Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hank Norley

User Image

Hank was initially disgusted with James' answer, it was the same predictable bullshit officers used to give him when he was in the service, but Maya's aggressive reaction actually calmed him. "It's true, I used to be Sergeant Hank Norley, and unlike you boys in the chair force, the Marines actually still face legitimate dangers in combat. Major, the reason you're in the front seat is because my sister has a gun back there. Obviously if you and I were to get into it there's a very good chance you'd get that pistol out before I did. Not a risk I'd take. Pretty basic tactics, but I'm not here to threaten anyone. We need to get to safety, I'd really love to have another military trained person along, but if you're not going to play ball there's the door." He said motioning with his right arm toward the door. "But honestly, let me tell you Major. You can't know much, if the military knew very much they wouldn't allow a US city to go down. Why not go ahead and tell us everything you know? Did it start from the west? The north? Is driving south going to take us to the heart of this thing? I haven't heard helicopters since this morning. I haven't heard sirens in hours. You're the last living person anyone of us in this car has seen." He grew momentarily silent, slowing down as they passed a small school, multiple children, all half eaten followed the fence, groaning and reaching for the truck until the survivors passed. "I don't know about you Major, but I'd sure hate to be on foot, in this neighborhood tonight." He said with a shudder. "So g'head and tell us, I promise your superiors will never know." It was an empty threat, Hank had taken lives in the service, but he wasn't about to leave anyone to die if they weren't a direct threat. His priority was protecting his sister, but also the group they'd gathered. Zeke must have been an amazingly resourceful kid to survive the scene at the university. Jenna too, must be pretty capable to have taken, judging from the blood and brain matter on her wooden sword, numerous walkers with her. He had no idea what Riley's deal was but she sure could shoot. And naturally, all Air Force pilots and TAC-Ps participate in SERE, the Air Force Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape training that would make James Peters an invaluable member of the group.

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Major J. Peters, USAF

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

James turned round best he could to face Maya "Ma'am, please calm down, another outburst like that and I wont say anything!" His threat was hollow, he turned to look at Hank and lifted his pistol and took the clip out sitting it on the dash board. with his hands now free he rubbed his eyes while forging a small wary smile, "Son, you never leave the Marines..... you only die a Marine...." He started with a small smirk, it was something very basic that his father had instilled him him as a young child, the Marines wasn't a job it couldn't be left, it was a lifestyle that stuck. "I am well aware of the dangers to Marines both present and past, my father is a Master Gunny, he specializes in Emergency and tactical Helicopter Recovery... Hes been on serving crews from Marine One right down to aiding those Marines out in the s**t sandwich" He said as he looked into his lap, his father never approved of his decision to go into the air force, and he compounded his dislike for it by storming into the young lieutenants office and giving him a roasting as he'd failed to provide operational information to a Marine, ignoring the fact that the Marine had no need nor requirement for the information.

James smiled weakly and looked at Hank again as he carried on "Sergeant, You know nothing of the situation, if you think the military and government simply let a city like Richmond fall, However Sergeant, Richmond is not the only city thats fallen!" He said weakly, it was hard for him to admit that DC had fallen. He hadn't quite convinced himself of it yet. "South is the best bet!" He started. "No ones quite sure where or how this thing started, some in the pentagon suggested that it was a Biological attack from Iran, others suggested that it was a beyond Yankee White clearance research that went wrong...." He looked down and shook his head "Then pandemonium broke out, we were looking for people to be physically ill, no one looked at the rising assaults and grievous bodily harm cases that had started to rise in the cities till a detective in a town in Nevada sent a complaint into the FBI stating that within a day the majority of his citizens had become aggressive, Police assaults went up...... this s**t slid under the radar... shortly the FBI started connecting the dots as field agents reported the same phenomenons and law enforcement agencies started developing similar stories.... at first the individual departments kept it contained." He started it was a long story and was simply going to get Longer. " I am willing to co-operate however you need to instruct your Sister to make the weapon safe, Ive disarmed myself..... and am not carrying any more weapons." He asked looking between hank and maya he knew the next part of the story was disturbing

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hank Norley

User Image

Hank smiled for the first time that day when James mentioned that one doesn't simply stop being a Marine, it was true, the corps shaped you for life, but the smile faded as he described what the news had failed to. The situation was every bit as grim as Hank's worst case scenario had painted it out to be. Looking at his sister in the rear view he nodded. "Hey Maya, don't unload that thing but just make sure you don't point it at anybody." He said, it wasn't necessary, she knew what she was doing, but hopefully it would put the Major at ease. His eyes back on the road he addressed the pilot once again. "Thank you for the information James. Don't worry, we're all on the same side here. Going to pull our resources together and get out of this." Now it was his turn to divulge what he knew, it wasn't much but it was relevant to their current situation. "As far as what we have, from what I can tell it's three guns, glock .40 cal with 21 rounds, I have 24 for my Ruger, and 15 shells for the Mossberg. Food and water is what I tossed in the trunk, I've got some tools, and a first aid kit. How about you? Ka-bar and your side arm? How many rounds do pilots carry anyhow?" They'd spotted fewer walkers for the last few miles, soon they'd be on a trucking route outside of Richmond, good place to find somewhere to rest for the night.

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Jenna Monroe

Jenna was listening quietly, hearing Zeke talk about horror movies and video games. "That's exactly the theory I tested. seemed to be true.." she said then sighed. "But this sure isn't a ******** game.." she was quite irked at the thought of this being compared to fiction. This was real. Very ******** real. She noticed the paramedic zombies chowing down on their victim on a stretcher, and paled considerably, looking down so she could avoid anymore of the scene as they passed.

Jenna heard the Major's explanation of things, and was a little irked that he would restrict information from them. This wasn't the time to be hiding things like that. Not with something like this and the fact that he couldn't see that these were desperate times pissed her off. She looked at him as Maya ripped into him and Hank continued with it. She didn't say a word but the expression on her face would be enough to say that she agreed with the siblings on this.

The redhead listened to James' explanation of everything, sighing and leaning back once more. She couldn't believe the government had been so foolish. Then again, they were only human. Unlike the things outside the truck. When Hank mentioned weapons, she remembered the pistol she had grabbed from her house. Reaching behind her, she pulled it out from her waistband and set it on the dashboard. "I grabbed this when I left my house. Browning is all I know about it. It was my father's and I've never really been the type to take an interest in guns." she said.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Maya Norley

Maya couldn't but help grin slightly at her brother. The grin vanished however, and she scowled at the Major. After a few moments of calming herself back down, Maya said coolly, "If you have something to say to me, then say it to me and not my brother. I'm sitting right here with two perfectly capable ears. As for the gun, I wouldn't have it if I couldn't use it. It was never pointing at anyone in the first place. And no worries bro, its still loaded." She nodded in agreement as the young woman in the front, Jenna, spoke up, agreeing with Zeke's theory but muttering that it sure wasn't a game. Maya briefly wondered if maybe the young woman had someone close that became infected. Did she have to kill them? She shuddered at the thought of her brother becoming infected and Maya having to shoot him. She would do anything for her brother, especially to keep him safe. Maya stayed silent, listening as the Major explained the first part of what happened. She frowned. Holy hell... "Isn't that the point of government with crap like this? Aren't they supposed to be the people who catch these things? Y'know, before they turn into giant outbreaks like this?" Maya sat back after she spoke. She watched Jenna speak up again, taking out a gun and placing it on the dashboard by the Major's. Maya didn't say anything, instead waiting to hear the rest of what the Major had to say.

Company: Hank, Jenna, Zeke, Major
Mood: Well...

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Major J. Peters, USAF

James took a glance over his shoulder and saw the pistol be pointed away from him. he reached up onto the dashboard "I am rust showing hank my pistol, and putting the clip back in..." he explained to Maya. He lifted his pistol "A Walther P99 .40 Cal, non standard issue for the USAF, I have two mags 20 rounds in each, A small oxygen tank and face mask, 1 Green Flare, small FAK, Packet of biscuit browns, and a packet of water purification tabs, a razor blade....." he said as he emptied his pockets of the stuff he'd lifted off the parachute, he put all of this back into his pockets and sat the pistol back up on the dash. "And actually I do have a KA-BAR!" He said with a small smile as he lifted his right trouser leg to reveal USMC combat knife painted flying suit green on the crus of his leg. "Although he disapproved my choice, he ultimately didn't want me to die!"

He dropped his trouser leg letting it slide back down into place and looked back over at Maya "I have no doubt that you don't know how to use that weapon if you didn't I don't suppose you'd be sitting there, and I have no issue with you however I got the feeling our brother was in charge here, I have made myself as harmless as I am willing to be, I was simply asking your brother to extend the courtesy to me....." He said calmly. " Unfortunately life never as simple as we like to pretend it is and neither is Government, its not case of monitor everything pounce on everything, its a case of people across the country feeding information in and building up a portfolio of a situation around the information, sadly the boys at CDC and Homeland security were looking for SARS or Plague not cannibalism.... this is something even we've never seen we didn't have the opportunity nee, the knowledge to defend against this!" He said with a calm tone, he was trying not to anger the girl than she already seemed to be, she was a right firecracker her.

He turned away from his captive audience. "The situation changed about 3 days ago, the sheriff of that small town in Nevada had requested the National Guard to come and take authority of the town as his own deputies had attacked him resulting in him having to shoot them both. The National Guard quarantined the town, set up road blocks and sent in a scout group.... their commanding officers watched as their men were attacked by 'deranged and savage citizens', they passed this up the tree to the brass at DoD. who with presidential consent decided to wipe the town out for the safety of the country, and so a tactical strike was launched to clean up the situation..... Unfortunately someone forgot to mention the survivors from the scout group... luckily CDC and Homeland security had the Quarantined in medical quarters and watched as the became infected.... only 2 days ago did the government know what we were fighting, knew what the enemy was. 2 days ago we started our response.... the government did its best for the people.... sadly it was just too late!" He admitted before looking in the rear view mirror to watch Maya's expression, he was expecting another outburst from her on how the military had failed or someone else had failed.... hindsight was such a glorious thing, especially for those who had no responsibilities when the incidents happened.

Canny Trickster

Marcus 'Zeke' Kinkade

zeke looked to maya as she agreed to his assessmentof the walkers. Though he looked to jenna as she said that this wasn't a ******** game. "Indeed, at least it is now, three days ago it was nothing more than a game." He spoke, looking to the major in the front seat. He was a bit more serious right now, mostly because he was with strangers in a hostile situation. But he quietly observed and oonce the majority of the arguement came to a head, he sighed. "Does it really matter what happened now? We're already here in a situation for survival, argueing about how this started or why it wasn't prevented won't do us any good." He stated, pulling out his smart phone, to preserve the battery, he deleted all his internet programs since there wasn't going to be any internet, like the virus blocker and all that, as well as other programs and apps he wouldn't be needing anymore. Still had no service, so he deactivated the calling function for now, and with only his music as the active battery drain, he had a few days worth of constant use from his battery. Putting in one bullet, he played the last song through the one ear and sighed, relaxing to his metal.

"My mother would tell me that when everything just seems too complicated, or you can't figure out how things got to be how they are, to just keep moving forward, you can't ever turn back and staying still in the same problem is no good, so just keep moving forward. We're all here now, and needing to survive, so let's focus on that." He stated before digging into his pocket, pulling out his pocket knife and holding it up. "this is all I got for a weapon." He stated, feeling a little out gunned since he was the only one that didn't even have a weapon with range, just the pocket knife. it was a good knife sure, one of the new commercially sold utility forces knives. Had a combination traight and serrated edge, belt cutter and window breaker spike. This one was the EMT Rescue knife, the biggest of the series and he found he liked it. Putting it back to his pocket, he'd make sure to acquire a better weapon when the chance provided itself.

Company: Maya, Hank, Jenna, James
Song: Times of Grace - Strength in numbers
Supplies: Watch, Smart Phone, Ear Bullets, Charger, wallet and items, loose change, Hair bands, Condoms, keys, tape, marker, pen, Running shoes with grind plates, multi-tool, pocket knife.
Arsenal: Pocket knife, Keys, shoes, body.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hank Norley

User Image

As they drove alongside the wooded drive, now turning away from the river and heading south they came across a narrow toll bridge, completely empty, Hank began driving across it. Internally he kicked himself for overlooking the fact that Jenna might have been armed, he wouldn't imagine anyone using a wooden sword to bash in skulls if a gun was available. As he did so he picked Jenna's pistol off of the dash. "Browning Hi Power, 9mm." He said simply. "My buddy's got one." He said, pretending there wasn't a 90% chance the guy was dead. "They're nice guns, 13 rounds in a standard clip." He said, handing it back to her. "So two questions. Do you know how to use it, and how much ammo do you have?" Now addressing the Major and Zeke he continued. "That's a nice weapon too. Keep it close. That's a handy tool too Zeke, just make sure you stay fairly close to someone with a gun until we can get you something with a little more range. I'd hate to have to tussle with more than one of those buggers with just a knife." Then everyone. "I wish we could find more ammo, there's a gun store a ways out of town, but that could be risky, crawling with desperate people, or these... walkers. Either way that's a further drive than I want to make at night. We should lay low until morning, there's a diner slash truck stop not far from here, might be just secluded enough to keep us safe until morning. Either way it's clear enough that we could see anyone approaching before they got too close. How do you guys feel about that?" He asked if for nothing else but to show the group he was open to suggestion.

((Edited to reflect Korinzu's post))

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Maya Norley

Maya listened thoughtfully as the Major finished the explanation. She flicked her eyes up to meet his in the rear view mirror where he was watching her, probably waiting to see if she'd explode at him again. Maya arched an eyebrow at him as if to say, Well what the hell are you lookin at? She then continued to listen as Zeke said his piece and then showed what weapon he had. Maya flicked a glance at him. "Figuring out how this started could be the first step to stopping it. If we don't know how it started or what caused it, how are we going to get rid of it or even figure out what exactly its in that causes people to be like this? What if its in the food or the water?" She turned her attention back to the Major, and her voice was still cool though not as much as before, and she kept her expression neutral so the Major wouldn't know her thoughts, "I see. Well I suppose its pretty hard to fight against something you weren't expecting and knew nothing about." She sounded perfectly calm. Hank had made Maya learn how to keep her emotions to herself, explaining that they gave a person away, and since Maya could be very temperamental, it was a good thing to learn. Plus, Maya didn't want to be one of those people who thought the government and military was responsible for everything. If what the Major said was true, then it would be unfair and pointless to continue blaming him and the rest of the military and government. She listened as her brother proposed an idea of where to stay for the night after asking Jenna if she knew how to use her gun and had any ammo. She nodded slightly. "Unless anyone else knows an absolute safe spot to stay, that's probably a good idea." Maya frowned briefly. "But we should still check the area first to see if there are any walkers or survivors." Maya had no desire to get eaten her sleep, have her brother get eaten in his sleep, or anyone else for that matter. She glanced over at Hank briefly. Her brother was a good leader.

Company: Hank, Jenna, Zeke, Major
Mood: Hmph.

{OoC: Slight edit.}

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Jenna Monroe

Jenna looked back at Zeke, giving him only a slight nod, then returning her attention back to the others. Once Hank asked her about the gun after telling her what he knew of it, she shook her head. "I have no clue how to use it, or I would have been doing that a while ago. Guns were my father's thing. I was the artistic one of the family, I guess you could say.." she explained, taking the gun back from him. She then thought about the idea of going to the diner for the night, and sighed. "I agree with her." she said, pointing back to Maya. "Good idea, but might as well scope it out first. We could walk right into a bunch of those..things.." she stated.

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Major J. Peters, USAF

James was quite relived when Maya didn't kick off again, he looked away from the rear view mirror, he flt that she held him accountable for the entire issue, that it was his personal fault, she didn't know what he did in the Air Force, she didn't know what he had had to do in the last 24 hours but she she found it easier to blame him for this atrocity.

"Personally I would say keep driving, get to an airport and let me take to the sky, we dont know if this things effected the rest of the world or if its just us here. Transatlantic flights stopped two days ago." he said. "However the diner is a good call, if we can get there and secure it we can make some proper food, we've only got one more day of electricity before the national grid goes down.... we can also siphon off gas from some of the trucks there and if were lucky maybe we'll come across a police cruiser or two, they'll have some forms of weaponry and a scanner which I can use." He said thinking aloud. He didn't stop at diners very ofter especially not truck stops.... he was more acquainted with airport terminals and their multiple choice food halls.

"When we realized that this was an infection, Homeland started operating out of FEMA giving every state the authority to tailor their own FEMA requirements the Secretary of Defence declared a state of Emergency and give instructions that National Guard units should protect all US cities, operating military checkpoints, Quarantines the works.... That means that there should be an army unit or a National Gaurd checkpoint on one of the main roads, that is our best bet for ammo! however its gonna be awfully dangerous...." he said looking at hank with a slight amount of concern.

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hank Norley

User Image

Hank nodded at Jenna's statement. "I understand, well hold on to it for now but keep it safely tucked away, we don't need it going off by accident. As soon as we get the chance I'll show you how to use it. It's not hard, and you'll be much better off for it." Now across the bridge they were beyond the river again, a second protective layer from the chaos in the city as it curled away from them. The houses in this part of town were larger, with more land, they were in the richer suburbs, soon they'd be out of town all together. At James' suggestion the former marine shook his head. "I don't think that's a good idea, if the college was any indicator the airport will be crawling with walkers. Even if we get in the air, we won't know anything about where we land. I don't think there's a guard unit to the south either. The only Army facility I'm aware of is Ft. Lee, and it would take us all night, driving back through the city to get there. With no traffic it's a half hour north of the city, and if the line of cars I saw headed to the interstate was any indication, that's the last place we want to be. Let's see if we can't stock up at the truck stop." The truck stop sounded even better as the Major described it. For some reason he imagined pie, man that would be nice. They could gas up, gain supplies, even weapons and ammo maybe, and keep moving in the morning. Truck stops tended to have some tech too, getting a good two way radio would mean they could separate into more than one vehicle, giving them a back up in case something happened to the truck. For the first time that day Hank's posture relaxed a bit.

Fashionable Millionaire

8,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack Swansea

RPD-Officer

Jack drove around the streets of Richmond heading for the exit. The two people he picked up, the man and the girl did not talk much, Perhaps because of the shock of their situation. Complete silence in the car except the pant of happiness for new people from Scotch. Jack's head ran wild while heading for a highway out. 'It seems like something like.. Rapid rapies, insanity through a contaminination, everyone not bitten seems to be normal. Perhaps that can be used for an advantage of identifying them' Jack drove out on the way to the ramp up to the highway leading out when his sight met an overfilled highway with empty cars but only the way out, so he speeded up and mounted the intersection shifting lanes and drove onto the in going highway.

He looked back at the girl in a sorry state. Then he looked at james and nodded down to his feet to the RPD bag. "There's juice and some energy bars and a sandwich in there, she looks like she needs energy" Then Jack looked to the Board and noticed the Gas level, he had not expected to travel outside of town so the tank was not filled. Then he pushed a button on a device stuck to the A/C controls, a GPS, he pushed a tank stop sign and a lady voice broke the silence in the car.
"In 100 miles, Gas n' Stop Richmond county" Scotch barked at the voice and wagged his tail. "Haha, exactly scotch"

7,850 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Alice
"I want them to stop screaming ...

Alice looked at Jack and then back at James. Suddenly, James did not look like him. He was a complete stranger. He was not her daddy. But then Jack looked like him. Maybe Jack was him. What was the name of her father? Daddy ... she didn't remember. Mom? The memories vanish like dust in the wind. She felt lone again, just like she was when he found her hidden in the wardrobe. She didn't speak, not at all. All she could do was drink and eat whatever they offered her. Her eyes were the only medium of communication, and they were sad.

... Mom, Dad, are you ever coming back again?"
Brooklyn had been riding on his bike for some time now his family estate was about a mile or two outside of the city and he didnt think he was gonna be able to make it on bike, but he did and he was relieved when he saw cars driving around and everyone he could see from a distance was behaving normally. He rolled up next to a man who was leaning against a building and got off the bike placing his hand on the mans shoulder only to knock him down to the ground. "Oh god please no.." He walked ahead of the man backpack in hand looking around the street he was on trying his best to keep it together as he looked at the aftermath of what seemed to be a bloodbath. Brooklyn couldnt keep it together he just stumbled around aimlessly from street to street all but giving up with relative ease on the situation. Was he the only one left in this place alive or sane? Death seemed easy right now if he was dead he wouldnt feel so lonely. He stumbled into another street and came face to face with a car shooting down the street. He didnt notice much except a man his dog and two others in the car. He immediately began to wave the car down and trying to get its attention. This could be another one of those crazy people but he didnt care he needed some sense of normallcy and the car moving and not crashing was as close as he could get.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff