Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friend

User Image

Within the difficulty of accomplishing my one and only wish,
I Want to show you that I’ll protect you to the end,
for something irreplaceable
I vow to my pounding heartbeats,

Everyone knows that mermaids are magical creatures. But did you know that you could use just about everything from a mermaid to do something amazing? For example; a kiss allows you to breath under water; a scale can summon a mermaid; the blood can create a deadly poison; tears can heal any wound; her breath can knock men out; and her love can keep you young forever. It is precisely because of these traits, that mermaids are hunted down by kings and pirates alike. There is an island, called Maidens Cove, where there is a whole colony of mermaids. It is said to be lush, green, and full of life. It’s like no other place on Earth. It is even rumored, that the mermaids walk along the land, for they sprout legs when dry. The only problem is finding the damned place. Around the area it is rumored to be there is a heavy fog that is said to drive men insane. The ships crash and sink. But every now and then, a man is saved, by the very thing they were hunting for. Will they continue to hunt mermaids? Or fall in love with this maiden of the water?

I’ll keep on running until I burn up
Within the eternal love,
which I can feel it indeed surviving,
it’s a promise that I want to fulfill

Friend

1. You are welcome to use gore, violence, fighting, comedy, romance, plot twists but remember to keep to the TOS (I don't feel like being banned today). If you have a problem with that, then this role play isn't for you.

2. There will be NO godmoding, trolling, spamming, cybering, autohitting, flaming, power playing, Mary Sue, John Does, Etc. Etc. Etc. Not only is all of that unfair and mean, but it's rude. I will not tolerate these things from anyone.

3. Send me your profile titled "Maiden" if you are a mermaid, or "landlubber" if you're a boy. Also, send me your reserve skelly first. To show you read the rules, put a heart in your profile.

4. You can not post until you're character profile is up. If you are really reading the rules, then you know to really put a twisted smile in the profile instead of a heart. Also, if you want to change your profile, just send me the spiffy new version of it. I'll gladly change it for you.

5. This IS a semi lit to literate role play... You need to post at least two paragraphs long. Though I don't want any novels. So no more that 9 paragraphs per post please and thank you. Also, keep the font readable and no bright or neon colors. Also, I understand spelling and grammar errors, but don't go overboard. No Text talk!

6. Please, please, please. Read the character profiles. I don't want or need five characters that are the same!!! Make them different! It won't kill you, I swear. Also, it is fun to collaborate with other role players so that your characters have a history and somehow know each other. It makes things more interesting! Of course the mermaids will know each other (though to different degrees).

7. You must post at LEAST 4 times a week. I myself have work days on varying days that can be up to ten hours, not including transport so I understand missing a day or two but do let us know in the ooc so we are not refreshing every ten minutes. I will delete your character if you don't post! Do not join then never post, that frustrates me. I am human though, so I understand if something comes up, just try to tell me ahead of time. I also expect this roleplay to move reasonably slow so please don't go ham and post twenty times in one day for each of your characters.

8. All pictures must be ANIME! If you have a hard time finding one, they use zerochan and search up something like 'Mermaid Blond Solo' or 'Male Solo Green Eyes'. If you still can't find anything you like, ask me for help. I have the right to ask you to change pictures if I don't feel they are fitting of the roleplay style and fantasy setting (the roleplay is in the age of Kings and Mythology)

9. Tell me if you have an idea for the role play, I like new ideas. Plot twists, as previously mentioned, are welcome and loved. Go ahead, plan with each other. With that said, I'd like to mention that you can not kill another character without their permission. However, NPCs are welcome and fair game for killing. KILL THE NPCs!!!! Even NPCs other people created, if it doesn't have a profile it is fair game.

10. To allow the human to have a fair fight in this, you must take hits. You can heal, but allow yourself to get hurt every now and then. Not that hard right? Also, to the humans, you can't auto hit! That would be breaking rule number 2 which is a no-no.

11. Please don't be that person who I accept and has the most boring character known to man. I don't want to pm people to kick them out of the roleplay for poor character creation. Its a medieval fantasy setting so things are not all peachy for everyone, nor are people masters at fighting if they are young or inexperienced. Your character's history should reflect if they have had training since they are young (ect.) but this should affect personality and the like.

12. Have fun! Slaughter civilians, kill the fuzz, fall in love. Do whatever. Just make sure you are respectful to the other role players when you do. DON'T IGNORE PEOPLE!!!!

13. You are not locked down to one character if you decide to go the romance route in the role-play. I want drama, feel free to try to play characters off each-other

Mermaid Attributes

Tail to Leg transformation
Thousands of years ago Mermaids where supposedly enchanted by the God of the Sea to allow them to sprout legs when their tails are dry. They would grow a tail again when their legs got wet or when their life-force was low. A few mermaids have the ability to control this power though their unique abilities. (The ability to control takes up one of the three individual power slots)

A Mermaid’s Kiss
The saliva of a Mermaid acts as a gill allowing her to breathe underwater. This ability can be transferred though kissing for a short amount of time. The longer the kiss the longer the time, though the maximum seems to be about an hour.

Mermaid Scales
When Mermanian civilization flourished Mermaids did not see their tails as unique, though now mermaid numbers have dwindled to less than five hundred, another mermaid is unlikely to have the same type of tail. This has made the Scales of a Mermaid a luxury for jewellers and a scale is much more expensive than a diamond, though some exotic colors are worth even more again. This is why Mermaids are often killed and have their scales harvested when caught in nets.

Summoning a Mermaid
As a payoff for having the ability to transform to have legs when a stolen scale is shattered by a human (since the idea of legs was stolen from humans) then the Mermaid will be teleported to the location in a sea of light. Scales of dead mermaids are not included in this rule as there is nothing to summon. Summoning only works when the mermaid is in tail form, so if she is summoned while her legs are showing nothing will happen, though she will be able to tell her scale was shattered.

Mermaid Blood
Mermaid Blood is a double edged sword. Though it is not deadly to a mermaid normally it has the potential to destroy a mermaid’s unique abilities if they are overused before the mermaid reaches maturity. If this happens then the hair of the mermaid is likely to become pale or even white. Alchemists can create a poison from mermaid’s blood called ‘Sea Widow’ the only known cure for this poison is Mermaid’s tears and even then the victim’s hair becomes pale or white.

Mermaid’s Tears
The tears of a mermaid are strongly sought after for their ability to heal any mortal wound or poison. Due to it being created inside their bodies the Mermaids themselves have slightly better healing abilities but they also normally cry onto a wound to heal it instantly. Though the tears instantly heal the victim, if not a mermaid they would feel the pain of the whole healing process and sometimes they would die simply from the shock of the pain.

Mermaid’s Breath
Though it requires training and years of experience to perfect, a Mermaid’s voice can hit a note that can disrupt a human’s balance and make them fall to the ground if they are within three feet. It is a hard thing to master and can’t be done before the mermaid is mature, though most can’t do it till have they have reached at least one hundred years of age.

A Mermaid’s Love
As there are no male mermaid’s in known existence all the ladies of the sea are children of men and have had this relationship since the first mermaid came to be. No boys have ever been known to be born to Mermaids. Though a Mermaid can have a loveless relationship with a man if she truly loves him to the point that she would rather die than have him leave the world without her then her immortality is shared with him, though at this point both would die if one of them does. As relationships don’t normally reach this point most mermaid children have never met their fathers or only knew them for a short time.

Friend

~NORTH~
User Image
Vruez : Elian Knightleigh : 17 : North

~NORTHWEST~
User Image
My Mocha : Aquila Tangerine : 1637 : Northwest

~NORTHEAST~
User Image
Tanrria : Meliel : 48 : Northeast

~EAST~
User Image
Doozlez : Cortana Rose : 115 : East

~WEST~
User Image
My Mocha : Ionia : 24 : West

~SOUTHWEST~
User Image
Sunny Tsushima : Dmitria Eula : 111 : Southwest

~SOUTHEAST~
IMG
User : Name : Age : Southeast

~SOUTH~
User Image
iiEzio Auditore Fan Girl : Elpiniki Eione Thalassa : 99 : South

Friend

~KING~
User Image
My Mocha : Valerianus : 26 : King

~PRINCE~
User Image
Vruez : Allard Jon Halloway : 16 : Prince

~KNIGHT~
User Image
CrescentValentine : Vergil Isidore : 29 : Knight

~MERCHANT~
User Image
iiEzio Auditore Fan Girl : Cassius Nightingale : 17 : Merchant

~PEASANT~
User Image
CrescentValentine : Andrew Giorgino : 17 : Peasant

~SERVANT~
Open

~THIEF~
Open

~PIRATE~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Vruez : Angus Jackman : 22 : Pirate

Friend

Mermaid Reserve Skelly
[img]200x100[/img]
Username : Name : Age : Province

Human Reserve Skelly
[img]200x100[/img]
Username : Name : Age : Social Status

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mermaid Full Skelly
[align=center](anime pic)
[b]My human form:[/b] (URL only, OPTIONAL)
[b]My puppeteer is:[/b] (username)
[b]I am called:[/b] (name)
[b]But you may call me by:[/b] (nickname)
[b]Of course I am a:[/b] Female
[b]I've lived many seasons:[/b] (age)
[b]Even though I really look around:[/b] (appeared age)
[b]My province is:[/b] (North, South, etc.)
[b]I can do something amazing:[/b] (powers, limit of three, not including listed mermaid powers ex. growing legs, healing, etc.)
[b]My awesomeness only goes so far:[/b] (weaknesses [b]at least[/b] three)
[b]My many skills include:[/b] (talents)
[b]People say I am:[/b] (personality)
[b]The many things I Enjoy:[/b] (likes, at least 3)
[b]The many things I Hate:[/b] (dislikes, at least 3)
[b]The story of my life:[/b] (bio, at least a paragraph long)
[b]The song I sing is:[/b] (URL please)[/align]

Human Full Skelly
[align=center](anime pic)
[b]The voice in my head:[/b] (username)
[b]My name is:[/b] (name)
[b]But you may call me:[/b] (nickname)
[b]The doctors say I am a:[/b] Male
[b]There are this many candles on my cake:[/b] (age)
[b]Even though I really look around:[/b] (appeared age)
[b]My social status is:[/b] (king, pirate, etc.)
[b]My weapon of choice:[/b] (weapon URL)
[b]My awesomeness only goes so far:[/b] (weaknesses [b]at least[/b] three)
[b]My many skills include:[/b] (talents)
[b]People say I am:[/b] (personality)
[b]The many things I Enjoy:[/b] (likes, at least 3)
[b]The many things I Hate:[/b] (dislikes, at least 3)
[b]Ship in a Bottle:[/b] (bio, at least a paragraph long)
[b]The song I sail to is:[/b] (URL please)[/align]

Friend

Thankyou to the Great Salem Lucid Ester for letting me remake her roleplay from years ago!

OOC

PROFILES

Open // Accepting

Friend

Friend

Friend

Friend

Friend

Friend

Friend

Friend

Quick Reply