Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Shoujo

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXX Ƙ Ƴ Ѳ ✧ Ǫ Ʋ Δ Я Ƭ Є Я Ѧ Δ Ƨ Ƭ Є Я
                                              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                              After listening quietly to the captain and watching the situation in the corner with Z passively, Kyo began to rise from her chair. The spines on her back were visible for the first time to Devyn as she shifted to push the chair in before turning back to her and nodding resolutely, "I have some things stored here on the station, so I believe I am going to rent some droids to help me bring my things to the ship. People who work as quartermasters characteristically seem to have more luggage than those that don't, it seems." She paused, smiling almost bashfully, "But once I get those things settled I will head on board and get settled in and begin my work immediately. If there are any supplies you need while we are docked, I will coordinate with your AI. This shore leave will be a good opportunity to get to know the rest of the crew before going off into the great unknown, so I'm grateful for the chance."

Kyo delicately adjusted her kimono, pulling the tie at her waist to make sure it was tightly secured and folding her holo-tablet to fit into a small insert within a black metal bracelet on her wrist. She turned taking a few steps towards the exit before looking over her shoulder at the reclining captain. Kyo found herself fond of the tough, easy-going woman's approach to business. "[b"I do believe a few dark corners of this station have some choice bottles of human scotch. I'll procure one for you as a thanks for giving me this job. I've always been good at guessing what people will enjoy, so it'll be an opportunity to see if I haven't lost my touch yet." She nodded one more time, tucking a stray strand of dark hair behind her ear with a slight, pale hand before turning away finally and strolling out the exit of the Neoberry.

Kyo felt her steps lighten almost imperceptably as she went to retrieve her things from a high-end storage locker facility a few quadrants away. She felt the familiar stares and whisper slide off her back like water. She felt, for the first time in a long time, strangely excited. She was incredibly eager to reach the ship and begin her work - especially to meet the people who would become her companions in the time to come.

A few coins, a few droid rentals, a few special stops at quiet, dimly lit merchants (Kyo knew where to find the good stuff, no matter where you were and no matter what the good stuff was - and she figured showing up on a new ship with some interesting supplies would help her ingratiate herself with the crew), and an hour or so of walking later, Kyo found herself at the entrance to the Hellgazer.

The main door was open and unlocked, but she was warned of the ship's AI by the captain, so as she stepped over the threshold, she spoke aloud, "Hello. My name is Kylora M'Henge and I am to be your new quartermaster. I'm hoping the captain has already notified you of my coming, Mr. Phage." She spoke in her typical quiet, proper matter - her accent was thick and sometimes humans and other races struggled to understand her speak, but she assumed the AI would have no trouble.

"Hopefully she also told you that I managed to convince her to give me a private quarters for my things." She looked behind her to the three droids, all carrying various odds and ends, packaged neatly, "I'd love some direction as to where to place them so I can get to work right away."

She exhaled, patiently waiting for a response.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXLocation: The Soul's Oasis - On her way to the Hellgazer.
                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCompany: Pretty much everyone.
                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXThoughts: "After the sugar rush has ended, I'm going to need a nap..."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
User Image
User Image

═══════════════════════════════════════
Hellgazer A.I., Holographic Projection, Your friendly guide
════════════════════════════════════════
"I AM this ship."

Whilst Ru, and Ingrid sifted among the parts Ru had bought Phage remained in the mainframe continuing his search. Now to explain this whole idea of the mainframe, Phage is essentially at all points of the ship, so he can still hear you, he's just not necessarily paying attention to you. But, that's beside the point, he continued his search as to what his Father could be doing on Tharse, but to no avail. The summons was the last bit of information he was able to acquire. Agitating, to say the least. He thought, just pondering for a moment what they could possibly want to talk about. While overjoyed that his Father was able to return to his home without being immediately imprisoned, the reasons behind it did sit well at all with Phage. Something was clearly going on if they were willing to talk to him in a summons. Most likely something bad, and if it was bad for Nargaskians, it was definitely something to worry about. It was about this time that Phage heard mention of Ingrid receiving access to the ship's network. Something else that worried him, for entirely different reasons.

"I don't know how I feel about that idea." He said gingerly, once again coming into form before them. "It's nothing against you, I just don't know what kind of virus is plaguing your system, and I'm worried you might corrupt something in here." Then he stopped to see that several parts had been assembled and were laying about the room. Slightly taken aback he chuckled for a moment before saying "That's efficiency. Already proving to be a worthy addition to the crew." It definitely wasn't what he expected to come back to but he would definitely take a room littered with assembled parts over a room filled with unassembled parts, or junk. For a droid that appeared to have as many bugs as she did, she certainly did a good a job with the scrap. He smiled briefly at seeing something done in a reasonable amount of time for the first time since he'd been on this ship. And, surviving two crews already, one could say that was a sizable amount. "It seems your deal has definitely payed off Doctor." He murmured from across the room. Phage quickly walked about the room analyzing what was put together, some of it they needed, the rest could be sold, or put in storage for when they inevitably would need it. And, with the career field this ship was in they would inevitably need all of it. "This is good, I'll have a loader readied so we can begin moving things to the appropriate roo-" He began to say but was cut off by someone calling at the door. He definitely didn't expect the captain to find someone that quickly. He hoped she hadn't gone into some bar and just recruited the first person she saw. Something he wouldn't put past her. Regardless of the circumstances they'd been sent by the captain, so he needed to check them out. "One moment please." He said disappearing from the room in a flash.

Phage traveled through the mainframe a mere amount of seconds before reappearing before the lady who'd summoned him. She was a Monfae, a species you didn't see every day. He could tell by the sound of her voice from before, but her visual appearance still surprised him. He didn't know why but the simple act of seeing her there pleased him. Perhaps because she was something new, someone new. He enjoyed learning, and while he knew that he would always learn something new from anyone he met, a Monfae could definitely teach him a lot. He smiled saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Kylora, I'm sad to say no the captain didn't send me any news of your coming. You'll have to forgive her though she's never been one to give notice of anything. But, don't worry I believe she sent you here, simply from the fact you knew the position needed to be filled." That, and he had been programmed to detect lies, only an expert would be able to avoid detection. She had mentioned being accommodated with her own private quarters. This slightly puzzled him, because everyone had their own private quarters, but he shook it off. Some ships required the crew to share quarters with each other, often containing bunks, and whatnot. Fortunately this was not the case here. Everyone had there own space for their own private manners. Phage just wished that some of the crew would make more use of that space. "Right this way." He said walking her down a short hall, to a series of stairs they descended, into another hallway which led to a door, where Phage stopped. "Here is your room, ma'am. The droids accompanying you have been notified of the appropriate route, and will be here shortly. Currently, only our Doctor, and a droid he's recently purchased are aboard, other than myself. They are within the loading bay, one deck below this one, I can take you there to introduce you if you like, or give you a tour of the ship, but I understand if you want to become acquainted with your new room."

Kyo was definitely an interesting addition to the crew, and only time would show her true capabilities in the position, Phage looked forward to getting to know her. He could only imagine what else the captain, and the others could find to bring aboard the ship. Hopefully one of the things was a mechanic.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Company: Kyo directly, Ru and Ingrid indirectly.
OOC: Did you see what I did there? With the thing, and the thing...no? Okay

Tipsy Shoujo

User Image

Kyo followed Phage quietly, her steps making no noise on the metal flooring as she listened to him speak and craned her neck to take in the walls around her. This place was to be her home now, and Kyo was a type to take the concept of home very seriously. She wanted to know it as well as she could as soon as she could. "Thank you for being my guide, Phage. This room is bigger than I expected and I'm looking forward to getting settled in." She paused, looking at him directly, face to face, for the first time. She wasn't sure if it was actual warmth that she felt emanating from his body or if it was just something she imagined due to his fiery coloring. She smiled softly.

"I think I'd like some time to settle in and after that I think I might enjoy the challenge of attempting to find the loading bay without any assistance." She chuckled, "Once I've met the doctor and his droid companion, I'd love to speak to you some more. In order to do my job properly, I'll have to become familiar with the previous quartermaster's organization and data in order to reorganize things more efficiently. I have a feeling you're the hub of all information here." She nodded to help punctuate her sentence. The gentle way she spoke about improving the organization of the ships stores took the edge out of words that could be considered arrogance. Kyo wasn't arrogant - she was just sure of herself.

After saying her goodbye to the ship's AI and watching him blink away, she turned to the droids that had come to her quarters. She asked them to pile all of the containers, large and small, into the center of her room. She assured them she would dispose of all the containers on her own and tipped them each a few creds for their service before turning them away.

The room was approximately 12 feet by 12 feet with a small alcove in the far right corner containing a bunk with a twin-sized mattress. The place was dark grey and dull, but Kyo had the things to bring life to the room. She wasn't ready to unpack everything - not yet - because of her eagerness to meet the others on the ship. She did, however, decide to change her clothing before heading to the loading bay. A bright purple kimono might be a bit bright when making impressions on new people and she preferred to gather impressions on more neutral footing.

"Oh goodness, what a day this has been..." She mumbled to herself as she opened one of her clothing trunks. She pulled out a pair of fitted black high-waisted pants and a white sleeveless shirt. She slipped out of her kimono, folding it and placing it on the pile of clothing in the open trunk and pulled the shirt and pants on. Like all of her clothing, they were sewn with holes in the proper places to accommodate her spines.

Placed against one corner was one of the largest items the droids brought to her room. She strode over to it, barefoot, and pulled the thick grey cloth that wrapped the item to the side to reveal a large mirror - six foot tall and around four feet wide. She would secure it to the wall later, as it was one of her most prized (and slightly indulgent, but Kyo wasn't one to deny such things) possessions. She looked at her reflection. Smooth skin, flat white eyes, a slender body that possessed only the illusion of softness. Kyo let herself indulge in vanity as long as she kept her mission and motives pure, or as pure as they could be. She smiled at her reflection, feeling confident, and turned to pull the black ankle-high boots she was wearing with her kimono back on.

"Okay. Okay." Her thoughts were flowing readily - curiosity, excitement, nerves, interest, and beyond. She stepped out of her quarters, pulling the door shut with a mental reminder to add a locking mechanism when she came back to sort the rest of her things later. She began to walk, turning, up, down, around. She came across a med bay and a dining area. She started panicking slightly after about fifteen minutes of twists and turns until she finally emerged in the loading bay.

Her eyes immediately fell upon the doctor, a Li'a. Her heart beat excitedly. She had never met one before and had always found them to be a fascinating species. She reminded herself to slow her curiosity down in order to be polite before stepping forward with enough sound to make herself known. She looked from the doctor to the droid and back again, raising a slight, pale hand in greeting.

"Hello. I'm the ships new quartermaster. Kylora M'henge. Please call me Kyo. It is a pleasure to meet you." She bowed slightly, leaning upwards again to greet them with a smile.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXLocation: The Hellgazer.
                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCompany: Phage, Ru, Ingrid.
                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXThoughts: "Oh... the Li'a... he's so tall..."

Indulgent Shapeshifter

User Image
        xxxxxxxxιngrιdxxxxxxxxxx▻▻▻ Model: SNPAI-07 ◅◅◅xxxxxx

Dr.Elias seemed a little abashed by the android’s enthusiasm when it came to serving him. There was a noticeable flush of color in his cheeks, before he rubbed his neck and chin considering what the android had to offer. "You may not need to data mine for medical knowledge. I keep several up-to-date medical Data-books on file in the event of having to review. And in case something should befall the crew that I'll need to fix in an emergency." The doctor pointed out, before rising from his make shift seat and stretching a bit. He clarified that the L’ia had very little known information about them and that it would probably be difficult to locate any useful files being that the location of their home world was still shrouded in mystery.

Ingrid felt a little sorry for him that his own race was such a mystery even to him, and she could relate to lonesome feeling of having no true home to go to. Ru did mention that if she managed to find any information relating to his species that he would be very appreciative. The doctor became lost in thought shortly after, and Ingrid regarded him quietly and curiously. "Ah. Sorry. Thinking a bit. As for attaching to the network system, that's up to Phage, not so much me. If he'll allow you to do it, by all means. But locating the missing parts takes priority. It'd be nice not to fail at something other than medical needs."

As if on cue, Phage’s holo-projection hummed on near them. Naturally the ship’s A.I was a little hesitant to allow her access to the network due to the bugs he had discovered in her head. "It's nothing against you, I just don't know what kind of virus is plaguing your system, and I'm worried you might corrupt something in here." The brightly glowing A.I assured her. His attention was quickly captured by the assembled parts around the shuttle bay. "That's efficiency. Already proving to be a worthy addition to the crew."

Had Ingrid had the right equipment she would have gone slightly red in her cheeks from the comments. She was happy to hear that their assumptions about her were becoming more positive. Of course, that could have just been her Cheerful Preset forcing her to be ever eager to please. A part of her was actually getting a little upset that she was being treated or spoken about like some common tool that would misfire if not properly monitored. ‘—But I am a tool…’ Another side of processor tried to reason. Phage’s comment about Ru’s gamble paying off drew her from her internal thoughts.

Just as Ingrid was about to ease the A.I’s worries about having a buggy android on the ship, something seemed to draw Phage’s attention, and his figure blinked out of view. Shrugging and sighing to herself, she’d just have to explain to him how her bug worked later; she could still gain access to a functioning network while here on the station. –But after they had left port she would be forced to seek out Phage again for network access.

“Well, seeing as Phage is currently busy, I could take it upon myself to go and retrieve the final pieces that the ship still requires.” The female android settled up next to Ru and glanced down at the list in his hands. He had marked down what they had already but there were still a few pieces missing such as a Sueridium Hose, and Reloader Coiler. After scanning the holo-tablet and uploading the list to her data base, another being suddenly happened onto the scene. She was significantly smaller in stature compared to her master, but her look was nearly as unique as his. Immediately Ingrid’s bioscanner gave the newcomer a once over, and the word Monfae popped up on her internal display. “Well, another rarity! What are the odds!” Ingrid chimed like a bell as the pale skinned woman sauntered over. The Monfae's eyes were noticeably locked onto her Li’an master, and Ingrid could feel a certain atmosphere beginning to thicken. A little awkward, she knew that being a simple service droid was nothing out of the ordinary, and felt as though she should go about her duties, and leave the organics to work out their introductions.

The woman introduced herself as Kylora M’henge, the new quartermaster. “Ah, Lovely to meet you Mistress M’henge. If I can assist you in anyway please let me know.” Turning her attention over to Ru, she uttered. “I’ll let you handle things here, I’m afraid I have some parts to track down~” She nearly giggled the sentiment as if she were excited to get started. To tell the truth, Ingrid was just anxious to get off the ship and have a better look around, it had been two full years since her last activation and each time she awoke to a new master she found that the world around her was always changing at such a quick rate. She wondered what awaited her on the station.

Leaving the Li’a and the Monfae to sort out their introductions, Ingrid made her way towards the ship's exit. Although it was her first time on the ship, it was easy enough to navigate her way out. It felt strangely liberating to be out and about on her own, but she did have an objective, though no one told her not to dawdle. The quietness of the shuttle bay of the HellGazer was a stark contrast to loud hustling and bustling metropolis that was the Oasis. Although it was anything but an Oasis; most shops on the station seemed very open and nonchalant about the ‘specialty’ items they stocked and other establishments simply ignored the rowdy and half drunken patrons spilling out onto the winding streets. It certainly was a rowdy place, and for a moment Ingrid was a little nervous walking around on her own. Well as long as no one tried to abduct her, she wouldn’t have to put a hole through anyone’s faces using her plasma cannon.
        Soon enough Ingrid came across a remotely accessed informational terminal, usually used to guide the lost. This was perfect for Ingrid’s means. Quietly, like a mouse; she settled up next to the terminal and pulled a cord from the nape of her neck. The wire extended easily and as she held the connector over the port to the terminal, the cord’s connector bloomed like a mechanical flower before, spinning and readjusting itself to adapt to the port of the terminal. Once it had completed its transformation, Ingrid plugged in and logged on. The terminal's firewalls came down easily; it was obvious that security on the station was little to none, as no alarms or secondary defense firewalls went up as Ingrid hacked into the stations network like a hot knife going through coded butter.

Soon enough, Ingrid had downloaded blueprints and schematics of the station, which allowed her to get a clear picture of all the active stores. Using the schematics, she entered in the names of the repair pieces she needed and quickly enough a comprehensive list of parts dealers and their locations lit up on the internal map she had just created. Luckily enough there was a repair shop nearby that carried just what they needed to complete the list. Detaching from the terminal, but permanently routing herself onto the station's network, Ingrid began heading over to the store she had located. To her delight, the store was clean and looked to be well run. –but the best part was the droid the shop keeper was using to run the register. That would make her job more than easy. She almost felt a little bad. Suddenly a feeling of completely level-headedness came over her, and her internal processor whirled as the preset 'Cool' slid into place and knocked 'Cheerful' effectively offline.

Collected and completely calm, Ingrid’s face showed no emotion as she entered the shop. Already being connected directly to the station’s network, she didn’t have to physically hook up to the shop’s droid. Looking around to make it appear as though she was browsing; she was actually uploading the list of parts to the shop’s droid, who in turn placed them into the shop’s leger for delivery. As for payment, Ingrid smoothly handled that by routing the charges over to a dock on the opposite side of the station. They wouldn’t be able to track the ‘purchase’ back to the Hellgazer, and now the ship would be getting its replacement parts and they would be getting them for free.

Smugly the android watched as another pair of droids appeared from the back with boxes of neatly packed parts, completely new and unused. Comfortably capable of lifting and handling several heavy boxes at once. Ingrid quietly picked up a box under each arm and left the shop without another word. She was calm as if, this was just another normal activity on the station, and no one knew the wiser.

Heading back to the Hellgazer with parts in hand, she entered the ship without waiting for Phage to welcome her at the door. Knowing where the rest of the parts already were, she headed toward the shuttle bay to put these with the others. Ru and the new quartermaster seemed to be chatting it up while she had been away. So Ingrid just went about unpacking the rest of the supplies while the organics went about their business.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        ✛ нealтн/energy levelѕ ✛

User Image╰☆╮User Image╰☆╮User Image╰☆╮User Image

cυrrenт perѕonalιтy preѕeт
        Custom ▪ Haughty ▪ ▹Cool◃ ▪ Cheerful ▪ Timid ▪ Amorous ▪ Aggressive

➟ cυrrenт locaтιon - the Hellgazer
        ➟ cυrrenт parтy - Master Ru, Mistress M'henge, Phage
        ➟ cυrrenт oвjecтιve - Obtain Parts

Dangerous Codger

User Image
    ❧ ❀ R u v a h n ❂ E l i a s ❀ ❧
    L'ia ❀ Hellgazer Doctor ❀ Botanist ❀ Plant Guy
    "Turn and cough."
    ✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★✪★

Ru nodded a bit as he listened to Phage. Looking to Ingrid and managing an apologetic shrug. When Phage continued on about her usefulness, he put a hand on his hips.
                                    "I'm sure she'll be an excellent crewmate."
                                    He blinked as Phage flickered away, leaving him and Ingrid alone in the bay. She slid over to him and began checking the list. He angled the holo-tablet to let her get a better view.
                                    "I'd appreciate it if you could, Ingrid. Lord knows I'm about as tech savvy as an eggplant."
                                    Ru stopped a second, puzzling over if that particular phrase was racist. Him being partially plant himself. Not eggplant though. He wasn't sure he'd ever managed a fruiting or budding species. If he could, he could grow plants and obtain seeds all on his own. As it as though, his ingestion of vegetables had not given him the power to grow said vegetables from his own body using his powers. Perhaps he needed to eat the entire plant itself...
                                    He was snapped out of his thoughts by the new presence. Ingrid seemed pleased with the new crew member, and when Kyo introduced herself she politely offered her services before skipping off. Saying she as going to get the part. Ru's brow furrowed and he called after her.
                                    "Ingrid! Be careful! I want you coming back safe and sound you hear!?"

Ru suddenly realized he was sounding like the Droid's father with talk like that. He doubted mom would be happy with her granddaughter being a droid. But seeing as her son was a 7 foot plant thing, maybe it wasn't that far fetched. Ru looked down at Kyo and gave a gentle smile. Extending a hand to her.
                                    "Dr. Ruvahn Elias. At your service. If you ever need patched up just come see me. Oh. And just call me Doc or Ru."
                                    He tilted his head to the side, marveling at the pure white of her eyes. Scientific curiosity wondering how they worked. But that was a cold way to think about a new quest. Especially one so polite and aesthetically pleasing.
                                    "I'm afraid I don't have a wealth of knowledge in Monfae anatomy. So I'm hoping you remain patient with me and help me serve properly as your ship's doctor. If you could teach me anything of your anatomy, by all means do not hesitate to do so either."

Ru stopped, brow furrowing.
                                    "....Oh dear... I fear that may have sounded like an innuendo..."

"Now you might feel a slight sting, followed by a hot feeling in your veins, then utter numbness.
                                    Don't worry, I'm a trained professional."

Company: Ingrid, Phage, Kyo
                                    Mood: Got this weird tingle like I'm back in dad's lab but I'm not the one in the white coat

Tipsy Shoujo

User Image

The energy and eagerness the droid possessed were startling to Kyo. She blinked a few times, dumbfounded, as she spoke to her in her light tenor. "Please just call me Kyo, Ingrid. We are equals here." She nodded resolutely, giving a slightly awkward but ultimately friendly smile as she spoke. Before she bounded off, Kyo added quietly, "I look forward to getting to know you better." She watched her skip away quietly, her head turned, before she noticed that the silence between her and the Doctor. She turned again, facing him.

When he extended a hand to her in greeting, she accepted, feeling a strange, slight blush cross her cheeks when she saw how tiny and pale her hand looked in his. She let him finish speaking before interrupting, finding herself enjoying the way he fumbled over his words slightly as he spoke to her. A light, airy laugh left her lips as he mentioned her anatomy.

"Ru." She said his name once, aloud, giving it a test run. "Well, Ru, I fear that if I am to share with you the secrets of my anatomy, you must afford me the same pleasure. I have never met one of your kind before and I am nothing if not curious." She smiled cheekily, surprised at the easy way with which she spoke to the good doctor.

After a slight pause she started again, "I am considered quite tall for my kind and yet you dwarf me. Is it true that you can independently control the make-up of your body to form new appendages and change your height, et cetera, at will?"

Her eyes trailed up and down his frame but she had switched from the casual flirtation of a moment prior to a cool curiosity. Her head tilted slightly to the left as she bit her lip, thinking, not letting enough time pass for him to answer her first question before asking a second, "I'd also love to know more about the Li'a supposed ability to immediately synthesize new plant life through the consumption of flowers and seeds. I'm woefully un... knowledgeable as to how that would even work..." She trailed off, the pointer and middle fingers of her right hand idly pulling at a piece of long, dark hair that had escaped her braid.

"I'm sorry. I must sound terribly rude. You're just... fascinating. I have spent a lot of time around humans in the recent past and it has been a long time since I have met an individual of a species for the first time." She blushed darker now, more readily, the redness spreading across the bridge of her nose and all the way to the lobes of her ears.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCompany: Ru.
                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXThoughts: "Great job at a first impression, Kyo. Mistress of cool and mystery, my a**."

Dangerous Lunatic

8,175 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Citizen 200
    • First step to fame 200
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    ༼ Lagiacrus ༎ Render ༽
    Sullain I Hellgazer Gunner I People Person I Gun Show
    "Lock and Load, baby."
    ༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆༆

"Lagicrus Render. You call me Lagi. Everyone else does." He said as he lead Z down the street towards the docks. "On the ship, I've been sort of the every man. Need it fixed? I'm your man. Need it cleaned? Sure thing. Need it shot? When exactly did you want those sexual favors? It's nice to be able to show someone more qualified what we're working with. It'll give me more time with the guns. Originally, that was what I was hired on for. I just sorta did the other jobs because no one else really had the skill set. I'm ex-military, you see. Sullain Covert Ops. Did you hear about the Frazier Mesa incident? When all those civilians got killed because of bad info? Appearently that was my fault. I have no idea how, considering I was on Terra at the time for an espionage mission. Regardless, I escaped on the Hellgazer here and have been part of the crew ever since. Honestly, I'd love to see how the galaxy has spun the news on me."

Lagi chattered on for a while until he had lead Z aboard the Hellgazer, still going over the nonsense that had happened to him, reliving his life aboard the Hellgazer up until they had arrived on Soul's Oasis. By that point, Lagi had provided a brief tour of the Hellgazer, finishing up at the salvage bay, where Lagi had been doing most of his pseudo-mechanic work. "...Although that time, it wasn't so much that they were shot in the head so much as had their entire upper torso devored by an alien worm monster. Shame too. Great set of tits. Regardless, I feel its important to share with the crew. I mean, can you really trust someone who hides important s**t from you?" Lagi said, finishing the story he had been telling during the tour and leaning against a work bench. "But, like I said, that's why we're here, and that's why you're here. So, I thusly extend the hand of employment." He hit the edge of the work bench and the draws popped open, revealing various kinds of drugs and alcohols. "Only, instead of a hand, it's narcotics and booze." He said, smirking and picking up a vial of neon blue goo and inspecting it. "Only rule is never deplete the supply below half, unless, you know, you're gonna die without it. Also, don't tell the captain or the Doc about this. As far as they know, I'm just really good at sealing deals on good looks and charm alone."

"You may think you have us surrounded, but you've actually only got too choices. Give up and surrender, my preferred option, or, less fun, meet the boys. And trust me, they're cranky from their nap."

Company: Zenith
                                    Thoughts: "Gotta love 'em tall"

Dangerous Codger

User Image
    ❧ ❀ R u v a h n ❂ E l i a s ❀ ❧
    L'ia ❀ Hellgazer Doctor ❀ Botanist ❀ Plant Guy
    "Turn and cough."

Ru blinked a bit. Unlike her, he was used to towering over most everyone. He hadn't felt small since the last time his mother had scolded him. And he hadn't been back to see them in a long, long time. He scratched at his head a bit when she mentioned sharing his anatomy with hers?.. were they flirting? ...How did dating even work for a L'ia? He'd yet to encounter any in the various space ports that were capable of giving him "the talk." So he was sadly in the dark about his own reproductive processes. He as about to explain that he was a L'ia when she asked him about the species. He was used to people not knowing what he was, but she seemed to know what the L'ia were. Fascinating, and instilling some hope in finding others who had met others like him.

His mouth opened a bit before she started in again. She was curious, extremely so. He would have felt uncomfortable but the way she tugged at her loose hairs and suddenly seemed rather shy made his lips close again. Blinking at her. Well. he knew enough to know he found her cute when she blushed. Ru just waved a hand softly.
                                    "Someone with an honest scientific curiosity about my species is not what I would consider rude. I've received threats and insults based on how I look. Now THOSE are rude."
                                    He patted her shoulder reassuringly as he looked at the parts they did have. Some weren't going to be needed, but may be of use to the new mechanic. He looked over his shoulder and smiled at her.
                                    "To answer your first question, and show off a bit..."
                                    Ru grew about 1/2 a foot taller, and wider. Tendrils slipping out his back as he lifted a half-assembled something from the left over parts and put it aside. Moving things that were on the list separate from things that weren't on the list. Talking as he did so.
                                    "I don't know about creating new plant life. It's true we can make replicas of things we've devoured, but the process still eludes me. I've been researching into my own body but the process is still a mystery. I now we have an ability to rewrite and manage DNA when we're seedlings. But again the process is... well hard to study. Given how rare we are.
                                    But there's no need to be sorry. I find you fascinating as well."

"Now you might feel a slight sting, followed by a hot feeling in your veins, then utter numbness.
                                    Don't worry, I'm a trained professional."

Company: Ingrid, Phage, Kyo
                                    Mood: Finding this girl cute and awkward...and feeling awkward

Indulgent Shapeshifter

User Image

Finishing up with unpacking the newly obtained parts, Ingrid focused back on her master and the new comer. She was a little hesitant to interrupt being that they were hitting things off, but Ingrid’s cool preset had little patience for manners. She sauntered over with her hands on her hips as though she were resting her palms in invisible pockets. Her demeanor from earlier had completely shifted. The once cheerful and lively android was suddenly quiet and calm. The look in her eyes was different as well, and her blues had claimed a cold, yet dull interest in them. She watched the two rare species go back and forth about specifics of their races, and before long Master Ru seemed to be showing off. He demonstrated his physical prowess for the Monfae female, and Ingrid couldn’t help but slightly smirk at the awkward interaction of hormonal organics.

Scratching with a single metal digit near one of her headsets, she finally interrupted. “If you love birds will excuse the interruption –I believe I’ve completed the list of parts required.” She looked back at the boxes she had just unpacked and then glanced back at the good doctor who had begun further sorting spare pieces. “If there’s anything else you need boss man --just give me a holler.” She began walking away nonchalantly. It seemed the doctor was busy with his guest and being programmed to stay out of the way during such interactions, Ingrid turned her attention onto the next set of tasks. “—Don’t mind me, I’ll just drift about till I find the med-bay. I’ll get a jump on those medical logs—“ She stretched and yawned as if even that tasked bored her. Folding her arms behind her head she began wandering the interior of the ship.

From the looks of it, the Hell Gazer was a standard freighter albeit a bit roomier than most. Ingrid had been on a ship like this before at least once or twice, but that had been when she was traveling with a former master. During those years, she was used as a bodyguard and personal servant. Although she had met many beings during those travels, hardly any of them were memorable, as no one had truly ever taken enough interest in her to stop and talk with her. Most of the time she was just dismissed as a lifeless robot and that was the treatment she had come to expect from most sentient beings. She had come to terms with being a form of 2nd class life-form in the eyes of others, and this helped her cope with much of the harsh reality that came with being a service android. She only hoped the crew aboard this ship wouldn’t force her to complete any demeaning tasks like previous owners had. After walking for a bit, she found herself heading down a long and open corridor, most likely leading to one of the main centers of the ship such as the command center. Ingrid wasn’t looking for the command center, but added the passage way to the schematic she was slowly forming in her database. A small map of the ship would help her to get around faster in the future.

✛ нealтн/energy levelѕ ✛

Custom ▪ Haughty ▪ ▹Cool◃ ▪ Cheerful ▪ Timid ▪ Amorous ▪ Aggressive

➟ cυrrenт locaтιon - the Hellgazer [Wandering Interior]
          ➟ cυrrenт parтy - N/A
          ➟ cυrrenт oвjecтιve - Locate Medical Bay

Tipsy Shoujo

User Image

Kylora knew that her knowledge of the Li'a would be startling to the doctor. She hadn't met one, in person, before him. Her mother had, though. The story was one of her mother's oldest secrets, though - if it was to be shared, it would not be done so readily. Li'a or not, she liked the way his words came from his mouth when he spoke, an awkward but intelligence cadence she could easily follow.

A short, gleeful exclamation came out of her mouth as he changed shape in front of her. The ease with which his body moved in such peculiar ways was captivating. "Oh my. That is incredible! I practice a type of martial artistry that is distinctive to the Monfae people called Nai Unhu. It takes advantage of our small stature and teaches us to move fluidly. I'd like to think of myself as an expert on such easy motion, but you have me beat!" She smiled again.

She strode around the pile of items he was organizing as he spoke, feeling compelled to no longer stand completely still. She kept her gaze on him for the most part, letting it wander around the room, taking in small details as she grew more comfortable in her situation. "If you ever want an extra pair of eyes or hands to help with your experimentation, I'd be more than happy to assist you with your search. As a working quartermaster, I have a penchant for collecting things. My favorite thing to collect is knowledge." She turned her back to him, gazing to the large, now closed, opening they had carried the supplies in through. She tensed her back and her spines flexed out horizontally before settling back into their natural forty-five degree angle resting position.

She turned her head back, looking at him over her shoulder, "Actually, as a collector of things..." She turned around, blinking a few times, pausing to collect her words and her thoughts, "I have a small collection of seeds from species indigenous to my home planet. I'm not exactly a great botanist, so it would be mutually beneficial for me to give some of them to you. You could help me grow them and add some new plant life to your... repertoire of sorts, and I could have a piece of a home I dearly miss." She closed her eyes completely for a moment, pulling in a deep breath. Her heart twinged a little bit at the thought of her home world but with her exhalation she pushed it away and brought herself back to the present moment.

Before she could say another word, they were interrupted by Ingrid's return. Her demeanor was different and the way she spoke to them was not unkind, but was distinctly different than the way she had spoke earlier. Kyo wasn't sure if this was normal so she didn't say anything aloud before the droid walked off again. She stepped closer to Ru, lowering her voice conspiratorially, "Did I do something to upset her? Would you like to go after her or is she okay? I'm not familiar enough with the crew here yet to know if it's normal, but her personality seemed to change quite drastically from when I met her just twenty minutes ago." She shrugged, her eyes meeting his directly, questioningly.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCompany: Ru, Ingrid.
                                                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXThoughts: "I hope I haven't made a fool of myself. There's so much I can learn here. And... something... something feels different. New. Strange. Weirdly enjoyable."

Beloved Friend

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Z had tried to reply to the question about Frazier Mesa incident, but Lagi had simply keep on talking without giving her a chance to speak. Oddly enough she was okay with this for the time being, if he wanted to blab on and on about his self the so be it. He was not asking questions about her.

Z had listened intently to what he said right up till they got to the ship, at that point all bets were off if she was actually listening to a word he said. The ship was stunning, in a little bit of rough shape but stunning none the less. She had a love for older tech as much as she did for creating new things from nothing but scraps. Ignoring Lagi completely now she wondered away from him from time to time as he gave it little and not the best tour of the place, but she would show back up at his side before too long... Only to drift away once more her eyes caught on something. What she stopped to look at was anything from something needing to be fixed or an interest in how they improvised on parts. The only other thing her mind did, well she followed Lagi ignoring his banter about his past, was go over the pros and cons of working on this ship.

'If the rest of the crew is anything like this guy then it would not be so bad being here, however if any of them happen to have an issue with Nargaskians... As it is I'm staring down a Sullain and thinking of joining the crew hes part of.' The thoughts fired without order or sense, she could feel the tugs of the drop coming on. However, she was not all that interested in walking hand in hand with the devil she called withdrawal. 'If this guy does not hurry up and get to the goods I will turn around and walk away despite how much I want to be here besides the mostly free drugs.' With that thought she smirked wondering how long it would take him to notice that her 7'2" frame was no longer following him. But as if to read her mind he seemed to come to a stop and finished his most recent story. As he did this she eyed the area around them before her eyes turned and fell on him as he spoke of not hiding things from your crew because then how could they trust you. 'You may think like that little man but not all of us do. I am more than happy to keep you in the dark about my dirty little secrets.' She said her smirk growing wider as she watched him.

"You are talking to someone who lives to be high 24/7 about depleting a supply. What do you think I am some first time junky that don't know what their doing?" She said and managed to bite back the flare of anger. Instead she thought she would give him her rules and so she walked up to him standing barely half a foot from him as she took the vial from him looking down at his face. "My only rule is that when I tell ya the ship can't do something it can't do it... yet. However, if I tell ya I can't or won't fix something I have damn good reasons for it and you will simply have to deal." She said that last bit directed right at him as she flicked his mechanical arm.

If someone walked in the room right that this would look like one of those cheesy old human movies but the roles were reversed. Instead of the woman being smaller and backed up against something it was Lagi with Z quite happy to use her height to look down on him. The only other difference was that Z was not likely to kiss him... No she was more likely to kill him, as she slipped further and further close to that Devil of hers. Her mind was racing, what she wanted was in her hands but she had a rule she would not let anyone see her on the first few moments of a fresh high. If not to make it worse she did not think Lagi was about to leave her be just yet, though maybe he would. Maybe he was not into the whole woman showing power and she definitely was. Had she been in his shoes she would have felt so small with someone her size staring down at her, and not just that Z was not a skinny little twig she could not be. Mechanic meant heavy lifting and all that jazz that went with it all.

She gave her head a violent shake trying to clear away the scattering of thoughts in her head, her grip tightened on the vial as she waited for what Lagi had to say to all that she had said, unlike him she could not go on and on forever.

xx_____________________________________________________________________
                    Z | Mechanic | Hellgazer | Unstable | Drifting Toward the Devil | Are you done talking yet? | Lagi

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
      • Megathread 100
      • Tycoon 200
      • Mark Twain 100
      User Image
      User Image

"I AM this ship."

Having gotten Kylora settled at her room, Phage returned to the loading bay, or well his attention turned there, he never bothered to come into form. He spent a brief amount of time re-analyzing the items that Ingrid assembled there before marking off everything on their list. It wasn't long before Kyo made her way there herself in a new set of clothes. Almost immediately her and Ru began to engage in conversation, that became...awkward rather quickly. Just as that had begun though Ingrid saw herself out, leaving the ship entirely to acquire the remaining parts. Well that's interesting. He thought as he observed her disappear into the crowds of people outside. She had no credits on her, and the remaining parts were no handout. That spelled out one thing to Phage, illegal. The crew had only been on this station for a few hours, and already they were committing crimes. What's worse is that this crew member had only joined roughly and hour ago. It seemed no matter who came on board, they were always up to mischief, or stealing, or killing, or anything else that society looked down upon. In the grand scheme of things it didn't truly matter to Phage, so long as no one got caught doing said acts, or at the very least could talk their way out of trouble. But, Ingrid was new, he was unsure of her capabilities, plus there was the issue of the bugs, and the encrypted files in her programming. Who knew what could be waiting to go off in there. Another bridge they'd have to cross when the time came for it. At least Phage would see what she was capable of if she did indeed return back with the parts. And, when she came back would be when Phage 'interrogated' her. In the meantime Phage ran a few systems checks to make sure everything was still at the correct setting, and running appropriately. Kyo, and Ru's conversation was like background noise to it.

Some time later, Lagi, and a woman Phage didn't recognize showed up, and came into the ship. Immediately they made for the med bay, but before Phage could question Lagi about the woman's identity, Ingrid returned. She headed back into the loading bay and unpacked the parts she had gone to acquire. Something was different, Phage could already see it. Her body language, wasn't the same as before. Rather than being perky, she exuded a feel of calm, as if she was in control of the entire situation. She even further proved this hypothesis when she finally approached Kyo, and Ru. When she spoke it came off quite relaxed, where as before she had been excited, and cheerful...That was it. Her personality preset had changed. The fact that it could change on it's own was news to Phage, but he had expected something of the sort to be accounted for in her programming. Quickly she told the two that the parts were there, and left, apparently looking for the med bay. Luckily, she didn't know where it was, so she'd be wondering around aimlessly for a bit. It was time for Phage to make friends. She had been walking down a corridor on the same deck as the loading bay, which wasn't on the same level as the med bay. All that was here was storage compartments, and an airlock, like every other deck, totaling at five. After she had been wandering for a bit Phage finally appeared immediately in front of her. "Boo." He said with a mild chuckle before continuing, "I see you have acquired the remaining parts for the ship's repairs. I'd love to know how you managed to do this, seeing as you have no money. You didn't happen to steal them did you? You know how we feel about stealing right?" He chuckled again, his arms positioned behind his back. "Our medical facilities aren't on this floor by the way, I can give you a tour of the ship so you can become more acquainted with your new home, if you'd like?" It was at this time that he remembered he was supposed to move a loader for Ru, so that the parts could be taken to the correct area when needed. So now he finally moved one into place, without announcing it making a ruckus in the loading bay. Of course he knew what was going on, but to the two in the loading bay, it might come off as a bit startling.

After he had done that he returned his attention back to Ingrid. She was quite perplexing to him, a droid with so many mysteries needing to be solved. In his time aboard the Hellgazer none of the other two crews had ever owned a droid, but he had been around a few when he was still with his father. Other than that the only thing close to an automaton he'd been around was Sullain. And, Lagi wasn't exactly what he'd call the standard Sullain. The point was this was the first time Phage was able to talk to someone similar to him, and it was refreshing. With that thought, he let out a welcoming smile.

Company: Ingrid
      OOC:Bed time now!

Indulgent Shapeshifter

User Image

Just as Ingrid was calmly making her way down the quiet hall, Phage’s figure blinked on right in her path within a fraction of a second. Had she been organic the sudden appearance and chuckled ‘boo’ probably would have startled her. Instead Ingrid simply stared at Phage with half lidded eyes. Her arms crossed over her chest as she regarded him, and her stance was almost impatient. Phage remarked about her acquiring the remaining parts, but was more than curious as to how she had come to acquire them. “--You didn't happen to steal them did you? You know how we feel about stealing right?" The A.I probed while folding his arms behind his back, making his holographic chest appear more barreled and authoritative. Ingrid froze for a moment, her blue eyes went wide for a split second and her processor began fighting an internal struggle with her presets. Part of her felt as though he was dangerously onto her, but her cool preset insisted that she was still in control.

“—generous donation, bro… Guess I’m just lucky like that…” She shrugged and looked away, still feeling her presets arguing with one another. “--and no, I’m afraid I’m not aware about how we feel about stealing… How do we feel about stealing?” She eyed him challengingly. He may have held some authority over her but he was still just another synthetic like her, --and she wasn’t programmed to answer to synths. Luckily the subject seemed to get dropped momentarily at least. Phage went on to point out that the Med-bay was nowhere on this deck and was friendly enough to offer her a tour, he even went as far as calling it her ‘new home’. Part of her felt a little bad for being so stand-offish, but to tell the truth she had never really had interaction with synthetics like herself. Most of the time she was too busy being bossed around and running errands. Plus most A.I and droids she had met lacked a certain depth. Most synthetics were very two dimensional; most being built solely for servicing and not for thinking and interacting. Phage made Ingrid a little uncomfortable because he seemed very different from most run-of-the-mill A.Is. Not only was he a unique program with unique reactions that weren’t preset emotions like hers, but he was also omnipresent on the ship. He was almost too aware for her tastes and Ingrid liked her privacy; it was the only time she felt truly free to think her own thoughts.

There was no where she could escape though, so she reluctantly accepted the A.I’s offer. She also hoped he wouldn’t press her further on the parts. She had done ‘purchases’ like this more than dozens of times and it was nearly fool-proof --nearly… Finally the battle between presets came to a conclusion as Ingrid’s anxiety over Phage’s sudden interest had effectively called her ‘Timid’ preset online. Ingrid’s once nonchalant and defiant stance melted away. Her arms uncrossed and the android was now fiddling with her fingers nervously. Her eyes refused to meet Phage’s and her figure almost crumpled beneath itself as if Ingrid wanted to hide. “I-I…. F-fine… if it’s not too much trouble.” She stammered and sighed, her voice had died down to a near whisper as she addressed Phage, “ --I mean… You m-must be busy… -and I-I’m just an a-android… You d-don’t have to b-bother being c-courteous to me… but –could you at least show me to the medical bay…” Her head hung low and the android stared up at the A.I through a curtain of gold created by her hair.

✛ нealтн/energy levelѕ ✛

Custom ▪ Haughty ▪ Cool ▪ Cheerful ▪ ▹Timid◃ ▪ Amorous ▪ Aggressive

➟ cυrrenт parтy - Phage

Devoted Lunatic

11,075 Points
        • Megathread 100
        • Tycoon 200
        • Mark Twain 100
        User Image
        User Image

"I AM this ship."

The next few moment were quite amusing, watching Ingrid's processors struggle on how to properly respond to his inquiry. Finally what seemed to be her Timid preset won out, causing her to respond to him ever so shyly. Phage was a bit embarrassed about the whole ordeal, he was simply playing a joke, but he could see how he might taken seriously, with him being an A.I., and with Ingrid being new to the ship and all. "Don't worry Ingrid, you're not in trouble, the captain and I do not really care if our crew members borrow things without asking, so long as they don't get caught." He said in a reassuring tone, a smile flashing over his face, "It's just better if you let us know ahead of time, before pulling a heist." He chuckled light-heartedly . She seemed reluctant to the offer of a tour, but Phage wasn't sure if that was in response to him interrogating her, or if she truly just wanted to get to the med bay. "Being cooped in the ship since our arrival has given me plenty of time to finish all of my duties, and you have expedited the process I expected to take the longest." He mentioned referring to the parts. "So no, I'm not busy at all. " He replied to her stammering. He was taken aback by the comment on her only being an android, as if it were a reason to not talk to her, or ignore her altogether. Did Ingrid truly think that lowly of herself, or was it her timid preset displaying some lack of confidence, in a form of self-loathing. "Ingrid you really mustn't look at yourself in that way. You're not 'just' and android, you're a sentient being, built by someone who felt you were important enough to be made in the first place. My creator felt there was need for me to be made, and so did yours. We might not be organic, but that doesn't make us any less important than anyone on this ship. My courtesy isn't limited to those who are organic, and you shouldn't think that only organics deserve it Now please, don't refer to yourself in such a low manner again ." Phage said with passion in his voice, he had a bit of a stern look on his face for a moment before it faded back to his soft look of inquiry. Phage had already been through his battle of oppression with organics before this crew came to be on the Hellgazer. He knew what it was like to feel as if he were a lesser being, and he wouldn't allow someone else to be treated the same way, that was something he felt very strongly about. Of course no one had committed such an act yet, but the point still stood that he'd fight for anyone in such a position. Who knew what Ingrid had been put through by former owners, hopefully it wasn't anything drastic enough to effect her impression of organics forever. Even though some organics treated machines like second class citizens not all were the same, and it was just as bad for machines to view themselves as a superior being to organics. Thoughts like that started conflicts, and if machines were to make any sort of progress in this world then that was the last thing they needed. Besides, Phage was rather fond of organics, especially the ones currently residing in his ship, they made things entertaining. He'd hate to see them all eradicated.
                                      "So now I'll ask once again, may I give you a tour of your new home, or would you rather I just take you to the medical facilities?"

His sensors showed that Lagi, and his new lady friend were currently in the med bay as well, so it might do good to show Ingrid somewhere else first, if she allowed him. Who knew what those two were up to, luckily this woman wasn't the same as the women who usually payed Lagi cordial visits, but something about her just seemed a tad off. She had appeared to be human, but judging from her height that wasn't the case unless she was indeed an oddity. But, that was only the beginning of what Phage had to be concerned about.

Crowley had essentially disappeared once they had gotten to the station, everyone said where they were going other than him. All he had uttered while leaving was something about business. He seemed upset, but that could've been from the leg injury, and he'd had a long encrypted message while on the way here. Hopefully it was nothing huge he had to deal with, but for some reason Phage had the sinking feeling he wasn't coming back. Of course he hoped this to be just wild speculation, Crowley had been a key member of the crew, it'd be terrible to lose him. Phage didn't even quite understand why he had this feeling to begin with, but whatever the reason it was there now, and it made itself known in the back of Phage's head. Just one more thing they'd have to deal with when it became certain.

At the very least the quartermaster problem had been solved, but there was still the issue of a mechanic, and a pilot for the ship. Phage couldn't bare another joy ride like the one the captain took them on while headed here. Luckily, judging from Kyo, the captain knew how to pick them well. So hopefully she'd find a navigator for the ship relatively soon with any luck.

But all of that could be dealt with later. Right now, Phage was there with Ingrid, awaiting her response. His thoughts could wait till after her tour.

Company: Ingrid
        OOC: Ta Da Crowley is set up to be gone

Indulgent Shapeshifter

User Image

The A.I., Phage seemed to want to put Ingrid at ease, and disclosed the fact that he and the captain didn’t discourage stealing as long as the person was skilled enough to get away with it. That sounded very familiar and Ingrid was slightly relieved but still on edge. She had come to understand that people often said one thing but would enforce the complete opposite should the situation benefit them. The android eyed the A.I sheepishly, wondering if his laid back and friendly disposition was something that had been programmed in originally. He assured her that he wasn’t busy at the moment due to some of her efforts, but the next string of words from his mouth completely threw Ingrid for a loop. A look of concern claimed his features and he spoke with much ardor about how Ingrid and himself were more than just pieces of machinery, and that they were sentient beings built for a purpose and thusly were just as important as anyone else.

For a moment Ingrid’s timidness died away and a spark of life twinkled in her eye as she regarded him quietly. The small twinkle of hope died away soon after, though. ‘—Awfully idealistic isn’t he?’ Ingrid thought to herself with a bittersweet expression crossing her features if just for a moment. She couldn’t understand how an A.I had come to be so aware, and had come to form such a sense of self value. Could they really be considered sentient? –or was their sentience simply some grand illusion caused by clever programming? They were created to serve organics… that was their original purpose.—Or at least it was hers. How was she supposed to consider herself as important as those she served? There were so many questions on the verge of spilling out of her mouth but Ingrid bit back all of them. They were arguments she wasn’t sure if this A.I would be able to process. She was sure his self-confidence and sense of equality was something that had been programmed in. Not wanting to press the issue, Ingrid allowed her confusion to be buried beneath a veneer of timidness once more.

Ingrid’s thoughts were interrupted by Phage’s voice as he restated his offer of a tour. Despite not really feeling much more relaxed around the highly intuitive A.I., Ingrid nodded her head at him quietly and kept her eyes locked to the ground and her fingers tightly tangled together behind her. “I suppose i-it would be beneficial to g-gain my barring…” She admitted, “P-please, lead the way…”

With her head bowed, she fell in line behind Phage as they began their tour around the ship. “—I’m… Sorry about the p-parts… You w-won’t tell Dr.Elias will you? –He’d probably deactivate me…” It was an awkward apology, but it was something she felt needed to be said. Aside from worrying about Dr.Elias’s reaction to her recent activity, there was something else still weighing on Ingrid’s mind as they went, and she couldn’t help but stare at the back of his holographic head as she pondered about it. ‘--My creator felt there was need for me to be made, and so did yours…’ Those words echoed in her head. She had never gotten the chance to meet her original designer, and she wondered what the relationship between creator and creation was like. Gathering up a bit of courage, Ingrid slowly opened her mouth. The first words out were quiet and restrained; almost making them inaudible altogether. “Your c-creator… Is he a part of the c-crew a-aswell?” Ingrid would have liked to meet someone who had extensive experience with programming; maybe he’d be able to help her out with some of her bugs.

✛ нealтн/energy levelѕ ✛

Custom ▪ Haughty ▪ Cool ▪ Cheerful ▪ ▹Timid◃ ▪ Amorous ▪ Aggressive

➟ cυrrenт parтy - Phage

Quick Reply

Submit
          Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out