and where's our WET channel? blacks got their BET lol

O.G. Prophet

skullcrushergurl
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon
Shortest month of the year.
Subliminal messaging, amirite?

No, you're not.

It's racist because there's a black history month--for black people only.

Where's the White History Month?

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

There are only 12 months of the year, and there are more than 12 ethnicities. Only one ethnicity gets this month, no one else.

Why don't we make this Universal History Month?

Or else it's racist.

http://hispanicheritagemonth.gov/
here you go.you stupid piece of s**t.

Oh yeah, I'm stupid. Yet you can't capitalize, punctuate, or correlate the content of your post to the link you posted.

A 15 to a 15 isn't a month, it's a span of days.
rolleyes
Leonidas Alpha
Just asked my friend of Japanese descent over the phone if she knew that there was an Asian American history month. She said no.

So why the ******** is this all esoteric knowledge, but not Black History Month?

it's not my fault that the other months aren't celebrated in all the schools and other places. I know Asian American/Pacific Asian/SOMETHING Asian is in May and even Comcast celebrates it a little bit.

My point was that other ethnic groups DO have months though. Whether or not they get celebrated by everyone...eh, not my problem.

O.G. Prophet

sarahpoo1996
and where's our WET channel? blacks got their BET lol

See, this is where it gets to. The media. Since whites are the predominant ethnicity in America, they are basically just the average person. So they make it "special" to be black, asian, latino, etc.

Then suddenly, every show needs a black guy, or else it's not fair. But when you have a show without one white guy, it's perfectly fine.

Don't even get me started on the stereotypes. Media is filled with them--not in funny ways.

But as for the kids who make stereotypical jokes, I think they're funny. Because comedy is often used to address problems with the mindset of the masses. Just ask Voltaire or many of the other famous satirists from ancient times. For some reason, a bunch of idiots congregated and decided that any joke containing a stereotype is racist.

I'mma record this straight out of a dictionary, and not an online one:

racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Yeah, uh, sayin' that my fellow friends and I like collard greens and fried chicken is NOT racist. It's stereotypical. To say it as a joke would be funny to me. To show a restaurant on TV, with whites eating hamburgers, french fries, and chicken nuggets and then showing black people eating colesaw and drumsticks in a serious way as if it's normal and all we eat would be stereotypical as well--not racist. But it'd piss me off.

Why I thought Black History Month was racist is because it allows people of my race to flaunt off our champions and tale of black superiority. It's all in good fun, though, right?

Usually, I'd say yes, but then I realized out of all the TV I'd watched, almost all of it raised awareness for black history month. But when I listened for other months and such, no such comment.

All I hear through the mainstream media is BHM BHM. Not HHM, not WHM, not JHM.

So everyone pays attention to us when it's our month, but no one gives two shits about Jewish History Month.

I realized that there's obviously other months to celebrate the races of the world, but none of them get any significant coverage.

Anyone see where I come from?

9,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
token on south park is tha best xd

O.G. Prophet

xAliceJae
Leonidas Alpha
Just asked my friend of Japanese descent over the phone if she knew that there was an Asian American history month. She said no.

So why the ******** is this all esoteric knowledge, but not Black History Month?

it's not my fault that the other months aren't celebrated in all the schools and other places. I know Asian American/Pacific Asian/SOMETHING Asian is in May and even Comcast celebrates it a little bit.

My point was that other ethnic groups DO have months though. Whether or not they get celebrated by everyone...eh, not my problem.

I know that. It's just that they don't get equal coverage.

As for saying this in schools and s**t, that's ******** up.

Imagine:

Teacher: "Okay, class, today starts Asian History Month."

Mary Sue Lee: "I'm Asian American!"

Teacher: "Yes, you are!" *pat pat*

Mary Sue: "Is that a good thing?"

Teacher, not wanting to discourage her: "Why...why yes it is, Mary Sue!"

-Later, on the playground-

Mary Sue, Kanaka, and Hiro: "Ha-ha,! it's Asian History Month! Ashleigh's white, and we're Asian-American! We're cooler than you. We built the wall of China, made communism, and other stuff! What did you do?"

Ashleigh; "I don't kno-"

The gang: "Nothing! Ha ha! You did nothing cause you're only white!"

While I know this looks kinda hyperbolic and isolated, my point was that teaching about why a certain race is good to kids at a young age can lead to more racial tensions.

In fact, the Nazi's regularly had officials go and preach to schools in Italy and Germany about why the Arayan race was superior.

O.G. Prophet

ecopper12
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

There are only 12 months of the year, and there are more than 12 ethnicities. Only one ethnicity gets this month, no one else.

Or else it's racist.

Here's my line of thought:

Over the course of history, black people have had to endure probably more suffering in America than any other ethnicity. They were the ones that actually made a move to end segregation, and they succeeded.

They deserve a month.

Now, not saying the other ones DON'T deserve a month, but look at it this way:

We ARE a diverse country. If we give a month to everyone we can, it'd be a cluster ******** of pride and bigotry.

Just let Black History month be, and go on with your day. It's only racist if you make it, really.

I see what you mean. I do like the traditions in my family of telling the stories of John Henry and the likes. But everyone suffers equally. The Irish who emigrated to America, The Japanese who were forced into those concentration camps in California in the 40's and the other asians under suspicion during the Red Scare...

But I still see where you come from with the segregation part.

4,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
I personally agree not because it's the shortest month but that there is one. I'm not being racist I'm gonna be blunt. They get Martian Luther King jr day, one man made a speech about a dream, big deal, Rosa Parks stood up for herself against people with more power that her in a real life situation, I think that was more con-memorable than a speech. And no offence they shouldn't get a moth to celebrate.... what? what even is it about, freedom? the entire USA only takes one day for that, other countries have their own freedom day. I think this entire race thing is just over rated. It's dumb. If you want to be treated like everyone else then you don't get special perks. 'Your saying this because you hate blacks.' I know the comment is going to be said about this and to them I reply this, no I hate people who think they matter more than any other life on this earth, I hate people who are so self centered around themselves they believe they are entitled to everything for what they have suffered.

O.G. Prophet

LadyShar
I personally agree not because it's the shortest month but that there is one. I'm not being racist I'm gonna be blunt. They get Martian Luther King jr day, one man made a speech about a dream, big deal, Rosa Parks stood up for herself against people with more power that her in a real life situation, I think that was more con-memorable than a speech. And no offence they shouldn't get a moth to celebrate.... what? what even is it about, freedom? the entire USA only takes one day for that, other countries have their own freedom day. I think this entire race thing is just over rated. It's dumb. If you want to be treated like everyone else then you don't get special perks. 'Your saying this because you hate blacks.' I know the comment is going to be said about this and to them I reply this, no I hate people who think they matter more than any other life on this earth, I hate people who are so self centered around themselves they believe they are entitled to everything for what they have suffered.

For what WHO suffered?

All of the African Americans that had been enslaved are dead now.
Most of the blacks that were segregated are dead now.

Most of the us alive today haven't suffered s**t.

As for your paragraph, there are other months and the likes for other races. They just don't get the publicity.

4,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
Leonidas Alpha
LadyShar

For what WHO suffered?

All of the African Americans that had been enslaved are dead now.
Most of the blacks that were segregated are dead now.

Most of the us alive today haven't suffered s**t.

As for your paragraph, there are other months and the likes for other races. They just don't get the publicity.

I was talking the race as a general, because thats what they claim and thats the point i am trying to make. everyone at some point in their life has suffered, at some point every race had it's fight to where it is now.

I still say no race should get a month. none at all. There are not enough months for each to have it's own so I say to hell with it all.

it seems you missed most of what I was saying.

Super Businesswoman

7,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
why you put fake prize sad

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

Or else it's racist.
Since you spend about I'd say half of your time bitching on the internet. Why not take the time and look it up. There are actual history celebrated for another ethinic. Stop whining and look it up.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
mad

I was seriously about to make that joke. You stole it, you son of a b***h.

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
ive heard that its because martan luther king and president lincoln have a birthday in this moth and its to honor them but i dont know or really care at this point because black hisstory has been the same speaches and complaints year after year.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff