Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Prophet

Dont_Fear_the_Reefer
mad

I was seriously about to make that joke. You stole it, you son of a b***h.

I'm sorry.
How about I credit you in the OP?
emotion_c8
Go ahead, look.
I did it.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Leonidas Alpha
skullcrushergurl
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon
Shortest month of the year.
Subliminal messaging, amirite?

No, you're not.

It's racist because there's a black history month--for black people only.

Where's the White History Month?

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

There are only 12 months of the year, and there are more than 12 ethnicities. Only one ethnicity gets this month, no one else.

Why don't we make this Universal History Month?

Or else it's racist.

http://hispanicheritagemonth.gov/
here you go.you stupid piece of s**t.

Oh yeah, I'm stupid. Yet you can't capitalize, punctuate, or correlate the content of your post to the link you posted.

A 15 to a 15 isn't a month, it's a span of days.
rolleyes

You're sure as hell stupid enough not to know that 15th of one month to the 15th of another is a month. How the hell can you complain about the lack of other ethnicity having a special month and you don't even ******** know? Do some research before you make dumb comments.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
See, my thing is why February? It's Black Ice month in the Northeast. Everything freezes! You can't really celebrate Black History Month with a good barbeque. It's too darn cold! gonk

Was this their way of making us stay inside and read?

I'm sad now.... sad

O.G. Prophet

skullcrushergurl
Leonidas Alpha
skullcrushergurl
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

There are only 12 months of the year, and there are more than 12 ethnicities. Only one ethnicity gets this month, no one else.

Or else it's racist.

http://hispanicheritagemonth.gov/
here you go.you stupid piece of s**t.

Oh yeah, I'm stupid. Yet you can't capitalize, punctuate, or correlate the content of your post to the link you posted.

A 15 to a 15 isn't a month, it's a span of days.
rolleyes

You're sure as hell stupid enough not to know that 15th of one month to the 15th of another is a month. How the hell can you complain about the lack of other ethnicity having a special month and you don't even ******** know? Do some research before you make dumb comments.

I know it equals one month, but it's not actually a month, it's portions of two months.

as for the rest of your post, you can't even ******** read my previous posts to see if I explained myself.

Do some reading before you make dumb posts.

O.G. Prophet

Kurosawa Yami
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

Or else it's racist.
Since you spend about I'd say half of your time bitching on the internet. Why not take the time and look it up. There are actual history celebrated for another ethinic. Stop whining and look it up.

Why don't YOU read the ******** page you posted this comment on?

I know there are others. But---

You know what? Never mind, ******** it!

I'm not gonna repeat what I have already stated.

Just go read what I posted on Page 2.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Leonidas Alpha
LadyShar
I personally agree not because it's the shortest month but that there is one. I'm not being racist I'm gonna be blunt. They get Martian Luther King jr day, one man made a speech about a dream, big deal, Rosa Parks stood up for herself against people with more power that her in a real life situation, I think that was more con-memorable than a speech. And no offence they shouldn't get a moth to celebrate.... what? what even is it about, freedom? the entire USA only takes one day for that, other countries have their own freedom day. I think this entire race thing is just over rated. It's dumb. If you want to be treated like everyone else then you don't get special perks. 'Your saying this because you hate blacks.' I know the comment is going to be said about this and to them I reply this, no I hate people who think they matter more than any other life on this earth, I hate people who are so self centered around themselves they believe they are entitled to everything for what they have suffered.

For what WHO suffered?

All of the African Americans that had been enslaved are dead now.
Most of the blacks that were segregated are dead now.

Most of the us alive today haven't suffered s**t.

As for your paragraph, there are other months and the likes for other races. They just don't get the publicity.

My mom suffered from segregation and she's still alive.

The reason why it's still up is because it's not taught as regular US History curriculum on any other given day in any given school unless it's specialized.

Reminding people of the struggles our ancestors went through and how important some of them became internationally is something we need to understand. It does bother me to see people say "um ok, he did that. Fine whatever." I see it as brushing off a message we should be remembering and a better tomorrow to be aiming for.

I don't discredit Black History Month, there were many people who made that list. I remember having the flash card set and these comics. It wasn't used as propaganda, but used to make sure we understand that they hold a very relevant place in our history as equals to those who once enslaved them. Heck I still remember how my jaw dropped the first time I learned of Benjamin Banneker and that he was the one who designed Washington D.C. It just stuck.

Paying attention to either the result or what they were aiming for us to understand is the most important thing to take from this.

However, if they still had this in like the warmer months, there would be some yummy steaks being grilled! *drools* Unfortunately there's June-teenth.....

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Leonidas Alpha

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

O.G. Prophet

Catalyste
Leonidas Alpha
LadyShar
I personally agree not because it's the shortest month but that there is one. I'm not being racist I'm gonna be blunt. They get Martian Luther King jr day, one man made a speech about a dream, big deal, Rosa Parks stood up for herself against people with more power that her in a real life situation, I think that was more con-memorable than a speech. And no offence they shouldn't get a moth to celebrate.... what? what even is it about, freedom? the entire USA only takes one day for that, other countries have their own freedom day. I think this entire race thing is just over rated. It's dumb. If you want to be treated like everyone else then you don't get special perks. 'Your saying this because you hate blacks.' I know the comment is going to be said about this and to them I reply this, no I hate people who think they matter more than any other life on this earth, I hate people who are so self centered around themselves they believe they are entitled to everything for what they have suffered.

For what WHO suffered?

All of the African Americans that had been enslaved are dead now.
Most of the blacks that were segregated are dead now.

Most of the us alive today haven't suffered s**t.

As for your paragraph, there are other months and the likes for other races. They just don't get the publicity.

My mom suffered from segregation and she's still alive.

The reason why it's still up is because it's not taught as regular US History curriculum on any other given day in any given school unless it's specialized.

Reminding people of the struggles our ancestors went through and how important some of them became internationally is something we need to understand. It does bother me to see people say "um ok, he did that. Fine whatever." I see it as brushing off a message we should be remembering and a better tomorrow to be aiming for.

I don't discredit Black History Month, there were many people who made that list. I remember having the flash card set and these comics. It wasn't used as propaganda, but used to make sure we understand that they hold a very relevant place in our history as equals to those who once enslaved them. Heck I still remember how my jaw dropped the first time I learned of Benjamin Banneker and that he was the one who designed Washington D.C. It just stuck.

Paying attention to either the result or what they were aiming for us to understand is the most important thing to take from this.

However, if they still had this in like the warmer months, there would be some yummy steaks being grilled! *drools* Unfortunately there's June-teenth.....

But all of this s**t is just normal in American History. In fact, our friend Benji here made it to three test questions on a major test I had last quarter...

What, you think we only study whities in history? Definitely not.

Wealthy Genius

6,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The month wasn't made for every race. It was made to remember the struggles of African Americans.
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

Or else it's racist.

O.G. Prophet

Forever Spark
The month wasn't made for every race. It was made to remember the struggles of African Americans.
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

Or else it's racist.

You can't even correlate to the message I was trying to convey.

I KNOW IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE, THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED WHAT IT IS.

Read ******** Page 2, you dolt.

Wealthy Genius

6,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Maybe you're the dolt if you don't understand what it means then jackass.
Forever Spark
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon

No, you're not.

Irish History Month?

Jewish History Month?

Latino History Month?

Or else it's racist.

Witty Tycoon

Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon
Just because you have no knowledge of the other months doesn't mean they don't exist. That is still the lamest argument I see. Boo hoo there is no white history month. White people do have their own history months, lots of them. They just have tricky names, like March, April, May and so on.

O.G. Prophet

Final Lucius
Leonidas Alpha
Double-O-Devon
Just because you have no knowledge of the other months doesn't mean they don't exist. That is still the lamest argument I see. Boo hoo there is no white history month. White people do have their own history months, lots of them. They just have tricky names, like March, April, May and so on.

If you're not gonna read the entirety of my posts, one of which already has retorted a similar comment to the bigoted piece of s**t you typed in your post, then get the ******** out.

Witty Tycoon

Leonidas Alpha
But here's is my real answer. I posted this in another thread somewhere but I sense there are so many 'tards such as yourself.

There is no such thing as white history. There is no shared experience across all white people....or shared origin or language.

You might have Irish history or German history.....but those groups are generally assimilated into American society pretty seamlessly.

The same can't be said for Black History. The effects of 100's of years of slavery are still being felt today. Note that 100 of those slave years were under our current Constitution and Bill of Rights (not to mention another 100 under repressive laws...without civil rights).

And no, I don't need to read you entire post. I can tell how ignorant you are from a few sentences

Shirtless Powerhouse

LadyShar

Right, of course. Martin Luther King, jr. didn't do ANYTHING but make one speech. Why don't you go ******** learn about the man? He organized rallies, protests, drove the damn campaign for civil rights! He wasn't assassinated because of a ******** speech, he was assassinated because someone wasn't happy that his nonviolent forms of protest were working, and that he had almost gotten an amendment to the constitution made by the time he died. And it still went through!

MLK damn well deserves the recognition he gets. And the fact that you don't KNOW that is just proof that we DO need a Black History Month so people like you will actually ******** learn something.

We don't have a Black History Month to make up for suffering. We don't have a Black History Month because people demanded it.

We have a Black History Month so that we can dedicate a month to teaching it, which is important. Having a "general ethnic history" month wouldn't work, there's too damn much of it. Learning general history takes three whole semesters if you go at a quick college-level pace. You compartmentalize so you can learn more. That's why you don't learn European history and American history in the same class.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff