Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruby jumped from the branch of a tall tree and landed on the ground softly. She looked around the forest with her penetrating red eyes. She slowly walked farther into the forest, loking for something, always looking ahead, her ears listening for any noise hinting to someone near her.
My bootsteps along the soft path were silent as an owl's downy wing, and I could feel the wind pressing me onward, a comfort. Ever since I had become an exile, I had found much comfort in the wind, so far as to be sure of the voices I heard calling to me from it. 'Join us Tatsu...Join us and be free...' Oh, how she wished she could be, but her answer was always the same. 'Not yet...I'm honourbound to this world...soon, my friends...' "Soon..."
The elven girl was starting to get too far away to see from her perch, so with great reluctance, Jin spread out her wings and dove from the cliff, letting the air current lift her into flight. She flew in the direction that the elven girl was heading and tried to find a place to land where she could watch the girl without becoming a threat to her.
Ruby stopped, hearing something. She slowly looked around, not making any noise. A small spark appeared in between her index and middle finger. She threw the spark to the left swiftly and turned quickly to see a red fox dodging the fire that hit a tree and disappeared. She smirked, "Didn't think you could sneak up on me did you?" The fox looked at her with a gleam in its eyes. 'Of course not Ruby... I was just...' Ruby turned and started walking, "Don't want to hear it Daisuke... Face it... you'll never be able to sneak up on me... no matter what..." The fox surrender and fell into step with Ruby.
The distant crackle of fire rang sharply in my ears and I lengthened my strides, gaining more distance. I was sure I was a fair distance from the elf, I would have found some sign of her following, but that new sound...it unnerved me and I kept on, siddling off the trail and into the trees so my trail was less easy to follow and I had the advantage. //I love being an elf for this reason alone most days...//
The bird chirpped softly and flew away. Xaiko smiled slightly and settled her hand down. Her crimson eyes followed the birds flight and she got herself up and darted after it, running from branch to branch. Her steps as light as a feather. The bird had said something quite unusual and she decided to follow it. 'Why should I care..' the thought had crossed her mind. This wasn't her homeland, but then again to leave a problem might create more problems.
I began zig-zagging through the forest, making long trails one way, then longer ones another way, switching back and forth and even adding a loop to one around a rather large trunk. I wanted to growl, to sing, do something, but my instincts were bent on losing anyone who may try to follow me.
Drat! thought Jin. Something had alerted the elf making her deviate from the path and take to the shelter of the forest. Hoping that she had not been the cause of the alarm, Jin decided to take the chance of flying lower so that she could keep track of the elf. She was wary, though. An elf, especially alone, is not among the races to intimidate.
My hand was reflexively gripping the pommel of my rapier, my other hand gripped to it's handle and ready to pull it out at any moment. Something was about this forest and it made my skin prickle with the forest's unease.
Zig-zags and loopty-loops, following this elf was almost becoming more trouble than it was worth, but Jin still followed the strong instincts telling her not to let the girl out of her sight, at least for the time being. She was in the middle of another loop when something hard crashed against her head...
When she awoke, she opened her eyes to find that she had fallen in front of the elf, and that she was in a lot of pain. The elf was holding a rapier, which was never a good sign, and all Jin could do was hope that she could find a way to let the elf know that she did not wish to harm her. Maybe then she would be allowed to live.
No matter who or what you are, you never expect a dragon to drop from the sky in front of you. Never! Therefore I felt fully justified in standing there like human and gawking, my eyes as wide as saucers, my mouth partly open after my legs had absorbed the tremendous shock of the rolling ground after the dragon hit. I was about to ask her if she was alright, but then I bwondered if that was what you would say to a dragon...I mean, she was, afterall, a d-r-a-g-o-n.
Jin started to try to tell the girl that she didn't wish to harm her, and plead for her life. She got half way through the first sentence before realizing that she was speaking in her own dragon tongue. That might have been ok, but there was no way to tell if the elf could understand dragon, not to mention the fact that the language itself was a low gutteral roar.
She paused for a moment. Ok, elven tongue... she thought. Finally, she remembered the elven tongue and began her plea again.
"I mean you no harm! I promise! I will not strike you if you will not strike me." she said. It sounded a bit distorted. As hard as she tried, she couldn't remove all of the low gutteral sounds of the dragon tongue.
I held up my hands weaponless and relaxed. "believe me, I have no desire to strike you. Are you alright? your wings aren't broken are they, or a leg? How high were you flying? Why'd you fall?" I couldn't help the barage of questions as I stared at her, fairly sure that I wouldn't be of much aid to her other than fending off goblins who would take this chance to strike at her magnifiscent form.
Her breaths were starting to catch up to her, boy she felt like she was out of shape. Chasing after this bird sure was a hard task. The air blew past her as she continued running and jumping from branch to branch, higher and higher up the trees. She stopped suddenly as she lost track of the birds. 'great...' she thought and sat down again, her chest rising and falling with every breath.
"Ah, I knew you were the type to actually listen. I saw it in your aura. Still do." Jin said, getting to her feet. "As for me, I will be alright. Nothing's broken, as I was only five feet above the canopy, but I am quite sore from the fall. And flying is now completely out of the question. I wonder, in your shock from seeing a dragon fall directly in your path, did you happen to see anything large or strong enough to knock out a dragon who was five feet above the canopy fall anywhere nearby? I would like to know what smacked into the side of my head."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff