Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Noob

User Image

It was the middle of the night, and it seemed as though for a while now, things had calmed down. For hours, Adam sat in his corner, awake, but on the edge of slumber; constantly dozing off and snapping back to full consciousness. A loud banging sound resonated from his door. The bright white light from the halls aggressively burst into the room, causing Adam to cover his face with his little arm, looking away. After a few seconds of adjustment, a silhouette was taking large but slow steps closer. Then another figure appeared and approached Adam. Both were large men, who signaled with a quick turn of his head followed by his entire body to follow him. " Come. " With a frown, Adam hesitatingly got up and followed the two uniform men.

Eventually after multiple turns, Adam had followed the guards to one of the facilities labs - Adam's second room in his so called 'home'. Beyond the towering guards, he could see one of his favorite doctors holding a clipboard and directing some others clad in lab coats who were hurriedly buzzing around. Adam ran up to her and hugged her. She turned around and patted him on the head.

" Hey Adam, how are you? " she said with a gentle smile, the same one always glued on her face. A man across the room called for her assistance. She gave a quick glace to Adam with a look of concern and worry upon her face before responding to the other scientist, " I'll be right there. " She turned around and put her hand on his shoulder, " Alright Adam, I am going to get you some more medicine, okay? You know where to sit by now, right? I'm counting on you big boy! " She quickly made her way to her coworker as they finished setting up the experiment which they call 'medicine'.

Adam's smile faded as he turned around and walked towards the chair, knowing already that this would be another painful night. Hopping onto the chair, a couple of assistants strapped him down, and instructed him to open his mouth, placing a guard inside to prevent from biting. They rubbed and cleaned the area with alcohol and applied a local anesthetic cream on his neck. After a few minutes of waiting, the anesthetic had set in, and the medicine was finally prepared. An IV was put into his arm, and his blood pressure and heart beat were being monitored. Then, the doctor came back, and in her hand, were two syringes; one contained a clear liquid, while the other was filled with a crimson, blood-like substance.

She smiled at him once again, " Okidoki Kiddo! I know you don't like this, but it will make you nice and strong. You know girls like strong boys, right? " Adam nodded, and squeezed his eyes shut. " Alright, you'll feel a little pinch here.... "

She slowly injected the clear substance into his jugular vein. Adam felt the ice cold liquid flowing through his veins. This time she gave no warning. She quickly grabbed the other syringe and injected the red ooze into the same site. He felt a little pressure, and a burning sensation as this liquid flowed into his bloodstream.

" The catalyst has been injected, " she reported.

" Good. Let us wait and see the reaction. " a man in the back replied.

Suddenly a huge explosion of pain radiated from his chest. With every heartbeat, a stabbing sensation. With every breath taken, the pain was like inhaling pure lava. Adam began to jerk around, unable to sit still from the pain. Tears were running down his beet red face. His body was shaking, and then something amazing happened. The intense general pain abruptly ceased.

" Look... " another scientist stated with awe

" We did it... "

" - His veins, they're... "

" It's the catalyst and serum reacting with his DNA make up, enhancing his powers. " said the lead doctor of his experiments.

" He's glowing purple... "

The whole room was mesmerized. With every heartbeat ,Adam's veins pulsed with a glowing purple light. And then, he passed out.

Suddenly a loud noise shook him awake, and he found himself free of his restrains on the bed of his room, the door wide open and many others running around freely. The loud sounds were beating his head like a drum. Everything looked distorted, and his head was killing him. Adam, with trouble, got up and felt the ache in his neck - his entire body was sore. The boy stumbled to his door and saw other Mutants and guards fighting and running around. Blood and bodies were everywhere, but Adam's mind was not focused on that. He did not know what was going on.

Adam felt a hard, dull pain on his side and head. He was on the floor again, knocked back by a mutant who was running away in panic. He turned around, a vulgar creature, and spit in anger, " Watch where you goin' you little s**t head I'll ********' kill ya! "
Greg Candor

Greg stared at the cieling of his cell while lying on his bed, unable to sleep for the night. The shabby slab of springs posing as a bed, the unfamiliar and stressful conditions of his new "home", the impromptu nap from his earlier encounter with the lab's gung-ho security, or some combination of the three scenarios prevented him from obtaining the sweet temporary reprieve from this all-around shitty situation in this all-around shitty institution. Not that he would have managed to sleep for very long, anyway, as the fire alarm's blaring sirens and sprinkler system soon put an axe to everyone's rest. With the fire alarm also overriding the cell door locks in order to prevent safety hazards, the safety hazard of another riot quickly erupted in the halls as fellow mutants once again assaulted everyone in arm's reach. Remembering the earlier mutterings of a riot to stage an escape through the cafeteria, Greg knew that he needed to join the fray despite all common sense to the contrary.

...Where's the cafeteria, again?

Being carted straight to the cafeteria after his admission and being unconscious for the trip to his cell left Greg with no idea where his cell was in relation to the rest of the lab. But a handicap was no excuse for inaction, not when a surely rare chance of escape was presenting itself. With no idea where he was or where to go, the answer to Greg's problems was simple: look around until something happened. Preferably a good something.

With the cramped space of the hallway, various mutated limbs out for blood in said cramped quarters, and the guards having proved themselves to be assholes, Greg decided that trying to be careful and considerate was no longer an option. Grabbing hold of his left arm, Greg morphed the entirety of it into a slab of metal with a handle: "riot shield" in hand, Greg shoved his door open, picked a direction, and charged forward with his head ducked down behind his shield. No amount of claws, talons, tentacles, bodies, or oddly scalding sprinkler water slowed his blind advance, bowling over any and every poor b*****d in his wake like a stampeding elephant. The only thing that stopped him was whenever he ran headlong into a wall, at which point he picked a new direction and charged again.
Chuck Byrne

Chuck let out a heavy sigh and took one more gulp of water, emptying the bottle. "Well. I guess I should get up." He prepared himself, and bounced off of the wall and used the momentum to get to his feet. His clothes were soaked. Fantastic. Hopefully they wouldn't sour. Pushing past these thoughts, Chuck walked over to the sink and filled up the empty water bottles. "Well, this time I can't exactly draw attention to myself like last time, I guess." Chuck stood in front of the door, and adjusted his hoodie, which was now sticking to his back. He looked down to his sneakers and made sure they were laced up properly, and then slung his backpack back over his shoulder.
Chuck shook his head in an attempt to shake some water out of his hair, but obviously didn't make much progress due to the sprinklers throwing more water on him immediately. Chuck slowly slid the door open, and stepped out even slower, surveying his surroundings to make sure that the big red b*****d wasn't on the hunt for him. Seeing that the coast was clear, Chuck edged out of the cell and took a slight jog around the corner. People were still brawling, but there was some large commotion behind him as apparently some weird bug girl was absolutely beasting on anything in her way. Chuck decided not to get in her way. He took a few more steps when he heard the pipes she was using clatter to the ground, and he quickened his pace. Whatever was strong enough to end her was definitely strong enough to end him.
He looked forward, and through the crowd of freaks he saw what looked like elevator doors. Chuck decided that if there was anything that would help him get out of here, it would be that elevator. Shaking hair out of his face, Chuck juked around a lizard-like thing and sprinted for the elevators slamming the call button once before putting his back to the wall to protect himself, and waited for the elevator...which couldn't come fast enough.
Greg Candor

Predictably, Greg's plan of "run blindly and hope everything works out" was producing sub-optimal results as far as the intention of escape was concerned. It was working fantastically for breaking doors, crushing various limbs, and putting other people between a mobile rock and a hard place. Greg didn't particularly care for the sound of crunching bone, much less the worsening sounds of the riot as lives loudly began to be ended in some nearby area of the lab. Nausea and fear would have to wait until after something happened during Greg's random rampaging, however, even if the odds of that something being a good something have started to rapidly dwindle.

Where's that cafeteria already?

Unfortunately for Greg's question, the location of the fabled food court would forever remain a mystery. Fortunately for Greg, an alternate route presented itself in the form of an elevator shaft in the halls, miraculously ignored in the mad crowd. Even more miraculously, the panel to work the elevator was still intact despite being rammed by Greg's shield moments prior.

"That'll do."

Eager to escape the masses, Greg returned his transformed left arm to normal and unnecessarilly mashed the button to call for the elevator: even if it didn't magically have a direct path to freedom, leaving this hellhole in a hellhole was a start. Taking a quick look around himself to make sure no guards caught him or any rowdy mutants tried to pick a fight, Greg noticed a boy close to his age standing close to the elevator, staring at him with a mix of shock and confusion through his damp long hair. What Greg failed to notice was that this fellow mutant had already called for the elevator before he even arrived to mash the button, and that the boy was almost added to the unknown number of people forcefully introduced to the wall. Seeing as this mutant was (currently) non-hostile, Greg decided to introduce himself with his usual eloquence.

"I'm leaving. Can we leave with this?"
Chuck Byrne

[******** me!" exclaimed the soaked mutant as he flinched and tried to bring himself closer to the wall. A massive mutant had just slammed into the wall at full force, barely a foot away from where Chuck was standing. After it had settled down, Chuck got a good look at him. He was big. Really ******** big. Like, you wouldn't believe how ********' huge this guy was. He had short, blonde hair and a bit of an expressionless face. He was wearing gym clothes, a tank top and some shorts. But the weirdest part about him was that his left arm was some type of shield...thing. Then again, Chuck had just dodged past a human-sized lizard, so he could believe it. The guy morphed the shield back into a normal, well, a bit too massive to be called normal,arm. The tank of a man began mashing the call button for the elevator and then looked around, noticing Chuck.
********. Chuck clenched, if you know what I mean. He barely survived Big Red, and he was still kinda weak from that, no condition to fight at full force, which is what he'd need to take down this big ********.

"I'm leaving. Can we leave with this?"

Praise Poseidon, he's friendly! Chuck unclenched and took a deep breath, even letting his relaxation be shown to what he hoped was a new partner. Realizing he'd let himself slip, Chuck quickly regained his posture and smiled at the big guy. "Yeah, with any luck. I already called it though, so you shouldn't have to keep mashing it. Y'know, unless that kind of repetitive motion is how you got so ripped, in which case, please carry on." The big guy kept pressing the button in hopes the elevator would show up sooner. Chuck looked up and saw the elevator only needed a few more floors until it got to what he hoped was this one. It needed to get here faster. Chuck turned around, and was faced with an average-looking kid. That was, until Chuck looked further and saw that he had crab claws for hands. And that one of them was slowly going for his throat.

"Woah man, take it easy there. No need to get crabby, alright? The kid smiled and chuckled a bit, before grimacing again and talking in what he probably thought was the most intimidating voice ever. "You better get outta the way, chump. Unless you want your throat snipped in half. And after that, I'll take care of ya big friend here. Beat it!" Chuck nodded and raised his hands, slowly walking around the guy as he creeped towards Chuck's new friend. Oh no, what was Chuck going to do?! What a horrible situation, how would he ever solve this?

That's what some kind of loser would think, probably. Instead, as soon as Chuck was behind the mutant, he kicked one of the crab's knees, sending him crashing down to the floor. Chuck quickly circled around to face him, smiled, and gave him a quick uppercut that sent the rest of his body down to the floor. "It's best for you if you just peace out, Mr. Krabs. I don't wanna have to make boiled crab. I don't even have any butter!" The mutant obliged, but with the best growl he could manage before a soft whimper.

The elevator dinged and opened, and Chuck's new friend turned around to let him know, but before he could open his mouth he saw the crab-man running away and furrowed his brow as if to ask what happened. Chuck just smiled at him and replied "Oh, it was nothin', man. Let's go. Maybe we can find somethin' in the garage, right?" Chuck stepped into the elevator and took the back right corner, looking at his new friend. "Honor of pressing the button is all yours, bud. By the way, I'm Chuck." Chuck raised a hand and waved, then leaned back onto the wall and prepared for what he hoped would be a relaxing elevator ride.
Greg Candor

The fellow mutant was thankfully forgiving of almost being turned into a stain on the wall, and answered Greg's question with words rather than violence.
"Yeah, with any luck. I already called it though, so you shouldn't have to keep mashing it. Y'know, unless that kind of repetitive motion is how you got so ripped, in which case, please carry on." Interpreting that as a request to continue pressing the button, Greg obliged and proceeded to call the elevator with more gusto.

After what felt like eternity, the golden gates to Valhalla finally opened. Well, more like metal sliding doors to a drab box on a hoist, but it might as well have been a gateway to some heavenly realm or other. Turning to make sure his new friend didn't get dragged off or something, Greg saw a kid with crab claws for hands running away from the rather unassuming boy. Greg's non-verbal confusion was noticed.
"Oh, it was nothin', man. Let's go. Maybe we can find somethin' in the garage, right?" Having no objections to leaving this riot (and hopefully this whole lab) behind, Greg followed the boy into the elevator.

"Honor of pressing the button is all yours, bud. By the way, I'm Chuck."

Chuck gave a wave of the hand before reclining against the wall, intending to make good use of the momentary reprieve the elevator presented. Greg gave his own introduction as he pressed the button for the garage and gave the "close doors" command a customary mashing. "Greg Candor." As the doors finally closed to deny any potential hangers-on, the two escapees were met with an awkwardly silent ride. Relative silence between the two of them in comparison to the ruckus filling the rest of the lab, anyway. Hoping to break this relative quiet, Greg made his best attempt at sparking conversation with his new buddy,

"What do you do? I lift weights."
Chuck Byrne

Greg, eh? What a boring name for such an interesting guy. Chuck nodded at him, and once Greg had pressed the close button and faced the wall, Chuck got a bottle of water out of his bag and drank half of it. Wouldn't hurt to have a bit of energy going into the garage, just in case. Chuck thought of making conversation, but he figured that Greg wasn't the talking type. He leaned his head back once again, before he heard a few simple words that opened up a new, magical door to friendship, happiness, and sunshine. Or, at least, friendship. Maybe.

"What do you do? I lift weights."

What do you do? That's a bit of a broad statement. Chuck scratched his head and turned 90 degrees, still leaning on the wall but this time facing Greg. He'd have to do most of the talking for this conversation, probably. So, Chuck took a deep breath, before sighing and smiling at his new tank of a friend. "Well, it depends what ya mean as far as what I do. If you mean for fun, I'm a big wrestling fan. Huge. Well, not literally. That'd be you. Music isn't too bad either. And movies and cartoons are pretty fun too. If you mean for a job, I didn't really have one. Well, definitely not now, but back before I got sent here I really didn't have one. I would just mow some lawns around the suburbs that I lived in, get enough to buy some shirts, CDs, tickets, stuff like that. And, if you mean those weird abilities that apparently everyone in this facility has, I can do stuff with water. Oh yeah, that reminds me."

Chuck slightly rocked off of the wall, and with a slight movement of his hand, took away all of the extra water and moisture off of him and his clothes. "Never did like the way my hair looks when it's super wet, y'know. Oh, sorry, lemme help you out there." With that, Chuck did the same to Greg, putting both small spheres of water into a puddle in the far corner of the elevator where it wouldn't do any harm. The guys were both dry now, and didn't look ridiculous anymore. Well, not as much. You'd probably still look twice if you saw a toned tall guy in a hoodie and jeans walking with a jacked giant in work-out clothes. Chuck slipped off his backpack for a moment, getting out one of his bottles of water. He threw it back over his shoulder and put on the other strap, then walked over to Greg.

"Here. I'm sure a lifting junkie like you knows it's good to stay hydrated, eh?" Chuck reached out and offered the bottle to Greg with a smile. "So, while we're talking about how we're genetic freaks, why don't you tell me about that weird shield thing you have going on? And tell me a bit about yourself after that. I don't go gallivanting off with any random guy, y'know. You have to butter me up on the first date."
[ Emily Walker ]

Emily was slipping. The longer she stood there with her eyes closed, the harder it was to keep her arms in the air. Though she had convinced her body to stay put, her mind was eager to flee the scene, and it seemed completely fine with knocking the body out if it had to. It seemed like ages passed as she stood there, waiting... Waiting for what exactly? What was she doing here? Just as she was about to lower her arms in confusion, something grabbed hold of them, and from an odd angle. Drake was above her, and as his hands tightened around her arms, she was quickly pulled off her feet and into the air.

Though she was pretty light weight, the strain on her weakened arms was intense, and she really didn't think they would hold out. She kept her eyes closed out of fear, until she suddenly felt the hands around her arms loosen, and when she opened them, found herself flying away from Drake. He looked really upset. On her own face, the expression he read as betrayal was more a look of complete confusion, a reflection of the struggle to understand exactly what had just happened, the fear of what was about to happen, and ultimately the acceptance that she probably deserved it. The fall was brief, and she barely had time to pull her limbs toward her body when suddenly it stopped. A jolt of pain in her shoulders as her arms stopped the fall, an odd stab in her ankle as her shoes had a lessened impact with the pavement. She knew splattering on the pavement was, for the moment, no longer an option, but the relief didn't set in until she looked up, seeing Drake above her once more.

He looked down at her, for some reason apologizing. Still confused, though her mind was working harder than ever, she gave him a dizzy looking half smile, and with a drunk sort of chuckle responded, "A-ha, you saaved me~"

Her neck quickly tired of looking up at him, and her head drooped again. She heard him tell her not to look down, but it was a bit late for that. She wasn't scared, though. There were no more enemies immediately around them, and not counting the weight of two being supported by one who could barely support himself moments ago, it felt like there was no immediate danger. Emily could feel Drake's claws digging into her arms, and it was somehow comforting - She knew his grip was solid, though she still turned her wrists to hold on to his arms when he told her to hold on tight. The garage was in view, and she had confidence that they would make the landing... Or, at the very least, that any landing trouble would be the least of their worries when they got there.

Greg Candor

Chuck's response to Greg's terse and vague question was to go on a list of answers covering every possible interpretation. Was this happening? Was someone actually willing to engage in conversation with the imposing being of muscle? Somewhere, a pig probably became an angel that then grew its wings and proceeded to fly. Holy pig or no, Greg quietly listened to Chuck's answers and responded with silent nods up until Chuck demonstrated his hydrokinesis. Taken aback by the sudden not-dampness of his everything, Greg confusedly felt his clothes and hair to confirm that they had indeed been instantly dried.

"Here. I'm sure a lifting junkie like you knows it's good to stay hydrated, eh?"

As Greg gave himself a patdown, Chuck walked over and offered a gift. A mere bottle of water, but still a gift. With a smile. The holy pig has now ascended to become the Lesser God of Swine and Poultry and Kickass Dirtbike Stunts. "So, while we're talking about how we're genetic freaks, why don't you tell me about that weird shield thing you have going on? And tell me a bit about yourself after that. I don't go gallivanting off with any random guy, y'know. You have to butter me up on the first date." Accepting the water with a "Thank you," Greg took a sip before answering. "I make things."

Reciprocating Chuck's courtesy of providing a demonstration, Greg propped himself against a wall near the puddle of water Chuck made in the process of drying the two of them, and morphed one of his lower legs into a plastic "CAUTION: WET FLOOR" sign. Greg then leaned back on the wall to keep from tipping over due to the sudden lack of a leg and continued his answers to Chuck's inquiry. "I like to lift weights. I like watching sports. I'm not good at them. I like pasta. I didn't have a job. I like birds. I don't like dogs. I like movies. And I'm not homosexual. Sorry."

With his random list of personal facts finished, Greg took another sip of water before putting his leg back where it belonged: the elevator was now close to reaching their destination, and walking out would be much more preferable to hopping.

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
=|=|≡ Drake Pelletier ≡|=|=

Drake held tight as Emily murmured a realization in her own small way. He glided down to the garage entrance, a ramp downwards into the ground. He observed the fluorescent-lit room filled with identical black SUV after black SUV. As he scanned the area flying down in, he strained to lift Emily into his arms. He began running in the air so as to land without his momentum throwing both himself and Emily to the ground. As he landed roughly and caught himself running, he shambled to a slow walk, and eventually to a complete stop. He placed Emily on her feet, hopefully allowing her to regain her bearings, and immediately noticed a crazed Alec standing atop the corpses of two incredibly dead guards.

"ALEC!" Drake yelled, half-glad and half-furious. He walked towards Alec, pulling his wings flat against his back to make himself feel more put together. Arriving in front of Alec, Drake took a moment to vent his thoughts to the best of his abilities.

"Alec you ******** what the ******** were you thinking. We need to go now."

Drake knelt down and began searching the guard's body on the ground.

"Thank you sweet buttery baby Jesus." Drake exclaimed as he pulled what he was searching for from the pockets of Captain ********. He looked at Alec and jingled the keys in his face.

"I'm taking a car, we need to get the hell out of here."

Drake pushed the button on the key, and heard a standard "chirp chirp" from one of the black SUVs. He continued mashing it over and over until he located the particular black SUV to which this set of keys belonged, and he opened the door. He climbed in, and slammed the keys in the ignition. As he heard the engine turn over, a sense of potential freedom overwhelmed him, and for a brief moment that felt like a thousand hours, Drake felt truly alive. The fiery-hot engine roaring within the hood of the car was enough to make him virile and hopeful - if any vehicle would aid them in their escape, it was this specific SUV, catered to by these specific set of keys. Drake was positive that the entire universe had reasserted itself, and at the center of this universal reboot lay this lone four-wheeled machine of wonder, ready to whisk them away to a new life of freedom and potential. The universe was an electrified brain cell, and this SUV was the sweet, sweet nucleus. It was all the warmth and happiness and hope and love in all of human knowledge, in all of existence, and it was purring, begging for Drake to take command of it.

[******** yisssssss.
Alec Dimmholdt

User Image

"Ok- OK, ********- I'm going! Frosted Flakes!"

Alec raised his hands in mock surrender. It wasn't like he had actually forgotten the urgency of the situation, but y'know- enjoying the little things was important.

Leaving the body behind, Alec jogged over to the crowd of cars before him. He stood and surveyed the sea of motorized possibility. Before long he spotted a black SUV, conveniently situated in a sea of black SUVs; but this one was different. oh yes, this anonymous black SUV had an almost special, silent protagonist snowflake aura about it.

Sure enough, Alec opened a door that someone had neglected to lock; and sure enough it was because the ******** keys were in the console. it was like corporately owned Christmas.

[********] Alec screamed with glee. He rammed the keys into the ignition and the vehicle roared to life. Now as Alec backed out of his parking space; the question was whether or not he should wait. After all, there might be more escapees on their way and Alec wouldn't have minded the help.

On the other hand, Alec had gone a bit off the deep end in the past few days, and wasn't fittest travelling companion.

Chuck Byrne

Make things, eh? This oughta be good.

Then Chuck watched this tank of a man remove his leg. Just ********' take his leg off below the knee. And make a god damn Caution sign out of it. "What the fu...Dude that's some crazy bullshit. I like it." Chuck leaned back on the wall opposite of the one Greg leaned back on, and listened to him rattle off a few responses.

"I like to lift weights. I like watching sports. I'm not good at them. I like pasta. I didn't have a job. I like birds. I don't like dogs. I like movies. And I'm not homosexual. Sorry."

Weights. Obviously. It's not like he got all that from ********' jogging every now and then. Sports is believable. Chuck was never a huge fan, but he could see the appeal. Not good at sports? With all the muscle mass it'd probably be hard to be quick. Every athlete has to love pasta. That's just a given. Chuck liked homemade spaghetti, himself. No job, Chuck could relate. Hard to get hired, same as him. No one wants a mountain at a cashier, just like they don't want some kid with long flippy hair. It would make the female customers feel insecure about how shitty their hair is compared to Chuck's. Birds? Nah, Chuck wasn't a huge fan of birds. I mean they were cool, but not his thing. Okay, this kid must want a ******** fight, you don't talk bad about dogs. Chuck would let it slide, though. Just this time. Hell Greg, everyone loves movies.

Chuck almost did a spit-take at the last sentence. "Holy ********' s**t, Greg. I like you already. It was just a joke, man, but I get it if you don't think I'm pretty. It's nice to meet you, man. Hopefully we'll make it out of this place and we can hang out or something. Maybe I'll get you into wrestling."

Chuck looked at the panel and saw that they were one floor away from the garage, and he got off of the wall, watching Greg put his leg back on. "Well, I guess it's time to find out if we can make it out. As soon as that door opens, I want you to pick me up and throw me as hard as you can, okay?" Chuck giggled at the thought of it, then remembered how Greg responded to his date joke earlier, and turned back around. "I'm joking. Please don't throw me." Chuck smiled at his new friend and then heard the ding of the elevator door. It was time.

Chuck walked through the door, muscles tensed and basically ready for anything. Except for what he saw. Two running cars, ********' ready to go. "Dude, Greg, this is the jackpot! We gotta go-wait a minute. This is too easy. C'mon, there's gotta be someone else here. Get ready for a fight. Just in case, y'know?" Chuck slowly walked towards the two cars, looking for any other sign of people in the large room. Obviously someone had to be here. I mean, two cars are running. You don't just keep two cars running when no one is around. Right?
Greg Candor

"Well, I guess it's time to find out if we can make it out. As soon as that door opens, I want you to pick me up and throw me as hard as you can, okay?"

An odd plan to be sure. But surely Chuck had some trick up his sleeve to make it work. Greg cracked his knuckles in preperation for the awkward throw, and stepped forward to grab--

"I'm joking. Please don't throw me."

Greg dropped his outstretched arms with a hint of disappointment. A human javelin would've been one of the better entrances to make into a potential crowd of enemies, but alas, the elevator door opened to reveal a distinct lack of people to throw other people at. Instead there was a veritable sea of black SUVs, and two of them were running.

"Dude, Greg, this is the jackpot! We gotta go-wait a minute. This is too easy. C'mon, there's gotta be someone else here. Get ready for a fight. Just in case, y'know?"

But of course other people would be around: these vans more than likely didn't start themselves. The question was if the people in the cars were friend or foe.

Only one way to know.

With absolutely no thought or caution to the possibility of other people being around and NOT in cars, Greg walked up to one of the running cars and swung open the driver's door, fist ready to deck a face. The person inside was an oddly familiar-looking lanky boy with a manic look in his eyes. Clearly not a lab guard in need of facepunching.

"We're leaving."

Closing the driver's door with a more gentle manner (and without waiting for any sort of answer), Greg opened the door to the passenger seats and motioned for Chuck to get in like a cheauffer. Surely the total stranger with unknown abilities was trustworthy and willing to take in extras. Right?
Alec Dimmholdt

User Image

Alec had been in the middle of his victory groove- because being funky was an important of life- when a massive thing from hell ripped the door open. Alec froze as though he had been caught alone in his bedroom.

"We're leaving."

"Yes, that is the essential element of escape..."

Brother-of-the-thing Closed the door and walked around to his passenger side. Was Alec taking on passengers? Another body slide into the back seat; Alec was totally taking on passengers. The weirdest part of all though was the feeling Alec was getting; like he was now part of a conversation he hadn't been having but was now impossibly expected to contribute to it.

Looking at his two new BFFs, Alec put on his seatbelt and began to mimic the mantra of a pilot:

"Ladies and Gentlemen please keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times-"

Alec continued to drone on as he backed the car out of its parking space and drove up next to Drake. Alec continued talking even as his window rolled down;

"The sewing kit beneath your seat has been provided for your safety and entertainment in the event of a- Hey Drake, yo- where we off to?"

User Image
░▒▓ Will W. Wallace ▓▒░

Will stepped nonchalantly into the garage, immediately scanning for any visible potential assailants. After having determined there was no threat to be had, he walked very calmly over to a parked car. Using his mechanical hydraulic strength, Will tore the hood off of one car. He shredded it into a few pieces, and then coiled two parts of it thinly into long, thick wires. He attached the wires to the battery of the car, and then the other ends were affixed to his battery back along the bottom, into two ports left open for quick and easy charging on the go. He pulled down his Eyeware from his forehead, and pressed a small, red button on the right side of his pack.

[[Pack charge: 70%.]]
[[Initiating higher functions of Eyeware... done.]]
[[Recalibrating arm functionality... done.]]
[[Displaying optimal battery time... done.]]

A small battery indicator flickered in his field of vision, displayed on the lens of his Eyeware. He began molding the remaining pieces of the hood into a flat piece of chest protection, then molded a piece for his back as well. He removed the wires from the car and tore the hood off of the car next to him. He affixed the wires just the same to the battery of this car, pressed the button, and began shredding the second car hood.

[[Pack charge: 100%.]]
[[Full optimization of all mechanized body functions achieved.]]

He created small pauldrons to protect the ball-and-socket joints by which his arms were affixed to his body, and used them to fuse the chest and back protection together.

"I should probably make legs next."

Will spoke this to himself off-handedly, as if his human legs were of no consequence to him. He looked up to see two vehicles being occupied quickly by at least three people he recognized. He stood up and began casually walking towards a vehicle occupied only by a green fellow with wings.

Will opened the back door and climbed in to the rear seat, offering himself ample room to move with his battery pack and heavy protective gear.

"Drake, right? Where are we headed? I'd love to stick around here and be poked and prodded, but I feel an immediate future with you would be preferable."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff