Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Tiokou of Fire
Klaark
What's sad is that even if these people could write well, no one would ever acknowledge it. Models are stupid and that's how it is, amiright?

No, if it was Kate Moss, Heidi Klum or Jennifer Connolly, I'd have been less skeptical when the novel was announced. The fact would remain that none of them are writers by trade, hobby, or training. Fame can get you a book published, but it can't make you write well.

What would make you less skeptical of those people? Are they known to be more intelligent that Banks, or just less bitchy?
Klaark
Tiokou of Fire
Klaark
What's sad is that even if these people could write well, no one would ever acknowledge it. Models are stupid and that's how it is, amiright?

No, if it was Kate Moss, Heidi Klum or Jennifer Connolly, I'd have been less skeptical when the novel was announced. The fact would remain that none of them are writers by trade, hobby, or training. Fame can get you a book published, but it can't make you write well.

What would make you less skeptical of those people? Are they known to be more intelligent that Banks, or just less bitchy?

I don't know as much about them, but they seem to hold themselves in a more dignified manner. Plus, they learn from interdisciplinary mistakes (See: Jennifer Connolly in Labyrinth. She hasn't done much of note, but she's gotten better at acting.)

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Tiokou of Fire
Klaark
Tiokou of Fire
Klaark

I don't know as much about them, but they seem to hold themselves in a more dignified manner. Plus, they learn from interdisciplinary mistakes (See: Jennifer Connolly in Labyrinth. She hasn't done much of note, but she's gotten better at acting.)

I think it would be fruitless to argue that none of those things are real indicators of intelligence, and that ultimately we just don't know how smart those women are compared to each other.

It appears to me that they are sharp enough to manage fairly successful careers in a fast-paced, difficult industry. I've also noticed that people assume the majority of attractive, famous women, especially models, don't have two brain cells to rub together, and that if one did display overt signs of intelligence, people's tendency would be to write it off as a trick or an act.

I'd like to think the bitchy one is also the stupidest, but I'm not sure the evidence bears that.

But we were discussing writing ability, weren't we? Well I've never read Banks' work, so maybe she does suck, but I also stand by my position that if she were good, no one would acknowledge it because super models are supposed to be airheads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff