Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friend

User ImageUser Image
A burning smell tingled in Ionia’s nose as she approached her door only to have her eyelashes batter open. She had fallen asleep with her nuts cooking and now, well they were burnt. The mermaid sighed as she touched her pale locks, they hadn’t always been that color but a skirmish with hunters while she was away caused her to overuse her powers and made them mature before their time. As a result she had lost the power she held over ice and instead became pale like ice. She was angry over the loss but it was force herself to grow up or forfeit her life.

Now that she was awake she could place where the man in her dream had come from, he was the ship’s captain. Drowned in his own cabin the man’s face was on a painting on the wall. Ionia joked to herself that the nightmare was a payoff for plundering his ship and considering the grog she had looted, it wasn’t all that bad of a tradeoff.

Standing up the mermaid dealt with the burnt nuts and instead helped herself to a jar of pickled plums. Her hand narrowly fit into the jar as she gradually plucked what was left of the morsels out and devoured them. Using her toes she picked up a bit of firewood and tossed it into the fireplace, wondering what kind of people could actually make it ashore by themselves. It wasn’t unheard of but one would need to have the luck of sea on their side. A rare thing since the island was known for shipwrecks.

Company: All on my own~
Time: Mid Afternoon
OOC:

Supreme Demigod

11,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
User ImageUser Image
Xirena Lorelei Verrine
Mermaid of the South

"Oh, the song of Loreley
Charms the moon right from the sky...
She will get inside your mind
Lovely Loreley. "

As she played, Xirena watched the man through half open eyes. He looked somewhat young for a human, probably not more than early twenties. Then again...Xirena had let out a small sigh as her fingers moved the bow across her violin. "Humans age so differently." She thought to herself. A mermaid aged slowly, Xirena would likely not change much from her current appearance for hundreds of human years. The sound of the music and the crashing waves eased her tension though she still remained alert. Sure enough, she soon heard approaching footsteps and her expression shifted fractionally toward annoyance. She didn't often care for visitors just showing up near her house. Xirena was very territorial and had a habit of preferring to visit others rather than having them come into her territory unexpectedly. Still, except for her slight change in expression, she did not outwardly react as she let the person approach. Sure enough moments later she heard familiar humming and saw the bright red hair of one of her "neighbors". Dmitri was probably one of the few people Xirena knew who didn't seem overly concerned about dropping in on her and risking her irritation. When the older mermaid sat beside her on the rocks, Xirena had lowered her violin for a moment as she controlled her expression.

"Ah, so she must have noticed my rescue of the human." Xirena thought to herself, not exactly happy about the fact. It wouldn't do to appear as though she actually wanted humans at Maiden's Cove. Because honestly, she really didn't like their presence here. Dmitri, she knew, had a habit of rescuing sailors. Xirena only took her pleasures from humans when she left the Cove and until now had avoided having a live human on her section of the beach. At the other woman's questions, Xirena glanced back down at the human and shrugged slightly. "I would rather have him wake up out here than in my house." She said calmly. Her gaze then flickered to the storm clouds just faintly visible on the horizon. "I believe I am safe enough from him. Out here I have a chance to sing him back into the ocean or call the lightning if he proves to be a threat." A slight smirk crossed her lips as she glanced back over at Dmitri. "He doesn't seem very imposing but I don't want to take a chance on that until he is awake and I can question him." Xirena was mistrustful of humans and she knew Dmitri was probably just as worried for the human as for Xirena herself. It was a bit annoying at times but Xirena supposed she couldn't blame the woman. After all, Xirena had killed a human before, something she did not bother to hide from the others.

Still... "I haven't quite decided what to do with him once he wakes up." She admitted. "He is rather attractive for a human male and I would hardly want to kill him after going to the work of bringing him all the way back here." Her ocean hued eyes darkened for a moment. "Unless he is dangerous, of course." Xirena then raised her violin and resumed playing her song. "Maybe I shall keep him for a bit before I determine what to do with him." She said, the song resuming as though she had never stopped playing. "Worst case scenario, I guess I can knock him over the head or sing him into a trance, drag him to a human island and leave him there." Xirena thought. If he didn't realize there were mermaids here, returning him to his people seemed viable to her so long as he couldn't find his way back. As she played, her gaze returned to the human male as she admired his golden hair. It was due to this, she noticed him stir just before he seemed to come awake in a rush. Clearly leaping to his feet was a bad idea though as he was immediately sick. Before Xirena could react, Dmitri was next to the human. Xirena found the woman's care for humans a bit disconcerting but even she watched the man with some concern as she played. He spoke just as she reached the end of her song and Xirena slowly laid her violin and bow back into its case as se watched Dmitri slip away, leaving her with "her" human.

Slowly Xirena rose from her rock and walked toward the man. He was well spoken, a fact she liked, and now that he was awake she could finally tell his eyes were a rather striking shade of blue. Xirena herself was hardly imposing when on land, standing only around 5'7" at most with a lithe yet slightly curvy build. Hardly what most men would perceive as a threat. She kept her voice calm as she stopped near the man, careful to avoid the sand where he had been sick from the water. "I noticed you while I was swimming and brought you ashore." Xirena tilted her head slightly to the left. "You were floating on some debris so I assumed you must have been from the ship that wrecked on the reef." She was careful not to say too much, unwilling to give away more than necessary in this first conversation. "My name is Xirena and as to where you are right now, that would be near my home." She had a light accent to her voice that was hard to place but was particularly obvious when she pronounced her name. He looked about to pass out again and was shaking though she was unsure whether it was in cold or fright. The same compassion that had prompted her instinct to save him rose again and Xirena returned to her rock and gather her violin case into her arms. Turning back to the human, she gave him a very slight smile. "Come with me. You need to dry off and get some rest." She stated, having decided he was simply no threat in his current state and wanting him relaxed so she could get some answers. With that, she led the way up a path to the small house that had been been built back from the water and slightly up into the hill behind it. Xirena opened the door and waited for him to enter the cozy little two bedroom cottage. The main floor plan was open with a kitchen and dining area off to one side and a sitting area with a fireplace also visible. The bedrooms were further back, tucked safely into the hill itself, making the home virtually storm proof. "What is your name?" She asked as she went into the kitchen to heat some water for tea. "And why was your ship out so far? I rarely get outside visitors."

User Image

With: Allard Halloway, (Dmitri - briefly)
Current Form: Human
Wearing: This outfit w/o shoes
OOC: I wasn't sure how to explain her name's pronounciation so here is a helpful link

Vruez

Sunny Tsushima
User Image
Vergil Isidore
“Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.”

The battle hardened veteran knight could be heard letting out soft grunts as worked the oars, back and forth, wading through the water on his small ship. Taking a deep breath, he let the oars rest, and decided to take a short reprieve and let the current of the wind guide his direction. Reaching into his satchel sitting down on the floor under him between his legs, he withdrew a compass, and with a flick of his thumb popped open the compass face. Though, he had no idea why he was doing this. He really didn't have a set destination he was going towards. He had been on his pilgrimage for awhile now. Not keeping a calender on his person, it was hard to keep track of the time, but it had to be a few months at least. He had visited many towns and prayed at many shrines to give prayer. The head priest at the last temple told him his journey was almost near it's end and he could finally return home and be redeemed. The only problem was though that the last shrine altar wasn't located on any map. Taking the priest's advice, he decided to take to the water once again, and would let the god's decide his destination. Only using the oar paddles whenever the wind stopped to carry his boat, going in whatever direction at random. Now that the wind had picked up again, he could give his arms a rest, but he had been out at sea for three days now, and was getting low on provisions. Soon, he would need to return to dock and get food and supplies again. Plus, sleeping in a soft bed instead of the hard wooden floor of the boat would be nice for once. Looking about him, Vergil could see nothing. No visible sign of land for as far as his eyes could see. Nothing, except for that endless sea. Vergil breathed out a sigh of annoyance as he stuck his compass back inside his satchel. Sitting up straight, he closed his eyes, and raised his hands up before him and clasped them together with interlocking fingers. "Gods. Please, grant me passage to the redemption I seek" he prayed. Vergil always prayed out loud, no matter if others were around or not.

A smile lit up on Vergil's face, he felt the wind pick up, and the boat began to rock more as stronger waves rocked up against it. Believing his prayers were answered, Vergil opened his eyes only to see that he was now surrounded by fog. "Hm?... A rather ominous fog" he stated bluntly. Rising up to stand, he looked all around him. Squinting his eyes hard as he raised a hand to his brow and tried to look out to locate any kind of land formations, but the fog was too thick. "If it is the god's will to test me like so, then I will humbly oblige them". Confident in his belief that Vergil was, he couldn't help shake the many stories he had heard once he began sailing of calamities at sea that start out just like this creeping up from the back of his mind. "I must have faith. I am sure the gods are testing my trust in them". Sitting back down, he rested his forearms firmly on his knees. "Then come and do your worst. My faith will not falter from the course!" he said as if issuing a challenge. Vergil didn't regret his decision, but he was thankful that he didn't get seasick since the wind began to pick up strongly now and started to rock the boat back and forth wildly. And maybe it was his hearing playing tricks on him, but he could swear that he could hear movement in the water around him, though it was hard to hear over the splashing of waves hitting the small boat. The waves would hit with such force that it would throw water into the boat. In order to prevent the boat was sinking and be stranded out in the middle of nowhere ocean, Vergil quickly picked up the wooden bucket he kept on the boat to be used as a makeshift toilet. Of course he cleans it you nasty dirty minded people! Using the bucket, he scooped up the excess water filling up the boat, and pitched it overboard back into the sea. But the water was filling the boat faster than he could get rid of it. It was clear it was an uphill battle that Vergil could not win. That's when he heard the movement again, but not only that, but his mental sense for directing magic near started going off. It was like if there were chimes in your head. It could be rather annoying and distracting sometimes.

Vergil grabbed his sword and satchel as he jumped up and used his free hand and legs to climb up the mast, narrowly avoided being cleaved in two as a giant pincer claw rose up from the water and snapped off a one-third section of the boat. As the boat tilted over and started to sink, Vergil kept his footing on the top of the mast as he watched a giant crab emerge from the watery depths. Lips curving into a coy smirk, Vergil's teal colored eyes seemed to gleam with an almost sadistic determination. "Challenge accepted". Kicking off the top of the mast, flying into the air towards the giant crab monster, and did a somersault to dodge the swipe of the crab's claw and landed down on the crab's claw arm. With one deft swing of his blade, Vergil sliced clean through the crab's claw arm despite it's armor-like shell, and cut it off completely. As the arm was just starting to fall, Vergil hopped down, and landed on a reef below only covered by a couple inches of water. The giant crab thrashed about, in pain, and now even more angry, but Vergil remained cool and calm. Fluid like water. When the beast attacked again, using it's only other claw hand to drop down on Vergil like a hammer. Dropping down low and rolling to his right, Vergil avoided the hammer blow As he quickly rose to his feet, Vergil swung his sword, cutting off the monster's only other pincer claw hand. Having no other means of weaponry at the giant crab's disposal. The beast charged blindly forward hoping to crush it's adversary with it's large crustacean body. As the giant crab neared with it's bull charge, Vergil jumped up high into the air, and landed directly on the crab's head. Plunging his sword down into the giant crab's body, not wasting a second as he started running, driving his sword through the near whole of the giant monster's body performing a climhazzard on the beast. As the blade exited back out of the rear of the crab's body, Vergil just remained there completely still, resting the blunt side of the sword on his shoulder as the crab's legs gave away and the body fell into the water to slowly begin sinking.

It was then, that Vergil noticed a tiny break in the fog above. In that break, he could definitely make out the sight of land. A great relief. Now fighting and killing a giant crab, he was tired and hungry, and now without a boat. He would have to find shelter quick. "Praise be to the gods". Slicing off a section of one of the giant crab legs, small enough to be stored in his satchel for later consumption, but maybe he would keep a piece of it to serve as a trophy. Diving into the water, Vergil swam directly towards the land he could see. Despite his limbs feeling strained from the effort of rowing and now fighting a giant crab, Vergil fought threw the fatigue plaguing his muscles, and stroked the water like an Olympic swimmer. It did make him glad he wasn't wearing any heavy armor or he be sinking like a stone right now. In a record of about eight and half minutes, he reached the shore line, and Vergil's feet trudged against the sand as he didn't care enough to pick up his feet. Dropping his sword and satchel down, he fell down to be sitting on his backside, and took a minute to catch his breath. Untying his satchel, he would have to wait for the bread crackers to dry out before eating them, and fetched out his compass again. Flipping it open and watched the needle for a few moments. Looking up to the sky. According to the compass and the position of the sun, Vergil could easily determine that he was on the western side of whatever land this was. Luckily enough for him, finding the materials, and getting a fire started was an even more easy task. Using his satchel as a pillow, he relaxed back, and let the fire cook his giant crab leg that was roasting over it as he sung himself a soothing and harmonic song. Singing, something Vergil had absolutely no talent in, but that didn't stop him from trying. Little did Vergil know what this bizarre and beautiful island had in store for him.

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

Friend

User ImageUser Image

Eventually Ionia deiced it was time to check on her garden and save what could be saved. Fetching a bucket of water she put out the fire in the fireplace and went out to mend the garden. The gracious sun helped the plants recover as she righted most of them. Not needing the warmth of the cloak anymore she took it off and threw it over one of the wooden barrels resting against her house. It was in this movement her eyes came across a pillar of smoke.

Scarily enough it didn’t look too far away. The sight of it gave Ionia a sinking feeling, was her dream to become a reality? She didn’t want to die today. Dropping what she was doing the Mermaid practically ran inside and searched for a weapon. Of course she couldn’t find a real one, she had no interest in collecting that sort of thing. The girl had to eventually settle for a kitchen knife or a frying pan, choosing the frying pan for its bunt force possibilities. She only needed it for a distraction anyway if it came down to it.

Scared the girl worked herself up as she walked around the beach, by the time the fire came into view her house had disappeared around the bend. It was relieving that the person who was responsible for the fire was still there, if they had disappeared she might have had a panic attack. He was singing to himself, though rather out of tune she knew the song. It used to be sung by the church folk in Arena when she lived in the capital as a child.

Ionia’s nose crinkled up, she had to assume he was a pirate as it was the only ship which she had seen a wreck for in this area. She shouted at the resting man from down the beach, while rotating the skillet in her hand nervously. “What is a pirate doing singing a song of faith? Go back and sink with your stinking ship! Pirates are not welcome here.” Merfolk and pirates didn’t exactly have the brightest history.

Company: With some singing dude~
OOC:

CrescentValentine

Supreme Demigod

11,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
User ImageUser Image
Kaden Rafael Locke
The Thief

"I’ll always deceive you as many times as I want
Even that smile and those feelings of yours.
Instead of weeping on my destined last days
Even if it’s a pure lie, I’ll give you a dream."

Kaden hadn't meant to fall asleep but between the heat of the sun and his headache, he had simply lost consciousness. In his dreams, he was back in the city he had grown up in. Everything looked just as he remembered it and Kaden made his way past the old and run down house that had been his home growing up. It hadn't been much but it had always been better than living on the streets themselves. At least the old man who had taken him in had made sure they were able to eat something each day, even if it wasn't always much. The roof had also leaked, and as kids, the boys had often fought over who had to sleep nearest the leaks when the rain would pour down. Kaden kept walking down the familiar streets, his feet instinctively knowing where to step to avoid the refuse that often overflowed the gutters in the low end. People here moved quickly, avoiding eye contact and trying to mind their own business while pickpockets scurried past, heading for the richer pickings of the market district. Drunks and those with no where to go sat on the crumbling sidewalks and in the alleyways, either hoping for a handout staring blankly into the distance.

Even in his dream the smell was still the same and Kaden followed the road that slowly led toward the marketplace in the middle district. He knew this path well, he had traveled it almost everyday for years. It was night time and the market stalls were just closing down as the tavern goers began taking over the district. Kaden watched each one, instinctively judging how much coin they might be carrying and where it was on each of their persons. Toward the lower side of the market district the business at the brothels was picking up and Kaden chuckled at the scene in front of him. Finally though he began walking again, past the market and on up the hill that led to the upper class district. As he passed the houses, he mentally tallied how many of them he had broken into and the various items he remembered stealing from each one. He also remembered living in one of those houses. He might have been nothing but a toy in the eyes of that lord but Kaden hadn't cared. As he walked onward, the world around him turned to grey and slowly he became aware of singing in the distance. The sound seemed out of place and as he tried to place it, the world faded away even more.

Slowly Kaden woke up, first becoming aware of how sore he felt and secondly that someone was touching him. Instantly , Kaden stiffened, years of life on the street coming to the fore. His jade colored eyes opened abruptly before he winced. The afternoon light was still painful to him and for a moment Kaden was disoriented. He had thought at first he was still on the streets of his home. But then the wreck came back to him and Kaden looked up quickly to see who was touching him. Much to his surprise it was a red haired woman. "I think I am fine." He answered, not even thinking to change his voice to sound feminine. "I was on a ship that ran aground on the reef. When I woke up, I was on the beach near here." Kaden didn't add that he had been planning to rob the house he was now resting against. After all, it was likely this woman might actually live here, why else would she be on such a lonely stretch of beach? His head throbbed again and Kaden couldn't hide his wince as he looked up at the woman. "Can you tell me what island this is?"

With: A red haired woman
Wearing: This dress & headpiece

User Image
User Image
Vergil Isidore
“Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.”

Vergil laid with his back against the soft grass, one leg crossed over the other, and his eyes were relaxed shut as he listened to the lullaby of the sea while singing his harmonic church song. "Let your arms enfol-... huh?". Another voice was now speaking out cutting him off the last verse of the song, which he would have to make up later. He didn't like leaving things unfinished. Sitting up, his teal eyes slowly opened, and he turned his head looking over to his accuser that had already labeled him a pirate, at least from the sound of it she had, and Vergil could tell that the young lady had a strong disposition against the swash bucklers that he knew prowled the seas. Hating the criminals he understood, a pirate ship had tried to rob him once. Since his boat was too small, commandeering it was impossible so they forced him to climb aboard with any and all his valuable belongings. Only. He had none. That's when they wanted his sword. But they quickly changed their minds about that when he had cut down eight of them with hardly so much as a breath lost and let Vergil return to his boat and back on his quest. Vergil didn't say anything at first to reply to her question, he just examined her. Seeing how she handled the frying pan, he could tell it was nothing more than a threat, or a tool to provide self-defense. The girl had no proper weapon's training. I am surprised though. I initially believed this island to be inhabited not seeing any signs of civilization, but why is this young maiden here?. Using the hilt of his sword, he stabbed the blade into the ground, and used it as support to help him to stand up. Vergil being a muscular man that had a very distinct warrior's build stood about six foot five. "Young maiden. Though I share your dislike for pirates. I am not one and will kindly accept your apology for labeling me as one with no evidence even given to make such a claim and for interrupting my hymn!".

In order to show he was no threat or at the very least, that he meant no harm. He let his hand leave the hilt of his blessed sword and left it impaled into the dirt as he turned and took a few steps towards the young girl. "I mean you no harm". Reaching down, he gripped the sides of his coat tails, the white fabrics billowing along the sides of his pant legs, and he turned them to show the emblem printed on the corners. "I am a man of faith". The emblems were the crest of Arena's Hold Order that all of their knights carry. He just hoped she knew that, it was possibly she didn't. Living out here and disconnected from the rest of the world, at least it seemed to be so far in his eyes. Vergil had yet to explore the place to discover for himself or not. Releasing the corner of his coat tails. "I am Sir Vergil Isidore. The greatest knight of the Holy Order!" he said introducing himself with a cocky arrogance. Turning around, he walked back to his fire since the crab leg was almost done. Tilting his head back, he looked to her over his shoulder. "I was on a pilgrimage until a giant crab sank my boat near here. So I slew the beast and now I am here". Even if she didn't believe his story. The crab's blood was still stained on his blade sticking out from the ground would be proof enough. He had yet to clean it. "Come and join me if you will. There's more than enough crab meat here on this leg to share and I'd feel bad if I did not invite a young maiden like yourself to eat with me" he said giving a small, but kind smile. Returning his eyes on the crab leg, he was not worried about her taking his sword, and trying to use it on him. "Plus, it will give you a chance to tell me about yourself. Or your home. Or your family". I have to be careful. I have been led astray by beautiful women before. I must believe the god's are still testing my will. Crossing his legs, he rested his hands on his knees. "For instance. What is your name? And what is this land called?". Looking over, he saw she was still holding the frying pan. "You can drop the pan now by the way. If you were actually serious about being afraid for your life, you would've just used it earlier to knock me unconscious when you had the jump on me while I was resting". Though he didn't like admitting it, but she did surprise him. But if the girl was worried about self-defense, maybe he could teach her a thing or two.

My Mocha
Ionia.
ugh... sorry. small post. was hitting a creative slump

Friend

User ImageUser Image

Ionia took a step back as he stood up; the man was huge to say the least. She even eyed off the water for a split second to make sure she had a quick getaway if need be. But it wasn’t necessary, he explained himself to be something she least expected. She listened to him talk and in the end she ended up bursting out laughing. After a good few seconds she straightened herself out and put the skillet down. She knew that chest fairly well and one stitched in such detail could hardly be a fake. “Sorry, sorry. A pirate ship wrecked on the reef this morning so I thought you were from that.” She wiped the water from her eye as she made her way over to him and sat on the other side of the fire. “The bodies from wreaks in these parts tend to being in the sea life, just be thankful it wasn’t a kraken; those things are next level fun. Though you really must be a great Knight to slay a giant crab and still have all your limbs to show. Those things love to dismember corpses.”

She sighed, “You know killing that crab is only going to draw more creatures to the area. It will take a while for the sea to be safe again.” It was probably time she introduced herself to the Knight. Ionia budged herself around the fire a bit, sensing no real danger and extended a small hand just in the Knight’s reach for a hand shake. “My name is Ionia, I don’t have a house name much like your King. Well I could of but I chose to leave home to find my own way when my mother married.” She pointed at the crest on Isidore’s coat, “That Crest is for the Holy order in Arena, is it not? I have to guess that you are from there too; my apologies if not. My mother used to love that church when we lived in the capital. It was actually the reason she chose to live in Arena, saying that they worshiped the true gods.” The church had as a matter of fact taken a liking to the same gods that Mermainian culture worshiped over five-hundred years ago before the fall of the civilization. It was the blessing of these gods that allowed the first mermaids to walk on land and build cities for their kind away from their predators in the sea.

Leaning back a bit Ionia gestured at the dense trees which lined the coast. “Guessing you really want to know the answer to what this place is called right? It’s actually hard to place a name since it hasn’t had an official one in the time I have been alive though sailors sometimes call it Mermaid’s Cove. Silly men think that if they get too close to the island a mermaid will sink the ship and eat the flesh of the sailors. Really they normally just wreck on the reef or the rocks. Either way large ships naturally can’t make it into the island waters.”

The crab cracked on the fire, drawing her attention to it. “I actually just ate, though your offer was nice. The smoke from the fire really gave me a fright though.” She pointed in the direction of her house. “I live just down the beach and was tending the garden when I saw the smoke. I guess I got nervous and jumped to conclusions, I didn’t ever expect to see a holy man here.” She pondered for a moment. Why was he here? “If you don’t mind me asking what brought you on your journey? Your pilgrimage I mean.”

Company: With the Knight
OOC: Kind of made it that mermaids used to worship the same gods, hope you don't mind. Thought it would be an interesting topic later. Like she could pick up the sword XD

CrescentValentine
User Image
Vergil Isidore

Vergil's gaze just remained on the fire, he did not give an answer to her question. His teal eyes glinted from the flickering flames. Then, in an instant, his hand shot out grabbing the hilt of his sword, and with a small tug he pulled it out from the ground and in another second he flipped it around. Catching the hilt with the blade's tip now pointed towards her and flexing his arms he thrust the sword, throwing at her. Only for the blade to sail perfectly even in the small narrow space between her arm and torso. When she looked down to it, she would see the blade had pierced an orange and red scorpion that had almost stung her wrist. When she had sat down by the fire, she had disturbed the sand, and awoke the scorpion to her presence whom being a creature could only instinctively assume she was a predator and threat so naturally it became hostile and attacked to protect itself. "I failed the Gods" he said finally answering her question though would not elaborate further. Standing up, he walked over, and pulled the sword out from the ground. "My punishment was to travel the far corners to repent and pray to each God at their respective shrine altars to forgive me for the crime I committed before I could return to Arena's Holy Order temple in the capital and be forgiven for my sin". It was a subject he wasn't fond of or enjoyed talking about. The emotionless tone he spoke with about it would further confirm it to be so. Bending down, he scooped up the dead scorpion, and he used his sword in his other hand to dig a small hole. Dumping the scorpion's body into the small hole, he moved the sand back over it to bury it. Everything living thing, when their lives were ended abruptly like so deserved a burial. Most would leave it alone to rot and feed the buzzards. Sitting back down, he contemplated on what she had said. "And yes. Arena is where I'm from. I have been raised by the church practically since birth and if what you say is true about more creatures becoming attracted to the area. I suppose that means I won't be bored during my stay here" he looked to her giving a sly and confident smirk. He truly believed that whatever beasts were thrown at him, he could slay them without fear or hesitation.

"But... this place here. You said it is called Mermaid's Cove yes?" he asked though he already knew the answer was yes. As he heard the crab leg crackle and sizzle for the hundredth time it seemed, he picked up a handful of sand, and threw it over the fire to extinguish it causing a big puff of smoke. Reaching into his satchel, he grabbed a simple metal fork. Some of it's prongs were in a slightly beaten shape from innumerable use. Clasping his hands together with the fork in between them, he closed his eyes, and lowered his head a little. "O Eternal Lord Leviathan who alone speadest out the Heavens and rulest the raging of the seas. Who hast compassed the waters with bounds until day and night come to an end. I thank thee for your gracious protection and bestowing upon this weary traveler with this decadent bounty and ask your forgiveness for slaying one of your children, but I appreciate that you sent one of your children to test me. I will honor it in my memory as always. Your humble servant, Sir Knight Vergil Isidore". Leviathan, in their belief was the deity that took on the form of a giant serpent-like creature that rules over the seas. Most sailors give prayer to Leviathan before embarking on journeys to hopefully earn safe passage through the waters. When ships sank mysteriously, it was believed to be the work of Leviathan taking vengeance against the sailors on board for not paying homage to the sea god. Incidentally, in their belief, Leviathan is also the the birth mother or creator of all sea monsters. Using the fork, Vergil stabbed into the leg, and with sheer brute force he used the fork to cut the crab leg's crusty shell to expose the sweet and thick juicy meat underneath. "I have overheard sailors in pubs speak their fairy tale fables about the place. I had only assumed them to be myth or the product of rum induced hallucinations, but one fact always remains true in each story". Vergil stabbed out a piece of crab meat from the crab leg with the fork, put it in his mouth, and chewed and swallowed a few moments later. "Is that the Mermaid's Cove is an island" he added. Swallowing down another bite of the crab meat. He was now wishing he had something to drink to help wash the crab meat down with, but he did not want to impose on Ionia and ask her for some. "Is that true Miss Ionia I don't have a surname?".

My Mocha
Ionia.
Is that stuff about Leviathan okay?
Was kinda just shooting in the breeze here

Friend

User ImageUser Image

Ionia’s eyes widened in shock as he went for his blade and her chest tightened as he threw it towards her. Had she been too trusting. Ionia looked down at the blade that had missed her skin only to see the real reason it had been thrown. It was a scorpion; did he just try to save her? She moved her arm to let the Knight pull his blade away. Better not tell him he didn’t need to kill it. As with all mermaids just a few tear drops falling and they would be healed again, so poison wasn’t as big of a deal as it was for humans. She wanted to question how he failed the gods but his voice made it known it wasn’t a favorite topic and she wouldn’t press it even if she really wanted to.

“Don’t go killing everything that seems threatening though.” She said when he smirked, “Most of the time they would rather scavenge the scraps then bother hunting the living.” Plus he could kill one of the other mermaid’s friends unknowingly. Vergil spoke his thanks to Leviathan and started at the crab, and to Ionia’s surprise cracking the shell with ease. “I am sure most of the stories you heard where simply whispers told by drunk men playing their adventures up, but to put it roughly the cove is actually an island indeed.”

Ionia dusted the sand off her arm that had flicked up when the sword hit the sand earlier. She thought for a moment, he did try to save her so he couldn’t be all that bad. Plus he was a man of the cloth so he couldn’t theoretically be hostile towards her, she hoped. “Say, since you saved me from that crawler just then and all why don’t I offer for you to stay with me for a while? It’s not like I can let you wonder around the island and the seas will be dangerous for a while. It’s not as fancy as the houses that the capital boasted but the nights here can get dangerously cold after a storm and it provides protection from that.”

Company: With the Knight
OOC:

CrescentValentine

Dark Sea Captain's Compadre

Shameless Gawker

13,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Imagexxxxxxxx

CORALIE of the SOUTHEAST
                                                                      ▉▉▉▉▉▉▊ TICK TACK
                                                                      ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▊▊▉▉▉▉▉BE0I0H0A0P0P0Y0OR0MISERABLE,
                                                                      ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▊▉▊▉▉▉▉▉THE0MORNING0SUN0WILL0RISE0FAIRLY0AND0CRUELLY,
                                                                      ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▊▉▊▉▉▉▉▉I'M0ALREADY0TRYING0MY0BEST0JUST0TO0LIVE,
                                                                      ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▊▉▊▉▉▉▉▉WHAT0ELSE0DO0YOU0POSSIBLY0EXPECT0OF0ME0?

It seemed that the tides would not yield as the sea storm raged on. Today was no day for small Coralie to be out swimming and she knew that all to well, but more then anything her heart ached to return to the waters. Every day was precious when it came to the search for her mother and even though all hope was lost Coralie would not give up on the chance that she would find her.
                                                                      She had promised herself that she would look everyday and so, even though she could not swim, she sat in the sand, close to the shore as she could get without being swept away. Her sea-foam green eyes cast out onto the water's surface, not even a flinch. She looked for any sign of fins or a tail or those memorable red locks.
                                                                      As she sat she wiggled her bare toes in the sand, digging them in and unearthing them on a repeated cycle. She found that if she kept her limbs active she had less of a chance for her legs to revert back into a tail. Even then however, she still had plenty of accidents and embarrassing incidents. So much so she could only think what the other mermaids of the island thought of her. Sure, they were nice enough, but really, she had to wonder how pathetic they thought her to be. A young useless mermaid searching every day for her dea- no. She would not think like that. Her mother was alive. She had to be. Because if she wasn't that would mean she was alone in this world.
                                                                      She could feel the tears sting the corner of her eyes and she quickly wiped them away on the back of her hand. It was no time to feel sorry for herself, that only ever made things worse anyhow.
                                                                      She could see the sun coming down in the sky. She had not realized how long she had been sitting there, and a rumble of the tummy made it clear very quick. All day. She stood slowly, she could feel a crack in her knees as she got up, stiff from the long period of stillness. She gave a small stretch, arms going far above her head and her back arching. Dropping her arms back to her sides she would let her eyes go back to search the water one last time for the day. She could not starve herself and there was plenty of time tomorrow to continue her search.
                                                                      ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▊▊▉▉▉▉▉TICK0TACK0!
                                                                      On the shores, southeast side of the island.
                                                                      With no one
                                                                      OOC
                                                                      Yay first post~
                                                                      Its 2 AM and it was the best I could muster when I'm so exhausted. But I wanted to post something so sorry its a whole lot of nothing.

Eloquent Phantom

User Image
Meliel
Mermaid of the Deep

Slipping through the lower parts of the ocean a ways out from the shore of Mermaid's Cove was the slender figure of Meliel. Her looks were quite deceiving though; despite her delicate looking form, her body could take a lot of physical abuse, and her strength wasn't something to scoff at either. In fact, to complicate her appearance a bit, she had a spear (Meliel's doesn't glow like this one appears to) held in one hand, ready to be wielded should she need it to fend off deep sea creatures. There wasn't much light down this deep in the water, but this didn't bother Meliel in the least. She was perfectly at home near the ocean floor and as usual, she was looking for human treasures.

An odd shape in the sand soon caught her eye and she wasted no time approaching it to seize it as her own. Digging the small object out of the sand, she was greeted with the sight of an ornately jeweled egg. Tilting her head to the side a little, she fiddled with the piece since it had a seam around the middle, as if it could be opened. She soon thought better of trying to open it under the water though, and ended up pocketing the egg into her satchel. After all, if there was some sort of paper on the inside of the egg, it'd get ruined by the water, and Meliel did like to see the full extent of the items that she claimed. It didn't take long for Meliel to figure out where the object probably came from, because nearby was the body of a human, who was wearing regal clothing. He still had all of his meat, surprisingly, which meant that he had probably just died: her fellow denizens did not leave free food alone for long. Meliel surveyed the area to make sure there weren't any creatures around that would get too upset, and once she confirmed this fact, she patted the human down for his clothes and valuables.

So many things were out and about today... She'd found a multitude of jewels, wooden furniture, some fine clothing, and even some armor and weapons. What in the world was going on up on the surface? She'd have to go look once she finished up with her collecting. Meliel could go for months without going up to the surface, in fact, she generally abhorred being in her two legged form. Only when necessity strikes does she let herself dry fully enough to transform. Even when the rare human comes by Meliel doesn't bother to appear human, unless for some reason there was a large group of them. Seeing Meliel is basically a death sentence to a human; once she knows there's a human on the island, she will make sure that they never leave. If they did? Well, she would kill them. While she didn't enjoy living with humans, she wouldn't risk one human tattling to all of his friends about mermaids. That was a mistake that Meliel promised herself she would never make again.

As Meliel continued to scour the sea floor, she found herself getting closer and closer to Mermaid's Cove, and the sheer amount of loot on the ground still seemed to be more than usual. Meliel's expression soured a bit at this, since shipwrecks that were closer to the island actually had a chance of leaving humans on their territory. ... Troublesome. She would have to go circle the island soon to do a reconnaissance mission.

As she got closer to the cove, she scooped up some shellfish from the sand for some sustenance for the time being. Stuffing those into her quite full bag, she put as many as she could in there to store in her caves for later as well. Meliel had taken measures to effectively mark the caves under the northeast section of the island as her territory to the sea life, and they respected her boundaries after she'd bashed that lesson into their heads many times. As a result, the caves were her peaceful haven and safe storage place. While she did have a multitude of items to bring back to her caves, she didn't head back there yet. Instead, she headed up towards the surface to see what was going on there. The further up she got, the more turbulent the water became, and she began to understand just what was going on. Storms. They were undetectable at the depths that she frequented, but now that she was closer to the surface, she could feel the sea's fury.

Stopping near the surface, she pondered whether she actually wanted to subject herself to unfiltered light. In the end she decided that she would, one because the sky would be cloudy and two because she was pretty sure that the sun was actually going down for the day. Taking a deep breath, her head broke through the surface of the water, and as usual, she had to wait a little before her eyes adjusted to the sheer brightness of the open air. The sun had apparently not set enough for her eyes' liking. "Ugh.." She muttered, rubbing her eyes with both hands "How people live with this I will never understand..."

While Meliel struggled to get her eyes to adjust, the waves just tossed Meliel about as if she was a simple twig. Finally, Meliel's eyes began to adjust to the light around her and she was able to keep them open though she had to squint to keep them that way. White dots littered her sight, and she blinked rapidly to try and get them to go away. By this time, the waves had pushed her towards the shore, and it wasn't long before she was deposited on the sands of Mermaid's Cove, the water lapping at her fin as she looked around. It would seem that she'd drifted quite a ways to the south, because she found Coralie standing on the beach, staring out at the ocean.

"I can see why you're not out on your vain search today." It was all Meliel said by way of commenting on how she came to be on the shore, and her statement was as blunt as usual; Meliel had no problem telling Coralie her true feelings about the girl's search. No friendly greeting or small talk came from Meliel, it was straight to the point with her. After a moment's pause, she rolled onto her stomach, the sand helping to cover up the fact that Meliel wore nothing. Propping her head up with one hand, she set her spear down in the sand besides her as she stared at Coralie now. "Still... Don't you need to be out in the water to get food? I seem to recall us being a bit similar in terms of diet." She was probably remembering the girl's diet a bit wrong: for the most part, Meliel didn't bother trying to remember trivial information about her neighbors.

OOC: I apologize for this post being a bit on the long side, my first posts generally are... Future posts shouldn't be quite as long though xD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff