< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

xxxxxxx Gyles Vern Espensonxxxxxxx

Whereabouts: Streets - Company: [Max], Inferno - Polyvore: [Sis Dropped These Off] - Thoughts: "Cold, cold, cold... I wasn't ready for this..."

The heat started to drain away, and just as quickly as it had come, it was beginning to drench away. The windy chill cut through him, his shirt and hair sticking to his body between the rain water and the sweat and defrosted ice. He shivered, his head spinning in an instant. The stress on top of the extreme versions of heat flashes and the head injuries were disorienting him. He felt as if he were in a completely other world, his head bowing down further. "I,... I...." He groaned, reaching up to lay one of his hands over the massive bruise around his eye.

He blinked as the foreign sounding man got closer, hiding himself a bit and snapping his fingers- whoah! Was that a magic trick, or...? Gyles was breathless, looking from the flame up to the man. "You're...?" Somehow it eased him down, his paranoia and fear draining away just a bit. He nodded slowly, blinking and flickering his eyes down to his phone. "I can. Do that, kind of, but I have no control of it." He didn't pull away anymore, but he was tempted. He was tempted to just run home, however he could from here, and go and hide in his bed.

He watched the guy bend down and take his phone, swallowing at the last comment. He was taking him somewhere Stranger danger-- maybe he SHOULD run! "Hey," he muttered, reaching out for the phone as the man brought it up to his ear and started talking to his best friend. "Hey, give me that back!" He bristled a bit, gritting his teeth as the man ended the call and kept his phone hostage. They was his phone; they were expensive! He needed to get it back, but he doubted he could fight it off of the big, tall, fire using scary guy. "Gyles..." Just Gyles. He wasn't saying more than that.

His arms were grabbed and he was shoved into a direction. "Hey-- I can walk on my OWN!" Rather, he wanted to get the Hell out of here with his phone! He had called Max and his dad to here, yeah, but he didn't know what was going to happen! What if this guy was going to kill them all or something? Maybe he was going to get them all together and burn the alive! Or... maybe not, but right now after just experiencing the worst of society two nights prior, he wouldn't be surprised.

They were inside the bar soon; he coughed, covering his mouth and nose over the scents invading the room between smoke and alcohol. They were in a back room soon, Gyles collapsing onto the couch and hugging himself as the guy, Yulian, started talking about then talking. What? No-- no no no, he didn't want to talk, he just wanted to get out of dodge. He would be left unheard, his body slumping as he was left alone. He took a deep breath, then slowly eased himself down, hugging himself and curling his body into itself for warmth. He was better than before, but that did not in any way mean that he was all better.

He was so ready to just fall asleep right here and try to recover after all of this, if not for the nightmare he had just suffered through.

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Eric Graves

Gravedigger

When Max had come shooting out of his room, his friend's hat clutched in his hand and looking as if he were on the verge of tears, Eric didn't know what to think. Immediatly, suspicion jumped to the newest stranger in their life, Gyles...but that didn't make sense. Less than an hour before, Max and Gyles had been sitting in the kitchen, laughing and eating and begging Gyles' sister to let him stay just a little bit longer. He couldn't recall ever seeing his son connect with somone like that. No, he doubted that Gyles himself was the reason that Max was so upset. However, he was involved in it, as Eric soon discovered through Max's semi-hysteric explination. Something had happened to Gyles. He didn't know what, but something had happened, and now some stranger was taking Gyles somewhere.

Eric's instincts were immediatly on edge, especially after what had happened to the two boys on Friday night. What if this stranger was the same sick son of a b***h that had nearly murdered his son? His blood boiled at the thought; it would be just like some psychopath to do something awful to Gyles for trying to help. The second that max mentioned the Blue Boar, Eric was out the door. Max followed him, demanding that he be allowed to go with. Eric argued with his son for a solid five minutes, saying that it could be dangerous and that he needed to wait at home. However, Max was his mother's son and he soon convinced his father to take him with. Gyles had wound up rather far from the Graves family apartment, and so, Eric loaded his son up into the car they rarely used and set out for the bar.

Apparently, they were expected. The bouncer let them in without a peep or even a request for ID, saying that the boss and 'the kid' were in the backroom. Eric had actually been to the Blue Boar a few times in the past, and thus, he knew the layout of the place pretty well. Max wasn't immediatly allowed into the office, so Eric told him to stay right outside the door, not to move, and to come inside and get him the second that he felt like something wasn't right. Max nodded, apparently too concerned with Gyles' safety to realize that being underage in a bar full of drunken strangers was just as dangerous for him. Eric sighed and shook his head, giving his son's shoulder a squeeze before stepping into the office. Gyles was sitting on a couch in the office, looking just as freaked out as he had the night he and Max had gone out to the video store. Eric glanced at the man that had apparently brought Gyles her, but just for a moment. His attention was mostly on the panicky looking teenager.

Eric sat down next to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "You okay kid?" he asked, giving Gyles' shoulder a gentle squeeze (emphasis on gentle - Eric could have crushed an iron dumbell with one hand, there was no need to go breaking Gyles' shoulder).

Romantic Explorer

7,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
Location: The Blue Boar Company: Gyles/Eric Mood: Cranky/Concerned
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Quickly he slipped out the door and left Gyles to compose himself. The first thing he did was let his employee know that another kid might be showing up and that if he isn't freaking out then to send him to his office, but if he is freaking out then tell him to wait and come get him. The last thing he was going to do was have some other kid freaking out charge into his office and get Gyles freaking out. All that will result in is Gyles freezing his office and maybe killing him because he can't control his powers. It would be like when he burnt down the orphanage all over again and that was not going to happen if he could help it. The second thing he did was go stand near the oven in his small kitchen. It was the quickest way to instantly warm up his internal body temperature because he can absorb the heat and hold on to it.The third and final thing he did was inhale some aspirin and get a glass of water for Gyles.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked as handed Gyles the glass of water. It would probably be a good idea for the kid to have a drink, but he doubted that the kid would actually drink it. It wasn't like the kid knows who he is or what this place is, so for all he knows there could be drugs dissolved into the water. There wasn't any, but how was the kid to know that. There might be bubbles, but that's because of the filtration system that's attached to the tap. "I am pretty sure that the other kid Max is on his way here or will be calling you back to find out what's going on, so relax. Its not like your in some scary place and no one knows your here, he said as he pulled his chair out from behind his desk and placed along the wall opposite Gyles, so that he could sit opposite of him and not make him feel crowded or any more uncomfortable. It was obvious based on body language that Gyles had calmed down significantly compared to a few minutes ago, but was still some what uncomfortable and probably exhausted from all that running and that freak out.

"When we were outside you said that you can't control what you can do, how long have you known that you can do that?" he asked as he watched Gyles. It didn't matter where he went in the world, it always seemed like no one ever finds out about their powers until they do something by accident. It was very rare to hear otherwise and even rarer to hear of someone that has powers and has parents that have powers and therefore were able to help them from the start. It wasn't really genetic. It was just spontaneous. Take himself for example, he was born into a nomadic village in northern Russia where its snow year round, there is absolutely no reason why he should have the powers that he does. In fact, if it weren't for the small fire in their hut, he would have died the day he was born because of how much the cold affects him. It just didn't make sense.

Just when he was about to ask another question his office door swung open and in stormed a man he has met before. "What the ********] he asked somewhat pissed off and was going to demand that he ******** off out of his bar until he saw him turn to Gyles and the concern he had for him. It was obvious that Eric was some how involved with Max because that was the only person that knew who Gyles was here. "I take it you know Gyles then Eric", he stated as he leaned back into his chair and crossed his arms. It was obvious to him that Eric was going to take the kid home and though he wanted to help the kid out, it didn't seem like that was on the table and he didn't have the right to do anything about that. If the kid has Eric in his life then he will at least have someone he can talk to about his powers, it didn't have to be him.

"I was walking down the street when Gyles literally ran into me. I wasn't going to leave him on the side of the road freaking out, so I brought him here so he could calm down. I think he needs to go home and go to bed", he explained, so that Eric wouldn't accuse him of abducting the kid. Also he purposely left out the stuff about the ice in case Eric didn't know about the kid. It was the kids business to share, not his. Then he stood up and began to put his chair back where it had originally been before. It seemed like it was time for him to get back to work.

Outfit: N/A ● OOC: So many people in the bar
User Image

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Whereabouts: Blue Boar - Company: Eric, Inferno - Polyvore: [Sis Dropped These Off] - Thoughts: "Where's Max!? Just get me Max! MAX!"

Gyles' eyes fell shut, his mind letting itself settle a bit more. Nothing had happened yet; Max was on his way; he had been alone for a long time now without anything bad happening to him; maybe he would be okay after tonight. He Sniffed, huddling in closer around himself, pulling on his sweatshirt for any idea of warmth that he could possibly draw to himself. He was hurting, and all he wanted was the one person that had been able to make the pain go away for the past two days. He hated to admit it, but within such a short time he had become so dependent on the other boy.

'How are you feeling now?' Gyles sniffed, stirring and looking up at the other man. His eyes fell on the glass of water that was being held out for some time, then finally reached out to take it. "Perpetually cold," he muttered, his fingers curling around the glass. From the first touch frost sparked out across the surface of it, and it only seemed to get worse the further out it grew. He put the glass back down quickly, deciding it best not to tempt fate and try to drink ice cold water right now.

He settled back down, winding his arms around his legs and nodding as the mn confirmed what he'd figured. His friend would definitely come for him after that show he put on. Seriously, could he be any more pathetic? He couldn't even be left alone anymore! Sleeping scared him, and what about what happened to him? That was definitely going to hit Facebook or something! He bit his lip as fear crept back into him again, somehow finding a way to curl himself up even smaller than he had before.

'When we were outside you said that you can't control what you can do, how long have you known that you can do that?' Gyles heaved a breath, rubbing his irritated eyes clear of tears; "Since the bullying at school became violent," he said honestly. "Every time I felt upset or isolated, i'd get cold and things would frost. I hate the cold..." He was a cruel joke. It was life's was of saying, 'if you didn't think you life sucked enough before, here's an extra side of suckage for you.'

He shook his head and dropped him head back down, hoping that this would be over soon. That was when the office door barged open again, Yulian yelling, and Gyles sitting half upright. Mr. Graves...? He watched at he came next to him, the firm hand laying surprisingly soft on his shoulder. He felt it pull at his heart a bit that Mr. Graves would come out all this way for him, but where was Max? He just just wanted his friend; get his quick fix and then some. "No," he answered honestly, shifting to sit up more.

"I fell asleep on the train and had one of those waking nightmares where it feels so real but you can't move, and it was him; he kept asking about Max. I got so scared, I woke up and I was covered in front, and my hand froze up. I've never been that cold before; it's getting worse. I can't control it at all, and people were taking pictures and calling someone, I don't know who, but I don't want everyone to know. I just want to be normal; I wish this would all just stop!" Half way through his explanation his voice had started to crack, hot tears dragging across his cheeks, practically burning his skin in comparison to the chill. "I thought I was going to die, and it was all because of a nightmare!"

Chatty Dabbler

User Image

Eric Graves

Gravedigger

Eric ignored Yulian for the time being. He vaguely recognized the man as the owner of the bar, but his name escaped him for the moment. He frowned when Gyles said that no, he wasn't okay. Stupid question, I suppose, Eric thought. If Gyles was okay, he would have been home safe with his sister by then. Instead, he looked a wreck, like he was about ready to pass out where he was sitting. "Max is right outside," he assured the boy, knowing that was probably who Gyles really wanted to see right now. He kept his hand resting on Gyles' shoulder despite the chill radiating off of the boy. He wasn't a stupid man, despite what some people might have thought. Eric had noted that Gyles' abilities seemed to tied to his emotional state. Making him feel worse wasn't going to help.

Then he turned to Yulian and confirmed, "Yeah, I know him. He's pretty close with my kid." He nodded as Yulian explained what had happened, silently agreeing with the suggestion that Gyles go home and go to bed. Gyles was explaining what had happened to him on the way home to scare him so badly. Eric wasn't surprised to hear that he'd had a nightmare. When he did sleep, he slept like a dead man, but his son's voice could always wake him right up. He'd heard Max crying out in the middle of the night all weekend long. He'd been having nightmares about the piece of human filth that had attacked them. It wasn't surprising at all to know that Gyles had too. He nodded as Gyles expressed concern over the gossips on the subway. That, at least, he could reassure the boy about.

"Believe me kid, humans have tiny attention spans," he said, "I know from experience. I threw a car across a road at a guy once, and people took pictures and whatever, but a week later Reaver was ripping apart the city and everyone forgot about me." Supervillains were good for one thing, at least - they drew attention to themselves and away from the people just trying to live. it would only be a matter of time before something happened to draw media attention. "You and Max went through a lot of s**t," Eric added, "I'm pretty surprised either of you are holding up as well as you are."

Gyles was starting to work himself into quite a state, so Eric decided it was probably time to bring in the 'big guns', so to speak. He got up and walked back to the door, opening it. Bright blue eyes peeked in, spotting Gyles in the couch. Almost immediately, Max darted across the room and threw his arms around Gyles. "It's okay, Gyles, it's okay," he was saying quietly, trying to wipe away the tears trekking down his friend's face. He had been standing with his ear to the door, listening to the entire thing. "You're safe, it was just a bad dream. It's okay." Max certainly seemed to sound confident that everything would be okay. Eric wished he could share in that confidence.

Romantic Explorer

7,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
Location: The Blue Boar Company: Gyles/Eric/Max Mood: Concerned/Normal

After he had finished putting his chair back in its proper place, he took a deep breath and then strolled over to Gyles and Erik. The cell phone from earlier was sitting next to Gyles on the couch, so he scooped it up and began to put his cell phone number in it. At some point the kid will find it, and whether or not he wants to use it is up to him. The name he put in it was his first name followed by the name of the bar in brackets because he wasn't sure if Gyles had heard him when he told Max his name during the call earlier. The name of the bar was unforgettable and Gyles would have seen the sign above the entrance when they came in. After he was finished he placed the cell phone back onto the couch, just as Gyles began to freak out again. This is exactly he had not want anyone barging into his office. Obviously he was going to have to have a word with his employee.

As Gyles continued to speak he worked himself up and was now freaking out to a whole new level. It was worse then the freak out on the streets. It was so bad that he could feel the could radiating off of him and he knew that if the kid continue to freak out then he could freeze the entire room on accident and then this situation would be so much worse then it already is. There was no way that he was going to let that happen so he leaned on the wall next to the couch and as he watched Eric try to talk Gyles down he focused his energy on raising Gyles internal temperature. The kid was so cold that at first it was hard to do, but he is so good at it that the moment Gyles seemed to calm even just a little he spiked the kids temperature. Not enough to kill the kid, but enough to make him at least the normal temperature of a living human. If the kid needed the cold to live like he needed the heat to live then he wouldn't be doing this. That didn't seem like the case, so he was going to do this until Gyles requested other wise.

After a minute Eric got up and left and use that as his chance to tell the kid a hard truth, so he moved away from the wall and stood directly in front of him. "Gyles you are not normal you are special. Just like i'm special. Just like half the people in this bar are special. The majority of us that are special had to work very hard to control what we do and if you do the same then you can live as close to normal as you want, but you'll always be special. Sorry", he said honestly and maybe it wasn't his place to say it and maybe it wasn't the right time because of what Eric seemed to have been implying, but someone had to say it to him just like his mentor had told him so many years ago. Just as he finished talking a young kid came barging in through his office door and pretty much jumped on Gyles, telling him sweet words and wiping away his tears that were no where near as bad as they had been a moment ago. This kid must be Max and was probably who Gyles wanted and needed most in this world.

"It's nice to see you again Eric, I wish it was under better circumstances", he said as he walked over to the man, so that he could give the kids some room. "I didn't know you were a father", he stated, but really he was guessing. It was possible that Eric is a family friend of the other kids family or another form of relative, especially since the two don't look much alike, but he figured that if he was wrong then Eric would correct him.

Outfit: N/A ● OOC: Sorry its short, but wrote this quickly before my exam
User Image

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
User Image

Whereabouts: Blue Boar - Company: Eric, Max, Inferno - Polyvore: [Sis Dropped These Off] - Thoughts: "I never want to be away for him again. OMFG."

Right outside; right outside; Max was... he wasn't HERE. That was what he needed. not nearby; here. Within earshot. Within range for a hug. He needed the comfort, and he was damned if he was going home like this! He clasped his hand over his mouth, nodding erratically as Eric spoke. As much as he wanted to completely believe the words, the fear and paranoia and the general string of bad luck was just killing him!

He hiccuped a breath, ducking his head back down. "I couldn't even get home without this happening. I used to be able to control it so well until that freak--!" He gasped a deep breath in, unable to keep proper control of it without putting all of his concentration into it. "Mr. Graves;" he started, swallowing down hard. No, he wanted to talk more, but it wasn't happening. The cold started to break down over him again. The only time he started feeling better was with he left, Gyles' mind quickly connecting where to. He was getting Max. Yes; please! Max!

Just as quickly as the pain seemed to alleviate, his frigid temperature suddenly rose up to practically normal. He gasped, his vision fading a moment, and then his hand going for his chest as his body tried to handle the rapid changing back and forth in temperature. "S-Stop-stop-stop that!" He shut his eyes tight, rubbing his arms as his body soaked through again. All of the frost just melted away almost as quickly as if came, and every time he frosted back it it just made the ice worse, locking it down against his skin.

He dropped against the arm of the couch, shutting his eyes tight and cringing as his head starting to scream with the pain coursing through it. "Ah..." He squinted, brain freeze gripping him hard. On hand pressed against his forehead, his eyes leading up to the man in front of him. Half the people here were special? It was nuts. Just three days ago he couldn't even imagine meeting anyone else like him. Ever since meeting Max he couldn't stop meeting them!

He swallowed, trying to think of some way to respond. Before he had to, the door opened, Max leaped through the room, bounding over and eventually landing on him. He sniffed, shuddering at the blazing warm body pressed up against him. He couldn't help himself from winding his arms around Max, his head pulling back just a bit as Max wiped the wet tears from his face. "Max," he choked the name out, a grin half spreading across his face for a moment. Immediately he was under the other boy's influence again, so willing to have that voice coo him down. It was okay, wasn't it? It was all over. They couldn't do anything to change it now. It was over, and it was okay, and he was safe.

He dropped his head onto the boy's shoulder, shuddering just a bit longer, but his pained breaths and his fears were slowly subsiding. His hands dragging down the boy's body, settling to stay wound around his hips to make sure that Max stayed close to him. "I can't believe you came all the way here," he murmured right into Max's shirt. "You're so nice, Max. I barely know you and you'd come all the way here." He never wanted to be separated from him again! Already his emotional state was lifting, the deep freeze chill that had surrounded him moments ago quickly dropping back to a dull roar.

He sniffed, finally settling and slowly pulling himself back enough. He rubbed his red eyes, looking back to the two adults. "I.. should we... I don't know, Max. What if this happens again? I don't want my sister to find out." He sunk back between the couch and his friend; "I'm going to keep having nightmares, I just know it."

Loving Wife

User Image
Jack Kayle Korvyne
Velocity

Jack had been struggling with the rain and finally saw the location of the dinner party in the distance. It was about time, he was starting to think about not even showing up at all. Jack started to speed up a bit, enough so that he wouldn't slip and that it looked like he was just jogging to get somewhere quickly. It seemed that the dinner party had already started. At least Jack would be fashionably late. Now, where the hell is the entrance? And what the hell am I gonna say to get past the security...... I'll just say something about that job I got offered.... Hopefully that works..... Jack was starting to walk towards the house, making sure his outfit looked presentable. He was wondering how far he would be able to get in terms of that job. No matter what, he was sure that he would get somewhere.

Jack was soon at the door and knocked, he was a bit nervous seeing as this was basically a job interview. He couldn't help but fidget about as he waited for someone to open the door. Oh boy..... I hope I don't have to do too much talking.... I'd rather not have to get into whole discussions and debates.... I just wanna find out more about this offer... Then I gotta see more about Black Rock..... Jeez, I swear being a speedster is easier than making negotiations... He thought to himself. Jack felt uneasy about this. It was his first interview for a big job and he didn't want to screw this up. The only thing that had him feel confident about this was the fact that if he didn't get a good offer then there was always Black Rock Industries.

Eventually someone opened and immediately asked him what he wanted. "Uh, I'm here because I had been told there was a dinner being held and I have a standing job offer from Beacon Corporation. My name should be on the list. Jack Korvyne. I was told that I could get an audience with Miss Monroe." Jack said to the doorman. It was simple and straight to the point, not long and drawn out like some fancy businessman would do. Jack wasn't the business type, he would always get to the point quickly. He didn't like deliberating, it just wasn't his style. With the doorman quickly calling for guards out of disbelief, Jack was beginning to think that he might be in trouble. Uh-oh..... I seriously hope I don't get in trouble.... The last thing I want is to have to get in any type of fight..... Especially right now..... I could blow this whole job offer right now if it gets bad.... Jack was worrying more, little by little. His main concern was not ruining his chance at working at Beacon Corporation. The resources were important and his top priority.

Chatty Dabbler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Juliet Monroe

Juliet nodded and responded, "Oh, very much so. Supers and villains have always tied rather closely with our fair city. Something about the place just attracts them. That doesn't always turn out well for the civilians, though." She supposed it was the variety of people and businesses, coupled with the fact that they were right on the sea and had new and exotic strangers flowing in and out all the time. "I'm sure you'll see what I mean once you've been here a bit longer. It's all well and good when a hero can stop a villain, but sometimes they end up making such a mess." Juliet reached out and placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, something that she had picked up on as a girl. Something about making contact with others just made them so much more...receptive. Sociable. It was something she had used to her advantage many times in the past.

"Do let me know if you'd ever like to explore the city," she added, "I've lived here all my life, I'd be more than happy to show off the hometown I'm so very proud of." Yuzuki had started to talk about his friends at school, and his thoughts took a turn for a rather interesting direction. Apparently, he was not at all fond of a young man named Gyles. There was another young man, Max, involved as well, though Yuzuki's feelings towards him were much less hostile. Juliet had to remind herself to keep her face neutrally polite as Yuzuki's thoughts turned towards murder. The passionate anger of the young, that which would fade soon, she was sure, but that didn't mean she couldn't use it to her advantage. Jealousy was powerful.

The thoughts revealed something else as well - the boy possessed powers. How perfect! She could use him, not just for his wit and his family's money, but for his own innate abilities as well. Judging by his thoughts, Yuzuki was very curious about other supers. I can appeal to that easily, Juliet thought as she drew her hand away. Dinner was announced; they would have to continue this conversation at the table. Most of the guests were seated by the time that Juliet and Yuzuki arrive and took their seats. Waiters streamed from the kitchen almost as soon as Juliet was seated, bringing the first course to the table. Mr. Asakura greeted them as they arrived, asking how their chat had gone.

"You have raised a lovely young man," Juliet stated as she smiled at the man and his wife, "I dare say, I should like to make an offer. I'm sure you worry about him being here, so far from home without the two of you. He has that fellow to keep him safe, but I'd like to make myself available as well. I'd be more than happy to look in on him and make sure that he's adjusting to the city, if the two of you would not object." It would be so much easier to win the boy over without his parents around. Juliet hardly even considered the bodyguard a problem. it wouldn't be the first time she had used a man's baser instincts and carnal needs to get what she wanted out of them, nor would it be the last.

Before she got an answer, however, one of the guards was at her side, whispering to her, rapidly explaining that a 'Jack Korvyne' was at the door. He claimed to have a standing job offer, which Juliet confirmed. Then, she decided that she may as well kill two birds with one stone. "Bring him in then," she said, shooing the guard away and feigning concern, "It's freezing outside and it must have started raining by now. Don't keep him out in that. He came all this way, dinner is the least that we can do for him." Not to mention an attempt at recruiting another young, impressionable mind. Juliet smiled and sipped her drink, quite pleased with herself. This dinner party was turning out better by the minute.

Where: Home || With: The Asakuras, eventually Jack || Doing: Schmoozing || Wearing: Dinner Party

Chatty Dabbler

User Image
Maxwell Graves

I hear sweet music in the morning rain
In laughing rivers deep and low

"You and me both, Yulian," Eric responded, finally able to recall the bar owner's name. He liked the Boar well enough and used to visit frequently. These days, though, he preferred to drink and pass out in the comfort of his own home. He chuckled ruefully when Yulian mentioned not knowing he was a father. "Not a lot of people do," he remarked as he crossed his arms and leaned against the wall by the door. His co-workers were aware that he had a child, and that he was protective of him, but not many of them knew his name or had even ever met Max before. Eric kept his son sheltered; the less he was exposed to the city, the better, in his opinion. That was how he had managed to raise such an optimistic and loving boy, when he himself was not really either of those things. However, it also meant that he had raised a naive boy. He sighed and rubbed a hand over his head.

Max glanced at the man and his father as they spoke, apparently recognizing one another. He didn't pay them much mind, however. He had moer important things to take care of, like Gyles. Gyles was cold, cold enough to make him shiver even through the sweater he wore over his t-shirt. Even so, Max didn't let go. He reached up and gently stroked his fingers through Gyles' hair, recalling how he had responded so well to that before. The more he sat and cooed soft, soothing things to his friend, the more Gyles seemed to calm down. Soon, he wasn't so cold anymore, and his laboured breathing was easing. "There we go," Max murmured, smiling at his friend, "Better, yeah? Gotta keep calm. It feels much better than the alternative."

He laughed softly at the apparent surprise of coming all the way down here. "What did you think I was gonna do?" he asked, smiling at his friend, "Leave you to rot? Of course not. You saved me, Gyles, and this is the least that I could do. Besides....you're my friend." This was what friends were for. After another few minutes of hugging and calming words, Gyles had collected himself long enough to pull away. Max wasn't really sure what to do next either. Given how Gyles was talking, no one else in his family had these abilities, not even the sister that had taken him in. Max could understand not wanting her hurt or scared should Gyles have another panic attack like that. The nightmares were going to be problematic as well.

"You could stay with us," Max said, shooting a pleading look at his father, "It would probably be safer. I can help you keep control, and Dad can help you too. He helped me learn to control my powers, and yours are a lot more like his than mine were." His father's geokinesis and Gyles' crykinesis were very similar, in fact. motionally linked, it would seem, and prone to going out of control whenever their master had lost his grip on himself. Eric's self control wasn't the best these days, thanks to thirteen years of alcohol abuse, but it was at least a start. Right?

Where: The Blue Boar || With: Gyles, Dad, Yulian || Thinking: He's okay...but what now? || Wearing: Sunday

The sound of music moved my heart to sing
And takes my mind where gentle breezes blow

Loving Wife

User Image
Zayne Lucian Briaco
Volt

Zayne had been watching the news very religiously as of Friday. It seemed that the "inferior" speedster, Velocity, had returned to Pacific City after years of not being active there at all. Perfect..... I can finally show him up after years of waiting...... There's only enough room for one speedster in Pacific City.... And that spot belongs to me, Volt..... Not you.... The young man had been busy looking at where Velocity had been when he had proclaimed his return. Not much else had been reported in terms of Velocity's return. It seemed that it was just that day that Velocity had been active.

For now, Zayne relented on searching the city for the other speedster. He had much more pressing matters to attend to, such as his family calling for him to attend to a conference. It was just about business, nothing more. Briaco Enterprises was doing amazingly well within the past few years. The family business was on such a good route ever since Zayne had been in charge of the research and development division of the company. He had been a major part in making the company one of the top 3 companies of Pacific City. Zayne had a mind for business and being in charge of R&D helped him in his personal goals but also allowed him to do big business with other research companies all around the world. Soon enough the family company would belong to him and him alone but that would be in the future.

Attending the conference, Zayne was quite bored with listening to his father drone on and on about how the other divisions needed to pull their weight around. If Zayne's division could bring in such big business and profits. then why couldn't the rest of them do the same? Zayne knew it was because they didn't have the aptitude to make huge risks for even greater reward. It also helped being a superhuman, Volt had paid visits here and there to force the deals to finalize. "Dad, I'm a little bored right now. If there isn't anything major that you'd need me to take care of, I'll be on my way. I've got plans outside tonight." Zayne said nonchalantly, no one having anything to task the young billionaire with. With that said, he excused himself from the conference room to leave for the outside world that was Pacific City.

Finally.... Who knows how much longer I could have stayed in that room with all the trash... I guess I've got the night off.... Let's see if I can find out where the speedster is.... Time to suit up... The speedster thought to himself, eager to see if he would encounter Velocity. Dashing towards the underground level of Briaco Enterprises, Zayne soon arrived at his private office in the R&D division. It was more or less, the most luxurious office in all of the whole complex. Zayne was immensely proud of his office, it housed all of his trophies and medals. It was basically the young man's home. If he wasn't busy socializing in the outside world as a billionaire, then he was hard at work here on new projects of his. His family knew he was a superhuman, but they paid no mind to it. Being a superhuman would not be beneficial to the family if he couldn't bring in a profit. There was a wall lined with books that had a secret alcove that could be accessed by Zayne alone. The alcove contained Zayne's suit and any other gear he deemed essential when he would go off as Volt. It also had his own personal notes on all of his abilities and his own files about who Velocity really was. There were other knicknacks in the alcove but they were kept around as items of extravagance.

Walking towards the alcove, Zayne looked at the evidence files one last time. Zayne had speculated that Velocity had been either acquainted with or was related to another speedster, more specifically Accel. Out of all the other speedsters in Pacific City, Accel had been the fastest to have ever been in Pacific City. His top speed clocked in at about Mach 10, it didn't even seem possible to Zayne but the billionaire had become the impossible. Velocity's top speed clocked in at around Mach 1 from the last time he had been in Pacific City and that was the fastest out of all the other speedsters at the time Velocity was still in this city. Zayne was fairly certain that speed had increased, it had to since Zayne's own top speed had increased over the years. It only seemed logical to him that if Velocity had met Accel then that would mean that Velocity had been trained to be faster. On the other hand, if Velocity was related to Accel then that would mean that Velocity would grow to run as fast as or maybe even faster than Mach 10.

After about thirty minutes of speculation, Zayne put away his evidence files and began to suit up. Volt would be in action soon enough, it would surely get Velocity's attention. If Volt simply running around the city didn't do it, the forecast would predict thunderstorms in the city. Either way, Velocity was going to be called out by Volt. He could already imagine their first race, it was going to be memorable, especially to the two speedsters. It would be the beginning of the end for Velocity.

Noob

User Image

Where>> Banquet Hall
xxxxxThoughts>> Should I accept Miss Monroe's offer?
xxxxxxxxApparel>> formal wear
xxxxxxxxxxxWith who>> Jay, Mum, Dad, Miss Juliet, Dad's business partners.

"If Miss Monroe doesn't find it a hastle, that is...", lying behind his mother's doubtful tone was a hint of suspicion in Juliet's sudden generosity. Whether or not it came from a genuinely sincere gesture, no one could really confirm. As friendly as Yuzuki's mother was with her husband's business partner, she kept a certain distance from her when conversations started to lead to private matters or confidential issues, just like his other associates. Yuzuki knew his mother well enough, and likewise she taught him well in saying the right things (minus the Graves' feud).

Now that he reminded himself of it, he did feel a pang of guilt for what he blurted in front of Mr Graves and Jack - about supers' identity and stuff. Probably it was Mr Graves' best interest to keep his identity at an all time low for some unknown reason, but mostly for his and Max's safety. Not like this analogy closely tied with this situation..... at least he got the idea. Maybe he's going to apologize to the Graves tomorrow, after school or something? But seriously though, how did he not think of that at the start when he first entered the kitchen?!

Yuzuki's father paused for a bit, hesitant to say anything further. Then he continued his wife's line,
                                      "But it's fine really. There's no need to trouble you, I'm sure Yuzuki can manage on his own." He looked over to his son, expecting an answer or an opinion without having to ask for it. And all eyes were at Yuzuki, including Miss Monroe who seemed pretty eager of him to accept her offer. She was indeed busy, and Yuzuki doesn't want to cause any more trouble to anyone while he's in Pacific. He has Jay, and aside from being his bodyguard, he's almost like a mentor about the outside world.

"If Miss Monroe doesn't mind, I'm okay with it." Like mother, like son. Their answers matched, close enough. Miss Monroe did propose that she'd oversee his stay, not necessarily she'll be there hovering over him 24/7, he could only seek her help when he needed some assistance, and of course when she's free to reply. The menial and tedious work, he can manage them on his own. Miss Monroe was more of the mentor character judging from her appearance.

From behind Miss Monroe came one of her guards informing her of another late guest who has arrived. By the name Jack Korvyne. Now where has he heard that name before? As the man entered the hall, Yuzuki was almost dumbfounded, shocked? He thought to himself, "What is he doing here?" Of all the people who had to come.

sincerely, evanescent.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Dapper Gaian

You've never lived until you've almost died;
    User Image
    For those who fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.

Riley "Iceburn" Romero

Riley's cell phone sat on the armrest of his couch, ready to blare its alarm at 10:00am sharp. That would've been great if there wasn't a knock on the door at 9:57am. He forced himself awake, groggy and sore. The wounds under his shirt ached, even more-so when he stood up to answer the door. He was at least relieved to see familiar faces when he opened the door. "Mornin', you guys. Come on in," he yawned, motioning an invitation with a wave of his arm.

Riley hadn't been doing much but sleeping while at home recently, so the apartment was still pretty clean at least. Two mismatched couches, an old coffee table, and a small flat screen on its own stand made up the living room, along with a stack of guitars in bags against one corner of the room and a Playstation 2 under the TV, dusty with neglect and flanked by a small stack of games. The living room connected to a small kitchen that had every counter immaculately clean, save the breakfast container he left on the counter. He grabbed this as his friends came in and began working at the omelette; Riley may have been sore, but at least he wouldn't be hungry.

"So what's up? Can I get you a cup of coffee or anything?" He signed the word COFFEE for Valerie, one of only a handful of signs he could remember in his sleep-deprived state. He leaned against one of the counters as he ate, trying not to aggravate his stitched-up wounds with too much movement.

User ImageXXUser ImageXXUser Image

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Married 100
    • Tax Evader 100
    User Image

User Image

Mia Suki - Seductress
                                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fashionable, check. Limo, check. On time, not quite a check. Between their bit of fun and the last minute preparations she had to do in order to get her new plus one in order, she was just as the cusp of being twenty minutes late. As much as one would think that normal, to her it was beyond unacceptable. On time was too late in most cases. Still, she managed to make enough of an entrance, watching as Sebastian got out first, then reached a hand to her, taking her delicate fingers in his and helping her to her feet just outside of the vehicle.

Mia lead the way for the two of them into the household, only taking a moment to smooth talk her way past the guard at the front. She was never on the list, but she also never needed to be. No one knew the wiser except for the hostess herself whom she came specifically to see almost every time. Whom did she she upon her entrance but the beautiful woman herself, sporting a curvaceous blue and black dress. She would have made her way right over to her if it were not for the fact that Juliet was not surrounded by business men for once, but a younger party. She usually did not take interest in youth like that unless there was an underhanded reason behind it, whether it was to get closer to the family, or something darker.

'This is fantastic,' Mia looked to Sebastian, raising one of her dainty brows as a slick smirk pressed her lips. She moved in, her hand sliding over his rear, dragging across it and sending him right onto his toes as she gave his a hard grope; "don't' try to look so excited. This is nothing." She pat his bottom, then give him just a bit of breathing room; "I will go and catch up with a good friend of mine. In the mean time, how about you socialize with those girls over there. They are absolutely your type."

'But you...'

"But I slept with you? Darling, we're not a couple; you only live once. Live it they way you want while you are still young, and never let anything hold you back." She stroked a hand across his shoulders, watching as he drew in a deep breath, and then slowly pulling away from him. She could feel Sebastian's eyes burned into her as she walked away, as well as the eyes of most of the men in the room. He was confident, her stride taking her right over to one case study; dear Reaver.

Her eyes flickered to where his gaze was fiaxated, watching as a woman's dress tarnished by blood out of the blue. That was no average nose bleed, and Bram was absolutely no average man. She came up just behind him, her hands dragging up his back as he leaned in, her plentiful breasts pressing against him, and his head craning just over his shoulder so that she could coo against his cheek; "it's so cute, the two of you." she was able to n** his ear lobe playfully before he could really do anything to separate them, and she would happily let him free if he did.

"Abraham, always a pleasure to see you in full spirits," she hummed. It was then that his daughter had caught up, Mia smiling sweetly to her as she crouched down politely and looked the little cutie in those big beautiful eyes of hers. "Hello, Emma. It's been some time. I missed you." Emma had to be one of her favorite little kids; normally she couldn't care for them, but she had to admit that Reaver had done a fair job bringing her up. "You only get lovelier by the day. You should hit me up when you're of age; I can show you an experience or two you will never forget." She winked, purposefully saying it just to get under Reaver's skin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                WHERE: Juliet's
                                WHO: [Sebastian] , Bram, Emma
                                FASHION: [Formal Event]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
    • The Wolf Within 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Friendly 100
    User Image

User Image

[[exams are coming up soon and I've had a bunch of tests and such recently... sorry for the delays, I'll prolly be slower than usual! <3]]

xxxxxxxIt didn't take long at all before that door was swinging open, revealing a practically nude Calum in its wake... Wearing only a towel around his waist, hair still damp from the shower he'd clearly just finished taking. But it wasn't his lack of clothing that had her breath catching in her throat- rather, it was the sight of the bruise that covered much of his chest that made Valerie's eyes widen, her gaze flickering over the dark purple and blue splotches on his skin. She pointed to it once his attention was no longer on the note she'd given him, her face pulling into a pained grimace at the thought of how bad that had to be hurting. She'd gotten bruises too- only on her upper arms, though, fingerprint marks from where she'd been grabbed too roughly- but they were nowhere near as tender as she imagined Calum's were... Nor as painful as the knife cuts Riley had received. Valerie made a mental note to check on those after they made it upstairs, stepping into Calum's apartment while she waited for him to change into actual clothing.

xxxxxxxThey made their way up the stairs to Riley's place soon after Calum came back out of his bedroom, fully dressed this time. Valerie lingered off to the side as Calum knocked, waiting in silence for their neighbor to answer the door- and Riley didn't look much better off than Calum had, once he had finally pulled that door open, looking like he'd just woken up. Whoops. Clearly that meant he hadn't seen the news yet, either. An apologetic smile crossed her lips when he greeted them and invited them inside, lifting a hand to wave a greeting over her before she stepped into his apartment.

xxxxxxxIt was his kitchen they found themselves in, though she hung back a bit, positioning herself in a way that would make it easier for her to read their lips whenever they talked. And it didn't take long before Riley spoke up, asking them what was up and if they wanted coffee. Coffee... That was something she could go for! Valerie's face brightened a bit at the sign his hands formed, lifting her own hand to sign 'yes ' back. If he knew the sign for coffee, she was more than willing to bet that he knew 'yes' and 'no,' too. As for his first question... Much as she wouldn't have minded this to be a simple social visit, Valerie had only left her apartment to bug them in the first place because of what she'd seen on the news.

xxxxxxxThe redhead held up one finger before she turned to head straight for Riley's TV, locating the remote after a brief search glancing around the living room. The captions were the first thing to be turned on once she'd pressed the power button, lips pursed while she surfed through local news channel after news channel until she finally found what she was looking for. What she wanted to show them- even if she wasn't sure what they were supposed to even do with the information. It was important to her, if nothing else... Valerie still felt horribly guilty over it all, despite the fact that two days had passed since then.

xxxxxxx"Look..." Valerie called out, motioning to the man whose face had made the news- along with the woman who'd made an absolute mess of the cops that had been trying to arrest him, for whatever reason. Her brows furrowed together as she watched the events play out a second time, setting the remote down and stepping back out of the way so that Riley and Calum could watch the news story, too.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

apparel xxx thoughts - "guess who made the news...?" xxx with - calum, riley xxx location - riley's apartment

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff