Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tea and Cake....

...Or death! 0.65068493150685 65.1% [ 95 ]
....Or Chicken? 0.34931506849315 34.9% [ 51 ]
Total Votes:[ 146 ]

Newbie Noob

Hopefully it is a miscommunication! Just be very open and honest and spend time together to figure it out. I had a friendship that was on the rocks similarly. But once it hit an ultimatum time with major slaps in both our faces, we recovered and have never been stronger. There's always a silver lining no matter how it ends up!!

Hell yeah, and this new shop is definitely developing its own family of sorts. Gaia is a place where you can be completely open. We're all just a keyboard away so to speak biggrin

Dovaxy's Wife

Seeker

o 3o
/nests on Ephe

I am going through something similar Yushi; at this point I've not spoken to him in almost a month... I miss him, but I can't be active in his life right now, not after everything that was said and how it was said. However, I hope you and your friend are handling thr communication aspect better than we are.
Always, Yushi. <333 I have no sage advice to offer 'cause I'm not the best at relationships, but I very much agree with Tribute - she speaks very wise words I think. <3333

And yeah, definitely @Tribute, re: people in Alchemia! I feel this is a very comfortable shop to be in, everyone is so nice, haha. It's really awesome!

//gently snugs the nesting Kia and wishes I was better at relationship advice ;;;
You can always talk to us about it if you need to vent, though. <3333

@Tribute, re: earlier post; XDDDD I WISH I COULD BE LIKE THAT but I'm a bit of a natural worrier haha. But next time I stumble upon a tempting shop, I WILL ATTEMPT IT. |:<

Ohh that sounds really fun! There's nothing like arts and crafts projects, where you can actually see the progression. It's just such a fulfilling feeling, I think! If that makes sense? It's like with my embroidery, I love seeing the progress because I can see the work paying off. XD

And you sound really pro at it! Have you done a lot of stuff like that?

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

████████ ███████████████████████ ███ ██████████████████

┉┉⇢ -settles into thread and just kinda... cleans-
              xD
              ⇠┉┉

Teepee xxxxx Alchemia

████████ ███████████████████████ ███ ██████████████████

Newbie Noob

Ephebe~ I have!!! Only my last few projects have turned out well though. TRIAL AND ERROR!!!
I had a failed attempt at Samus aran. Mostly completed, just too difficult to really wear the way the pep files were. Then a failed attempt at Kat from halo reach.

Then finally a success at custom Gears of war armor. And now this is turning out well!

Newbie Noob

In fact heres some pictures of the helmet waiting to be fiberglassed and detailed!

User Image

User Image
Of all things, cleaning?! XD //watches Tech in action

@Tribute; that's really great! It's always trial and error, ALWAYS. My first embroidery was OK on the front, hideous in the back. XDD
And ohhhh wowwww, that helmet is looking really good! o3o I don't even know the series that well, but even I can recognize that helmet!!

Newbie Noob

Ephebe~ You do embroidery?! That's very cool, im horrendous when it comes to needle work. I can't sew I can make anything clothe correctly and I definitely cant do embroidery well. You have to be really good with eyeballing designs and portions and seeing the overall picture, and my brain cannot do that. I

I envy those who are skilled with a needle. biggrin

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
Wow I don't know what the helmet is made of but that looks incredible!
Yep, I embroider! I only know one technique, but lately I've been thinking I want to do something Tolkien-verse (maybe the white tree of gonder on a dark-ish background?) and I'd rather do it in something other than cross-stitch, so I'm gonna ask my grandma to show me how to do other stitches for it. JUST GOTTA CATCH HER because she is out on the town alllll the time XDD

I can't sew either! I've done a bit in school, although not that much (and I've since forgotten all of it, haha), and like, one medieval dress for the medieval festival in Horsens. But my grandma did most of the work there!
And as for the designs, you can get patterns that show you where to put your stitches - just gotta count it out. And I think you can even get fabrics with the colours printed onto them, so you just have to follow them there, don't even need to count!

HEY HARU OuO/ //curls around

Newbie Noob

Thanks! It's made out of cardstock using a pepakura papercraft pattern. Very simple, just fold cut and paste like a 3d puzzle.
They have files for anything like:
Halo
Gundam
GOW
Star Wars
Mass effect

And so much more. After you build it, you then fiberglass and bondo it (like body work on a car) then paint.

If anyone is interested in doing this kind of thing I can point you in the right direction and give you pointers. Its simple, just time consuming (great for a hobby and to do over a long period of time) and can be a tad expensive if you rush it. But then again spending 300-600$ over time for something like this: Here

Newbie Noob

Ephebe
Yep, I embroider! I only know one technique, but lately I've been thinking I want to do something Tolkien-verse (maybe the white tree of gonder on a dark-ish background?) and I'd rather do it in something other than cross-stitch, so I'm gonna ask my grandma to show me how to do other stitches for it. JUST GOTTA CATCH HER because she is out on the town alllll the time XDD

I can't sew either! I've done a bit in school, although not that much (and I've since forgotten all of it, haha), and like, one medieval dress for the medieval festival in Horsens. But my grandma did most of the work there!
And as for the designs, you can get patterns that show you where to put your stitches - just gotta count it out. And I think you can even get fabrics with the colours printed onto them, so you just have to follow them there, don't even need to count!

HEY HARU OuO/ //curls around

Oh man you have to show me the Tolkien embroidry if you do it. That'd be soooo freaking cool. I always wanted a cool lotr style saddle pad for my horse. That stuff is so awesome.
xX_TRIBUTE_GAMER_Xx

Oh man you have to show me the Tolkien embroidry if you do it. That'd be soooo freaking cool. I always wanted a cool lotr style saddle pad for my horse. That stuff is so awesome.

I totally will! Currently I'm just waffling over what version of the white tree to use, haha. I'm so indecisive. ;;;;
Ohh that'd be amazing! And I bet pretty easy to make. :0 I have a site for lotr costumes and crafts and such, let me link you to it a bit later! I have to run now, mom's coming over for dinner, but I'll find the link later. <333333333333333333333

//waves goodbye to everyone OuO/

Dovaxy's Wife

Seeker

Ephebe

like... you only know a cross stitch itself or you know all the common cross stitch stitches and want to branch out in the realm of hand sewing?
Kiareii
]

like... you only know a cross stitch itself or you know all the common cross stitch stitches and want to branch out in the realm of hand sewing?

I know a couple of cross stitches! I only know what they're called in Danish, though. ;;; And I'm looking to branch out! I'd like to learn some french knots and stuff. I don't know the English names, but I Can find some examples later!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff