Welcome to Gaia! ::

I didn't have the energy to speak and merely nodded and followed, silent as usual. I was biting my tongue, trying to stop my teeth from chattering and was forcing myself to take even breaths so my shivering didn't make noise itself. I would have a fever by midnight or the next morning, I knew. But we had to go on. We had to find the toher pieces.
James led her over to the trees, leaving his dragon behind and knowing it would be safe until morning. He sat down and leaned against a tree, looking up towards Vicereine. "I'm sorry, but I can't start a fire tonight. We don't have enough cover... We'd be tracked down in no time."
"It's fine, it wouldn't help anyways." I replied softly, keeping my voice low, barely above a whisper. I sat down against the same tree, though not right next to him. I didn't want to make him sick - though I doubted I was contagious.
((^That's going to be my last post of the night. My organs are killing me. I have to lay down x_x))
He glanced over to her "Are you ok...? You've been really quite all day..."

((Maybe one more =P))
(( thanks..I appreciate it smile ))

"I'm fine...Probably just..." The lie was on the tip of my tongue but I bit it off. I had to start trusting him and him me or we weren't going to get anywhere. "I'm coming down with a fever." I admitted, trying to shrink into the tree. I hated admitting to weakness.
((Pain gone temporarily ;D))

"Really? o.o Aww... damn..." He got up and took off his cloak, then went over to Vicereine and wrapped it around her. "I'm not really sure how to fix it, but I know I shouldn't let you sleep in the cold." He knelt beside her and scratched his head, wondering what he could do to make her heal faster and how this would hinder the search for the other pieces.

((It returned by the time I finished this post x.x))
"Thank you, don't worry. I can travel when I'm sick. No problem there." I assured him, always thinking efficiently. I knew damn well that what I needed was a day of rest atleast, but I knew we couldn't afford that.

((you shold probably go to bed then.. sweatdrop ))
"We'll see how you feel by morning." He said sternly, with a tone that said he knew she wasn't telling the truth to him. He adjusted his cloak on her subconsciously as he thought then he got up and walked back over to his tree and leaned against it, crossing his arms. "Go to sleep... I'll keep guard tonight."
I was outcold before he even finished speaking to me. My head hanging low on my chest, my long hair concealing my troubled expression as I slept. It would have been a long night otherwise.
James watched over her the entire night, leaning again the tree. It was a pretty quiet night with the exception of a few minor events but nothing big. In the morning, he was still where he was the night before, leaning against the tree. The only difference was now, three bandits lay dead nearby. Remnants of a pety attack during the night.
The smell of congealed blood woke me and I wrinkled my nose. My sense of smell hadnt been knocked out but my eyes were sore and my head was pounding. I turned my head to see James and noticed the three lumps which had to have been the reason for the smell. "I slept through all that, eh?" Iasked, trying not to cough.
"It wasn't much... Just a small group of bandits... They didn't put up much of a fight... Easily eliminated..." He said coldly, his stare unmoving from the pile of bodies. He didn't have a single visable scratch on him. "Did you sleep well...?" He asked, his voiced seemed softer then normal.
"Like a rock...jeez, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to just nod off like that. You should've woken me up for my watch." I grumbled, standing and stretching and regretting it as I leaned heavilly against the tree, holding a hand voer my eyes. I need a bandana or the light is going to kill my head...bloody sunlight. Stupid sun. Who made it so bright anyways?
"I said I would keep guard tonight... I ment the entire night... You needed your sleep." He said, still staring at the pile of rotting bodies. Flies were beginning to swarm around it. 'I should get rid of that soon before a dragon smells the rotting flesh...' he thought to himself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff