Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

The Regal entered the asteroid belt, its fate sealed. Those deemed unimportant knew they went to their deaths, but they knew that their sacrifice was for the greater good, to destroy the pirate threat. Oh, how the loyal and faithful are sometimes the greatest of fools. As the ship struck the asteroid’s shielding, there was a moment where it seemed the ship would slow, but the shield dissipated milliseconds later, and the full force of a Coalition Dreadnought collided with the asteroid, The explosion was followed by the structure of the ship penetrating the outer layers of the asteroid, and driving itself into the station. The casualties from the section of the station where there was now the shattered bow of a starship was practically incalculable. And these would only be the first deaths aboard Calypso Station. The entire rock shook violently, as if several earthquakes were happening at once. Alister Blood ran through the streets, and was suddenly thrown off his feet, just as the Bloodhound had come into sight. A suspicious looking vehicle had just departed moments before this occurrence, though he had no idea of its passengers or their intentions. Cursing as he struck the hard metal of the station floor, he threw himself back onto his feet, and continued on, running down the rest of the road, and into the Bloodhound.

The building had been sturdy enough that those inside would not have been too awfully bothered by the shaking. Everyone sat with their drinks in hand, looking around stupidly as the slight tremors of force interrupted their leisure time. Something didn’t feel quite right as he entered the bar, and the lack of bartender was the first thing that caught his eye. A man was crouched behind the bar, and he seemed to be pillaging the stock of fine liquors. Alister unsheathed his katana, and from his position on the other side of the bar, drove the blade through the man’s throat, causing him to drop a few bottles of fine whiskey, that luckily survived the impact. The now bleeding to death thief was gasping for air, and gurgling on blood in moments. The next sight that had caught Alister’s eye was the stood next to him, laying on the ground...and even more odd, was Captain Devaro’s longcoat, which lay discarded on the floor behind the stool. Liam Devaro never went anywhere without such a fine piece of clothing. Gave him a more commanding look, he said.

The burned, ruined remains of a backroom were obvious, and he could hear the familiar voice of a certain pink-haired, pointy-eared woman coming from within. He could see Nova, and once again, something wasn’t right. But first, he would check his investment. He approached the door that would have been Virgil’s office, and pushed it openly gently, greeted first with the dead form of Virgil, which made him smile. A good kill was something he could appreciate, and he definitely attempted to imagine how much fun it would have been killing the piece of garbage. Next to the body, covered in blood that was mostly his, but some of it not, was another familiar face, bound and bagged quite efficiently; Czeslaw Romano. Alister grinned widely as he saw the fear in the man’s eyes as he recognized Alister. ”Don’t worry, my friend...I’ll be back for you in a second. We’re going to have lots of fun together, you and I.” Czeslaw attempted to scream, and cry out, and the muffled voice from how well he was gagged carried a bit as Alister exited the office, but no one seemed to care. It was in a casual stride that he made his way to the store room. His recent encounters had roughed him up a bit, but nothing compared to what he saw next. He had been caught unprepared.

He looked from Nova, to Christian, to the obviously-not-bartender, and then he looked at Rhia, and his face twisted into horror. He maneuvered around the other occupants of the room, and knelt down by her side, finding a weak pulse, and looking over her various wounds and bruises. Alister Blood was not an easy man to bring emotion out of, but it was obvious that this damaged him, deeply. He gently took one of Rhia’s hands in his, and stifled any crying he may have wanted to do at the moment. She had been quite brutalized, and even with all she had been through, she would not last long without medical attention. Alister’s gaze then went to Christian, and he gritted his teeth. ”What in the ******** happened here?” He demanded of the trio, trying to contain the sorrow-turning-into-rage. He did all he could not to lash out anymore than raising his voice, but his hands were trembling with fury. ”Who the ******** did this to you guys?” It took another moment, before a realization dawned upon him. ”Where is the girl? Where is Daniella?”

The rocky ceiling of the asteroid began to give way to a chorus of powerful drills, as large pods full of Halloran’s soldiers descended through the rock layers, until finally piercing the metal of the station infrastructure, and dropping into Calypso Station proper. The troops and mechanical droids swarmed the streets, and just as they had on Kessel, they began to kill indiscriminately. Their orders were still the same; capture Blood and Daniella alive. All others could be killed, and their bodies yielded reward. The troops would begin to systematically take over the station. A squadron violently kicked in a door, to find a pair of pirates standing over a well-beaten down man. Kramer and Locke looked knowingly at the soldier, who looked at the battered form of Captain Devaro, and nodded, looking back at his squad and lowering his rifle. ”Move along to the next one. Converge on the beacon after you clear out your sections.”

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image
User Image
A crack in her armor. That slaver comment seemed to take that psycho b***h off guard. Gunnar tried to keep the smile from creeping to his lips. In that moment's distraction, a small item fell into the store room. With a high pitched whine, all of the power went. Gunnar was holding the only light in the room. He didn't even see Alexei's foot until it was too late.

Bottle shattered, pouring liquid fire in the doorway. Through the light he saw Alexei run carrying her target. He ran to the door and shouted after her. "You may not be a slaver but the man you're getting in bed with is. When you've done your part he'll use you and throw you out. Just. Like. Virgil." It had been easy enough to pick up the owner's name during his shift tending bar; hopefully dropping it would get that woman to do the right thing.

The surgeon focused his thoughts and tried to make them as loud as he could. I'll take care of them, Blondie, so they can take care of you. Gunnar turned back to the poorly illuminated storeroom. I'm not going to be able to take care of anyone in the dark. "Sara, give me some light over here."

His assistant did not respond. Suddenly it dawned on him what had happened - that grenade was an EMP and Sara would be down for a while. Certainly long enough for at least one of his to bleed out. Gunnar pulled out his lighter and got to work setting up some more Molotovs to use as lamps while Nova extinguished the fire in the doorway.

Now that he had enough light to operate, Gunnar took a look at Christian. Shot twice, shoulder and leg. Conscious and tending to self, but shot to leg may have hit important blood vessels. Then he turned his gaze toward Rhia. Stab wound in shoulder - large, jagged. Broken arm, other broken bones likely. Internal bleeding? Appears incapacitated. Dying. Knowing that Rhia would not be able to tend to herself as Christian was, he grabbed his now lifeless assistant and dragged it over to the Scot. Gunnar didn't have the tools to check for internal damage, not now with Sara slagged. All he could offer her at this time was to treat the shock and obvious injuries. With some luck, she would last until Sara had rebooted.

He laid her down on the floor near the doorway and propped her feet up on a box. His patient in place ripped open her shirt and moved it to expose her wounded shoulder. The area showed superficial burning but had not been serious enough to cauterize. Still, painful. Bits of broken bone stood exposed. He gingerly pulled them out with a pair of forceps, careful not to cause Rhia any more harm than necessary. For her part, she was a cooperative patient and seemed to have enough of her wits about her, even in this condition, not to struggle. It was obvious that this wasn't the first time she'd received battlefield medicine. The blood continued to run from her shoulder. Gunnar pulled a small sealed syringe and a tiny spray bottle from Sara. He broke the placed the tip of the syringe in the stab wound and filled the jagged opening with a milky fluid. The bleeding slowed to a trickle and stopped entirely when he spray the bottle over her shoulder. The Veti-Gel quickly hardened into a pale rubbery substance that looked like grafted skin and smelled like epoxy. "It's not pretty but it'll keep you in the fight." Next; the damaged arm. Splints are easy enough to make being little more than rags and sticks. He placed a broken piece of shelving along Rhia's shattered forearm and tied it in place with his shirt.

Gunnar's lean torso was now uncovered and his tattoos exposed. His body read like a service record and a social media profile rolled into one. The illustrations bore a stark contrast to the rigid surgeon he had appeared to be only moments before. He whispered a quick prayer. "Eir, if you cannot keep this one standing, tell your sisters of her strength and courage that she may dine with you in Valhalla." He loosened her clothing, undoing her belt and boots before draping Nova's coat over Rhia. With that, he had exhausted the medical treatment he could offer her without a real hospital or at least Sara. He moved on to Christian

"We've- got to do something. No one deserves a fate such as this," he heard Nova say meekly.

"You act like...I'm...about to...die."

Gunnar smacked the kid lightly upside his head. "She means Blondie. The armored son-of-a-b***h targeted her and knew enough about you to be ready for the fight. Still, he was a coward and let a woman do the fighting for him while he literally ran away. I'd say slaver or Dominion private security. Either way, whoever his boss is won't be inclined to see her as anything more than a commodity." The surgeon extracted an intact round from his patient's shoulder. As for you dying, the woman who shot you came prepared for some armored resistance. AP rounds don't fragment or mushroom like normal bullets, so they keep that nice rounded shape. They'll punch through anything, but are a lot easier to survive." The surgeon didn't mention that his attacker had almost certainly not been shooting to kill. He applied pressure to Christian's shoulder until it stopped bleeding and then filled the hole with his foul smelling fluid and spritzed it with the curing solution. He had begun carefully cutting away the leg of his patient's pants when a large man burst in through the doorway and into Gunnar's impromptu operating room.

The illustrated surgeon spun around and trained his weapon toward the interloper. His phased plasma pistol made a small electronic sound as it was primed to fire. ”Where is the girl? Where is Daniella?”

At the display of concern, Gunnar lowered his sidearm. "The young blonde was taken by a pair assailants, a man and a woman. The man was wearing full TI armor. The woman was that crazy b***h who stabbed the bartender earlier." With no immediate threats in the area, he went back to work on Christian's leg. "She's the one who stabbed your friend on the floor and shot the kid, but I get the impression he's calling the shots. And your friend should be stable but I don't have the tools to do more than first aid right now. She probably has a couple of broken ribs and might be bleeding internally. I'll check again when I patch the holes in Whitey here."

He looked at Blood. The man was obviously former Coalition of Terra, gene modded for combat, much like Gunnar himself. That means he had almost certainly seen a field surgeon or two and there was going to be a question about Sara. "They used an EMP. My surgical assistant hasn't rebooted yet."

The surgeon locked eyes with the most dangerous man in the galaxy. "Whoever they were, they played us."

User Image

High-functioning Prophet

User Image

"I will never stop trying to be the person I see reflecting back at me through those eyes."

♚▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄♚
User Image

Vegas' eyes peered over to Christian as he spoke, she'd smile softly. He responded to her comment about fate she shook her head gently. She'd faith that he'd make it out alive, but what she'd been referring to was Dani.

"No, you're right. You're much tougher than you let on. I was talking about the girl though. All I'm saying is I can understand how you must feel..."
She would look off, gathering herself as her hand trembled, a single sigh would escape her as she regained her composure. Her chin would quiver as she forced herself to stay strong as she tried to bury her own feelings. Her eyes were soft and sincere as she smiled back at Christian.

"Just, be thankful she hit you where she did." Vegas glanced over as another came into the room, her eyes would almost glare until she met the image with recognition. You could tell it was a Hell of a day when one sighs in relief that a psychopathic pirate enters one's presence. But she was relieved, pirates she could predict rather well. In a sense, she knew how to speak the same language.

Alister demanded answers, and Vegas was about to respond when Gunnar quickly answered. Vegas would nod at Gunnar's words as she agreed with his statement. She would look to Alister and his actions towards Rhia. It was nothing short of heartbreaking seeing him lay witness to the destruction this riot had caused. His crew was harmed, and that, was a blow that little could make more personal. She tried not to relate with her own memories of injured or even dying crew mates. She'd shake her head of the thought.

A shout came from the rage fueled man, and Vegas grit her teeth. She feared he would escalate to hysterics. Lifting herself to her feet she would walk over and grab her cap, placing it on her head and carrying a much more fierce expression.

"Captain, with all do respect-" She'd say coldly. Gathering her courage she'd do something she'd really wanted to avoid, and that was take the chance of provoking the illusive Alister Blood, the Bloodhawk. "Get your s**t together!"

"You're of no good to her in hysterics. Pull yourself together..."
Vegas' emerald eyes would stare at those icy orbs of his as she continued. "It is obvious that something is very, very wrong here."

Here eyes would grow wide like saucers as she stared at the man, a light turning on in her head. Her mouth would rest agape at the realization.

"Did, you see Captain Devaro on your way in? He- was with me in the bar, but... he didn't follow in. Which just seems, a little odd."[/b] She'd begin to look more concerned. "Something, is amiss here... "

Vegas would think back on the tremors that occurred not long before Alister arrived.

"Things just don't feel right at all."
She'd state, walking over to her belt buckle as soon as she heard yet another ping sound from it. A screeching sound coming from it as it returned to its casual weight of roughly sixty pounds. Picking it up and strapping it to her waist she looked to the others. "We're sitting ducks here. We've got to find a way to get these two out of here and retreat to safety. We're ill-equipped."

With that the pink haired woman would reach down and pick up the chainsaw hilt and pull a drawstring a few times, the device would roar and sputter out bursts of solar energy in bright yellow bursts before keeping a charge and returning to its traditional neon blue hue. She'd stop the charge and flip the device, pulling out it's power chip. Walking over to Gunnar she offered out the alternative power chip.

"Save her, please? This should be enough to power your assistant..."

User Image
*SUPERNOVA*

Lie To Me...

"Out there, every star in the night’s sky is an oath I took for you..."
"Written in the largest letter I never sent. This oath I took for you, was written on my very soul and displayed for all to see in this very sky."

"...I love you enough to fuel the night's sky." ~
Tiberius Pierce

...Just once more

User Image User Image User Image

Mood: Broken
Health: 65% Tipsy
Song: She Wears a Smile

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

"I need a FIX 'cuz I'm going down."

outfit // Calypso
stamina // 67% - shaky, slightly upset
addiction status // craving

As much as she hated to admit it to herself, Gunnar's words to Alexei as they ran off stuck in her mind. You may not be a slaver but the man you're getting in bed with is. When you've done your part he'll use you and throw you out. Just. Like. Virgil. How had he known what Virgil had done to her in the first place? There was certainly more to the surgeon than met the eye, but she had no time to decipher him before Ben made her get the hell out of there. A part of her wondered, was Ben actually a slaver? She had met them before, and it took all types to run intergalactic rings. But to chase after someone so specific wasn't really in a slaver's agenda, unless she was a high-profile target that had run away.

Alexei examined Daniella as they headed towards the hangar. She bore no marks that indicated her to be a slave. She was very thin, and definitely not the healthiest woman, but there were no signs of physical battery (other than the ones she most recently received from Alexei herself), and she seemed mentally sound. The black-haired girl, on the other hand, was not doing so well. She felt a thin layer of sweat coat her fingers as she gripped onto the briefcase. Oh gods, she really needed a fix. To try and quell her shaking, she pulled out her electronic cigarette and took frantic puffs, her leg bouncing.

"In the hands of an a*****e and a drug addict. How lovely..."

Alexei's eyes flashed angrily and she turned to Daniella, grabbing her wrist. "Don't you say one more word," she growled. "You know nothing about it."

The fifteen-year old girl stared down at the ground as Dominick Maiachev slowly walked up to her. Ivan Rathborne kept a firm grip on her shoulder, pushing her towards the man. "Look at him, Santogold," he said, and she did not comply. Rathborne pulled her back and hit her on the back of the head. "I said look at him." Finally, she did so, her year-old eyes staring right through his skull. Maiachev smiled and ran a finger down the side of her goggles. "They seem to be doing well for you, our investment. Now," he looked at Rahtborne, "You think she'd be good as a bodyguard? She's young, and she's only been with us for a few days." Rathborne nodded. "Yes, but her eyes allow her to see things we can't. She's good for spying, and sometimes the best way to spy is right in the open. Also, an attractive girl will entice our potential clients into buying."

Maiachev took Alexei's chin in his fingers and looked into her cybernetic gaze. "Are you a virgin, Miss Santogold?" She gave a small shake of her head. "No," she responded quietly. A few other men in the room exchanged grins. Maiachev raise an eyebrow, smiling. "Are you lying to me?" "No." A look crossed Maiachev's face; one that almost seemed disappointed, mixed with faint surprise. "Well then, Miss Santogold, have you ever done drugs before?" he asked, opening a metal box and pulling out a syringe. Alexei eyed it in fear. "Only cigarettes," she answered. "I see. Well, then I suppose there is a new experience I can give you, Miss Santogold," Maiachev said, taking her arm and holding it down on the table. Alexei would have given everything to pull away and run off, but she thought about her father, and did nothing.

Alexei had her hand in the air, as if she were going to strike Daniella. Instead, she let go of the injured girl's arm and lowered her hand. She turned her face away, in shame. "Don't say another word about it," she repeated quietly, taking a long drag of her electronic cigarette, her fingers tapping the seat impatiently.

A huge sound rocked the station, just like the noise she had heard back on Kessel. Her eyes widened a little as soldiers flooded the streets. They were back. "s**t," she remarked as she pulled out her gun, opened the car window and leaning out to shoot every soldier she could lock onto.

I, too, saw God through mud —
    The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
    War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
    And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
    Merry it was to laugh there —
    Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
    For power was on us as we slashed bones bare
    Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder.

- "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo", Wilfred Owen

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

Alister listened to Gunnar’s words closer. The mysterious bartender, who was actually a field surgeon. He definitely had the look about him; well-educated, carried himself in a disciplined manner, the steely gaze that comes with watching people around you die. As he described the attackers that caused this, Alister could feel his blood begin to boil. It was so obvious, and he couldn’t even realize how stupid he had been. Ben had been hunting Daniella, for whatever reason, since Kessel Station. Taking her to Calypso had only delayed his plans. And Alexei...well, it was unclear if she had always been in on it, a clever bit of planning, what had seemed to be a random happenstance...or perhaps he had just paid her off, made her promises. Or, even worse; perhaps she made him a promise, in return for Virgil’s death. The connection between Alexei and Virgil had been a brief glimpse, but it was also no coincidence that after Ben’s brief meeting with Virgil, which a poisoned Alister didn’t deem important at the time, was the last time anyone had seen Virgil alive before Alister himself saw the gory scene. Alexei had kept her promise to him, even after she betrayed him, and so it would be fair to say she could do the same for Ben, even if it meant kidnapping an innocent little girl. And then the part that stung most of all...the words that fell from Gunnar’s mouth causing his fists to clench; they had indeed been played. Now, Rhia was dying, and Christian wasn’t faring too much better, in the grand scheme of things. And, with Daniella lost, it was a scar on Alister’s reputation. He swore to protect the girl in exchange for money, and now she was gone. And there was something else...was that a bit of actual remorse, deep down? No, it couldn’t be. It was instantly swallowed up by the flames of fury.

When Nova decided to open her mouth, Alister’s anger had started to unhinge. It was a knee-jerk reaction to her, and as soon as her icy words graced his ears, he turned to her and snarled, as if he were about to rip her throat out with his own teeth, ”Get my s**t together? I’m going to rip them the ******** apart.” There were moments of silence that passed between them, and his face, wild and full of hate, seemed to soften. ”No, I didn’t see him. But if he was just here...there’s no way he would have let this happen without a fight. You’re right...something IS amiss.” Alister breathed deeply, and placed a hand on Nova’s shoulder, smiling. ”Thank you…” It was obviously in reference to her aiding the surgeon, trying to power up his assistant. He then turned to Christian, and his smile turned to a ego-filled smirk. ”Beat up pretty badly, Junior. Usually I’d make a joke about tripping over a pile of your money, but not quite appropriate now.” He approached the injured kid, and examined his wounds, before grabbing him by the collar, and almost lifting him off the ground. ”Now, be straight with me, boy. The girl, Daniella...all she told me is that she had ‘fled the coop’. She’s obviously running. And she’s running from the Dominion. Right now, Benny-boy and that whore are taking her who the ******** knows where, at the beck and call of unknown masters. I should have known it, that he was with the Dommies. I could just as easily leave her to rot, to be tortured, or whatever the hell they want with her. That is, unless you tell me what makes her so goddamned important. To the Dominion, to anyone...and to you. Who is she to the heir of GenEx? And don’t think I won’t leave her behind. The truth, now.”

Alister would have waited for Christian’s answer, before an interruption came from the Bloodhound outside. There were cries of surprise, and the sound of gunshots ringing out, and those screams turned to sounds of death. He looked around at his compatriots, and growled. ”You’ve all done enough, wait here.” He let go of Christian, and when he left the backroom, he expected to see more bounty hunters. What he actually saw confirmed his suspicions, at least in his head, that Ben was working for the Dominion. How else would his favorite bar on Calypso be filled with Coalition soldiers who all stopped when they saw him, training their rifles in his direction? ”Alister Blood. Put your hands where we can see them, and surrender, or you will be apprehended by force.” Alister slowly raised his hands above his head, watching the soldiers. ”Is that so? Does Halloran really want me alive that bad?” The soldiers began to close in on him, yet he seemed so calm. ”No. His orders were to take you alive if we could...but if you struggle too much, you die.” Alister chuckled, shifting his weight. ”Good thing I’m not known for struggling that much.” Quickly, his arms dropped, and he slid the sleeves of his coat up, revealing the gauntlets of his armor, and the next moment the soldiers were drenched in oil. Pulling up his other sleeve, a gout of flame jetted forth from his other wrist, consuming the men, their anguished cries music to Alister’s ears. The men collapsed, dying horribly. Quickly, Alister backed up to the storeroom, and turned to face the rest of the party. ”Grab Rhia and Christian. We have to go. I know somewhere safe we can stay. The Dominion is here...seems Ben has helped them track us.”

It was about an hour later that the group were assembled in a small, squalid apartment, the room bolted thrice, a pair of beds sitting in the room, and a large table that Alister did his best to set up as an improvised operating table. He stood above Christian, who he ordered to be placed on one of the beds because of his injuries, tapping his foot with a lack of patience. ”So, we’re safe for now. Dommies are crawling all over the place...Halloran’s ******** goons, no doubt about it. This is Kessel all over again. So, now you can tell me why the hell this whole group of these bastards wants Daniella so bad. What is it that she’s done? Kill someone too ******** important? Have sex with the wrong woman’s husband? I’m done risking my life for you and your ******** money without knowing what in the ******** is actually going on.”

Quinsareth's Husband

Rampaging Sex Symbol

14,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
        User Image

Christian Adam Bernetxxxxxxthe heir to GenEx

xxxxxxxweep » for yourself, my man,
                                                xxxxxxxxx You'll never be what is in your heart
                                                xx
                                                x x WEEP LITTLE LION MAN
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxYou're not as brave as you were at the start
                                                xx↷ *)Rate yourself and rake yourself
                                                xxxx ● ● Tak e all the courage you have left

xxxxxxxxxxxxxWasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

some apartmentxx nova, gunnar, rhia, alisterxx recovering

Christian glanced over at Gunnar and shook his head. He still wanted to go after Ben, track that b*****d down. He was in no condition to that, besides he needed someone who could fight. Guard his skin and take the shot when it was needed. Christian cringed as Gunnar pulled the bullet from his shoulder. Letting out a few hard breaths to help with the pain. "Nothing to aid with the pain?" he asked harshly. This was something he wasn't quite used to dealing with. None the less, he was trying to keep himself awake at this point. Alister soon entered, so the man comes after it was all done. If he had gotten here just a few moments earlier, things could of ended up differently. Gunnar explained what happened. Though Alister, seemed a bit distraught at seeing the condition Rhia was in. He didn't think the man had it in him to actually care about someone that much. None the less, Vegas was the one who brought him back to reality.

Then he came at Christian. Demanding information, Christian would of shared if they weren't interrupted. He had a feeling that sooner or later Alister would demand and answer like this. He just didn't want to leave Dani to rot with Ben and whoever he worked for. Christian knew one thing though, he was no Dominion goon. If he was, he wouldn't of placed Christian in danger. The man obviously worked for someone else, someone who didn't care as much about Christian's well being. The question was, who. He would have to see if Ms. Holbrook could dig up any information on the guy. Could be useful to them. None the less, Christian focused on keeping himself awake after his wounds were tended to. Alister returned from taking care of whoever entered the Bloodhound. Then came the joy of moving to somewhere safe. It was painful, but with the thanks of Vegas, he was able to get to the apartment.

He glanced over at Alister and sat up on the bed. "I wouldn't expect any less. So I'll give you the short answer. Details can be shared once we are away from this place," Christian sighed, it was a matter of where to start. "GenEx, is known for its advanced in the medical field. This leaves room for a lot of side projects for my father to fund, one of these is called the Human Genome Division. An experimental program to make....superhumans in short. Daniella was part of that program, one of the most successful experiments. I came across the program for the first time several months ago. To be honest that my father would fund such a thing disgusts me. It takes children and they experiment for years and years to get results. Few make it through, so it was simple. Daniella escaped and I offered my help. The use of aliases I transferred her money, got her a ticket to the Kessel station. But, she was took much of an asset to just lose. They were tracking her and getting close, my help this time around would be much more personal. Which is when she went to you, she was being tracked and needed a ticket off the station. She had money, but I could offer more. After that, its just been a series of events that just us stuck here," Christian shrugged and raised a hand to rub his shoulder. It was sore, but he was given something to help with the pain.

"I should tell you one thing. Ben is not Dominion. If he was, he would of sought to take me as well. Knowing the pay would be well, and he would be ordered directly my father to get me and Dani. She might be important, but I'm the only one who can take over GenEx when the time comes. My father is worry about who will bring more money in the end. I don't know who Ben works for, but no doubt everything else was just perfect timing for him," Christian glanced over at Rhia. He didn't want anyone to get hurt by this entire thing. He knew it would of been hard to dodge, but he didn't think Ben would strike so quickly and have someone helping him. "Its your choice whether you help get Dani back. Either way, the Dominion seeks you. The only way you will get paid in any form is if you continue to aid me. Before you even ask what Daniella can do. Its telepathy, so your thoughts were never safe from her and it was a silent way for us to communicate. But, that cat is out of the bag now. None the less. You have your answers."

Christian laid back down and closed his eyes for a moment. "No matter what. We have to get out of here, Ben will find a way off. If Dani can, she'll reach one of my aliases and give me whatever news she can. Hopefully, we'll get lucky for once."

{[ lots of talking. little action. but its a post. ]}

Dapper Explorer

User Image
William Howard Braxton

Will focused on the roads as he blew past cars and pedestrians. His driving might seem reckless to the majority of the populace, but it was actually calculated and in line with the training he had received from Terran Intelligence. He looked in the mirror quickly as Daniella mentioned Alexei’s drug addiction. Will had only guessed she might have been, but he did not know for sure until now. Alexei clearly did not take well to Daniella’s jab at her. Will was concerned his help would get more violent with the telepath, but she stayed her hand. The girl was in pretty rough shape, something he was disappointed it had come to. She had a strong spirit, which Will liked to see. It was good that GenEx had not broken her will to live while they had her.

"You got me. Where are we headed now?" Will took another look back in the mirror before responding. ”First, we’re getting off this rock before anyone else tries anything. Afterwards, you’ll know when you need to,” he responded. Of course, the girl could peek into his thoughts and know that he had only a few ideas about where they would be heading after this, none of them a sure destination. He had been given orders to acquire her, and that was where his instructions ended. He had no idea what they would have him do with her once they escaped Calypso. Whatever it was, he doubted his superiors would waste time putting her to good use.

The red line appeared on the top of his HUD once more. ”Ship’s ready to go when you ‘rrive, Cap’n. I took care of the locks on the doors so we can set sail,” Corsair said over the comm channel. Will was about to compliment the AI when the station shook and a horrible noise rang throughout the interior. The car swerved for a few moments as the shaking affected it’s path. ”What the hell was that!” Will yelled over the comm channel. There was a moment of silence before the response came. The Regal has crashed into the station and disabled the shields. Boarding parties inbound. Recommend you get here ASAP,” Corsair reported, his typical gruff accent replaced by a very neutral and firm voice. It was his “serious” voice and was only reserved for when clarity was key. ”Copy. Be there soon,” Will responded as the channel closed. Soldiers began to appear on the streets, and Alexei and Quincy began shooting at any soldiers who tried to stop them. ”Get your head down and hold on!” Will yelled at Daniella as he dodged soldiers and civilians as pandemonium began to break out.

The Cornucopia was racing through the Asteroid Belt, dodging the large chunks of rock with grace. It was incredibly dangerous, but there were few other options with Halloran’s fleet bearing down on Calypso. Corsair was handling the piloting for this, his control over the ship far greater than Will or Quincy’s. The freighter was not being followed, so there gamble was paying off for now. As this was going on, Will and Quincy had Daniella lie out on a bed in the guest quarters. Will had removed his helmet and hung it on his belt, keeping an eye on his new guests. Quincy was crouched next to Daniella, working carefully on her stomach wound. The ship had some of the best medical provisions Will could get his hands on, most of it was high end supplies. As Quincy finished and wrapped Daniella’s stomach with bandages, Will walked towards the exit and motioned for Alexei to follow him. ”Quincy will keep you company. Don’t try anything funny. He can take you apart as quick as he can fix you up,” Will said as he walked out and made his way to the cargo hold.

After Will and Alexei left, Quincy moved on to treating Daniella’s other wounds. His face devoid of human features, and most people found it odd to converse with the droid without practice. It was unusual for humans to talk to someone or something without anything that resembled eyes. Most people just settled for the markings in the middle of the “face.” Quincy gingerly began to treat some of Daniella’s bruises before saying in his British accent, ”I must apologize for my Captain’s behavior. His line of work teaches him to fake good social graces, not use them all of the time.” The droid paused for another moment and examined her wounds. ”Allow me to formally introduce myself,” the droid said as he began working again, ”I am Quincy. I am built and designed to be able to adapt and overcome any obstacle, be it an assailant with a shotgun or preparing a five course meal for social elite.”

Once Will and Alexei had reached the hold, he leaned against a crate and looked at her. ”You can get your fix if you need. Whatever helps you think straight,” he said with a blank expression. He did not care Alexei used drugs, as it was just another avenue for him to possibly exploit if he needed. He had no intention of getting hooked. Will had been witness to too many examples of why not to get addicted. People had lined up at some of the dealers he had smuggled narcotics for. The various states of decay had been on display for him at these places. None of them, no matter what they were addicted to, ever showed a gentle deterioration. It was rough to see, but it was part of life. Maybe it would change in the future, but for now it was the reality. Now, he had an addict in his cargo hold with him, and he planned on getting as much information out of her as possible. ”Tell me who you’re working for and what you were doing on Kessel Station before the Coalition showed up,” he demanded, wasting no time getting straight to questioning her. She had promised him answers, and he was intent on her fulfilling that promise.

Current Name: IridiumUser Image
Current Objective: Acquire the Telepath, Escape Calypso, Await Further Instruction

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

outfit // Calypso
stamina // 75% - lusty, interested
addiction status // satisfied

Thanks to the AI on Ben's ship, named the Cornucopia, they had managed to escape the onslaught of Dominion soldiers showering down onto Calypso. The events from almost two days ago played over in Alexei's head as she thought about everything she had went through up until now. She knew that the Unnamed and the Lethe outpost on Calypso would give the Dominion hell, especially as a personal favor for killing Maiachev. She knew that Alister Blood had somehow gotten himself out of the mess, and that he had probably found the mess she had left behind. By nearly killing Rhia, she was on his hit list. By assisting Ben in taking Daniella, she was on his hit list. She knew it would happen--but she gave him Czeslaw Romano anyway, because she paid her debts, no matter who to.

Ben had left Daniella in a guest room--apparently trusting Quincy enough to keep an eye on her while they took care of business elsewhere. The size of the ship, coupled with its impressive supplies and flying ability led Alexei to believe that she really wasn't dealing with an ordinary freelancer. They ended up in the cargo hold, and Ben looked at her with a cold expression. "You can get your fix if you need. Whatever helps you think straight." No judgment at all. Her expression darkened a little--had she really become so obvious at this point? Without saying anything, she pulled a small auto-syringe out of her pocket and pressed it against her inner elbow. She pressed a button, and heroin flooded through her veins. A rush of euphoria flooded her mind, and she sighed softly, her head rolling back, eyes closed.

After a few minutes in the pleasurable darkness of her mind, she opened her eyes again. Alexei ejected the syringe, letting the next full vial come up when she needed it again. She pocketed it, her skin tingling. ”Tell me who you’re working for and what you were doing on Kessel Station before the Coalition showed up,” Ben demanded. She let out another sigh, and smiled a little, the drug taking hold. "I work for Lethe." She did not explain who Lethe was--anyone worth their salt in the galaxy knew. And it was always considered a weakness to have to describe your organization to another. The reputation should always precede the name. "I was on Kessel Station as a bodyguard for one of our leaders, when we were attacked. I assure you, we were just as much victims as you were," she explained. "This briefcase is all that's left from the transaction--a new drug we were planning to sell on intergalactic markets. I'm supposed to sell the rest." She left out the part about delivering the case to Zeus. In fact, she had to figure out how to get to him now.

"Know that I am considered a protected member by Lethe, so if you try to ransom or kill me, Lethe will know and they will do everything in their power to destroy you," she added. While the organization trusted her to take care of herself during bodyguard duty, they had given her the status because of her eyes. She was a precious experiment to them, more than a valued member, so if she happened to be kidnapped while walking down the street on the way from the store (if the attacker had managed to subdue her in the first place), they would bear down on whoever took her with the might of a fleet. However, because of the precarious position she found herself in now, she wondered how much protection she really had.

"I, for one, would also like to know where we are going. If you want to keep my services, you must pay accordingly. Virgil was a good investment, but he is dead. Now, I need to go someplace to sell Lethe's product. If you want to drop me off at the nearest station, do so. But, if you want to keep me around afterwards, I need compensation." She paused, glancing over towards where Daniella was being kept. Looking through the wall, she saw nothing suspicious. It wasn't her business to ask why he wanted the girl so badly, and she knew that sometimes, ignorance was bliss. "If Alister Blood is still alive on Calypso, he and the others will come find us. The rich kid, Nova Vegas, hell, even that surgeon I bet, will come for us. And the Dominion isn't far behind." She paced back and forth, energized from the heroin. "How long do we have to relax? Do you have business to attend to? Because if you want to relax, we should do it together," Alexei said with a slight purr in her voice. Then, without waiting for any confirmation, she took off her sweater, leaving her in only her bra, shorts, and tights. Not necessarily because she was trying to entice him--mainly because she was hot, sticky, and bloody, and everyone by now knew she had no qualms about taking her clothes off around anyone."Hell knows I need to de-stress after that."

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image
User Image

Gunnar nodded his thanks to Nova and took the tiny power cell. He unlocked Sara's chassis and lifted off the top of her case. The smell of ozone and melted plastic came from his assistant's insides. After removing the bent and oxidized cell, he inserted Nova's and pressed the reset button. Lights began flashing and he locked the case back in place. "Give her a minute or two to reboot and I will start checking for internal bleeding."

"Nothing to help with the pain?"

Gunnar gave his conscious patient a critical eye. Would this kid be able to handle the stims? It'll help with the pain but he doesn't look modded. The decision was made for him when he heard gun shots, fire, and screaming. The doctor refilled his hypospray and pressed it against Christian's neck. "This is a mixture of epinephrine and amphetamines designed to keep modded soldiers on their feet." He pressed the button before Christian had a chance to change his mind. "Be careful; just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean you aren't hurt."

"Online."

Gunnar ran to his assistant and placed it over Rhia's unconscious body. "Sara, run tomography."

"Running tomography." Gunnar went back to Christian's leg and, knowing that they needed to get out of the bar, he made quick work f pulling out the bullet and stitching it up. The sutures weren't pretty, but with some Veti-Gel, it would get the job done.

Alister came back into the store room. "Grab Rhia and Christian. We have to go. I know somewhere safe we can stay. The Dominion is here..." The Dominion. s**t. Well trained, better equipped, and absolutely without morals. This is bad.

Gunnar ran out of the storeroom. He grabbed his duffel from behind the bar and loaded a few expensive looking bottles in with his clothing. We aren't going to have a chance to come back. He headed into Virgil's office and gave the room a quick once over. A dead body, an empty safe and a man bound gagged.

Gunnar had no idea who this man was. Leaving him here was a death sentence, but letting him go could get him or his new companions killed. "I'm going to do you a favor." The surgeon moved behind the helpless man wrapped his right arm around the man's throat. Squeezing, blood could no longer reach the man's brain. He struggled, but bound there was no way he could over powered the surgeon's gene modded physique. In a matter of seconds, the man went limp. Gunnar let the unconscious man slide to the floor and cut the man's bonds. With any luck, they would be long gone by the time he was ready to wake up.

Gunnar searched his former employer, pulling away a small data pad, some credit chits, and a machine pistol. He threw the duffel, now full of ill gotten gains, onto his back and went back into the store room. "Ready." He knelt down to grab Rhia, and they made their way through the streets of Calypso.

Upon arriving at Blood's safe house, Gunnar immediately got to work on Rhia. Sara's tomography showed that she was in bad shape and definitely would have died without real medical attention. Nearby the others were talking. He listened, hoping to get some idea of what the Hell he had found himself in. Rhia. Ben. Daniella. The Heir of Gen Ex. Gunnar filed away the names in his memory.

"An experimental program to make....superhumans in short. Daniella was part of that program, one of the most successful experiments." An experiment? Does that mean that Blondie, errr Dani, had really been in his mind and not just on it? The only thing that was certainly is that this had been a really messed up day.

User Image

Malachite #0BDA51 ==

Deep Turquoise #00C5CD ==

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXX Dani had squeezed her eyes shut as Calypso shook from impact. After the tremors had stopped she opened her eyes and peeked out of the car window. Alexei had taken to shooting out the window, and Ben had begun to speed off. She couldn't help but accept that being in Ben and Alexei's custody was probably the best thing for her right now...Unless Christian or Blood suddenly appeared and stole her back. But for now she would take whatever protection she could get...

They boarded The Cornucopia, though Dani was slowly fading and the scenery was becoming fuzzy. She staggered along, and soon was presented with a bed. It had never felt so good to lie down...Daniella took a deep breath and shut her eyes, listening to the sounds around her. She didn't flinch as Quincy began working on her stomach. Really, Daniella was just relieved to have it finally being taken care of. The blonde groaned softly as Quincy bandaged her up. She could hear Will walking away, and Alexei's footsteps were quick to follow. She didn't reply to the male verbally, and merely nodded her head the best she could while laying down. The door shut behind them, and Dani hated that. She hated being locked up...but right now she was too weak to do anything about it. Fighting back wasn't an option anymore. She had nowhere to go...Daniella would have to play her cards right. But thankfully she'd had a good amount of practice while at GenEx. She squinted in pain and let out a sigh as her mind wandered. How had Blood reacted? Daniella figured he would be pissed about Rhia. It had been easy to pick up on their fondness for one another...and hopefully Gunnar had managed to patch up Christian and Rhia. Nova wasn't in too back of shape when Dani had been taken, but she hoped she was alright as well...But more than anything, and perhaps it was rather selfish of her, Daniella hoped that Alister Blood wouldn't back out of his contract. She'd picked him herself specifically because of his good track record with keeping his word, even if it was at a price. Daniella knew that her being kidnapped while under his "care" wouldn't be good for his reputation...He'd probably demanded answers from Christian, not that Dani would blame him. She wondered how Alister would react to the knowledge of someone having listened in on his thoughts. Not well, probably...

As Quincy began speaking Daniella opened her grey eyes and focused on his "face". He had an accent which Dani found somewhat amusing, but she couldn't manage to smile about it. She was more focused on how quiet it was. It was odd being in the presence of something so sentient, yet not actually alive. Quincy had no human brain, and no brain waves. Daniella could not "read" his mind, which was something both odd and comforting. It meant she didn't have to try not to hear him...Dani took a breath and stared at Quincy some more before moving her gaze to the ceiling above her. The room she'd been put in was nicer than she had expected. Truthfully, she had been scared Will would throw her in a tiny cell with no lights or something of the sort. But when she thought about it more, this made more sense. Dani needed to be kept alive and healthy...and even if she was a prisoner, Will had made it apparent that he wanted her to cooperate with him. She still wasn't too keen on the idea, but she was ready to play whatever game she needed to get out of here. And in the mean time...What was it Quincy had said about a five course meal?

"It's nice to meet you Quincy..." Daniella said calmly, looking back to him. "I'm Dani." The female paused and glanced to the door. She felt a wave of panic coming on and shut her eyes tightly. Daniella counted to five, taking slow breaths. It would be alright...Hopefully. "Quincy...Do you happen to know if there would be some clothes I could have? I don't want to stay in these blood-soaked clothes longer than I have to. I'd need new underwear of course. As for a top...Perhaps something loose-fitting that won't press against my stomach? A dress, or a large shirt? I'm not too picky..." She trailed off, looking to Quincy as she waited for an answer. Surely asking for new clothes wouldn't be too out of line. It was unsanitary for her to stay in her current attire. It was easy to talk to him though...somehow it was less stressful than talking to an actual person.

xxxxLocation :: Cornucopia Guest Room
xxxxCompany :: Quincy
xxxxHealth :: 55% - 4 inch gash on lower right abdomen, bloodloss, exhaustion, small cut on left cheek, fractured cheekbone.
xxxxTunes ::For Everything A Reason - Carina Round

Dapper Explorer

User Image
William Howard Braxton

Lethe. A word Will had not expected. An Olympian, sure, but Lethe? This was a rare opportunity for him. Lethe was competition in his smuggling business, but he had kept his encounters with them to a minimum. Since he was operating mostly on his own, he kept out of the way of larger groups. The last thing he needed was a crime syndicate group painting a target on his back for cutting into their business. Up until now, he had stayed off their radar, but he was now looking at one of their protected members. Surely, this would draw him some attention. At the mention of him ransoming her off to them, he decided to ease her mind a bit. ”I don’t plan on holding you hostage or anything. I know better than to mess with Lethe like that,” he said. The briefcase piqued Will’s interest. It was not every day a new drug landed so squarely in front of him, and he had suspicions the case had a tracking device on it. A group like Lethe liked to keep tabs on its goods, and if it was new product, he doubted they would let it slip away easily.

When Alexei asked where they were going, he responded only with, ”We’ll go where we need to.” It was an obvious cover for the fact he did not know where they needed to go yet, but he did not care if she knew. She was stuck with him until he stopped somewhere. With any luck, she would not become a problem between here and wherever that happened to be. She then mentioned how Blood and the others, along with the Dominion, would be sure to start hunting them when they made it off Calypso. ”I wouldn’t worry about them right now. Even if they did find where we were going and caught us, we could handle ourselves,” he said without any sign of concern. He was not worried about Blood for now. He’d have his hands full with the Dominion and making sure Rhia did not die. Christian had bullets in him, and his money could only do so much. Vegas was dangerous, but she would probably not hunt them down without Blood. The surgeon was an unknown, but he hardly seemed like the type to go solo and track them.

"How long do we have to relax? Do you have business to attend to? Because if you want to relax, we should do it together.” Will watched as she removed her sweater, leaving herself with considerably less concealed. Will’s expression remained unchanged. He had seen her in less and was no more interested in her now that she was dirty. ”We have a while to relax, and I plan on spending it getting some answers first. After that, I’m going to make a call,” he responded coldly. He paused for a moment before making his next move. ”So, how about you let me look over that brief case while you tell me about those eyes of your’s,” he ordered, extending a hand as he waited for her to hand him the briefcase.

Quincy continued to his work on Daniella’s injuries as she introduced herself. He was applying a gel to the bruises that would help reduce pain and discoloration, as well as heal any sub dermal injuries. It smelled weird and stung a bit, but the sting faded quickly enough. When she asked if he had any clothes she could change into, he did not pause from his work. ”This ship has plenty of clothing options for both genders, and I am sure I could find you something,” he said as he gently slathered some gel on her cheek. Satisfied he had treated all of her injuries. He packed up the medical supplies and stood up, moving to a large locker at the end of the room. Opening it up, there was a wide array of clothing in all colors. Flipping through some of the clothes, he grabbed a large, plain grey t-shirt for the girl. He then opened a drawer and pulled out a fresh pair of underwear for her. It was nothing fancy, but it was suitable for her. He folded the clothing with expert skill and closed the locker. Returning to the girl’s bed, he gently handed the clean clothes to her.

”I do believe these will work. I can certainly help you find others if you’d prefer. I can also adjust any clothing to your measurements should you decide you wish to wear anything else,” he said before walking over to one of the two refreshers at the back of the room. He tapped a few buttons on the panel and water began running. Turning back to the girl, he stepped aside so she could clearly see it was ready for her. ”I have prepared a shower for you. Your bandages will be fine, but I recommend care when washing. If you require assistance or anything else, I shall be here.”

Current Name: IridiumUser Image
Current Objective: Gather Information on Alexei, Await Further Instruction

High-functioning Prophet

User Image

"I will never stop trying to be the person I see reflecting back at me through those eyes."

User Image

As Vegas had provoked Alister, he yelled, Vegas tilted her neck, snapping it as if to come off unphased. She'd look at him dead straight into his eyes and smiled calmly. He was mad, livid even, and that, was good in her mind. It meant he was redirecting. Exactly what she wanted.

"We'll all be given the chance to rip them limb from limb, but tell you what, I'll let you get the final shot, alright?"
Her heart would grow heavy as his eyes softened, something was very wrong in this. She remained silent as she swallowed the large lump in her throat. This felt like a nightmare, one she'd already lived through once, and had no desire to relive ever again. Devero would have certainly not let this happen. Her ears dropped from their perky position to sink down near her shoulders. She was left meek. "I see..."

She could say nothing regarding Devero, she hope for the best, but a gnawing at the back of her stomach made it hard to think anything but the worst.

Vegas turned to stare into Alister's eyes as he touched her on the shoulder. She'd offer him a curt smile but no words were even muttered. Despite her respect for Captain Blood, she had not done it for him. Not for praise. Simply put her only motivation was that despite being a pirate Vegas had deeply cared about human life. She'd never taken one directly, perhaps by the cause of her actions, but never with direct intent. And this, she felt would be blood on her hands if she were to selfishly keep the power source to herself.

After some time speaking to Christian, Alister headed out for a moment before returning to inform the group that the Dominion was there. Vegas' eyes grew like saucers, pupils becoming tiny as the light from the hallway constricted them. The Dominion? Here? Was this just a bad dream? She had been ordered to assist, and thus she quickly helped Christian to his feet and they journeyed to the apartment that Alister would lead them too. In the back of her head she'd hope that this wasn't a set up she was walking into. The more shaken she'd become, the less trusting she would get. It was hard to trust in a time like this, but, she had reason to believe that Alister was not in on this, and that Christian certainly wasn't. And if nothing else, she did have him on the same side. Whatever side that was anyway.

Once to the apartment Vegas rested Christian down on the bed and Alister took no time in questioning him. While Vegas didn't agree that this was really the time, as their time was precious and better spent not concerning one's self with the why's and how's but more with the solutions to their problems. Vegas moved to the window, where she placed her rump on the sill, She'd opened the window enough to hear, see, and generally observe the happenings outside. She was playing lookout for the time being. Reaching into her large red coat pocket she pulled out a cigarette and began to smoke, being mindful of the two injured she would breath out the window to keep from interfering with their healing. With a few miscellaneous items laying about she'd start to put together a plan. But things were completely amiss here. She was down a weapon, her tractor beam was finally operational, two out of the five were injured and they had an entire fleet on their asses. To say their chances were slim was grossly understating the situation.

She would take a long drag off her cigarette thinking about all the things she'd wanted to have accomplished by this mighty hour until she was taken from her thoughts by a single name.

"Halloran."
The name was enough to sour her stomach, she leaned out the window and spit. The simple taste of the word was retched much like the man that possessed it. She'd stated his name as a way to express distaste for the foe that was before them.

As Christian began to divulge information to Alister, Vegas listened. She too was curious what her childhood friend was doing that was worth risking everything. She was surprised, but not too surprised that GenEx would dabble in such unethical experimentation. Not sure if she really wanted an answer Vegas would wait for a break in their conversation before turning to Christian.

"Is... my father... working in this division?" She would ask almost sheepishly afraid of what she might learn. She knew what she was told about her own genetic augmentations, but she knew very little more about what her father did.

At the other end of the apartment was Gunnar working on Rhia, Vegas would lend a hand wherever she was needed, but she knew she was no medic, no nurse, and knew very little about the human body more than any other person should. She would say nothing awaiting Christian's response, stuck in a moment of fear. The world around her was much, much darker than she'd last recalled. It was almost too much to take in at one time, but she took it in strive, taking another long smoke before glancing back over at Alister.

"So, were here, trapped. Any suggestions Cap'n?"

User Image
*SUPERNOVA*

Lie To Me...

"Out there, every star in the night’s sky is an oath I took for you..."
"Written in the largest letter I never sent. This oath I took for you, was written on my very soul and displayed for all to see in this very sky."

"...I love you enough to fuel the night's sky." ~
Tiberius Pierce

...Just once more

User Image User Image User Image

Mood: Shaken
Health: 65%
Song: She Wears a Smile

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

outfit // Calypso
stamina // 75% - lusty, sweaty, tired
addiction status // satisfied

Ben had not taken the bait. A shame, too, because Alexei had already made some plans for what would happen between them once they actually got into the bedroom. Looked like she would have to shelf them, for now. From the way he had tiptoed around Alister Blood's ship, trying not to get shot, she would have never guessed that he was actually the man before her now--cold, ready, and uncompromising. It was strange, too, because she had heard a softness in his voice when he asked if she was okay, the same way any chivalrous man would come to a woman needing aid, yet that he could be this person, now, she wondered how many layers one would have to strip off to see him as he truly was.

Funnily enough, Ben reminded her of Alister Blood. Perhaps the two were actually incredibly similar, which is why they would never be able to get along.

He indicated that even if he knew where they were going, he was not about to tell her. Alexei decided it would be best to not press the matter, because he was in control of the entire ship, and even if she were to send a distress signal to Lethe, they were too busy fighting for their lives on Calypso to come out right away. At least Ben wasn't going to try and hold her for ransom. There would be a lot of blood shed over that.

”So, how about you let me look over that brief case while you tell me about those eyes of yours, Ben said, holding his hand out to take the case from her. The black-haired woman's grip tightened on the handle. According to Maiachev, and the men from the Temple, this case was particularly important to Zeus. And if she had to deliver it to him personally, that meant there was no tracking device on it of any sort. Which meant that giving it to Ben would be a terrible, terrible idea. She stepped back and opened the case for him to look at. The lotos was packed neatly inside, along with the money she had taken from Virgil's safe. "There are only drugs and money in it," Alexei explained. "And this is Lethe property. No one but a member may handle it." She indicated the metal boxes the lotos were packed in. "It's key-coded to our touch. If you handle it, it will explode." A lie--apparently the case was so important, it could not be destroyed at any cost. But, she didn't want Ben to force it off of her.

Alexei then snapped the case shut, locked it, and tapped her goggles in response to his next question about her eyes. "They were given to me by Lethe. I can see through walls, see behind my head, measure heat signatures in the environment...and just in general I have sharper vision," she added. "I am told they were incredibly expensive to make." She shifted her weight. "Do you want to continue asking me pointless questions? I am not your prisoner. I may have said I would help you, but you do not need to know everything about me. I am not a complicated woman. I am a member of Lethe, I have cybernetic eyes, and I have killed a lot of people. I am sure I would bore you with all of the details of my life." The words rolled off her tongue without effort. "I am not asking you why you need Daniella, or why you wanted my help in securing her. Now, I would like to take a shower and change. If we are going to be able to relax for a while, then it should not be a problem."

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

War. That was the only appropriate word for what raged outside the walls of the shabby apartment. Just like before...people dying in the streets, buildings being blown up, fires spreading rampant. Kenneth Halloran’s newest crusade against the pirate menace was proceeding in full force. And unbeknownst to Alister and company, much more horrid things lurked upon the streets below than Dominion soldiers seeking their lives. The mad mind of Gregory McLaughlin certainly compliment the Admiral’s obsessive hunt of the pirate and his friends. Daniella was a countless distance away, held captive by what Alister could only assume was a piece of Dominion scum, despite the protest that Christian put forth against that fact. It would be easy for a Dominion agent to act, to make it look like he didn’t care about Christian’s life. Perhaps Christian put too much faith in his father, or how much he was worth. Perhaps Daniella was worth much more; or his father wasn’t pulling all the right strings, and someone else was. Too many mysteries, too much speculation, so many questions, and not enough answers. Most of the mighty Bloodhawks’ attention was on Rhia, and Gunnar, watching absent-mindedly as the surgeon worked to save her. And if he failed...Alister would add his corpse to the ones piling up in the streets. Rhia was one of his only real friends in this entire worthless galaxy...and she was worth so much more than any of them imagined, in many ways.

He was barely listening to Christian going on about GenEx, genetics, and Daniella’s true nature. At least her better understood the nature of their relationship, though he wouldn’t be putting it far past Christian to be lying about at least some part of it. In truth, that was merely some left over mistrust. In reality, Alister Blood was quite sure that Christian was one of the most honest among them. And what would he really have gained by lying anyway? Another gunshot wound? The kid had already put himself on the line multiple times, for Dani, for Rhia...it was only respectful to give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps just this once. Everything Christian said flowed through Alister’s mind without a second thought, until he reached the matter of Dani’s powers; she was telepathic. This prompted him to slowly turn and face Christian, his eyes became a bit wider, his fists clenched. ”You’re trying to tell me that the girl has been in my head? All of our heads?” He practically snarled, as he ripped his pistol from the holster, and spun around, putting a set of holes in the wall. Having someone in his head...that wasn’t something that he was alright with. The things in the mind of Alister Blood were best left there. ”If that’s even true, shouldn’t she have known something like this was going to happen? What sort of game are the two of you little kids ******** playing?” It was an irrational anger, but Alister was weary of it all. Lucky for Christian...a tired Alister was a safer Alister, that was less inclined to shoot him for no damn reason.

Alister stared long at hard at...well, something. He may have well spaced out. The wheels were turning, as he now processed Nova’s question. What were they going to do? This situation was different than Kessel. They were so close to escape that time, and outrunning the Coalition battle group was mostly due to the element of surprise. Now, somehow, they knew where to find Alister Blood, and they were here, in force. They had to get back to the Persephone, but the streets weren’t safe. The most fortunate thing about the assault on Calypso is that almost everyone on Calypso had a gun, and therefore could hold off one or two Dominion soldiers. Small bands of pirates were probably forming all over the station, retaliating against the assault. He reached into his pockets, sighing, and his hand gently wrapped around the black box Kramer and Locke had asked him to deliver. The turning wheels in his head stopped, something finally clicking. Pulling the item out, he stared at it for a moment, and opened it. Sure enough, a tracking beacon was set into the box, sending out a constant signal. The mystery revealed. With all his strength, he sent the box sailing by Nova, and out into the streets below, crashing into millions of pieces. So, Kramer and Locke were in on this...they betrayed Devaro. Of course they did….they were always the worst of the worst, and had absolutely no honor. Honor among thieves...that was a funny thought. He holstered his pistol, hardly realizing it was still clutched in his hand, and returned to Rhia’s bedside. ”Sorry to say, I don’t really have much of a plan. Obviously, we gotta get off the station. Those bastards have probably already gotten Daniella off the station. Unfortunately for us, there’s an entire legion of Dominion soldiers between us, and the docking bay. Plus, we can’t just leave...something isn’t right. There’s some foul play involved. We need to find Captain Devaro...and I need to find his lieutenants, Kramer and Locke. They’ve each earned themselves a bullet….and having Devaro’s support is going to mean a lot in the long run. Can’t just leave him flapping in the wind.”

It was definitely not in character for Alister Blood to show loyalty to another person, as far as these people knew. To have placed any value on Devaro’s life, if even only for his assistance in the coming days, was odd indeed. Maybe they were making Alister soft. Pulling up a chair, he placed it next to Rhia’s bed, and sighed, laying his weapons out on the small nightstand between the beds, and proceeded to take them apart, and began cleaning them. ”Doc, get Rhia and Christian up and running as fast as you can. It won’t do to have them limping around while we’re trying to get back to ship. I need extra hands holding extra guns. Once they can walk, we find Devaro, kill Kramer and Locke...and then we all get the ******** off this rock, and try to pick up Ben’s trail. Though, I don’t know how easy it’ll be to find him now. If he had a ship, and he got off station, he could be halfway across the system in a matter of hours. I’ve got some connections that can watch for them, since their faces are clear as day on wanted posters. And if Daniella pops on anywhere, hopefully someone can give Ben and Alexei enough trouble to make them noticeable...or maybe the kitten will find her claws, and find a way out, or at least a way to contact you, Junior.”

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXX Every now and then Dani winced from the gel that Quincy was applying, especially when it came into contact with her face. She just hoped it would work fast and she wouldn't be looking like hell for too long. Daniella may not have been too vain...but there was still a little bit of vanity in the kitten, particularly regarding her hair. The female listened to Quincy talk, relieved at the news that there were indeed clothes on the ship. It wasn't too surprising she supposed. Will's ship was very high tech from what she could tell. A lot more expensive and fancier than Blood's ship...not that it made any difference to Dani. She would much rather be on the beat up looking ship in her slightly smaller room where she could open and close her door as much as she wished. Daniella let out a small sigh in thought before her eyes trailed back to Quincy. He was packing up now, and Dani continued to watch him as he moved over to the locker in the room. She couldn't see very well from her position, but it seemed to be full of a variety of things. Slowly, Dani sat up. She swung her legs over the side of the bed and took the clothes from Quincy as he handed them to her. At least Quincy didn't seem interested in torturing her or anything---or rather, at least he hadn't been ordered to.

"Maybe later on I will look at other clothes. For now this will be fine." Dani supplied in an even tone. She watched Quincy carefully as he moved to turn on the shower, taking note of which buttons he'd pressed for future reference. The blonde nodded to Quincy as she slowly stood. She moved across the room at a slow and steady pace, and halted at the edge of the shower. Daniella stripped down and neatly folded her clothes before holding the stack of bloody cloth out to her companion. "Please dispose of these." Daniella may have been prisoner on the ship, but she had Quincy at her disposal for the time being and she planned on taking advantage of it if she could. After Quincy had taken the ruined clothes from her, Daniella turned and stepped into the shower. The water was warm, which was a plus...It felt good on her aching body. Dani stared down at her feet for a few seconds before closing her eyes. Her mind wandered again, drifting back to Christian. She hoped he was okay...and wished she could apologize to him and everyone else for the trouble she had caused. Daniella rubbed her eyes. It was hard to come to terms with the fact that she was a walking catastrophe. Even here, on this ship, someone else would come looking for her. There would be more fighting and more death...
            Dani moved on to washing the blood off of her body, careful not to upset her bandages or any other sore spots. She needed to learn to take care of herself...Dani had known that for a little while now. Hell, Rhia had offered to help her out and Dani had even acquired a gun...Not that she had that now. She didn't have anything. No ID, no credits, no weapons, no leather jacket that she'd stolen. She had been ready to start the process of strengthening herself and now...this. And she hadn't seen any of it coming---well, at least not until it was too late. She washed her hair, tracing the scar on the back of her neck gently with her fingertips a few times.

Daniella lifted a hand and gently pressed the controls with her fingers, turning the water off. She turned and grabbed a towel and proceeded to dry off. Daniella wrapped the towel around her body as she wrung out her hair, suddenly aware of how cold her room was. She pursed her lips slightly as she made her way back to the bed. Dani stared down at the neatly folded clothes given to her by Quincy. She let out a breath and rid herself of the towel. Daniella reached her hands towards the clothes. She pulled them on---at the least the shirt was large enough to double as a very short dressed. Seems like she'd be having a no-pants-party, but as long as Will didn't come to bother her she didn't really care.

Speaking of no-pants-party...

Dani lifted her light eyes and glanced to the door. She wouldn't be surprised if Alexei was trying to make a move on Mr. Kidnapper, or if she was feeding her other addictions. Daniella rolled her eyes as her hands worked to twist her damp hair into a braid. Calmly she made her way back to the bed and climbed in. After the day she'd had, laying down and going to sleep was something welcome...even if it was here. She could survive this though. Dani reassured herself silently. Survive. It was the only thing she was good at.
            She let out a sigh and shut her eyes, drifting off to sleep.

xxxxLocation :: Cornucopia Guest Room
xxxxCompany :: Quincy
xxxxHealth :: 60% - 4 inch gash on lower right abdomen, bloodloss, exhaustion, small cut on left cheek, fractured cheekbone.
xxxxTunes ::For Everything A Reason - Carina Round

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces