Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
◘◘Sid◘◘
••••••AKA••••••
♦♦Re-flect♦♦

Current Form: Cosette

Sid could see the disbelief on JC's face. He didn't believe a word the shapeshifter had spoken. That was too bad. He had pushed off any belief that the psychopath was capable of telling the truth. Sid had lied before, like he was with Cosette, but wasn't much of a bluffer. He liked to be straight with his enemy. JC couldn't seem to grasp Sid's honesty. The young meta was stuck on the fact that Sid would not let someone beat him. He was almost correct in his assumption, but didn't understand that if it had to be done... Sid would do it. Even if it meant looking like a fool. A year ago Cosette had looked completely different. Sid copied forms, but the forms would not age because his ability could not predict what time and experiences the body would go through would do to the form. The form he was taking was that of Cosette's current look. He stayed silent, letting the boy continue his ramble. Leave? He was getting cocky. Now he was trying to give Sid a lesson in being a father. Sid knew that Cosette was getting worse after seeing him. She was changing according to the reports he had aquired. What she was turning into.. was his daughter. Not the picture that Jean had painted over years of lies, but the true bloodline of Sid. He didn't want her to get 'better'. He wanted her to get worse. Then, and only then, would Cosette accept him as her father. Killing off the ones she loved would direct her closer to the wolf she was beneath the silent sheep's clothing. Once she shed her fake skin, Sid would shed his. He was well aware that through the support of the Challengers and even Jack, she would continue to be caught in a lie.

JC had finished speaking. Now it was time to make a decision. The boy had not attacked at the sight of Cosette's form, which threw his plan off course a bit. Darren had escaped his bomb. He could feel the boy's power faintly. This was to be expected. He wasn't even sure the archer would go near it, but it seemed as if something had drawn him. JC had wiped the water from his gloves. It was funny. Water molocules had been spread all over the boy's gloves by wiping them on the pavement. In just a few moments JC would feel a searing pain atop his hands. The water had turned to hydrochloric acid and began to eat at the boy's skin as it passed through his gloves. At the same time, the ground where the water had fallen began to steam a little. The water that had fallen onto Sid's boot had simply been shifted to air when Sid transformed. This was going to take a good chunk of Sid's power, but it needed to be done. This whole time, Sid had been holding his power, waiting for the right oppertunity and now was the time. Sid's hands shot up to chest level. He had to do this in the least power depleting way possible. Sid changed back to his original form. He focused on the air in front of him. The air molecules leading from Sid's fingers to JC's hands intantly turned into a flash of electric current. Through this current, he sent a seperate power wave. This action would have only been seen, in time, by Darren, or someone like him. Which is why Darren needed to be out of the picture. Why the current? The air molocules were too sporadic and it would have required way more power than he was willing to use. He needed something that led directly to the target and turning the air molecules to an electric current was easier and much faster than changing them to something solid. With any normal person, a rope would have been the best choice, but it was slow enough that JC could have just blown that away. The seperate power wave would change the air molocules around JC's hands to a hardlight, exactly like Jean's energy, trapping them together. Why would JC's hands be together? With the acid eating at his hands, it would be instinct to remove the gloves. Because there was so little water that tranformed to begin with, it would have been just enough pain to trigger his instinct to free his hands of pain, especially since it is where his power came from.

Once JC's hands were trapped, Sid bolted toward him using JC's stunned surprise to grab his throat and lift him from the ground. "Don't you ever ******** underestimate me. You will die. Not today. Not tomarrow. But, all of you will meet your fates and my daughter will be free from your poison." he spit out, holding back every urge in his being to just kill him at that very moment as the boy's legs kicked furiously at him. His other hand touched the hardlight that surrounded the boy's hand. Nothing seemed to happen with the shield, but JC would feel a slight vibration and his hands would stop burning. Sid pushed his hands forward, sending JC to his a**. "Thank you Hawk." he said, smiling down on the young man. Sid walked away quickly, entering an alleyway and exiting on the other side to melt into the crowded streets. At this point, the hardlight turned to water, releasing JC.

He had changed his form again by this point and continued changing into others as he walked by large vehicles and under overpasses. No one would be able to keep an eye on where he was going. Even if they were able to keep watch for a portion of the walk, they would lose him at a point. He also constantly moved in different directions, so that no one would know his true destination. After a while he arrived at Westminster Pier. He was an elderly man, leaning on a post and looking to the water. He was throwing bread crumbs to the fish and fowl. When he would see Maeva, he would toss a breadcrumb and it would turn to a stone in mid-air before falling to the water below. For someone who wasn't looking for a change, it would go unnoticed, but Maeva would catch it without a second thought.

Current Form: Elderly Man

Devoted Phantom

Jaeger

She flinched when he referenced the house. That was good-she knew something. It was also very bad-she associated the house with trauma. She wasn't likely to tell him much.

“I'd rather not talk about it. Besides, if you check with the authorities, you'll find out everything you want to know. Ahsan was nothing if not conscientious." Her tone was cold, almost angry. Will struggled to keep his temper in check-he hated being blown off, and he needed to handle this delicately.

The girl turned, walked a few steps, and pulled a backpack from a cache she'd left in the wall. Will was too busy analyzing what she'd said to be impressed by her forethought. Who was Ahsan?
"I don't have time to check with the authorities-and I don't have that level of access anyway. I'm new. Before that, I was on the run. Homeless." Telling her couldn't hurt, and establishing some common ground wasn't a bad idea. "It's not a life I'd recommend for anybody, not even a meta." He paused.

"Especially not a meta." He was pretty sure this girl wasn't 100% human-those burns weren't entirely natural. Will took a deep breath.

"It's pretty obvious you're about to collapse. The streets aren't safe for a sleeping girl, especially not tonight." He had stood an tried to follow her during this period, keeping a few steps away. He did not want to scare her away. "Just tell me what you know about the fire, and I'll take you back to base. You'll be safe there." He wasn't sure he had the authority to do that, but he was willing to take the risk to get the information they needed and to help somebody out of a terrible situation.

User Image

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image
User Image

"RedHawk!" Lux cried upon hearing his cry of pain through the coms. What had Sid done?!? She should've been there already but the sun was being covered up by clouds and she didn't want to risk depleting her reserves so early in the day. A flash-travel took a lot of energy that wouldn't really matter if the sun was still out. Like a comet, Lux landed in the square where all of this had gone down, slightly cratering the pavement with her forceful landing, and she saw that Sid was gone. She was too late. "Dammit," she thought sourly before her gaze landed on JC. "RedHawk! What happened?!" Lux ran to him, her boots sounding extraordinarily loud in this extraordinarily silent part of town. His gloves were blistered and burned away in spots and her eyes widened behind the ornate Venetian mask she wore. "What did he do to your hands?" The question was but a whisper and she reached forward, taking one of his hands and carefully pulling the glove off. His skin was angry and blistered, burned. Acid? "Hold still, I promise this will be a lot more comfortable than when Nox does it." There was no one else in the street and the fire at the gas station was on its way to burning itself out. This was a priority. RedHawk used his hands for his abilities and to have them injured put him at risk. She held his hand with one of her own and put her other over the top of it, mindful of how painful it would probably be to touch the angry skin. Her hand became enveloped in a golden glove of light and she closed her eyes, focusing. The light warmed and rejuvenated the skin cells, and it was gentle and loving, comforting, very much unlike how it felt when Sheera healed people. After about a minute, Lux stopped and pulled her hands away from his; he was healed. "Give me your other hand," she said, holding out one of her own. "Come on, don't worry about me. I've got enough power to do this at least." She took his other one and repeated the process. In a total of 2 minutes, his hands looked as though they had never been burned by whatever it had been that Sid had done. Lux then took the liberty to poke around his arms, chest, shoulders, back, and neck to find any other injuries which might not be as easy to detect. His neck felt a little stranger than it should've. "Did he... get close enough to strangle you?" Lux asked, looking up at him, her golden eyes full of worry. "And where's Drift?" JC's best friend was nowhere to be seen and, of course, she had no idea he had been sent into the gas station to deal with a civilian kid trying to help another civilian who hadn't really been a civilian.

Location: Standing with JC Mood: Aghast/Ashamed Thoughts: I'm too late!

User Image

Uniform
Mask
siris99
Roskuel

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User Image
User Image
Things are never what they seem
Can't explain the reasons why
The illusions that we see
The many faces of our lives

It had felt lovely to destroy the cathedral. Terrorist groups would surely be blamed but that was alright. As far as the rest of the world was concerned, Maeva Kryme didn't exist and it was better that it stayed that way; it was far too complicated to explain to the world just how old she really was and what would happen to them if they got in her way. Idiots. At any rate, Vol'Jin had returned to the shop and Maeva had continued on her way. She knew what she was looking for and it wasn't that hard to spot what you were looking for as long as you were paying attention. So, when she was walking through the streets of London, coming upon the Westminster Bridge, she saw what it was she was looking for: an old man throwing bread crumbs into the water. Except, it wasn't really that which interested her. It was the fact that the bread crumbs turned into a stone and sank as it hit the water. Lovely, there was Sid. "The explosion at the gas station was your doing, yes?" The blue-haired woman joined him at the side of the bridge. She was wearing a dress, boots (it was a wonder she could move so fast with shoes like that on), and black stockings. In one hand she held a small coin-like object and the other hand was wrapped with gauze, as her healing abilities were nullified if she tried to heal a self mutilation (which was essentially what it was that she did when she used to her blood abilities). And her 'question' was more of a statement. She knew it had been him. She always knew what was going on in this city, or seemed to know what was going on, and however she knew, she wasn't about to tell. She shifted and there was the clink of a few charms that were hidden within her dress. Maeva was usually one to know what was going on before it happened and at another point might have known what it was that Sid wanted from her but she hadn't, until about an hour ago, even realized he was in the city because she hadn't been keeping an eye out for him. So she had no idea what it was he wanted or what his plans were. All she did know was that it involved chaos and his daughter, the Challengers and Jack Frost. And Maeva knew that if she could get back at that frozen teen for what he had done to her back in L.A., she would. However, she wanted to see what Sid had to say first. Then she would speak. There was the wail of fire trucks and police cars and then said vehicles whisked past them on their way to the now decimated Cathedral. Maeva felt a smile curl her lips; it was a good day.

When you find it hard to breathe
Never keep it all inside
Which one should I be
The many faces of our lives?

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
[Location: Westminster Bridge] [Mood: Amused, Interested] [Thoughts: ...]

Annihilatrix's Significant Otter

Sexy Lionheart

22,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

========================== ☠ ==========================

Saraiyu Malakihr Ramanajan
Surviving the 'Unthinkable'
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they'll destroy my soul.” ― Cassandra Giovanni

Sarai raised her brows when he informed her that he was a new Challenger. When he mentioned that he had been living homeless up until then, she looked, really looked at him, finally seeing the person and not the position. Her shoulders drooped and her cold anger faded away, leaving her. . . vulnerable. She sighed, and sat down before beginning to speak. She may as well tell him.

“I'd be fine; I've lived on the streets before. And as far as being a Meta. . . I guess I am, now anyway. Ahsan is --was, actually-- my uncle. I was sent here to London, to him, after the deaths of my father and brothers when I was twelve, my mother having passed on when I was three. I'm fairly certain that my father beat her to death... but that's a moot point now. Ahsan was a perverted, smart, sociopath, who's only focus was himself and his pleasure. I wasn't his first, or only, toy, but I was the only one he never ended up killing. I displeased him greatly today, getting fired from my job, and he decided to punish me. I was used to that, but today he invited two like-minded friends to join in. And that's really all that I remember before waking up in the ashes of the metal holding room."

Clothes
Mood: Confused, panicked, concerned → Reluctant, determined, suspicious
Company: Jaeger
And the song in my head is. . .

✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠✠

Wilhelm3

Ruthless Inquisitor

8,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Demonic_Werewolf94

User Image
Drago ✖ a k a ✖ Number 4xxxxxxxxxx

──────────────────────────────────────── ─────

He couldn't help but smile, clearing his throat to be rid of incoming laughter. He nodded in agreement with her command to search the ship, in which he did. He jumped into the water, feet first. The boat lurched as Sheera's powers were at work, making him able to easily come aboard and go below deck. He had to go along the wall for a moment, the water rushing out causing more crates to slide to sea. He looked at the depths for a moment, shaking his head. There were too many crates for a luxury boat like the one he was on, even if they were alcohol. He pulled just one aboard with difficulty, pushing it along the plank before having it still on the top deck.

"You're not supposed to open that" the old man protested before being smacked with the butt of an Kalashnikov in the stomach to shut him up. The crate had a diplomatic seal on it, in which Four looked at Sheera; shrugging his shoulders. He pulled his fixed blade out of his sheath, prying the top off to reveal a plastic seal protecting elephant tusks and bags of what looked like drugs. Four could see the flash of lights from emergency vehicles on the shore as he looked over the side.

"I believe he smuggled illegal goods into England to barter for these items, which were to be traded to his country for profit" he said his part to Sheera. Four assumed it was to go to Asia, due to the markings of the stamp on the crate and that elephant tusks were used as a herbal medicine to cure things in Asia. [******** bullshit.

User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out of Candy:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
User Image
◘◘Sid◘◘
••••••AKA••••••
♦♦Re-flect♦♦

Current Form: Elderly Man

"Indeed, it was. From what I've heard on the streets, the cathedral was a success. Thank you." Sid wouldn't be surprised if the appreciation threw Maeva off a tad. Sid wasn't usually one to be kind, but he would give credit where credit was due. He kept his eyes on the water, tossing breadcrumbs every few moments. In this form he looked so harmless.. so innocent. It was far from the normal psychopath most had come to recognize. His sickened mind seemed to be wrapped up in thought. He was going through the motions of his plan, picking out what still needed to be done and what had already come to pass. Some parts were crucial, others could be squeezed around, but all had to be completed in one way or another. As he searched through the mental checklist he opened his mouth to speak, "Have you ever heard of Tarturus?" There was silence. She knew exactly what he was talking about. "The meta prison. Did you know it spawned from research done in the US? LA to be exact. They were developing a weapon to stop metas, remember? We were on the OWC mission together. It, in turn, led to the technology used to construct Tarturus. Your... abilities... do not originate from a meta gene." Where was he going with this? "I need to ask something of you and I'm not so sure you'll agree to it. I need you to get caught. The London eye has already been sabotaged by Jack Frost once. I need you to take it down publicly... and let them arrest you. They will send you to Tarturus, assuming that you are just a simple meta. Unlike everyone sent there, you will be able to use your abilities. I want you to take it down from the inside." This was a lot to ask of someone, but if she accepted, it would be the takedown of the century. I do not want your answer right now. I want you to think about it. Meet me here, same spot, tomorrow morning. If you accept this request, we will discuss the details then." He handed her an envelope, "Between now and then, could you deliver this to a young man who calls himself Rotor. I do not know where he is currently located, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Farewell, Maeva." Sid walked away, heading in the direction of a neaby parkinglot.

He approached a car and entered. It was almost as if he had set the car to be there beforehand. Something was odd. Without Maeva, how would he have planned an assault on Tarturus? Also, why the cathedral? It attracted attention, yes, but surely it couldn't have just been used for distraction. Why set up a meet with JC and Darren, just to end up in a one on one where he didn't even attempt to take JC's life? This brought up many other questions. Did his act with Big Ben have meaning? Also, why take down the London Eye? Why not just have her admit to the cathedral incident? Why the envelope to Rotor? What did he have to do with all this? If not in direct link with Sid's mind, none of it made any sense.

Sid drove away, heading to his 'family home'. Cosette should be there with Diana by now. On the way, he shifted back into Jean.

Current Form: Jean Ducard
User Image
Darren Shaw ////////// AKA: Drift //////////

The boy he had just saved asked him who he was, then indroduced himself as Junior. Before Darren could answer, the boy looked to his phone and ran off in worry. Hm.. that took care of that. He wasn't really comfortable with letting the boy go after such an experience, but his movement to stop the boy was interrupted by the sound of JC squirming, then hitting the pavement. Darren bolted around the buildings, but by the time he reached the other side, Sid was gone, JC was on the ground, and Celeste was there. "Right here Lux!" he yelled out, sliding to their position. "Was saving this kid from an explosion. Sid had the place set with traps. What the hell happened?" he asked with a concerned tone. He should have made the decision to check up on JC before something like this happened. Other than his hands, JC didn't seem to be hurt. That was odd. Sid had every chance in the world to kill him. Why didn't he take it? "Did you scare him off?" He knew it might sound a little immature to ask such a question, but he was trying to use the silver lining (the fact that JC wasn't dead) to lighten the mood. It probably wasn't helping much though.

Sid had just shown his face and left JC alive... this wasn't a time to joke. Darren just didn't know what else to say. "Lux, we need to get back to the base and quick. Hawk, close your eyes." It was cloudy and Celeste was probably suffering from dimmed power. Drift reached into a pouch and pulled out three microspheres. He closed his eyes, flipping a switch on his special sunglasses, and handed them to Lux. When he pressed a button on his bow the spheres unlocked themselves and emitted lights up to four thousand lumens each for five seconds. After the five seconds, he flipped the switch on his shades again and opened his eyes. "That should've given you enough power to get us home. Let's go."

User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

Junior grabbed his coat and house keys taking a look around the busy evening of London. Man my ear still hurts from that explosion.. Junior thought to himself as he kept walking while rubbing his ear. The neighborhood was quiet and peaceful which meant Junior didn't need to worry about anything because it seemed like the city had calmed down after the explosions. "I'm starving..." He said to himself, He had left his bag of groceries at the destroyed gas station so he didn't have anytime to cook anything because his uncle had distracted him and he completely forgot from the adrenalin rush he had with the whole ordeal. Finally coming up to a small store he walks inside and start's shopping for something to cook tonight. Carrying various items in a basket he walks down an isle while hearing a ring sound of someone coming inside the shop. "Freeze! Give me what ever you have in the register & the safe!" Junior heard from the other side of the isle, A man with a sawed-off shotgun had entered the store now pointing towards the cashier.. "Great, just my luck." He said with a sigh. Trouble seems to be following him everywhere he goes. His eyes began to glow grey now creating one of the mini nano bots. "Go over to the cashier and wait for my signal"He said quietly while peeking over the side of isle. He leans on the shelf a little putting some pressure down only for it to send of the cans falling from it. "You! Get your a** out from behind that shelf! And down on the floor!" Said the armed robber which now aimed the gun towards Junior. Crap... he thought to himself now trying to think of a plan B while taking a step towards the armed man and laying down on the floor.

Junior eyes darted around the room thinking of a plan B while the cashier struggled to get the mini safe open under the register. That's it! He thought to himself looking at a open fan next to the armed man and back at his flour bag in his basket. Junior smirked grabbing the flour fast enough where the man didn't see and tossed it towards the fan "Hey!" he shouted at the same time with the robber taking a look behind him only to get a face full of flour while pulling the trigger with the shotgun still pointed at the cashier. "Deploy!" Junior said watching as the nano bot had made it's way towards the cashier and deployed a square force field around the guy only to stop the bullets just in time from hitting the cashier. "Why you son of..." grunted the robber rubbing his eyes from the flour and now looking for the Junior who had rolled behind another counter and got up to hide behind a shelf. Okay.. Cashier is safe now it's just me and him. Need to take care of this guy within 10 minutes or that shield will wear off and we'll have a hostage situation. he thought to himself while watching a mechanical clock in the distance.. "When I find you...I swear i'll kill you now little kid" said the very angry robber. "You can try" Junior replied.

"Located:Walking around near downtown London. Mood:Calm/Frustrated"

((Lame post, sorry have to work sad ))

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
User Image
Outside what used to be a gas station

JC studied Sid's face; surely the man would care for his 'daughter', surely he... he didn't care... no that wasn't right, Sid obviously cared about her, but not along normal lines. Unfortunately, JC's thought processes were interrupted by the searing pain from his gloves; he hadn't gotten all the water off! As he scrambled to remove the gloves, he hands were forced together as a pain unlike anything he felt before ate at the back of his hands.

And then Sid had him by the throat. Anger flared to life and JC kicked hard at the man, aiming to break a rib as he was choked; damnit all, he was going to go down fighting!

He was tossed down on his a**, and his hands were free once more. The new burning stopped but the damage was done. Thank God Lux landed; she could heal him. "I got careless, water... turned to acid..." he mumbled through gritted teeth. Once his gloves were peeled away, one could see bone through the skin; the acid burned deep. It took a couple of minutes, but eventually his hands were back to normal; JC swore enough to make a sailor blush while they were being healed.

"Yea, he strangled me.... which would mean he has my form, if I hadn't prepared for this back in LA." JC said. He pulled up his mask a bit and pulled down his collar; his exposed skin was covered in latex. The team had been screwed by Sid impersonating them once before, and it was then that JC took care not to have any real skin exposed.It was uncomfortable at first, but wearing it for months had gotten him used to it. And it finally paid off.

Drift arrived, and JC was relieved his friend was not dead. JC closed his eyes when instructed too, and was glad Darren took care of recharging Lux; JC felt wiped out from the pain. "He made a mistake." JC said when he opened his eyes.

"He cares for Cosette, and seeing as he didn't listen to me... he doesn't want her to be happy; he wants her crazy. That's his play, he's going to kill and torture everyone she loves until she is just as bad as him and he is all she has left. Which means we need to find and protect Jack Frost." he said. That had been the biggest thing JC was going for, besides trying not to die; finding out what Sid wanted. Now, at least so he thought, they knew, which means they could be proactive for once.

"Let's get back to base, I feel like punching something." JC chuckled, shaking his head.
(OOC: I've been looking for an opening for Terron.. I just found it)

User Image
○○Ros Hostin○○
◙AKA◙
§Terron§

From behind the shelf Junior would hear a grunt, a clatter, a curse, then a fading scream. When the boy would look to see what had happened, the theif would be gone. After a few seconds, the same theif would be seen crashing to the concrete outside with what seemed to be a street sign wrapped around his arms and torso.

(Moments earlier)

Ros was flying around London, trying to find anything of interest. The cathedral had been attacked and an alien had crashed, but all was being taken care of by different parties. This left him with just his thoughts. So many hanus crimes, all within a short period of time. London was on fire and there didn't seem to be enough water in the world to snuff it all out. Terron noticed a man with a shotgun enter a small grocery store. The place was about to get robbed, but it really didn't concern the seasoned hero. Much worse was going on. That was his original thought, until a puff of flour surrounded the thief and a shot was fired. Someone was trying to fight back. This, he had to see. No one was dying on his watch. Terron floated to the ground to see the man searching for someone, shotgun ready, and threatening to kill a child. The geomancer twitched and the gun was torn from his hands, causing him to grunt at the force. The gun was quickly unloaded and set to the side. While the gun was being taken, a street sign was ripped from the ground, causing a clatter, and shot into the store. It wrapped around the thief's arms and torso. The thief cursed. Terron floated back into the air, using his ability to drag the man out of the store and up to his level, causing the thief to scream. "You sorry yet?" he asked the criminal. The man just spit in his face. "You wouldn't drop me. You're one of them hero types. I'm not afraid of you." Terron wiped the spit from his face. "Is that so? Say hello to the sidewalk for me." Centering the thief perfectly, Terron's power let go of the street sign holding him in the air. What the thief had failed to realize was that they were only about three stories up. He wouldn't kill the man, but it wasn't past him to cause an injury or two. After he hit the ground below, Terron floated back down and walked into the store. "Everyone ok in here?"

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

Riley nodded sadly as she told him that she knew some of the victims. Before the murders, Jimmy had treated the boys great; but always just a little... evil. They'd go to theme parks, and then steal things. It started small, but eventually reached a point where Riley couldn't wave away any of the crimes; his conscience stayed strong while Rotor's skewed. If he had stoof up to Jimmy, he'd have died and he knew that, but still... still... those poor people...

"Jus' a wee bit spookeh.... I've come teh expect such t'ings from him." Riley explained his lack of jumpiness at being addressed by what sounded like the devil. When you expected technology to behave strangely, it didn't faze you much when it did. Anyone who knew Rotor would know to expect such things.

"I dinnae wish teh impose... you lot, Challengers... I could work with yeh, earn meh keep. Despite teh beating I got, I can actually 'old meh own well inna fight." Riley said with a small smile; it sounded like he hated to be indebted,a nd liked to earn what he got. What he didn't say was tey weren't safe as long as he was with them; protecting Riley Cooper would only bring them trouble. Riley reached for the blanket on the bed, and balled it up behind his head like a pillow; he was starting to get tired. "An' staying lets meh repay yeh too." Riley chuckled.

Rotor smiled too, but for an entirely different reason. Jack had smashed Riley; didn't kill him, but definitely sent a message. Good, that worked out beuatifully... gonna need to get it on camera for Jack. he thought. Rotor had turned into a wifi antenna and computer to send out his message; it was so easy to convince a computer to do something when one could become a computer. And Rotor had found a lead on Cosette during his broadcast; he caught JC and Sid's battle thanks to a newschopper footage. Jack's phone got a text from Rotor; crazy shapeshifter man had Cosette, from what Rotor could see.

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User Image
User Image

Her jaw dropped as JC explained what had happened to his hands. Acid... Water that had turned into acid. "He can hold off the effects of his touch," she breathed. "I didn't know that..." Of course, there was a lot of things she didn't know about Sid, having never come into contact with him herself but she knew enough to know that he wasn't going to go down like an ordinary villain. However, she was thrilled to see that JC had planned for the touch required by Sid's abilities and that his neck was covered by a layer of latex. Very smart. At Darren's call, Lux felt relief flood through her. What if he had been killed? Aside from the fact that JC would be thirsting for blood and they'd also have to deal with Aria, who would also be going after Sid no matter what they said and that would surely result in her death. That would be a hard one to explain to Lawrence, who also would probably go looking for Sid. If Darren died, there would be a lot of deaths and they couldn't afford to do something like that. Needless to say, she was happy he was alive and appeared to be unhurt. Darren spoke, saying they had to get back to base and fast then demanded that JC close his eyes and the white-haired heroine wondered why. Her curiosity was soon sated as Darren pulled 3 microsphere's from his pouch and handed them to her, flipping special sunglasses down over his eyes before hitting the button. The spheres opened and light flared out of them, releasing at least a thousand lumen's for three seconds a piece. The light flowed directly from the spheres and seemed to go directly into her chest, about the area where her heart was. Once the spheres were depleted, the white-haired heroine discarded them and said, "Thank you Drift. I think that'll do just fine." She'd be able to flash travel now; her body was glowing faintly, which indicated full or near-full power. Lux felt her eyes widen at JC's statement about Sid and Cosette. That poor girl! She liked Cosette, thought of her as a little sister even, and that was why she had jumped in so willingly to try and stop her from hurting herself. "If he really is her father... why would he do that to her? I know he's crazy but surely he wants what's best for her? Right? And Frost... You know he'd never accept our protection. We'd have to kidnap him and keep him somewhere. You know how he is; he thinks he can take on the world and he must know that Sid is here by now; he, hopefully, won't do anything stupid." Like going looking for Cosette or trying to taunt Sid. She didn't think he'd do the latter but the former... Yeah, she could picture him trying to do that. That reminded her: "Someone is going to need to check out that girls home and make sure she's still there. If Sid's here and actively threatening our lives because she is too, I don't like her chances of still being here; he has Jean's form and Cosette would trust him to the ends of the Earth. I know she probably won't want to see us but if she's still there, we need to try and protect her too." It was imperative that Cosette was safe but if she wasn't, if she wasn't at the girls home anymore, their first order of business definitely had to be finding Frost and trying to convince him to let them protect him, which certainly wouldn't be an easy task. "Sure RedHawk. Come on." She helped him to his feet and then a soft golden glow surrounded both of the heroes and the golden glow around her intensified. "This will probably feel a little strange. I apologize," Lux smiled a little and then, in a flash, all three heroes were gone. Flash-traveling involved actually turning the body into light particles, which was hard enough with one person and almost unheard of with 3. But Lux had enough years of practice flash-traveling that it wasn't a problem. In what seemed to be, literally, a second, all three were standing in the living room of base. Before anyone could say anything, Lux put her hands up and said, "Before either of you do anything, you need to go and check on the meta that Amanda brought in; she's been healing and then debriefing him and I'm sure whatever he has to say will be quite interesting, as it was Jack Frost that kicked his a**. After that, you may either rest, which is what I suggest, or go abuse a punching bag, which I don't suggest." It wasn't often that she acted the leader but you could think of her as the matron of the Challengers and she usually only stepped in when Darren and JC had just been through something tough or emotionally compromising. "Oh, and there's still pain du chocolat in the kitchen if you're hungry; I know both of you went on patrol before eating." That said, she smiled softly at them, giving them both a gentle hug before heading down to the training room herself.

User Image

Uniform
Mask
siris99
Roskuel
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

Junior peeked around the corner of the shelf and seeing the thief now on the ground and another meta which he assumed stopped the robber. "Uh yea I am." Junior mumbled walking out from behind the shelf and towards the front of the store. He glances around the room only to see it covered in flour and the cashier still safe behind the force field. His nano bot fly's over to him while Junior opens up his palm looking at it "Disassemble" Junior said as the nano bot transformed back into it's original form and combined back to the watch. Looking towards the cashier Junior waves his hand and watched as the force field fades away. "Are you okay?"He said with a smile. "Yes.. Thank you so much the both of you!" She replied as she left the front to the back to grab a broom and pan to clean up the mess. Junior turned his attention back at the hero. Man second time today that another hero helps me out. Maybe i'm lucky He thought to himself. "Thank you Mr. I'm Junior by the way" He said while looking around at the semi messy store only to catch a look in the mirror to see he had a little bit of flour on his face so he rubs if off. "Sorry if I caused some trouble by the way. I could have handled the guy but I appreciate the assist. Well not really an assist, but you did do most of the work.." He said with a slight stutter.

"Located:Small Grocery Store. Mood:Calm"

Cheerful Werewolf

Quote:
Night_Of_Cydonia

User Image

Elani Trakand

Canary Wharf ~ Remi's Office ~ St. Paul's Cathedral.

Elani walked along side Remi taking in the surroundings, taking a second look on one of the experiments only when it caught her interest but otherwise focusing on keeping up with her host. "He was lucky then too have you to help him through his troubled times and you are both blessed to have been able to hold on to your friendship through all these years." When they walked into the office she looked around curious taking everything in before gracefully handing over her hat to Lawrence and then moving over to sit next to the fireplace where she was able to better look upon the large painting of Lawrence and his girlfriend, Celeste. It was a lovely painting, whomever had done it was clearly very good.
She looked over to Remi when he asked her if she would care for a hot beverage. "Yes thank you, I would very much like some mocha latte. If it is not too much trouble..?"
After being assured that it was no trouble at all Elani glanced once more at the painting while Lawrence and, what Elani assumed was his secretary exchanged words before the secretary left the office. 'Is this another pretty lady he has seduced already?' The thought rang out in Elani's head clear like a bell but she only smiled mildly over it, it being one of the most innocent thoughts she had read since entering this building, at least in regards to own person.

Elani quickly dismissed the secretary from her mind though and pulled the veil between herself and the minds of those around her before fully focusing upon Lawrence and his question.
"I come from America. I was born and raised in New Orleans to be more specific." She added with a warm smile. "And where were you born, France perhaps?" After he had answered Elani looked once more to the painting. "That is a beautiful painting, your girlfriend practically shines on it. Is she as lovely as she seems?"

Just a few moments after Remi had finished answering Elani's question they could hear the first explosion. Curious Elani rose to her feet and moved over to the window looking out she could clearly see where she smoke from the explosion rose over the city. "I wonder what happened, could it be an accident or an attack of some sort?" She turned to face Remi and then the second explosion went off nearly knocking Elani off her feet but she quickly regained her balance and looked once more out the window, worry in her eyes as she once more looked over the city. "I do not think that this was an accident monsieur Remi, there is smoke rising now from at least three places over the city, that means at least two explosion and one fire. I think someone is trying to bring out London's new team of hero's, the Challengers and spreading them thin." Elani then turned away from the window a new determined look on her face. "I have not been fully honest with you Lawrence and for that I apologize, you see I did come to London on holiday but I stayed for another reason. I stayed to join the Challengers. It has been my dream to join a team of heroes for some time but other duties have prevented me from doing so until now."
Suddenly the shopping bags rose from there corner and floated through the air to Elani where the landed at her feet, then a large shoe box floated from one of the bags and opened up and out floated a pair of boots which then landed softly on the ground next to Elani's feet whom proceeded with stepping out of the shoes she had been wearing and now that pair floated up and into the shoebox which closed and then floated back into the bag which it had been lying in originally. While that was going on Elani proceeded with putting on the boots and then one of the smaller bags opened up more and out of it floated a red mask which settled on her face a golden string fastening around the back of her head which would keep the mask in its place.
Then Elani straightened up and the last object to float through the air was lifted up from one of the bags and to her hand, it was a black coat which she quickly put on.
While all of this had been going on she had continued speaking with Remi. "I am afraid I must leave your company now as pleasant as it is and as much as I have enjoyed this visit but there are people out there whom could have been caught in those explosions and will need help and as brave and many as the Challengers are they can not be everywhere at once. I will therefore go and do what I can to help." She now finished pulling on the coat and turned to Remi. "Do not worry, before the last year in Spain I spent as much time as I could wearing the mask of a heroine." She straightened her back and turned a bit to the side. "You are looking at the lady Athena." She then relaxed a bit and grinned. "Do not worry if you have not heard of me, not that many have." The she turned to Remi. "Now will you accompany me to one of those places to help or perhaps go to the other loaction or is that perhaps not with in your legal rights, I am not very familiar with how these contracts go."

Elani glided to a halt and then landed softly on the ground at the same time as the police force and ambulances arrived at the Cathedral, she had left Remi's office the way she came after asking him to please keep her things there til she could come get them, through the front door but she had not wasted much time before taking to the air though she had taken off the mask while leaving the building she quickly placed it back on while flying in the direction where the closer explosion had been.
Now she had landed and soon found herself speaking with the law enforcement, asking them to wait with entering the building while she would use her powers to sense if there were any survivors. It took her a few moments to convince the deputy in charge to listen to her since she was not wearing a challenger uniform but once she had convinced him he did not waist any time with getting on setting a perimeter and getting innocent civilians to back off to safety and to get medical help to those whom had been injured in the explosion.

Elani had blocked all the commotion around her out and send her mind into the building, searching for any sign of life. At first she found nothing. But then. There, in what was most likely the far end of the building on the second floor she sensed four minds. Linking better with one of them she was able to determinate that it was a priest along with a woman and her two young children.
She then read the woman's mind and found that she was injured, a crushed leg that was bleeding heavily but she was trying to keep calm though her children were worried and the poor woman was loosing hope for there was no way out of this room but a single door which could not be opened for something was blocking the way.
Opening her eyes Elani informed the police officer in charge of this and asked to be a part of the rescue team which would be sent in and thus be able to help clear a path to the people trapped inside.
The police officer agreed to this and soon they had formed a team and were preparing to head inside.

Outfit

Onions On Cheesecake: I hope you don't mind me moving her along but I did not wanna miss out on helping at the Cathedral.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff