Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image
User Image
Gunnar moved over to the injured girl. Abdominal laceration. Four to five inches in length. No intestinal protrusion. "Go ahead and lay down, blondie," he motioned her toward the coat on the floor. "It looks like you've lost a lot of blood. Sara, sample slide."

The hovering robot issued a soft click and a pair of small glass rectangles stuck out from its side. Gunnar pulled the slides out and collected a blood sample. He sandwiched the sample between the
slides and put it back inside his robot companion. "What's her blood type?"

"A positive, Doctor."

"Well, I'm compatible. She might need couple of donors though." He turned to his patient. Poor kid. Gut wounds are not pleasant. I wish I had some morphine or other analgesic. "I don't have access to anything to help with the pain and I don't have time to find anything. I have to stop that blood loss now." The skinny girl that had laid down her coat now produced a leather belt and handed it to his patient.

"Thank you, ears. I'm going to need you to be my nurse. Take a look at whitey, make sure that he's not trying be brave about something serious. Braveheart, tell anyone that comes near the bar that we're not serving drinks. If they get antsy, shoot them in the leg and tell them that I'll get to them when I'm done. You shouldn't have to give more than one or two demonstrations before everyone else takes the hint." Gunnar produced a small pocket knife and began butterflying the bottom of Dani's shirt. He carefully pulled the edges up and away, exposing her wounded stomach. After retrieving a needle and thread from Sara, he put his fingers inside of the laceration. Not very deep. Organ damage unlikely. Vein nearly severed. The surgeon stuck the needle into the blood vessel.

"Blondie, I need you to relax. Tensing your stomach is going to make this harder, more painful, and might actually cause more damage. Would it make you feel better to know that I've done this before?" He went back to work sewing the vein shut, talking while he did so. "I was stationed aboard the Swansea. We were looking for pirates in the Belt and flew right into an ambush. The pirates ended up boarding us and we had an honest to Gods shoot out. This Samoan guy, Atuatasi, walks into the medlab. Son of a b***h had a sword in him. Yeah he was leaning on the walls, but he had a sword hilt sticking out of his stomach and he walked in. Turns out the blade was keeping him from bleeding too badly. It had nicked his liver. We got him all fixed up. The wound was about as wide as yours, but I made sure to put in some big stitches instead of any of the stem gel so he had this big nasty scar he could show off. He was in much worse shape than you and two weeks later he's showing off that scar to get free drinks." The surgeon pulled his fingers away. "See, the really bad part is done. Sara, we need to do a transfusion."

"Yes, Doctor. The robot slowly extended a series of I.V. tubes.

Gunnar tipped each one in a needle. "Ears, I've got the patient and myself. Think you can tap the other donors?" He didn't wait for a response, immediately inserting the needle into his own arm. Red fluid filled the line running up to the hovering robot. another slender tentacle filled up with the blood only a little less slowly than it had come out. The little thing is probably scared to death. "Blondie the biggest thing to worry about right now is blood loss. I patched up the leak, but you're still a quart low. We need to top you off before we start getting you in any condition to move around. If it will make you feel better I could have the nurse take off whitey's shirt." Hoping that his distraction paid off, he slid the needle into her vein. He grabbed the handles on the side of his hovering assistant and moved her to only inches away from Dani's abdomen. "Sara, soft tissue scan."

"Scanning."

The surgeon turned back to his patient and then to her friends. "Sorry that we didn't have time for introductions earlier. My name is Gunnar and this is my first day as a bartender. That brings up an important question; you couldn't have known I'd be here, so why come to a bar when two of you are wounded? Why not go to a hospital or a ship?"

User Image

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXX Still leaning against the boxes, Dani glanced to Nova as she moved to take off her coat. It wasn't hard for Dani to listen in on her...His girl? If Daniella were in better condition she may have rolled her eyes, but for now she just shut them as Nova set the coat on the ground. For a moment Dani wondered who it must have belonged to. It was obviously special to her, and it didn't fit her quite right...She moved her non-bloodied hand to the side of her head and closed her eyes. Sleep seemed like a great idea right now. Her head was swimming and the pain she was feeling was beginning to numb her...
            "Abdominal laceration. Four to five inches in length. No intestinal protrusion...." Daniella peeked her eyes open and looked to the brown haired man as he instructed her to lay down. At least her intestines hadn't been hit---silver lining, she supposed. Slowly the blonde moved, and she managed to lay down on the floor without actually falling over to get there. It wasn't the most comfortable bed, but Dani didn't care. Even on the coat on the hard ground she damn near fell sleep. Or maybe passed out from blood loss. She tried to focus on what was going on around her. Blood type? The little robot answered quickly. Her Doctor spoke again, informing her that he didn't have anything to help with the pain...Daniella wasn't surprised in the least. They were in a stock room for crying out loud, not a medical office. "It's okay," she wanted to say, "I'm use to being operated on without anesthesia or anything. At least this time I'm not strapped to a table." But Dani wasn't about to utter those words out loud. Not with Christian so close by. He already felt guilty about everything that had happened to her during her time at GenEx. Daniella didn't feel it necessary to throw more information like that at him. It was unfair...

Daniella's grey eyes fluttered open and she turned her head to look at Nova just as she handed her belt to her. "Thanks. I'd rather not bite my tongue off..." Dani responded in a dull tone before looking over to Christian. Hopefully his wound wasn't nearly as bad...Dani ran her thumb over the belt, ready to use it if she needed to. The Good Doctor gave out some orders to others in the room, which would probably be followed given the situation. Dani was just thankful that Nova had been instructed to help Christian out. She could hear the soft sound of the fabric of her shirt being cut quickly, but didn't dare look down to get another look at her wound. Instead her eyes found Nova again. Her hair was so pretty. Was it natural? Maybe Dani would ask her later on...
            Nova assured her that things would be okay, but her thoughts did not go unnoticed. Yeah, it looked bad. Daniella knew that much herself, and that it felt awful. Breaking away from her thoughts, Daniella put her attention back on the Doctor, who had given her the nickname of Blondie for the time being. And she couldn't help but decide she liked Kitten better, though they were both quite amusing...

Relax. She needed to relax...but how? She was bleeding profusely and in a lot of pain. Daniella took a sharp breath and nodded her head. Her Doctor was talkative, which was a huge help to her. It kept her distracted. She smirked at the notion that he'd done this before and bit down on the belt with a wince as he started sewing on her. The blonde listened to him talk as she gritted her teeth. It hurt, but so did a lot of other things. She could make it though this...
            It took a moment for Dani to realize that she had started crying, which was embarrassing, though not unwarranted. He finished his story and moved his hands away, and Daniella wiped her tears with the back of her clean hand before removing the belt from her mouth. "Am I going to have a huge scar to show off an get free drinks too?" She asked lightly, staring at the ceiling.

Dani looked to the Doctor as he put a needle into his own arm. She bit the inside of her cheek in fuzzy thought---he was so selfless. And she would never be able to thank him enough for what he was doing. He didn't even know her but hadn't hesitated at all in aiding her. Daniella shut her eyes again, feeling as if she was going to shut down soon...Gunnar's thoughts came in loud and clear as Dani began to drift off. Yeah, she was scared...but not as scared as she had been a few moments ago. She listened to him talk, and at the mention of Christian her brows drew together softly. "What does him being shirtless have to do with anything...?" Daniella thought, but her words would be clear in Gunnar's mind. In her drowsy state, Dani had managed to link up with him. More than likely it was because he was so close to her. Oops...Oh well. All Dani could hope for was that he wouldn't freak out,...maybe he would even think she'd said it out loud.

Her eyes remained closed, the sounds around her becoming more and more dull. She hadn't even felt the needle enter her arm...Daniella's face relaxed as she listened to the world around her. So Mister Doctor was named Gunnar. Dani took note of that and slid open her eyes to glance to him. "My name is Dani." She offered quietly, not sure that her voice had even been audible. It didn't take long for him to ask the important question. Why were they here? Dani shut her eyes again and shook her head slightly. "I didn't tell them I was injured until we got here..." She muttered, wincing as another wave of pain came along. Daniella took a few breaths before scanning the room and linking up with Christian. It was easy enough to find his mind...

"This hurts, but I think Nova is right. Everything will be alright...I'm sorry. We should have just gone back to the ship earlier. I really need to stay out of trouble huh?" She tried to joke with him, and a smile tugged at the corners of her lips. "How are you? Is your wound bad? Get him to stitch you up if you need it...I'm so tired..." On the floor, Dani let out a quiet sigh.

xxxxLocation :: Bloodhound
xxxxCompany :: Christian, Rhia, Nova, Gunnar
xxxxHealth :: 70% - 4 inch gash on lower right abdomen, bloodloss, exhaustion.
xxxxTunes ::Top Notch (Acoustic) - Manchester Orchestra

Dapper Explorer

User Image
William Howard Braxton

With Alexei off into the ventilation system and the promise of support from her allies, it was time to set things in motion. Will nodded to Quincy who promptly drew and readied his assault rifle. The two then proceeded out of the alley, Will drawing his carbine. A few people were wandering the street, but quickly turned the other way when they saw the two. Anyone could recognize trouble, and when a couple of faceless figures with guns were walking around in the open, trouble was sure to happen at any moment. It was bold walking around so openly, but it sent a clear message they were not afraid. It was business time, and Will wanted to make it abundantly clear to everyone this was happening whether they liked it or not.

As the Will and Quincy entered the Bloodhound, the conversation died down to a mumble as all eyes that could turned towards the armed man and droid who had just walked in. Will could hear a few people mumbling, speculating who they were. One thought they were there to collect a debt from Virgil, another threw out the possibility they were enforcers making a show to try and intimidate everyone. As Will glanced from person to person, assessing whether they would make a move, a notification appeared on his HUD. A channel opened a second later, and a small red line appeared on the top of the inside of his helmet. ”I know your busy Cap’n, but I’ve been keepin me eye on the activity ‘board the station. Reports about an explosion are comin in, and all but one of the dockin bays are sealed for ‘maintanence.’ I suggest you get your loot n’ get back quick. Should set sail sooner than later,” Corsair said, the red line spiking as the audio played through the internal speakers.

”Copy. We shouldn’t be too long. Try and override the lockdown on the doors. I want to get out of here as soon as we’re aboard,” Will responded, only Corsair and Quincy able to hear him over the channel. The nice thing about sealed suits meant you could have a shouting match if you wanted, and no one would be the wiser if they were not on a channel or the person was letting audio out of their suit. Corsair gave a quick, ”Aye aye, Cap’n,” before closing the channel. Could they have been followed to the station, or were there already bounty hunters lying in wait to claim the price on their heads? Will set the speculation aside for now; instead, he focused on the task at hand. He and Quincy were now standing outside the door where the group was located. The two took positions on either side of the door. Will held up three fingers and silently counted down. As he hit zero, Quincy brought a mechanical leg up and kicked the door open with incredible force.

As the door parted, Quincy was the first in, rifle raised and moving from person to person. Will was right behind the droid, doing the same as he identified everyone in the room. Will and Quincy stopped with enough space between them and the others to leave some time to react should anyone try and assault them. Everyone was frozen for a moment. ”Give me Daniella, and no one gets hurt,” Will said for everyone to hear. His voice was calm and cold, his mind focused on the situation. This was not Ben Hughes in some fancy armor with guns in front of them, but the Intelligence operative who was tasked with taking Daniella into custody, the real man who had been traveling with them from Kessel.

”Like hell you are!” Rhia cried and lunged at Will. In a flash, Will brought the stock of his carbine up, slamming it straight into Rhia’s sternum. There was a crack, and the woman tumbled back and slammed into the wall. He immediately returned to his prior stance, the carbine pointed at the group. ”Consider that a warning,” Will said as he looked from person to person and waited for them to hand over the girl. ”Arachne, please help secure the target,” he said after a brief moment. Daniella was now aware of what was happening, and she might have detected Alexei in the vents. If not, she might have read his mind about where she was. He needed to get his support in soon so he could use her before they could prepare.

Current Name: IridiumUser Image
Current Objective: Acquire the Telepath

High-functioning Prophet

User Image

"I will never stop trying to be the person I see reflecting back at me through those eyes."

♚▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄♚
User Image

Taken aback by the surgeon's chosen name for her Vegas glared for a short moment before stepping into action and responding to the surgeon's demands. Vegas would check on Christian before quickly being pulled away to 'Tap' the other donors. She would sigh inwardly to herself, just like on her own ship, this typically meant she was going to be the lab rat as she was a universal donor with her O- blood type. The pink haired woman would look to the others as she shrugged and looked back at the robot wielding medic.

"Anyone else A or O?"
She'd pause for a quick moment before grabbing a tourniquet and squeezing her fist a few times. How hard could phlebotomy be? It wasn't like they spent years in school just to learn how to draw blood or anything. Reaching over to the bot to pull out an IV needle and stick it into the first vein she could find. The damn thing hurt like Hell and did nothing for a good while, finally she'd back it up and the bot appeared to automatically start withdrawing from her blood source. Vegas would feel her legs start to get a little weak and thus she would sit down on the floor beside Daniella. Thankfully Vegas had eaten earlier, or else she'd have likely passed out. Once she began to feel light headed Vegas looked at the young blonde on the floor, smiling at her.

"Sorry sugar, but I think I'm going need to go find some more donors for you."
Vegas would state, looking over to Christian she'd smile warm and gently. "And I'm sorry, I can get to fixing you up as soon as I'm finished here. You holding in there alright?"

Vegas wouldn't even get the chance to hear a response when a suited assailant burst through the door. Neon green eyes would glare at the action, watching as a droid poked its self in with a gun before the fully suited man accompanying it. Who the ******** were these two? The man would speak, and she'd recall this voice behind the helmet but not the image. Vegas would jerk away to turn and look at the attackers. Pulling a bit too far her arm would rip out the iv and a spatter would land against the wall across from it. The young woman would wince as this happened, but she was startled and reacting poorly. She wondered why she'd react poorly, until she realized that drink had hit her a little harder than she'd expected. Vegas would grimace from the pain until she watched Rhia lung at the armored man and get smacked square in the chest.

Vegas would calculate her next move in a fraction of a second as she watched Rhia land backwards from the brutal counterstrike. This was enough time for her to shoot out her tractor beam and attempt to stop the two with a magnetic force field. Slowly, Vegas would stand up, a bit dizzy from the blood loss, as she readied her laser chainsaw. The blade would growl as it dripped blue light like a wet saw drips water. The young woman would snarl as she looked at the man. She would begin to speak, but not to the man, but to Christian.

"It becomes clear to me now that whatever reason you're trying to hide is far more than some sort of friendly fraud or a tax evasion... I've no reason to pry into your business, but whatever it is you're running for, best be something worth dying for, because that's the wager that's on the table here..."
She would glance back at the new man her eyes appearing to be almost glazed with an iciness about them. "And you p***k, picked the wrong b***h to piss off today..."

User Image
*SUPERNOVA*

Lie To Me...

"Out there, every star in the night’s sky is an oath I took for you..."
"Written in the largest letter I never sent. This oath I took for you, was written on my very soul and displayed for all to see in this very sky."

"...I love you enough to fuel the night's sky." ~
Tiberius Pierce

...Just once more

User Image User Image User Image

Mood: Livid
Health: 75% Drunk
Song: Dawn of Battle

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

"I need a FIX 'cuz I'm going down."

outfit // Calypso
stamina // 73% - adrenaline rush
addiction status // satisfied

Without an ounce of hesitation, Ben stepped into the Bloodhound, fully armed and heavily armored, looking like he meant business. Alexei watched him as he made his way towards the room she had pointed him to. He and his droid assistant stood outside the room for a moment before kicking the door down. At this point, Alexei lowered the vision on her eyes so that she could only see through the vent. Ben was clear-cut in his demands, and he even shoved Rhia back in a show of force. Unfortunately, his arrival had only angered Nova, who looked prepared to fight...

Alexei didn't have time to ponder her situation, however, because the code-name rang through the room as clear as a bell in her ears. Upon hearing Arachne, she kicked the grate down--she had removed the screws earlier during Daniella's yells of pain to mask the noise--and sailed to the ground quickly and quietly. As soon as her toe touched the floor, she lurched forward and right towards Dani, her SPK pistol out and loaded.

Somehow, however, Dani seemed to calculate her movement, because the girl threw herself out of the way just in time. Literally, the timing was so perfect that Alexei half-wondered if Ben had somehow warned her about Alexei's imminent attack, or if they had known she was in the vent the entire time. There was no time to think about that, though. She allowed herself to go past Dani's location and hit the wall with her hand, and she pushed back and back-flipped to a standing position, her arm crossbow pointed at Dani on the floor, and her gun pointed at Nova.

”You've got to be ******** me,” Rhia swore, holding her chest and gritting her teeth at the newcomer. ”Alister's new ********? What, are you already tired of him? Don't worry, he won't take any offense to it.”

Alexei said nothing, which seemed to irritate the woman further. "I'm really not in the mood for this bullshit today!” she yelled, lunging at Alexei with a kick aimed to the face. The black-haired woman responded by pushing a button on her goggles. When the kick connected, she stumbled backwards, but a body shield sprang up around her. Rhia looked surprised--it made sense, as Alexei was wearing normal clothing and most shields were connected to armor--but shifted her kick down to connect with Alexei's throat. Alexei jerked her head to the side and threw out her hand, grabbing Rhia's foot and throwing her back, then lunging forward with her arm-crossbow locked and loaded. The connecting punch sent a metal bolt through Rhia's shoulder.

"Goddammit!” the woman screamed, taking a risk and grabbing Alexei's crossbow-arm and pulling her to the floor. Alexei gasped a little from air loss as she hit the ground, however, she quickly rolled out of the way of another kick, and back-rolled into a standing position. Rhia retreated, this time, forcing Alexei to move forward--when she did, Rhia pulled out her gun and shot several times in Alexei's direction. A few bullets connected, and she hissed as they burned into her flesh. However, they were not direct hits, and so they dropped, squashed and sizzling, to the ground. "How the ******** did you get a gen-mod like that?" Rhia wondered out loud, half-impressed and half-even more pissed off.

Alexei leaped up a standing shelf and shot another bolt at Rhia. She dodged it and shot at Alexei some more--Alexei jumped off from the shelf, and Rhia took that second of her in the air to throw a small knife, which lodged itself directly into Alexei's hand as she shot out to defend herself, the shield on her arm failing. Rhia smirked as the girl fell to the floor with none of her usual grace, blood dripping from her hand. Alexei stood back up in a flash, and ducked an oncoming punch to the face--she held her breath, pulled the knife out, and grabbed a fistful of Rhia's hair.

"What the ********] she screamed as Alexei threw her to the ground by her hair and brought the knife down into the same shoulderblade where she had hit her with the bolt earlier. Rhia yelled as the knife tore open a larger wound, and just to make it worse, Alexei then kicked her right in that shoulder. The woman rolled over in pain, and before she could stand up, the younger girl had grabbed the back of her hair again, only to slam her face into the cold, hard ground underneath them. Dizzied, Rhia attempted to punch Alexei, but only succeeded in bringing out her other arm for Alexei to take, force to the ground, and crush with her boot, breaking it.

Rhia lay on the floor, bloodied and half-conscious. Alexei stood up, silently looking back over at Ben, Christian, Nova, and Gunnar. They were having their own drama, and while that was going on, Alexei silently walked over to Dani on the floor and pulled her up by her hair and dragged her off from the floor. She pulled out her gun, pointed it at Rhia, and shot her in the leg. Then, she put it to Daniella's temple. "Everyone, stop moving."

Daniella made a small noise and struggled to get away. She tried to kick Alexei in the shin, to which Alexei responded by twisting Daniella to face her, and then pistol-whipping her straight across the face, before once again sinking her hand into her hair, twisting her hands behind her back, and resting the gun against her head.

I, too, saw God through mud —
    The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
    War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
    And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
    Merry it was to laugh there —
    Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
    For power was on us as we slashed bones bare
    Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder.

- "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo", Wilfred Owen

Quinsareth's Husband

Rampaging Sex Symbol

14,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
        User Image

Christian Adam Bernetxxxxxxthe heir to GenEx

xxxxxxxweep » for yourself, my man,
                                                xxxxxxxxx You'll never be what is in your heart
                                                xx
                                                x x WEEP LITTLE LION MAN
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxYou're not as brave as you were at the start
                                                xx↷ *)Rate yourself and rake yourself
                                                xxxx ● ● Tak e all the courage you have left

xxxxxxxxxxxxxWasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

the bloodhound calypsoxx dani, rhia, nova, alexei, ben, surgeonxx pissed

Christian looked over at Dani as she spoke to him, well thought to him. He was the only one who knew about her abilities. Everyone else would probably get concerned to hear her voice in their ends. He offered her a smile. I know, its fine. We made it out alive that is all that matters. Don't worry about me, its a small wound. Nothing to worry about, he reassured her in their silent conversation. Luck it seemed was a bit on their side, they had a surgeon around. The man, Gunnar, was already proving himself useful. Christian would have to make sure to pay him back for his troubles. He couldn't really know why going to a hospital would be a good idea, so they couldn't share that much information. It was just thought that Alister would be in the bar. Though he seemed to be gone, Christian worried very little over it. Other things were on his mind.

He turned to look at at Vegas. Shaking his head, he wasn't the same bloodtype. He couldn't a donor. As Vegas began to take her own blood, Christian shook his head. "I'll be fine in no-" he wouldn't be able to finish as the door burst open. A suited man entered the room and the moment he spoke. Christian would know the voice. He glared at Ben, that god damned son of a b***h. Trying to snag her now of all times. The nerve, Christian wouldn't have any of it. He dealt with enough already, he wouldn't let some two-bit mercenary snag Dani.

It seemed Ben was at least smart enough to not work alone. Seemed he was able to buy out Alexei which made it clear she could easily be bought over. Whether it was money or some other means, could come in handy later on. Though, now was not the time to think of such things. He glanced over at Vegas. "I would die for it," he replied simply. Rhia was down as Vegas seemed to keep Ben busy. Christian looked over at Alexei as she had the gun pointed at Dani. He would of pulled his own gun out and shot, but he didn't want to injury Dani by being a bad shot.

"Do you even know what you are getting into, I promise a better payday then anything he can offer," it was worth a shot, he had nothing else to lose. If it could keep Dani with them and maybe get Ben out of the picture altogether. He took a couple steps closer to Alexei, either way this could work to let him get close enough to disarm her. Just do something to get a better hand in this situation. "I don't care what arrangement you have set up with that b*****d. Let me tell you now its not worth," he risked too much to just let Dani get snagged away her. He was getting closer to getting her freedom and for it to be taken away. Christian wouldn't stand for it.

Either Alexei was set on her deal or she was smart enough to realize Christian's game plan. Christian didn't care to learn, Alexei took the shot. Hitting Christian in the left side of his chest, near his shoulder. It was probably higher then she wanted, but it was what saved his life. Christian grit his jaw and raised a hand to the newly formed injury. Glaring towards Alexei. "You ******** b***h," Christian's voice was colder as he glared at Alexei. He kept a hand against his shoulder, it was bleeding heavily. Might of not his his heart, but it still was in a bad region to get shot in. It would do some damage, hopefully nothing permanent.

Still, he couldn't just stand here and let them take Dani. He pushed his injury back and rushed at Alexei, hopefully to throw her off guard just enough to let Dani get out of her hold and get somewhere safe. Maybe head out to the front, try to get some attention that would work in their favor. Again, Alexei was faster then him, another shot was fired, this one hit his upper leg, aimed to get him down. It worked, Christian collapsed and grit his jaw. He looked at Dani. Dani I am so sorry, I will make sure they get whats coming at them. he told Dani silently. There was little Christian could do and he knew that. He didn't want to take any other injuries either.

Damn it where was Blood. Wasn't he being paid for protection. Stupid pirates. He hated his place. Should of thought of a different plan for Dani. One that was more well thought out, where she could already been somewhere sage.

{[ blah that ending. -hides in corner- ]}

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

User Image

XXXXXXXX Daniella furrowed her brows as the noise of someone busting the door open startled her out of her 'sleep'. She let out a small groan as she peeked her eyes open and tried to figure out what was happening. Ben, or whomever the hell he really was, had returned. The female barely had time to react and try to piece things together, but managed to grab hold of a string of thoughts from above: Alexei. Like Nova, only a bit slower and groggier, Dani managed to rip the IV port out of her arm and roll over on the ground just as Alexei made her first move. She was dizzy still, and exhausted, but she tried to focus. There was action all around her, and the only time Dani managed to rise to her feet she fell down again. Alexei was on her at that point, Rhia on the ground, and everyone else in some sort of fiasco...

Dani had let out a small yelp as Alexei yanked her up by her hair, something she could have possibly evaded had she been in a better state. With a gun to her head, there wasn't really much the girl could do. She managed to struggle, but that only resulted in her being hit across the face with Alexei's gun, which was a less than pleasant feeling. Her face was bleeding, and she was fairly certain her cheekbone had cracked---at least it felt like it had, along with her nose. That impact paired with Dani's paper white skin would surely produce a nasty bruise. Again she was twisted around, this time with blood streaming down her face. Hot tears had starting coming down her cheeks as a reaction to her pain. What the hell was she supposed to do now?
            "Wake up Dani, wake up...Fight or flight." She struggled to keep her eyes open, affected by her injuries and blood loss. Daniella was rather pathetic at the moment. A little Kitten in a room of Wolves...Weakly she looked from Nova to Rhia, and then to Christian and Gunnar. These people hardly knew her, and here they were fighting to help keep her alive and safe. It was ridiculous, and unwarranted. And while Daniella was grateful she still felt overwhelming guilt about the whole situation. Everything that had happened on and after Kessel Station was directly related to her. She'd picked Alister Blood as the one to help her, dragging Rhia and Nova already on the ship. And poor Gunnar was just a good Doctor who happened to get pulled into the chaos of her life. She was awful.

Her eyes focused on Christian as he began talking and slowly approaching Alexei. Dani still in her clutches, she couldn't do much but squirm every now and then. Even after being hit Dani wasn't about to give up, despite her weakened state. Dani knew well enough that she was worth absolutely nothing dead. Even if Alexei was getting fed up with her writhing, Dani was certain she'd been instructed to keep her alive. Even if it meant more physical pain, they wouldn't let her die. She could get through this. Right? It hurt like hell, but she was good at surviving...
            The gun fired, and Dani gasped, her pained expression turning to a horrified one as she watched Christian's chest turned scarlet. Daniella struggled more, which still wasn't very effective, and tugged away from Alexei in an attempt to get to her friend. But at least he'd taken the bullet like a champ, and was still standing. He spouted off some less than tasteful, but highly accurate, words in a cold tone that Dani had never heard him use before. Then again, this was the first time they'd ever been in such a situation.

Christian ran at them and again Alexei fired. Dani again slammed her heel into Alexei's shin as hard as she could manage, "Stop shooting him!" She demanded a bit of anger flaring up in her weak voice. This time the white haired male hit the ground. Dani's wide eyes remained fixed on him, watching him bleed. All her fault, all her fault. "I think we know how this situation will turn out don't we?" She responded to Christian. Dani's gaze softened, and she mustered a weak smile through the blood and the tears on her face. "Don't apologize Christian. It isn't your fault..." She looked to Nova and then to Rhia, the latter of them being very badly injured and seemingly unconscious. "If anything, it is mine..." She looked back to Christian, her struggling against Alexei finally ceasing as she felt herself start fading. All she could hope for now was that someone else would show up to help them and that Gunnar would help aid her injured friends...

xxxxLocation :: Bloodhound
xxxxCompany :: Christian, Rhia, Nova, Gunnar, Alexei, Will
xxxxHealth :: 60% - 4 inch gash on lower right abdomen, bloodloss, exhaustion, small cut on left cheek, fractured cheekbone.
xxxxTunes ::Top Notch (Acoustic) - Manchester Orchestra

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

That was the problem with Calypso; once things started to go wrong, they never seemed to get any ******** better. Alister was dashing through the streets, shoving through the crowds. He had made it a certain distance away from the explosion he had caused, but now they were on his tail...bounty hunter scum. It was almost as if they knew exactly where he was. His heart was thumping in his chest as he sprinted down the road, watching his sides as people began to scatter. A noise sat in the background, getting louder and louder, until Alister recognized the hum of hoverbike engines. He was almost flattered that they’d break out the fancy hardware to find him. He swerved to the side, hoping the sudden turn may throw them off just a little bit, as he ran straight through the front doors of a rundown old building, assuming it was some sort of apartment or drug den. He made it about halfway down the hall before the sound of the door shattering off its frame came from behind him, a pair of hoverbikes in single file, racing toward him at full speed. Alister, however, was prepared. He made it to the end of the hall by the time the EMP grenades he had dropped went off, deactivating the pair of hoverbikes, sending their riders sailing down the hallway, bikes slamming into their soft bodies, crushing them. Alister rolled to the side dextrously, into the adjoining hallway as the pair of bikes and bodies crashed into the far wall. A pair of trigger pulls, and a pair of bullets struck the gas tank of one of the bikes, fuel spewing all over the immediate area. Alister took to running again, as one of the bounty hunters rose to his feet, and fired his gun.

It happened in almost slow motion, as the spent casing of the round glided to the floor, red hot from the internal explosion of causing a gun to fire. As it struck the gasoline on the floor, the liquid was set ablaze, and in a few seconds more, it spread to the pair of mostly full gas tanks, followed by an explosion even larger than the previous one Alister had the pleasure of causing. The shockwave from this one struck Alister, and catapulted him through the window at the end of the hallway, and slamming into the cold metal of the street below, the ground screaming, pointing, and a few of them gaping at Alister with various looks of bewilderment. The pirate merely lay there for a moment, not sure if he wanted to get up. The ground was exceptionally comfortable, considering, and his ears were still ringing from his antics. The thing that snapped him out of it was a gunshot, and a scream, as more intrepid hunters found his little resting place. One of them grabbed him by the throat hauling him off his feet, and grinning at his conquest. ”Alister Blood.” It wasn’t a question, of course, and Alister smiled weakly as he felt his supply of oxygen slowly being cut off. ”You know, you’re worth quite a bit of money...and fortunately for you, I’m a reasonable bounty hunter, and I see an opportunity when I see one. Daniella Pearson, and your other little friends that you brought with you...combined, they’re worth way more than you are, and I like credits. So, how’s about we make a deal, Blood. I let you live, perhaps even without breaking all your limbs...if you tell me where to find them.”

Alister struggled and squirmed, but it wasn’t make his situation any better. Hell, the offer was almost enticing. Except the fact that it was bullshit. Even if Alister were willing to give up the nice, steady paycheck of transporting all those passengers…even if this goon had offered to even pay him for ruining their lives...they would still come after him in the end, for the credits. The bounty on all their heads was too big to just ignore for too long, especially his. And Alister Blood hadn’t become a good pirate by running out of options the second he was caught. With a gesture of his foot, a small, jagged blade deployed itself from the point of his armored boot, and he buried it into the bounty hunter’s crotch, and twisted. The man screamed similar to what you’d expect from a little girl, and he dropped Alister, who charged at him, tackling him with all his strength, sending the large body tumbling over the edge of the platform, plummeting into the depths of the asteroid. The others took a step back from Alister, who turned to face them, smiling, rubbing his neck. The bruises would be good, at least. ”Anyone else want to go?” He asked, as a courtesy, and a few of them shook their heads nervously. Alister kept on smiling, and pulled the pistols off his belt again. ”Too bad, I wasn’t really giving you a choice. You can try and run through...I do like having to aim.” And just like that, he gunned a few more bounty hunters, bringing the body toll up just a little more.

As he finally though it was over, another disturbing sight caught his eye. I was something he had not seen in quite awhile, but as his eyes caught it, he clutched his pistols tightly, and took aim. The figure that approached him made his last attacker look like the little girl he screamed like. This one was mostly muscle, practically sculpted for the act of murdering its fellow man. The tattoos and markings upon its skin were recognizable even by a heathen such as Alister; The Children of Olympus. Their power was almost non-existent on Calypso, with only a small pocket of them or so existing among the pirates. For one of the Unnamed to be present, something special had to be happening. His posture was not threatening, and something about the way he approached Alister prompted him to hold his fire, until they finally came face to face, and the Unnamed pressed a datapad towards Alister, he glanced down at it was feigned interest, his eyes scanning the information present. Alexei...how did she have enough pull for an Unnamed? The message was obviously either from her, or sent on her behalf. It instructed him to search Virgil’s Office in the Bloodhound for a delivery of one Czeslaw Romano. At least she held up her end of the deal at last. It would have been next to extort her a bit more...extorting her did help him relieve some stress, after all, and it wasn’t as if she hadn’t gotten anything out of it either. He took the message, and nodded to the mute eunuch. ”Thank you for the message. May your Gods...wipe your a** for you or something, since they’ve already gone and cut out your tongue and your...man bits.”

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image
User Image
Is the blonde girl in my head? Gunnar watched as Ears struggled to stab herself with the I.V. needle and remain conscious. She must have had quite a bit to drink. Gunnar carefully removed it from the inebriated elf and had Sara crimp it off.

Without warning, the door opened to reveal a combat droid and a man in a full suit of combat armor. Gunnar drew his pistol and trained it on his unwelcome guest but he couldn't get a shot off without risk of hitting Braveheart or Whitey. The stab happy chick from earlier crawled out of a vent and grabbed Blondie. The Scottish woman charged at the second assailant who struck first. His patient was jerked to the side and the I.V. needle was ripped out of Gunnar's arm.

[********] The surgeon fell to his knees near the surgical implements. A streak of blood flew from his arm and painted a line of crimson along the floor and opposing wall. Every muscle in his body tensed as red started to fill his vision. Gunnar's body was designed for one purpose and that singular focus roared through his mind like a bear.

KILL

"Stop shooting him!" Though she didn't say it, the message was clear; Blondie was giving herself up. The people she had come in with were obviously important to her. I'll take care of them. Gunnar shoved one of the alcohol soaked rags into the bottle of medicinal Everclear.

"You slavers are morons. The girl has serious abdominal laceration. I was checking to see if she had any damage to her organs when you tactically assaulted my liquor closet. What I do know about her injury is that the cut goes into her muscle. Without getting stitched back together, she could suffer from massive internal bleeding, progressive tearing, intestinal protrusion, not to mention infection. To put it into smaller words, if you don't let me do my damned job, she dies." Gunnar pulled a lighter from his pocket and lit the rag.

"And no. I'm not going."

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image
William Howard Braxton

Damn, Will thought as he and Quincy were caught in the tractor beam’s magnetic field. The field prevented him from passing through since most of his armor was metal, and Quincy was completely trapped. He had not anticipated Nova having a device that could cripple him. He would have to make adjustments for that in the future in case he ran into her again. For now though, he needed to focus on getting out of her grasp before she hacked him to pieces with her laser chainsaw. While her anger was not directed solely at him, he still had no intention of ending up a gory mess on the floor of one of the Bloodhound’s storerooms. He needed to think fast if he wanted to avoid such a poor fate.

While he weighed his options, he could see Alexei fending off Rhia. Will could not say he was surprised the woman was still willing to put up a fight, but she was only hurting herself even more. Now on top of a cracked sternum, she had bullets in her. As she collapsed and began to bleed from her new wounds, Will watched Alexei rough up Daniella. While he was not thrilled it had to happen, the girl was not making it easy on the woman with the cybernetic eyes. He had instructed Alexei to use reasonable force to get Dani to cooperate though, so he could not hold it against her. If he were in Alexei’s shoes, he might be doing the same thing. It always was a hassle to deal with moving people who were struggling, and as brutal as it could be, a few lumps went far to encourage cooperation.

Christian was next on the list to try and fight Alexei. He, too, ended up with a couple of bullets in him. The rich kid had probably never taken a bullet before in his life, and it was undoubtedly a rough experience. Getting shot was never a pleasant experience, and Will never quite got used to the pain. He had learned to fight through it, but getting extra holes added to your body was probably something the human body was not meant to become accustomed to. The pain had dropped the young man, and it also had the added effect of getting Dani to stop struggling against Alexei.

”Look, we don’t want to kill anyone here unless I have to. Just let us take the girl, and we will be gone,” Will said, his voice as calm as ever. At Gunnar’s remark about them being slavers, Will raised an eyebrow inside his helmet. ”Slavers? I think you are mistaken. We’re here to make sure she is safe. We have the necessary medical equipment to treat her,” Will responded, watching as the man made a Molotov cocktail. This was getting too out of hand, and they needed to get out now. Will fortunately had a plan, but it was going to be a bit risky.

In a flash, Will pulled out an EMP grenade and chucked it at Nova. The small orb was caught in the magnetic field, freezing in place for a moment before silently activating. The invisible pulse shot through the room, disrupting all electronics inside. He assumed Alexei’s eyes would be fine, as most cybernetics had been EMP-hardened to not lose function when hit. Will’s armor flickered for a moment as the systems began to recycle. As for Quincy and the rest of the electronics, it would take time for them to reboot, if at all. Quincy would be up in about thirty seconds, while everything else would probably take longer to reset, if it did at all. The lights would probably never come back on until they were replaced.

With the lights out, Will slung his assault rifle on his back and drew his pistol, grabbing Quincy and beginning to haul the droid out through the door. ”We’re leaving, and I won’t hesitate to shoot anyone who tries to stop us,” Will stated. He then added, ”I suggest you treat the ones with bullet holes in them before they bleed out.” Will kept his pistol trained down the hall as he pulled Quincy out. Alexei would not be far behind with Daniella as they made their way out into the bar, which was now deserted. People had heard the commotion in the back and had decided not to stick around. Upon getting outside, Will laid Quincy up against the side of the building and walked into the street in front of an oncoming car. The driver slammed on the brakes, stopping a couple feet from Will. The armored man motioned for the driver to get out, which he promptly complied. Will then motioned for Alexei to load Daniella into the back of the car. As he went to grab Quincy, the droid’s systems finished rebooting. In a moment, the droid was up and raising his rifle. ”We’re leaving,” Will said and ran over to the driver’s side of the car. Quincy climbed into the passenger’s seat. When everyone inside, he put the pedal to the metal and began racing towards the hangar.

Current Name: IridiumUser Image
Current Objective: Secure the Telepath, Escape from Calypso

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

"I need a FIX 'cuz I'm going down."

outfit // Calypso
stamina // 70% - tired
addiction status // craving

When Alexei demanded something to do something in the middle of a fight, it was never just small talk. She hated when people were too chatty or cocky during a fight--usually their words had absolutely no meaning behind them, and were just put there to keep the air occupied in between blows. No, Alexei rarely if ever talked during fights, because when she finally said something, it meant something. But the inexperienced would ignore the weight behind her words, and that would be their mistake.

Take Christian, for example. He inched towards her, trying to cajole her with his own offers. "Do you even know what you are getting into, I promise a better payday then anything he can offer," he began. She already wrote off what he said because he didn't pay attention to what she had demanded. Alexei watched him as he continued to move towards her, as if she had no idea that he had a gun under that fancy jacket of his and wasn't completely bullshitting in order to get Daniella away from her. "I don't care what arrangement you have set up with that b*****d. Let me tell you now its not worth--" She coldly held up her SPK and shot him in the upper chest. He stumbled backwards in surprise--obviously he had never been shot before. She did not see any reason to kill him, but she did not want him to think she was playing around. "You ******** b***h," he responded, his voice finally delivering a truth to the words he spoke.

She smiled a little in respectful response. Christian then went all-in and rushed towards her, possibly in an adrenaline-fueled decision spurred on by his pain, but Alexei merely shot him in the leg this time, sending him crashing to the floor. Daniella's scream pierced her ear and she felt a strong (not very strong, all things considered) kick from the struggling girl. "Stop shooting him!" Alexei pulled her arm up to the girl's throat and began to crush her windpipe for a moment before loosening the grip.

The surgeon then called Alexei a slaver before preparing a Molotov cocktail. Alexei's orange eyes flashed a little in involuntary response to the accusation. She was no slaver. ”Slavers? I think you are mistaken. We’re here to make sure she is safe. We have the necessary medical equipment to treat her,” Ben responded before pulling out an EMP grenade. Alexei had no time to protest before it went off and her vision went temporarily dark. While her eyes had been hardened against such an attack, they automatically shut off at the detection of such a pulse, only to reboot in a moment's time. Without saying anything, she held tightly onto Daniella, not moving until her eyes came back to functioning.

Ben and Alexei then tore out of the room, Alexei having Daniella over her shoulder (the girl was quite light, and it made it easier to transport her). On the way out, Alexei kicked the surgeon's Molotov cocktail from his hand, setting the doorway on fire as a temporary shield from them immediately following them. They made their way outside--Alexei grabbing the briefcase she had stashed--and a driver pulled up for Alexei to load Daniella into the back; she then climbed in after her and kept her gun out as Ben got into the driver's seat.

To the hangar, it seemed. Alexei noticed a commotion outside, but it wasn't because of the Unnamed. She furrowed her brow. Something wasn't right. And her mouth started to water, and she felt a tugging in the back of her mind. She let out a soft breath as she began to feel a little shaky.

I, too, saw God through mud —
    The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
    War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
    And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
    Merry it was to laugh there —
    Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
    For power was on us as we slashed bones bare
    Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder.

- "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo", Wilfred Owen

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

User Image

XXXXXXXX Daniella gasped for air and sputtered a few times after Alexei had released her throat. Being strangled definitely hadn't been on her to do list...then again, the whole day had kind of turned to s**t. The blonde was surprised, however, to the find Mister Doctor taking such a stand. Even if he was against Alexei and Ben, his words made sense. But, Ben was right to correct him. They were not slavers, even though Dani definitely felt like a slave of sorts. Ben throw some small device, and it went off. Dani could feel things shift for a moment, and Alexei held her even tighter for a moment, as if she was insecure for those brief seconds. It occured to Daniella that Alexei was the only thing holding her up. Her knees were weak, and though she was panicked at the moment she had been on the verge of passing out right before the dastardly duo had shown up and ruined everything. The girl almost toppled over as Alexei shifted her around and draped her over her shoulder. The positioning hurt her wound, and Dani made a small yelp of pain before Alexei started moving.

Her grey eyes found Gunnar and she gave him a stern look---or at least the most stern she could muster in her state. "Take care of them." Her words were blunt, leaving no room for argument. Alexei kicked the bottle out of Gunnar's hands, and soon flames filled the doorway. Dani managed to catch a glimpse of Rhia and Christian on the floor, peeking through the flames, but it soon vanished as her carrier kept moving. Again, Dani linked up with Christian. "Cristian...You need to get out of there. Take care of yourself and don't worry about me." They were outside now, and behind her she could hear Ben talking. "Don't panic. Everything will be okay...They won't let me die. You know that."
            Another wave of pain went through her as she was moved again, this time shoved into the backseat of a car. The door slammed shut, and when she looked forward she found a gun pointed at her, just in case...
            "Check your accounts. If I am able to sneak a message to you to will, or if I escape I will contact you then. Don't give up on me." Daniella groaned as she leaned against the door, careful not to make any moves that would prompt her getting shot, and peeked out the window. It seemed that the Bloodhound wasn't the only place on Calypso in a chaotic state. Something was wrong, she could hear it from the people on the street in her head...Dani shook her head and concentrated, trying to get back to Christian as the car moved. "Don't let Blood back out of this contract. It's not in his nature, but I'm sure he won't be too happy with what has happened to Rhia. Tell him I'm sorry." The small female looked from Alexei to Ben and bit the inside of her cheek in pain.

"Stay strong. Don't give up. You have to prom----"

And that was it.

Still leaning against the door, Daniella's eyes widened. Her heart sped up as the realization hit her that she was alone now. The car had moved her too far, and now Christian was out of her reach. Her chest hurt. Slowly she lifted a hand and placed it over her mouth as it twisted into a pained frown. Dani could feel her eyes stinging with hot tears. She bit the inside of her cheek as she gained composure, refusing to let the tears fall down her bloodied face. Not this time. She was on her own now, and she had to be strong. Dani took a few deep breaths and finally placed her hand back in her lap. Her cut was still bleeding, though not nearly as much. At least Gunnar had been able to help her a little bit...Still, she felt woozy and tired. And all the pain, and the worry, and the violence had put her into a bad mood. Daniella leaned her head back on the seat and slid her eyes to the side and locked on Alexei. She reached into the woman's mind. Seemed she was just as confused about what was happening outside, and that she was yearning for a certain something.

Daniella rolled her eyes and then looked to Ben. "In the hands of an a*****e and a drug addict. How lovely..." She muttered dryly. Dani winced in pain and shut her eyes for a moment, and it only made her new found attitude worse..."So, Ben..." Dani began, keeping her eyes closed. She laced his name with extra sarcasm, knowing full well it wasn't his real one. "You got me. Where are we headed now?"

xxxxLocation :: Calypso
xxxxCompany :: Will & Alexei
xxxxHealth :: 55% - 4 inch gash on lower right abdomen, bloodloss, exhaustion, small cut on left cheek, fractured cheekbone.
xxxxTunes ::For Everything A Reason - Carina Round

High-functioning Prophet

User Image

"I will never stop trying to be the person I see reflecting back at me through those eyes."

User Image

Vegas acknowledged Christian's response to her question and only gazed back at Ben with a menacing glare. That was all she needed to know. Without breaking her concentration she would hear Rhia being slung about like a rag doll by Alexei. It was clear that neither of the two kidnappers were anything to sneeze at. She'd prepare to lift Ben off his feet with a small tilt of her hips when she would notice him toss a grenade. Her eyes would grow wide as she watched it spin and finally detonate. What would seem like the longest tenth of a second the young woman had ever witnessed would start as she leapt up to grab the grenade in a futile attempt to disarm it. Her eyes would shine in disbelief as she screamed at the man who'd thrown the device.

"YOU IDIOT!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S GOING TO DO?!?!"
Vegas would feel her heart miss a beat as the EMP grenade went off, she felt the magnet field stopping completely as the force field died off almost instantly, it would take a recharge now, but that was the least of her concerns. While still in the midst of mid jump, she heard the ping of the gravity locks being broken, thankfully as EMPs were considered in the belt's design, it had a control release that rapidly, but still gradually, turned off the first wave of gravity locks. As it shut off she would quickly fall to the ground, the only light around to see with being that which the surgeon had and her brightly lit laser chainsaw to illuminate her as she hit the ground with a heavy, HEAVY, crash. Landing on the ground the belt hit the floor and continued to sink past it. Thankfully it seemed the flooring was solid, or whatever was underneath it was at least. Laying there, the young lithe woman watched as Alexei and Ben took off with Dani. She could do little now, she would need to hit the emergency release to be unpinned. She'd notice as Alexei hit the everclear bottle out of Gunnar's hand as it hit the door they exited from and it was engulfed in flames.

Vegas would stare as her chainsaw would power down and shut off. The room becoming just that much darker because of it, as the flicker of the flames danced across her eyes. Her cap would slide off her head and her hair that had been neatly tied into a bun would fall down. Long locks, that would later fall to her mid thigh unraveled on either side of her face. She was defeated. Reaching behind her she would push the emergency release and break away feature on the belt. Thankfully, the belt only broke one of its gravity locks, now on the ground beneath her was a buckle that weighed approximately the same as an eighteen wheeler rig. She'd sigh in relief. Only 1% broke, thank God...

She would wait for the device to resume from its cold boot process as it uploaded its data once more. The tractor beam itself was useless for the time being, but she did still have to carry it somehow. Rushing to her feet she wanted to check on the two that had been severely wounded, but there was another factor in play here, the small room had a ring of fire cutting off the exit. She'd little knowledge on how much carbon monoxide the lungs could take before ceasing, and she'd little desire to find out today. Racing over to the sink she'd check for a nozzle head and extender. As she reached around the sink she'd realize there was none, and so quick with action, she instead decided to rip off her burnt orange baby doll shirt and soak it in water. Revealing her black slave bracelet sleeved skinsuit, meant to protect against minor attacks and cuts. With haste the figure-less thin female took the shirt and began to smother the fire. She had to keep herself useful, Christian was in terrible shape, Rhia was looking just worse for wear, and they didn't need a bunch of smoke in their lungs on top of the damage already done.

Extinguishing the fire Vegas quickly ran over to the rest and looked to Gunnar.

"We need to tend to the wounds, but if there's more coming, I will certainly guard the exit instead."
She would realize that there was literally no light left in the room, with an inward sigh she would take the zipper on her skinsuit and bring it down to her sternum. Her bio-luminescent spots on her cheeks, neck, and chest lighting up the room some. "I-I'm sorry Christian. I should have- Are- you alright?"

She'd kneel down to stroke his cheek, looking at his eyes. "You stay with me, ok? We got this. You're gonna be alright."

Her hands were clammy and shaking, not only was she scared for Christian's life, but she was reminded what it was like to have someone dear to you taken from you. It bore an insecurity to rise from deep down inside of her, one she'd thought she'd buried with copious amounts of booze, smokes, and loveless sex with strangers. But it was still there, and now, she was as painfully aware as ever.

"We've- got to do something." She'd state, tears welling up in her eyes, her voice not much more than a whisper. "No one deserves a fate such as this."

User Image
*SUPERNOVA*

Lie To Me...

"Out there, every star in the night’s sky is an oath I took for you..."
"Written in the largest letter I never sent. This oath I took for you, was written on my very soul and displayed for all to see in this very sky."

"...I love you enough to fuel the night's sky." ~
Tiberius Pierce

...Just once more

User Image User Image User Image

Mood: Shaken
Health: 65% Drunk
Song: Weight of the World

Quinsareth's Husband

Rampaging Sex Symbol

14,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
        User Image

Christian Adam Bernetxxxxxxthe heir to GenEx

xxxxxxxweep » for yourself, my man,
                                                xxxxxxxxx You'll never be what is in your heart
                                                xx
                                                x x WEEP LITTLE LION MAN
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxYou're not as brave as you were at the start
                                                xx↷ *)Rate yourself and rake yourself
                                                xxxx ● ● Tak e all the courage you have left

xxxxxxxxxxxxxWasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

the bloodhound calypsoxx nova, gunnar, rhiaxx in lots of pain

There was little he could do to stop Dani from being taken at this point. He just kept a hand pressed firmly against his shoulder in some vain hope to slow the bleeding. His leg was throbbing. Dani was telling him not to worry about her, she knew that wouldn't work out. He wouldn't rest easy until Dani was somewhere safe. Perhaps he was a bit too stubborn. At this point any sane person would of merely gotten themselves patched up and gone back home, to the glam, the fine food and clothes, the safety of having money. Christian didn't want that though, he had to get Dani somewhere safe. Don't think I'll not worry, stay safe. Whether or not she could get that message, but either way, Christian had to focus on himself. He had to stop the bleeding. His leg would be easy.

Sliding his belt off he put it his thigh just above where he was shot and tugged it tight. It would slow the bleeding which is what needed to be done. He could feel blood loss already, his head was starting to get light. He could barely focus on Vegas as she spoke to him. "We got a surgeon, I'll be....fine," he was feeling slow. It was even hard to talk. Getting shot was not a pleasant feeling, his shoulder and leg were throbbing. It brought pain to a whole new level for Christian. He hadn't gotten close to experiencing something like this.

"Fate?" You act like...I'm...about to...die," he glanced over at Rhia, who seemed to be in even worse shape then him. They needed to get out of here, get help and find somewhere safe to tend to their wounds. "Hey....you think I'll..go down so...easy," he tried to change how he was sitting, but it was only met with more pain. He clenched his jaw, cursing under his breath. [******** shot me," he leaned back against a storage container and shut his eyes. Focus on breathing, it would keep him alive.

He was losing a lot of blood. Both shots were done in areas that held a lot of blood vessels. "Ruined my good shirt too..." between the pain and blood loss, Christian could feel himself passing out. At least he had himself braced against something, last thing they need was him hitting his head as well.

{[ short, but christian can't do much anyways XD ]}

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image

Command Bridge, CSS Justice
The Asteroid Belt
Sol System
January 19, 2326
10:22 Galactic Standard Time

"Our sources on board Calypso Station have confirmed the presence of the fugitives, Admiral. They've deployed the tracking beacon with Blood, transmitting his location to bounty hunters on station, and beaming us exact coordinates to the station. The pirate scum couldn't keep it so well hidden forever. We will be in proximity in approximately forty-five minutes. Shields are at full power, meaning if we jump into the middle of several asteroids in the belt, the ship will sustain no damage. Drop pods have been equipped with high powered, durasteel drills, to penetrate both the asteroid encasing the station, as well as the station's infrastructure. A thousand troops, and two hundred of Cyberteknik's experimental battle droids are on standby, as well as two full fighter wings in the case of pirate resistance in the belt. The station itself is mostly locked down thanks to our inside contacts, and Captain Liam Devaro is otherwise occupied. The only real trouble we may have is the shields, sir. The mechanism to disengage them is guarded by an advanced, hack-proof firewall and safeguard system that we haven’t seen before, and has no manual override. The shield may not be down when we arrive, meaning we won’t be able to fire upon the station..."

Admiral Halloran grunted in response. Alister Blood was already causing too much trouble, but his alleged actions had finally set things into motion. People were crying for elimination of the pirate scum, a crusade against these wretched thieves among the stars. Admiral Halloran was honored to be the one to destroy them, once and for all. It brought him that perverted sense of satisfaction. He turned to his Lieutenant, and smirked, just a bit of his talent for vicious warfare flashing across his face. ”Contact Admiral Nordstrom aboard the Regal. Inform her that she must evacuate all essential personnel to the Justice...and set a course for the asteroid. We may not be able to fire through their shields, but they can’t stop us from plowing a dreadnought into the damn thing.” The lieutenant had learned quickly in recent days that Admiral Halloran had no patience or room for questions of his orders. If the Admiral was willing to sacrifice thousands of lives that Admiral Nordstrom would deem non-essential, then that was what they would do. ”Yes sir.” He replied, swallowing hard as the Admiral’s eyes drilled into him for a few moments, as if he could see into his mind. ”I’ll be in my quarters with our honored guest. Do not have me disturbed.”

Admiral Halloran entered his quarters, the door sliding open in front of him with a light shudder, and shutting after he passed over the threshold. The cabin was quite spacious, multi-roomed, and the highest end of luxury that you could expect in a penthouse on Earth, not on a spaceship. A large table of polished wood sat near the door, soft and expensive chairs assembled around it. At the foot of the table sat a man, and once glance at this man, glass of wine gently pulled away from his lips, you could practically see the two sides of the coin; genius, and madness, all encapsulated in this man in a higher form. He reached down into his pocket, pulling a handkerchief that cost as much as the Persephone, and lightly wiped at his lips after each sip of the deep red wine. His ascent to his feet was slow and deliberate, and he set the handkerchief on the table, the wine glass on top of it, and gave a slight smile as the Admiral approached. Halloran offered a hand to the man, who shook it heartily, before the Admiral gestured for him to sit back down, doing the same in a chair to the man’s right. ”Doctor McLaughlin, it is an honor to host you aboard my ship. I hope your stay so far has been...well, to your satisfaction.” The man chuckled, taking another sip of wine, before leaning back in his chair. ”Please, Kenneth, call me...Gregory. We have no need for such formalities, especially here, in your quarters. I am, in fact, the one that should be honored. The great Admiral Kenneth Halloran, agreeing to allow me aboard his mighty vessel. I trust you know why I was so eager to join you during your...current operations?”

The Admiral nodded, crossing his arms. ”Daniella Pearson. Though I don’t have any real information, I’ve been told as much as I need to know. She’s one of your little experiments...something of a pet project for GenEx’s Human Genome Division. An experimental telepath. The Human Research Department as a whole has done some amazing studies under your leadership, of course, but I hear the Human Genome Division is making impossible breakthroughs a reality. Unlocking the vast arrays of human potential that we never knew we had. I’ve read some of your papers, and I must say, I would not scoff at a chance to give some of your work a looksee. There are obvious military applications I would enjoy if some of these projects were to reach fruition. And those are just the ones that I know about.” Gregory McLaughlin’s chuckle was something of a signature, as he repeated it, equal parts creepy and intimidating. ”Well, it’s nice to know that a man of your status and occupation can appreciate the work we do at GenEx. Director Bernet is definitely a man with vision himself, but he was quite wise to promote me to the head of the Human Research Department. Ms. Pearson is one of my finest experiments...and she still has so much to offer us. So much...research potential.” The smile that he gave to Halloran gave the Admiral the chills. It was a devious smile, one of hunger and desire, though whether it was simply for knowledge and the passion for his job, or for other, more...disturbing reasons, it was unclear. Halloran simply brushed his doubts away. The man was brilliant, so what did it matter if he was a bit unorthodox.

”Ah, but I have a gift for you, Admiral. I’m having my team prep it for deployment on Calypso, to aid your forces. You’re going to absolutely love it. And hopefully it can aid in acquiring Ms. Pearson.” He seemed giddy at the prospect, further driving Halloran to find the man utterly disturbing, and having a hard time ignoring it. But still, he continued to show the proper courtesy, as was expected when dealing with such a high level employee of one of the powerful companies of the Dominion, who were lining his pockets. A sudden shift in the ship’s momentum rippled through the ship, and the Admiral stood from his seat, looking over his shoulder. He was relieved, for that meant they had dropped out of FTL, and were ready to being the assault. ”If you would like to join me on the bridge, Doctor...we can begin. And perhaps I can see your...gift.” The pair eagerly returned to the bridge, and the view of the asteroid belt unfolded before their eyes. The asteroids caught by the ship’s shielding were disintegrated instantly, until the ship came to a stop near a larger asteroid, where the beacon transmission was coming from. ”Admiral Nordstrom indicates that all her necessary personnel are aboard, sir. The Regal should impact shortly.”

”Once the shields fall...unleash the full might of our forces, Lieutenant.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces