Willy be okay?

Yes 0.125 12.5% [ 8 ]
No. 0.03125 3.1% [ 2 ]
Willy will never be okay. 0.28125 28.1% [ 18 ]
Willy, are you okay? You okay? You okay, Willy? 0.5625 56.2% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 64 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 143 144 145 > >> >>> »|

Omnipresent Glitch

When Relia introduced herself Brook stared at her slightly confused. A shape-shifter? What in the world was that supposed to be? He shook off his confusion though. He could just probably ask later. It probably wasn't too important what she was so long as he knew her name.

When Virdel answered that he was just passing through, the shadow being made a somewhat annoyed sound as he looked at the doctor. "Passing through just like everyone else huh? Kind of like the ones who claim about being in some ridiculous war with a rabbit and..." his sentence trailed off as something seemed to click his brain staring at Virdel.

Oh. Right. The shadow being let out a frustrated tsk as he stared at the demon doctor. He was clearly aggravated for some reason.

"Can I just ask you something. Are you completely insane???"

Blessed Spirit

User Image

Virdel wasn't sure what had set off the snarky shadow this time. Just a moment ago he'd made a fairly sufficient battler- or distraction at the very least. Now he seemed beyond offended and he wasn't entirely certain of why. Was he loyal to Durem, or Gaia? Did the idea of moving on really upset him? Either way, the guy was staring at him. Possibly with all of his eyes. It was hard to tell, honestly.

"Ridiculous is precisely the word for that unnecessary brawl," Virdel agreed. He lifted both hands up in a motion that was meant to be calm and placating, since he didn't have any sort of quarrel to pick with Brook. The battle was done and he didn't feel like picking a scrap with someone anytime soon.

"No need to ask permission to for a question, friend. I'm entirely sane." One of his eyes did narrow slightly as he swept his hands back to his sides.
"Is there some reason you'd consider that to be untrue?"

Omnipresent Glitch

Although highly irritated at this point, Brook was relatively calm still.
That was until Virdel made another gesture.
The second the shadow being saw the doctor do this, all four of his eyes widened slightly and him swung his bat at Virdel's general direction.

He wasn't trying to hit the doctor of course, but he was trying to make a point.

"Stop doing that! Do you have any idea what you're doing?!" Brook hissed at the doctor.

Blessed Spirit

User Image

The doctor decided that Gaia wasn't so unlike the Netherworld after all as he watched the bat go sailing by his face. People were just as likely to help you out in battle as they were to swing a bat at your face and hiss at you all the while, all in a span of less than two minutes. Yep. Just like home.

"I like to think I'm usually mindful of what I'm doing," Virdel straightened his tie, giving Brook a level and calculating stare. Once again he felt pangs of regret that his flask of holy light had been spent during the Halloween War. He'd have to set aside time to get the materials for new ones as soon as possible.

"You seem to believe otherwise. We're not enemies, but I'd advise you to keep your weapon to yourself. If you're in need of something to help calm you down I might very well provide it." If things really got bad he could always attempt to sedate the shadow fellow, but he didn't relish the idea. It was always hit or miss if the medicine would work well with supernatural creatures, even with liberal amounts of over-dosage.

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
The shape-shifter came in between the two men to ease the tension she felt that was growing in the small distance between them, "Hey, we just got out of a not too easy battle...we're probably exhausted. I don't know about you guys but I can use a bite to eat. I think Haunt could use a rest too."

Relia still need to change out of her tattered Halloween clothes and wasn't sure where she should go next, but the main objective of finding Virdel was a success and that's all that mattered to her.

Omnipresent Glitch

The shadow being let out a short laugh at what Virdel said about being mindful and if he needed help with being calm.

“Oh I'm quite calm right now. I think you would know if I wasn't! And mindful...? Ha! Well obviously you aren't too mindful as you think you are since you're so stupid enough to keep gesturing at me! Do you even know what that-”

Brook cut himself off though when Relia stepped between the two of them and sighed a bit. She wasn't wrong about the whole feeling exhausted thing. At least on his part, he was feeling downright drained at this rate. But it was more due to dealing with Virdel's silly gestures than the actually fight that was exhausting him.

"Fine. If you need rest and... Food, I guess? I'm not getting in your way. Your needs are probably far greater than mines anyways."

Blessed Spirit

User Image

When Brook continued in his indignant manner, Virdel had to call upon his reserves of patience and discipline with all of his might. Forget the sedatives, he thought. It'd be more satisfying and resourceful to just cut open the testy shadow and flood him with light. A thought that was immediately tucked away as Relia stepped forward, suggesting that they get some food and tend to more pressing matters. Virdel bowed his head slightly to her, all too eager to drop the argument with Brook and carry on. It was childish to bicker with a bat wielding idiot who thought that gesturing was some offense, and he had to remind himself that he should be above such petty things.

"Apologies," he said mostly to Relia. "You're precisely right. This is an hour of celebration, if nothing else! That devil's been vanquished and we've a victory to our names, don't we?" The doctor was quite happy about that, his eyes trailing over to Haunt and... that other guy who was still loitering. "Rest would be sorely appreciated for all of us. Did you have a place in mind?"

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Relia rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment, "I have an apartment here in Durem but with the 5 of us I just hope it doesn't get to crowded for everyone. Still, I'm sure we can work something out if we decide to head back to my place...yet...um..."

She looked down in disbelief: Relia hadn't been home since the explosion. This meant that most likely, all the food and liquids in her fridge were spoiled by now. Was it even safe to even walk in? But since she didn't pay rent she was probably was kicked out by now. Relia's thoughts were clear through her expression as she slumped to the ground sadly. "..."

Blessed Spirit

User Image

Quirking one brow up, Virdel had to question how Relia had counted five. There was Haunt, Relia, and himself. Unless... unless of course she was thinking of inviting the other two? That had to be it, for whatever reason. He wasn't about to list the many reasons he could suggest that was a bad idea, though. The idea of an apartment was promising and infinitely better than where he'd been staying for most of the week. When she slumped on the ground he looked further confused, used to seeing that stance only when she was a doll.

"Come, friend. Why such despair?" Virdel offered his hand to her, gently guiding her back to her feet should she take it.

"You're not defeated as easily as that, are you? Whatever the matter, we'll find another means," the doctor assured her.

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
Demon Seraph
She looked up and shook her head as she took Virdel by the hand to stand back up. "You don't understand...I just remembered that, because of my absence...I don't have anything anymore...no food, no shelter...no home."

It's true Relia could just take in Haunt and Virdel, but she wanted to at least repay Brook too. As for Jackie, he WAS being kind and concerned for Haunt's well-being so that counted for something, at least to her it did. "what should I do...I didn't even think about it until now..."

Omnipresent Glitch

The shadow being gave Relia a look of perplexity when she mentioned all 'five of us'. What did she mean by that? He did a quick head count; obviously there was Virdel and Relia so that was two, and he could indeed see the two others that seemed preoccupied...
Wait. Did that mean he got invited to stay at the house?

Brook was about to ask her if this was the case, but before he could he saw that she had this expression like if she had just been emotionally broken. Or... At least that's what he thought it was. He really wasn't good with the whole trying to figure out what emotions someone was displaying to how they were actually feeling.

Then he figured out why she appeared like that. Wow, so she didn't actually have a house to stay in? What a bummer.

"Well I guess that means we're going to have to find a different mean of shelter and food then... That's not a big deal right?"

Blessed Spirit

User Image

Ah, so that was the issue at hand. The doctor's eyes became thoughtful as he gave his head a light shake.

"That's untrue. Nothing is a powerful word, and you have much more than that. How long have you been away from your living quarters? Are you absolutely certain they're unavailable?" Virdel hadn't had much use for gold, though he had several ideas on how he could get more very quickly with how desperate people were for decent medical hands to help. He wasn't an expert on portals either, but if he could get at his Netherworld account there ought to be plenty to cover any expenses.

"Even if that is the case, it's as he says," he offered a nod to Brook. "We simply find a different means of shelter that's adequate for our numbers," Virdel tried not to sigh out that last word.

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
//Going to head to bed and answer stuff tomorrow, night! :3

Edgiest Kitten

16,700 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • The Edgiest 250
"Since the beginning of the first war...I've been a doll the whole time, and the curse didn't break until after the second battle..."

As sad as she felt about the situation, the two demons seemed more positive and more at terms than they were a few minutes ago. Maybe it was because of the fact that they were in need of food and shelter and arguing didn't seem as important at the moment. Relia grew even happier when Virdel counted Jackie and Brook.

"You're right, what about Brook or Jackie?"

Blessed Spirit

User Image

"Since the first war," he repeated thoughtfully. While he couldn't relate to being trapped in the form of a battle doll, the doctor did understand the frustrations of being bound against one's will. "That is an impressive amount of time." Impressive was one way to put it. Whoever owned the apartments had probably long since abandoned any notion that Relia was coming back. It could still be infinitely worse. The situation wasn't entirely miserable yet, and he fully intended to celebrate his freedom without despair. At this, he recalled something he'd been meaning to do before the explosion.

"Haunt?" The doctor called to the Plague child after another moment of thought. He directed his attention back to Relia and Brook in the meantime. He decided to ignore the question regarding the others. If they wanted to tag along, he wouldn't protest openly. Relia didn't seem to mind them so much as he did.

"We've several matters to attend. Dining and lodging, of course," he said, giving a lightly dismissive wave. "If you can think of places you'd prefer, I can arrange for those to be taken care of, so it's really a matter of what order you'd like to go about them." After a short pause he pushed his glasses back into place, clearing his throat.

"While I mean no offense, we're both due for something of a change in our apparel whenever is convenient," Virdel said, trying to be polite about the sorry shape their clothes were in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff