Welcome to Gaia! ::

Solo #49

Rio was napping peacefully after a very filling lunch when he felt a slight tug on his sleeve, followed by a stronger pull when he failed to respond, an aggravated chitter, and finally, a floox on his face. That certainly got his attention! Somewhat less than delighted, he plucked the offending creature from his face and sat up, wrinkling his nose and trying to blow the hair out of it. The ridgeback blinked dark eyes at him and chirped, then wriggled out of his grasp to jump to the grassy floor and run to the door before running back to him with another chirp.

Puzzled - and more than a little sleepy - Rio squinted at the floox. "What?" Phlox huffed, scurried away and back and away again, yipping insistently. A few more moments of frowning and it dawned on the god that Phlox wanted to be followed. But why would he...

Suddenly, Love was out of bed and panicking, enough to let slip an exclamation inherited from his host that otherwise he would have been embarrassed by, "Oh my god, is it Adi? Is Adi okay?"

He almost didn't notice Phlox nod, but when he did, relief flooded him, and he sat back down. "What do you want, then?" Answering that question, however, was far beyond the floox's simple abilities, and his response was to once again indicate that Rio should follow him. He sighed. "Alright, alright. I guess I can sleep later."

With that, he followed Phlox out of the room, out the window and down the tree, and off into the forest. The farther they went, the more confused Rio got, and the more he asked Phlox where they were going and why, despite the ageless' inability to tell him. He just marched onward, making short noises whenever the god questioned him - Rio suspected it was a floox form of backsass. Love could tell they were getting closer to whatever-it-was when Phlox dashed ahead, forcing him to run to keep up, until the fluffy creature came to an abrupt stop. He only barely noticed in time to do the same, and avoid falling down a steep bank.

Down at the bottom of what must have been a river once, a long time ago, was Adi - sparking another fleeting 'oh my god!' moment - and she wasn't alone. Standing nearby was what he could only describe as a small red dinosaur, a dinosaur! Before he could launch himself down to save her, however, she was waving in greeting, and called up, "There you are!"

Since she didn't seem at all in distress, he calmed down. A little. "Wh-what are you doing down there?"

"Well, I saw this thing," she answered, indicating the dinosaur, "And it wanted me to follow it, so I did. There's somebody down here, and they're hurt! You'd better come down, but be careful."

Leave it to his daughter to follow a dinosaur and not think twice about it. Clearly they needed to have another talk about potentially dangerous things and people...not that it would change anything. As carefully as was possible, he half-scooted/half-slid down, while Phlox charged merrily past him. Once safely down (but dirty and missing a few wing-pieces), he could see that the horse-sized reptile was wearing a saddle, and more immediately relevant, had been blocking his view of the person Adi had found: a cat person, in point of fact, slight of build and covered in tawny fur. She was beautiful.

More importantly - priorities! - she'd been bleeding, as there was sticky half-dried blood on her head. She had, presumably, fallen and hit it. Kneeling beside her, he gave Adi a quick pat on the shoulder before looking the woman over. She didn't seem to have any other injuries, or at least nothing was at an obviously unnatural angle. He wasn't exactly qualified to diagnose anything beyond that, and though his initial thought was of course to take her home and take care of her there, he was leery of moving her. But what else could they do? Biting his lip, he made up his mind.

"Okay, here's what we're going to do..."

After he explained the plan to Adi, she helped him pick up - very very gently - the cat-lady and put her on what was clearly some manner of riding animal, even if it didn't look the part beyond the saddle and bridle...and he was just a little worried it still might take exception to them and eat them. They secured her as best they could before climbing up the bank and heading for home, with Adi leading the dinosaur by its reins and talking to it like it was just another pet.
Solo #50

Nashwa wakes up~
Solo #51

More Nashwa!
RP #70

Hallparty!
With Lots!

With Tien and Lisana taking their leave in quick succession, the party dwindles down to Nergal and Rio and their daughters, though they're joined by Caolan and Kinsley to make up for it. Eventually, food is served, and the gathering comes to its inevitable conclusion and dissipates.
Solo #53

All grown up. crying
RP #71

Separation Anxiety
Rio and Orin

After spilling his woes to Orin and their son - and having more than a little to drink in the process, Rio eventually calms down about Adi deciding to 'grow up.' He spends the night, then returns home, feeling much better...and considering the possibility of sending his aoidei to visit.
Solo #54

Sarka!
Solo #55

Sarka is suspicious.
Solo #56

Scouting, arrow-carving.
Solo #57

Shooting~
Solo #58

Effects

Quick Reply

Submit