8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image

╔══════════════╗
Simon Gilbert
╚══════════════╝

Simon stood and listened to the girl. He could help but smirk when she mentioned an agreement. She was so quick to through the others under the bus. He paused for a moment figuring out all the things that could happen before he let out a soft. "I don't believe you." He eyed her. "You have given me no reson to believe anything you say at all. I'll tell you what, if you can trick someone into out labs, I'll let you go." He said tossing out his second frappicino and pulling out a gingerbread cookie. "You have until tomarrow." He said leaving the cafe and heading back towards his lab. He couldn't help but smile. If she was serious, this would all fall into place. He could keep his promise of freedom, to humans...

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
User Image Ashton Grey: "Haru Kimura"

A tll thin ghost like figure eased his way through the chilly streets. The winter air seemed to leave no chill on the seemingly attractive ' foreign businessman'. His black book bag hung from a thin fingered black gloved hand as he made his way toward the coffee shop. His bright green eyes surveyed the area casually as if he hadn't heard the news. Yes. He heard of the mutants but he refused to leave, he couldn't really anyway. The roads were conveniently locked down. His raven hair swayed in the chilly air. His phantom like appearance was dampened by the smart clean and somewhat ordinary outfit he had donned.

He adjusted his expensive looking frames as he opened the door to the shop. His sharp eyes deftly perused the shop. It was small ,quaint and smelled of coffee and rich sweets. He had to watch himself with the sweets. He was a mutant and burned more calories by thinking than most did by walking around, but still it wasn't exactly healthy. His eyes immediately connected with DR. Kelmanen. He immediately looked away, hoping he didn't make eye contact. A cosmetically overdone female greeted him with a slightly flirty demeanor, "Hey there." She smiled sweetly as she leaned on the counter, "Can I help you?" The man stepped forward as his boots clicked against the light hardwood floor. He had to teach himself to make noise. It took effort, as he was naturally light footed without the ghosting powers thing. Haru observed the girl as she twirled her hair in her fingers. He didn't know what he was doing here truthfully, except for the smell of sweets which pulled him into the shop. Remembering the odor of coffee, he was going to try a few to see what he liked, a small 'office party' was the excuse, but seeing that spited elderly man, Haru decided against it. It would only make him seem ll the more inconspicuous. He looked up t her, "Yes, I would like..." He was completely unprepared to order. He did manage to effect a distinctly thin Japanese accent however.

The girl leaned on the counter waiting for a reply, her eyes lingered on his face as he took in the sweets counter. Chills went up and down his spine. He hated people going anywhere near his person, and he especially hated people 'touching' him with their eyes. Haru didn't know why she leaned on the very smudged counter, it was probably dirty from the last few hundred people to walk through, and she seemed to have collected a small coffee stain on her bosom from where she leaned. Haru could effect almost every emotion, even crying on cue, however he could not effect flirting. It was one thing he was not good at. It was probably a good thing as most girls thought he was shy, which made up for his 'incompetence' in that department. He quickly spotted a dark rich looking "black" chocolate cake. He decided, that's it! It didn't matter if he wanted it, he just would have it the longer he lingered, the longer he would stick out. It was instinctual to think on his feet...roll with the punches, as he directed a situation toward his goal. "The "black" chocolate cake and the carmel frappachino, please." He smiled warmly to the girl, who flushed... making Haru feel sick to his stomach. It all sounded like one sentence, no awkward pauses, just natural, but it was an act. He had to effect emotions to survive. It's just what happened. Suddenly he noticed someone, someone familiar...his hair was shorter, but he knew him somehow....Something about him wouldn't just go away, it was like a phantom or something....

Yup, this is what I'm wearing...not that you care at all.....

User Image
User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXXXXUser ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

((O.O.C.: Hey guys, I know you probably know this, but I found RP's don't lasat unless the players take the time to bridge connections, and force their way together....So...Let's get thei show on the road!!! 3nodding ))

kimichan841
OOC: Sorry, RL+ computer issues = me crying over not being able to rp...

Odin frowned as he felt the eyes on him. He used the glass window beside him as a mirror to observe without being obvious. He drank his coffee and at the sandwiches Alice had given him. He watched her flirt with another costumer who ignored it mostly before ordering something and turning around.

The moment the man turned information began rushing through Odin's brain as he watched the window reflect the man's face.
'Ashton Grey, currently going under the name Haru Himura. Age 21. Ability; darkness. Shadow Ghost project.' Odin didn't show any sign of recognition, but realized the other had vaguely recognized him.
'That makes at least 4 mutants in the same pub as the lead scientist and the head of the mutant capture team...' he thought finishing his food and drinks and heading to the bar to bring back his cup and toss the empty bag in the trash.

Every fiber of him screamed to run as fast and as far as possible, but Odin stayed where he was calmly keeping up his act and shooting Ashton Grey an unseen look that quite strongly conveyed that he best keep acting like he didn't know him while in this place.

Odin knew he'd inevitably run into one of the mutants that hadn't managed to get out of town before lock down. He also knew that if they banded together they would be at an advantage, but also vulnerable and much easier to find. The part of him the scientists had trained into him ruthlessly in an attempt to make him their perfect soldier was telling him the logical thing to do was go about his way and not get in trouble. Keep up your cover and don't do anything to stand out too much.

Another currently stronger and more desperate part of him though reminded him of the fact that he would soon need to discharge where he couldn't be seen or he might cause something to go boom and blow said cover instantly.

After a final goodbye to Alice the flirty barmaid Heero brushed past Ashton with another silencing look and headed toward the door.

Friendly Fairy

User Image
Nikki sighed, 'no of course he wouldn't believe me that would be to easy.' She muttered in her head.

'So are we giving up?'

'I don't know yet we should at least let him finish.' She listened to Simon finish what he was saying with out interrupting. 'So if I get one person I go free? That seems a little easy.' She heard her time limit and looked up to ask something but he was already leaving. She glared at his back not planning to follow as that might change the agreement.

'This seems a little to easy doesn't it?'
Nikki nodded she didn't really like how things were now. Just like he couldn't trust her she didn't fully trust him.

'Look at the least we have a due date and if we can't manage it by then,' Nikki shrugged. 'Well then we know to watch out for any scientist. I mean if we stay away from them we have the upper hand with the gun. They don't know about it remember?'

'Your right, I'm just still worried this might be a trick.'

Nikki nodded, 'oh I give it about a 50% chance it's a trick.'

'Then why are we going through with it?'

'For the 50% chance it's not a trick.' Isa's silence told Nikki she was doubtful, 'look he said we had to trick someone into the labs. He said nothing about us going ourselves. That just means we need to find someone who we can trick into thinking we are attacking the lab. Then we just suggest that he joins us in the fight, send him off to meet us somewhere in the labs after the two of us have gotten inside and then find a way to put a note on him so that Simon guy gets it.'

((I can't wait till they make a friend, so much character building opportunities. also for anyone who doesn't know she is in the cafe.))

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Ashton knew it was dangerous to be there. He was caught in the enemy hive so to speak. He los knew that if he gave into the temptation to run, he would give himself way. The best thing to do was wait...it had been 11 years, unless someone knocked out his green contacts or he let his hair grow out again, he was probably fine. He just needed to look like he was in a hurry. If it was one thing Ashton had been skilled in, it was observing while looking like you were doing something else. His more or less taciturn behavior toward Alice was indicative of someone who needed to get in and get out. Technically, he didn't need to be to 'work' 8:00AM for another ten minutes, it would appear to most as if he were merely being impatient...polite but impatient. The town was small, and he could easily pick up what he needed and go before he had to be at 'the office'. He worked as a secretary for the city Mayor, who didn't show up to his office untill about 10:00. The man saw how quick "Haru" was at picking up details and how efficient the oddly young man worked, like the ticking of a clock. Nothing he did was without purpose. Not even ordering coffee.

As for the frappachino part, it hit him from nowhere. He figured it was good lead and decided to purchase it to try and stimulate his memory. He wasn't even sure he liked frappachino's. It looked like he was looking around bored, but he caught the don't notice me look from ...FIynn, No. Kakoro? Finnish? Omelet? Gah! He decided to dub his new 'buddy' jack. Simple, faceless 'jack', it was the usual medium for naming people he didn't recognize. He was there the boy decided to burn his hair...he vaguely remembered the fire's dim glow...maybe, he knew enough to know for use that he wasn't a scientist, the boy's look confirmed this....The other man may have thought he was alone but he was wrong. "Haru" was dubbed the ghost for a very good reason. A single unrecognizable glint in the man's eye was enough to tell him. He knew. The man was alarmed, visibly, and Ash knew it. Odin rushed pas t him brushing against him, and without even looking like he had moved, Ashton placed a 'buisinesscard' in the man's pocket. Having been a master pickpocket at one point in time this was effortless. The boy seemed undaunted and headed out the door. Which meant one of two things, the boy was too distracted to notice, or "Haru" had pulled it off. To the outside eye, it merely looked as if he had reached up to adjust his slipping 'prescription-less' frames. He went to pay her and manged to push up a brief conversation as he paid, saying something about not wanting to be late...Then he paid the lady and let her 'keep the change.' he managed a wink, but that was about it....and now he was sick. He then headed out into the snowy street.

Very soon, he was on the move, he had ordered it to go, and he was certain, he hadn't made contact with anyone. At least not directly. He took a sip of his frappachino and nearly gagged. Okay, I guess I don't like frappachino....He sighed and decided to take it with him. Having it at the desk could possibly spark his memory...maybe. So, that was one thing nailed down. He didn't like 'frappachino' yet it reminded him of something...but what?...the mystery was still lingering on him, as he calmly walked down the street toward the capital building.

User Image

((O.O.C.: ))

kimichan841
User Image

☪яaeka נean мurray☪

❤Set me up a challenge
And I'll complete it for sure.
Put some materials in front of me
And I'll create something out of them.❤

Raeka was sitting in her personal office, the walls lacking pictures or anything creative of any kind. It had always been that way, ever since she became a scientist only a few years ago. She was waiting on some results to come back from the lab, but she knew even that could take a while to do. It's always the waiting game, isn't it? Sometimes it downright annoyed her, but she kept cool, not letting others (or trying not to let others) in on the problem. She opened a desk drawer, pulled out a word search book and a mechanical pencil, and shut it again. She flipped through the pages until she found a new search to do. She picked up the pencil and began to search for words pertaining to science. Alright, where is the word astronomy? Where are you? Her eyes scanned the page, trying to find it. She would look for a single word for ten minutes at a time, and sometimes she found it, and other times she had to come back to it. However, she never left anything undone, not even a word search.

Out of Candy:

❤My imagination sometimes runs wild,
But that is okay by me.
If I don't have thoughts in my head,
Something bad probably just happened.❤

SaucePump's Waifu

Anxious Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image

╔══════════════╗
Simon Gilbert
╚══════════════╝

Simon headed into the library leaving behind footsteps in the soft snow. He began to whistle a cheery tune as he headed down the white halls. Oh how he loved his job. It was just a joy to him. He walked by Craeka's office noting that she was doing a word search. "Ah I see you are all caught up with the hetic style of work." He teased putting his hands in his lab coat pockets. He paused in the doorway, not wanting to walk in without being invited. It made him seem like a pale vampire in the doorframe. A smile was stuck to his face like someone stapled it on. He wondered what the rest of day would be like. He pulled out another cookie from his pocket and bit into happily. "Why aren't you filled with work? Oh, did you see me on TV?" He asked grining happily. It was like he was a celebrity but with the way the town's people were acting it sure made him seem like one.

Chrome Butterfly
User Image

☪яaeka נean мurray☪

❤Set me up a challenge
And I'll complete it for sure.
Put some materials in front of me
And I'll create something out of them.❤

Raeka had finally found the first word. She circled it and smiled a bit. She looked down at the second word and sighed. I swear, sometimes people just don't put the words in alphabetical order. Not that I'm crazy about that, but still. She was just about to circle another word when she heard the familiar voice of Simon Gilbert. She cursed inside her head and looked up. Twitch. One of her eyes did this, and it was a habit that she just could not control. She saw him in his regular outfit and his hands in his pockets. She instinctively pulled out a candy from one of her coat pockets, opened it, and popped the hard candy in. She threw the wrapping in the trash bin next to her desk before looked up at him again. She noticed a smile on his face, and she had the impulse to slap it off for some unknown reason. What he said next sort of caught her off guard, but she regained her composure and stared at him dead in the eyes.
                                                  "The reason that I'm not filled with work is because I'm waiting for some test results. And yes, I saw you on TV. You seemed way more composed than last time. You were shaking like a cat who had just gotten out of a rainstorm." She grinned somewhat after her last statement. Sometimes, she liked to make jokes, but she never meant any harm with them. She placed the pencil down on the desk next to the word search book and sat up straight, wanting to see what kind of reaction she would get out of Simon this time.

Out of Candy:

❤My imagination sometimes runs wild,
But that is okay by me.
If I don't have thoughts in my head,
Something bad probably just happened.❤

Prinny Overlord Ally
Odin made it out the café unnoticed and smirked to himself as he felt the card in his pocket. Trust the Ghost to be inconspiguous, but Odin was no slouch either. He wondered if he should ever mention that he was one of the few if not the only one who could tell if Shadow was there. It was one of the benefits of his ability as well as a weakness to him.

While he benefited from being able to sense the energy in others, it meant that his power was never truly 'off' which in turn meant for Odin that he tired out quicker. It had been one of the things the scientists had forced him to train on. The only problem was that they hadn't much cared about the other problems to his power; like the one that currently forced him to move quicker.

On the south end of town was a large forest. The southern border of town was where the forest ended, but the forest itself was wide and even if anyone noticed what he was about to do they would take a long time to get to where Odin was and by that time Odin would be well on his way home.

Finding a good location Odin slumped to the ground and let go of his control. His body glowed dimly before a nearby rock came apart to dust with a muffled boom, a tree closeby fell over and dead leaves littering the forest ground seemed to turn into firecrackers. Then it was over and Odin got up grunting in pain. He quickly made his way back and headed to his student appartment.

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Johnathan "Legionnaire" Nate Mandrake

A small bump in the road awoke the sleeping Johnathan his head moving against the glass ruffling his hair under the beanie he was wearing atop his head shaking down a few of the longer black bangs from under the hat into his face a small sigh escaping his lips while he peered out of the window of the travelling humvee. Johnathan stretched his arms out wide as he awoke shaking down the sleeves of his old military style jacket with a leopard pattern fur near the collar, around his wrists he bore multiple silver chains adorned with platinum gothic crosses leading down to and matching perfectly with the skull/skull and crossbones rings he bore on his thumb, index, and middle fingers. To most people he would appear to be your usual euro-trash punk kid drop-out from college about to hit up the club but then again most people also wouldn't happen to see the dual glocks neatly tucked under the folds of his jacket and pressing up against his chest. He reached down and pulled a cell-phone out of his pocket re-dialing the number of his latest client, a corporation that had hired him to help 'track' down some missing experiments within a small town though the details of these experiments and their purpose had been kept hidden from him the payday they had offered was practically staggering. So against his better judgement Johnathan was now being driven to an un-named location to complete an objective he wasn't fully aware of, it was a good thing he'd decided to bring his own arsenal with him; despite protest from the corporate executive whom he'd spoken to. A voice answered after a few rings and it was feminine in nature likely a receptionist "Hello Mr. legionnaire we were wondering when we'd hear from you again, is there somehting I can assist you with?" " Yes actually there is, I'm currently on my way to the site. Upon my arrival I'll need my 'Supplies' to be properly handled and taken somewhere secure for storage, I'll need a place to sleep and some rations." "I assure you Mr.Mandrake all your needs will be handled to, however there has been some alarm as to your 'supplies' as you've stated...umm...Are you sure all these are required?" Johnathan could hear the surprise in the woman's voice likely as she was looking over his shipping manifesto since his weapons had to be shipped in before he was "Of course, I'll be there within the hour." Johnathan replied bluntly seeing what looked like a military blockade of sorts in the distance "Also. upon my arrival I want a dossier of each target with any and all information leading to birth. If one of them has even needed to have a filling done I want to be aware of it." Johnathan hung up and put his phone away at that moment waiting patiently for his driver to get clearance for the blockade; the sooner he could get to work the better. The fact that he was bringing enough of an arsenal to fill a cold-war Russian armory with him would see to it that he did get the job done but even among all his guns even he had his favorites. His prey would see them soon enough.
OOC: Uhm Bizkit? The first page posts on the RP stated that those files about the experiments don't exist? They kind each destroyed all data on themselves? Could be me but there would be little info to go on file wise. ^^;;;

Witty Regular

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Citizen 200
kimichan841
OOC: Uhm Bizkit? The first page posts on the RP stated that those files about the experiments don't exist? They kind each destroyed all data on themselves? Could be me but there would be little info to go on file wise. ^^;;;

((OOC: Yes but as a mercenary from outside the compound I highly doubt they would have informed him of such a thing. I tried to bring him in with a blank slate unaware of what or who he's exactly hunting. If Prinny prefers I can re-edit my intro I just wasn't sure how else to introduce him without plopping him in the middle of something going on between two characters already.))

Ruthless Prophet

13,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image

Strength does not come from physical capacity…
It comes from an indomitable will.

User Image User Image

xxxx Ania softly ended a song, moving on to another with no trouble, but this one puzzled the crowd for a second. Her voice changing into a soothing accent as words of a different language filled the air.

" Asi que ven y dime cuanto me amas Asi que ven y dime cuanto me extranas Por tu amor Yo viajaria hasta el infinito Yo cantare canciones que para ti yo escrito "

As the song came to an end she did a quick bow, letting the crowd disperse before collecting the money from the guitar case. She then couldn't help but notice a girl who seemed to familiar. Maybe she's a captor…I just know I got to get out of here. Ania quickly packed her guitar in the case, giving the girl one last glance before walking towards the nearest ally. Once sure no one was looking she began to run and within seconds she was at the coffee shop. The hairs on her arms began to stand as she opened the door, feeling a shock. "Crap, it's getting worse…" He voiced hushed as she walked to the counter and ordered a simply hot chocolate. I got to get out of here before I over charge…

She tapped impatiently, beginning to pace and ignoring every face. It came to a point where she bumped into a waitress, spilling the warm chocolate on her. "Forget it, I don't want chocolate anymore." Her voice hold and harsh. Ania was then quick to leave as her body became hot, speeding up to a point she was no longer visible. Ania was quick to pass a man with green eyes(Ash), dropped her guitar case, and in a short distance, turn into an alley falling to her knees as a white light filled the alley.

Ania was frozen in a pain as the ground around her was scorched. Her mutation, her curse, uncontrollable electricity (except in small amounts). Her body was unharmed as she slowly came to a rise, slowly walking out of the ally before collapsing once more, drained.
AngelaDarr
Some interaction ^-^

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

SaucePump's Waifu

Anxious Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image

╔══════════════╗
Simon Gilbert
╚══════════════╝

Simon frowned. "A cat in the rain? Pity, I must have looked pissed because the bafoon before me was talking about some childhood deases foundation, though I am sure the money will never even end up in a hospital." he shook his head. "And if you're waiting on a call, why here? Why not explore a little. There is a world outside your office. We could go explore and observe the roaming experiments. Or that mercenary is comming in today if you like to come assist me in filling him in." He said picting up one of her pictures in her office and eyeing it before setting it down. "I am not a mean person or a big bad wolf like you act." He said calmly before his phone went off. He answered it and listened to his secritary claiming that Mr. Legionnaire would be arriving within the hour and how he wanted to read all the files. Simons face dropped. "Oh the invisable ones that walked away? Sure I'll bring them back from their nonexsistance! Why the hell didn't you tell him that patients ran off with them!?" He didn't care if Mrs. Murray was listening. He was pissed. The secritary went on to say that he hung up before she could utter a word. Simon sighed. "Fine. Just call me when you see him at the gate. I wish to meet him personally." He said hanging up and rubbing his forehead. "It seems our little soldier will be arriving soon." He said looking at Mrs. Murray. "Perhaps you would like to join me in meeting him Doctor Murray." He said calmly and regaining his normal state.

Chrome Butterfly

Xxx- Bizkit -xxX
Ooc: Your opening was fine, also if you want to come join Simon he will be able to fill your character in on hot spots, the situation, and the job in general. If you want.

Devoted Lunatic

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Ashton continued walking down the chilly street. He didn't take cabs, or other forms of transportation as the capital building was just in the center of the town, less than a few blocks away from the jail, the civic center, and various apartment buildings, notably the new apartment complex by the labs. He could easily walk to most locations, which was a good excuse for exercise.

As he neared the civic center, He felt some one running behind him, he refused to turn his head to look. It was none of his business, and if someone was a in pursuit, they were an amateur. No one runs after a slow moving target. Especially one that looked vulnerable, like they could be going somewhere important and could be easily caught off guard. Suddenly the running stopped as if it rapidly sped up. Quick as a flash it was gone. Visibly, he hadn't even slowed his pace. It looked as though he was oblivious to whatever happened behind him as he walked. Suddenly. he noticed a guitar at the entrance of an alley up ahead. He had to do a double take, that wasn't there before....Then a bright flash of light emanated from within the alley way. A mutant? ....He had to wonder, though whatever it was appeared to be some sort of electrical surge, because whatever lights were on in the street, including neon signs flickered on and off. Electrical outlets and telephone wires spat out red sparks that collided with the snow, and fizzled out leaving tiny dents and in some places, black charred marking on the pavement.

Less than a moment later, the girl came out of an alleyway up ahead. Clearly injured and collapsed. He quickly walked toward her and set the briefcase down. He neatly stopped inches from her body and crouched low on his knees. He asked calmly, "Are you hurt?" He reached down and felt her pulse, it was elevated, like someone who had received a terrific shock. "Can you feel anything?" Oddly, her heart was still beating at a regular, or semi-regular pace. Which was odd. Further, there were no signs of electrical shock on her body. Normally there would be burn marks or singed hair, something to say that she received such an injury....She must have fainted, but from what? Fear? Shock? Hunger?

Ashton remembered very little from the night they ran away. But there was a distinct reason why he remembered being on the run with Odin, now dubbed "Jack". They had worked together to destroy the documents and get the experiments out. It was difficult to say who thought of the idea first. But they both had left approximately at the same time, and at the same pace to destroy the data. Odin destroyed the electronic files, and Ashton destroyed any paper files he came across, that and sabotaged many of the building's main systems. They met again out int the hall and fended off some of the guards. Ashton's new emotional condition made him the ideal hit-man. Having little to no emotions normally would make someone like him quite dangerous, but there was a 'moral reservation' in him. He did not like wasting human life unnecessarily. At one point in time as they rounded up the stragglers on the way out, Ashton had grabbed hold of one experiment's arm and pulled them out of the corner shooing him/her/it toward the exit. It was difficult to tell who protected him/her/it after that....Though he didn't remember any of this at this point.

User Image

((O.O.C.:
cheljur
Sorry for the delayed reply.
))

kimichan841

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash