Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
Patiently awaiting wolf to wake up is hard. I gonna do dishes to keep the spaztastic tendecies down.

@nefri - Why were you telling lies on a dating site? Doesn't that make u as bad as the man who figured out the truth?
((That reminds me of a discussion the other night about a movie I was going to try to find and watch. It's called "Catfish", also the name of the scam portrayed, and if I remember the details correctly, it's about this guy who fell in love with a girl he met online, then months later, everything turned out to be a lie. He was a film maker, so he'd documented the whole experience...there's apparently a spin-off series of the same idea.

Man, that's horrible. I mean, my husband and I met online, despite people telling us the same sorts of things, i.e. "You never know who you're talking to online", etc, etc...but I'm trying to imagine, going through all that, falling in love with someone, then finding out that the person you fell in love with doesn't even exist. That's awful. sad

EDIT: And just looked up the movie and seems it's even more complicated, but wow.))

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The reason I started out doing this is because (a) I was bored and wanted to experiment and (b) a friend of mine (known her since we were both 3) wanted me to check this guy out that shes dating, a friend of hers said she had seen him on this site and she doesn't have access to a computer full time like I do so I said I will see what he is getting up to and report back.

LOL I just pointed out that 18 year olds CAN actually like 'older person' things, it doesn't mean I AM 30 years old (well, trying to not show that) just that I like 'older person' things as this isn't voting, there is no min age that a person has to be to like Mozart or Hans Christain Anderson like there is when you are allowed to vote.

And let me explain, what I was getting with with that is that yes I know 32 year olds can be as mature as a 52 year old and I know a 52 year old can be as immature as a 10 year old but in general I am looking at the idiots who live around me. I see it on the dating site I am on, the 32 year olds that are contacting me are more 'hey, let me screw you tonight' then 'lets have a deep and meaningful conversation over dinner, shall we?'

i am not saying that I haven't had some who I have gotten back to who are around my age and actually ARE decent guys but compared to the amount I have gotten who just want sex. it like 4 or 5 deep and meaningful ones to 50 sexual ones. So yes I know that not all 28 year olds are mature and not all 18 year olds are immature I just have seen more guys who are around 30 or so wanting 'fun' (or chat then fun) then I have had wanting a nice friendly chat and yet the ones wanting a nice friendly chat are usually the 45-50+ year olds.
((*scratching head* But...it's still a lie. You can't mean any of it, if your initial presentation is a lie. You can't build a relationship on a lie, because even if something DID happen, you could NEVER trust that person again. That's not how relationships work. sad ))

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
And like you, Teig, I know that show well, i do think you can find love online BUT these days it is just getting harder and harder to trust those who you speak to, I won't deny what I am doing isn't right but I am also doing it to watch if this guy shes dating turns out to be a class A creep, I don't want to see her get hurt again so...

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
But Teig, I am not actually LOOKING to find someone, I am not giving out my phone number or anything personal, dating sites just are not my thing and if I ever did actually use one I would use it for a legitimately but I tend to just be weary of these sites these days because unlike when online dating first started it wasn't 100% safe but it was a tad bit safer then it is now, now we have far too many guys (and woman) just doing horrible stuff on there like raping others etc that it just isn't something I would recommend unless it was a last resort sort of thing and even then just be careful.
((Well, I misread what you said then, cause it sounded like you'd started looking as well. Hopefully, you DON'T get any genuinely interested parties then that end up being hurt.

Still, deception of any kind doesn't really sit right in my gut. I mean, what if something does happen with them, and he finds out one day about you sneaking around and spying on him? I mean...I wouldn't feel good about that, that's for sure. I mean, I know you're just defending your friend, but... Well, it's a touchy situation. sad

Anyway, I'm not sure online dating is any more or less safe than it was years ago; it's just more widespread and accepted now. The key is just to be smart and not be an idiot, just like trying to date in a bar or anywhere else. You take care not to put yourself in the wrong situation.))

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
/peeks in on break

Aged Genius

homework time!
((*eetz Dai's homework* ninja ))

Teigra's Waifu

Sparkling Fairy

Eat mine too! D:

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
me three please ;n;

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I will, thank you and I am actually closing the account today anyway, I have gotten what I needed over the past few days so I will be closing the account today, might even pm the admin about it now.

HI FEA!! *Glomps* mah Fea! Teigy or anyone else is not allowed her! >D
((Okay! I'm hungry! But if I have a stomach ache later... stare ))

Erina_Nobara's Senpai

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
OnO
/did not realize she was property

.... I want food... but people are makin out by the vending machine......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff