Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

The guards at either side of you have removed the bag from your head. You find yourself in a very sterile-looking environment. Before you stands a tall, thin, old man. He brandishes a crooked smile on his face and a syringe in his hand.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Hein. Your anesthesia is wearing off, and we have work yet to do. I'm just going to p***k you with this liiittle needle here, and you'll fall asleep. When you wake up, everything will be better!"

His voice passes his lips high-pitched and raspy, with a very peculiar, almost metallic sound to it. You know his words are lies, and you struggle against the guards. In your weakened state, however, you are overpowered. You feel the needle pierce your skin, and you begin to fade away. Your eyelids fall heavy, and you manage to get one last glace of Hein's face as he speaks.

"Goodnight."

You awake in a small cell, perhaps 10 square feet. A bed hangs bolted to the wall next to you. A toilet rests in the corner, a sink standing next to it. The room is a blinding white, and incredibly unappealing to the eye.

-KnockKnockKnock-

A pounding behind you. You turn to see a door with no handle. Simply a tiny window almost six-feet up the door, which immediately and violently slides open.

-SCCCHHHICK-

"Hope you're awake in there, freak. It's dinner time."

You head is swimming, but you're pretty sure just minutes ago it was morning... Too weak to speak or take notice of the device now inhibiting you from using your powers, you stand idly as the guards enter your room and take you by the shoulders.

Hallway, doors, hallway, doors, hallway, turn. Hallway, hallway, doors, turn. A heavy set of double doors approaches you. Above them reads "Cafeteria." The wall to the left of it yields no useful information. Instead, you find stenciled onto the wall in large, menacing red letters:

LAB 003

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
RESERVED FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS

===

THIS RP IS A CONTINUAL STORYLINE RELEASED IN EPISODES

Each episode will have its own thread and 3-5 chapters within the thread. If you would like to apply for the next episode, please feel free to do so using the profile skeleton and application instructions in a further post.

We are currently ONLY accepting one or two new applicants, as we currently have 7 members (which is almost too many as it stands).

===

Chapter One of this RP begins below.
Chapter Two begins on page 18.

===

Please, stay up to date by checking the OOC Thread.
OOC Thread found here.

Feel free to post there even if you aren't in the RP.

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
LIST OF RULES:

If you refuse to abide by these rules, I'll be forced to eat your first born child.
Like, seriously, I wont get a choice. I'll HAVE to eat your kid.
It's not like I want to. I hate children. They're small and annoying and a Chinese delicacy.
So please, for the both of us (and your child), follow these [********] rules.

Mutant Uprising does not advocate the consumption of infants.
Toddlers excepted from this rule.

1. No godmoding in character development.
--- This means that you can't give yourself unbeatable abilities. Remember, You aren't a superhero, you're a mutant. If you were THAT powerful, wouldn't you be, like, God or something? I dunno, [********] you.

2. Grammar - Proper enough. [Semi-Lit to Advanced-Lit]
--- We won't necessarily rape you for a missed period or capital letter, but do NOT text talk. Fer reelz, ehf al da postz wer liek dis, id keel mahself. Also, I don't give a ******** s**t if you ******** curse or not, b***h.
Pro-tip: Skandi thinks it's cute when you swear a lot.

3. Character Imagery
--- I don't care what you use, quite honestly, as long as it isn't ridiculous. Nothing so unbelievable or so scary or so buff looking that I pee my pants. If I wet myself upon invitation, you shant be accepted.

Also, don't use stuff that I'll recognize. You are not Howl from Howl's Moving Castle. You are not Dean from Supernatural. You are not Goku.
WAIT IS THAT GOKU--
No. No it ******** isn't.

4. Format your posts.
--- Format your posts. Seriously.
It makes reading your posts easier, and if I have to go back and skim your post at a later date for a specific quote you said, this format makes it easier for me to do so.

Standard format is as follows:
"I'm speaking, so the text is bold!"
She said as she realized that when she was being narrated, the text was standard.
Interesting.. When I think, the text is in italics.. And when I want to emphasize something, it's underlined!

I'm not a stickler about this format in specific, but I'd appreciate it if your posts weren't all in standard text.

5. This is APPLICATION ONLY.
--- You must submit a formatted character sheet to myself AND Achusho2 in PM with the title "edible infant", and it will be reviewed by myself and Achusho2. Achusho2 has the same authority as I do, and he'll be viewed as the co-author of this RP, because he is.

6. No immediately developed mutant names.
--& Being that the characters are all to bond, I'm sure they'll come up with some together [Though you DO, of course, get final say] It's totally fine to have something in mind. More on mutant names in further chapters.
This rule has been changed, because you may as well come up with a general idea. Obviously it won't be applied immediately, but still. Go ahead and give yourself something to work with.

Just don't expect it to be applied any time soon.

7. Powers
--- Keep these rational. Try and have a character with powers that make sense. I'm not going to numerically limit powers, but know that these are open to mine and Achu's approval. Also, try not to totally rip off of a known mutant or known powerset. Be a bit original, but don't be ridiculous. Examples of characters that we've rejected:

Werewolf: "It's not a werewolf, it's a mutant power!"
No, it's a ******** werewolf.

Crystal-genisis, multiple personalities, cuccoon of evolution, she may or may not kill your a**: "She's really complex!"
No, she's really ******** annoying.

Magic!
Can you be slightly less vague?
AMBIGUOUS SUPER-MAGIC!
Did you eat lead paint chips when you were a kid? Maybe you stood in front of the microwave a lot? Or maybe your mother dropped you but obviously not hard enough?

8. No unbalanced forms of invincibility, invulnerability, or immunity.
--- You can have, like, rock skin or whatever. That's fine. Just make it manageable so you aren't able to just not die ever. Nobody likes an unbeatable mutant.

Unbeatable = Unreadable

34. ...
--- No exceptions.

General Time Length Between Posts

I've had to change this rule in the past several times. As it stands now:

We're keeping this thread moving forward at a steady pace. If you do not post for 3 days (without prior notice or mention in the OOC [something as simple as "working on a post, sorry for the delay!], of course), we may nullify/kill off/leave your character behind. The latter is most likely, as this allows you to stay active and re-group at some point. If your character is killed off or nullified, we'll probably PM you. I don't know. I suck at this.

Some things you should know if you're thinking about joining this RP:

First of all, we are only potentially accepting one member, and will thusly be very picky.
We're a very close bunch, and we intend this RP to be a very longrunning, very long-existent artwork. If you haven't a serious mindset going into this, please don't apply. It's not that we don't want you, it's that characters like that make RPs like this difficult to work with.

If you look at the OOC, you can see that we're more than just co-RPers. We're friends. We talk about the RP, we talk about life and work. We skype together often. We want you to feel that same way. Please, please do. We aren't very mean, and we don't bite. Unless you're into that kind of thing.

This RP is unique in that it works very much like a comic series, and has thus been dubbed an ERP (Episodic Role Play):
Achusho2 and I have written key plot events far ahead of time for multiple separate story arcs, and we have a very good idea as to an over-arching plot and an ultimate conclusion. The idea is that you get to control a character in any number of intertwining stories. In doing the RP like this, you can expect to be surprised at certain plot twist or previous NPCs that the group runs into. I'm a firm believer in plot twists offering an engaging and unique experience. If you've ever been reading a book or watching a movie and out-loud, said "OH s**t." You'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Along with this bit, it's like a novel also in that it's divided into chapters based on the focus of that episode and the conflicts within. New episodes are the points at which we tend to introduce new characters and remove old ones. So, if we're in the middle of an episode and you want to apply, hop into the OOC and start getting to know people while you wait.

I cannot stress enough that we're looking for LONG-TERM MEMBERS ONLY. Imagine reading a novel where characters change every single chapter, and there's no emotional attachment. How unbelievable and uninteresting would that seem?
I have answered that question below. Be forewarned, it is a very complicated answer.

Incredibly so.

Submit the following shiznit to myself and Achusho2 in PM format with the subject "edible infant" in order to apply.
Example Character skeleton:
[align=center][size=18]Gaia Name[/size]
[b][color=green]Jaronoid[/color][/b]
[size=18]Mutant Name[/size]
[color=green][b]Drake Pelletier[/b][/color][/align]
[imgleft]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/115/c/d/wip_by_mersan_sama-d7fzy15.png[/imgleft]
[align=right][size=14][align=right][b]Age~[/b]
[/size][color=green]19[/b][/color]
[size=14][b]Height~[/size][/b]
[color=green]6' 1"[/color][/b]
[size=14][b]Place of Origin~[/size][/b]
[color=green]Alberta, Canada[/b][/color]
[size=14][b]Mutant Powers~[/size][/b]
[color=green]Drake was born with great green wings, and claws on his hands and feet. With his wings, he can theoretically fly, though he'd never gotten the chance to before getting captured. He's quite capable of using his claws for combat purposes, having been trained by his father in hand-to-hand combat. Beyond that, Drake hasn't got much else to offer in the way of special abilities.[/color][/b]
[size=14][b]Physical Description~[/size][/b]
[color=green]Drake is a rather tall fellow with jaw-length green hair, parted down the center. Drake also has green skin to match, having been born with the mutation and dealt with it his entire life. Drake wears a green polyester vest decked out to ******** with pockets for carrying whatever he wants, and underneath it he wears a gray thermal to cope with the winters of Canada. He wears motorcycle pants despite never having ridden one before in his life. He also wears thick, heavy boots. Drake's hands are adorned with black claw-like fingernails, and his torso is outfitted with large green bat-like wings. The wings are likely capable of flight, but he's never mustered the courage to wing it. [/b][/color]
[size=14][b]Personal History~[/size][/b]
[color=green]Drake spent his life growing up in Alberta, having met Alec a time or two. The two were acquainted around the age of 10. Drake was incapable of attending public school due to his obvious mutation, and so he spent most of his time learning various things from his father, from generic education to combat training for self-defense purposes. Drake lead a very nomadic lifestyle up until the point of his capture in order to maintain secrecy.
Drake eventually thought it best to leave his father's side to protect him. Drake spent time in the subway line of Calgary, but mystery and urban legend spread about the monster in the tunnels. One day, while walking the tunnels in his standard coat-and-hat camo, he was spotted by some sort of strike team. He barely had time to run.
Now he finds himself at [color=red]Lab 003[/color].[/color][/b]
[size=14][b]Personality~[/size]
[color=green]Drake is a noble and honest guy. He tries to embody the same selflessness his father showed him growing up. With little regard for his own safety, Drake is very protective of his loved ones. Drake doesn't look for fights; on the contrary, he finds himself too trusting of everybody he encounters. His father had taught him that people weren't to be trusted, but Drake couldn't help but hope that he was wrong. Drake tries to see the good in everyone, even when it isn't there at all.
As a result of his isolated childhood, Drake is always seeking conversation (though he's more of a listener than anything else). Drake is kind, albeit quite sweary, and he seeks the company of others. He's built up emotional barriers, but he considers himself masterful at keeping things private when they need to be.[/color][/b]
[/align][/size][/align]

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
Characters:

Can be found here.

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
-Setting-

You've just entered the cafeteria. Before you are a few dozen uninterested-looking people. You find it safe to assume that these people are "gifted" just as you are, due to the rather green fellow in the corner, and a very large slobbering mess in the center of the room chewing on his plastic tray. The others are eating what can only be described as "edible suck." There are glops of variously colored paste-like substances adorning every tray on every table in this entire room. Standing guard at the double doors through which you've just entered are a husky fellow on one side, and a rather perturbed thin man with scruffy facial hair on the other. There is another set of doors on the opposite side with a matching set of guards there. The guards are equipped with what looks like a handgun holstered at the hip, a stun gun strapped opposite the holster, and a baton in their hands.

The faces of the mutants are apathetic. Most of them are eating with at least one other mutant (save the big guy in dead center, eating with two guards, likely because nobody wants to sit next to that guy during chow time. You pass through a line to your right and receive a tray, then slop in the following varieties:

A creamy white, mushy slop. Mashed potatoes? You sniff it.
nope.
A more coagulated, brown slop, coated in an equally brown mucus. Likely an attempt at Salisbury Steak.
You opt not to smell that one.
And finally, a very thin slop with chunks of...
what are those, vegetables? what is this?

You begrudgingly make your final choice of juice, milk, or water before heading towards the collective of ******** beings seated in the room.

You find yourself feeling a sense of solace among these speaking people. You don't know how long any of them have been here, and you don't know who they are or where they're from. You don't even know where this place is. You only know that you're stuck here for now, and it'd be wise to find some friends.

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
This RP is now...

OPEN

Get in here, ********]

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
=|=|≡ Drake Pelletier ≡|=|=

Drake found himself sitting in an unfamiliar room full of unfamiliar people, with an unforgivable headache seemingly trying to synthesize a black hole within Drake's skull. He glanced down at his tray, not remembering getting the food that almost appeared to move around on its own.

Sentient foodstuffs... Not a good way to start off.. whatever this is.

Drake panned around the room, slowly acquiring bits and pieces of information. A few tables sat empty, and a few sat rather full. Chatter filled the room and seemed to come from the walls themselves. He analyzed the room itself - A large, bleach-white room. The ceiling must have been at least twelve feet high, judging by the tops of the door frames. The fluorescent lights were all decorated with wonderfully eye-catching rusty metal grates, assumingly so that these people couldn't break the bulbs and use the shattered glass as weaponry. Some other form of light was there, though... Drake could sense it--

Windows?

Indeed, atop the 12-foot high walls sat a row of windows along one side-wall. These windows were maybe two or three feet high - Drake couldn't tell for sure. In his delirious state, he was thankful to be able to tell his food apart from the plastic try on which it... "lived."

He glanced over to a very large, menacing-looking monster of a guy, with red skin and long black hair. This beast sat idly, staring into the wall in front of him, chewing on his food tray. There was no sign that any food had even touched that tray.

"Well. Aren't you just adorable." Drake muttered under his breath.

He picked up his plastic spoon, half-closed his eyes, and shoveled a random clump of slop into his mouth. Rolling the proverbial dice was not something Drake enjoyed doing with his food, but he'd made the right choice somehow.

Yahtzee.
Alec Dimmholdt

User Image
Enter Alec.

Dinner had been in full swing for a while now, and Alec was typically this late. A pair of guards ,who had been waiting a powerful long time to close the doors, sighed with prejudice as they let Alec walk in and shut the double doors behind him.

So for a moment there stood Alec alone in the middle of the Cafeteria; the aura of forced socialization and discontent swirled around him. He reached up, his arms held together in the worlds most unnecessarily large shackles, and scratched his nostrils in defiance. He also graced everyone in the room with the worlds most bored looking facial expression; and soon our little record breaker was handed a tray of slop because he couldn't help himself.

He had been here a long time. Long enough to learn the little gangster "sit down without getting my s**t kicked in" dance. Alec kicked up his bare foot and walked with his little swagger down the isle. For someone wearing an outfit that couldn't be trashier and suffering from what many might exaggerate as male anorexia- he could still come off as kinda tough looking.

He gave everyone the look; y'know, the one that says "I have no soul, don't ******** with me" and he continued to give out this particular medicine until he passed by someone who looked like a black hole was crushing the inside of his skull.

Alec stood at the edge of one of the far back tables, and stared down at its only denizen; a ******** freak of nature; a freak that Alec knew. That was Drake. what a ********.
Alec placed his tray on the table, not even bothering to break eye contact with drake. Only his arm moved, the rest of him just kind of...stayed there. and then, of course, he sat down.

"Hey, man"
|||==Elyria Stormblade===|||

User Image
Elyria swore under her breath without note- a habit she'd undertaken in order to remind herself at every passing moment that she was angry. Freedom limitless- that had been her mantra. She lived where she pleased, ate what she pleased, did what she pleased, ******** whom she pleased. Then she found herself amidst this sterile, barren cloister, the monks and nuns keen to jab needles into any bit of flesh they were inclined to. She stretched her neck tightly, loosening the muscles as best she could while confined in a strait jacket.

She swore again, a minutely reminder that every last person who had touched her would be dead once her plan was complete. A mindless male whose name she had never bothered to learn fed slop into her mouth with pristine delicacy. She knew it was the way her collarbones pronounced themselves from the tightness of the jacket, and framed by her dark hair. She watched his eyes fixate, and said nothing. She didn't even know what his ability was, or if he was employed by the facility. It didn't matter. He was a pig, and worse than that, he hardly seemed bothered to be stuck in this hellhole. What kind of life could a man live where this prison seemed a relief? She assumed he was just simple.

Not too far off she noted that two of the patients were interacting albeit neither of them looked hardly normal enough to know how to do that properly. The less awkward of the two was a dragon, go figure. She inclined herself toward them, ready to listen in as subtly as one could dressed like a mental patient.

Gracious Gekko

12,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
=|=|≡ Drake Pelletier ≡|=|=

Drake took note of the slop that had entered his mouth. His head was still foggy enough that he, if only for a moment, questioned whether or not it was, in fact, he who had put it in his own mouth. He mulled it over, not realizing he'd taken another bite in the meantime.

This stuff is delicious. This is a serious problem.

Drake then took a moment to notice the very thin man who had, at some point or another, approached him. This guy stood at about the same height Drake did, and though he was borderline malnourished, he still had a very weighty, menacing aura about him. Not that Drake was any good at reading people, of course. Drake looked him up and down, likely very obviously as the drugs were still in effect.

The fellow spoke to Drake.

"Hey, Man."

'Hey man?' I'm almost positive I don't know this guy.

Drake swallowed his bite of food - What was that, three? Four? - and looked up at the guy to respond.

"Do I know you?" Drake spoke in a flat, earnest tone, not indicating malice or frustration, but rather genuine curiosity.
User Image
♦ ♦ ♦ Stefen Celer ♦ ♦ ♦

Stefen looked around the room, trying is hardest to remain calm.

Where in the hell am I?

Thought Stefen to himself while continuing to take in the scenery.

You've finally done it, Stefen. You've finally managed to land yourself in prison. Are you happy now? No? Well too bad ********, here you are.

Stefen froze as he made eye contact with one of the inmates who was freakishly large with red skin and long dark-black hair.

Ok, alright, we're good. Everything is fine. He definitely just got back from a metal concert and is really badly sunburnt? Yeah, that's what it is. There's no other logical explanation.

Stefen continued to look around the room frantically, no longer able to keep his cool like he would like to. He hadn't taken any notice to the actual people in the room up until this point. Some disgusting guy had his mouth hanging open, drool dripping from his giant tongue. There was another guy who had green skin and wings. Something was very wrong with this place, but what was it?

No...

Whispered Stefen, as he started to remember what had happened the night before at the party. He recalled getting into an argument with someone, and getting shoved through a wall, though, not in the traditional manner. He had blown his cover that he had tried so long to protect. He had finally been caught using his powers, and now he was paying for it.
Trying to remain calm with his heart in his throat, Stefen sat down next to a semi-normal looking female, who looked as if she were spying on the green winged bat-dragon.
Stefen noticed that she was wearing a straight jacket, so he didn't really have to be careful about what he said.

Don't you know that people don't like it when you spy on them? Don't be an a**, chick. Give them some privacy.

Stefen then noticed the man that was feeding her via spoon in front of them.

We get food here? Well, that's neat I guess. I hope I didn't just get this chick in trouble with this jackass.

Stefen thought about apologizing, but decided it wasn't in his best interest to make friends just yet.
|||===Elyria Stormblade===|||

User Image
"Don't you know it's rude to approach a woman unannounced? Sit down, tell me your name, and scare away that goon if you would. He smells awful."

She shot a look at the man feeding her, clearly unappreciative of his efforts, then nodded at the seat in front of her as if reaffirming that her invitation was decisive.

"You don't look any more comfortable here than I am, can you really blame me for eavesdropping? How else am I going to figure out what kind of shithole I've landed myself in? Escapes don't happen accidentally."

The goon, meanwhile, continued jabbing toward her face with the greenish muck that consisted of food, and she shook violently to try and get him to leave her alone before snapping at him,

"Could you please just stop already!? If I wanted a spoonful don't you think I would have taken it?"
User Image
♦ ♦ ♦ Stefen Celer ♦ ♦ ♦

Stefen leaned forward and put his lips around the green goo that, now that it was in his mouth realized, was in fact not food. All the same, Stefen raised his eyebrows at the man as if to say [******** you beyotch and leaned back into his seat swallowing hard.

Well now, it looks like she's all done to me. Now, be a doll and go get my plate? I think I'll have the gruel with a side of a**, thank you.

Stefen flashed a smirk at the man who stared coldly into his eyes before turning to walk away.

As for you, there are plenty of other ways to get information out of people without eavesdropping. For example, you could oh I don't know, approach them and ask?

I really need to be careful at how I talk to her, I need to keep her interested to see what she knows.

Stefen looked at the girl to figure out what her reasoning was for being in this place. He still didn't know if the people here were like him or if Halloween came early this year.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is all just a coincidence of some sort.

So, why are you all wrapped up in a cocoon of your own crazy? Did you try to bite someone? Do you have rabies?

I just ate off her spoon! For the love of God don't let it be rabies!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff