Extra
Extra
Extra
User Image

5.3.13: Almost everything is done?
4.23.13: Nilah tries to finish the thread. D:
User Image

Follow Gaia's ToS
Don't be crass or disrespectful, don't outright insult people, if you have a problem pm them or one of the staff.
Be considerate in thread, no one likes to be ranted at.
Don't be rude to the staff or you will be warned then banned upon second offense.
Don't beg for Dragons or Eggs or Dragonflies
You may ask about growings and such if they are taking a long time just dont pester too often.

We can add more as we see fit.
User Image

"Reds can't rule!" Triton blurted.

"Yeah and blacks are rogues. But just look at Tartarus over there completely smitten with that girl."
Naia patted Triton's snout affectionately.
"What I'm saying is that in times of strife one must break tradition. There are no whites here as you have no doubt noticed oh observant one. And we are cutoff from any other survivors until the skies clear."

"Who is to say they survived Naia?"

"We survived"

"Barely."

"And yet you stand, living to dampen my enthusiasm another day." she said in a singsong voice.

Her dragon harrumphed at her. "Your supposed to be taking this seriously."

"Optimism is serious dear."

Triton narrowed his eyes at her. "Fine, until the skies clear."

Naia smiled. That gave them time to find a female, which, if they were the only rider and dragon pairs on the island, they desperately needed.

Three days ago Mount Tahi had erupted, spewing smoke, ash and lava. It had potentially destroyed the entire dragonbase and all of its occupants. They had only escaped because they had already been in the air after returning from a successful hunt and cleaning session. Naia had taken Itala with her on the hunt for training that day and so the girl had escaped with them. What happened next had been even more shocking.

They had landed in a likely camping spot for the night. Nia was busy tending the wound in her side from a hunk of solidified magma that had flown through the air and hit her midflight. Triton hovered protectively over her. Itala had wandered into the understory to look for firewood. Unbeknowst to them a black dragon long ago considered untamable had come to investigate the breach to his territory. And so the black found the girl before she found any firewood and instead of eating her, the black followed her back to camp.

Triton and Naia had been beyond shock when the shiney black nose had weaved its way into camp, following the young girl, and had stayed there with her. Itala had proudly named the new 75ft addition to the family "Tartarus".

The brawney black grumbled more then he talked and snarled at the red when he got too close. Triton just rolled his eyes and backed off. Black dragons were generally not predictable and this one more so then most. Naia for her part just shook her head. It wasn't like no one had tried to bond to a black, many prominant authority figures had triapsed into the bush to try their hands. Not to mention the score of hyper teens who went every year. But none prevailed. Either they bonded to another color before they could lay their eyes on the elusive blacks, came back mud covered and worse for wear or didnt come back at all. Usually it was the "Didn't see a blasted thing," case.

After Tartarus had made his way to camp, they didn't need to go far for firewood as his passing had knocked over some of the dryer dead trees. They got the fire started and went to sleep.

Later that night as Tartarus folded Itala up in a shroud of black wings by his side, Naia sat propped up against Triton and thought. Big questions went around and around her head.

Were there more survivors?

Where would they settle?

Triton eventually picked his head up and hummed at her loudly. The humming seemed to numb her mind and wiped her thoughts clean allowing her to finally fall asleep.
User Image

The land of Arkaliya was a peaceful place where dragons and humans lived on the same continent in peace, but that doesn’t mean that everything was good. Far off, in the northern mountains, a white female dragon’s wails of mourning could be heard. Her egg had not hatched; her little one was as cold as a stone. But what had caused this? She and her mate were in perfect health; their baby should have hatched from its egg by now. Zurina was at a loss for what to do, she looked to her mate, Misae, with a look of such agony the male knew he had to do something soon. He traveled for a few days, asking any other dragons he came across if they had any knowledge. Unfortunately, he came up with nothing and knew drastic measures were needed. Misae decided to travel to the human royal court to ask of their help. He took his egg with him, carrying it cradled in his right forefoot. When he arrived, he asked for an audience with the King. Needless to say, the humans were a bit intimidated by Misae, they hadn’t ever seen a white dragon before. But they did as he asked, and one guard left to go get the king. While waiting, a set of guards led him through some walkways that were difficult for him to get through. He needed to stretch out his wings to compensate for carrying his egg in such a way but these narrow human aisles were too small. Finally, he made it to the gardens where the guards said would be the best place for their meeting. Misae wouldn’t have been able to make it to the Grand Hall where the King normally takes audiences. The dragon didn’t have to wait too long, it seemed the King was interested in why a dragon would come to his castle. There were no trumpets when he arrived, but King Marnan Markain still entered regally. It seemed he did not want to make this meeting any more public that it already was, for what reason, Misae couldn’t say. Knowing a little bit about human culture, Misae nodded his head to the king, showing respect. He wasn’t saying that he was lower than the king, he was just giving him the respect deserved from his station.

”Good afternoon, King Markain.” Misae greeted in english, his deep voice resonating through the garden.

”Good afternoon to you as well, dragon. Something must be dire for you to come to me. What is it that you need?”

”I’m sorry, I didn’t introduce myself, I am Misae. And you are correct, there is something wrong.” He held out his forefoot and gently laid the egg down on the soft grass between him and the king.

”You see, my mate’s egg has not hatched yet. The timing is right and the little one should have hatched by now. But as you can tell, it has not, and if the King would like to touch our egg, he would see that it is as cold as a stone. Nothing like this has been heard of amongst dragon kind before and my mate and I are healthy. This is why we have come to you, to see if your kind had anything that could help.”

King Markain was at a loss of what to tell the dragon. His people had no experience with dragons. Yet how could he refuse this one? ”We do not have experience in this, but I will help you Misae. If you will leave your egg with us, we will see what we can do. You may visit, of course, and check to see if we’ve made any progress. We will try our best.”

There was something endearing about this dragon coming to them for help. King Markain knew that if anything were wrong with his children he’d take them to a doctor, but it seemed the dragon kind did not have those.
Misae dipped his head deeper this time, in thanks. ”Thank you. I will return soon with my mate. She will want to see progress even more than I.” And with that, the white dragon took off right there in the gardens, eager to get home to tell his mate all that had happened. There was a chance for their egg now.

The king, although he had told the white dragon that he would help, Marnan had no idea of what to do. Any knowledge that he had of eggs said it needed to be kept warm, like a chicken’s egg. He didn’t want to put it in the castle’s coop, though; it was much too dangerous there. Thinking of where safe places might be, places that his family loved came to mind. ”Aha!” He exclaimed as he thought of a solution. His wife, Malaya, loved to garden and had her own personal greenhouse. The humidity and warmth in there should be perfect for the egg. Scooping it up, it was kind of heavy, but not too much so for the human king. He had a quick private meeting with his guard who had been there making sure not a word about this would be spoken. Quickly, he made sure no one saw him as he made his way to the greenhouse. Grabbing one of the planters his wife often used, he grabbed some moist soil to soften it. Then, Marnan nestled the egg into the little handmade nest. There was one thing that he didn’t realize though, it was that he had been followed by the most adept of spies, his fourteen year old daughter.

”Daddy? What is that?” Although she had followed him, she had no clue what had happened in the garden.

”Finnley, what are you doing out here?” Of course, he shouldn’t be surprised that his second child was out running around the castle grounds.

”I followed you Dad, I’m done with my studies so Shilla let me leave. What is that?” A hesitant hand reached out towards the egg, it sure was pretty!

With a sigh, King Marnan knew he wouldn’t be able to hide this from his daughter. ”Fin, if I tell you. You have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone, not your Mother or your brothers and sisters, okay?” He would tell his wife, of course, but he didn’t want his children to possibly hurt the egg.

”Of course!” The young girl bounced up and down in anticipation.

”This, is a dragon egg! One of the adult dragons brought it to me because it wouldn’t hatch. I’m trying to help him with it. Would you do me a favor sweetie? Would you come and check on it every day for me and make sure nobody hurts it?”

The girl nodded vigorously. ”That’s a good girl. Now let’s go have a tea party okay?” He picked his daughter up as they made their way out.

For the next couple of weeks, Finnley was true to her word and visited the greenhouse at least once a day. She even had tea parties with it! Finn made sure the egg was kept warm and King Marnan even had to come down and get her because she had fallen asleep with it a few times. There were a couple of days that her father wouldn’t let her see it, and she didn’t know why. It was a few days after one of those days that she visited her egg, as she had begun calling it. The egg felt different, though, it was harder, it seemed more fragile and it scared Finnley. She didn’t want to worry her father though, so she just kept trying to keep it warm. A few days after that, the young girl walked into the greenhouse to find that the egg had a crack in it! She cradled her egg, wondering if something was wrong with it when she felt it wiggle. Then, suddenly, a little piece of shell popped off. Finnley squinted as she tried to look in the hold only to see a little eye staring right back at her. Although it startled her, she didn’t drop the egg, but watched in amazement as more piece of shell was projected away from the little thing inside. It wasn’t long until a little white dragon sat on her lap. The dragon stared up at her and with a little squeak, it sneezed. Little sparked came from the dragon’s little nostrils but were snuffed out by the girl’s quick feet and the dirt on the floor. ”Delia.” She named the little dragon. Delia looked up at her with a cocked head, already recognizing its name. For whatever reason, Finnley knew the hatchling was female. Gently, the girl set the dragon back in the nest and started to leave to tell her father what had happened. That was when she heard rustling, when she turned around, she saw Delia trying to follow her. Well that wouldn’t do, Finnley couldn’t have anyone else in the castle see her. With a sigh, she grabbed one of the large baskets made for collecting flowers and bulbs and set it on the table. Picking up Delia wasn’t easy, but she managed to set her down in the basket, then, almost like a dog, Finnley pointed at the dragon and said, ”Stay.” And to the girl’s surprise, Delia actually stayed. Quickly, before the dragon could move, Finn grabbed a piece of cloth that was sometimes used to cover the tables with and draped it over the dragon and basket. Delia peeked her head out from under the cloth causing Finnley to giggle. She held open an edge of the cloth and put a finger to her lips telling the little one to be quiet. Delia, somewhat understanding, curled up in the little basket. The girl made her way to her father’s quarters where she knew he would be at this time of day. She kept a firm grip on the basket as she motioned to her father and he sent all his attendants away. Lifting up the edge once more, she showed her father. King Marnan was just as shocked as he sat down on the little bench at the end of his bed. Finnley coaxed Delia out of the basket. The dragon skittered around the room causing Finnley to laugh once more; it even made a smile appear on the King’s lips. ”I’ll send word to the hatchling’s parents so they know.” King Marnan told his daughter. And that he did, he had told the white dragons that when or if the egg hatched, he would fly a flag of his royal color blue and the color of the dragons, white. So on that day, he flew a blue and white striped flag along with his own to signal the hatching of their egg.

Zurina and Misae saw that flag flying high above the king’s castle and sighed in relief. Their egg had hatched. The couple spent days over the next few years visiting their little hatchling, named Delia by the human. They had tried to bring their child home with them but it seemed for whatever reason the little hatchling wanted to stay with the human. The friendship seemed to change both the human and dragon. The dragon seemed loyal to the human, like they were family. Finnley’s hair had started bleaching itself, turning from the dark chestnut brown it had been slowly turning white. It was very curious and the king became worried that his daughter may be sick. But it seemed the princess was in fine health. Years passed as the princess now had a full head of white hair. The little hatchling grew bigger and bigger, quickly outgrowing the greenhouse and now had nowhere to go. Delia’s beauty attracted dragons from all around, trying to win her as their mate. King Marnan couldn’t deal with the influx of dragons around his castle; the fighting males causing fires in the gardens disrupted his day multiple times. He sat down with his daughter to try to figure something out. After many days and many tossed out ideas, the two finally agreed on one. Finnley and Delia would travel with a group of builders to two or three of the islands off the coast of the continent where they would set up their own permanent home. These groups of islands would be called Island Arcs. Each of the dragon prince/princess’ after Finnley would have their own arc for their bondeds to share as their home. Other dragons and there riders were invited to these arcs to make them their home as well so they wouldn’t be lonely and could be with their own kind. The Dragon Princess and her white bonded dragon would rule their own arc as their founders. It would be outfitted with everything humans and dragons needed including greenhouses. Finnley and Delia lived here happily and began uniting humans and dragons together. It became a sanctuary for humans and dragons that were bonded, a place big enough for them to live with their counterparts. Decades later, these traditions were still being followed as Dragon Princes’ and Princess’ formed their own arcs, even so, there were plenty more islands to support generations more.
User Image

EGGS

User Image

Hatchlings

User Image

Adults

User Image
User Image

Pricing:

Flatsale pricing:
8,000 for Adult
16,000 for growing

Customs:
Base Adult custom price: 15 k
Base growing custom price: 30 k

Flaffle ticket price: 100 g
User Image

Edward - Story. Lines. Shading. Coloring. Base of Shop.
Nilah - History, Help with Base and Story. Coloring.
Bexados - Rp Aid. Help with Base of Shop.
Reoakee - Rp Aid. Help with Lines.
User Image

Reoakee: for being amazingly awesome and helping with whatever

User Image

None yet, and hopefully never. ^.^

User Image

Lets hope we never have to put anyone here. >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash