It tumbled
                        from rooftops and flowed over walls, and we seemed to race it through the London
                        streets and across the Thames to Surrey.

We passed close to my old house, close to the churchyard where Kitty was buried, then
                        swung by the river at a place I knew well.

- ※ D U E D A T E ※ -

EXTENSION:: ALL ENTRIES DUE BY 11:59P PST ON SEPTEMBER 16TH.

Ursine Conquest

User Image

No other will do

- ※ F L A F F L E ※ -

I'm lying of course. This will be a measure of one part quick whit and one part luck.
                      Enter as many 250 [max] worded drabbles using whatever prompt fancies you. It can be one
                      you create from rolling two dice, one you pick using the words below or one off the
                      top of your head. Each drabble will earn you a ticket- 1 drabble = 1 ticket. At the end
                      of the event a winner will be drawn.

[o1.] each entry will cost 1,000g - send trades to LE SOLDAT ETAIN
                      [o2.] please pm your entries to LE SOLDAT ETAIN with the subject line as 'Flaffle Entry'
                      [o3.] please use the form provided below
                      [o4.] again- YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THE PROMPTS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO- they're there for fun!
                      [o5.] have fun- if you're not having fun, you're fired

User Image
User Image

- ※ p r o m p t ※ -

R O L L - 1 - 10 sided die » [click on the word for its definition]

R O L L - 1 - 10 sided die. »

- "You've only heard his point of view. You never asked mine."
                        - "It looks like you're in trouble there. Can I help?"
                        - "I'll find her and bring her home, I promise."
                        - "I want to turn back the clock to before..."
                        - "Well, this is where I live."
                        - "What do you remember about your mother?"
                        - "You came back!"
                        - "Give me one good reason why I should wear a dress."
                        - "I daren't stay long. I just had to see you."
                        - "I'm telling you - the guy was a complete stranger, just walked up and gave me the bag."

[b]CLEANSER:[/b] wanderlust // vergissmeinnicht
                  [b]NAME:[/b] [i](optional)[/i]
                  [b]GENDER:[/b] [i](for wanderlust only/optional)[/i]
                  [b]PROMPT:[/b]
                  [b]CONTENT:[/b] [i](250 words max!)[/i]

- ※ E N T R A N T S ※ -

[wanderlust] gender- you decide. item- rucksack
                  o1. Chibi_Kokoro143
                  o2. Nilah44
                  o3. Nilah44

[vergissmeinnicht] male. item- perfumed love letter
                  o1. Eauo
                  o2. Eauo
                  o3. Eauo
                  o4. Eauo
                  o5. Eauo
                  o6. Eauo
                  o7. Eauo
                  o8. Eauo
                  o9. Eauo
                  10. Eauo

- ※ D U E D A T E ※ -

CLOSED SEPTEMBER 14TH.

User Image

I’ve lost all ambition for worldly acclaim
I just want to be the one you love

- ※ S E V E R U S & S T O N E ※ -
                      don't you fear for me,
                      I am where I'm supposed to be.

User Image

o1. » First step is to go into the [quest subform] and create a quest for your concept! Make sure [THTS] is in the title of your quest.
                      o2. » If you want to use your current quest? Please edit your thread title to contain [THTS] is in the title of your quest.
                      o3. » Second step is to post the following in the thread so we can be sure to add you to the list!

[quote="Le Soldat Etain"][/quote]
                      [b]username:[/b]
                      [b]cleanser name:[/b]
                      [b]link:[/b] please link your cleansers quest-log here
                      [b]consider:[/b] please list the concepts in your thread you'd like us to consider. Only applicable to quest threads with multiple concepts.

o4. » You MAY enter more than once in this event however it must be contained in one quest thread!
                      o5. » There will only be one winner- if your cleanser is the selected win- please send 50,000 g to Le Soldat Etain
                      o6. » In your quest you must have the following

[b]Cleanser Information[/b]
                      Name:

Class:
                      Faction:

Appearance: ((Applicable only to Semi-Customs. If you've won your Cleanser, you may ignore this. You can be as specific as you'd like, but remember, these are semi-customs, so not everything will be taken into account. If there's an ABSOLUTE MUST, please denote it as such.))

Personality:

History: ((Does not need to be a novel, but we need to be able to get a feel for where your character comes from. Details as to why you've become a Cleanser would be nice but are not necessary at this juncture.))

Maybe a few drabbles to show how your Cleanser interacts with folks/surroundings

o7. » If you want a critique? Just ask! Judges may only give out three critiques per quest so keep that in account! [Question and answer communications do NOT count as critiques! Ask away!]
                      o8. » If you base your quest off of a favorite book you get brownie points**

**Brownie points don't actually get you anything extra

- ※ E N T R A N T S ※ -

Quote:
                      username: Tasinei
                      cleanser name: Kesara Sange
                      link: Here
                      consider: Just Kesara!

Quote:
                      username: Nilah44
                      cleanser name: Zelphia Ilarian
                      link: Zelphia
                      consider: just Zelphia!

Quote:
                      username: Rookeries
                      cleanser name: Normandy Sharp
                      link: Here
                      consider: Just Normandy!

Quote:
                      username: Soldier of Song
                      cleanser name: Damir Kozel
                      link: this guy would never call in sick tho

- ※ D U E D A T E ※ -

CLOSED SEPTEMBER 16TH.

Ursine Conquest

User Image

And with your admission that you feel the same
I’ll have reached the goal I’m dreaming of, believe me

- ※ J U D G E S ※ -

Finalizing

Ursine Conquest

User Image

I don't want to set the world on fire

- ※ L I N K U S ※ -

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/breedable-changing-pets/t.93866037_1][img]http://i61.tinypic.com/33ufkvq.png[/img][/url]

Ursine Conquest

User Image

Back to the Main Thread

Ursine Conquest

Concept Inspired by Fahrenheit 451 in honour of Mister Bradbury's Birthday

Fahrenheit 451 © Ray Bradbury
Five Wells Concept, Story, and Setting © Phineaus
Shop Artwork & Graphics © Phineaus & theLimeTree
Characters belong to their respective owners

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff