Bump, I'm a scientist.

SaucePump's Waifu

Anxious Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Marathon 300
Bump! I am hoping for male characters or non mutants smile
Bump! Plus also are we allowed to start our intro's yet? Or will you?

Magic Hero

Bump!

When can we start?

SaucePump's Waifu

Anxious Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Simon Gilbert
╚══════════════╝

Simon was sitting calmly in the waiting room, which was better for him to be outside in the light snow. He drinking his first glass of red wine solely because it made his voice sound better than normal. It made his words sound smoother. He sighed and looked around. Tapping his feet as he did so. He pulled back his lab sleeve and glaced at his watch. It was his turn. The moron ahead of him must have been taking his own time. "Oh for the name of science, why can't that buffoon get off the damn stage." He growled irritated. He started to pull his sleeve back down when he felt the scar on his hand. Oh how it had hurt when that little b***h had pushed him into the chemicals. Though, of course, she wasn't alive to breathe a word of it anymore. He smiled and stood up glacing around the room. He set his glass on the table next to him. He had just picked up a porcelene doll when a figure emerged in. "Dr. Gilbert, we're ready for you now..." The camera man spoke. Simon cleared his throat and adjust his tie before following the man out. The man motioned to a podium and Simon made sure everything was fine. He lab coat fluttered in the soft wind. Nice effect... He though to himself. "We're on in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" The camera man said.
"Hello citizen, I stand here today with grim news. As you may have noticed the city has been baracaded in. This is because we have 11 unstable experiments running around bent on destroying everything. Although they may look human, I warn you, do not be fooled by their appearences, these are monster. Behind stands our new city's defense. The captors." He says motioning to the people behind him. "I promise you citizens, these vermins will be caught and dealt with. I will make sure this city is restored to it's normal place." He noticed in the last sentece his hand grabbed the podium with such force his nails dug into the wood. He pulled them out and back to his side. "Thank you and good day" The camera man counts off again and Simon leaves the stage. This annoucement was live. He wondered how he did. His assistant ran up with a frappicino which he took without hesitation. "Mhm, thank you." He said taking a sip. His assistant began to drone about his plans today as the captors filed off the stage one by one to begin their duties. Simon sighed. "Cancel it all, I'm going to go explore. Maybe find an experiemnt or trouble." He says calmly. "But sir, the Commander-" She starts. "Let him wait, I have work to do." He says walking calmly away from her. The smell of gingerbread brings him to outside the bakery. He took a sip of his frappicino and walked inside.

Friendly Fairy

User Image
Nikki was walking past the store when Simon's announcement played on the tv in the window
((i hope that works)). 'Great!' Nikki's fist clenched as Simon called them vermin, unlike her Isa was a good person who just had bad luck.

'What?'

'I didn't think they would go this far.'
Nikki said pulling on her scarf. It was the only thing Isa had left of her real parents. Isa had been wrapped in it when she was left on the doorstep of the orphanage.

She took great pride in keeping it undamaged and clean, so she had naturally brought it with her when she was taken to the labs. She wore it all the time until people started dieing. That was the first time Nikki had control and the first thing she did was hide the scarf to keep it safe. The only reason they had it now was because Nikki made sure to grab it when they were escaping.
Nikki looked at the tv though the announcement had ended, 'to bad our power isn't good at finding things.'

'Why? What do we need to find?'

Nikki rolled her eyes, 'if we could find the others we would be able maybe exchange them for our freedom.'

'I don't know if I want to do that.'

Nikki shook her head as she started to walk again not wanting to be in the same place for all that long, 'If we don't they'll get us. Do you really think they'll let you keep talking to me? They would probably blame your escape on me.'

'No I don't want you to go!'

Nikki flinched, when either of them shouted when talking like this if felt like the other was yelling in thier ear. 'That's why we need to work with the scientist. Okay?' She smiled as she saw the cafe, they hadn't eaten.

'What if they betray us?'

Nikki chuckled, 'then I'll take care of them.'

'But....you don't like killing.'

Nikki rolled her eyes at that, 'I don't need to kill them to take care of them. Shooting them in the arms a few times, making them unusable should stop them for a little while. At least long enough for us to get away again.'

If Isa had been in control she would have shook her head, 'okay. I trust you.'

'Good. First food then we go find the others.'

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
·÷±‡±¢a**¡a±‡±÷

We'd be so less fragile if we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel
If we built an armor for our tender bodies
Could we love each other?
Would we strive to feel?

There was the small sound of a can being rattled as small cat with a torn ear crawled out from an alleyway. Cassia felt a bit guilty taking the identity of a stray who she had seen laying in the road, but knowing that the dead cat wouldnt be wandering around as her doppleganger or easily found where she had hidden it made it easier to blend in. Her head was aching from the bright light as her pupils constricted. She had intended to get out of the city but with armed guards keeping her from leaving she decided to simply play the part of a cat and at the very least survive.

She couldnt deny that getting free food was a bonus though. Cassia purred and rubbed the ankle of a child holding a delicious looking sandwhich and began to eat when a piece was placed down on the ground. Although it wasnt much in the end with all she got it was enough to fill her stomach a bit. She just hoped that she wasnt caught anytime soon.

Sun in the sky,
I am stopping you from burning
All we need is stars and moon
Clock on the wall,
I will keep your hands from turning
Or this night will end too soon

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
User ImageUser Image
Amelia Roberts

Crowded streets are cleared away one by one
Hollow heroes separate as they run
You're so cold, keep your hand in mine
Wise men wonder while strong men die

Slender fingers gently traced the evidence of experimentation on young skin. The red-brown scales contrasted starkly with the young woman's otherwise clear skin. Turning her head the woman looked over her shoulder to look at the scales that ran down her back, unlike those on her hands these were not all one colour. Instead taking up a pattern that she had yet to identify as belonging to any particular snake species. A sigh escaped her lips as she walked away from the cracked mirror. If the young woman stayed still too long it was more likely that they would find her. She scooped up the blanket that had been her bed and any other evidence of her being there and hid it away in a nearby closet. It would only draw attention if she carried it around with her. Hopefully she would be able to return to this place. Picking up her long jacket she pulled it over her condemning appearance, followed by a pair of gloves to hide her hands. Looking back at the room her eyes scanned for anything that could give away her presence. Finally satisfied she swept out of the room and down the stairs.

Stepping out into the air the woman, one Amelia Roberts, took a swift intake of breath. Snow. She hated snow. Practically able to hear the screeching tires and the crash of metal being crushed. Shrugging it off she walked away from the orphanage without a backwards glance. The one plus about this accursed weather was that nobody would question her choice of clothing. Seeing someone wrapped up in the snow was hardly unusual. Now was just the question of where to spend her time. The town was only so big and she couldn't stay anywhere for too long without the chance of being seen increasing. Better to keep the order erratic as well so there was no chance of predicting her movements. In that case choosing at random seemed the way to go. Amelia liked both the bakery and the library, but the bakery and its warm interior was definitely looking more hospitable right now. Ever since the experiments Amelia had always enjoyed anything that provided warmth. Adjusting her path she headed in the direction of warmth and pleasing smells.

Her plan however was aborted when one step inside revealed one of the last people she wanted to see. Amelia would remember each of their faces for as long as she lived. Twisting on her heel the young woman swept out of the building, heading instead for the library. No visits to the bakery today, she would hide out among the shelves of books instead. Amelia walked away from the shop as quickly as she could without breaking into a run whilst silently praying to any god she had ever learned the name of and those she hadn't that that poor excuse for a man had not seen her.

Show me how it ends, it's all right
Show me how defenseless you really are
Satisfied and empty inside
Well that's alright, let's give this another try

Magic Hero

T E T R A

nobody owns the sky...

female┊ bird-kid ┊ 15┊ straight

Hidden beneath the layers of green-and brown, dewy leaves still wet from the heavy rain that had occured last night, Tetra sat calmly, hidden from sight, on a high branch of a strong oak tree in the midst of the city park, one leg swinging off the side of the thick tree limb as she glumly watched the park-goers go about their more cheerful days.

Particularly, her interest right now was directed towards a young man sitting on the park bench below her tree, listening to a local news report on his computer. She could only hear the louder bits and pieces of the announcement from where she was perched on the tree, but what she could hear certainly didn't do much to help her mood. Being called a"monster" and "vermin" definitely was never something that would make you feel good. These were dark days for the mutants like her, all right. With the added addition of even more people searching for her, she could hardly get any chance to fly anymore without being spotted, and had to hide her big, chocolatey brown wings under a large windbreaker to avoid being spotted. Her worn-looking clothes and general fugitive appearance did little to help her blend in.

Tetra sighed heavily, her tightly closed wings fidgeting restlessly under her coat, aching to be stretched out and exercised. Oh, how she yearned to be able to fly without fear of being shot down like a duck from Duck Hunt! Her brown eyes, looking across the park, came to rest on the laboratory that stood just outside the park. Just looking at that place made her want to vomit already, thinking of all the pain that had occured there, to small children like she had once been.. What a bummer.

Tetra grew bored with her perch on the tree quickly, and wishing she could just leap out of the tree and soar away, began to awkwardly attempt to climb down and appear normal so she could evade suspicion for now and get a bite to eat. She normally needed a lot of calories anyway from all the energy flying took, but since she had been forced to take a sort of flying hiatus, she hadn't been quite as starving all the time as she used to be. Still, she was still a growing teen. Ooh, maybe I can head for the bakery and get a donut, or to the store and get some candy or something. The owner of the general store is always so understanding, it'll be nice to go there and see a friendly face, but the bakery is so warm and inviting and safe...I think I'll go there today, Tetra pondered to herself, passing a pair of done-up girls about her age with snide expressions on their faces, looking disdainfully down at her and snickering as Tetra passed them by. Tetra repressed the strong urge to punch their faces in with all of her willpower and, fists clenched, walked quietly out of the park and in the direction of the bakery.

((OOC: This looks a lot longer than it actually is eek ))

SaucePump's Waifu

Anxious Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image

╔══════════════╗
Simon Gilbert
╚══════════════╝

Simon's hand had just gently rested on the glass door handle when he heard exceding footsteps in the snow. He turned and noticed one of his experiments getting away. Snake. Or at least that was what he called her. He wasm't one to really ask names of someone whom he didn't want to know. Rather than chase after her he pulled out a small journal and a pen writing down her appearence and the last time she had been seen and where about. He smiled and put it away. He was curious to see how this game would end. He pulled the door open and walked into the warm interior of the bakery following the scent of fresh gingerbread cookies. He took another sip of his frappicino. He looked at the cookies before buying a dozen of them. The bakery started to ask questions about the mutants. Simon shook his head. "Please don't worry about it, simply don't let any kids who seem broke, jobless, or out of order in. And contact us right away." He said in a soothing voice. He was used to having to deal with people who wanted to know things. The bakery thanked him and gave him a discount. Simon nodded and walked out of the bakery to see another experiment heading towards there. He took out his map and put a red circle on the bakery. He would need some captors to watch this place. My my, where are my little captors when I need them. With all these experiments runnning around it can't be too hard to conner one. He looked at the girl. Was this the one who could fly? Goddamn there was too many of them. It actually was starting to give him a headache. He couldn't help but wonder why they were so free to walk around. Did they even know what freedom was or that they were made to help keep it. He sighed and pulled out a cookie before sitting on the bench outside of the bakery just watching to see how the mutants would react. He bet they would just run.

Friendly Fairy

User Image
Nikki entered the cafe and looked around to see nothing out of the ordinary. She took a seat in the darkest place she could find getting comfy as she did so. the music was blues which was actually what Nikki preferred. While she did like sing humming fit better when she calmed Isa down before the two could talk to each other. She never knew if Isa could really hear her, but she figured the feelings transferred even if the sounds didn't.

Isa wasn't really paying attention, she never could when there was music. 'Oh I want to dance.'

Nikki shook her head as she grabbed a menu, 'not right now.'

'But nikkkkkiiiii,' she would have pouted if she could.

'Right now it would be to weird, when we find a place to stay tonight I'll let you out and you can dance till your tired okay? I'll even sing for you.'

'Really?'

'Yeah so just wait okay?'

'Fine, but only because you'll sing.'

Nikki smiled when the waitress came over ordering a soup and sandwich. She had some money for the wallets she had pickpocket the small amount of time she spent in the park. It wouldn't last for ever but it would work for now.

((how long did it take them to barricade the town, i would think at least a week))

Ruthless Prophet

13,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image

Strength does not come from physical capacity…
It comes from an indomitable will.

User Image User Image

xxxxAs the top news of the day covered every TV in the shop, a girl quickly stormed out, balled fist and a flash of brown hair. At the moment a security would have guessed she was some delinquent who robbed something and was hiding it in the leather guitar case on her back, but she was smarter than that, and if that had been her main goal, she would have used her curse of electricity. Maybe burn out the cameras or maybe move faster than a blink of an eye.

No Ania was rather walking across the street to the park to escape the news. She was quick to pick a bench before setting up to do a small street performance. With the occasion of the snow she was quick to pick a classic Christmas song, before finally moving on to a song that mimicked her only wish to be safe and sound, to be by the ones she loved. Then her curse had reacted equally as the electricity warmed up her body as if by a fire. Sometime I don't know if I'm cursed or blessed… She thought as her voice charmed all who passed by, quickly building a crowd, and grateful that he mutation wouldn't cause her to hide as much (as it didn't affect her physical appearance). It's tonight that I'm going to have to be more careful about discharging myself. She thought once more before letting her mind drift with the music, knowing she can't control the level she created daily and what the side effects would be of not letting the electricity go.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Ruthless Prophet

13,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image Strength does not come from physical capacity…
It comes from an indomitable will.

User Image User Image

xxxxThe news cast, the crowd, and even that air head of a scientist were a waste of time. Was it the intention to create a panic, to give the enemy a chance to run, or maybe it was a warning shot, but it was all pointless and it made a his job as a captor just as tough. The only good thing about the day was that the sun was nowhere to be seen, and today his wish of revenge will finally come into play. Not to capture, but to kill the monster who ruined his life. This was Joshua's plan.

As soon as the casting was over, him and the other captor were given the job to look for anyone who might seem suspicious. Each one of the eleven will simply have a characteristic which wouldn't be considered human. Josh was the first to leave, but not to aimlessly walk around and wait for a catch. He left to set up the new camera system in the city and wait for the prey to eventually show their colors. Once done with the set up, and he was linked to the city, he began a casual stroll through the city and into one of the major hubs of the town, the coffee shop. Josh entered casually, not really knowing what to look for, order a black coffee, and took a seat while his eyes kept a lookout.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Friendly Fairy

User Image
Nikki smiled as the waitress placed her soup and sandwich on the table. Looking down she had ordered chicken noddle soup and a grilled cheese, she need something hot to keep her warm after she left.

She took a sip of the soup before looking up when she heard the door open to see a man walk in. She didn't see anything strange about him and went back to her food.

'Now the main question is how do we find the others.'

'What?'

Nikki pushed her bangs back out of her face after they had fallen, she wanted to cut them but knew she couldn't since she knew Isa didn't like her face being shown when she was out now a days. 'I said how are we going to find the others?'

'Oh. I don't know, this was your plan you need to think of a solution.'

Nikki frowned at that, 'you know two heads are better then one.'

'We could just make a big announcement like that guy did.'

Nikki rolled her eyes, maybe it would be better if she planned alone. 'I don't think any of them would come to that. Plus it would remove our chance to make a deal with the scientist.'

'Oh. Then I don't know.'

Nikki sighed as she took a bite out of her sandwich.

Magic Hero

T E T R A

nobody owns the sky...

female┊ bird-kid ┊ 15┊ straight

As Tetra approached the bakery, her mind lost in thought, mostly about how much she wanted to be flying right then, she felt as if someone was staring at her. Tetra dragged her gaze down from the sky to look at the bench in front of the bakery where a stranger was seated, and froze instantly when she saw who it was: one of the scientists from the dreaded laboratory..His tell-tale lab coat instantly gave away what he was.She didn't recognize him from the announcement, as she had only listened to parts of it.

At that moment it felt to the avian girl as if her entire brain was screaming to her, Fly away now! Away from this monster!, but she knew she couldn't. It would give her away the second the first mocha-brown feather poked out from the slits in her coat. It was so frustrating for poor Tetra, to have the perfect method of no-strings-attached escape, that she could implement at any time, and not be able to use it without guaranteeing she would probably never fly again, for fear of being shot down.
              Instead of turning tail and running, Tetra decided to play it cool. Trying to act like she hadn't noticed or cared about the scientist, she quickly slapped her coat pockets like she had forgotten something, adding in a face-palm for good measure and muttering aloud, "Woops, forgot my...thing at the..place..." The winged girl then turned on her heel, oversize jacket billowing slightly, and walked away as fast as possible without rushing. As soon as she had turned the corner she began running as fast as possible back to the park, her main place to hide out and be somewhat safe, feeling panicked. She could hear sweet, lovely singing coming from near one of the benches, and hoping she had managed to lose the scientist guy, she headed towards the instantly calming music, being sung by a brown-haired girl with a charming voice. Tetra stopped a short distance away from her and listened, feeling more relaxed already by the soothing music.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff