Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Hunter

6,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Leave the title and author and maybe a little reason why you liked it the most out of all the other books you read/finished this month ^_^
The Knife of Never Letting Go

It's an interesting concept, along with the two subsequent books in the trilogy it's a nice story with some quirky language and characters. One of the main points in the book is that all the men can hear each others thoughts, I like the way it's handled in the books and how it impacts character development.

Magical Senshi

9,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. Brilliant.

Devoted Sage

Although I haven't been able to read much of it yet, I know my answer is Tamora Pierce's book Mastiff. I love the character Beka, and it's really interesting to read about the duty of Dogs from her perspective, as well as read about how she handles the hardships in her line of work.

Shadowy Rogue

12,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The world is not beautiful

If I had to pick one favorite from the month, it would be Distrust that Particular Flavor by William Gibson. It's a collection of articles and such that he's done over the years, mostly talking about technology in some aspect, with commentary on the end of each about what he thinks about it now. He's amazingly predictive in a lot of ways, and when he gets it wrong he's not afraid to laugh at himself. Since he writes primarily fiction, most of his articles read more like fiction and not anything dry and technical, and he really conveys feelings well.

Therefore it is.

7,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
The Palace Circle
Rebecca Dean

I really love semi-historical fiction, personally, so it's a very good read. Interesting characters, fairly accurate... Just wonderful biggrin
Karutan Koremanu

I've been thinking about reading that one but I can't really find any good information what it's about. emo
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
It was sssssooooo good, it made me sad that it had to end but hopefully there will be another one. xd

5,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
I liked it because it gave a different point of view on anorexia and other eating disorders. It was really well written and was full of different twists.

Shadowy Rogue

12,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Karutan Koremanu
The world is not beautiful

I read that in December. Definitely a great book. Of course I like pretty much anything he does.

Therefore it is.
In Her Name: Empire by Michael R Hicks.
First off, it's a free book. The author is self-published, and his marketing strategy consists of 'HERE. Have this book. Read it. Buy more if you like it.'
The book itself is kind of awesome. I mean, I review books as a hobby, and my blog post on this one is at least triple the size of any of my other recent ones, I'll tell you that much.
It's a sci-fiish book about a human kid who gets kidnapped by an alien race and raised as one of them as part of a grand experiment for the alien race to see if humans have souls, or are just animals.
Seriously, if you haven't read it yet, go do so.
It's free on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or the author's blog.

Zukiroh's Senpai

Sparkly Browser

User Image

The Outsiders
S.E. Hinton

It's the only book I've read this month that hasn't been a textbook. Plus it is just an awesome emotional story.

User Image
Misery by Stephen King
Final Theory, by Mark Alpert. I actually found it in the lost-and-found at work, and when I was bored, started reading it. I got so into it, I borrowed it to bring home, finished it, and returned it the next day. redface

It's a typical mass market thriller, but instead of religion or pseudoscience, it actually focuses on physics instead. Basically Einstein solved the mystery of life, but clearly the answer could tear apart civilization, so he had to hide it. And now creepy Russians are after it. Yeah, not the most original plot, but the fact that it draws from string theory and not pseudoreligion was enough to make it original. I would recommend it.

Blessed Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Storm Front by Jim Butcher. It's the first book in The Dresden Files.

It's a story about a an openly practicing Wizard that helps the police solve supernatural mysteries. This is right up my alley because I love the supernatural and there is nothing better than a good mystery. Plus my favorite actor narrates the Audio books so I've actually been listening to them instead.

They're really good though, he knows how to write a wonderful story and make it funny at the same time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff