Nyx, God of the Night 0.53846153846154 53.8% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 39 ]

Anxious Fatcat

9,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Neon Graffiti

Who knew a house floating on the water could make someone with such a fearsome brow want to turn tail and run, but Dorian made little effort to object, exhaustion and the casual closeness he and Eve shared enough to get him through the door without a fuss.

Eve held the pack of ice to his cheek, wincing at the cold pressure. “Thank you.” Eve said quietly. He and Dorian were nestled on the couch of Fortuna’s quiet retreat - It being the first bit of rest they'd gotten all day.

"Well." Eve hesitated. If Fortuna was a Moerae like Dorian said, she must have heard the gossip. Dorian’s thumb rubbed once, twice over the knuckles of his free hand. Eve cleared his throat “Nyx’s return is having worse effects then we thought. Our bonds to the Aether are becoming frayed.” he said, glancing at Dorian. Dorian's shoulder had stopped bleeding, but the healing was slow. Much slower than it should be. “We hoped a trip here could get us allies, but… it might be better if we go back home. Fix what we have there."

"We can't go back without something." Dorian said solemnly, his hand absently tangled in the loose strands of Eve's hair. Their entire community was made up of shifters, magic people who relied on the well of energy the Aether provided and the guidance of the spirits. The Moon, the catalyst and point of worship of just a few, now left so many of them sick.

[ I'm gunna weep happy tears, Neon. We finally have plot ;; ]

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
(( Ok I am officially lost now .. I tried to role play but noone even bothered to reply to me ))

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
mrscatlady
(( Ok I am officially lost now .. I tried to role play but noone even bothered to reply to me ))
((We're coming! Us vets are just a little busy offline. We got jobs and college and stuff to tend to, and we can't always get around to things right away. Life comes first, always. Especially with the holidays just around the corner!

But we've certainly noticed, and we'll be around. =) Apologies that we're so slow, it's not something that can be helped. Life really gets in the way more often than not. We post towards the plot because we take a lot of time between posts to think about the responses and coordinate with each other, which is why they're usually good posts that synch up really well! We just haven't had time to come around to your side of things just yet.

If no one else does, I'll see what I can do to type up a fitting recruiter. I'll even make a new character for it if needed. But that post can't be right this second, maybe tonight or sometime this week failing that.

Edit: Spoke to neon, he said he'll have something for you. If he doesn't get around to it, I've got my own post prepared, so we've gotcha covered when we get time! =) ))

Omnipresent Shade

13,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk

Mel Reynolds

[ Isle de Gambino - Marketplace ]

Lee chuckled confidently, more than prepared to meet Mel's challenge with an entire can of whoop-sauce. "All right, you just hang tight there, matey. Daddy's gotta give this little lady a spanking," The gangster said, crunching his knuckles in anticipation.
"Not all of them," He said, in response to Mel's words about the Guardians' failure. "Not all of them failed. So stop talking at me like you know me!" Lee was letting his rage spill over, but Jesse managed to put it out with marks of curiosity.
"Hey, who you gonna believe? Some deserter? Or...?" Wanting to say "me", Lee caught himself in a contradiction. "Well," he muttered. "That shouldn't matter! What ever happened to setting the Gambino pirates straight, huh? Does this 'Fang' guy really mean anything to you?" Lee was lost. He did chew over the prospect of reviving the old pirate royalty, since without them the sea rogues had run rampant without purpose or organization, and that, in turn, was bad for their business. Professional smugglers only came in handfuls, and he didn't need any more of Kallias' nagging about the failing market.

::Jessie looked around at both Mel then Jo. He then looked over to Lee again and sighed. There was a lot going on. He was wondering if the girls would need his help. Getting the pirates under control was a major thing. Jessie had no idea how to get them under control. Truth me told, he had no idea how to get Fang out either.::

"Listen ladies, do ye nee' me to ge' Fan' ou' of there?"

::If he could have them go get Fang, and bring him back. That may get him to understand more of what was going on here, so that he can form a proper plan with Fang.::

"I'm no' sure of how to disenchan' wha' ever i' was tha' brough' him to the state he be in. I may no' be o' help."

::He let out another sigh.::

"Fan', Lumie, Ryu woul' be a major help to our cause."

::Just then he realized something. His first mate, though lost was certainly not dead. The fellow Dark Elf he knew would know plenty of what to do. He needed his friend more then ever now. And Palin seemed to show up at the oddest of times. Palin could possibly disenchant Fangs spell, and bring him back, while Jessie gathered information of the Pirates inhabiting the island.::

"I also no someone who coul' possibly help ou' alo'. He be an ol' frien' o' mine. More like a brother so to speak."

::A warm smile grew across Jessie's lips. One that was more genuine then any other smirk or smile he had since his return.::

( Here you go, Jesse! It was this Lee post. c:
And no Luna, no more! I don't think I can stand your poor RPC get psychologically and physically tortured like this! xD No but honestly, if there's any more of this plot left to flesh out, feel free! You certainly are catching us up with what's been going on with Luna since you were gone. )

((Thank you Neon! Had a lot to do this weekend, two conventions. youtube video for my fan page and man was it a lot of stuff lol))

"Listen mate, I know Mel, deserter or no', I never me' ye before. I have no clue wha' I have been missin'. Besides, Fan' is one o' the Pirate Lords!"

::Jessie sighed. If Mel was the enemy now that was a bit of a downer. Then again Jessie had been searching for a lady for years at this point. He always hated it when he was on the opposite side of a lass. He'd either fall for their feminine smiles, or he would just stop doing what ever it was he was doing to avoid such situations as the one he was currently in.::

"With Fangs help, I may be able to ge' some o' this pirates under control."

::He sighed looking over to Mel. Then back to Lee.::

"Aye I admi' however, I do no' need the Fangs help, bu' two Pirate Lords, are better then one."

::He looked back over to Mel.::

"Do ye have any proof abou' Fang luv? I have missed a lo' to go on everyone's words now a days."

::He felt terrible for saying it. But he had to. Jessie had to know exactly what was going on. He was a Dark Elf, coming from a race of betrayers it was easy to feel as if someone had betrayed him. Even if they didn't.::

As much as Lee hated to admit, Jesse did have a point. He could offer his and his family's services till he was blue in the face, but they would be foolish to challenge the pirates, even with Fortuna; in the end, however powerful they were in the past, they were merely thieves now.
"Oh great. And lemme guess," Lee rolled his eyes at Jo. "You know just where he is, don't you? Man, my luck never ends..." He massaged his brow, certainly stressing, but folded under all their prying.
"Rumor says," Lee said, clearing his throat, "That he did it intentionally." Before Jesse could ogle Lee with any sort of suspicion, the gangster put up his hands defensively (which was rare). "Hey, you didn't hear it from me. You work around the Marketplace long enough, you start to hear things." Lee informed. "But if you really think the abominable snowman can help you, be my guest, Hawk. But I dunno." The man looked elsewhere, conflicted. "I'm not sure I should be leaving the island right now. I think they need me more than you guys will."
Lee didn't need to explain the ominous aura that was besetting the island. Everyone, magically touched or not, could feel its stirring stagnance in the air. And it seemed, with every passing day, the night grew longer and more reluctant to give way to morning. The moon spelled a deadly glimmer that, if stared at for too long, could end in lunacy.

::Jessie sighed for a second. He knew where this was going. Lee and the others were in need of major help. Jessie could possible gather these people together. Another pirate lord would help the cause greatly. There was no way to be certain however.::

"Are ye ladies sure, tha' Fan' can come ou' o' tha' enchantmen'?"

::He shook his head.::

"I can' be sure tha' I'll be able to break i'."

::Jessie looked down thinking.::

"Havin' no' only Fan', bu' Lumie as well as Ryu woul' be a grea' help to our cause. Even Osiris."

::At the mention of one of his former mates, Jessie remembered an old friend.::

"However I know someone Lee tha' may be able to help us. He also seems to come a' jus' the righ' times mate. He has always been there fer me. He be a brother to me."

::Jessie remembered his First Mate Palin. A Dark Elf as he was. Jessie and he had been the first two mates to start up his crew. He was a good man for the job of first mate. He was a great sparing partner, but he excelled in magic. He would know just how to break an enchantment with ease. Palin always showed up when Jessie needed him the most. He began to think hard about his friend and hope for him to show.::

"Blast it all Sven would you...I SAID WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING YOU TWICE DAMNED FOOL! YOUR GOING TO DROP THAT ON SOMEONE!"

*The cry from above was notable...in and as much as any raised voice in close proximity to others is noticeable in a crowded area such as a market street. Above upon the rooftop the young man...really more a wisp of a boy if truth were to be told, staggered and stumbled to a halt. Brown many times mended working clothes stained and spattered with the dark paint that sloshed and rocked within the heavy bucket that hung gripped in both of the lads skinny hands as his eyes lifted to find the owner of the voice, grey and mouse shy peeping out from below the paint spattered mop of brown hair the lad's lip pooched out in what could only have been a petulant pout of a youngster who feels he has been unfairly accused.

The owner of the shout, a rather paunchy fellow, face red with frustration beneath the dark stubble of a working mans scruff raised a thick fingered hand pointing at the boy with as he continued his tirade* "Ye' keep walking close to the edge like that slinging that bucket back and forth and ye'r goin' to drop it on some poor fellow below and then what kin' a trouble do ye' think yer gonn'a bring down on m' head!? Ye, hair brain'd useless lump!" *He continued to shout and the young land opened his mouth to perhaps shout a retort back even as he slung a hand in frustration however that shout became a wail of dismay as the heavy bucket slipped from his fingers tumbling, just as the man had said...down towards the street below*

The bucket itself, by divine province or perhaps just dumb luck, struck no one. What it did do was near explode as it struck the street tiles near the two conversing men with a sound much like a miniature grenade going off. The metal cracked and paint splattered everywhere in a dark outward flare spattering some of the unlucky passers by though leaving both men untouched, another tiny miracle in and of itself. While above the sound of a young boy being punished for his carelessness echoed down into the street others gathered around looking at the epicenter the paint buckets landing. Rather than the random splatter and pool one might have well expected for such things are only to be expected in a world governed by the laws of reason and order the splatter had formed a pattern. From the bucket itself eight lines spread in spattered but relive straightness out in all directions, much like the points of a compass the spreading pool of paint forming a large round dot in the center, a symbol indeed and one of import for those who knew it's meaning. An act of providence perhaps indeed...or maybe a message for those who understood be that as it was it was certainly an oddity*

Omnipresent Shade

13,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
OOC

(By the By everyone hello, good to see some old friends again ^^)
X_Sparkie_X
Neon Graffiti

Who knew a house floating on the water could make someone with such a fearsome brow want to turn tail and run, but Dorian made little effort to object, exhaustion and the casual closeness he and Eve shared enough to get him through the door without a fuss.

Eve held the pack of ice to his cheek, wincing at the cold pressure. “Thank you.” Eve said quietly. He and Dorian were nestled on the couch of Fortuna’s quiet retreat - It being the first bit of rest they'd gotten all day.

"Well." Eve hesitated. If Fortuna was a Moerae like Dorian said, she must have heard the gossip. Dorian’s thumb rubbed once, twice over the knuckles of his free hand. Eve cleared his throat “Nyx’s return is having worse effects then we thought. Our bonds to the Aether are becoming frayed.” he said, glancing at Dorian. Dorian's shoulder had stopped bleeding, but the healing was slow. Much slower than it should be. “We hoped a trip here could get us allies, but… it might be better if we go back home. Fix what we have there."

"We can't go back without something." Dorian said solemnly, his hand absently tangled in the loose strands of Eve's hair. Their entire community was made up of shifters, magic people who relied on the well of energy the Aether provided and the guidance of the spirits. The Moon, the catalyst and point of worship of just a few, now left so many of them sick.

[ I'm gunna weep happy tears, Neon. We finally have plot ;; ]

[ Isle de Gambino - Moerae Houseboat ]

Not far off, Fortuna was preparing her guests their favorite meal. She didn't know what their favorite meal was, nor did she ask; a eerily accurate hunch would guide her decisions, and by sheer good luck, she would have presented them each with strangely precise hospitality.
Any other person on the island would have gave Eve the stupidest of looks, but Fortuna knew just what he was referring to. "And some herbal tea, to quell that seasick belly of yours," She eased the cup over to Dorian, before resting her bum on the rug opposite to the coffee table. She tried to fake a smile in wake of Eve's explanation, but was fast robbed of any falseness in front of them.
"So it's that bad, huh...?" Fortuna frowned, staring into the face of her tea. "I'm sorry you had to see all this. If it's bad here, I can only imagine what it's like for those who reside closest to the moon. Our beloved Mother Earth is sick - this encroaching darkness is bleeding into her children, causing all this strife... and if it continues, soon, she too will be poisoned." As she spoke, she began to pull apart the buttons on her blouse, likely rousing any curious eyes. But what the boys saw would only disturb - the dark discolor staining the goddess' otherwise freckled skin.
"To be honest, my family was the first to suffer... for we too, are also children of the dark god." Eve and Dorian could now see the goddess' fatigue. They too would spot the rough outline of three divine figures grafted into her left shoulder blade. "My family was blessed by the Fates, while they themselves derive their power from their creator..." She bit back her words, but they knew who she was referring to.

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PalinDarkSword
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti

Lee chuckled confidently, more than prepared to meet Mel's challenge with an entire can of whoop-sauce. "All right, you just hang tight there, matey. Daddy's gotta give this little lady a spanking," The gangster said, crunching his knuckles in anticipation.
"Not all of them," He said, in response to Mel's words about the Guardians' failure. "Not all of them failed. So stop talking at me like you know me!" Lee was letting his rage spill over, but Jesse managed to put it out with marks of curiosity.
"Hey, who you gonna believe? Some deserter? Or...?" Wanting to say "me", Lee caught himself in a contradiction. "Well," he muttered. "That shouldn't matter! What ever happened to setting the Gambino pirates straight, huh? Does this 'Fang' guy really mean anything to you?" Lee was lost. He did chew over the prospect of reviving the old pirate royalty, since without them the sea rogues had run rampant without purpose or organization, and that, in turn, was bad for their business. Professional smugglers only came in handfuls, and he didn't need any more of Kallias' nagging about the failing market.

::Jessie looked around at both Mel then Jo. He then looked over to Lee again and sighed. There was a lot going on. He was wondering if the girls would need his help. Getting the pirates under control was a major thing. Jessie had no idea how to get them under control. Truth me told, he had no idea how to get Fang out either.::

::If he could have them go get Fang, and bring him back. That may get him to understand more of what was going on here, so that he can form a proper plan with Fang.::

"I'm no' sure of how to disenchan' wha' ever i' was tha' brough' him to the state he be in. I may no' be o' help."

::Just then he realized something. His first mate, though lost was certainly not dead. The fellow Dark Elf he knew would know plenty of what to do. He needed his friend more then ever now. And Palin seemed to show up at the oddest of times. Palin could possibly disenchant Fangs spell, and bring him back, while Jessie gathered information of the Pirates inhabiting the island.::

"I also no someone who coul' possibly help ou' alo'. He be an ol' frien' o' mine. More like a brother so to speak."

::A warm smile grew across Jessie's lips. One that was more genuine then any other smirk or smile he had since his return.::

And no Luna, no more! I don't think I can stand your poor RPC get psychologically and physically tortured like this! xD No but honestly, if there's any more of this plot left to flesh out, feel free! You certainly are catching us up with what's been going on with Luna since you were gone. )

((Thank you Neon! Had a lot to do this weekend, two conventions. youtube video for my fan page and man was it a lot of stuff lol))

"Listen mate, I know Mel, deserter or no', I never me' ye before. I have no clue wha' I have been missin'. Besides, Fan' is one o' the Pirate Lords!"

::Jessie sighed. If Mel was the enemy now that was a bit of a downer. Then again Jessie had been searching for a lady for years at this point. He always hated it when he was on the opposite side of a lass. He'd either fall for their feminine smiles, or he would just stop doing what ever it was he was doing to avoid such situations as the one he was currently in.::

"Aye I admi' however, I do no' need the Fangs help, bu' two Pirate Lords, are better then one."

"Do ye have any proof abou' Fang luv? I have missed a lo' to go on everyone's words now a days."

::He felt terrible for saying it. But he had to. Jessie had to know exactly what was going on. He was a Dark Elf, coming from a race of betrayers it was easy to feel as if someone had betrayed him. Even if they didn't.::

As much as Lee hated to admit, Jesse did have a point. He could offer his and his family's services till he was blue in the face, but they would be foolish to challenge the pirates, even with Fortuna; in the end, however powerful they were in the past, they were merely thieves now.
"Oh great. And lemme guess," Lee rolled his eyes at Jo. "You know just where he is, don't you? Man, my luck never ends..." He massaged his brow, certainly stressing, but folded under all their prying.
"Rumor says," Lee said, clearing his throat, "That he did it intentionally." Before Jesse could ogle Lee with any sort of suspicion, the gangster put up his hands defensively (which was rare). "Hey, you didn't hear it from me. You work around the Marketplace long enough, you start to hear things." Lee informed. "But if you really think the abominable snowman can help you, be my guest, Hawk. But I dunno." The man looked elsewhere, conflicted. "I'm not sure I should be leaving the island right now. I think they need me more than you guys will."
Lee didn't need to explain the ominous aura that was besetting the island. Everyone, magically touched or not, could feel its stirring stagnance in the air. And it seemed, with every passing day, the night grew longer and more reluctant to give way to morning. The moon spelled a deadly glimmer that, if stared at for too long, could end in lunacy.

::Jessie sighed for a second. He knew where this was going. Lee and the others were in need of major help. Jessie could possible gather these people together. Another pirate lord would help the cause greatly. There was no way to be certain however.::

"Havin' no' only Fan', bu' Lumie as well as Ryu woul' be a grea' help to our cause. Even Osiris."

"However I know someone Lee tha' may be able to help us. He also seems to come a' jus' the righ' times mate. He has always been there fer me. He be a brother to me."

::Jessie remembered his First Mate Palin. A Dark Elf as he was. Jessie and he had been the first two mates to start up his crew. He was a good man for the job of first mate. He was a great sparing partner, but he excelled in magic. He would know just how to break an enchantment with ease. Palin always showed up when Jessie needed him the most. He began to think hard about his friend and hope for him to show.::

"Blast it all Sven would you...I SAID WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING YOU TWICE DAMNED FOOL! YOUR GOING TO DROP THAT ON SOMEONE!"

*The cry from above was notable...in and as much as any raised voice in close proximity to others is noticeable in a crowded area such as a market street. Above upon the rooftop the young man...really more a wisp of a boy if truth were to be told, staggered and stumbled to a halt. Brown many times mended working clothes stained and spattered with the dark paint that sloshed and rocked within the heavy bucket that hung gripped in both of the lads skinny hands as his eyes lifted to find the owner of the voice, grey and mouse shy peeping out from below the paint spattered mop of brown hair the lad's lip pooched out in what could only have been a petulant pout of a youngster who feels he has been unfairly accused.

The owner of the shout, a rather paunchy fellow, face red with frustration beneath the dark stubble of a working mans scruff raised a thick fingered hand pointing at the boy with as he continued his tirade* "Ye' keep walking close to the edge like that slinging that bucket back and forth and ye'r goin' to drop it on some poor fellow below and then what kin' a trouble do ye' think yer gonn'a bring down on m' head!? Ye, hair brain'd useless lump!" *He continued to shout and the young land opened his mouth to perhaps shout a retort back even as he slung a hand in frustration however that shout became a wail of dismay as the heavy bucket slipped from his fingers tumbling, just as the man had said...down towards the street below*

The bucket itself, by divine province or perhaps just dumb luck, struck no one. What it did do was near explode as it struck the street tiles near the two conversing men with a sound much like a miniature grenade going off. The metal cracked and paint splattered everywhere in a dark outward flare spattering some of the unlucky passers by though leaving both men untouched, another tiny miracle in and of itself. While above the sound of a young boy being punished for his carelessness echoed down into the street others gathered around looking at the epicenter the paint buckets landing. Rather than the random splatter and pool one might have well expected for such things are only to be expected in a world governed by the laws of reason and order the splatter had formed a pattern. From the bucket itself eight lines spread in spattered but relive straightness out in all directions, much like the points of a compass the spreading pool of paint forming a large round dot in the center, a symbol indeed and one of import for those who knew it's meaning. An act of providence perhaps indeed...or maybe a message for those who understood be that as it was it was certainly an oddity*

::Jessie looked at Lee. He wasn't exactly sure what Lee was telling him to do. The young lad was full of life he thought. Yet Jessie honestly needed to know how bad it was. If it was ten young pirates keeping everyone at bay, he could deal with it himself. If the whole Isle was invaded, by many different crews, he would need a Pirate Lord, many of them at that. Lee however made mention of the others. Was it possible to get the alliance back in order? He wondered. When suddenly he heard a commotion. Just a ways from where he had been speaking to everyone.::

"Lee, hol' on fer a secon'. Somethin' seems to be, a miss mate."

::Hawk went on a head from the ladies, and Lee. Looking down at the pool to the eight pointed star on the ground. Jessie smirked, there was something about the symbol that screamed out his call had been heard.::

"Ussta Dalninuk."

::Jessie muttered under his breath. If his assumption was correct. Jessie could begin to work on everything here. Jo and Mel could bring back Fang, while Lee went to find Lumi and Ryu. It was a long shot. Still it was a shot. Splitting there forces up was a bad idea, however, it was an idea that would work. Having three more Pirate Lords come in while the rest of the Pirates were distracted by Hawk, might just be what they needed to bring back some order! Jessie's red hue's stared down at what was happening and awaited to find out what was coming.::

"Lee, ye may wish to join me, ye too Mel an' Jo!"

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PalinDarkSword
OOC

(By the By everyone hello, good to see some old friends again ^^)

('ello mate!)

Omnipresent Shade

13,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
Captain Jessie Hawk
PalinDarkSword
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti

::Jessie looked at Lee. He wasn't exactly sure what Lee was telling him to do. The young lad was full of life he thought. Yet Jessie honestly needed to know how bad it was. If it was ten young pirates keeping everyone at bay, he could deal with it himself. If the whole Isle was invaded, by many different crews, he would need a Pirate Lord, many of them at that. Lee however made mention of the others. Was it possible to get the alliance back in order? He wondered. When suddenly he heard a commotion. Just a ways from where he had been speaking to everyone.::

"Lee, hol' on fer a secon'. Somethin' seems to be, a miss mate."

::Hawk went on a head from the ladies, and Lee. Looking down at the pool to the eight pointed star on the ground. Jessie smirked, there was something about the symbol that screamed out his call had been heard.::

"Ussta Dalninuk."

::Jessie muttered under his breath. If his assumption was correct. Jessie could begin to work on everything here. Jo and Mel could bring back Fang, while Lee went to find Lumi and Ryu. It was a long shot. Still it was a shot. Splitting there forces up was a bad idea, however, it was an idea that would work. Having three more Pirate Lords come in while the rest of the Pirates were distracted by Hawk, might just be what they needed to bring back some order! Jessie's red hue's stared down at what was happening and awaited to find out what was coming.::

"Lee, ye may wish to join me, ye too Mel an' Jo!"

*A small crowd had already begun to gather milling about the oddly specific pattern. Fingers were pointed, whispers were being murmured and indeed more than a few eyes were turned by way of the distinctive person of Jessie himself. However the sky did not darken, the air did not crackle and pop with magic, no sudden disturbance within the fabric of what was preceded a hole torn into the fabric of reality to admit the black robed friend that the crimson eyed elf so sought. The wonder of the moment fast fading many of the people turned back, their own lives pressing back in muting the sharp exclamation of the moment into yet another small flash in the greater pan of each individuals life.So it was that none save Jessie might have seen the subtle change in what lay there fast drying upon the street.

Small, one might have easily missed the change had they not sharp eyes or even then had they not looked carefully. However within the lines of dark and sticky pigment there was movement, a small shift as though the wet mess were a thing alive and moving subtly as not to be noticed but movement it was. Once noticed it was hard not to see it, the paint clinging to itself and shifting forming, what after a moment or so of watching could only have been letters. For long moments the slow shift continued the letters small enough that one of lesser vision might have been forced to kneel down or at least squint to make out what message itself was being formed though by the time the paint had ceased it's motion the message was clear enough*

"Dos ul'kas Dalninuk...lu'Usstan inbal ngerhaus. Lac lu'dos orn ragar, alu rath ulu l'Kre'jin"

*Cryptic, but then again that had always been the mages way...never a strait answer at least not outside of private company. There were many things that could have been said for as to what it could have meant though one could be sure of something. Jessie had called, and against all of the odds...Palin Darksword had answered. Within the crowd a pair of eyes watched the elf, at first glance a pleasant blue green one would have started had they looked over long and seen the facade flicker as all illusions eventually must in some manner revealing the baleful crimson beneath...cast in shadow below the heavy cowl of a drawn hood those eyes regarded Jessie from the distance before their owner turned melting back into the flow of the crowd, his work was done the message delivered...it was to Hawk to figure it out for himself. Within the shade of the heavy cowl pale lips parted in a fanged smirk that would have set many to running in blind panic...things were going to be interesting again...very very interesting indeed*

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PalinDarkSword
Captain Jessie Hawk
PalinDarkSword
Captain Jessie Hawk
Neon Graffiti

*A small crowd had already begun to gather milling about the oddly specific pattern. Fingers were pointed, whispers were being murmured and indeed more than a few eyes were turned by way of the distinctive person of Jessie himself. However the sky did not darken, the air did not crackle and pop with magic, no sudden disturbance within the fabric of what was preceded a hole torn into the fabric of reality to admit the black robed friend that the crimson eyed elf so sought. The wonder of the moment fast fading many of the people turned back, their own lives pressing back in muting the sharp exclamation of the moment into yet another small flash in the greater pan of each individuals life.So it was that none save Jessie might have seen the subtle change in what lay there fast drying upon the street.

Small, one might have easily missed the change had they not sharp eyes or even then had they not looked carefully. However within the lines of dark and sticky pigment there was movement, a small shift as though the wet mess were a thing alive and moving subtly as not to be noticed but movement it was. Once noticed it was hard not to see it, the paint clinging to itself and shifting forming, what after a moment or so of watching could only have been letters. For long moments the slow shift continued the letters small enough that one of lesser vision might have been forced to kneel down or at least squint to make out what message itself was being formed though by the time the paint had ceased it's motion the message was clear enough*

"Dos ul'kas Dalninuk...lu'Usstan inbal ngerhaus. Lac lu'dos orn ragar, alu rath ulu l'Kre'jin"

*Cryptic, but then again that had always been the mages way...never a strait answer at least not outside of private company. There were many things that could have been said for as to what it could have meant though one could be sure of something. Jessie had called, and against all of the odds...Palin Darksword had answered. Within the crowd a pair of eyes watched the elf, at first glance a pleasant blue green one would have started had they looked over long and seen the facade flicker as all illusions eventually must in some manner revealing the baleful crimson beneath...cast in shadow below the heavy cowl of a drawn hood those eyes regarded Jessie from the distance before their owner turned melting back into the flow of the crowd, his work was done the message delivered...it was to Hawk to figure it out for himself. Within the shade of the heavy cowl pale lips parted in a fanged smirk that would have set many to running in blind panic...things were going to be interesting again...very very interesting indeed*

::Hawk stood there and read the language of his people. He noticed Sy and nodded. Reading quickly he translated what it meant in his mind, or rather his mind understood what it meant. He knew where he had to go. There may have been a shot.::

"Mr. Lee! I nee' ye to stay with me."

::Looking to the ladies, he smiled but looked a bit troubled.::

"Ladies, I will no' be able to join ye jus' ye' in savin' Captain Lunar, ye may wish to hea' ou' to secure the area so we can break his enchantmen' though."

::Jessie looked back at Sy and smirked.::

"Sy I no' be a man who can order ye aroun', bu' if ye coul' len' a han', woul' ye be able to join Mel, an' Jo in securin' Captain Fan' Lunar's frozen body? I'll be needin' our mutual mate in helpin' mel' away the ice so to speak. Any help ye can len' woul' be much apprciate'."

::After that Jessie looked over to Lee.::

"Lee I nee' ye to come with me fer now, I can no' le' ye fin' the other Pirate Lords with ou' knowin' if we have some more help on the way. Will ye accompany me to me ship?"

::Jessie waited to hear from his new friend.::

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Luna Vitesse

mrscatlady
Lily was new here and didnt know anyone so she just sat in the recruiters office and waited to see where she would be going . She had heard about this pirate and that they needed more crew there but had never seen him before either
[GMHQ - Recruiting office - Cobblepot's Office]
The recruiter walked into the office, scanning over a clipboard with roughly ten pages of small print attached to it. He was thin and gaunt, around the age of forty. He had light grey hair that was combed back, and short but straight beard that was well groomed. Dull green eyes peered out from above it. He was dressed in a uniform that screamed presentation over usefulness, adorned with badges and knee high boots. He was clearly not someone who went into the field anymore, but attended meetings and filled out the massive piles of paper work thrown his way.

From a distance, he looked humorless, emotionless, and perhaps even cruel like someone that would scrutinize and fuss over every detail and sentence people to weeks of hard labor for a single fault.

But he cracked a warm smile and that facade fell away quickly, and he suddenly looked like a kindly, tired old grampa as his prim and proper stance fell away into a slumped shoulders and a slow walk over to the desk. Clearly his leg had previously suffered some kind of damage. He looked like he might have needed a cane but was currently unaided. "So, Your records say you've had experience in military settings before. Hm." He looked thoughtfully at the page, before sitting down at the desk she was seated in front of. "I trust these records are accurate, but just the same, some light training might be a good start for you so that we can properly gauge your abilities before sending you headfirst into the field." He laid the clipboard down, turning his gaze over to her face. He looked her dead in the eyes as he was trained to do with everyone in casual cases. " Truthfully, We've not had a full blown war since the G-bot invasion a few years ago. We've mostly been tending to domestic disturbances. There's a hostile take over happening in Aekea right now and an uprising on the Gambino Isles. Providing your training runs go well, that is where your first duties will take place."

He pulled out something beneath the papers and slid it across the desk. It was an ID card with the name "Lily Rose" on it. "Report to the training grounds east of here, and ask for Sergeant Dawn Burnaby. Tell her your name and badge number, and that Cobblepot sent you. She'll get you set up, and she'll tend to your training. Any questions?" He smiled again, inviting questions.

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Slait
Luna Vitesse

mrscatlady
Lily was new here and didnt know anyone so she just sat in the recruiters office and waited to see where she would be going . She had heard about this pirate and that they needed more crew there but had never seen him before either
The recruiter walked into the office, scanning over a clipboard with roughly ten pages of small print attached to it. He was thin and gaunt, around the age of forty. He had light grey hair that was combed back, and short but straight beard that was well groomed. Dull green eyes peered out from above it. He was dressed in a uniform that screamed presentation over usefulness, adorned with badges and knee high boots. He was clearly not someone who went into the field anymore, but attended meetings and filled out the massive piles of paper work thrown his way.

From a distance, he looked humorless, emotionless, and perhaps even cruel like someone that would scrutinize and fuss over every detail and sentence people to weeks of hard labor for a single fault.

But he cracked a warm smile and that facade fell away quickly, and he suddenly looked like a kindly, tired old grampa as his prim and proper stance fell away into a slumped shoulders and a slow walk over to the desk. Clearly his leg had previously suffered some kind of damage. He looked like he might have needed a cane but was currently unaided. "So, Your records say you've had experience in military settings before. Hm." He looked thoughtfully at the page, before sitting down at the desk she was seated in front of. "I trust these records are accurate, but just the same, some light training might be a good start for you so that we can properly gauge your abilities before sending you headfirst into the field." He laid the clipboard down, turning his gaze over to her face. He looked her dead in the eyes as he was trained to do with everyone in casual cases. " Truthfully, We've not had a full blown war since the G-bot invasion a few years ago. We've mostly been tending to domestic disturbances. There's a hostile take over happening in Aekea right now and an uprising on the Gambino Isles. Providing your training runs go well, that is where your first duties will take place."

He pulled out something beneath the papers and slid it across the desk. It was an ID card with the name "Lily Rose" on it. "Report to the training grounds east of here, and ask for Sergeant Dawn Burnaby. Tell her your name and badge number, and that Cobblepot sent you. She'll get you set up, and she'll tend to your training. Any questions?" He smiled again, inviting questions.

She nodded her head as he spoke and hoped that this meant that she was one of them now. She was a little nervous and wanted to get things done . " Where is this person that I need to talk to ? " she politely asked him as she sat there listening to everything that he had to say to her.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
mrscatlady
Luna Vitesse
mrscatlady
Slait
Luna Vitesse

mrscatlady

She nodded her head as he spoke and hoped that this meant that she was one of them now. She was a little nervous and wanted to get things done . " Where is this person that I need to talk to ? " she politely asked him as she sat there listening to everything that he had to say to her.

He smiled again. "On second thought, I'll just escort you over there." He fumbled around under his desk and indeed produced a cane. It was a long metal stick with Johnny Gambino's head on the end. A gift for ten years of service. Or maybe it was twenty, he had forgotten.

((Annnnd... Cutting over to Luna. =p ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces