Welcome to Gaia! ::

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Mama Ame
I tried to read through the series about two years ago. But I had a baby and I was pregnant and I couldn't keep my focus. But I plan on starting it up again after I finish some other series that I am reading. Good luck with finishing it! I did enjoy it. There was just a lot going on at the time I tried to read it.

Oh, I completely understand, I have a 1 year old monkey myself. By the time she's down for the night, I'm usually too tired to read. But the books aren't going anywhere, so there's plenty of time to finish them.

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

Boesen Moo
Mama Ame
I tried to read through the series about two years ago. But I had a baby and I was pregnant and I couldn't keep my focus. But I plan on starting it up again after I finish some other series that I am reading. Good luck with finishing it! I did enjoy it. There was just a lot going on at the time I tried to read it.

Oh, I completely understand, I have a 1 year old monkey myself. By the time she's down for the night, I'm usually too tired to read. But the books aren't going anywhere, so there's plenty of time to finish them.

Right now I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire (AKA Game of Thrones). I prefer to only read one epic fantasy series at a time. I'm on the third book. I may pick up The Wheel of Time after I'm done. I did enjoy it. I think I got to the 5th book? I remember Perrin was my favorite.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Mama Ame

Ha ha, I've had people try to get me to read Game of Thrones and I said the same thing. One series at a time. Perrin seems to be a fan favorite among the ladies. Must be his boyish charm and manly shoulders. cat_wink

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

Boesen Moo
Mama Ame

Ha ha, I've had people try to get me to read Game of Thrones and I said the same thing. One series at a time. Perrin seems to be a fan favorite among the ladies. Must be his boyish charm and manly shoulders. cat_wink

I don't know what it was! He just clicked with me.

I couldn't stand Rand. Hubby says he eventually gets better but I spent most of the first five books wanting to punch him in the face xd

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Finally finished book 10; the book where nothing gets accomplished. Now on to Knife of Dreams.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Finished book 11! I really liked the way it came together toward the end. I even liked Egwene in this one! Now on to The Gathering Storm.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm about to start it myself. My co-worker lent me the first book, but it's sitting there on the bottom of my bookshelf just staring at me with its little book eyes.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Blue Eyed Wallflower
I'm about to start it myself. My co-worker lent me the first book, but it's sitting there on the bottom of my bookshelf just staring at me with its little book eyes.

I know how that is. I've got a stack of books that need to get read, and every time I pick one up my brain goes - 'Oh, it's comic day better pick those up!' Or - 'Hey some free time let's play some Disney Infinity!' Poor books.
Eye of the World is one of my favorites in the series, I hope you enjoy it!

Wild Mystic

Boesen Moo
fremenade
Is it just me, or was The Shadow Rising dragged out and boring? I had to trudge through that one.

I think the problem with Shadow Rising is there was so much going on. I think it might have been an easier read if it was split up.

*nods* I agree. But the question is how would you slip it up and what would you put in as filler?

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

LuvDragon

*nods* I agree. But the question is how would you slip it up and what would you put in as filler?

I don't know if I would put in any filler, there's already so much going on I don't think it needs any. Not sure how I would split up, but it feels like Rand and his party could do a book by themselves. There was a lot going on with the Aiel and Forsaken. What would you do?

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Finished The Gathering Storm earlier this week. Now halfway through book 13 - Towers of Midnight.
I am enjoying the characters attitudes in the this one so much more than I have in a while. You can only put up dark and moody for so long.

Witty Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Boesen Moo
Finished The Gathering Storm earlier this week. Now halfway through book 13 - Towers of Midnight.
I am enjoying the characters attitudes in the this one so much more than I have in a while. You can only put up dark and moody for so long.

There's quite a heated debate, even today, among the fandom as to whether Brandon Sanderson actually wrote the characters better than RJ did or if he put his own spin on them to the point that they weren't recognizable as the characters those of us who have been around since the beginning grew up with. I think he did a great job finishing and I think it was next to impossible for his style to not influence the characters. If you ever feel like taking a break you should definitely check out his books. Mistborn is a great trilogy and his new epic The Stormlight Archives is shaping up to be one of the better High Fantasy series I've ever read. Just my two cents.

Interstellar Fixer-Upper

The Wheel of Time series is the best thing I have ever read. I was sad to see it end. I think it'd be cool to see some WoT themed apparel options here on Gaia.

It's time to toss the dice.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

The Dragon Reborn 28

There's quite a heated debate, even today, among the fandom as to whether Brandon Sanderson actually wrote the characters better than RJ did or if he put his own spin on them to the point that they weren't recognizable as the characters those of us who have been around since the beginning grew up with. I think he did a great job finishing and I think it was next to impossible for his style to not influence the characters. If you ever feel like taking a break you should definitely check out his books. Mistborn is a great trilogy and his new epic The Stormlight Archives is shaping up to be one of the better High Fantasy series I've ever read. Just my two cents.

I can see where he wrote for a character and where Jordan did; especially for Mat. Thank you for the suggestions, I may check out some of his work.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

BLlNDBARD
The Wheel of Time series is the best thing I have ever read. I was sad to see it end. I think it'd be cool to see some WoT themed apparel options here on Gaia.

It's time to toss the dice.

Funny enough I saw a woman wearing a shirt that had 'Far Dareis Mai' on it over the weekend. As for Gaia, I think the clothes are vague enough that you could make a good costume. Now if you're talking about flags or speech bubbles that would be cool to have some.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff