Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who is the most tragic figure?

Vash 0.25757575757576 25.8% [ 17 ]
Spike 0.10606060606061 10.6% [ 7 ]
Homura 0.28787878787879 28.8% [ 19 ]
Other 0.34848484848485 34.8% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]

Elder

(I'm sorry for the long delay in my writing. I've just felt like crap for awhile and haven't been feeling my usual self for even longer. Sorry my funk is dragging everything down, I'm trying to get this done, I'm almost always thinking about how to link scenes to one another, cool moves, and how everyone talks to each other during such a frantic fight but I've just been having a tough time putting fingers to keyboard.

I'm sorry everyone.)

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
(( honestly, I miss hanging out with you more than this thread you punk))

Elder

( aha ha sweatdrop ya, just have trouble writing and holding conversation. Plus my mood hasn't been its usual self and I'd rather not subject anyone to that version. Once I've got this written out I should be on more, knock on wood)

Elder

( Part 2 of 3) (Note to self: Never guess how many pages you'll need again. "Oh ya, I can do this fight in 6 or 8 pages" nearly 4 pages off. 11.5 pages. Hope I served your character well, if you didn't like something let me know and I'll work around it)

-Losing ground-

The storm is now full upon the team, the sun can not pierce the dark clouds above them as rain comes down at a steady pace. Lightning arcs across the sky and sometimes strikes near where the team stands.

The Chimera swipes at the team causing them to skater. Kat leaps back in the air but gets cratered by one of the nagas. The beast rears back to slam its clawed paw into Kat. Kat puts her spear up and forms a barrier around herself, Sakura who had jumped back forms 3 flat barriers on Kat. When the paw comes down its easy to see that Kat's barrier would not have been enough to spare her considerable pain. The three barriers Sakura had put up made a bottom to Kat's barrier as well as a makeshift launching platform for Kat, when the paw comes down the force is enough to send Kat shooting away from the attack. Sakura becomes more intangible however, her arms look like unraveling plushies made of light.

The tail pops up again but this time the main eye closes and the eyes on the sides start showing the team with beams, balls, and instant cast spells of multiple types before opening again. Susano'o puts up his sword and absorbs most of the attacks sent his way and Ninja manages to get behind him sparing his hide as well. Sakura takes a fire beam that knocks her down but doesn't pierce. She stumbles to her feet and leaps in front of Shade who hat taken a frost bomb to the leg and was frozen to the spot just as another fire beam is aimed at him. Shade sees the fire erupt covering Sakura's front but doesn't touch him. He frees his leg and as he looks down he sees blood.

Shade thinking: That heat should have cauterized the wound, how is she...

He spins her around and sees a few traces of a barrier inside Sakura's open chest wound.

Shade: ARE YOU INSANE?!

Sakura: The eye keeps me from casting within its sight, but it can't see inside me.

Shade: Yah, I got that, very clever but you can't take hits like that!

Sakura: If I'm not willing to put it all on the line for my friends then I don't deserve to have them. I won't be the last one standing again, so long as I have a spec of mana in my bones, I'll use every last drop to buy you guys another second.

Shade is stunned for a moment as the Anubis head turns towards them and with a stern glare blasts both of them. The grounds is torn asunder and the two skid for a few feet before rolling to a stop, Shade manages to get to his knees but Sakura is barely able to prop herself on her elbows. Shade looks at her but knows if he's near her she'll unravel even further, the main eye is open again but he thinks if he can get the main body between him and the eye he should be able to cast. He pushes himself up telling Sakura to stay put as he rushes forward, just as he gets within the monsters shadow he readies himself to cast something, anything but his body is frozen, his eyes look up to see one of the nagas holing out a hand to hex him. The dragon head turns towards him while his body is held in place, the mouth opens and black fire spews forth to envelope him. Shade grits his teeth expecting to be consumed by the fire but instead a blast comes from the ground in front of him that cancels out the fire and the binding hex.

Diamond: So nice that you finally got around to finding me, NOW PICK ME UP OUT OF THE MUD!

Shade bends down and picks up Diamond who is still releasing energy to counter the nagas and the dragons fire.

Shade: Hey looks like I found a Diamond in the...

Diamond: Finish that sentence and I will let that dragon roast you.

Shade: Alright then.

Diamond stops expelling energy and starts converting it. The attacks from the dragon, nagas, and the Anubis head are converted into raw mana that she begins to absorb. Shade looks at the tremendous amount of mana just floating in the air greedily. With such energy he could stage such a counter attack that would warrant songs. With this thought of power he switches to his dark form and begins taking in the mana that Diamond has yet to absorb...

While this was going one the man from the lion head formed a spear of bone.

Man from Lion: I spy with my keen eye, easy prey.

He throws the spear at Sakura who can't defend herself, just before the spear hits her a blur tackles Sakura to safety. Terra had moved fast enough to save her.

Terra: You alright?

Terra looks down and sees her cloths are covered with Sakura's blood. She tries to heal Sakura but the main eye is open and her healing spells don't work. Terra looks up at the monster and puts herself between it and Sakura.

Hijiri's armor had been dispelled by the main eye and had been knocked sideways by the swipe. During the magic assault by the beholder Hijiri is knocked about and lands flat on her back away from the team. She regains her footing and is frustrated by her situation, her tries casting her armor spell but it still won't activate. She is out of the danger zone for the most part. Only a few stray spells are cast and the Anubis head flicks its ears to send force waves that nearly lay her out.

Hijiri: Damn it. This isn't how I imaged my fighting days to go. Stranded without armor or boosting spells. *chuckle* I'm pretty useless in this fight after all aren't I. This whole thing is just so much bigger then me it isn't even funny. *She grips the hilt of her sword* But I'll be damned if I stand here and do nothing. No guts, no glory, right father? *She folds her hands in front of her* Please watch over me, I won't disgrace our name.

Hijiri runs forward to take out the chimera's foot, as she runs heedless of the flying spells, the lightning, and the exploding ground her body begins to glow...

Shin looks over the whole scene watching as things spiral further and further out of the teams control. He holds the handkerchief sized piece of Scarfy close to him.

Shin: Such a mix of emotions, such a robust flavor, all these people with their hearts upon their sleeves, if only the plate wasn't so abhorrent I could gorge myself upon this feast.

The scrap of Scarfy moves in his hand.

Shin: Yes, I'm sorry about that. I under estimated our foe. *He looks around at the G.E.M.S fighting and the storm* When did the world become like this? *The scarf moves again* You're right, I need to eat if we hope to help Terra. This is going to leave such a bitter taste though.

Shin begins drinking in the radiating emotions of everyone in the battle field, nearly choking on some of the harsher emotions. As he does so Scarfy regains its substance and regrows its threads.
Sakura looks at the field and the people fighting and curses that she can't cast. She looks down at the spreading pool under her and remembers a skill.

-Back at Sanctuary a few years back-

Sakura was dusting the statues of The Great Three when she heard some mages in another room.

Mage 1: Did you hear? Blood magic is on the rise.

Mage 2: Blood magic? Isn't that illegal?

Mage 3: Only in tournaments unless you go through a ton of screenings. Law enforcement also has similar criteria. But the populace doesn't like it that much.

Mage 1: There is that artist who uses blood magic in his performance pieces.

Mage 3: There will always be people like that for every form of magic. But mages don't usually specialize in blood magic.

Mage 2: Then who does specialize in it?

Mage 1: Warriors. They tag one of their allies with a few drops or a seal or something and this somehow transfers the damage the mark would take directly to them. Even if they pass out.

Mage 2: Where do you guys hear about this stuff?

Mage 3: Most high level establishments have a text or two. I wouldn't be surprised if this place had a few tomes stashed away.

After this Sakura went to the library and was able to use her position to acquire the text about blood magic and studied the defense section at length. Even if her mana ran out she would still be able to protect people.

-Back to the fight-

Terra cuts down the projectiles from the Chimera with her katars. The lion head man looks at Terra move and cut down multiple spells at once. He rears back and punches the air sending a force wave at Terra. Terra is holding off two beam attacks and can't block the force punch but Sakura's blood hardens and forms a barrier that protects Terra. Streams of blood flow into the barrier to strengthen it as another and another force blast hit it. Finally Terra is able to move out of the firing range taking the wounded Sakura with her. She places Sakura down and pats her on the back.

Terra: Stop casting, you've done enough.

Sakura: No, not yet.

Terra: What are you doing?

Sakura reaches up to touch the bloodstain on Terra's clothes, more of her blood stacks up on the stain to form a stronger armor for Terra's torso.

Terra: STOP THAT!

Sakura smiles through blood stained teeth.

Terra jabs Sakura in the neck to knock her out for a moment. She tries to brush off the blood but she can't dispel it with the eye looking in her direction.

Terra: Shin, give me back up, I'm going in.

Shin looks at scarfy who has eaten up enough emotional energy from Shin to regain its size if not its strength and thread count. A few tendrils snake into Shin's chest feeding off his energy which he is taking in from the surrounding fight.

Shin: Yah, we'll need some solid rounds to hurt this thing. Luckily there's enough punch in these kids to go around.

Scarfy pulses as he draws out raw emotional energy from Shin to form the rounds that it will use in sniper mode. Shin picks up each round and tucks it into a pouch on his belt. He looks at each round thoughtfully as he knows he is holding a piece of someone on the field in his hand.

Shin: The creeping despair, shadow black. The unyielding will, steel gray. Memories of days past, rose tinted nostalgia. A hatred of oneself, blackened blood. The hope of a better tomorrow, golden dawn...

Terra dashes into the fray, leaping over the chaos that is Shade's encounter and stabbing at the man. He brushes her katar swipes with his bare hands chuckling to himself. After a few swipes he uppercuts Terra in the ribs, the blood armor takes the full impact but shatters in the process. Terra takes the opportunity to land a clean cut across the monsters face. He grabs one of her wrists and stands up from his furry bed holding her above the swirling vortex that is Shade and Diamond.

Lion man: Such ferocity hardly seems befitting a flower such as yourself.

Terra stabs her free hand into her captors chest, it sinks in but he pulls her hand by the wrist and now has both of her arms.

Lion man: Despite your very sharp thorns, but that only makes you more fascinating.

Terra lashes out with her feet and tail but hardly leaving a scratch. The man whirls Terra around and manages to pin both her arms with one hand, he pulls her down with him onto the fur.

Lion man: Perhaps you could entertain me while we wait for this fight to end.

At this he chuckles for a moment before Opal's scythe stabs through the side of his neck.

Opal: Unhand my sister you disgusting monster.

She pulls up on the scythe but can't cut through his bones as she is. Susano'o sees her in her less then prudent clothing and blanks out for a moment.

Opal: Fight now, gawk later!

The Lion man laughs a gurgling laugh, his grip was still strong enough to hold her till a heavy round nailed the left side of his face which allowed Terra to reverse head him and escape. Opal takes a beam shot to the back and is thrown off of the chimera. She looks over at Terra.

Opal: You alright?

Terra nods

Opal: Can I borrow your coat?

Terra: What happened to your dress?

Opal: Got electrified, soaked, and shredded. Was one of my favorites too.

Terra tosses Opal her cloak

Terra: Try not to destroy that one too.

Opal: Thanks

The two look up at their foe

Opal: No promises though...

Kat bounced along the ground in her little bubble for some time before hitting a rock which sent her wildly flipping through the air. She came to rest many yards away from the fray in a very dizzy state. When she regained her senses she gritted her teeth knowing that her previous attack had been completely stuffed by the monster but she is unwilling to let one failed attempt stop her. If she can't go in from above she'll pierce it's head from below. With that thought in mind she leaps back into the fray, covering the distance is three jumps she gets under the head and focuses all her energy into the tip of her spear and her legs. She leaps up piercing the dragons jaw and tongue before becoming stuck in the roof of the monsters mouth. She tries to free her spear and ready another jump but it is to late, fire spews from the back of the beasts throat coating her in its black flame. She is spat out with the fire like a charred loggie. She screams and writhes on the ground trying to put herself out but the cursed fire will not extinguish...

Susano'o and Ninja withstand the onslaught of spells but are pinned for the moment.

Ninja: Damn man, can't get a blade in edge-wise round here.

Susano'o: We need to take out that main eye, with out our castors our teams attack and support are limited.

Ninja: Easier said then done man.

Susano'o: Make a sweeping arc on the creatures right.

Ninja: The side with 3 things that want to blast me?

Susano'o: Either that or pass through the lion head and the Anubis's firing range. *after a pause* Tell you what, I'll take on the two naga's while you make your way around.

Ninja: Better beef up if you wanna survive the encounter.

Susano'o goes into his Arch Angel form.

Susano'o: What about you?
Ninja claps his hands and focuses, he turns into a 8 armed version of himself as his aura spikes.

Ninja: Like I'd let you hog all the attention. Let's do this bro.

Susano'o leaps forward while Ninja runs around the side. Susano'o lands on the dragon's head using his sword to absorb the naga's magic. He slams his sword into the dragon's head unleashing a burst of energy that knocks the naga's back and disrupts their casting. He fights with everything he has but a tilt of the dragon's head interrupts his rhythm and opens him up for harsh counters.

Ninja lands on the chimera's back thanks to Susano'o's distraction. He moves forward with purpose but his progress is slow as he has to plant his feet deflect incoming magic assaults from the beholder tail.

Ninja: Now how to I shut you up for good?

Ninja's scarf floats into his peripheral vision and he smiles...

-Turning the Tide-

Sakura wakes up just in time to see Terra get grabbed by the monster and for Kat to get stuck. She slams her fist into the ground.

Sakura thinking: NO! I can't collapse yet, I'm the only white mage right now. Please, let me give more of myself.

Her body unravels completely, as the threads of her life swirl around a single thread comes from each fighter who knew Sakura, these threads weave themselves among the tangle of threads. The threads writhe and squirm till a new form is made, then the threads turn into skin and Sakura stands transformed.

Her physical appearance hasn't changed much but threads come off of her as if they are floating in water. Her eyes seem serene, like one who sees how all the strings will come together to form a tapestry. She sees Kat burning and issues a command to Ninja who she can see nearing the source of their problems.

Ninja let's loose a flash bang that causes the beholder to shut its eyes, in that second both he and Sakura use their threads to sew the main eye shut. With that done Sakura wraps Kat in a cocoon of white thread that releases holy mist to suffocate the black fire. The chimera tries to step on Kat but she is pulled away in her cocoon by Sakura.

As Ninja stands admiring his work the beholders mouth opens up and lunges at him, he catches the jaws and holds them off.

Ninja: WHY IS EVERYTHING TRYING TO EAT ME TODAY?!

He throws multiple bombs and other hazardous items down the monsters throat before slamming the jaws shut and tying it shut as well. He looks at his scarf now down to about half of its original size. He backs off as the explosion goes off dealing considerable damage to the beholder.

Shade takes in as much as he can, more then he can, yet still he draws in more mana.

Diamond: IDIOT! Unlike me your capacity is limited. Don't be so greedy.

Shade: But Diamond, don't you understand? Greed is GOOD!

Shade's mind snaps for a moment. His laughter mixes with his screams as his body unable to hold any more begins to break down, geysers of mana erupt from his body as his mana lines burst. In this state he finds himself before Scorpio.

-In the space between somewhere and nowhere-

Scorpio: So I've been observing your fight and I figured I'd give you an advance on our contract by teaching you a new skill.

Shade let's out a blood curdling scream as his body even in this non-physical realm is breaking off in chunks.

Scorpio: Normally this would take hours of meditation and practice to learn on your own.

Shade screams again.

Scorpio: But I can instantly plant the information into your mind. The only problem is that such a rush of information causes intense pain.

Shade rolls around on the ground wailing.

Scorpio: But in your case I don't think you'll really notice.

A single point of light descends from the infinite blackness and touches Shade's forehead. With this pain added to his already crippling pain he blanks out for a moment and finds himself in a white void.

Shade: Huh, so this is what happens when you come out the other side... wonder if this is what Ruby sees every time I talk? Oh wait, yah that's right... MY SHOULDER'S EXPLODING!

-And back to reality-

Shade awakens from his trance to find himself still screaming. He leaps onto the snout of the Anubis head and digs his feet into the flesh, it tries to shake him off but Shade forms little mana spikes at the base of his feet to keep himself in place. The beast glares at him but Diamond keeps him safe. Shade focuses all of his mana into a point above the monster. At this the lion man turns and throws a spear at Shade, before either of them can react the spear turns to powder before it reaches them. Onyx stands before Shade, guarding him from the lion head.

Onyx: Continue your work, I shall guard your flank.

As it comes down he begins to go limp from the energy whiplash but a stinging pain brings him back around. He looks at his right palm to find Diamond has dug her way in. She jumpstarts his depleted mana lines so he can continue absorbing mana.

Diamond: Where the hell did you learn to cast that kind a spell at that range?

Shade: Metaphysical manifestation of Scorpio.

Diamond: Freak.

Shade: Hard a**.

With Diamond feeding him and protecting him Shade builds up another stinger. The first spell impacts the crown of the monsters head but stops just before going all the way through the skull.

Shade: BAD DOGGIE! PLAY DEAD!

Shade rears back and slams his fist adding his second stinger to the first and hammering the blast home. He sees the attack break through the skull but even with a critical hit like this he needs more. He makes the second sky stinger twice the size as the last with some help from Diamond. The blast rockets down and goes through the hole. Light pours out of the Anubis head's mouth as the attack explodes and pushes outward. The explosion causes the head to evaporate sending Shade to the ground where he lands on his face.

Diamond: So graceful.

Shade: Bite me, I turned that thing to dust.

Diamond: That you did, now stand up.

Shade: Sure no problem... why aren't my feet moving?

Diamond: Because you are a reckless self destructive b*****d. No wonder you hang out with Ruby.

Kat lets the calmness of the cocoon envelope her. Her mind wanders and she drifts off as her wounds are patched up.

-Where the real is not and the not is real-

Kat finds herself sitting on a cloud bank before a dozen or so podiums. In the vicinity of each podium is a dragon. They range in color, size, and type.

Red Dragon: So this is your candidate for the omni-dragoon?

Blue Dragon: She's a mage at heart, hardly prime material. Why should we even bother?

Black Dragon: Considering the last 4 candidates were dragoons through and through and how they turned out I'm willing to take a chance.

Yellow Dragon: Are you sure? She doesn't look like much.

Green Dragon: She doesn't lack pluck though. Her connections are a plus in her favor too. What say you?

A white dragon rises up from the cloud that Kat is sitting on. She sees its body wraps all the way around to where the other dragons are.

White Dragon: I will vouch for her character and potential. I nominate Katherine Cross. Allow me to make believers out of you all by bestowing my blessing upon her.

Before Kat can say anything her vision goes white.

-Back to the safe, comfy, doorstep of oblivion-

Kat feels her body burning up, but not in the bad way, something in her is ready to come out. With a roar she sheds the cocoon fully healed and transformed. Her spear shines more then ever and her clothing is more armored. She looks a holy spearmen as opposed to her normal white mageish attire.

In one leap she is back in position, with another she rises upwards like a shooting star. She catches in the same spot for a second but then plows through the top of the dragon's head... right between the two naga's. They move their hands to hex Kat but suddenly their arms move back. Kat sees the threads digging into their flesh and pulling them back. She twirls her spear gathering strength as she breaths out wisps a light. She leaps forward and plunges her spear into the naga's chest, but she doesn't stop, she charges forward propelled by a holy wind as she smashes through the naga.

When she turns around to face the second one she sees a light from above smite the decrepit soul. It slumps over, a lifeless mass once more. Susano'o stands behind it and flashes Kat a thumbs up.

Hijiri had charged forward and slashed at the beasts leg just behind the kneecap. As she slashed with her sword and bashed with her shield she had to jump back to avoid the magic attacks from the beholder. When the creature when to step on her she rolled under the attack the keep pressing her attack, only letting up just long enough to back away and slam in again. All the while she glowed brighter and brighter till she catches of wind blast that knocks her away into the ear flick range of Anubis. She sees the ear flick and feels the crack of the blow against her body but she doesn't retreat. She moves forward taking hit upon hit.

Hijiri: I'M NOT BACKING DOWN!

With that her new form emerges. The armor that she needed runes to pull off before now emerges from her soul to shield her. Her armor now stands out much more brilliant then it once did as it seems to cover more of her as well. Her magic has turned inward strengthening her physical skills but neglecting her range abilities. In this form she slammed into the leg once more sinking her blade halfway through the knee. Pushing herself further she manages to cut through the rest of the leg severing it.

Terra and Opal look at each other.

Opal: Bet I get the killing blow.

Terra: All that matters is that we make it out of this.

Opal: Professional to the end. Well let's show this dirt bag what we can really do.

Opal goes into her light form becoming and angel of death so to speak. Her scythe blade becomes a crescent at the end of her pole. Terra clenches her fist and her family crest appears on the back of her hand, she clenches her hand tighter and sections of the crest fragment. Darkness pours over Terra like a black tide, her form becomes obscured so that she resembles a liquid shadow of her former self, her eyes glowing fiercely as dark spheres float off of her like a black lava lamp.

Shin looks down at his next round.

Shin: Such an intense self loathing, who ever this belongs to is in a world of hurt. *He loads it into Scarfy* Well if it hurts this guy half a much as it hurts you I'm sure it'll do the job.

In perfect unison Terra and Opal leap into action, as the lion man readies to receive them he catches another round in the face. The bullet explodes on contact and emotion that once ate away at someone begins eating away at the lion man. As he is reeling from the attack Opal and Terra sever one arm each as they land on the Chimera's back. The lion man turns to face the women, his face dissolving before them.

Lion man: Well played, but I'm not done yet!

He lets out a roar that causes both women to cover their ears, he headbuts Opal knocking her back but leaves himself open to Terra. Terra flash steps to the other side of the lion man nearly separating his head from his body. She whirls around and begins hacking at him again and again, a flurry of darkness and blood. When she stops she takes a step back just as the lion man falls apart into cubed bits.

With all the heads defeated and missing a limb the chimera falls to its side and dies. The team gathers its strength and collects its breath. The injured are treated as they look around through the slashing rain and flashing lightning. Ruby had been looking over the scene and smiles to herself, knowing that her friends are as strong as she had believed them to be.

Through the thunder they hear a slow clap. Spinel appears and smiles at the team.

Elder

(Part 3 of 3)
Jewelry Box

Spinel: That was a fine display, truly you are more then I had hoped for.

She glances behind the team and sees Ruby.

Spinel: Ruby dear would you mind summoning the rest of your team? We have much to discuss.

Ruby smirks.

Ruby: No. I'm going to wipe you out then its nothing but clean up.

Spinel: tsk tsk tsk. I had hoped to settle this in a more civilized manner. Very well, have it your way dear.

Spinel snaps her fingers and several air ships descend and rain shells down upon the weakened team as well as reactivate the fallen armors and more soldiers flood the field. Ruby sees this and knows the time as come, like it or not she has to answer Spinel's challenge. She pulls out the rug that she had her meeting with everyone as she transforms and flies into the air. The rug is a catalyst having marked the mana signature of everyone who hat sat upon it in the specified zones. As a massive summoning circle is drawn around Ruby she emits a beam of light at can be seen from miles away.

The captain of the ship sees this and pulls down his hat.

Captain: Alright men, it's show time. Let's not disappoint the commander.

From each of the circles an elemental chosen in full elemental mode emerges along with Oliver, Joan, and 3 squads of Knights.

Rose, Cassiel, and Chione rush to the team to protect them and heal them as best they can. Ember appears as a infinite flame before Ruby, shielding her from Spinel's gaze. The rest of the chosen and Joan's company descend upon their foes.

The ship comes roaring in overhead weaving between bullet fire elegantly. The crew shows itself to be worthy of their positions as they shot down one enemy ship after another. The ship performs many difficult maneuvers as it evades attacks and cuts down foes.

One ship freezes in the air.

Enemy captain: Status report!

Crew: Something's got us captain.

Enemy Captain: Nonsense! We should be immune to any metal manipulation spell out there!

The ship is turned into a ball and used to knock another ship out of the sky. Asuka smiles to herself as she makes the pieces fall like a cage around some of the enemy troops.

Spinel hasn't moves despite her forces being completely out classed. Ruby watches as Joan instructs her squads to take out the armors within mere minutes and Oliver dispatches a few monsters with nearly imperceptible knife slashes. The G.E.M.S that still stand also join the fray.

As the fight nears its end Ruby charges full pelt at Spinel. Spinel smiles as Ruby comes at her, the intent to kill written plain across her face.

Spinel: Activate protocol 386, Tabula Ruby.

At the utterance of this phrase the team feels a sever mental disconnection happen between them and all of the G.E.M.S. The rest of the enemy fighters back off and kneel down. A large plume of mud erupts from where Ruby impacted with Spinel, as the mud falls away they hear Spinel laughing. She is twirling round and round holding Ruby, tears running down the scientists face. She sits down and Ruby rolls onto her back, her expression blank. Spinel holds out her hand and a variety of orbs appear floating above her palm.

Spinel: I always wondered how the artist knew when the final brush stroke had been given or the writer knew that last letter had been written. Now I know. Ruby dear would you please take the rest of the G.E.M.S with you? Here's the zone.

Ruby: Yes mother.

Ruby and the G.E.M.S warp away. Spinel opens a portal to another area and looks at the team.

Spinel: If you all be so kind as to power down and follow me, we have much to talk about and I would prefer to do so in a more hospitable setting. Lady Avalon please ask your men to stand down, I only require you and Mr. Bennet.

Spinel motions for the team to follow her through the portal.

Elder

(I know everyone is busy with other things but just a few lines at least once a week or something, please... like, pretty please?

As the team stands in stunned silence over what has transpired the chosen rush down.

Ember: RUBY!

Geo: RANGER RED!

Asuka: The hell?!

Ember burns even hotter, her heat column punching through the cloud cover, she stretches out her hand forming a deadly fireball.

Ember: You have 5 seconds to bring her back before I incinerate you.

Spinel: You won't do any such thing, unless you never want to see her again.

Ember: Roh!

Roh: Mana portal coordinates confirmed.

Spinel shakes her head.

Spinel: Clever but not what I meant. See these pretty little stones here? Any idea what they are?

Chione: Their souls?

Spinel: No, such a thing would be to easy to counter given the talent of some of those present. What I hold are their memories.

The crowd pulls back in shock.

Spinel: If I die or these stones leave my grasp then they shatter and with them the G.E.M.S you know will die forever. Oh their bodies will still be here but they'll be as children, not knowing you from Adam. Now please follow me so we may begin our true discussion. But 1st Lady Avalon, I need a single drop of blood. There is something I wish to confirm.

Joan is reluctant at 1st but gives in and gives a drop to an attendant.

The team walks through the portal into a large living chamber. There is food and drink for all, as they enter they are waited on hand and foot with people mending their clothes, drying them off, and sorting them out.

Spinel: Allow me to clear the air, the question no doubt at the front of everyone's mind is where are they. They are below in their rooms, the 2nd question is why. I believe I have some associates who can tell you.

Two men in fine attire walk forward to greet the team. Judas notices one of them is a high ranking demon lord who holds majority stock in several firms.

Demon lord: Yes why. Take a look around her ladies and gentlemen, times are becoming more active. Sell swords are on the rise. If we are able to turn out a product like Opal or Ruby regularly then we will be in a strong position. We may even shape the world.

The two men grin and chuckle for a moment. Spinel had been behind them her back to the team, she holds two fingers to her ear as if listening to something else. As the man finishes she nods and two of her tails shoot out impaling both men through the heart, killing them instantly. As the bodies fall to the ground they are dragged off by handlers away from the team. Spinel holds out her tails as they are cleaned.

Spinel: I'm sorry for that display, such small minded peasants. I needed a few moments to confirm everything was in order. Now to answer your question with one of my own. What do you believe was the biggest bullet this world has dodged in the last 2000 years?

Elder

(*rubs the bridge of nose and sighs* I'm gonna have to set a day for everyone to get on so we can finish this saga in one big string of back and forth posting)

As no one answers Oliver speaks up.

Oliver: I'd say the division war. I'd hate to see what the world would have turned out like if they'd won.

Spinel: Why did we win?

Oliver: We had multiple kingdoms on our side plus The Great Three.

Spinel: It's interesting you mention them. My view is that the biggest bullet dodged by this world was not an incident that The Great Three were involved in but The Great Three themselves.

Ember: Come again.

Spinel: Think about it, what if The Great Three were... forgive my use of the phrase, more human. Prone to the selfish desires that plague so many of us. What could the world have done in the face of such power? Nothing, the world would have been stripped of choice by the wishes of so few. Yes we were fortunate to have them but there have been instances where beings like the Unifier and Chaos have not acted in the worlds best interest.

Elder

Cassiel: Get to the point.

Spinel: Isn't it obvious? I seek to give the world the power of choice by removing the Unifier and Chaos.

Roh: You do know that you can't remove such beings entirely. Even if you kill them they will eventually reincarnate.

Spinel shakes her head

Spinel: Don't be so foolish, of course I know this to be the case.

Roh: Than how is your plan to work?

Spinel: Look around you. Each of the G.E.M.S is an incredibly powerful being. Naturally the Unifier and Chaos forces would find them desirable avatars. So we have mental locks in place to put them into a child like state once they show signs of being chosen, at which point we keep them isolated and entertained. Surely you've noticed how the Unifier and Chaos are drawn to world changing events or perhaps world changing events are drawn to them. By keeping them happy they don't seek out anything and thus don't interfere with the world.

Cassiel: So you seek to be... keepers of such forces?

Spinel: Exactly, it is our mission to keep the forces in check so that they never trouble to world again.

Sakura: But what if the world needs them?

Spinel: I have thought of that as well. Should the world require such forces to interfere we would set them free to work their magic and then use the same mental magic to pacify them once more.

Cassiel: And who would make such a call?

Spinel: The world of course. When the world lets out a collective cry for aid from such forces we have no choice but to answer.

Roh: How can you be sure that you won't be corrupted by such power and use them for your own plans?

Spinel: Because watching over them is my plan.

Roh: 1 last question I can think of, why explain to us?

Spinel: Because you are strong and smart individuals. I seek to bring you into the organization. Our goals are the same. We want to protect this world as best we can. I just need to perform a last minute interview of sorts. Any volunteers?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Judas tenses, his teeth grinding, as he glares down at the ground, his fists clenched so tightly that his claws pierced his hands sending a trickle of blood dripping to the ground. He speaks very softly his voice shaking*

Judas: you...you just turn them into invalids...you turned her...

*Cain snaps to, looking at Judas as his skin and hair darkens*

Cain: Judas no!

*Judas dashes forward letting out a thundering roar in a fraction of a second he is standing in front of Spinel holding his swords orb to her throat, the tip of the blade slowly creeping out of it*&

Judas: I am going to...I will MURDER YOU!

*He stares her in the eyes, his own blazing red as he activates his Devil's eye forcing his own will onto hers and attempting to send her hurtling into the darkness of her own sub conscious*

Elder

Spinel puts her finger on the blade and seems a tad surprised but not shocked. Her eyes do not falter.

Spinel: Invalid? Hardly, such a practice would surely result in self destruction. I like to think of it as a soft reset.

She pushes the blade delicately away from her throat.

Spinel: But it seems I have a volunteer. Bloodgrave if you would be so kind, I have a proposal for you.

She walks into an office and sits behind her desk.

Spinel: Please close the door behind you and have a seat.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Judas Still fuming reluctantly follows her*

Cain: Judas, you can't just go in there alone what if--

Judas: It's okay Cain, she's already taken everything from me, theres nothing she can do now.

Elder

When Judas sits down or comes closer to the desk Spinel puts the memory jewel for Ruby on the table, propping it up with her finger.

Spinel: Judas Iscariot Bloodgrave, son of Rezile Bloodgrave, current king of Hell, and one of the most key figures in the world right now. The range of influence you have is quiet large and I'd love to peruse a joint venture with you. Oh of course I wouldn't expect you to partner with me for free oh no. I can give you what you truly desire, what you need.

She picks up the red jewel between her thumb and index finger and holds it in front of her eye.

Spinel: I can return her to the way she was just before she made peace with her death all those years ago. You will be able to pick up where you left off a millennia ago. With Mystic's skill we can rewrite her data. Everything over the past few months, the knowledge of her being the Unifier, the responsibility that comes with it...

She opens up her other hand as if scattering dust on the wind.

Spinel: Gone. All you have to do, is work with me to keep her safe and happy.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
( all these Typos)

*Judas slams his fist on the desk, he stares at Spinel, if looks could kill, this one would cause her to explode from the inside out*

Judas: If ever there was a time you needed to give all this up and walk the ******** away, its right ******** now. Don't insult me, I'm not some lost pup who can't live without the version of her that was, I have no interest in that, That isn't what Love is, I love her for who she was, yes, but I also love her for who she IS. you fix her now, and you leave us Alone, ALL of us, Or I swear on my Father's name I will do whatever it takes to make sure you suffer as much as physically possible. And when the time comes that I finally decide your body will be allowed to die, I will personally reap your soul, and drag you into the darkest most Vile pit of hell, and I will leave you there to endure the grandest of its tortures...and you will be forgotten, because I will personally hunt down and murder everyone who worked with you willingly, Human or otherwise, and I will burn them and these labs to the ground along with all your research! Do I make my self clear?

Elder

(Huh, word didn't seem to have a problem)

Spinel sighs.

Spinel: I had long ago made peace with what will happen when I die. For what I have done I deserve no less. But tell me Bloodgrave. Are you willing to bet the world on her?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Judas takes a deep breath, his voice still shaking with a twinge of Rage, he tries to compose himself*

Judas: you seem to think that the world only rests on her shoulders alone. You forget what you said earlier? The great three. You said they are the biggest bullet the world dodged. I disagree, something in them cared for the lives of every person on the planet, so much that unless absolutely forced to, they tried not to kill...The always tried to reason with their enemies first. The Unifer at the time, Doc, he had a literal Angel and Devil on his shoulder. Kitty's compassion and light hearted point of view, contrasting with my Father's harsh take on reality and Iron will. They had their slip-ups, they were only mortal, as am I...as are you. Ruby is not some out of control monster who does whatever she wants. she protects people, she helps people, and she saves people, from the ones who would have them enslaved, used and murdered. You're nothing more than selfish girl who thinks she knows whats best for the world. how does that make you any different than those you would try to control? Ruby, and Who ever Chaos is - They are forces of nature, something the universe has created to balance our world. you try to control them, and you will be swallowed whole by them.

*he looks at her his eyes stern and serious*

Judas: And I mean what I said, if you don't put her back the way she was, and leave us alone, I WILL come for you. you may think you can control Gods. but I assure you, no one not even a God can control the Devil.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff