Total Votes:[ 64 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 143 144 145 > >> >>> »|

Jolly Muse

13,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Relia Rouge

The plague child focused in on the no-longer-a-doll woman's face, taking in all the emotions she was displaying. "...huuuhhhh..." the mummy girl rattled, enjoying the gentle touch on her face for a moment. Even her eyelids drooped for a second... it HAD been awhile since someone had willingly touched her and the goal WASN'T to drain any life force. But even knowing that Relia meant no harm, the bandages on the girl's hood lifted back like snakes rearing to strike. In a split second, the mummy girl's eyes snapped back open and one enormous hand nearly slammed onto Relia's face.

"RELIA." The girl snickered hoarsely, hood bandages settling back into place. "You're ALIVE, that's rather good, wouldn't you say, yes, good! TELL ME, we're both alive yes so we need to see if anyone else is but no one IS so STRIKE that we need to FIND THEM." She jabbered, pulling Relia close. Her hand remained on poor Relia's head, but the mummy girl paid her, well, not much mind. She was too focused on finding the old friend she had just again lost due to this silly war.

Removing her hand and instead squishing her blackened, gaunt face against Relia's and stared at her with a curious side stare. "Pray, do TELL..." the child rattled, her arms wrapping like long scarves around Relia and herself. "Because HAUNT wants to KNOW... where's VIRDI?"

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Aural Rhapsody

Relia jumped flinched at the impact of the young Mummy's hand, surprised by her touch alone more than her excitement. She just had remembered, none of her allies ever saw her human form so even if they did see her, it would be hard for any to recognize her at first.

"Yes...I'm surprised we both survived...I would be even more surprised if the others had made it too." Relia looked around the battlefield with a sadden expression and looked down. So many bodies, so many memories, obliterated in a flash.

The shape shifter snapped out of her forlorn expression when Haunt squished her face against hers and she was embraced in the mummy's hold.
"...'Virdi'...Virdi...! VIRDEL?!" The flashback of the doctor came almost instantly to Relia as her eyes scanned the battlefield. She grew worried as she remembered that Virdel too was effected by a curse and feared the worst. "....."

Jolly Muse

13,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Relia Rouge

Haunt did not move a single centimeter, instead keeping her face plastered against Relia's. Despite the obvious emotion Relia displayed, Haunt disregarded it and instead narrowed her eyes. "....does that mean YES you know where Virdel is or NO you DON'T know where Virdel is or MAYBE you know where Virdel is? Actually..." Haunt paused and sniffed Relia's cheek before suddenly scraping her cheek with a dry sandy tongue. Smacking her lips for a moment, she frowned. "NO, you DON'T know where Virdi is..."

Quickly, Haunt unwrapped herself from Relia and immediately started back off across the battlefield, cackling as usual. However, she stopped and lifted her tiny body backwards and up into the air, effectively staring back at the disheveled woman. "...if you're COMING or if you are GOING either way the way you're going is WRONG so come and help me find Virdi, he's probably LOST and ALONE and hurt and you can nurse him back to HEALTH because I CAN'T because my sand is cursed so it may not help at ALL!" Balancing on one hand, she beckoned Relia follow before popping back on her elongated appendages and striding once more across the empty fields. "I'm SURE he's looking for us right NOW!"

Blessed Spirit

User Image

Durem's streets weren't so empty as one might imagine at such a late hour. Many injured and homeless still littered the streets, unable to access the city hospitals or denied for lack of room to admit more patients. As loathe as he'd been to linger around such sanctuaries, the doctor made a note of checking for a select few comrades to see if they'd been shipped to Durem like he was. There weren't many he could admit to wanting to see in this lifetime or the next.

Admittedly, he'd escaped the blast with only minimal wounds compared to the many grotesquely maimed foot soldiers from the war. Luckily, he also had all of the supplies necessary to treat his own sufferings for the most part. His damaged leg had kept him fairly immobilized while he sent out quiet inquiries from where he was recovering. No one matching the descriptions he'd asked about had been admitted into any of the major hospitals or medical centres. At least now he was able to go out and search by foot, his injuries healed well enough to support travel without pain. Discomfort certainly lingered, but it was easy enough to dismiss.

This evening he paused by several of the lesser medical stations he'd taken note of during his stay in Durem, speaking with several healers within briskly about new patients.

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Aural Rhapsody

Relia's face reddened at the sudden lick, wondering why I lick was supposed to determine whether or not she knew where Virdel was.

"It's true...I don't know where Virdel is...but if he's not among the dead here...many he's already walking among the living...as for healing...I'll need some supplies from Durem...we can start our search there...besides...I need new clothes." The shape-shifter followed the mummy through the wreckage, looking among the bodies before her to see if she knew any familiar faces.

Omnipresent Glitch

Durem had seem to become a different place over the course of time as the shadow being observed. The town was pretty normal for the most part when he has first arrived, but eventually the town was hit by a mass of people the filled up the establishments and eventually spilled out onto the streets.
Apparently from what he had heard from bits of conversations from these new migrates was that there was a war between a rabbit and a pumpkin that ended via a nuke.
Either these people had lost a few screws from the blast, or Gaia was more of a bizarre place then he imagined.
Trying to get any more information other that or even new information that was difficult. Most of the people who knew what had happened were either too hurt or busy to pay him much mind. And the war and the nuke going of was the only thing that was talked about here. It was starting to put the shadow being into a bad mood that he wasn't able to gather any sort of information. He felt like he was just wandering around the streets trying -just barely- to avoid stepping onto people to learn absolutely nothing he didn't already know.
There had to be someone around here who wasn't half brain dead from being injured and wasn't busy.
Or so he hoped. So far he hadn't found anyone tonight and he was starting the question if some of the people he stepped on laying on the streets were even alive to the point that he was nudging them with his bat to see if they responded.

Blessed Spirit

User Image

"No, that won't be necessary. It's appreciated."

A curt nod was offered to the nurse he'd questioned, glancing around the makeshift tent. For all that he hated his time being wasted, he held no fondness for wasting others' time either. Once it became apparent that none of those he sought were recovering in the shoddy healing centre, the doctor turned back to the crowded streets with a marked look of disdain. Disease was already festering and spreading, despite the paramedics' and clerics' best efforts. A number of expired bodies littered the alleys and entrances of haphazard shelters. There were simply too many wounds left untreated in miserable conditions like these.

It was unfortunate that he wasn't in any position to leave yet. Shifting his weight back onto his left leg he set off again. He paused when rounding a corner on his way to the next medical encampment, catching sight of a peculiar man- or what he thought was a man in the dark- prodding at corpses and people alike who'd fallen. Not an uncommon habit, but certainly disgusting. The object the stranger held was just as capable of spreading around infection.

"You're more likely to catch something than get a response from them that way," the doctor informed the stranger, adjusting the strap on his unmarked medical case slung over one shoulder. "This isn't precisely one of the most sanitary districts."

Omnipresent Glitch

Seeing as he wasn't going to get a response from anyone he was currently around- either due to them being out cold or simply dead- the shadow being scowled slightly as he moved his bat away from the body he was poking at.
He would have moved on from where he was, but instead of he stopped by the sound of someone informing him how he'll be sure to catch something as the place wasn't the most sanitary.

"Oh, well then color me surprised! I couldn't tell with all the bodies littering the floor. I must be extremely blind, thank you for pointing this out to me."

The shadow being looked over at the stranger with a hint of interest in his eyes.

"I'm surprised to see a responsive person wandering around so late at night though. You got any reason to be up and about so late?"

((Edit:I just realized I might be busy tomorrow and won't be able to make a post. If any progress happens assume Brook is poking dead bodies on the street. Don't worry I'll be back early Monday!))

Blessed Spirit

User Image

It was with practiced patience that the doctor kept his features smooth, appearing calm but tired. He certainly wanted to knock the smarmy creature upside the head. Clearly the idiot couldn't tell what was sanitary and what wasn't if he was frolicking around in the evening poking at bodies without abandon. His commentary wasn't voiced however: after all, he had only himself to blame for initiating this conversation. A lesson learned, he decided, and met the shadow being's eyes with a calculating look of his own.

"As impossible as the notion might find you, not everyone frequenting this city is a blithering dolt. The vast majority, absolutely," he made sure to correct, "But not all. I'll leave you to your corpses," the doctor said, shrugging the shoulder that supported the strap of his medical case. "It would seem as though we've business that doesn't concern one another."

It was the closest to a 'good night' as the doctor would come as he began to walk on, toward the medical encampment he'd set his sights on down the street. He didn't feel inclined to answer the stranger's question in any degree of detail: after all, it was complicated to explain briefly. Not to mention bizarre. Then again, the realm of Gaia seemed to thrive on oddities and unimaginable possibilities.

(( edit: unless I get a post in tomorrow morning, assume Virdel went back to his recovery hideaway in Durem if it progresses to people meeting up in the city? I'll be back Monday evening. ))

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
((Edit: I'll be out tomorrow too))

Jolly Muse

13,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Relia Rouge

A look of mild confusion crossed Haunt's face. With an arm wrapping itself around her own neck, the mummy child put a thoughtful finger to her chin. "Durem is where Virdi is? WHY would he be THERE, is that where he LIVES now? Is Durem CLOSE to here? Why would you need new CLOTHES, I think you look SHINY." Haunt's rapid fire questions were stopped by a quick pause, in which the cursed girl took a moment to actually register Relia's words. Well, Haunt knew that Virdel had more sense than to actually die, so she ruled the fact that he may be among the surrounding corpses immediately. The next thought was indeed of Virdel's whereabouts, seeing that he was probably most likely seemingly maybe but most definitely alive. Well, it had only been a little while since the explosion of Halloween Town; Virdel couldn't have gotten too far!

With a bizarre popping sound emanating from her back, Haunt stretched her tiny torso and legs before grinning a bleached-white smile at Relia. "Perhaps we SHOULD go to Durem, HMM? I dunno where that IS, so lead the way, DOLL LADY! EheheheHEH!"

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Aural Rhapsody

Relia nodded and maneuvered her way out of the wreckage as she began walking. She had calmly prepared herself to answer all of her friend's questions but, even she was unsure if Virdel would show up in town or not. Still, Durem wasn't very far.

"...'doll lady'...you know, I wonder if...I can still change...however, my dead doll form is most likely damaged from the explosion. As for you...I guess you can't really kill the dead but...how did you survive that bomb with all of your limbs attached, Haunt?"

Jolly Muse

13,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Relia Rouge

Haunt followed Relia, bouncing slightly each times her giant palms hit the ground. "Hmmm..." Haunt hummed, eyes swiveling from corpse to corpse as she passed. Despite the dismal setting around the duo, Haunt maintained her mischevious attitude. Perhaps it's because she was no longer alone? Maybe. Either way, the mummy girl cackled cheerfully as she clacked her sharp teeth together. "They didn't TRY hard enough, doll-lady~ Or MAYBE I just HID too well, eheheh!"

To further emphasize her point, Haunt paused for a moment, quivering at full height before shaking herself viciously, almost like a wet dog. Her bandages shook a little loose, clods of dirt and splintered wood littering the ground. Realizing a couple of gold coins had fallen out of her body, Haunt quickly plucked them back of the ground and chucked them up into her mouth. Clinking loudly, she launched herself after Relia.

As they both headed in the direction of Durem, the cheerful mummy child swung her legs back and forth between her arms, which held her above the ground a little higher than Relia. "Hey, DOLL-LADY.... when will we GET to DUREM, ehhhh...?"

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Aural Rhapsody

Relia looked up to her mummy friend and giggled as she tilted her head, "Well Haunt, that all depends on one question...do you like to fly? I just happen to have a form that will allow me to take to the skies but, if you don't like flying I'm sure a could find another form that allows me walk fast."

Jolly Muse

13,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Relia Rouge

"NNNGH, Relia can get us there faster? How INTERESTING..." Haunt hissed, her huge grin almost unsettling. Truth be told, Haunt was, somewhere within her topsy-turvy mind, mildly worried for her closest friend. The sooner Relia managed to get herself and the Plague Child to Durem, the better... well, if Virdel was THERE, of course.

((OOC: OMFG, I AM SO SORRY. I know it's been entirely too long, but I started my new job and we're getting ready to move again, so life has been so intensely hectic. I'm totally sorry, but as soon as Haunt and Relia get to Durem, this show can get on the road. :'D))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff