What are you: anti? neutral? fan?

An anti 0.56361514090379 56.4% [ 3380 ]
Neutral 0.25212606303152 25.2% [ 1512 ]
A fan 0.078539269634817 7.9% [ 471 ]
EDWARD'S SO HAWT!!!1!1apple 0.029348007337002 2.9% [ 176 ]
Poll whore~ 0.07637151909288 7.6% [ 458 ]
Total Votes:[ 5997 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 1943 1944 1945 > >> >>> »|

i hate twilight becuz its wierd and stupid.besides bella is a brat and edward is a freak

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
Version 4.0? Wow, last time I was in this forum it still version 1 with 1600 pages. User Image

Anyway, I liked the article on page 2. It hadn't really struck me yet the Meyerpires are so ridiculously over powered that they should be dominating the earth. Not hiding form humans and trying to blend in. stare
I'm pondering making a book review thread. Anyone wanna give me header art? I'm in an art funk. neutral

Also, back on topic, I think we need more ferret-stealing-apple pictures.

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
Why a ferret? I think I've missed something here.... sweatdrop
Ah, it was something back in the V.3 thread before it got shut down.
Karura Koremanu
I'm pondering making a book review thread. Anyone wanna give me header art? I'm in an art funk. neutral

Ah, Franz...

If I wasn't so lazy, and felt like getting my tablet out, I'd try to draw something, but... I'm just about that lazy right now. mrgreen

In other news, I haet so hard how the Twilight discussion thread attracts people unwilling to actually discuss the books. I'm almost tempted to play devil's advocate, and try to find something good in the books. Thing is, I don't know if I have the strength. sweatdrop

I finally got the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, which is also written in first person. And, while it's admittedly not the best novel ever written, it is FAR better, and has already kept my attention for far longer, than Twilight.

Thoughts on what draws people to Twilight so strongly?

Dapper Lunatic

Karura Koremanu
Ah, it was something back in the V.3 thread before it got shut down.

I'm sure it was the second thread since I remember seeing posts about Franz in the thread before I went on my volunteering trip. I never even saw the third thread and I'm not quite sure how this whole Twilight clean up actually happened.
socialblasphemy
Karura Koremanu

It's a perfect world where love is easy to get.
And it's a virus that rots the reader's brains and turns them into zombies, preaching the word of Twilight.

Dapper Lunatic

socialblasphemy

What kept me reading was wondering what happens next. It's a bit like how in soaps they rely on cliffhangers to keep people watching.
Zeffy Reborn

It's a perfect world where love is easy to get.

That makes sense, as most of the people reading it are fairly young. And even the adults who read it want the above statement to be true (love is easy). It's what we're taught in all the fairy tale clichés, after all. True love lasts, and they all live happily ever after, blah blah blah.

Gai Ketoji

What kept me reading was wondering what happens next. It's a bit like how in soaps they rely on cliffhangers to keep people watching.

LOL, soaps. I actually watch a few of those, if for nothing else than for the lulz. I can understand if you enjoyed them on that level, anyway.

What, specifically, might I ask kept you interested? Was it the writing style, or the plot?

Because I find myself almost wholly disinterested in what happens next. In a small way, I want to know; but I can't help but think that has more to do with my curious nature than it does the writing. sweatdrop

Dapper Lunatic

socialblasphemy
What, specifically, might I ask kept you interested? Was it the writing style, or the plot?

Usually there was one thing that I was interested in seeing that kept me interested.

With Twilight it was meeting the other Cullens. After a while I'd grown tired of Edward being the only vampire we actually got a good look at when there was a whole family to meet.

In New Moon it was seeing the other Cullens again. Jacob didn't interest me and Bella's friends aren't as entertaining as they are in the film. I'm sure we can all agree New Moon was boring. The other wolves were a nice change of pace but after meeting them it went back to boring until Alice showed up.

I'm not sure what it was with Eclipse. To be honest I forgot most of Eclipse, it wasn't very memorable. Jasper's story was defiantly the highlight but that wasn't really something to look forward too. The problem is most of the book was preparing for a fight I knew we wouldn't see so there wasn't really anything to look forward too.

With Breaking Dawn it was the fight that never happened. I was really looking forward to finally seeing a big battle between vampires since Bella was not only able to witness it but she was going to take part too. But of course that was a complete let down.
Quote:
Kristen, in an interview with Nylon Magazine, was quoted saying that the Twilight promotional tour were “psychotic situations” and that she has always been asked “bull***t questions”. To top that, according to her dad, Kristen will only attend the Oscars “When it’s a great movie, not just one that makes a lot of money.”

http://sjtwinews.blogspot.com/2009/02/kristen-stewart-ungrateful.html
http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=328411&showcomments=true

I was going to post it days ago, but I stopped myself. Now I just can't hold this in.

DISCUSS.
i hate twilight and those sparkiling vamps tjey are sooooo stupid scream gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk gonk scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream
The Hardboiled Gypsy
Quote:
Kristen, in an interview with Nylon Magazine, was quoted saying that the Twilight promotional tour were “psychotic situations” and that she has always been asked “bull***t questions”. To top that, according to her dad, Kristen will only attend the Oscars “When it’s a great movie, not just one that makes a lot of money.”

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=328411&showcomments=true

I was going to post it days ago, but I stopped myself. Now I just can't hold this in.

DISCUSS.

Kristen Stewart is my new hero. rofl

Now, along with RPattz pretty much calling the book series a masturbatory fantasy of SMeyer's, we have proof that neither of the actors portraying the main characters even really liked the film.

In a way, I can respect them for recognizing a cashcow like Twilight when they see one, and realizing that it could potentially get them noticed. I've never seen Pattinson in anything (I haven't seen the Twilight movie, 'cause the hype was annoying, and it didn't look that interesting to be honest), but I've seen Kristen Stewart act, and she is good when she's really trying.

I also can't help but wonder if this is somewhat about publicity as well. Though some might say it would be bad to piss off what is, at this moment, essentially her fanbase, it still grabs attention. As they say, "No publicity is bad publicity".
socialblasphemy
The Hardboiled Gypsy
Quote:

DISCUSS.

Kristen Stewart is my new hero. rofl

Now, along with RPattz pretty much calling the book series a masturbatory fantasy of SMeyer's, we have proof that neither of the actors portraying the main characters even really liked the film.

In a way, I can respect them for recognizing a cashcow like Twilight when they see one, and realizing that it could potentially get them noticed. I've never seen Pattinson in anything (I haven't seen the Twilight movie, 'cause the hype was annoying, and it didn't look that interesting to be honest), but I've seen Kristen Stewart act, and she is good when she's really trying.

I also can't help but wonder if this is somewhat about publicity as well. Though some might say it would be bad to piss off what is, at this moment, essentially her fanbase, it still grabs attention. As they say, "No publicity is bad publicity".

I had proof LONG ago.
Quote:

Nov. 21, 2008

Kristen Stewart who plays Bella in the new 'Twilight' movie does not appreciate the excitement from the book's fans calling them "retarded."

In an interview with MSN, Stewart spoke of being trailed by fans as she went from place to place promoting the new vampire movie saying she "kept her head down the entire way."

"I just didn't pay attention," said Stewart. "I was like, 'You guys are celebrating something that has not come true yet. So, you are really retarded and have nothing to do with this creative process and I really don't want to hear you celebrate in front of me. Get out of here! It's my responsibility!'"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff