Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Lunatic

pinklizzy101
Fueled by Cake
pinklizzy101
But black is a race........ sweatdrop
she means as far as a black person could be African, Indian, or just dark skinned....

Oh... Ok. Makes more sense now it's not 2am. sweatdrop
HAHA understandable! cat_3nodding

Unbeatable Tycoon

Fueled by Cake
If someone says " I love black people" ....does that make them racist?

Depends on when and what content that sentence is used.

Unbeatable Tycoon

das madchen

no, i don't think so.
they just do.
black isn't a race, so no harm done.

Read my previous post about the statement and F.Y.I. some people do identify as black for various reasons.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
It reads as a very racist comment to me.

I had an bro in-law who was ALWAYS saying that.

"I love black people"

I didn't know him to have any black friends, but then again... there weren't many black families in the area in which we lived.

One day while hanging out with him and he made that comment again. I finally asked why.

He said "i just love black people, I think everyone should own one" eek

Feral Lunatic

stormylane

"I love black people"

I didn't know him to have any black friends, but then again... there weren't many black families in the area in which we lived.

One day while hanging out with him and he made that comment again. I finally asked why.

well then that makes HIM racist....I love black people because it was the ethnicity on subject....if it happened to be any other I would have said i love [...] people. But since I said "black" people...she said I sounded racist....racist is saying the OPPOSITE and NEGATIVE things about people of dark skin....some people are telling me "depends" on the context....the context should be OBVIOUS no? if I LOOOVE black people would not be bad...

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Fueled by Cake
stormylane

"I love black people"

well then that makes HIM racist....I love black people because it was the ethnicity on subject....if it happened to be any other I would have said i love [...] people. But since I said "black" people...she said I sounded racist....racist is saying the OPPOSITE and NEGATIVE things about people of dark skin....some people are telling me "depends" on the context....the context should be OBVIOUS no? if I LOOOVE black people would not be bad...

No, the context is not obvious.

You could be implying "i love black people and hate everyone else"
I generally think it's pretty silly to make a claim that one loves all people of any race.
Not all people are lovable.

If it's the culture one loves then that would make sense.
But saying one loves all black people almost sounds like your overcompensating for something.

I love some black people.
SOME.
Those that I know & those who are good people who are decent human beings even if I don't know them.
But I do not love black gangsters, drug users, wife beaters, child molesters, rappers who promote the gangsta lifestyle, thieves..........

But then again I love white people.
SOME.
Those that I know & those who are good people who are decent human beings even if I don't know them.
But I do not love white gangsters, drug users, wife beaters, child molesters, rappers who promote the gangsta lifestyle, thieves..........

I dunno, I was tempted to reply to your thread with a simple "i love white people" as an experiment.
I was wondering if people would assume by saying "I love white people" that I didn't love any black people.

Anyway, you don't intend it as a racist statement & really... that's all that matters.
People will pick apart other peoples beliefs, opinions & statements simply because they are LOOKING for a fight.
You know your not a racist & that is the only thing that matters. heart

Wheezing Raider

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Eh... i say it's racist, but I use the term loosely. Racism to me, means lumping a race of people all in with one another. It's more of a neutral thing in my belief, but it's often used in a bad way.. such as someone saying "I hate all x race." it's not often used to say good things. Racism is also a state of mind.. it's stereotyping people. I dunno, essentially I don't think racism - lumping people together - is the worst thing in the world... it's more the negativity that it goes along with. ...I don't mind people saying they love me, in generalizing statements... lol I think of them as a friend, or at least someone less likely to push my buttons..

Questionable Borg

Fueled by Cake
If someone says " I love black people" ....does that make them racist?
No, just by the nature of it, it would make them non-racist, unless of course they said it with sarcasm.

Questionable Borg

das madchen

no, i don't think so.
they just do.
black isn't a race, so no harm done.
No, but African-American is, and black just rolls of the tounge more nicely.

Questionable Borg

pinklizzy101
But black is a race........ sweatdrop
No, African-American is a race. Black is a term used to describe African-Americans.

Questionable Borg

Gegaish
Eh... i say it's racist, but I use the term loosely. Racism to me, means lumping a race of people all in with one another. It's more of a neutral thing in my belief, but it's often used in a bad way.. such as someone saying "I hate all x race." it's not often used to say good things. Racism is also a state of mind.. it's stereotyping people. I dunno, essentially I don't think racism - lumping people together - is the worst thing in the world... it's more the negativity that it goes along with. ...I don't mind people saying they love me, in generalizing statements... lol I think of them as a friend, or at least someone less likely to push my buttons..
-means lumping a race of people all in with one another.

That's not what racism is at all.

Wheezing Raider

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Mayor Gravity
Gegaish

What does racism mean to you?

Questionable Borg

Gegaish
Mayor Gravity
Gegaish

What does racism mean to you?
It means what is, disliking a certain group of people because they're a different race.

Wheezing Raider

6,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Mayor Gravity
It means what is, disliking a certain group of people because they're a different race.

So that's the technical? Does what I'm describing have a different word?

Questionable Borg

Gegaish
Mayor Gravity

So that's the technical? Does what I'm describing have a different word?
clique?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces