Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

Alister was tired. To use more appropriate verbiage, he was exhausted. All the events of the last couple days having finally caught up, his body was sore, his head was pounding, and his various injuries exacerbated his overall pain level. There was a part of his mind that both cursed himself, and cursed Daniella, for bringing this all down upon him. All of this truly stemmed from her, after all. He had risked lives that weren’t even his to risk to rescue a girl that was nothing more than a paycheck to him. He had found himself trusting people that he would never have considered even letting cross his path. A pirate with a conscience, whom could have her own ulterior motives related to her lover. An Olympian with considerable combat skills and some sort of reputation among her peers, who worked for a bunch of smugglers and drug dealers that Alister already had bad history with. A rich brat that was heir to one of the most powerful facets of Dominion power in the system. A doctor whose loyalties and sanity were both questionable, even if his medical skill was not. And Daniella herself...a naive little girl, untested by the hardships of life, pampered and raised by some of the Dominion’s foulest. A woman who was capable of unearthly things, things on par with rumors and speculation surrounding the Gods of Olympus. Reading minds, gleaning thoughts, telepathic communication. Then something clicked in his head.

The stories said that Dionysus could fell an army with his honeyed words and honeyed wine. Zeus could call a down a vicious storm to devastate his enemies. Ares would lay waste to his opponents by the hundreds, effortlessly, practically bathing in their blood. Apollo could fire an arrow into a orbit, and strike a ship out of the blackness of space. All these remarkable things, and most doubted the truth of the stories and rumors. Alister was barely prepared to accept that Daniella could actually possess these kinds of abilities, but he had to find himself believing Christian’s words. It would explain her value to Ben and whomever he could be working for. It would explain why Halloran wanted to capture her so badly. And finally, Alister thought he finally understood the new development between Alexei and Daniella, and why they had helped each other. Alexei was religious, and absurdly so. She had endured the ‘radiance’ of one God, and perhaps had hands on experience with Daniella’s abilities. Perhaps Alexei had glimpsed a facet of divinity in the young blonde. Knowing the strong ties of allegiance the Olympians held to their patron Gods, it would make sense. Seems like he had more and more questions for Alexei after all.

Nova’s words glided through his mind, weaving in and out through his various thought processes. His ideas seemed to line up well with her questions and musings, but he did not wish to play his hand quite yet. That, and he just realized how much trust he was putting in her, and had decided it was dangerous. A good lay here and there was mostly harmless. But trust was a dangerous thing, and just as Alexei had done, could lead to betrayal. They both even had the same opening move perhaps; a little bit of sex to get his guard down, before driving a knife into his back. He would be more wary with Commander Vegas. He would still uphold his promise to her, as she did to him….even as Alexei had done in her delivery of Romano back on Calypso. Another thought clicked in his head. Both women had followed a sort of formula. Did that mean it was only a matter of time before Nova almost killed someone else he may have cared about, and ran off? Fat chance of that, as he was out of people to care about, with Rhia already on death’s door. ”I agree. There has to be a reason that Alexei sent us that message, beyond trying to get us killed. If it were a trap, we probably wouldn’t have made it out alive. Hopefully she’ll be cooperative. I don’t know if her little boyfriend would react too kindly to me attempting to extract the information forcefully.”

Another problem rearing its ugly head; Leon. The list of things he had to worry about was just constantly getting longer, wasn’t it? It would have been so much easier to supply a bullet in the head, or shoot them out the airlock, or evacuate all the oxygen from their cells. Was whatever information they had really worth the trouble? The doubts were also piling up, and Alister was getting nervous. His life as a pirate had been pretty simple for so long; it was all about doing the job, probably break a few laws, kill a few people, and get paid. He wasn’t prepared for war, intrigue, and the servants of a God to come along for a ride. ”The best opportunities usually come with a lot of risk.” His paranoia was mounting as he closed the comm channel. He sat still for a few moments, until he heard Persephone announce that food was being served in the mess hall. But food could wait. He couldn’t let the crew, or the passengers, see him like this; distraught, paranoid, confused. Those were weaknesses he’d rather not show others. It was after several moments of sitting on his bed that he felt a presence and voice flood his mind. He identified it after a few seconds as Daniella. It was a weird sensation, but for the most part, the feeling was soothing. And what she said….well, it hit him at home. Another moment in the past few days where one could believe that Alister Blood had somewhat of a heart buried deep down under the ice. He smiled, it not really clicking that she couldn’t see his expression. He was unsure of how the whole process worked, but attempted to think so that Daniella could hear him. ”Don’t thank me yet, Kitten. We’ve still got a road ahead of us. You still aren’t safe, and I promised to get you to safety. At first I promised it on Christian’s money, but now I’m promising it to you, on my honor, whatever of it is left as a pirate and a criminal. On the honor among thieves, I guess, if you can trust it. I guess you and I are in this for the long haul, kid. It’s not just a paycheck to me anymore, and you’re not just some passenger.”

His mood had slightly improved, until she told him about the AI, and the ‘company’ they were getting. The softness in his thoughts that he was projecting were lit on fire. ”Are you kidding me? You need to find that AI and get rid of it. For all you know, it’s tracking us. If Halloran comes down on our a**...we won’t even know until after we’re ******** dead. Seems like you’re intent on taking advantage of my generosity, eh? Too bad for me, I already made you a promise. But if we get blown up because of this...I’m going to torment you in whatever afterlife there is too.” He waited for the presence of the girl to leave his mind, before letting his own thoughts out again...not that he would know if she were aware. His next step was to climb into the shower, and let the boiling water scorch his skin, and he washed away another layer of grime that had accumulated. His relaxation, however, would be cut short, as he heard Persephone’s voice again, this time merely addressing him. ”Captain…I’ve alerted the Doctor, but I felt you should know; something is happening in Alexei’s cell. She seems to be, for lack of a better term, breaking down. There is a moderate level of violence and a small amount of self-harm. She’s screaming up a storm. I think you may want to be present for it.”

---

Six months. They’d been at it for six months, and god damned, some days he wondered if it would have just been easier for those ******** bastards to hang him, or throw him in a cell, or whatever the hell they did to people accused of treason these days. He was still in shock over the whole thing; years of faithful service, losing his brothers and sisters in arms, risking his own life for his people, and this is how they repaid him. Now he was barely surviving, living in slums and sewers, ghettos and such. Picking up whatever jobs he could, taking opportunities to run with crews that needed an extra hired gun or two. Rhia had adjusted to the lifestyle better than he had. Probably because of her father, who had embraced piracy a long time ago. Then he decided to bed a woman he met in a tavern back on Earth, and eventually found out she had a child. Mr. Dravyn had always looked out for his daughter. Probably one of the only positive things about the shitbag. He didn’t even decide to disown her when she joined the Marines, since he was a pirate, and an organized group of warfighters was sort of a threat to his operations. It was a good thing too, since Rhia’s father had at least given them some contacts, and promised them more once he had the chance to come and see them. He was laying low right now, which was understandable. Until then, the pair had gotten passage on a ship to Kessel Station, a haven for pirates and the like. They had to do some menial work around the ship to pay for passage, but it was better than nothing. Well, at least, it was, until one night, Rhia came in to their small guest cabin, black eye, broken nose, and someone else’s blood staining her knuckles, her clothes ripped apart, and a rare sight on her face...tears. Almost nothing could make Rhia cry, and he rushed to her side, and she fell into his arms.

”Rhia...what happened to you?” Alister asked, though it was futile. Rhia just buried her face in his chest, and refused to reply. It wasn’t until the door slid open again, and a pair of the Captain’s goons crossed over the threshold, one of them brandishing a violent looking knife. ”There she is. Oi, girl, the Cap’n wasn’t done wit’ you yet. Get yer arse back in his cabin...now!” Rhia pulled herself closer to Alister, who glared up at the man. ”Listen, we don’t want any trouble. Just leave her alone, please.” He sounded so weak and foolish, though he didn’t realize it at the time. The goons just laughed, and one of them reached out and grabbed Rhia by the back of her tattered shirt. She cried out, and began to flail, trying to hit her assailant. He slid the knife under her chin, and growled, ”Quit yer strugglin’, girl. Wouldn’t want to mess up that pretty face or this soft skin anymore. The Cap’n likes his whores pretty.” Rhia, however, seemed that she would rather die than go back to the captain, and she bit the man’s hand. He howled in agony, and dropped her, and Alister charged the man with the knife, throwing his entire body weight at him, knocking him to the ground. His fists were soon stained with the blood of the goon, and the bone was crunching ever so violently. Rhia scanned the room, looking for some sort of weapon, until Alister suddenly took a boot to the ribs, and moments later found himself in a similar position to Rhia. ”Back in the Cap’n’s cabin...or your friend will get it.” The knife-wielding moron was ready for another bite, and Rhia cowered, ”No…” She said, quietly. Alister tried to break free, and just as sudden as the man had grabbed him, the knife had slid across his throat, and he was on the ground, blood flowing violently. Rhia screamed, and jumped to Alister, tearing away what was left of her shirt, and wrapping it tightly around the wound to try and stop the bleeding. The cut luckily hadn’t been deep enough to kill him, but it would take a short while to stop the blood. The man grabbed Rhia again, and began dragging her away. ”Take him to the infirmary. If you cooperate, girl, we’ll let ‘im live.”

Time flashed forward to about a month later in a few moments. They had been on Kessel Station, waiting for Rhia’s father. She still refused to speak about what had happened, and Alister still had a set of bandages covering his throat, to protect the sutures. The scum had kept their word; Rhia had cooperated with the Captain’s desires, and they had taken care of his injury. The Captain even had the gall to give them a lecture on always keeping their word. He would remember that until the day he died. It seemed that it was more than just sexual activities that Rhia had been forced to involve herself in. Over the course of the month, she would disappear for awhile, and return with an odd presence of mind. She seemed distracted, happy, non-focused...and she was always missing credits. She had been feeding a feeling that she was having, since they had gotten on that damned ship; a drug addiction. However, her credits had run dry, and now she as laying next to him, shaking violently, sobbing grossly, trying to repress her screams of rage and desire. She had gone two days without, and it was ripping her apart. She threatened to murder Alister and take the credits from his corpse. At some times, he believed her, and the look in her eyes. It was horrifying.

---

When Alister laid his eyes on Alexei, his hand nervously reached to the scar across his throat. Rhia had been clean for years, but it had been a hard road for them both. And now, here he was, in the small crowd that had assembled, made up of security personnel, Nova, Dani, and himself. He looked on at Gunnar would attempt to treat his patient, and tried to hide his horrified look as he watched her, listened to her words, and remembered all too well the last time he had seen this. Even though she was a prisoner, a liar, and a traitor to him, Alister couldn’t help but pity her at this moment. This was a fate that he did not wish on anyone, even his worst enemies. Nobody said it, but he knew what she was going through. He turned to one of the guards, and shook his head, ”Search this entire ship, top to bottom. You know my policy, and I want to be very clear that she hasn’t hid a stash anywhere on this ship. Any drugs not specifically for medical use that you find should be blown out the airlock. Anything in the infirmary needs to be locked up. Give the Doctor the code later on, but I want access monitored...and I want daily inventories. The only way this will get better is if we purge her system...and make sure she doesn’t claw out her own heart.”

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image

Dani's voice in his head and Blood's judgmental decree summed up Alexei's plight. Addiction was an ugly thing and withdrawal even uglier. Though he refused to admit it, he wasn't a stranger to addiction and he felt genuinely sorry for the Martian woman.

The whole situation turned the doctor's stomach. The sick and injured were afraid of him and the Captain of the ship immediately blamed this frightened and hurting prisoner for her state. The feeling of home and belonging Gunnar had felt in the chow hall was painfully peeled back to remind him that this was a brutal an hopeless life. This was not where he belonged.

He ignored Blood; the man was beyond reason and would not be convinced to back away from his position. Instead, he spoke to the security personnel."Go into the mess hall and bring me back a plate." As the crewman raced off, the doctor backed away from the terrified woman, as much for his own safety as to give her some personal space. He sat on the ground, his back against the edge of the cage and made sure that he wasn't directly facing her. Every action was measured and deliberately chosen to be as non-threatening as possible; a feat made difficult by his size and physique.

When the food arrived, Gunnar grabbed a plate and took a bite from the burger. This time, he actually got a chance to enjoy it. He looked over to Nova and nodded appreciatively. "I'm going to introduce myself and hope that you will trust me little bit better. My name is Gunnar Davis. I'm originally from New Armstrong but I've spent the last seven years as a Coalition Medical Officer. I have no reason to hurt you. You did the right thing by bringing Blondie back, safe and sound. There are going be consequences for your actions, but not from me. I stormed the gates of Olympus Mons for one of my patients. I would do the same for you, if you would let me."

User Image

Deep Turquoise #00C5CD ==

High-functioning Prophet

ⓞⓜⓜⓐⓝⓓⓔⓡ ⓞⓥⓐ ⓔⓖⓐⓢ

╰☆╮░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╭☆╯
User Image
╭☆╯░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░╰☆╮

❝As long as a word remains unspoken, you are it's master...❞

╔══════════════════════════════╗

This shattered dream you cannot justify
We're gonna scream until we're satisfied
What are we running for? We've got the right to be angry.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Still holding her action, Nova peered over at the door as it opened letting Daniella in. It surprised her that the young woman had any desire to be here, but it only supported her belief that Alexei truly did have a change of heart. If a telepath was giving her a second chance, it real did seem she was worth giving a chance by Nova and the rest as well. However, Nova could never fault any one of Alister's crew for not. Placed in the same situation, she couldn't swear that she could forgive so easily either. Even now, being a part of the crew, she was divided on how she should feel about such forgiveness. Rhia was in quite the state. But, the only saving grace the woman had, was standing right beside Nova. If Dani believed her, then so did she.

Nova glanced over at Dani as she spoke to her, smiling kindly over at the shorter woman and nodding. She didn't know what to say really, she wasn't much of a cook, only knowing a few dishes, but she appreciated that the others enjoyed what she'd prepared. With that Nova would be brought back to the group as the tall man spoke out to her. Her expression would remain unmoved, either out of rebellion to prove he couldn't order her to do anything, or because she didn't care to trust him regardless. Her voice would remain mute, as those around her scampered about with various comments. Even Gunnar spoke out, which surprised her as he appeared to be quite taken away by the situation. He was doing everything he could to work with the woman, as it became more and more clear that the problem that she was experiencing was drug related. She would recall the woman's use of a few things during the voyage from Kessel to Calypso, even some mention of a word she'd never heard before. Lotos? She would try to recall. Something about buying them she'd remember. But it mattered little now, because either she'd sold those or used them and now was with nothing.

As Alister walked in Nova nodded to him in respect before thinking back to the last thing he'd said to her. Risks, yeah, she knew all too well what risks were involved with opportunities. Betrayal, deceit, destruction... death. So she would leave the conversation to rest. What else could she say? She was without a voice in the crazy spiral which was now her life. Watching a pair of Olympians in a room where at any moment things could go terribly, terribly wrong.

At the Captain's orders Nova turned to him, her eyes wide like saucers as she opened her mouth to object, but paused as she remembered her place and remained silent. Objection would not look good before the rest of the crew. Not only that, but some part of her was certain that no matter the reason, Alister would not budge. It was just as well, she'd think to herself. Physical possessions were really not meant for a ship anyway.

Nova would nod over to Alister at his command and turn her attention back to the taller man holding Alexei. Frozen inside, she remained motionless, her eyes never once leaving Leon as she watched his every action. Her mind however would begin to drift back to a happier moment in time.

"Doctor, I have a report due tomorrow. It's on our parents..." A young pink haired child would stand before the lounging image of a tall blonde German man as he glanced over at her, his hookah in hand as he indicated for her to sit beside him. "So cadet, I assume you want to know about your mother?"

The young girl nodded sheepishly, she'd never had conversations with the man like this, and was unsure how well they would go. The man would turn, a coughing fit starting up as welts on his skin reddened. Tugging on the white patch of hair on the side of his head he would extend a gloved hand and put the hookah back on the ivory table.

"If you're wanting to know about your mother, she was a demon. But, if what you're wanting is to know my wife, then I will tell you. Margrit was an amazing woman, much like myself, she was a doctor. Brilliant and beautiful. She worked with me for years, until of course the sickness took her from me. I suppose in the genetics arms race, I was lucky to have endured and prevailed." He would note as he was disheartened by his own words.

"I miss her dearly, every moment I do. But with a shimmer of hope, I see her, here, everyday." He would turn to smile, the black inked tattoo of "AB-" Under his eye curling some as he smiled over to the young girl. Something she'd rarely seen in her young lifetime.

Nova pointed to the table, the tomb of his beloved. "Because she's here?"

He would shake his head in disappointment as he would sigh loudly. "No, she's not there. What remains in the prison is borrowed mass. Within hours, toxins inside the skull accumulate and destroy all that was her within three days. In there is nothing but a corpse. No, she is here, in this..."

With that, he would reach over, placing in Nova's hands a giant blue pod. The youth tilted her head in sheer perplexity and awe. "She's inside?"

"Yes. And someday too you will see the dead in puffs of smoke and bottles of liquor like I do." Nova looked at the man a bit mystified by his words. Quasar reached over and pulled the young girl close to him, allowing her head to rest on his white lab coat. Nova was a bit taken aback by the action, it was unlike her father to make physical contact, with anyone. He would chuckle and ruffle her long pink hair about coaxed her to move. "That's why you're here my dear. You're the first thing I ever did right. Now, get the Hell out of my opium den before find some chores for you to do."

Nova would quickly head out, then pause as she looked at the pod, looking back at her father and beginning to speak.

"Keep it. Someday you'll want to conjure up the dead much like I do. The only sort of hoodoo I believe in, the scientific kind..."

Back on the ship, the small trinket would be kept in a keepsake box that kept the pod as fresh as it was the day it was given to her. Soon like everything else, it too would be collected and ready to be discarded. It was for the best, she'd assume.

But still... I'd hate to see it go...

We can't afford to be innocent
Stand up and face the enemy
It's a do or die situation; we will be invincible

User Image

❝...once you utter it, you are it's slave.❞

User Image User Image User Image

xxxx Detainment Room
xxxx 70%
xxxx Guilt Ridden
xxxx Opium

Beloved Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

I'm miss autonomy, miss nowhere, I'm at the bottom of me
                              Miss androgyny, miss don't care, What I've done to me

¤Company: Persephone's Crew ¤Condition: 92% ¤Location: Preparing an Unauthorized Entry onto Alister's ship
                              I am misused, I don't wanna do, Be not your slave
                              Misguided, I mind it, I'm missin' the train

Róisín continued to shriek and race through the crowds of people until she was able to get outside and slip into the cover of night. Her ship had been cloaked and placed away from the others, in a craterous ditch opposite the landing pads reserved for Dionysus’ guests. She had nearly fallen on her way out, and nearly tripped and slid down the side on her way back. At her approach, the ship’s cloaking mechanism flittered away and the doors opened up for her to enter before anyone could notice how out of place it all seemed. A beautiful woman, traveling alone, with her hands blown off, suddenly quiet when she came in contact with a beaten up old medical transport model; was an odd scene just to say the least. It was quite small, perhaps able to fit around five people, and while it wasn’t pretty to look at on the outside from years of being battered and blasted its innards were clean, crisp, and packed with storage containers. A single, yet incredibly comfortable, cushioned chair sat before a panel of controls and a large window at the front of the ship. As the silken woman clambered inside the doors behind her spun into an airtight lock and the ship’s disguise slithered back into place. Kicking over an ornate trunk with the heel of her foot, Róisín spilt its contents upon the floor. Out came a frozen arm, leg, and a few organs; clinking against one another as they were released from their icy tomb. Róisín reached down halfway with her nubs before realizing how absurd it would be to try and pick something up with no fingers. She snarled at her handless forearms, and glanced between her two options. She refused to eat from the floor like a wild animal, so the choice was clear. She raised back up and looked from her left to her right limbs, as though she were deciding which would be most important. She opened her maw, revealing rows of sharp pointy teeth, and bit into her own flesh and bone, crunching through inches of bodily layers like she was made of freshly baked bread. She voraciously chomped away, down to her elbow in a matter of seconds, pulling away with a mouthful of meat. Fluid dribbled down her chin as her chewing slowed and her breathing became sparse. What was left of her glove began to bend and bubble as something beneath its melted fabric crept towards the open wound. Thick onyx goop clumped over the exposed bones and muscle. Viscous liquid rushed from the woman’s veins and pores, stretching and gathering into shapes above her slender wrist. Out poked one, then two, then five whole fingers from the primordial ooze. The jet black hand flexed, the goop pulling taut at first before relaxing into the folds and tender lumps of a human palm. The tacky molten gel twisted and turned, as though it were squeezing out the dark pigments and gradually became lighter. A gradient from shadowy tones to pale pink surged out of the frayed material to the tips of the woman’s milky fingers. She wiggled her new digits, checking to see if they worked. After a few moments she flicked her arm forward and let its monstrous form take hold just long enough to snatch up one of the limbs from the floor for her to munch on as she strutted towards her favorite seat. “Well, Karl, that went a little smoother than expected. No one even questioned wh—Karl?” she inquired as she noticed how quiet he had been. She looked around the room, expecting him to be there floating around and smiling at her. “…Karl?” she called out, a little more formal this time. “Karl,” she sternly vocalized, her brows knitting beneath the mask. “Karl, this isn’t funny.” Her voice rose, slightly trembling with angry fear. “Karl! KARL! KARL WHERE ARE YOU?!” Holding the limb in her teeth, she nearly tore off her skirt revealing the thigh high black stilettos hidden beneath and frantically searched through the fabric, fold by fold, for her only companion. She bit through the corpse’s arm, her anxiety levels rising through the roof as she realized he wasn’t with her on the ship, and it tumbled to the ground amongst the other defrosting body parts. She needed to go back for him she couldn’t leave without him! It must have been that man she had flooded with sedatives! He had been the only one to grab her! No, if Karl had been stolen he would have called for help. Then where could he be? Where was he?!

Before Róisín could rush out of her ship and tear down the walls looking for her best and only friend she heard a soft beeping at her monitor. Her blood soaked face whipped around, wide eyed and teeth clenched. She let out a deep breath and pressed a couple of buttons on her desk to pull up her messages.

“Hi, Róisín! I met some new friends at the party! Can I keep them? I don’t know what that means but I heard one of them say they wanted to keep me! They’re taking me on their ship, but they said you can meet up with us later! I’m sending you my coordinates so you can find us! Don’t forget to have dinner so you’ll be ready to make friends!” ~KarlUser Image

A low guttural growling clawed its way into Róisín’s throat as her eyes scanned over the monitor’s text in Karl’s signature neon green glow. Her left hand clenched into a fist as it completed the twisting and turning of its transformation from sludge into milky skin, and slammed onto the desk before her. She knew it was a bad idea to let him come along. This was exactly the type of situation she didn’t need at the moment. Had he been any other artifact, or any other AI for that matter, losing him would have been trivial. It would have been too dangerous to go after any items lost, as that would only confirm that she had been at the party. But, this was Karl. He wasn’t just some glass slipper to leave around for people to find. He was her knight in shining armor, or rather, her idiot in tin foil. He kept what little sanity she possessed in check. He was the reason she had not completely succumbed to the bloodthirsty beast lurking behind her eyes. It scratched away at the inner walls of her skull, begging to be set wild and free to the world. It howled and screeched at the base of her skull every so often, looking for a way out. Without Karl to soothe the demon’s hunger for revenge, its shackles were loosened and its burning desire to tear the thieves limb from limb surged through Róisín’s veins. Her hands, tense and shaking from wrathful tendencies, instinctively began to darken. Her teeth clenched with force strong enough to shatter enamel. Her mind was made up. She was going after them, and she was going to get her AI back one way or another. First, however, she’d need to freshen up and finish her meal so she could have enough energy to handle whatever situation she was diving head first into. Typing a few commands into her computer system she set a course for Karl’s beacon and started cleaning up her ship’s meager innards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn’t long, by travel standards, till the barrage of ships were weeded out and only a single vessel was left within her path. Her ship’s surface was programmed to reflect certain areas of stars directly opposite of them so that it wouldn’t be visible to the naked eye. Radars could still detect an incoming object, though with no serial transmission or visual confirmation it might as well been a ship shaped asteroid hovering quietly through the deadness of space. She sat at her makeshift throne of cushion and expensive alloy, one arm resting upon its armrest, the other drumming its claws steadily as the computers beeped and displayed information pertaining to the distance of her target. They had, had enough time to relax and enjoy their spoils. It was time someone ripped it away and taught them a lesson they would not soon forget.

A long, metallic, synthetic looking manus craned out towards the vast array of buttons and keys and positioned itself over a large red knob. It tapped thrice, as though it were contemplating if the timing was just right to strike, and pressed down. As her craft entered what she assumed to be their area of detection, her weapons were already charged up and ready to fire. Out came a few blasts of compressed silvery particles that quickly surrounded the ship in a dusty, conductive, cloud. With a flash of fluttering spiraling lights followed an electromagnetic pulse, easily racing through the cloud and rising in power until it made contact with the enemy vessel’s hull and began to short circuit the electrical grid. Equip with surge protectors, Róisín and her ship sped through the cloud and rolling current right up to the aircraft’s side and penetrated the walls with six sharp talons located at its base, anchoring itself like a parasite. While their original intent was to hold onto wayward ships and rescue trapped crew members, they worked equally well as oversized can openers, easily slicing a precise cut in the ship’s wall to keep the airlock secure and providing Roisin’s personal entry to her latest feeding ground.

Karl, still happily buzzing around within the ship’s hallways in his exploration, bounced around as something began attacking the ship. He rolled across the floor, in and out of rooms, squealing happily. “WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” As the light’s shattered and the darkness of space seeped in through the windows, the AI rose back up glowing and providing green light to a good amount of space around him. He zig-zagged across the hall, backtracking where he had just been, in search of his new found friends. “DANI. DANI. DANI. DANI. DANI. DANI. DANI. DANI. DANI. DAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!” screamed the fish. He could hear people nearby; however, he was not that familiar with the layout. Surely, they had to be close, close enough to hear him if he could hear them. He eagerly flipped through his databases, searching for just the right file to play in his excited state. A few static ridden flips of his files flashed across a projection emanating from his globe, eventually landing on an archaic video clip of a classic scary movie.

And I don't know where I've been, And I don't know what I'm into, And I don't know what I've done to me
                              And as I watch you disappear into the ground, My one mistake was that I never let you down
                              So I'll waste my time and I'll burn my mind, On miss nothing, miss everything

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXX Dani’s brows knitted together as she watched Alexei. She was frightened, and delusional it seemed. Still, it seemed she was calming down a few degrees at a time. The blonde continued to talk to her silently, trying to ease her pain. ”You’re fine. No one here is going to hurt you...You’re safe.” She cooed. Absentmindedly, Daniella hand her hands over her braid. Her eyes drifted to Alister as he began speaking and giving orders to search the ship. It was a good idea, in Dani’s mind, to try and get her off of whatever substances she was hooked on. But still, she knew very well it wasn’t an easy process...Biting the inside of her cheek, Dani listened in on those around her. Their voices were quiet, but mostly all thought the same thing, save for one of the crew members who was internally whining about how damn hungry he was. She couldn’t really blame the guy though.

Gunnar was handling the situation quite well in Dani’s opinion. She watched him carefully as he moved with Alexei, doing his best to make sure she didn’t feel threatened or anything of that sort. He spoke evenly to her, much like he had when Daniella had been bleeding all over the place and needed help. Gunnar was good at his job. Alexei was a lucky girl to have someone like him taking care of her. Softly, the girl let out a sigh and shifted her weight. With the situation seemingly under control, Daniella wasn’t sure if she should stick around or not. Really she would only get in the way, but if she could calm Alexei any more it may have been worth it to stay. Calmly her gaze landed on Leon. Alexei had snapped something from around his neck, and the way he reacted was...Well, Dani wasn’t sure what to make of it. ”You’re going to be alright.” Daniella reassured the raven haired girl, giving her a polite nod.

With that she moved to exit the room. Maybe now would be a good time for her to talk to Christian alone. He’d done so much for her, but this wasn’t his place. Perhaps she could convince him to go back home. Maybe Christian could talk to his father and try to shut down the experimentation program. He could help Daniella that way instead of getting shot and crashing Olympian parties...She twisted the end of her braid around her bony finger as she walked. Yes. Christian needed to get out of here...Dani didn’t necessarily want him to leave, but it was for his own well being. She had Alister on her side now, even if he was mad at her for the whole AI situation---but he had every right to be, and Dani wasn’t going to complain if he was rude to her or something.
            She tossed one last glance over her shoulder at Alexei and Gunnar. Hopefully this situation would go as smoothly as possible...But she knew how ridiculous that thought was. Daniella stepped out of the room and started down the corridor, her bare feet pressing silently against the floor.

That was about the time that something slammed into the ship. Dani let out a small sound of surprise and used the wall to support herself. What the hell was going on? But before Daniella could voice her concerns out loud the lights flickered off. In the darkness, Dani could hear the thoughts of the crew members near her. They were slightly panicked, and all thinking pretty much the same thing she had been earlier. The blonde moved in the darkness, her hand feeling the cool wall to guide her. With the rising panic, the thoughts grew more frantic. Dani quickly moved to shut them out, not wanting to deal with that on top of whatever had just crashed into the ship. Daniella bit her cheek and pressed forward, not sure where she was trying to go.

Karl’s voice started off as a soft echo through the ship, but as he came closer and closer he became louder. Daniella started moving faster, trying to find the green fish to figure out what was happening. Was this his friend’s way of getting him back? Attacking the ship. Dani took a deep breath. This was all her fault. She coached herself to take slow deep breaths as she slowly turned up the volume on the thoughts around her. It was low, but enough to keep her from running into anyone who may have been near…

”Christian. Are you alright?” She reached out to him in the darkness. It was easier to find him with her mind than it was with her eyes in the darkness.
            A soft green glow finally came into her sight, lighting up the nearby area.
            ”Karl.”
            He flickered a bit before producing a clip. A movie, one that Dani had never seen...not that she’d seen many movies to begin with. But now wasn’t the time to reminisce on things she had and hadn’t done. Bringing herself closer to the floating AI, Daniella stared at him intently. ”Who’s here?” She asked sternly, not at all liking where this was going. Dani looked over her shoulder in the hallway, suddenly aware of the fact that she was alone. There were no crew members around---just Dani and an eerie green light.

This was not a good situation...

xxxxLocation :: Persephone - Hallway
xxxxCompany :: Karl
xxxxHealth :: 85% - Worried
xxxxTunes ::In Every Dreamhome A Heartache - Talk Normal
xxxxAttire ::Simple

Quinsareth's Husband

Rampaging Sex Symbol

14,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
        User Image

Christian Adam Bernetxxxxxxthe heir to GenEx

xxxxxxxweep » for yourself, my man,
                                                xxxxxxxxx You'll never be what is in your heart
                                                xx
                                                x x WEEP LITTLE LION MAN
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxYou're not as brave as you were at the start
                                                xx↷ *)Rate yourself and rake yourself
                                                xxxx ● ● Tak e all the courage you have left

xxxxxxxxxxxxxWasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

phersephonexx no one // crewxx recovering

Dinner was pleasant. Nova was a good cook, it was a bit of a finer meal then what he ate since this all started. It was a nice change of pace. Food he could enjoy eating. He idly watching Nova playing poker for a bit, but she seemed to dismiss herself after a while. Most likely taking food to Alexei, her friend, and Ben. He still didn't like them being on the ship. But, if they were locked up then they were of no danger to them. He couldn't complain.

As Daniella sat across from him, Christian smiled a small bit. Of course we can, I'm always free to talk to you, and she should of known that. He would make time for Daniella, after all he was making sure that she would get out of here. Far from the hands of anyone who would want to use her abilities for more sinister things. Weapons, its when GenEx made the program. They wanted to make a new form of weapons, ones that others wouldn't have a chance again. A mind reader would have her advantages and many others in the program showed other abilities. Ones that would valuable in war as well. Human weapons, the thought disgusted him. Even more so, the fact his father was funding such a thing. Programs like that would end once he took over GenEx.

Daniella wasn't around for long, she seemed to run off to aid the whole problem with Alexei. It wasn't often Christian would rather see someone suffer, but she had it coming. Finishing his food, he put his plate away and headed back to the room he was staying in. He was ready to get some sleep for the night. It had been a long day and there wasn't much for him to do. Maybe he would ask Alister for some tips on shooting, or even Nova. Someone to teach him a bit more.

By the time he reached his bunk, something hit the side of the ship. He braced himself against the wall, keeping himself on his feel. Regaining his full balance as the lights flickered out. "This is just great," he muttered to himself. At least he didn't close the door to his sleeping area yet, he didn't want to take the chance of it latching closed because they were having power problems. Alister needed to work on his ship a bit more.

Dani's voice soon filtered into his head. I'm fine, perfectly fine. How bout you, got an idea where you are? Though, he doubted it. The ship was dark and he didn't even know his way around it.

The hell was even going on. He could hear the crew scattering about, probably trying to bring the lights back on. He moved over to the bed, rather blindly, feeling around he managed to find a small PDA device that he had been wearing back when this all started. It would have a flashlight use, and hopefully it wasn't dead. Though, the device wouldn't turn on. "Damn must of been an EMP," and in the dark he had no way of rebooting it. He tossed the device back down onto the bed. Daniella was out in the halls, but he wouldn't be able to track her down. At least not without getting lost himself, but it was still worth a try.

Hey Dani, hang still. I'm going to try to track you down. could be another attack of some sort and Christian didn't want to take the chance of someone snagging her all over again. He stepped out of the room and started to head in the direction of where Alexei was being held, Dani might not be far from there. It was a good place to start at least.

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

Watching Gunnar work with Alexei, Alister was satisfied with his decision NOT to shoot the doctor out the airlock at any point. It just reassured him that Rhia was in good hands, and hopefully the rest of them would be too, if it came to that. He still would be a fool to trust Gunnar, fully expecting the man to be the first one to shoot him in the back. As he was in thought, Daniella had left the room, escaping from his side. Then it happened. The impact...the lights...the hair was standing up on the back of Alister's neck as the darkness surrounded them. He had a bad feeling about this. Daniella had told him that someone was coming...and he was pretty sure they were here. Looking over to where Gunnar had been before the lights went out, Alister breathed out, and drew a knife out of his boot sheath. ”Doc, keep attending to your patient. You, unlock the armory, and distribute the weapons. Make sure they’re all armed with flashlights. I think we have company. Make sure everyone knows that opening fire is a last resort. Don’t need to tear anymore holes in the ship. Get someone down to engineering and see if they can get the power grid back up.” One of the crewmen left to follow the Captain’s orders, while the other clicked on the flashlight attached to his weapon, and shined it over towards the Doctor, giving him light to work by. Alister nodded, and took an extra moment to glance at the partially visible form of Leon. ”I’m going to leave the door unsealed. Whomever it is that has come knockin’...well, I’m not going to deprive you all of a fighting chance if they come your way.” With that final statement, he went off to search for Daniella. They just got her back on the ship, and she was in danger...and perhaps she knew more about who it was that was attacking his ship.

An unfamiliar voice was crying out her name in the halls, coming from the little bubble-fish of an AI, who even deployed a cleverly chosen, antiquated movie clip. Alister found himself facing the back of the small blonde’s head, examining the AI with an untrained eye. This was a bad situation to be in, and it didn't help to have Alexei already going psychotic from her withdrawal symptoms. So as not to alarm Daniella, Alister once again awkwardly attempted to think to her, still fumbling with the concept. ”So, your new friend brought his friend, just like you said. Do you have any idea what kind of person we’re dealing with?” Just as it had hit Daniella before Alister made his approach down the hallway, it occurred to him; he and Daniella were alone, in a dark hallway, armed with a knife, and a glowing green fish. A few more moments ticked by, and another revelation hit him. Rhia was in the infirmary, laying in bed, without anyone protecting her. Usually he wouldn’t be worried, except for the fact that she couldn’t even get out of the bed by herself, and they were all in danger. But heading off that danger, if it went for Rhia, meant leaving others vulnerable, and he couldn’t leave Daniella out here to roam the halls by herself. On the flip side, if he took her with him, he could just be making it easier to get her killed.

Meanwhile, Devaro looked up from his comfortable spot in his temporary quarters. No lights? Well, that was inconvenient. There was the dull glow of his computer terminal, as he had been scanning through various notifications and messages, attempting to piece together what was left of his network of contacts and associates. A knock came at his door, and looking around the room, he found himself at a large disadvantage; no weapons, or anything that could be used as such. He hadn’t had the chance to retrieve his personal items from the infirmary as of yet, and he felt quite naked without them. ”Captain Devaro, sir. Open the door.” The voice was familiar, thank God. One of Alister’s crewmen. Liam opened the door cautiously still, and the larger man outside pressed an assault rifle into Devaro’s arms. Devaro responded by clicking on the flashlight, and nodding at the fellow. ”Much obliged. What the hell is going on around here?” The crewman made way for Devaro to step into the hallway, brandishing his weapon, feeling much safer than he had seconds before. ”Something hit us. Captain had me get some eyes in engineering. Far as we can tell, systems were shut off with some sort of EMP. Persephone’s subroutines are slowly rebooting the ship’s systems. It’s going to take some time. Captain Blood has me arming the crew, if you’ll excuse me, sir.” Devaro waved him away, and the large man grabbed his crate of weapons and continued on. He then proceeded down to hall, raising his weapon to shine the slim beam of light through the darkness. Never a dull moment.

Six’s eyes snapped open. She was greeted with an absolute blackness. Was this...was this it? The last thing she remembered was Myone’s face, bloodied, missing an eye, and pain. Now she had awoken, with nothing around her. Had she died, and gone to whatever lies beyond? No, it couldn’t be that...she was still in pain. She was sure that there would be no agony beyond the gate of death. She struggled to her feet, taking her non-existent surroundings. She could hear voices, through the wall next to her, and she assumed that there was no power, through the power of observation. She knew she was on a ship. There was a feeling synonymous to clinging to the metal of a foreign object as it drifted through the vast expanse. She could feel it in her gut. She pulled off her remaining shoe, and tossed it aside, and reached down, tugging out her garter pistol. Good thing whomever had taken her had not checked her for weapons. A rescue operation perhaps, then? From Dionysus’ mansion? But they couldn’t be friendly...friendlies wouldn’t have put her inside a makeshift cell. She was some sort of prisoner. That meant Will was probably around here somewhere. As well as the girl, Daniella. Of course...he had told her not to put too much trust in Alexei. And he had given Daniella free roam of his ship. Either one of them could have somehow got a transmission to Will’s previous party; Alister Blood. And being captured by that psychopath was definitely at the bottom of the list of her of desires. At least she was still alive. But she was locked in this damned room, and had no idea what was going on. She would wait, and listen to the voices next door.

Finally, Rhia was struggling. Once the power went out, she had a bad feeling. She was working to swing her legs off the edge of her bed. They were barely responding to her urging, for they were so very sore. The dark...she didn’t like it. Fear wasn’t quite the word for it, for she wasn’t afraid of the dark. Like most, it was that which lurked within that she had a disagreement with. Her survival instincts were practically shouting at her; if she stayed in this bed, she wouldn’t survive. Halloran had finally found them, hadn’t he? All it would take was a platoon of his troops to march into the med bay and it would be over. As she struggled, her hand struck something, a plate of food that someone had brought her, and it went to the floor, shattering, the sound seeming to echo through the entire ship for far too long. All her muscles tensed up, and adrenaline came rushing in as she swung her legs over the side of the bed, and went to stand. Her legs couldn’t support her, and she collapsed onto all fours. She began to crawl towards the door. She had to get out. She had to get a gun. She had to do something. The darkness wouldn’t take her. Neither would Halloran’s men. Except for over her cold, dead body.

Tipsy Capitalist

User Image

Ʌℓεxεɪ Ϩαηʈɵɢɵℓ∂

"I need a FIX 'cuz I'm going down."

outfit // Masquerade
stamina // 42% and quickly falling - lightheaded, feverish, stimulated (Leon, 89% - angry, worried)
addiction status // withdrawal (paranoia, restlessness, pain, sweating, fever)

"I stormed the gates of Olympus Mons for one of my patients. I would do the same for you, if you would let me."

Relaxation flooded over Alexei as she felt Gunnar's soft words worm into her brain. Though it was incredibly difficult to focus, something about the doctor's presence comforted her. As she looked at him while he did what he did best, a familiarity peaked in her thoughts. His ruffled dust-brown hair, his stern face coupled with those rough green eyes, even the sharp way his jaw ran into his chin...Alexei had never met him before her time on Calypso, no, but she had met his doppelganger.

"I would never let you get hurt, my beautiful girl. My sweet angel."

She smiled at him and reached out to touch his face. A scratchy jawline, most likely from a lack of shaving opportunities the last couple of days. But it felt like cashmere against her fingers. "You're too good to me," Alexei said to him weakly. Looking through her electric gaze, one would be able to notice that while she clearly saw the man in front of her, there were moments when she saw someone else entirely. "You said your name was Gunnar? That's a nice name...strong. No one ******** with you, I bet," she added with a weak laugh. It made her cough, and a few more drops of blood trickled down her nose. Whatever Gunnar was doing, however, it was making her headache go away, and she liked that.

Alexei shielded herself from the devastating force about to collide with her face. To her surprise, however, the thug punched her right in the stomach instead, and whatever gen-mods he had been fitted with sent a concentrated energy flare right through her skin. A scream ripped through the sixteen year-old's body as she crumpled twenty feet away from where she had been guarding herself earlier. Shakily, she pulled out her SPK and shot, only to miss by miles as the man came towards her again. She held her breath, waiting for another miserable impact.

It never came.

The man's shadow loomed over her, but instead of pain, she felt the wind of his body falling away from her and the heat of another's aura standing in front of her. A scream, and a sickening crunch, and then silence. When Alexei dared look again, she saw the attacker frozen in place and yet clearly dead, a look of horror painted across his face and three of his own ribs pierced right through him. The warm aura approached her and knelt down. He brushed her hair from her face and took her cheek in his, before looking down and placing a hand carefully against her belly. She grimaced in pain, but he smiled and rubbed his fingers over her burns and bruises.

"You're very hurt, Arachne. Try not to move," he cooed as he slowly unzipped her bodysuit. She whimpered a little, afraid of being exposed in such an open area, but he was a saint with his touch, providing his healing touch wherever she needed it. His fingers grazed her left breast, covered barely by her bra, and Alexei met his forest green eyes. "I think you're going to have a scar under here. But don't worry. It doesn't mar an inch of your beauty." "I couldn't fight him. He tried to steal our shipment, and I wasn't able to defend it," Alexei said in dismay, rare tears welling up in her eyes. "Everything I've been taught, everything I've been trained for, what's the point? I'll never be able to pay off my debt. I--"

Chapped lips caught hers and silenced those damning thoughts. Alexei let out a small moan of pleasure as his hand traveled down her exposed skin, finding and creating warmth in areas that needed no healing. He only stopped to let her catch her breath. "I never want someone in my employ to face meeting an adversary alone. If you let me, I will make you the strongest woman in Lethe. I promise you."

Alexei nearly melted from his generosity, and she rested her head against him as he continued to touch her, to make her feel so wonderful that any worries floated from her mind. "You're wonderful. You're so wonderful, Dom."

And that's when Alexei saw the little flash of silvery white in Gunnar's medical kit. Though she, like most people, knew next to nothing about medical equipment, she had keen knowledge of what he had stowed away in that treasure chest of his. And like a scheming devil ripping the carpet out from under her, her mind fell back into imbalance and cloudy suffering. For in that moment while she remained in the bliss of memory, she forgot about something even sweeter--the drugs she missed. And that stimulant shot would make the godsdamn headache go away so much faster.

"H-Hey," the raven-haired woman stuttered, starting to tremble again as the color drained from her face, "Y-You know what would make me feel better? That, that right there." Alexei pointed to the stimulant. Why the hell hadn't he given it to her before? It would've cut his process by half, at the very least, and damn, he wasn't a very good doctor if he didn't realize that. She sat up shakily, looking at him desperately. "So come on. You want to help me, right? So give it to me," she begged. When it became obvious he wasn't about to give it away, she lunged for it with an angry yell, prompting León to grab her by the back of her dress and keep her away. She succeeded only in knocking the medical kit over, spilling Gunnar's supplies everywhere. She wrestled herself from the older man's grip and crawled towards him, her hands grabbing the doctor's thighs. "Please help me, Doctor. I need it, you don't get it, you don't get it, you don't get it." He really didn't. But men always responded well to a little enticement, and Alexei knew she could get him with that. She dug her fingers into his thighs and pulled herself into his lap, sweating and looking at him with desire--though mostly for the stimulant. "Come on, I'll give you a little something. You need to relax too, right? Let me. Let me ******** you. That's what you want, right? It'll be nice. All I need is the stim after. C'mon," she whined.

León swore and grabbed Alexei again, pulling her down onto the floor. He was not a fan of this behavior. She was a young woman, addled with burdens too great for her age, and there was absolutely no need for her to whore herself for vices so meaningless. "Get off of him. Do you know what you look like right now? You should be ashamed! Throwing yourself on him like a junkie puta," he snarled, though he really felt more pity than fury. She screeched in response and tore herself from his grip. "You don't...understand...I need...I need this, or I'm going to die. DIE! DON'T YOU GET IT?!" The pain wracking her brain was unbearable. Why wouldn't people just leave her alone and give her the ******** stim?!

And then the lights went out.

It was a split second of silence before muffled chaos. Crew members and guards panicked while principal ship members scurried to figure out what the hell was going on. Alexei didn't notice the change at first, because her eyes adjusted to darkness faster than anything. Most people could probably only see in the room because her eyes allowed a sort of mini light to guide them, though from faraway they looked like still fireflies. Alister shot León a wary glance. ”I’m going to leave the door unsealed. Whomever it is that has come knockin’...well, I’m not going to deprive you all of a fighting chance if they come your way.” It seemed almost like an agreement to make sure Alexei remained secure in the older man's care, but as soon as Alister left, Alexei's paranoia seized her brain. Had Helios come and stolen the light because she betrayed Zeus? But it was because of Dionysus! Not her! And godsdammit, where was that ******** stim?

León glared at one of the guards. "Are you going to give me a gun, amigo, or do I get to beat through this darkness with just my fists?"

Alexei immediately took the opportunity to strike. Like the arachnids for which she was nicknamed, she silently swiped the stimulant from the ground and tiptoed past the men still trying to see in the dark. However, her grace, hampered by her illness, failed her and she slammed into a medical table. León whipped around and thrust his hand forward, but she ducked and buried her fist into the back of Gunnar's coat. She threw him full-force into her older guardian and went sprinting out of the room, into the darkness.

Unfortunately, she hadn't spent enough time on the ship to really know where she was going. The eerie silence, paired with the deaf noise of space, echoed nothingness in her ears as Alexei popped open the stim and jabbed it into her shoulder. A euphoric warmth, remarkably similar to the memory she had enjoyed a short while ago, flooded her veins and a hyper-awareness attacked her senses. Suddenly she could count the quick breaths passing in between her lips and mark each time the metal creaked in a particularly ominous way. She had gotten her prize. And now she was lost.

The darkness swallowed her form with each step she took. It didn't make sense that she hadn't run into another crew member as she traveled down the halls, with her eyes the only beacon in the inky corridors. Still sweating, and becoming acutely aware that the stim was wearing off, Alexei ducked into a room and slid to the floor to take a moment. Should she go back to the medical bay? Where the hell was the medical bay, actually?

Where the hell am I? Why didn't the stimulant work for longer? I need more...damn, I need more...where is everyone? Just relax, Alexei. Count the metal shifts. One.......two........three........four, five, six, s-

The metal wasn't supposed to shift that fast.

Of course, it wasn't metal. When Alexei managed to keep still long enough to listen, she realized it was a clicking sound, like high heels against a floor. Only in this case, the heels were steel and the floor was squeaking. And maybe someone was grinding their teeth.

Whatever it was, it wasn't normal.

Alexei's breath hitched in her throat, and she curled up, shaking, afraid to peer over the window and look into the hallway.

I, too, saw God through mud —
    The mud that cracked on cheeks when wretches smiled.
    War brought more glory to their eyes than blood,
    And gave their laughs more glee than shakes a child.
    Merry it was to laugh there —
    Where death becomes absurd and life absurder.
    For power was on us as we slashed bones bare
    Not to feel sickness or remorse of murder.

- "Apologia Pro Poemate Meo", Wilfred Owen

High-functioning Prophet

ⓞⓜⓜⓐⓝⓓⓔⓡ ⓞⓥⓐ ⓔⓖⓐⓢ

User Image

Nova noticed the lights go out before anything else. She hadn't even noticed that Dani had slipped out of the room undetected until now. She felt a wave of panic take hold of her and she froze, even her spots dimming to nearly nothing as the only lights visible came from two sets of eyes. Her own green ones, and a pair of orange ones possessed by the young black haired woman. However, the more that her flight reflexes kicked in, the dimmer Nova's bioluminescence became. It became much like a dying glow, not even strong enough to carry light much further than the skin it rested on.

Glancing over to Alister as he ordered the crew she watched as a set of glowing orbs came back into the room, one of them however, appeared to not be incandescent, and just a gentle tint of lavender.

God damn it!

It wasn't long before this particular ultra violet light hit Nova, but she would play it cool, knowing that with her black skinsuit no one could see her ultra violet tattoo. Reaching her hand over to her forearm where the tattoo was present Nova would feel bare skin. She'd forgotten that she was still in the dress for Phobos. Glancing over she could see her flesh light up like a Christmas tree. Written there the words L.I.L.E.T.H. MARK II were present. She would cast a glare at the man shining the light at her a sort of growl in her tone as her spots returned back to their glowing state, dancing on the ceiling with her slightest movement.

"Get that out of my face! I can't see anything!" She'd act indignant, trying to play off the event as smoothly as she could. The tattoo obviously pertained to her augmens, but how even she was unsure. Nova would realize as she looked around that Alister had gone, and then Alexei whipped past her. The young green eyed woman would sigh heavily. Alexei was dangerous enough in her state, and now they had her loose and a potential breech while everyone was exhausted or injured.

She would think for a moment on that, realizing that Rhia was likely alone and defenseless. Her mind would start to tactically lay out the ship and the pieces on the board. Alister was likely heading to protect Dani as he was driven by his reputation for unbroken contracts. Liam was likely being equipped and informed by one of the crewman as they handed out weapons and lighting. The prisoners, that was a dangerous thing to try to anticipate, and thus left Rhia alone until rounds made their way all the way to medical bay. That wouldn't do. Who knew how bad the impact affected someone as severely injured as Rhia, and far be it from Nova to believe that Alexei wouldn't finish the job just to get her fix. Without another though Nova would head out to exit the makeshift faraday net that had been protecting her from the blast. While she was certain her belt was not able to turn on, it at least hadn't broken any gravity seals.

Stepping out she reached over to take weapon. Handed to her was a rifle complete with a scope and a bayonet style Bowie sticking out the bottom. She would nod at the craftsmanship. "That'll work."

Without another word she would head into the hallway and make her way down to the medical bay. Nova would pause as she heard a loud clash coming from the medical bay. She rushed as fast as she could, if she was right, how would she react? She'd kill the person trying to kill Rhia, right? Wasn't that how one should respond in a situation such as that? Nova's head flooded what questions and scenarios. She pressed on, got to the med bay and paused as the flashlight scope glided along the walls, looking at Rhia's bed that was empty and a plate that had crashed to the floor. There was a struggle. Nova pointed the light to see the woman on the floor, crawling for her life. It pained her to see the First Mate in such condition, but she saw no signs of an intruder there, which in itself was a great relief.

"Rhia, it's me. Nova." She would click the light off and head over to help Rhia off the floor. First manually pull the medical door closed to keep from any attackers coming in. If there was a breech, which there seemed to have been, she didn't want Rhia in the direct line of fire. The light that came off of Nova's body was enough to light up the room without the bright target that the flashlight turned them into. The light was very subtle, but enough for them to see very dimly around the room. "Are you alright? Did someone come in here? Here, let's get you back on the bed."

Nova would do what she could to guide the woman back to her bed, pulling off the rifle and handing it to her.

"Here. Why don't you take this. I have my own." Nova would state, touching the chainsaw hilt on her side. Bringing the woman back to the bed Nova would stand upright and glance through the medical bay's windows into the blackness that engulfed the rest of the ship. Nova would check on her belt buckle and see about its recover process. Clicking it the digital numbers lit up in red 73%. She would tsk at the though, but at least it was getting somewhere. Nova would click on the comm frequency but nothing but a quiet pop would sound. Which meant she couldn't inform Alister that she was with Rhia, or see if anyone needed backup. Heading over to the windows Nova pulled down the privacy panes three quarters of the way before wheeling Rhia's bed beside it, but propped so that she had a vantage point and a sort of makeshift sniper roost.

Nova moved to the other window, taking the decorative garter pistol she'd handed to Devaro from the counter and checking the chamber for rounds. Full, perfect. She'd muse to herself as she glanced outwards and then ducked back, peering over at Rhia.

"I think we're gonna need to hold down right here at least for now. We need to get you someplace better equipped. The crew's making rounds, but if there's a breech, I'm sure that's what they're working on first. How are you holding up? You think we can do this?"

Nova did her best not to bombard Rhia with questions, but she herself was nervous. This was far too much like the attack on Pierce's ship, and that bore a sense of paranoia and fear from the relatively recent traumatic event.

User Image

xxxx Medical Bay
xxxx 70%
xxxx Terrified
xxxx Bad Company

Cuddly Lunatic

User Image

It's darker than midnight and Gunnar was flat on his a**. Whomever had thrown him was shorter than him and had relied more on leverage than strength. Judging by the colorful Spanish profanity, he'd been thrown into Leon, the smart money said that Alexei had just laid him out - and not in the way she'd promised to earlier. And that means she's probably taken the stim. Wonderful.

"Sara, are you online?"

"Systems online, Doctor."

"Give me some light." The underside of the robot lit up, casting a beam of solid white light onto the floor. Gunnar whispered a quick prayer of thanks that Nova had the foresight to set up a Faraday Cage.

The doctor started loading is scattered gear back into his bag. "Hypo-spray is missing. There's amphetamines in it, but it's mostly adrenaline - enough to keep a modded Marine on his feet when he should be on the ground dying. If she doesn't have the mods to handle it, the shot could kill her. Stress, fear; anything that will put more strain on her heart could cause it to stop altogether."

Gunnar retrieved his pistol from the security officer. It may not be the best thing in a shoot out, but it was designed for ship board combat. No ricochets, no hull breaches, but still effective against bodies. "Somebody get to Rhea!"

The Scandinavian surgeon headed down the hallways. Where would pirate go? Cargo bay? No, I'd either make sure I had control of their ship or that they were sitting ducks. Command or Engineering? No warning shot. EMP all but made certain no communication possible. Not interested in survivors. Disable life support - crew dies. No fight. He headed toward the rear of the ship. Shouldn't be far. Engineering most likely place to set up EMP shielding. Sara hovered along beside him, shedding light along the corridor ahead. Signs were fastened to the wall showed Gunnar the way, and he followed them.

Arriving at the entrance to Engineering, he told Sara to shut off her light. He knelt beside a wall, with his pistol in his hand, and listened to a distant metal clicking.

User Image

Deep Turquoise #00C5CD ==

Beloved Lunatic

User ImageUser Image

I'm miss autonomy, miss nowhere, I'm at the bottom of me
                              Miss androgyny, miss don't care, What I've done to me

¤Company: Persephone's Crew ¤Condition: 92% ¤Location: Back Hallways Near the Holding Cells & Engine Room
                              I am misused, I don't wanna do, Be not your slave
                              Misguided, I mind it, I'm missin' the train

Karl whirred excitedly, not the least bit affected by the situation. At least, he wasn’t as frightened as everyone else on the ship, nor was he worried for the same reasons. His only concern was that Róisín would be in a bad mood about the whole fiasco. He had no idea if she had found the man she was looking for or gotten to dance with anyone during the party. The last he knew, someone had touched her butt. Surely, that was the first step to human dancing, right? How else would someone get a firm grip on her? He’d have to make sure to watch extra close the next time a movie had a dancing scene. Seemingly brought back from his own little world of blissful day dreaming, Karl looked at Dani with a little fishy smile. “My friend! The one I told you about! You said we could meet up later and it’s laaaaaaater!” He spun around in his little bubble, softly glowing in the pitch black hallway. ”I’m sure I have a picture of them somewhere… Let me see,” said the AI as he began to display different files and folders upon his dis embodied screen projection. He was searching far faster than a human ever could; nothing but flickers of light going past the screen for a moment or two before he finally slowed to a visible level. ”Uuuuuuuuumm there should be one here somewhere…” he assured his new found friend. Unbeknownst to the AI, a tall muscular figure had found its way over to the duo in the darkness, looming over the mousey blonde. After a few nonsensical pictures of galaxies, stars, and potato chip bags, Karl finally found what he was looking for. A picture or two of limbs devoid of skin and shred to bits slid past his projection before he stopped on a slightly blurred image. A man, or what was possibly left of his torso, took up most of the picture, a large midnight black claw digging knuckle deep into his flesh. Something, which looked very much like a deep silvery dagger-mouth, was distorted in time at the far opposite corner of the photograph. A single snow white eye gleamed against the mix of fur, darkness, and fresh blood stains. Trapped in the creature’s jaws was the man’s esophagus, stretched out like a rubber band from his throat. It was the embodiment of nightmares; a skin colored creature with fur, a bite force strong enough to crush bone, enormous talons, and a thirst for human blood. A fearsome being, built to kill, was now prowling the ship looking for their stolen AI. The thought was nothing to smile at, and yet there hovered her personal assistant giddy and filled with absolutely no remorse for what he had done. ”There! See? I found one where they’re smiling! I remember this day. That man used to run around slashing people’s throats and stealing their stuff. Bet he didn’t know Skeleton Harvester is better at that than he was!” the fish chuckled softly, looking upon the photo as though it were a fond memory. He had just been glad that Róisín was alright after the whole ordeal. She had taken what would have been a deadly blow to the throat and more than a couple of stab wounds in the attack. It was a good thing he hadn’t gotten far and had chosen to drag her into a secluded alleyway, otherwise Róisín wouldn’t have been able to turn the tables and get herself a free meal. It seemed so long ago now that Róisín was near starving on a daily basis. It had taken quite a bit of time for her to adjust to her new lifestyle. There were times she tried to deny it and eat people food, live as normal humans lived, only to be met with gut wrenching pain and misery. There was no other choice for her now.
                              Karl looked up from the screen and noticed something behind his friend. His head tilted to the side. He knew it wasn’t Róisín, she wasn’t as tall or matte as the figure. Still, it looked a little familiar. Try as he might though, the AI couldn’t quite make out what the shadowy presence was. The screen fizzled away into static, quickly replaced by a bright white light shining directly into the faces of his companions. ”Hello, friend!”An immediate gasp escaped his fishy lips. He hovered closer to Alister’s face, scanning it quick as a flash and searching through his databases for his matching file. ” I know who you are! I know who you are! I know who you are! I know who you are!” he squealed excitedly, flying in circles around the two fast enough to make even the hardiest spaceman dizzy. He skid to a stop and pulled up Alister’s wanted poster, albeit with an updated list of crimes and bounty prices. ”Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,” he whined. ”Why didn’t you teeeell me you knew thee Alister Blood?! Oh! Oh! Oh! Mister B! C-can I have your autograph, Mister B? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaseeeeee?!” begged the star struck little fish. He was beginning to skip and stutter, his little processors functioning too fast to allow his speech program to catch up. ”I collect wanted posters and signatures! I only have a couple, but that makes them special! Oh I can’t wait to show Róisín!!” He had slipped, not once but twice. It wasn’t terribly bad. Skeleton Harvester was a pretty heavy name to drop, the androgynous monster known to haunt the dreams of even the toughest of men. It was like playing Russian roulette to seek out space’s personal boogieman and live to tell the tale. It was only out of desperation, or stupidity, that anyone had managed to tail her without getting bit in the process. While there were a handful of rumors that said it did, occasionally, help those with cybernetic parts those were far and few in between the mass legends and conspiracies that placed the beast’s paws in every other disaster that went on. Rumors had a nasty way of blowing out of proportion, but that wasn’t to say the creature was a welcome guest on anyone’s ship. Skeleton Harvester was still very much deadly and entirely capable of picking off crew members, one by one, without leaving a single body behind. Those that weren’t eaten alive awoke with strange scars, missing organs, or pin p***k markings of something that had either been injected into or sucked out from beneath their skin. It was a chilling reminder that dead men told no tales.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A loud bang echoed through the eerily silent corridors of the vessel, bouncing through each twist and turn of the ship’s bowels. Without a status report from the ship’s AI, it was nearly impossible to tell where the noise had originated from as it raced through the halls like a freight train. Sucked into the space the metal wall panel had been was a doorway with a spiral locking mechanism. As it unfurled a gush of air rushed in, equalizing the pressures of the two aircrafts. There stood a disfigured entity, with arms as large as it was wide, hanging only inches from the floor. A olive beige coattail trailed behind the being like a large flat tail and hooded a menacing toothy snarl. Fur trimming connected at the creature’s chest, concealing any indication of gender. A tight fitting suit of blue stripe markings and blotchy patterning looked like the intricate patterns of a venomous animal’s skin. It was adorned with vial upon vial of mysterious liquid, only the maker knowing which toxin sat where on its body. Onyx pants flared out at the calves give the illusion that the knee high steel-toe boots were grotesque hind limbs of a quadruped standing upright. The tips of her shoes were marked with deep grooves, much like how an animal’s foot appeared to have squared off toes. What stood out most of all were her brilliant white eyes reflecting the smallest bits of light back out into the darkness like twin mirrors. If she was going to find Karl then she needed to work fast while the element of surprise was still on her side and the darkness still gave her cover. She had only had enough time to change out of her party clothing and into her usual uniform, unable to clean the gunk off her face or trim the long alabaster hair that was now balled up beneath her mask. Knowing Karl, he was going to be the loudest member of the ship until someone caught sight of the Skeleton Harvester.

Róisín looked around and cautiously stepped from her personal gateway, making sure she was not already expected by a legion of guards or officers. It took less than a second to assess her surroundings and slink off into the darkness, the door to her ship shutting tight behind her. It became apparent that there weren’t many people bumbling around in the dark or sitting around waiting to be rescued. Whoever had taken Karl knew what they were doing and the precision was almost enviable. Róisín began to wonder if this had all been planned. Was this how she was to be recaptured and dragged back to Cyberteknik’s facilities? No. That wasn’t going to happen. If this was their idea of a retrieval mission then they had made a huge mistake by taking the one and only object that kept her sane and using it as bait. There was blood in the water and a frenzy was about to break out at any moment.

Her boots clicked against the grate. Her headphones hung about her neck, completely silent, allowing her ears to pick up minute vibrations in the air. As if the rhythmic thumping and tiny click of metal on metal was not maddening enough in the tense atmosphere, Róisín raised one of her claws and began to lightly scrape it along the wall. The diamond sharp tips screeched like nails on a chalkboard, only growing louder and more ear wrenching as the echoes overlaid one another. It was only a matter of time until somebody came to investigate. Though her eyesight wasn’t perfect in the dark, Róisín’s irises (or lack thereof) worked much like the tapeum lucidum of a nocturne’s eye. The nanobots cradled within reflected light off their metallic surfaces, allowing her brain to process images instead of succumbing to the darkness and diving into insanity. Something flickered in the distance, something orange, and it caught the beast’s attention as easily as a string would have caught a cat’s. It disappeared as quickly as it had appeared, but she was sure she had heard the clanking of footsteps stomping around in its presence. It was hard to tell whether or not the sound and lights were connected, but she could tell the sound was coming from in front of her and that’s where the lights happened to be. She continued on her pace for a bit more until she could just make out the slight indention of a door in the dim starlight trickling in. She stared, as though waiting for something to pop out or someone to sneeze and blow their cover, and slowly descended to the floor on all fours, her coat covering most of her and her arms taking up the rest. She silently treaded forward, her claws finding the slots in the grate system to lock into instead of clicking against. A large hand reached out and curled around the doorway, each finger as thick as a man’s fist. The creature leaned forward intent on finding her prey inside the tiny isolated room and released a breath hot enough to fog up the metallic surroundings. A maw of fangs was the first thing to peek out from the hallway, a plethora of fluff following close behind. What remained of a nose looked melted, like a burn victim’s warped skin pulled taught over what little cartilage remained. Inky black, but still quite solid, the muzzle was about to enter far enough to discover the prize inside when it paused; the sounds of something fresher coming closer. It stayed there for a couple of seconds, trying to decide if the new noise or the glowing lights were more important, and ultimately deciding the former to be so. It glided out of the doorway as smoothly as it had entered in search of the new sounds, never knowing that it had been only centimeters away from finding a tasty snack. There was a bit of fluttering sound as the monster sped away from the doorway, and the hall was quiet yet again as the creature went in search of the clicks and crashes of something alive.

And I don't know where I've been, And I don't know what I'm into, And I don't know what I've done to me
                              And as I watch you disappear into the ground, My one mistake was that I never let you down
                              So I'll waste my time and I'll burn my mind, On miss nothing, miss everything

Tipsy Detective

User ImageUser Image

xxxx"Speech."xxxxx"Thoughts."xxxxx"Others."

User Image

XXXXXXXX Daniella stared at Karl for a moment as she responded to Christian. "I think I'm...near the armory..." Dani did her best to give him an approximate location. She herself wasn't too sure about where she was. It wasn't like she had time to make a mental map of this place.

Karl spoke, answering her questions excitedly. But Daniella was far from excited, and suddenly the cute little fishie didn't seem so cute anymore.

"I meant later as in...Like tomorrow. And not while floating through space. I meant docking somewhere!" Dani hissed quietly to Karl as she lifted a hand to rub her temple. This was no good. Somewhat distraught, she peeked her eyes open he began searching through his files for a picture. Through the quick flashes, Dani could see a variety of things, some more compelling than others. Silently she shook her head, not too enthused with how things were currently playing out. And as usual, this was all her fault...She should have just...stayed with Ben and Alexei, and had Alexei find another way to escape with her. Coming back here was a mistake. Putting Christian in danger was a mistake. Bringing chaos back to Rhia, who was half-dead, was a mistake.
            All her fault.
            All her fault.

"All your fault."

Daniella tilted her head down and twisted the end of her braid in a frantic manner. This was too much. She was scared, really she was. Being out in the abyss left them so vulnerable, and there was no escape. When Dani had first boarded Persephone she had felt a calming easiness---and that was mostly because Kessel Station had been a crowded mess of fearful thoughts. The ship had been so quiet.
            But now, that wasn't how Dani felt about it. Now she felt trapped. She was locked in this metal box and had no escape. No freedom. It was just a bigger cell. What was she going to do? What was Karl's friend going to do? How was she going to get out of here? Daniella's mind raced, but eventually she came to a halt as she heard Christian responding to her. Dani took a few deep breaths and rubbed her tired eyes.
            "Alright...Stay safe. If you can hear this AI rambling, follow that." She replied.

Another stream of consciousness, directed at her. Alister. Daniella squinted and shook her head, knowing full well the tall brute was behind her. "No. He's trying to find a picture, but whatever it is it can't be good..." The small female shifted and crossed her arms as she began to feel more and more insecure. All her fault. Daniella turned around to face the Captain. Her grey eyes locked on him, weeding through his thoughts. His attention was now on Rhia. Dani nodded to him with a pained expression.
            "You should go to her. She needs someone. I don't know if anyone has made it to her yet, the medical bay is too far away---" Dani cut herself off and fell quiet. That was...quite a slip up. It was bad enough that the GenEx scientists knew she had a radius---thankfully, Dani had been smart enough to lie about the size and claim it to be smaller than it was. But as far as Alister had known, there was no limit. Daniella bit the inside of her cheek, knowing that he probably would take note of her wording. But would it really matter? If they all died would it even matter?

The flickering light finally stopped as Karl came to a rest on one picture. Daniella turned to look at the image, and her eyes widened. What the hell was that? Was it a person? Dani took a step backwards, unintentionally bumping into the taller figure near her. "Sorry." Dani apologized quietly as she moved forward again, putting a small distance between the two of them. Her mind wasn't steady right now. It was twisting with all sorts of thoughts and she couldn't concentrate on anything. Karl chirped happily about the picture he had picked out. Smiling? That was a smile? Daniella kept her arms crossed and moved her eyes to the floor. Skeleton Harvester? Dani shut her eyes. Somehow that was ringing a bell. Like a story or something, but she couldn't place it. But if the name was a literally interpretation...well...it didn't make Dani feel any better. They were all going to die. Their skeletons would be harvested and they'd all die while Karl and the Skeleton Harvester sped away laughing and covered in blood. And it was all Dani's fault.
            She uncrossed her arms and rubbed her eyes again. They were stinging now, but Dani managed to hold back her tears. She was just so...angry, and scared, and...Emotional. It was an odd feeling for her. Most of her life she'd been forcing herself to remain calm all the time...

Karl greeted Alister as he noticed the man.
            And then something strange happened. Dani flinched as the AI gasped and began to go absolutely bonkers. She watched him go in circles for a few second, but the swishing green orb was making her dizy, and she already wasn't in the best of conditions. Daniella dropped her gaze and stepped to the side so that she could lean against the wall. Once he stopped moving Dani looked back. He pulled up Alister's wanted poster and whined.
            "I didn't know you were such a fan." Daniella supplied in a dry tone, not really amused by Karl. She was much too worried about everyone being slaughtered. Daniella brought her fingers to her lips in thought. She had to do something. This was her fault and she needed to fix it. If everyone died and she didn't even try to save them...what kind of person would she be then? But Karl's voice was piercing. Asking for autographs...Daniella listened, catching on to a name that Karl dropped. Róisin...That was the Skeleton Harvester? That name didn't sound nearly as terrifying.

That didn't change the fact that Daniella's stomach was twisting into knots though.
            Faintly, Daniella could hear an awful screeching sound coming from another area of the ship. She winced, eyes drifting to Alister to see how he would react. What kind of plan did he have for this? He seemed to do well under pressure----then again, this was a different playing field. The ship had already been compromised...And obviously someone with murderous intent was on board now.

It dawned on Daniella that while everyone else knew that something bad was going on, the only people who had any clue as to what or who they were dealing with were Alister and herself. Everyone else was a sitting duck. They hadn't been privy to the image and the namedrop Karl had supplied.
            Daniella's thought screeched to a halt. Christian---he was close enough by that she could still communicate with him. She needed to get to him though.
            Her eyes moved from Alister's face to the dark hallway behind him. Slowly, Daniella moved her legs and began walking. She moved past Alister as the gears in her head started turning again. She had to get to Christian. She needed to make sure he was safe. "Christian. We have company. Do you know anything about a Skeleton Harvester? Where are you?" Daniella was growing more and more panicked. She continued moving away from Alister, heading further into the darkness fueled by her worry...

xxxxLocation :: Persephone - Hallway
xxxxCompany :: Karl & Alister
xxxxHealth :: 85% - Worried, Scared
xxxxTunes ::In Every Dreamhome A Heartache - Talk Normal
xxxxAttire ::Simple

Hilarious Inquisitor

User Image
User Image

The second that solitary beam of light struck the walls of the med bay, the pirate laid herself flat, ceasing any movement immediately. She didn’t want to give the indication that someone may be inside. But then she saw Nova, a familiar face, and continued her crawl, confident that she could at least make it to one of the ship’s weapons lockers and grab a rifle. Rhia’s steely eyes met the pink haired woman’s gaze with an understandable amount of frustration. At first, when Nova attempted to help her, she tried to resist, but eventually gave in when she realized her battered body didn’t have as much fight in it as her mind did. ”I almost thought you were someone coming in here to try and kill me. Only for a moment though. Not like I could have given them much trouble it it were.” The words rolled from her tongue with some sort of resentment and scorn for her current predicament. She was used to being strong, defiant, and hated needing someone just to help her off the cold floor, after she had attempted to crawl away to freedom, or more likely, a bullet to the head. ”Don’t tell anyone how you found me, or I swear to God, Nova, it might be the last thing anyone hears from you.” The threat could have been simultaneously real, and a playful joke, but at this point, it wasn’t exactly clear. Sort of how Rhia wasn’t exactly clear on how she felt about Nova. Something was off about the pink haired woman. The Captain seemed to like her, making her first mate while Rhia recovered, which she fully endorsed, knowing the woman’s reputation. That, and he saw fit to enjoy her company a couple times. But, just as it had crossed Alister’s mind once before, it crossed Rhia’s. She had been at Alister’s side for a long time, and knew him better than most. And Alexei...Alexei wasn’t the first woman to sleep with him, and then stab him in the back. She didn’t have a bad feeling about Alexei, however, so may all of this was for naught. But this vibe she felt...she’d had it a few times before, and the person often had something about them that wasn’t to be trusted. She brushed the feeling aside, more concentrating on the fact that Alexei had turned out to be untrustworthy, and she had been wrong about that, so she could be imagining this as well.

”I’m...fine. Was hoping I could get to weapon locker or something. If someone is on the ship, I couldn’t just let them take it. You may be filling my position, but that doesn’t mean I’ve given up my obligation to the Captain, or to his ship. Just knocked a stupid plate over on my way down…” Rhia took a last look at the plate, a bit mournfully. Poor plate. With Nova’s help, she was back in her bed, sore from her little expedition to the deck. She took the rifle from Nova gratefully, giving it a quick once over, checking the chamber, magazine, safety, and testing both the sight and the flashlight. Rhia gripped both the weapon and the bed tightly as Nova moved her into a more favorable firing position, before taking her own at the opposite window. Rhia grinned over at Nova, getting herself into a comfortable position to kill some bad guys. ”The Captain will have this all sorted out shortly, whether it be Dommies, Olympians, other pirates...or whatever else is dumb enough to try and board us. I’ve got faith...as long as he keeps the girl safe, we have nothing to worry about. Don’t want her getting into any more trouble. As long as Daniella is safe, and Alister is safe...I can hold out as long as we need to. I’ve started to get the feeling back in my body, and not just because I’m off the drugs. There’s a s**t ton of pain...but I bet in a few weeks, I’ll be good enough to walk again, at the least. You just worry about keeping us both alive, lass. And I’ll worry about putting these bullets where they belong; in our enemies.” She winked, and after her oddly soft tone when speaking about Daniella, a little spark of ferocity had jumped back into her words. She was getting better, it seemed...or at least she made it seem like it. She made sure one more time that there was a round in the chamber and that the safety was off, and watched for any approaching adversaries.

Devaro had a similar idea to Nova, as it seemed. In his head, he was mapping out the passages of the Persephone, which he had ample time to explore, trying to find the most efficient way to get to the medical bay, and ensure that Rhia was going to be alright. Of course, first, he had a stop to make. Out of the others on the ship, the only people who knew where the pirates and scallywags aboard, and with Alister being...well, Alister, and Rhia in the medical bay, that left Nova. It was time to make sure that she was alright. He didn’t doubt that he could handle herself, but this was not a very good situation to be in, alone. Plus, perhaps she could use some comfort. Devaro was definitely willing to supply some of that. He’d been waiting for a good opportunity since Calypso. That, and he wasn’t quite as burdened with thoughts against it like Alister had been, momentarily. She practically implied her availability, after all. And he had to repay her for saving his life, right? His movements were careful and deliberate. No need to attract whatever was invading the ship. The light shined in the shadows, cutting through the dark with ease. Maybe it was just the aura of uneasiness in the ship, but something made the darkness feel darker. Devaro could hear footsteps behind him, and turn to see no one there. Maybe it was his imagination...or one of the crew, moving around to check on systems, or pass out munitions.

He knocked, lightly. There was no answer at the door. He knocked again, waiting to see if Nova would respond. Perhaps she thought him the enemy. That would be intelligent thinking, obviously. ”Nova, it’s Liam. Open the door, if you’re in there.” He waited for a moment, and found there to still be no answer. He decided to move along to his next objective; ensuring Rhia was safe. Through the winding halls of the Persephone he proceeded, stopping only to rest for a moment, when he thought he heard something. A not-too-close, yet not-too-far clicking against the metal plating of the ship. Something was walking around...and the fact that it wasn’t he heavier thud of boots on metal that most of the crew were wearing, he became a bit leery of the noise. Another imagining, or something real, he asked himself. Once again, he shook off any horror that started to creep in, and continued on his mission. A light seemed to beam out of the medical bay as he approached, and he spoke, maybe a bit too loudly, as he neared the entrance. ”Do me a favor and don’t shoot my face off, eh? Whoever you are, hiding in there.” Counting on the fact that they were friendlies, and they weren’t going to shoot his face off, he stepped up to the door, and pulled it open, stepping inside with a tight grip on his rifle. He glanced around, seeing Nova, and Rhia, and them becoming acutely aware that all he was wearing was a pair of grey pants and steel-toed boots he had borrowed from the crew locker. And being the man that he was, even in the midst of the darkness and probable danger, he grinned at the two of them. ”Why, hello ladies. Fancy meeting you here. Good to see you’re up and ready to kill, Rhia. And Nova dearest, as deadly as ever.”

Six was unsure of how long she had been sitting in her little cell. With her small pistol in her hand, she stared at the door, wondering exactly how easy it would be to blow the lock off with a shot or two. Sure, she could run the calculations in her mind, and pretty much visualize the scenario, and the unknown variables aside, she could easily conclude that she was probably better off staying in her cell. Without any form of power, and the unknown terrain, it wasn’t like being able to roam free was going to help her. She wouldn’t be able to make outside contact, and if she was found skulking around, well, it probably wouldn’t take much for someone to either perceive her as the newfound threat and eliminate her with prejudice, or at least drag her back into her cell. She was still exhausted and weak from her little fight in the mansion. One of the goons on Alister’s crew would probably be easy, but the man himself...that fight would be a bit more complicated, and she wasn’t confident in her abilities as of now. There was also the real threat to take into account. Whatever or whomever it was that used an EMP to disable the ship was aboard with a purpose. By all stretches of the imagination, that purpose was most likely not going to be a positive one. She was in between a rock and a hard place. She was working at the disadvantage of being captured, and the ship around her that she could have used against her captors was without power. She would have to sit tight, and wait. Either Alister and crew would prevail, and she would eventually be found conscious by the crew...or they would all die, and her escape would be that much easier.

Karl was a curious little object. Alister was still a little astonished at the AI’s overall mood. He was so cheery and energetic, even when he was literally heralding some new nightmare for the crew of the Persephone. It hadn’t seemed to notice him at first, and it appeared to be flipping through images, searching for a picture of his ‘friend’, the one who was currently attacking his ship. The picture he stopped on...was horrifying. It even sickened Alister a little bit. The torso of the deceased man, thankfully, was nobody Alister knew. He didn’t have any idea why that would be reassuring. The figure in the back of the image was monstrous, vicious, and murderous at a level that made the psychotic outlaw shudder. And even worse to imagine...this little AI, this bubble-fish...it had most likely captured said image, after its master tore the man apart and devoured his flesh and blood with its mouth full of daggers. And then, with the same joy Karl had been expressing the duration of his stay aboard the ship, he boldly implied that she was smiling, and dropped a name. And it was one that Alister recognized. If he believed in Gods, he would have possibly thanked them that it was too dark for Daniella to see a flash of horror cross his face. He heard the stories, the rumors, the things that people said about this darkest of myths. The Skeleton Harvester...it was on par with an old wives tale, meant to keep children in line...only, Alister knew that this one was true. He had never seen her before, but he had once known someone who was their victim, posthumously, of course. He had seen the horrors it was willing to inflict upon others for its own psychotic goals. To the most dangerous man in the system, this was something a bit out of his league.

And then Karl focused on Alister. The little AI become abuzz with even more excitement than Alister thought possible. Then again, he didn’t have to worry about being ‘harvested’, now did he? And in his excitement, he let another name slip…one that was far less threatening than ‘The Skeleton Harvester’. He said Roisin, and that was about as flowery of a name as you could get. While the pirate didn’t want to jump to conclusions, he was now convinced that this mysterious creature was in fact female, and if it had such an obviously female name, and such a friendly little companion, it had something even more frightening come to mind; it wasn’t just some freakish monster that haunted people’s nightmares. It wasn’t some simple psychopath, who had lost whatever humanity it possessed and became some sort of murderer and scavenger. No...they were dealing with something that was still, in some way, even the smallest way, human. Human enough to be willing to kill a ship full of people to reclaim her AI companion. That was both a horror, and a way out. Horrible, because that meant that this thing was on a level of despicable that was beyond was Alister was willing to do, the heartless pirate still having some sense of values, though not really anything close to a normal person. He’d probably kill an entire crew of people, no matter who they were, if someone he cared about, like Rhia, had ended up on their ship mysteriously. But, the way out...perhaps she could be bargained with, or convinced. Perhaps she would take her companion, they could explain the misunderstanding that this seemed to be, and get on with their lives. Instead of ending them, of course. And he would still do his best to murder the damn thing if it didn’t seem that she would let them go. Or he would die trying. Some of the fear was gone now, but replaced with apprehension. And the little bubble-fish was still so excited, asking for his autograph. To Alister’s credit...or maybe not, he chuckled and grinned, and he almost forgot the situation, the smug b*****d, as he nodded, looking at the image of himself.

”Sure thing little buddy.” He replied, gently moving his finger towards the AI. ”Your name is...Karl, right?” He had heard the name, possibly from Dani, possibly from someone else who saw her talking to it, but he was sure it was right. On the screen the little AI had, he scrawled his name, along with the words, ‘To Karl - ******** the Dominion’. It was pretty appropriate, seeing as the wanted poster was an official Dominion document. He continued to smile at the little fish, crossing his arms. ”Hope you like it…now how about we find your friend. Just explain to her that…” He had to tread carefully, speak to this AI on his level. ”That you just came along for a ride. You got to meet me, I signed your poster, we’re all friends here now. Nobody needs to get hurt, and I have no intention of hurting her. I’m sure she would understand that in the chaos at the party, Daniella here merely grabbed you to save you from those Olympian soldiers, and the building collapsing. And then you can go back with her, and she can leave us in peace. We can all be friends here. What do you say, Karl? I think your friend, Roisin, and I might get along.” Hopefully this would buy them a chance, having the little AI on their side. And hopefully this Roisin character was willing to see some reason. Judging from his modicum of experience with her work, however, Alister wasn’t sure how likely that would be.

High-functioning Prophet

ⓞⓜⓜⓐⓝⓓⓔⓡ ⓞⓥⓐ ⓔⓖⓐⓢ

User Image

At Rhia's words Nova beamed over with a soft smile. Shaking her head at Rhia's comment. Without a doubt, whether she was fully capable or on death's door, Nova was certain Rhia would have no issue even then handing someone their a**.

"I'm sure you could still cause a whole mess of hurt if you wanted, but thankfully you don't have to prove me right today. We got this." Nova could tell that Rhia was dissatisfied with the situation, and how could she blame her? It was only after the platinum blonde threatened the younger pink haired woman that her gaze in the dimness of the room softened greatly. Despite their obvious personality differences, they really weren't so different. At least, not in this regard. Nova knew how hard it was to rely on others, in fact, that was one of the biggest parts of what put her in the mess she'd gotten herself into. Nova smiled warmly and then turned to face the window once again as she checked their surroundings. "The way I found you? When I got here you were sitting in your bed chucking a damn plate at me ready to kill me, what are you talking about how 'I found you?'"

Nova chuckled casting a grin over at the older blonde haired woman, the secret was safe with her. No one would know that Nova found her on the floor, and no one ever needed to for that matter. Nova heard the woman as she spoke on her obligations to her Captain and her heart went out to the pirate. She knew exactly that feeling. Sure, Nova had a sort of different dynamic with hers, but she knew that unconditional loyalty and dedication. One she was unsure either of those men truly understood or could even fathom to wrap their heads around, but she knew exactly where Rhia was coming from, how important those obligations were.

"I really do understand Rhia. Trust me. I failed to uphold my obligations to Captain Pierce, and I wont stand in the way of anyone trying to keep theirs. I wouldn't wish this sort of burden on anyone..." With that her mind began to fill with thoughts, flooding with disappointment and self resentment. Looking out the window she wished she could just have the kind of pinnacle of strength that Rhia possessed. Maybe then, things would have gone differently. But this moment, hiding in the shadows like this, only reminded her of that night. The massacre of pirates left and right; it had been less a battle by the end and more like slaughter of livestock. She'd even think back on the docking port to the emergency shuttle that she used to escape, and the nearly twelve foot pillar of flesh of her fallen allies waiting in the port for her to see. She would swallow hard her hand shaky as she tried to get hold of herself again.

At Rhia's mention of Dani Nova said nothing. It was as she had said to Alister, the girl was dangerous, and having her on the ship left everyone at risk of capture. If they made it out of this, she would be foolish to assume this would be the last breech they would face. Hell, with Halloran on Alister's a** and after the girl being abducted back on Calypso it really didn't leave much room to assume otherwise. It never even struck her that the two incidents could be unrelated. Nova was just certain that bad luck followed the telepath. "Well, I'm glad to see you're doing well. Now let's just get whoever is responsible for this and get them gone."

It wasn't long before there was an eerie sound that echoed and wormed its way through the hallways. At the sound and sight of a figure coming near Nova made an unusual clicking sound in response, it in itself sounded like something out of a horror movie. But it was obviously involuntary as she covered her mouth before keeping her aim locked on the dark figure coming closer and closer to the door. Finally she heard a familiar voice and the door opened. Liam. What a relief it was to see him. Still a bit frightened she looked him over, checking for bites, scratches, or any other signs of attack.

"Liam, I'm so glad to see you're alright. So, do you know what's out there?" The most peculiar part of that question being that who had been replaced with what while Nova's imagination had run off with her. Which, wasn't entirely her fault. Pierce knew she was terribly Xenophobic and thus absolutely required her to watch terrifying movies that let the young woman's fears ignite like wildfire. He was almost insulted by the notion, and took great pleasure in exploiting her irrational fears.

Finally Nova lowered her gun and smiled at Liam. He was the same as always, and that gave some sense of relief within all the chaos around them. Some sense of normality. She'd register that he was shirtless and blush a bit, which was mostly unseen in the poorly lit room, but her spots would glow a few lumens brighter in tandem with the darkening of her face. Nova would smile towards the flirty pirate, doing her best to regain her total composure and return back to her look out spot.

"And you're looking as deviously ready for action as ever. Hope all that time on Calypso hasn't made you soft, space is nothing like sitting there at your desk in that fancy a** penthouse of yours..." She'd chuckle casting an impish grin at him, obviously trying to playfully tease the man.

User Image

xxxx Medical Bay
xxxx 70%
xxxx Terrified
xxxx Nightmare