Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

arrow Aboard the Dauntless: Pyandonea

Cylas had already begun picking at his plate with the metal fork he'd been given while they waited for hers. Once she got it he thought for a moment,

"prolly back upstairs, the cool mornin air was jus right" he said motioning back towards the stairwell with his head. Taking a bite out of a nice piece of buttered toast as they walked he thought for a moment,

"hmm, I dunno, before everything changed I'd have said whiskey, or island rum... Now though any brown liquor will do, that clear shits for the birds..." he said chuckling a bit, he'd never liked clear liquor.

"How bout you love?" he asked as they made their way back up the steps and into the now rather bright and glistening sunlight. More people were up now, Dozer and his people were finishing up their food on deck and eventually began making their way towards the other ship, planning to finish the repairs.

He glanced over to the ship they'd found the day before, it was still very beaten but its new sails did give it the look of progress. He smiled nodding calmly to himself, reminding himself that eventually he'd be the one to lead that ship, though still under Lyger's flag. It didn't bother him much, the prospect of his own ship was more than enough to make him happy, as he was perfectly content with the situation as it was. Between that and Dae he wasn't sure how the day would get much better, the smile he wore just before he tried to kiss her had returned. Leaning up against the mast he ate over his plate, very much savoring the delicious food, thanking the gods for Bryce as he did every morning.

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

"Is it night or is it dae?"

Dal`enne Kitsum`a but I'll let your pretty face call me Dae
User Image

xxxxxDae walked along at his side and once they were on the top deck again, she squinted her eyes lightly, for the sun was very bright as it cascaded across the polished wooden boards of the ship. She saw the other people who were up. Once again they were all men that she tried to stay away from, but now that she had Cylas at her side, she wasn't as nervous as before.

xxxxxShe listened as he spoke of his favorite type of liquor and she had to agree with him. "Honestly, Ah like anyting," she said, scooping out some of the melon and eating on it. She preferred to suck all the juice out of it while it was in her mouth before she ate on it. "Last night, Ah got d'coconut rum." She remembered how badly it bit, but it was heated in such a wonderful way. She scooped out some more of her cantaloupe before finding a place to sit back on the bow near where they had stayed talking during the early morning hours. She noticed as he looked over toward the new ship and couldn't help but ask, "What 'ar we gonna do wit dat ting?" She couldn't remember if the captain had said or not and wondered if Cylas knew.

Company: Cylas
OOC:
User Image

Cylas continued to work on his food, his hunger getting the best of him, that and he couldn't help but enjoy it, it was hitting the spot. Having not really slept at all he completely avoided the hangover, and was already finding the strength to fight off his tiredness in the food they had.

"It's gonna b mine actually" he said somewhat proudly, "Lyger's got this big vision about having a fleet of ships at our disposal and building a city, getting back to some semblance of life the way it used to be ya know? Me personally, I'm having fun, not really holding my breath, but hey anything is possible..."

He grinned turning back to her, their eyes meeting for a moment, "I won't be a captain persay, well I would but not in the grand scheme of things, certainly not one recognized in the charter. But its close enough for me."

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

User Image

xxxxxDae's eyes grew big as she ate. She currently had a full mouth and couldn't speak, but her expression told a lot of it. So technically, a captain of a ship had a crush on her? Sure in the grand scheme of things this wasn't the biggest deal, but to her it was. If she actually chose to go with him, she could be filthy rich and never have to worry about a damn thing again. Hell, she probably would never have to fight for herself again either. Then she began to think about how Lyger wanted a large fleet of ships. That would certainly pose a problem against Victoria's crew. What if Soren died at the hands of Cylas? Fear suddenly struck her, freezing her for a moment. Then she realized... just what the hell was wrong with her? Why was she going through so many different types of emotions today? This normally wasn't like her. She was certain it was all Cylas' fault...

xxxxx"Well congrats!" she remarked once she could finally speak again. "Dats quite d'chievement!" After this she popped another bite of breakfast into her mouth, but noticed that it tasted a little funny. As Dae peered down to her half of a cantaloupe, she noticed that she was now getting near the rind and the green part of it was what was slightly bitter. She twisted her expression lightly to show her distaste towards this before finally sitting her plate off to the side of where she sat. She would take it back down later. Her sight found Cylas once more as she raised a brow. "So w'cha goin' t'do t'day?" she asked him, poking her finger at his shoulder in order to get his attention.

OOC:

Versatile Hunter

User Image
Ⓜⓔⓢⓢⓞⓡ Ⓢⓒⓗⓤⓢⓣⓔⓡ
"Now I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds." - Chapter 11, Verse 32 of The Bhagavad Gita.

A lovely night at home, relaxed in his chair. A servent came to his side, holding a tray with a glass of red-wine within and presented it to the Overlord. Messor reached over, grasping the glass and pulling it over to him, taking in the scent of the drink before taking a sip, waving his hand to the servent to leave. She did so, without faulter and scuttled back into the darkness of the Manor. The house, hell, even the Prison was now lantern lit due to the lack of power. The main door to the prison now worked on clockwork and hand cranks, much like the bridges to old forts much much more advanced and the door lifted straight upward.

Another sup of his wine, a refreshed sigh leading after. Back at the prison, the new meat was just arriving, being taken to cells and some diverted to the testing labs, more so like surgery rooms. They were cold and dim, all one could hear was the screaming from the rooms and thudding of the guards' boots. Messor ordered his former staff and guards to preform experiments on those captured. Others were merely put on rather wicked devices and tortured to see how long they lasted before they died. Messor wasn't one for mercy or morals, so he made the pain last for prehaps months on end, just enough to make the suffer without dying.

They'd later be taken on the wagons to the body dump, basicly a mass pile of bodies in a large pit dug by the first captured crew, slowly over time its had to be dug deeper and bigger ue to the rising amount of bodies. The smell was beyond what most could imagine, vile wasn't the word. One had to remember they weren't burried, simply a pile of bodies in a big hole, left under the hot, tropical sun all day, everyday. Some bodies were bone thin, others bloated from the decay of their flesh. Ghostly pale was their skin, dotted with dirt and some with prehaps a slight discoloraration. A turely hellish sight to behold, a maggot farm with flies buzzing about to lay their larva and feast, horrible, simply horrible.
User Image

Cylas continued to eat, essentially devouring his food hoping to find some relief from the twinges of hunger pains within his stomach. Finally finishing he'd also set his plate down next to him and sigh heavily, perfectly content and satisfied with the meal.

"Thanks" he said nodding to her, a friendly smile tracing his features, " yea I can't wait, its definitely gonna be interesting..."

Looking around on the floor about him he began to pat himself down curiously, trying to find the cigar he was sure was on him somewhere. After a somewhat frustrating moment he found it nestled within one of his boots, chuckling a bit he shook his head, and brought it to his lips. Biting off the small end he spat it over the railing and then placed it between his lips, electricity dancing about its edge increasingly until it was finally red hot. Taking a long pull he leaned back against the half wall again, french curling about half of it before simply expelling the smoke, enjoying its taste over breakfast.

"I dunno" he said, "to be honest,whenever we get on land I like to get a bit of training in.. Yesterday I didn't really have the time because I was workin wit the fellas to get that ship ready, today tho..." he said trailing off a bit as he took another pull, this time not inhaling just swishing it around his mouth before pushing it out.

"Its been too long since I've had a good fight, I might see if I can find me a match or two" he said calmly stretching his arms upwards, already anxious to get into some trouble. "How bout you love?"

Generous Millionaire

13,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 【• • 】▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

׺°”˜`”°º×
Marlaina Leigh Phereson
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

Health: Perfect
Mood: Accomplished

Marlaina walked into the kitchen of the ship, almost instantly thrown back by the stench. She staggered inside while gripping her nose and stepping over garbae and dishes, shakin her head as she went. She found her way to the stove covered in various pots and pans. She foolishly lifted the lid of one of the pots, a large slimy bubble popped loudly, causing her to scream, jumping back. She stood there terrified but shook it off, replacing it with a look of determination.
She quickly dove into scrubbing the kitchen, cleaning every dish she could find until they were sparkling like new. The pot with the mystery gunk, she simply took to the deck and threw overboard, cursing at its existance. Upon returning to the kitchen, she continued to pick up scattered junk that covered the floor. She stood back to admire hr work. It was nothing to do cartwheels for but it was a vast improvement considering the mess it had been before. Sh took a deep breath, the pungent oder mostly gone. She investigated the cabinates, most bones dry of food and rations. She shook her head, taking a trip to storage. That, too, was lacking food. She groaned. "Oh, James, what am I going to do with ya?" she sighed. A trip to the market was needed.
Sh walked off the ship, gold nestled in her bossom. She made sure her hair was tightly tied away in her bandana. Captain would kill her if she'd gotten caught. She wandered the market place, buying barrels of perserved rations which she placed in a cart she rented. She filled the cart with preserved beefs and pork, barrels of ale and wine, crates of vegitables and some treats such as fruit and breads. The horse carrying it took a liking to her, nudging her every few stands. Her payment towards the cart owner was seven gold pieces and a Barrel of apples for the steed. The man carried the goods as far as the docking ramp and waved Marlaina goodbye.
She looked down at the large ammount of food, smiling. "Captain better appreciate this." She grinned as she carried the containers onboard.

((O.O.C.-))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 【 • • 】▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

User Image

xxxxxDae agreed with Cylas as she sat there. She listened to him talk while she easily shifted to pull her little sketchbook out. The cover wasn't hard, so it could easily bend within her cloak pocket. The cover was actually made out of mole skin and then tied with a small strap of leather. She untied the leather strap and unwrapped it from around the book. Then she began to draw one of the crew members as he worked on cleaning the deck. She made sure that she arched his back the way he was to seem as if he had done this for years. His face was stern, picking up on the hint that he didn't want to be doing this job. Perhaps when he was younger he used to be a skinnier chap who climbed the masts during a storm to secure a sail, or would hop over the side to rescue a mate flung off the railing. Now, he seemed more of a fat shell of a man. Dae wondered if this was how most people aboard the ships acted after so long. If so, she'd hate to be like that. Perhaps it depended on what someone did with their lives in the end. Maybe this fellow never accomplished what he wanted. Maybe his life never added up to anything spectacular. Maybe losing the charm of his youth had a horrible impact on him. Or, just quite possibly, he didn't like swabbing the deck. Dae didn't know, nor would she probably ever considering that she never was one to start a conversation with someone she didn't know.

xxxxxCylas talked about going out and fighting today and she snickered as she drew, never letting her eyes leave her paper. "Ah could use'some practice, ye," she answered him. "Ah'd practice wit'y except Ah'd beat'y." She continued to draw, her pen tracing over the paper and going back to reinforce different parts of the lines she wanted to bring forward or strengthen. "D'day y'can beat'meh y'know y'are truly a'unstoppable force." She hated to boast in this fashion, but she knew it was true. She had only met about three people in her life who could actually beat her and they went on to be great. She had never fought against Soren though. There was something about that. If Soren were to beat her, then she might feel hostility towards him as she knew that about him. But then, if she were to beat him, maybe he would feel awful about himself knowing that he couldn't measure up to her. Because of this, she would never fight Soren. It was something she didn't want to know. She trusted he was an amazing fighter and she would leave it at that.

xxxxxWhile she could use the practice, she really just wanted to shop around today. She was tired of her old clothes and needed some new, brighter shades of grey to wear around. She wouldn't mind someone going with her to tell her if the colors actually matched or not. To her they might, but then she might be trying to put purple with green in a hideous way. This was one reason she actually bought dresses rather than tops and bottoms. It was hard to go wrong with a dress and if the dress was done in a frilly manner, then she could trust that it was limited in color and that it was probably very muted as well. With tops and bottoms, she had to worry about what was on the top, if it was some form of print or if it was a solid color. And if it was a solid color, then what was the solid color of the bottoms she had chosen. In the end, it was just a bad idea for her. Dresses looked cute on her delicate frame anyhow.

OOC:

Partying Entrepreneur

7,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
█████ ┋Now The dark begins to rise , save your breath it's far from over
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ℓєανє тнє ℓσѕт αη∂ ∂єα∂ вєнιη∂, ησωѕ уσυя ¢нαη¢є тσ яυη ƒσя ¢σνєя
xxxxxxxxxx(I don't want to change the world, I just want to leave it colder)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLight the fuse and burn it up, take the path that leads to nowhere
xxx[αℓℓ ιѕ ℓσѕт αgαιη вυт,]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI'M . NOT . GIVING . IN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. WILL . NOT . BOW
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. WILL . NOT . BREAK
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx James Davison the Third A.K.A Captain Knuckles!
▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I'm Captain of the: Legacy's Edge
We're currently at: My ship.
And I'm feeling: Crappy, Tipsy but good enough to kick some a** and think straight

Jame's looked right behind him as he saw light coming from the horizon. It was almost dawn and Captain Victoria was probably sleeping. Last night for her was probably one of the best nights of her life maybe. Jame's slowly took out his golden pocket watch with his family seal engraved on the back of it. He then stuck the pocket watch back into his pocket and looked at the shops. Some stands were opening and other were still close, Just like Jame's expected. "It's pretty early in the morning, I wonder if Lainaleigh is awake?" Jame's asked himself as he got off the barrel he was sitting on and fixed his coat. He slowly walked back to his ship, The Legacy's edge, So he could talk to Lainaleigh about his plan for today. Since Captain Victoria was probably sleeping, Jame's decided he would go to the Dry Dock again and find a crew today. Hopefully today would be a good day to find some real pirates besides some amature ones. Jame's walked up the ramp of his ship, rubbing the back of his neck. He had a headache from drinking to much last night and he was tired to, not getting that much sleep either. Jame's just prayed that today will just be a good day for him rather than yesterday when he got ditched by his crew.

Once he got on deck, He noticed Lainaleigh with barrels of food on the main deck. His eye's twitched a bit, hoping she didnt buy this. "Lainaleigh, Please tell me these are stolen goods?" Jame's said, walking towards her. " Because on my boat, we mostly don't buy food, we steal food. Occasionally we will but right now we don't need it. We raid ships. We hop on a ship, break some skulls and steal there supplies. Lainaleigh, you know what a boat always have? Food, water and gold. You need those to survive out on the sea, thats why i raid ships. I don't have to waste my gold on food and water." He said, saying that whole speech while he circled her. He then kicked open a crate as tomatoe juice splattered across the deck. He slowly signed a bit, looking at the smashed crate he just wasted money on. " Sorry Lainaleigh. Just a bit worried about my ship. Without a crew, she is just a piece of art to look upon and I rather have her out at sea then sitting here getting old. " He took his foot out of the crate and wiggled it in the air to get some of the tomatoe juice off his boot. "Anyways, you did good though. It shows that you care the ship." James patted her back, giving her a smile. "Now put these supplies where they belong. I'll be in my Quaters if you need me." Jame's slowly walked off, opening the door into his quaters. He took a seat behind his desk, opening his drawer with his key, to find LainaLeighs maps inside. He took a map out and speard the map across his desk. He studied the map as he fittled with a gold coin as it moved back and forth through each of his fingers.
User Image

Seeing one of the guys heading back downstairs he called out to him,

"YOO!" he called across the deck, and when the man turned he'd hold up the two plates asking him to take them with him. The man nodded and headed over to them and retrieve the plates, nodding to Cylas casually before he made his way back down.

"Meh.. I wouldn't beat you if I could" he said shaking his head as he turned back to her, "but that power of yours would sure make it difficult." Chuckling a bit he raised his hand up, electricity began dancing about it, seemingly random at first but eventually it began to converge and centralize within his palm. He turned it over so that she could see the energy layering itself and compounding within a small orb that grew within his grasp.

"Knowing that I'd prolly just zap ya" he said with a wink, smirking as he closed his hand and the energy dissipated. Taking another long drag of the cigar he inhale it this time, exhaling it all through his nose calmly, before turning back to her.

"I'll be heading into town later, I can accompany you if you'd like?"

Generous Millionaire

13,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 【• • 】▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

׺°”˜`”°º×
Marlaina Leigh Phereson
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°

Health: Full
Mood: Disheartened

Marlaina pouted. "What ships are there to plunder and steal from? And I didn't touch your gold, it was from the money I started my journey with. I will do with my money what I deem fit. And it is my duty to keep my Captain happy and healthy, which I cannot do with a filthy, empty ship." She preached back, crossing her arms above her chest. She watched him leave and signed at the containers. She grabbed what was salvageable of the tomato paste and set it on another crate, kneeling to clean what mess the captain had made. after she was done, she began once again hoisting them below deck.
And hour or so passed and she knocked on the door to the Captains quarters. She pushed the door open. Her long, golden hair was out of its prison, flowing freely around her as she balanced a plate of hot beef and vegetable stew, a fine crystal glass and a bottle of fine Merlot she bought at the market. She walked to his desk silently, her eyes down. After placing them on the desk, she turned towards the door. "Since you are a Captain, you should eat as such. Here is your supper, if you need me, I will be on deck coiling rope." Her voice was low and distant. She bowed her head before head before heading towards the exit

((O.O.C.-))

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 【 • • 】▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

User Image

xxxxxDae only shook her head at his suggestion. "Don't worry'bout it," she commented. She was a big girl and didn't need anyone to accompany her. It would just be nice not to go alone. Dae understood that he was training and so she wouldn't push him about it. If they met up later on land, then she was fine with that. But his other commented rubbed her the wrong way.

xxxxx"S'y wouldn't fight meh? Sexist much?" she questioned him, raising a brow and stopping her drawing. She picked up her head to look at him, not liking that fact. Here she thought he was a good guy. But with that kind of attitude, she wasn't sure anymore. She didn't want to have a guy around who didn't want to fight her. She understood about her and Soren, for they had been together for a long time and there was a trust there, but she just barely knew Cylas. She also knew him as the man who tried to kiss her the first chance he had. Perhaps he was overly sexist, or overly proud, either were trouble.

OOC: Sorry it's short. Gotta run!
User Image

Cylas simply nodded, leaning back into the half wall and getting a bit more comfortable. The deck was alive with movement now as all about them people were taking to their normal duties, some making their way over to the other ship to help with repairs. Taking a long pull of the cigar he casually exhaled through his nose and mouth, turning back to her suddenly, somewhat surprised by her question.

"Nah you misunderstand me... I didn't say I wouldn't fight you I said I wouldn't beat you down. The way I'd fight if me and you were sparring and the way I'd fight somebody I don't know are two very different things. And immediately jumping to the sexist part is a bit of a stretch, truth be told you don't want me to treat you how I'd treat another guy."

He chuckled a bit shaking his head, though it surprised him that she brought it up, these types of conversations seemed familiar to him. He very much enjoyed intellectual conversation about anything, especially those things that are essentially gray, instead of black and white, because it left room for a bit of interpretation.

Having spent most of his pirate life intimidating guys, and essentially being Lyger's weapon, and 2nd in command, there was a rather distinct and obvious difference between how he interacted with women and men in hostile situations. The notion had become very much like second nature to him at this point, other than a friendly match he couldn't understand why that would be a bad thing.

"Now sparring's different of course, I'm very competitive and I wouldn't automatically take it easy on you because your woman.. At the same time I wouldn't go all out on you either.."

Turning back to her he was rather curious to her response, did she really expect him to want to fight her as seriously as anyone else? Why would that make sense? Truthfully he was somewhat puzzled, completely ignoring the enormous size difference, wouldn't just the fact that he liked her mean he wouldn't necessarily want to beat her a**... in any circumstance.

Demonic Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

User Image

xxxxxDae moved so that her feet could dangle off the side of the step up that they were sitting on. The back of her boots echoed softly as they hit the wood. She turned her head so that she could see Cylas, a smile creeping over her face.

xxxxx"Nice reply," she commented to him, raising a brow and smirking toward the tall brute. She let her gaze move back down to her sketchbook as she finished up the poor fellow that she drew. Once she was done, she wound the leather back around it, making sure that her pen was woven into it to keep safe, then she hid it under her cloak. Easily, she stood to her feet and chuckled easily. "All out," she repeated his words, adding a bit of a dirty undertone to what he said even though there was really none there. Now that the world was starting to come to life, she figured she might get an early start on all the things she wanted to accomplish today. Plus, she wanted to see if maybe Soren was out. Her heart ached to see him, especially after what had happened with Cylas. Was he real? Was Soren out there somewhere or was her brain going to fabricate him again to mess with what she really wanted. "Ah'm gonna ead'out early," she said. She didn't have to worry about taking her plate back to the cook since someone else had done it for her.

xxxxxDae stretched her arms back behind herself a moment, entangling her fingers together. At that moment, a gust of wind picked up, billowing her cloak back away from her, showing her small frame underneath. The skirt part of her dress also played in the window, mocking the actions of her hair. Dae was very beautiful and any guy would be lucky to have her, but her heart was only held by one man and she was determined to keep it that way forever if it was possible. She needed to see Soren. She needed to talk to him. Then an idea came to mind. She knew that Victoria's crew would be getting ready to set sail, so maybe a lot of them would still be on land. It was possible that she could steal away onto Vic's ship in order to see Soren. First she had to make sure that he wasn't anywhere on land. She needed to sort all this out. Was she really falling for Cylas? Or did she feel for him only because he was there while Soren was away? She wasn't sure, but she didn't like this. She wasn't going to hurt either of them, this was what she had decided in the end. "Catch y'round Cy!" she called before moving beginning to step away from him so she could head into the town.

OOC:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas