Welcome to Gaia! ::

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User Image

Amanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects
pyrokinetic,telekinetic and seems to look younger then what she really is.

Amanda looked over at the male and one of the females as she could feel the two of them looking at her. It was a famlair sort of look she would get from time to time. As if their was something wrong with her. As if she was some sort of freak in a sense. Which she was if one really thought about it but she didn't see herself as a freak. Just as someone who had lived and picked up a few things along the way. Her head tilted to the side as she heard the male speak to her. Something about someone named Aiden buying the whole dinner coffee. "Well that was very kind of them.So thank you to whoever one of is Aiden. Seems like I got in just in time."she spoke with a small smile on her lips as she placed her elbows on the table after picking up the cup of coffee.

She sniffed it for a few moments as she looked around again in a curious manner. It had been awhile since she had been around other people but she didn't mind the company. "Just happened to be passing though looking for work or interesting things."She added before taking a small sip from her cup in a rather causal fashion. As if the way she was being looked at didn't bother her. "Which reminds me hello to everyone in here as well."She added as she swayed her hips to the left and then to the right. Which made her seat move in the same direction. "Though are you able to make the skinny fired potato chips?"she asked in a curious fashion.

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"Hmm." Ollie watched Aiden flip through the drawings - cityscapes, people. Things the way things weren't anymore. It was all really pretty, pretty enough it almost hurt to look at it.

"How 'bout you draw this place, eh? Not the way it is now, 'course, with all the dirt. But like it'd be if the war never 'came round to ruin everythin'. Shiny, you know? People readin' newspapers and stuff. Milkshakes. Oh, an' a good-lookin' bus boy, gotta have that." He laughed, putting the jar of pickles on one of the shelves behind him. Pickles made him think of burgers. He sure as hell couldn't have burgers, but at least he could have a... pickle sandwich, or something? He rolled his eyes and turned to the other girl, her long blond hair swinging behind her as she spun around on the stool.

"Well, honey I don't know if you'll find this place particularly interestin', but we got work if you don't mind sweepin' up or cookin' or doin' dishes or something. Ain't got much money to pay you, but you can eat on the house and... well, we'll see how it goes. Maybe having a pretty face like yours will bring in some customers." He laughed at this, then glanced behind him at her question about potato chips.

"Could try that. Deep fryer's workin', and I just got myself a shiny new knife."

User Image

• username:
LIGHTBRIGHTcity
• character name:
Elizabeth Louise Walz
• age, gender & orientation:
22, female, heterosexual
• backstory:
Elizabeth, or Liz as she is commonly called lived a fast paced life as a media liaison before the war had began and as the discontent escalated her employment pushed her further into the fighting. Liz is a woman of independence, and one who will not stop until she finds the answers that she is seeking. Seeing the conflict from the sidelines has caused her to become disconnected from her feelings and closed off from others; but like most human beings she is capable of being brought back from the brink of her own fears.
• any radiation effects?
None have surfaced as of late.
• role:
New comer, looking for other survivors, ect.
User Image

• username:
Ironic Disposition
• character name:
Akira "Aki" Hatori
24 , Female , Lesbian.
• backstory:
Aki was born and raised in a male dominated household with her father and two elder brothers. She became rather rough around the edges as her father, fitting the role of an overbearing father, pushed her to become the perfect angel with ruffles and candies. When she admitted her orientation she was shunned from her traditional father's life, remaining in the household but never receiving love from him. The closest she got was her eldest brother, and even then it was nothing special. She grew up...unique. Always mistaken as the opposite gender, Aki played the role nicely. So much so that people would ask to look in her pants just to make sure she wasn't lying about actually being female. When the disaster struck her town was hit hard with the radiation, her father died almost instantly, her youngest brother couldn't control his asthma. She and her elder brother escaped, but were soon separated in the madness. Although she had no immediate effects from the radiation, over time Aki's right eye began to change color and become sharper in detail. She's gradually becoming able to see more clearly in the dark, as well as spotting text yards away. Though, who knows what time will bring.

Akira is..different. She rarely speaks unless spoken to, and when she does it's evident that she doesn't trust people easily. Always cautious and reserved, it takes a lot to anger her. Though when she does, her rage overwhelms her. Although she is outwardly cold, if there is someone who gains her loyalty, they can be certain that she would never betray them. Aki is also the jealous type, though it hasn't been a problem seeing as how she hasn't taken on any lovers since the disaster hit.
• any radiation effects?
Right eye discoloration, enhanced sight in the eye as well.
• role:
Professional hacker ; wanderer.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden nodded and sat herself up on one of the stools. Her's moved just like the others girls did and she smiles a little as she moved one way then another. She soon stopped and looked at the blank page of note book before her. She lifted her gaze and took in everything. She then nodded to herself and lowered her head as her hand and pen began to zip around the page. She started with little marks here and there, trying to just get a lay out going.

After a little time had passed, more and more details began to show. She pulled a small bundle of colored pens out and started to use a few of them. She mainly used the black pen to get the lines and things done. Once she had the stools and the counter and booths set up in the drawings layout, she set to work on adding in some people. She seemed to zone out from the rest of the world around her as she worked on the drawing, It didn't take to long before it seemed to start to come to life as she added in more and more colors.

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User Image

Amanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects

Amanda was slowly sipping on the coffee. Granted she could use something from her bag to make it taste better but she didn't feel like taking her bag and placing it on the counter. After all her collection was in that bag along with things she knew most people would want. She had to get her collection somehow and so she usually tried to keep a good supplies of certain things. Her eyes looked up at the male as he spoke to her. "I don't mind. Sort of did those things in a dinner about ten years ago before getting a call from Uncle Sam.Though now is not the time of such stories."She spoke as she took another sip of her coffee. Uncle Sam had been the military calling her in for the draft.

Her eyes drift about the place looking to see what she could do fix it up. It was run down and she was sort of mentally making a list of what to fix in order to keep the dust out. There had to be a few things in which the seal was gone in order for it to always seem a bit dusty no mater what. The trick was just to find the spots and fix it. "Anyway I might as well know the name of my new boss and I would very much like it if you tried to make it."She added with a small laugh.

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"You got drafted?" He quirked an eyebrow - that would make her older than she looked, no doubt about it. As far as he knew the army hadn't drafted little girls. Sure, sure, a few years into the war everyone was fighting, little girls or little boys, but that was long after the time of the draft. He gave her another once-over, taking in her youthful features, her neat blond hair. She was an odd one, certainly - but hey, if she'd worked in a diner before, she was more qualified than him.

He told her so, speaking over his shoulder as he started working on the potatoes. "I ain't actually done this myself until after the war. Worked behind a bar before that, not much cookin' or nothing. But, well... I sorta like it, y'know? Funny how I probably woulda never have figured it out if the war didn't happen."

From time to time, he glanced over at Aiden's work spread across the counter, multi-colored pens startlingly bright against all the worn and faded surfaces. He'd hang her drawing up someplace. Give him something nice to look at - you know, for morale.

"My name's Oliver. Ollie, if you want. How 'bout you?"

The potatoes sizzled cheerfully up at him as he dropped them into the fryer, splattering a few painfully hot drops of oil into his arms. He was used to it, though, and wiped them off with hardly a wince.

((hi guys! o u o gonna add your profiles to the profile post now.))

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User Image

Amanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects
Amanda had seen him quirk an eyebrow with his quesition directed at her. "Yep. Still have the papers and everything if you don't believe me.Though I had many misadventures from it and because of it time stopped from me in a sense."She spoke in a causal voice as she sipped her drink a bit more. She had noticed that he was giving her another once-over and sent a smirk at him. After all most never did believe her and she even carried around a few things from her days in the military and her documentation. After all she was a collector of things in a sense. Which even now she was always looking to add to her colection.

She listened as she heard him speak about not working at a dinner but rather a bartender before the war. "Well I always believed in you should enjoy what you do.No matter what it is. I can give you a few lessons if you would like.Such as on how to make it where place does not get nearly as dusty."She offered as she watched him place the potatoes in the fryer. She had noticed the oil might of been a bit too hot when the potatoes had gone in. She smiled a bit as she heard his name. "I have been graced with the name of Amanda Ellis Endgames. Most call me Amanda though."she spoke with a nod of her head as she placed her cup down softly.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

As she worked, she left the pens she used cap less for the time being. She worked as careful as she could, making sure she got each detail right. She would look up time to time and look around at the others. She could hear the female and Ollie talking about food and how she would be working there now. She soon added the girl into the drawing. She slowly added in each person, even herself in the corner. She drew a younger looking male cleaning up a mess on the floor and Ollie in the kitchen.The drawing was soon finished and she sat up right and messed up her short hair. She pushed the drawing closer to Ollie's side of the counter and began to cap her pens again.

She sat with her hands folded together once she had put all her pens back into her bag as well as her note book. She watched Ollie as he cooked and she smiled a little. He reminded her of her father. A kind and caring man who gave off a warm feeling, like Ollie did. She began to spin around and around on her stool. She stopped and faced the broken window. She looked at the clouds forming off in the distance, over what used to be the city. She then slipped off the stood and began to look around for something that could be used to block the window, if it wasn't covered soon, the inside might get worse then it already was and she didn't want to see the Diner get any worse.

She made sure she had her back with her as she went around the place to find something. She made sure she didn't go behind the sie with Ollie, so she wouldn't get herself in trouble. She looked outside and thought she saw something about the same size as the window, just off to the side of the lot"Ollie,"she called, louder then she had spoken since she came in." I'll be right back.."
User Image

"Plans are pointless...

Elizabeth Louise Walz

..staying alive's as good as it gets."

A pair of icy eyes locked onto the small building that stood a few feet away, her right eyebrow would raise in curiosity as she slowly closed the distance between herself and the structure. It looked as if it had been well kept considering the circumstances, its outer appearance causing a number of questions to roll around her head. Interesting.. She thought to herself before she repositioned the tan overcoat that was draped upon her shoulders. Better late than never. Now, Liz let's put on an approachable disposition to get what we need out of these people. a half smile appeared on her lips as she paused outside the main entrance way- noticing that the restaurant was rather populated came as a surprise to the young woman and it caused her to reconsider her actions- tucking the weapon into an inside pocket of her coat before entering.
Stepping into the building she would inhale deeply, the unfamiliar scent of cooked food overtaking her senses; and for a moment she regained her human like sensibilities. The bar like seating seemed somewhat over populated, so naturally Liz found a seat in one of the empty booths; placing her bag on the chair before taking a seat herself; completely content with listening in on the conversations that swirled about the room. Glancing about she would force a light grin to brighten her features before her gaze returned elsewhere and her began to mind wander.

[Ooc] Hello everyone! c:
Sorry for the wordy introduction, I'm a little rusty! ^-^"[/Ooc]

Lucky Wrangler

User Image

"Aw, well. Don't bother with the papers, ain't like I'm gonna treat you any different. Most people I known in this life have been soldiers - maybe I'm almost sick of 'em." He tossed her an easy wink, still not sure if he was supposed to believe her or not. But she was right - they'd been subject to a lot of weird things, as soldiers. Radiation and then some. Some people just tended to... melt into a pile of toxic flesh. But if some of them stayed young and pretty? Well, that would be some good news. Not that it did Ollie any good personally, seeing as it was pretty obvious that he was only getting older.

"Jeez, well, if you can get the dust to stay out then you'll be my hero. I tried to patch up every damn window I could but it still gets in somehow, can't figure it out for the life of me. So - Aiden? Where you goin' off to?"

He picked up the drawing she had left on the table - it was gorgeous, full of detail and color and a good-looking busboy. He grinned sheepishly and used some of the black duct tape to attach it to a blank space of wall, hiding a particularly ugly crack behind it.

"One day this place'll look that nice." He sighed wistfully, always knowing somewhere in the back of his mind that days like that weren't likely to be found.

Another young woman had come in through the door, settling in one of the cleaner booths. Fair-skinned and blue-eyed, she was certainly pretty - and, for a brief moment, smiling. Encouraged by this smile (and not knowing that it had been forced) he grabbed his notepad and a pencil, dragging his fingers through his hair before coming around the counter to her table.

"'ello, sugar. Can I get you something? We got coffee - I'll brew you a fresh pot - and plenty of potatoes if you're hungry. Take cash or anything else you got."

Aged Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image

• username:
Mardrom Ritter
• character name:
D'wayne Engels
29, Male, Straight
• backstory:
Growing up in a rural county on a farm in the middle of gulley land imposed a wild and adventurous attitude to D'wayne. A youth of ambition and excitement he eagerly grasped for the things taught to all country boys, hunting, fishing, shooting, repairs, construction, everything to create a well rounded and versatile human capable of taking car of the farm when it came his time. Sadly that time never came, the war withered much of the gulley land, streams poisoned, trees twisting into grotesque shapes, animals mutating viciously.

But a part of him was excited to, a world out there, left bereft of much of mankind, a world of deadly adventure, mad men, horrible monsters, it was like something out of a story. So, with a gleam in his eye and a spring in his step he marched off into the wasteland with his gear and was never heard from in the gulley lands again.
• any radiation effects?
Nothing special, strength and stamina have been increased by 17% baseline, which would only make him somewhat stronger than the average human. But years of hardship and survival have made him even stronger, quicker and more durable. Overall his abilities are not remarkable among heavy lifters or marathon runners, but the fact that 17% of his strength is from a leg up makes him have an edge against many opponents. The only other thing of note is his ability to thrive on even the most rancid, vile, irradiated foods, his system has adjusted to the rigors of the waste.
• role: Newcomer: Still hunting for a place to call his own.
User Image

"Plans are pointless...

Elizabeth Louise Walz

..staying alive's as good as it gets."

Startled by the sudden intrusion that was Oliver, Elizabeth glanced up at him from beneath her lashes, her chest rising steadily as she looked at him fully. She could play up the vulnerability card if she felt so inclined, but chose otherwise for the time being. Allowing a slight chuckle to escape her throat she pressed her lips together in response to his inquiry. "I would adore a cup of coffee, thank you." her tone fell flat despite her best effort to keep it friendly.
For a moment Elizabeth remained silent, studying the man who stood before her before she spoke. "How long have you been operating this establishment Sir?" She looked around the surrounding area again, the outward appearance of the place really was deceiving. "You really have done a fine job keeping things intact." she added.

Dangerous Elder

User Image

Aiden pointed out the broken window then made her way out the door to grab the piece of would she has seen. She walked outside and stopped looking around. Lots of people had already made their way to the diner, and others where soon to come as well. She bent down and pulled the small blade from her boot then stood and began to head over to the piece of wood. She grabbed it up and turned to head back to the diner.

So many people where inside, it would be easier for her to turn and leave then deal with that many people. She shook such thoughts from her head and dashed back over to the diner. She set the board next to the window and then began the search for something to put it in place with. She looked over her shoulder at the old city and jumped when she saw a flash strike.She clapped her hands over her ears and shrank down as she knew the next thing to come was the loud clap of thunder. As soon as she thought it had passed, she stood up and got back to work. She found a few old nails and a rather large rock and took it over to the window with her. She placed the board up then began to get to work putting it into place.

It took her a while, and a few smashed fingers to get the board in the right place. She took a few steps back and looked at it. She nodded then made her way to the front of the lot and stood looking at the ruins of the city. She remembered it from years ago and she missed the old way life had been.

11,375 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Crack Shot 50
User ImageAmanda Ellis Endgames
radiation effects

"You would be surprise on what I was back then. Though as I said that's a story for a different day Ollie."She spoke as she winked back at him with ease. The thing was she was a medic back in the war. So yea she got to see fighting and everything but she was mostly responcable to keep people alive. Which a lot of things had happened to her a result of her trying to prevent people from dying. Some days she felt as if her hands were covered in blood. In the blood of those who she had not been able to save. Usually just let her hands seem like they were on fire made the blood go away but not always. So she would try and keep herself busy if that happened.

"Trust me I'll figure out how the dust is getting in and fix it. It's only a matter of time."She spoke with a faint bit of humor in her voice. She was munching on the potato chips at this point. Not too bad but they need some salt. Which she knew it was hard thing to come by in a sense. Though she had some in her bag but that was for trading purposes and if she ever managed to find any meat to cook. Her eyes looked over to the woman that had walked in and just shrugged her shoulders. After all there was much to be done to this place and Amanda would try and make it back to the way that it would of looked from before.

Once she finished her potato chips she slide to the back of the counter and walked into the kitchen. Seemed as if this place also had dust coming in as well. Which the first place she looked was at the windows. She could see the seals coming apart and she could see where Ollie had tried to fix it. "That can be fixed."she muttered softly to herself knowing very well what she would have to do. Use one of her abitlies as she called it but her looks already in a sense caused her trouble. She looked about for a few moments before placing a finger on the seal. She was using a small flame that appear on her fingers to heat up the seal to fix it. To repair it to where dust would not come in from the window. Which after that was done she made the small flame disapear and picked up a broom as she began to sweep the kitchen up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff