Apocalypse 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 8 ]
White 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 2 ]
I don't understand any of this... 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 38 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50 51 52 > >>

TA U B R Y NM E L E A C H L A I N N

"The Illusionist"

User Image
            xThe city looks so pretty, do you wanna burn it with me?
            xxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                    Let's watch this city burn
                                  xxxFrom the skylines on top of the world
                                  'Til there's nothing left of her

User Image

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

He swung his legs back against the crate, making soft thumping noises as he waited. That was the only thing wrong with any of their acts, in his opinion. The unnecessary waiting that came along with it. He tapped a small rhythm onto the crate and watched as the two made their preparations. He couldn’t help but roll his eyes when Mimi went to change her clothes. Women and their knack for having an outfit for everything. All she had to do was stand there and let Maiya do her thing, she didn’t need to look all pretty and whatnot. Besides that, it was only the four of them and he doubted Morgan would be angry if she wasn’t in costume just this once. The only good side to this was that Mimi didn’t take forever when she changed. When they were finally ready, Taubryn stopped moving his legs and had to keep himself from tapping too loudly as the show began. Though he mostly tuned out Maiya’s explanations about her act. No talking, he thought, just do. Talking made him want to retreat back into his head and that was something he didn’t quite want to do at the moment. Mostly because the last time he checked, the guinea pigs were still doing maintenance and cleaning things up.

He smiled a bit when Maiya began throwing her knives. As was expected, it was neat and he could barely even see the spaces between Mimi’s body and the knives themselves. Vaguely, he wondered if Mimi was ever scared that Maiya might miss. That one day, she might be too distracted by something or not be in the best of moods and just…hit her. There was a very, very small chance that she would, since the old hag had been doing this for ages and the fact that Mimi could very easily make the blade run through her without harm, but it was still there. Lingering in the back of someone’s head like the unwanted thought that it was. What if? What if? What if? Eh, not his problem though. As long as Mimi was still functional and could do their joint acts then what did it matter if she had a few extra holes in her. He was broken out of his thoughts the moment Maiya uttered the word, ‘oops’. He sat up straighter and followed the knife’s trajectory. Were his thoughts really going to come true? Was Mimi one step closer to becoming Swiss cheese? Were they going to have to go grab Dam from wherever he was? Who the hell was he talking to?

The disappointment that filled him when the knife just stopped short was a little expected but still sad. Well, damn it. Taubryn let out a breath and crossed his legs. He supposed Maiya really wouldn’t do that but still…leaning his arm on top of his thigh, he rested his face in his hand. He had wanted to go and check up on the brain guinea pigs but was stopped by the sudden exclamation. He wondered if Mimi actually had gotten hurt somehow, and then…he laughed. He laughed long and hard, very nearly toppling off the crate and onto the floor. Well that was new. Were they really planning on adding that to the show? It would certainly attract attention. Once he got his breath and composure back, he glanced over at Morgan to gauge his reaction. He was…laughing. The sight made him grin wider. Stuffy old boss man had a sense of humor after all. He coughed out one last laugh and waved as the Ringmaster left, “See you, boss!” He stood up and walked over to the two, “Lovely is as lovely does.” He said, “Such a shame we won’t be seeing that in your show.” He could use a good laugh every now and again. At the suggestion of getting Mimi covered up, he nodded in agreement. Taubryn waved a hand and allowed a hat to appear on Mimi’s head, “There you are!”

x ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                              Let's watch this city burn the world
                              Let's watch this city burn the world
                              Let's watch this city burn the WORLD

location Small tent xxx company Maiya, Morgan, & Mimi >> Maiya & Mimixxx ooc God Brynn you are just so useful...

Cynosural Cataclysm

Scythe de Zaran

Gracious Millionaire

User Image
User Image
Aloise Genevieve Le Fevure xxxxxxxxxxTHE ACROBAT
It is within utter chaos that beauty exist in it's ultimate state...

{location}- Main tentx x {Company}- August and Ava is not too far. x x {Wearing}- For now a nude color suit. x x {Thoughts:Feelings}-Is this enough? : Doubtful x x {OOC}-So yeah I was pissed at the Megaladon and ended writing something to calm myself down. Heh sorry to those I bother. xD .
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███████████████ ███████ ██████████ ███

- - - ╰╮ - - - ╰╮- - - ╰╮- - - ╰╮- - - ╰╮- - - ╰╮- - -

xxxx
The wind high up in the ropes danced through the long vibrant locks of hair, so faint yet brisk, causing a light shiver to run down her arms. Up where no one watched her, no one could judge, she sat, ignoring everything that occurred around her. No where else could ever be more relaxing, it was exactly where an elegant beauty such as herself should be. The true throne of the circus sometimes was what she called it, for few were able to truly master the beauty of high wires. When walking into a room filled with such eye catching talent it takes time to take your gaze to the sky, to look away from what was happening below and notice what was up high, always giving her a moment or two to prepare. Of course she did believe that it would be cruel for the acrobats to perform before the others, Aloise was more than sure her and her fellow acrobats would simply outshine the rest if the were always first, for once you gazed to the sky who could look away.
Only here could the acrobat completely escape the chaotic business that went along below, from the roaring cats, burning fire, and all the other magnificent things that went on. It was the few places that silence was gratefully accepted, apart from when she escaped to join Rhythm. Any other royal flier would understand, even respect the calm moment, leaving her alone to enjoy. The circus was her home, of course her previous one was much more luxurious she found the chaotic life of the circus not only fascinating but it was like living in a constant illusion, and there is nothing more true than reality simply made her nauseous. Even the first few years of her arriving she had felt more than content and satisfied, most would see this as a curse, a forced consequence they were forced to live with. To Aloise it was all a privilege, a glorious life not forced but given graciously, things could be a lot worst.
xxxx It was not like her to slack off let alone nap during practice, but over working her body could only lead to un wanted accidents. Like the harsh sprain she took to her leg, the sprain that sweet Damuron was so kind to remove. The fool... she thought, a grim smile spreading along her rosy lips, slowly reaching with her own slim fingers to trace her mouth. Such a sweet boy... Of course when she thought sweet it was in more then one way. Her poor sweet Dam always trying to put a smile to her face. Sometimes even she saw the cruelness to her actions, but the small sting of guilt never lasted enough to force her to a stop. Though nothing did stop her selfishness, even she sometimes was amazed just the lengths she often took to please herself and how easily people were fooled. Pathetic fools so easily manipulated to please me. Awww, it almost makes things rather boring. But still this did not give her enough reason to think herself cruel or even vain, it truly was not her fault if people were so gullible.
The stop of the faint chatter among all those who mingled below small caused her eyes to flutter open. The green of her eyes shinning brightly as she blinked them awake, rudely met by the light. Did I really drift off to sleep? With a rather disappointing yet exhausted sigh she turned over carefully, since she was still sitting on a small platform up in the air meant for landing and such, not napping. With an elbowed propped to hold her chin up she looked down below her, the sight below causing her to grin widely, and even manage to giggle softly. "Oh poor poor Alaiza..." She whispered with awfully too much content in her voice. "The poor dear should know better to be slacking off here. She is just so out of place among the real artist." Her words dripped with venom, but of course only she heard this everyone else too far to catch her words. But in silence Aloise held the hate, there was one thing the woman had that the acrobat did not, the magic of her disappearing act. Here in the vast pool of talent everyone had their own specialty, but still that did not stop people from learning outside of what the loved. Alaiza had those to teach her acrobatics and such, Aloise not being the only. Yet Aloise was left with the disappointment that only the awful woman had the expertise of an escape artist, in a sense damning the acrobat to never learn. But Aloise never made any mention of this, just continued their shared hate as always.
xxxx Some how it gave the acrobat immense pleasure to watch the harsh gaze of their lovely ringmaster upon the rather nuisance of an escape artist. Being up in the wires served as the perfect seat for audience, even from up high she could how tense the woman got and it gave Aloise satisfaction. Aloise could not remember how the dislike for the woman started, just that it seemed to grow with time. Opposites, completely in all aspects. Alaiza was so calm, collected and honest while Aloise found herself just a bit more sociable and willingly to please herself. Even the dull color of her blonde locks bored the acrobat to tears, the slightest thoughts off being friends was ludicrous.
Aloise herself never say reason to fear the ring master. Of course Morgan ran things and she also experienced being under his harsh judgement but the acrobat never felt reason to feel intimidated. Surprisingly she quite liked having his eyes watching her every move, criticizing all the right and wrongs. It was something she quite looked forward too before the start of their shows. Nothing brought her such pleasure as to know that she had successfully satisfied Morgan in what she could, to be able to bask in the little attention she rarely got, since he had yet to allow her to satisfy in other ways. A longing sigh escaped her, teasing images swirling through her head of the thing she would love to do if only he allowed her, But of course it is simply a maidens dreams... she thought rather sadly as the ringmaster walked out, following with Pyrrhus and Icarus. Wander what the snob has in store for today. A childish frown came across her face, twirling a strand of hair and pouting her lip. Why does he pick he first...
xxxx Unable to ignore the sudden curiosity that came over her stomach she released a puff of air, hitting her bangs. It can't hurt... Slowly standing up she glanced for a moment at the wires, I have been practicing for so long can't see the issue with just taking a walk. Her eyes wandered toward Kimber, the only left, Icarus and August else where. Of course she knew Morgan would probably find it annoying that she would stop practicing, not that she mind. The most he could do was bite her head off with his words, sometimes she could even hope that he would dare take a real bite. The thought of getting into a little trouble only seemed to spike her curiosity more, biting her lip in excitement. Truly if he did get mad it only gave her the opportunity to sweeten him up. Gleefully she quickly took the stairs down, doing a back flip off once she was close enough to the ground. The locks of hair swung swiftly behind her as she swayed walking toward the entrance. Looking over the cages she found herself smiling at the far sight of Ava, the brave girl seemed to hold no fear even when enclosed with her cats. "That's my girl..." She whispered softly about to exit the tent. Something tugged at her in her head and she found herself waltzing over toward the cages instead of outside, only to find August. A playful smile came upon her face as she made her way to his side, holding back the urge to call out to Ava since she was already in the cave. "Has she been in there long? And shouldn't you be practicing darling? Morgan is the one doing the assessments must be perfect."Her voice was sweet and soothing, drenched in her lovely charm. August as still fairly new, thus she carried herself a bit sweeter when she was around him. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear she glanced up at him to speak again, "Unless you are here because you have no one to practice with, in which case I don't mind to help ." Direct, always very direct, sometimes she wandered if she had any type of restraint.

User Image

happydog911
thymeast22

Dapper Gekko

So long ago, I don't remember when.
That's when they say I lost my only friend.
Well they said she died easy of a broken heart disease,
As I listened through the cemetery trees

User Image

I seen the sun comin' up at the funeral at dawn, the long broken arm of human law.
Now it always seemed such a waste, she always had a pretty face.
So I wondered how she hung around this place.

User Image

August tilted his head a little when Ava only stared at him. He thought she might have become embarrassed by such a comment, but instead she seemed more or less indifferent. At least she wasn't upset with him again. Now it was time to drop the topic all together or face the possibility of another argument. August could only laugh as Ava refused to tell him whose birthday was coming up. "Well, no worries there. You know I'll figure it out," he replied, sticking his tongue out at her as well. August had a tendency to talk big, but this time he was telling the truth. He would really figure it out, after all it wasn't as if the troupe members had any reason to hide it from him. Or so he hoped. He would want to be quick if he wanted to get it to it before Ava mentioned their competition to everyone. Holding out a hand he smiled, "Pinky promise?" he said, mimicking Ava's childish behaviour. Except he was totally serious. If she didn't take the promise he would be prone to try and sabotage her in fear of her doing the same to him.

After she explained her intentions, August nodded. "I'm waiting for the group acrobat practice. We've been out of sync lately, so I hope we don't screw up too much in front of Morgan. He might have a soft spot for you, but I can guarantee he's not going to be as easy on us," he admitted. "Good to hear your cats are behaving though, I'd be a little sad if they ripped you open, y'know?" he laughed, making light of the situation. As she thanked him, he couldn't help but bite his lip and turn his face away. That was, of course, until she mentioned the cakes, "You're on!" he said with a smile before heading off back towards the acrobats area.

Before he got far, August bumped into Aloise. "Heya!" he greeted her, contemplating her question. "She just stepped in, we were talking about having a cake decorating competition soon," he explained. When she inquired about his practice schedule, he shook his head. "Well, I've already finished solo practice but I haven't seen the others, until now when I bumped into you. Are you ready for group practice? We should try and round up Kimber and Icarus soon," he said. August enjoyed hanging out with Aloise, She always treated him exceptionally nice, though August couldn't really understand why. Ava and Alaiza both seemed to dislike her. Girls, with their crazy drama. When she offered to help him, he contemplated for a moment before nodding, "We could get started on some of the trapeze stuff, I'd hate to drop you in front of Morgan," he said, gently putting an arm on her shoulder, "Do you trust me?" he asked. They hadn't done the trapeze much, so he wasn't sure how Aloise felt about the situation.

Quote:
With: Ava & Aloise
Thoughts: ~

Hey, come on try a little, nothing is forever.
There's got to be something better than in the middle.
But me & Cinderella, we put it all together.
We can drive it home, with one headlight.

Peculiar Cultist

19,175 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
**** xx x xxx x xx ****
T h e xx A c r o b a txxxxxxxxxxx

Icarus just smiled back when Alaizabel tried to give him that reassuring little smile, it was nice to know she thought well enough of him to offer it, even if he didn't particularly need it. While Alaizabel went over what he had to do to get her ready for her trick, he listened intently, flicking his eyes over all the equipment and nodding along after every point. He knew the majority of how everything worked, and it wouldn't be hard to figure out the details once he had the items in hand. The knocking code was important and thankfully simple, and he nodded more sharply at those to show his understanding. "Of course." He said with a wide earnest smile when Alaizabel said that if they could convince Morgan they could convince anybody. His affirmative "Ready," came easily in response to her check and he got into position.

As soon as Alaizia was climbing the stairs, Icarus was following her instructions to the letter. He let her go through her speech and chain her own feet before cuffing her hands and making sure the restraints were snug but not so tight that they bit into her wrists. Then, on her count of three, he pulled the lever and felt his breath catch at the splash, jumping back a step to avoid as much of it as he could. Now the real trick began, and he watched intently, waiting for the next signal.

It all seemed to be going well at first, and Icarus was fascinated as he watched her go through her act. One hand free, then the other then....then she dropped the pick. Even knowing how the trick was going to go, or at least that it was something out of the ordinary, seeing Alaizabel struggle made Icarus start to panic a little bit. Not enough to make him flub the trick, but certainly enough to make her performance look convincing. He looked out at Morgan and Pyrrhus like he was looking for advice while the water bubbled from Alaiza's thrashing. It seemed like ages before the signal finally came. knock. knock knock knock. knock knock Icarus dropped the curtain almost before the last knock was finished and looked out at the 'crowd' just in time to see Alaizabel pop back up dripping wet and yelling about how terrible the show actually was.

The wave of relief that went through him, caught him by surprise. He had known that it was going to go fine after all, right? He almost laughed from the shock and the fact that he'd never really heard Alaiza speak like that before. instead he just beamed and broke the silence by starting to clap, throwing an enthusiastic whistle for good measure.

_________________________________________________________________
                                        My spirit sings loud and clear, even in here.
                                        { Location: Alaizabel's Tank (Near Firepit) || With: Morgan, Alaizabel, and Pyrrhus }xUser Image

Peculiar Cultist

19,175 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
                                          User Image

▌│█║▌║▌║xx P Y R R H U S xxA L E X A N D E R xxG R E Yxx║▌║▌║█│▌xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  T h exxxxxx F i r e xxxxxx B r e a t h e rxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Be careful making wishes in the darkxxxxx
                                  ______________________________________________________________________

Pyrrhus didn't see what the big deal was at first. He watched as the acrobat and the Escape Artist had their little rendez vous, half wondering why it had to be him if he didn't know what he was doing anyway. It was over fast enough though, clearly whatever had to be done wasn't that complicated, and he watched as the trick was set up, that same half-bored look on his face, though he really was interested in seeing what the big twist to the trick was going to be.

When the trick actually started, at first it just looked like a regular water trick. One hand free, then a second, look how cool I am. And then....Well, then Alaizabel dropped the key, He suspected it was intentional, but he was impressed by the believability of her freak-out in the tank. He had to admit he was a little concerned even though he knew it was all going to go well, and he found his arms uncrossing themselves and his posture shifting forward like at any second he was going to rush forward and help. Especially with the way that the Acrobat looked frightened when he looked out at the two of them. But he assumed that it was just a part of the act as well.

Still, he nearly did rush forward and help when she floated forward in the glass, looking weak and bluish from lack of oxygen, and knocked on it. It might have been his imagination, but it seemed like there was a legitimate look of fear in her eyes that scared him more than the panicking thrashes had. But then Icarus dropped the curtain and there was a still period of dead silence in which he could almost hear his heartbeat before he heard a crass shout from just behind him. He turned around to see that it was just Alaiza putting on some sort of cockney accent for the act and he couldn't help but let out a little huff of a laugh as his lips turned up into a small, but satisfied looking smile. When Icarus started clapping, Pyrrhus nodded in acknowledgement at Alaiza and clapped along, more because he was impressed than because Alaiza had said it was a requirement, though he did remember the condition.

"Nice Show, Al." He said simply before looking at the Ringmaster and giving him a little nod of his head that could have turned into a bow, before walking away back to his practice space. He wasn't about to mince words or use up more time so that Morgan could harp at him about it later, assuming that he was out to get him soon. He had one more trick to practice before he came by anyway and he could talk to Alaiza about her trick later.

______________________________________________________________________
                                  Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Light 'em up, I'm on fire.
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx╔═════════════════════════╗
Currently at: Alaizabel's tank || With: alaizabel, The Ringmaster, icarus
xxxxxxxxxx╚═════════════════════════╝

Premium Husband

User Image

__________________________________________________мσяgαи νσи fαυѕтυѕ

The feared and mighty Ringmaster of Cirque de Tromperie was known for his steely exterior and even more rigid countenance when it came to his performers, that is, if he was in a good mood. And though smiles and laughs were not rare when it came to times when it was deemed appropriate, the moment Morgan set his mind to work, the cool and collected facade of the Ringmaster became the prominent face. But there were times when his sturdy personality was tested, and though typically it was Maiya or Ava that had pushed the balance; this was not one of those times. This was a rare moment when Morgan's patience and resilience were tested. Why? Perhaps it was the fatigue of the constant work, perhaps it was the earlier conversation with Ava that had started it, or perhaps it rested all on the performance of the parade; or more realistically, it was a combination of all three. Regardless of the source of the wear and tear, the tyrannical nature of the Ringmaster came in endless and confusing waves that made it difficult for the troupe to judge the actions and intents and of the Ringmaster. It was cruel, really, for Morgan to act this way. His mood-swings, much like the ones today, were almost always directed at a source that did not deserve them and that source was primarily the performers. He has started off in a tired, but generally amiable mood, then it had soured during the conversation with Ava. Then, things grew worse during the parade, but Taubryn's and Maiya's performances had cheered him up. And just like a gust of wind knocking over a tower of carefully stacked cards, now, it had been obliterated. Morgan von Faustus was not happy. Not in the least. And the true pain of it was...none of the performers were even at fault. Not even Aliazabel.

But that would not prevent Morgan for lashing out at them when he snapped. He was already drawn taut like a bowstring stretched too far and watching Icarus helping the young lady lock herself onto the tank only made it worse. He could feel every fiber and nerve in his body seizing up and tensing. His fingers were drumming against his arm nervously and his chest was rising and falling with each deep breath he took. After what felt like hours for Icarus to lock the girl securely to the tank's platform, he continued to watch as his eyes darkened considerably when the acrobat retreated to pull the lever. The Ringmaster was deaf as the girl shouted her practiced speech, his eyes entirely focused on the tank that was about to swallow up the woman. It was about to consume her and hold her tightly like a beast latching onto its prey. Like one of Ava's cats attacking-, No. That was unfair to both of the women. They were capable and strong. Neither would allow themselves to be overwhelmed and torn apart...would they? And as Alaizabel finished her speech and flashed a confident and radiant smile, Morgan felt his temperance slipping. "Ready-No! He was not ready-One...This is-Two...Not going-Three!"-To work! Simultaneously as Alaizabel's platform dropped, so did Morgan's stomach.

Morgan's gaze didn't waver from the girl the moment she sank into the cold water. His heel tapped rapidly against the ground as Alaizabel made quick work with the locks, pale golden eyes watching every movement and nueance the girl was putting into her act. Okay...good...she's got her right hand...good...quicker...she needs to be faster. At this rate- And then it happened. Morgan watched as the pick drifted out of her reach. Like a leaf caught in the wind, it fluttered to and fro through the water, sinking lower and lower. And with each inch that it fled from the girl's grasp, Morgan felt his breath escape from him as if he were the one in that tank with no way to breathe. When the lock pick hit the bottom of the tank, Morgan felt as if the sound had been amplified and blasted in his ears. He watched as it precariously danced on the metal grate for a split second before jumping below into oblivion, Alaizabel's fingers grasping desperately for it. Then, the moment Alaizabel herself realized she was in trouble, Morgan felt himself slip the surly bonds of reality as memory invaded his senses and he was back there again. The escape artist was showing him the very same act, though, with significantly less confidence. And when she had been dropped into the tank, the Ringmaster had been less than impressed with the act. He had seen it performed by others before. And when she had begun to panic, Morgan had thought of it as cheap acting until he saw it; the fear in her eyes. True fear, the type that rips your breath and stills your heart all while making your body feel like its burning with electricity at the same time. When her eyes had begun to search for help, the Ringmaster had hesitated. She was nothing but a contract, a simple account of accrued debt. If she died, her debt would simply transfer if she had family and if not, well...a loss was a loss. He would make up for the lost years with some other contract. Besides, he had let others die in much less dramatic fashion. But...there was something pulling at him. Some sort of distant...beckoning that had been pulling on him for some time now. Was it obligation? Some sort of requirement as a man to help a woman? Or...something else?

Panic

There was panic now as she slammed her hands desperately against the glass. And something in the background had snapped, and Morgan was running forward with an pry bar-

Except this time, there was no heavy piece of metal in his hands. And the moment Alaizabel had begun to pull and yank desperately against the chains and shackles, Morgan was moving before he could stop himself. Icarus' desperate gaze had only spurned the Ringmaster on as he practically threw himself on the tank, his hands smashing against the glass. Something along the lines of; "Itoldyounevertodothistrickagain! ThisiswhyIcan'ttrustanyone!" had tumbled out of his mouth in his panic, the words completely smashed together in near incomprehensible sentences. It had been some time since he had been prompted into a blind panic. With each blow against the glass, he knew that he could break it. The reconstruction of the previous tank had been rebuilt with sturdy, but thin glass that would withstand the pressure of the water from the inside, but yet still rather vulnerable to outside forces. Morgan knew this. He had been the one to demand it be put in the reconstruction plan. And he was going to rejoice in his brilliance once Alaizabel was plucked from the tank and demoted to stagehand, because like hell would he allow her to do this again if she lived. Morgan was going to make sure-

-his thought process had completely ceased when the curtain dropped and Alaizabel disappeared from view. The terrible and monstrous Ringmaster had been reduced to utter panic and when the source of his panic suddenly disappeared, he was struck nearly dumb with the surprise. Golden eyes turned to Icarus as the boy dutifully followed Alaizabel's commands, but had left Morgan completely in the dark. A terrible and dark look crossed his face and he growled like a beast as he slammed his hand once more against the glass. "What are you doing you damned fool!?" He hissed terribly, baring his teeth. But before he could make another move, a voice called out from somewhere behind him-"Oh come on, did we pay money for this tripe? Give us something actually interesting to watch!"-and Morgan whirled around to face the familiar call. It took a moment or two to register in the Ringmaster's mind just exactly what was going on. But when it finally dawned on him...when it finally hit him that he had been tricked, Morgan dropped his hand from the tank and stepped back slightly. His chest rose and fell several times as he took a few deep breaths while Icarus and Pyrrhus joined in congratulating the escape artist on her successful trick.

I...she...she is alright...it was a trick...? It was...a trick! It was a trick!? Morgan stood with his shoulders hunched slightly, still breathing rather harshly until his brows furrowed and his hands clenched tightly. It was a trick! He had been completely blindsided by the escape artist and her cohorts and Morgan could feel the itching and burning sensation of an angry blush creeping up his neck. He, the Ringmaster of Tromperie, had been fooled by a woman...And for the first time since he had met the girl, Morgan found pride in her actions. She had not drowned and she was safe. And he had been completely and utterly fooled him. There was not much that surprised the Ringmaster anymore and she had managed to do the one thing that he figured impossible. It was terribly embarrassing. Not to mention, he had acted so brashly and foolishly, he imagined he must have looked to be an idiot to Pyrrhus and Icarus. That only made the blush of indignation worse as it crept over his cheeks. Oh how they must be laughing inside! That thought alone made his demeanor sour despite the radiating sense of pride he had in his escape artist; and as Pyrrhus promptly made his exit from the group, Morgan refused to look at Aliazabel. He couldn't address her just yet. Instead, Icarus would once again be the Ringmaster's prey as he rounded on the acrobat and jabbed his index finger at the tent. "You! Get back to the tent! I'll be coming to see the acrobats next and you've wasted enough time by standing there and clapping like a fool!" Morgan said with more bite than perhaps he had intended. "All of you will be assessed next." Upon dismissing the acrobat, Morgan finally turned to address Alaizabel. Yes, she was successful and yes, inside where no one could see, he was proud of her. If she could convince Morgan, she could convince an audience, right? And wasn't that Morgan always demanded of them? To entrap the audience, captivate them, and ensnare them with awe and magic?

"The act was...good. You should practice on your acting if you're going to convince your audience you're panicking..." Morgan muttered, his pale golden eyes barely able to hold her gaze. Without waiting for a reply or even a question, Morgan turned sharply on his heel before waving his hand dismissively. "Get this thing cleaned up and ready for tomorrow. I expect you to be able to pull off the same stunt tomorrow..." Morgan said as he walked back to the Big Top. He had to leave quickly before the blush became too obvious, especially considering he was trying to avoid congratulating her. Promptly dismissing himself, Morgan hurried to the large tent and dramatically tossed aside the heavy canvas curtain that acted as a door as the Ringmaster entered the Big Top once again, looking even more frazzled than he had been the first time. "Kimber, August, Icarus, Aloise!" Morgan called out each acrobat's name, "I can address your individual acts later, I want to see the combined number!" He hollered like a spoiled child demanding dessert before dinner.

In the nightfall you will be a thrall , Of his evil lies cruel nightmare like black prayer full of scorn and vice
      The end of the balance is your defeat while you dance the Devil’s suite , Climb the tower it’s the hour
      Dream the reality out your flesh husks in the soul dusk
      come your agony
      You’re falling down so falls the mask
      it’s time to answer and ask

Location::Outside w/ Pyrrhus, Alaizabel, & Icarus - > Coming after you acrobats!
      Tagged::Alaizabel, Icarus, Pyrrhus -> Icarus, Kimber, August, Aloise
      fangbanger18
      WhatTact
      happydog911
      Villainess Harley Quinn
      xXx Fox Trot xXx

Anxious Loiterer

User Image
                      User Image·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´
                                                                  There was no hiding it- Alaizabel was smiling. And it wasn't one of her typical pleasant-but-distant smile. This girl was beaming, eyes bright and full of a strange mix of joy, pride, and absolute bone-chilling terror. There was no guarantee how anyone would react to this sort of thing (after all. Pyrrhus and Morgan weren't exactly in on the trick in the slightest and Icarus... well, what if he just hadn't liked it? What if it was a bad trick?), but it didn't matter because she had done it. She wasn't that weak, insignificant little brat she had been when she had first begrudgingly joined the cirque, dedicating herself to an act that she had no business ever being a part of. She wasn't just some petulant, jaded noble who had decided to take up escape arts because it sounded like the less of many evils in the circus. She wasn't just a scared little girl, unwilling to exert the effort necessary to hone her talents, bitter about her circumstances and constantly allowing herself to become the victim of a self-induced drama. She was Alaizabel Conway, new and improved, and she finally, finally could say that she had performed the way she wanted to. She could finally have some damned pride in her act instead of feeling so inadequate, so inferior to the other more talented performers. She was worthy... right?

At least, for the moment she felt that way. She couldn't even imagine doing that for an audience. As it was, she was relishing in the applause that her two viewers were giving her (plus Icarus's loud whistles were bolstering her quite nicely). Alaizabel's heart was racing, threatening to bust out of her chest. She wasn't used to this- praise of any variety, people being actually interested in her, or well... success, really. There was something about escaping from boxes or trucks that just didn't have that pizzaz to it. It left something to be desired. But this.... This was something that could really attract an audience. And I did it~! She felt a laugh bubble in her throat, looking between Icarus and Pyrrhus in excitement. Icarus's smile would have been contagious if she hadn't already had what she knew was most assuredly a stupid grin still plastered across her face. Pyrrhus was clapping (she hoped it was that he was impressed, not that he was earlier mandated, but she just decided to believe it was the former).

"Nice Show, Al."

Just those three words meant more to her than she could ever express. She nodded her head a bit with a short laugh of, "Thank you so very much, Pyrrhus!" She quickly pondered if she should have given him a nickname- he had called her Al, after all, which was a more personal gesture she thought- but she couldn't be bothered too much with politeness when she was so damn happy about what she'd done. He'd even smiled a little, just enough, but from Pyrrhus she knew it was enough. Even if they didn't talk terribly often, she had seen him around and spent enough time with him that she could be sure that it meant something of import, and in the situation it must pertain to her act. She had done a good job. She could be pleased....

Her gold eyes ventured toward where the Ringmaster had been standing mere moments before (moments? Gosh, it must have been longer than that, but with her adrenaline pumping the way it had been it had only felt like seconds for her), and found herself strangely surprised to see that he wasn't there anymore. No, in fact, her eyes scanned the area, quickly settling on him from where he stood in his new spot. She felt her stomach plummet through the ground immediately. He looked awful, as in she could physically tell that he wasn't behaving normally. She had never realized that someone's simple posture could affect her quite so much, but seeing him- shoulders hunched, breathing uneven, eyes hidden almost entirely by the shaggy black mess of hair she'd grown so accustomed to seeing neat and held high that she didn't know how to react when it was bowed and shaking. She had known the trick would get to him- after all he'd seen her previous, godawful humiliation of an attempt. But this? This was worse than she had anticipated. Her smile fell from her face faster than she would have believed possible, and she felt her pride in her act pitter and fade into the back of her mind, now replaced with anxiety and guilt- oh, so much guilt. She couldn't stand to cause someone any kind of pain, be it physical or mental, and this had obviously taken a tole on Morgan that she hadn't anticipated. What made it worse was that she could see it- physically see it- on his person. That.. that petrified her where she stood, eyes locked on him in horrified awe.

Then her mind took a strange, surprising turn. There's no way, she pondered. There's no way he cares that much. The thought itself was a shock to her, but she was right- this was Morgan she was considering. Morgan the Ringmaster. Morgan, the horrifying, angry beast that held them all here by their very souls and being. She would never say such a thing to him- she didn't know if he had ever had any choice in his position either, as it were, and let alone was it offensive, but it honestly wasn't how she thought of him anymore. But seeing him now, standing there- oh god, was he blushing? no no way he couldn't be-, she had to admit that this was likely the most human moment she had seen of him in a very long time. Ever since her failed trick, she had tried to be polite and dignified around him, trying to prove herself without resorting to kissing up or unsavory tactics; she wanted to be appreciated for what she could do for the cirque, not what he necessarily thought of her as a person. But she had never tried to be particularly distant- just don't get in the way, be polite, reserve yourself, and make sure that you're doing what you have to do. But because of her failure, her indignation to be seen as just the little girl who managed to botch a seemingly simple act and have to be rescued (the word left a sour taste in her mouth), she had let a sort of schism grow, she felt. A rift that she couldn't bring herself to overcome had been stopping her from ever pursuing what may have been a fairly decent friendship. Hell, not many people at the cirque could boast the reading list that she knew Morgan could, but she had never approached it. Because she was scared. Because he wouldn't like her. Because she had failed and lost his respect, and she couldn't approach him before she proved herself. She had hoped, somewhere deep down, that this trick, this act would make it better. Somehow, Morgan would have seen her growth and shown pride in what she did. But seeing him now, she felt as though she had been dipped in a tank of iced water rather than just the slightly frigid drink she had evacuated. Seeing him now, she knew she had made a mistake.

Had she ruined everything...?

The thought provoked a strange, indiscernible emotion deep in her belly that she couldn't put a finger on, but she felt her throat close a bit at the thought and quickly stifled it. He hadn't even said anything yet- don't do something stupid like get emotional now...

She opened her mouth to speak before her brain had even caught up to her lips. Thankfully she was cut off by Morgan (who was quite obviously avoiding looking at Alaizabel, much to her dismay). He wheeled on Icarus, poor Icarus, for the second time that day. "You! Get back to the tent! I'll be coming in to see the acrobats next and you've wasted enough time by standing here and clapping like a fool! All of you will be assessed next." Alaizabel felt her body literally flinch away from him, her hands balled and her arms held tightly by her side. Oh she had done one hell of a number on this one. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid- Why that trick- why had she picked that trick of all the tricks... and poor Icarus... Her guilt mounted, and the anxiety and fear that she so commonly felt in highly tense situations was coiling up her spine and tensing her shoulders. She presently bit her lip, trying to compose herself, trying to reassure herself that she had done a good job, she had nothing to be miserable about, nothing to be concerned about-

He'd turned to address her, and she felt herself stiffen. It wasn't something he would miss, and her self-reproach only settled more heavily on her mind. This wasn't a time to be burdening him further- she had obviously wronged him, she didn't need to make him worry about upsetting her. Not that he ever would. This was Morgan after all. But after a display like what she had seen, could she even be fully sure he was made of the same mettle that she had previously thought? She suddenly wanted him to be angry, to spit fire and have his head spin the way she had read in horrific books about exorcisms and terror. The girl who was absolutely loath to deal in situations of confrontation and distain was practically begging for his rage- it was a prayer she was unfamiliar with making.

"The act was.... good. You should practice on your acting if you're going to convince your audience you're panicking..."

No, no, no this was the opposite of what she wanted. He was quiet, mumbling, his eyes flitting cautiously from looking at her to looking away. He couldn't even look at her, and somehow that was the final straw. She dropped her head, unwilling to let him see the tears that threatened her pride. She wouldn't cry, she'd done well, she'd finally done well-!

So why was it like this?

"Get this thing cleaned up and ready for tomorrow. I expect you to be able to pull off the same stunt tomorrow..."

He spun sharply away and left without another word. She felt her teeth cutting into her lip, her hands shaking, still balled. Her nails were cutting into her palms and she was only distantly aware that she could very well be doing harm to herself, but she wasn't concerned about that. She had managed to screw up. Again. How had she let him down? She had succeeded, but.... Apparently success meant nothing with Morgan. At least, not like this. Results were supposed to be good. Accomplishing a trick was supposed to make him... well... what? What had she been expecting? Happiness? A hearty slap on the back and a laugh and a "Good show, Alaizabel, you're not a complete failure anymore in my eyes?" How juvenile. How unrealistic.

"God, I'm such a fool." she whispered to herself, cursing her own bloody feelings as she felt a tear drip from her eyelashes and fall to the ground. She wiped them away aggressively. She would not let anyone else see her cry. That was the last thing she needed to do.

Alaizabel spun round, spotting Icarus as he descended the stairs. Morgan wasn't the only one she would have to (somehow) make this up to. She scurried over to his side, some part of her mind vaguely aware that if anyone would notice her repressed tears it would likely be Icarus but also not caring because he knew what had happened while she was in the tank. She suddenly had to know.

All walls were dropped, all facades cast aside. She grabbed his elbow, perhaps a bit more roughly than she had intended, and asked, "What happened?" Damn, her voice was betraying her, cracking a bit. She cleared her throat, averting her gaze and dropping her hands. "I mean... the tank is reflective. I couldn't seen Pyrrhus's or Mor-... Morgan's reactions." Alaizabel peeked back up at him through the dripping mess of her bangs. One of her ribbons seemed to have escaped in the duration of the trick, so her face was slightly more concealed than it usually was when she did this. Maybe he wouldn't notice how worried Alaizabel's eyes were, how stricken and nervous she seemed compared to mere moments- had it been moments? Time seemed to be moving all kinds of weird as of late- before. "I mean, you know, did it go over... well?" She was supposed to be happy, and she was so used to faking.... she tilted her head up a bit, forcing a small, discrete smile on her lips. "Also I'm sorry that Morgan yelled at you. That was entirely my fault. I'll make it up to you- you've done me a great service here today, so thank you so much." She inclined her head a bit, then looked back to him, hoping for an answer that didn't involve something that would make her feel worse...

·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´
                                                                ʟocaтɪoɴ: The Tank xxxxxxxx ϻσσɗ:So proud, but abruptly completely devastatedxxxxxxxx ωɪтʜ: Pyrrhus, Icarus, and Morgan --> Icarusxxxxxxxx σσc:I am so sorry

Peculiar Cultist

19,175 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
**** xx x xxx x xx ****
T h e xx A c r o b a txxxxxxxxxxx

When Morgan started pounding on the glass, Icarus genuinely felt bad for him, that panic....that panic was real even if Alaizabel's wasn't.
                                        'I told you never to do this trick again this is why i can't trust anyone.' s**t. He hoped Alaiza couldn't hear Morgan through the glass. He hoped that she couldn't see him either. When Morgan bared his teeth and hissed at him Icarus shook his head, wanting to tell him it was okay, that it was really okay. But the trick was over soon enough and it was revealed that all really was well.

All told, Morgan's reaction after the trick was over certainly could have been worse.

Icarus' flash of pride at how well Alaiza had done was crushed in a second by a quick brush of ice when the Ringmaster scowled and hissed again. His smile fell slightly, but he fought to keep it up anyway at least in some small capacity. "Yes Sir." he murmured, appearing to shrink right before their eyes. He climbed down quickly and was just about to start running off to the big top to get the other acrobats together when Alaizabel caught his arm. She looked upset after her assessment from Morgan...was she crying? But she didn't give him time to check on her before launching into her questions.

The reflective glass certainly explained a lot, and Icarus's gaze flicked away when she asked how it had gone, not wanting to make her feel worse. "Morgan thought your acting was very realistic." he said trying to keep from explaining his reaction too much while telling as much truth as he could. "I think it went over okay. I mean, it certainly worked. He was convinced." Icarus kept his little smile in place and looked back up at Alaizabel despite the ice that slipped through him as the Ringmaster's desperate words echoed in his head again. "And the Ringmaster yelling was hardly your fault, he's been in a mood all day. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow. He almost always is." Icarus reassured her, giving her hand a little squeeze. "Speaking of, I'm sorry to run, i really am, but I need to get to the bigtop," his words were slightly hurried as he looked toward the tent then gave her one last smile he forced a little wider as he took off sprinting toward the tent.

Icarus rushed in in the wake of Morgan's 'grand' entrance, slipping in behind him before the curtain dropped back down. He regretted that he hadn't been able to get in before morgan, but he had needed that quick talk with Alaizabel. He ran right past Morgan and into the performance space while The Ringmaster hollered everyone's names to round them up for assessment. He knew that they hadn't had time to rehearse this as much as they should have, everyone had thought that they would be nearly the last to go before Morgan since they were the biggest group and had to get themselves organized. But instead, no, he was here for them and Icarus was letting nerves slip in far more than usual because of the way that Morgan had seemingly honed in on him today. Was it all 'revenge' for messing up on his horse today because of that Child? He pushed the thought away and quickly rushed to get the equipment for the routine set up correctly and get everything else out of the way while he waited for August and Aloise to get back into the practice space.

_________________________________________________________________
                                        My spirit sings loud and clear, even in here.
                                        { Location: Tank >> Big Top || With: Alaizabel >>Morgan, Kimber, Aloise, Gust }xUser Image
          User Image
          User Image
                                                                  Rhythm grunted something close to a response and tried to suppress another yawn from coming with little luck. He rested his head in his hand and stared silently at his companion. He wasn’t sure if he was lying or really, truly fine. Though he was usually not one to pay attention to much, he sometimes caught the doctor trying to play off things that really bothered him as nothing. It was unhealthy. There was doing one’s job and there was being a total, secretive dumbass. Two very different things that he sometimes wondered if the doctor knew the difference. He worried for the man, since he seemed to be such a bleeding heart and cared so, so much. Were they as close as Dam and Brynn, he would have said something. At the moment, he settled for silence. Though he couldn’t help but reach out and place a hand on the doctor’s head. His eyes narrowed briefly then he smiled and ruffled his hair. Brynn could deal with him later if on the off chance he was lying and knock some sense into him. Literally.

He pulled his hand back and looked around. Deeming the coast clear for now, he slid down to lay fully on the ground. He figured he had some time to take a small nap. He knew Dam wouldn’t rat him out. But before he could do much more than blink, Dam raised a very good point. A very good, but unwanted point. Something that he had wanted to shove in the back of his mind but the universe apparently was against him. Rhythm closed his eyes and muttered, “No.” Screw the universe. It could wait. He and the love of his life had some hours to catch up on. But of course, Dam’s words continued to echo in his brain like a particularly annoying bee. He groaned and flipped over to rest on his stomach. Though Dam wouldn’t pester him, like some people, he somehow felt some sort of obligation to actually listen to him. Maybe it was because he had helped him so much when he had been injured in the past. Maybe it was because he was slowly going mad due to lack of sleep. Maybe he was just hungry again. Whatever it was, it made him peer up at the doctor though his fringe of hair and scrunch his face up with disgust.

He let out a breath and pushed himself up onto his knees then up some more, until he was standing. Rhythm yawned and did what could be classified as a cartwheel but somehow looked like he just fell over. Despite that, it flowed smoothly into his next actions and wasn’t as awkward as he had been expecting. Muscle memory, he mused. Placing both hands on the ground he lifted himself up into a handstand. He held the position for a few seconds, then folded his body to the side until his feet touched the ground. Rhythm straightened up again and sent a look towards the doctor. He moved forward then knelt down to his eye level. The brief smile that appeared on his face was all the warning he gave before he moved forward and wrapped his arms around Dam’s shorter form. He stood up and lifted him with ease, but made sure to mind his injured leg. He didn’t want to make things worse. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes as he said, “Practice.” He debated on placing him on his shoulders, like how he did with Icarus, and walking around a bit but once again his laziness won out and he simply set the good doctor back down. As gently as he could. Rhythm smiled, wide and happy, then flopped back to his original position. “Done.” He declared. And hopefully done for the day as well.

ʟocaтɪoɴ: somewhere outside xxxxxxxxx cσϻpaɴʏ: Dam xxxxxxxxx σσc: well...he did say he wanted to help ^^

xXx Fox Trot xXx

Anxious Loiterer

User Image
                      User Image·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´
                                                                  Alaizabel knew he was trying to be helpful. Icarus was sparing her feelings, and she knew it. Clearly he had seen straight through her (not that she'd been trying too hard to conceal it) and was attempting to stave off any more anxiety. He was such a sweet man, always taking care of others, but she needed a straight answer. Her stomach was turning and her heart pounding. Sparing her feelings was a missed chance. She needed facts. She needed something that would soothe her mind, and for some reason, she thought that knowledge, just the sheer knowledge of what she had missed, would help.

"Morgan thought your acting was very realistic."

No. Please. Tell me.

"I think it went over okay. I mean, it certainly worked. He was convinced."

Anything. Tell me anything. Please. What had he done? What had he said? She was abruptly reminded of the pounding on the glass she had heard and her mind reeled. He had been close to the tank. Oh how she hoped he hadn't done anything that would have embarrassed himself. He was a very proud man, one who didn't take kindly public displays of emotion. She couldn't imagine him having a public averse reaction to her act would smooth over very well, even with polite coaxing. She felt herself shiver, abruptly reminded that she was still soaked to the bone. So the chill she was feeling wasn't just her panic- she was actually just cold. Wasn't that rich. Her least favorite states of being were compounding into one moment, and she felt as though her insides were vibrating with nerves.

"And the Ringmaster yelling was hardly your fault. He's been in a mood all day. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow. He almost always is. Speaking of, I'm sorry to run, I really am, but I need to get to the bigtop." He dashed off after one final quick grin. His reassurance should have been helpful. Icarus was always helpful to her, for just about everything. Since she had allowed herself to get attached (and everyone knew how hard it was for her to do that), Icarus had been a constant support system for Alaizabel. She would more describe it as a crutch, which she despaired on but knew Icarus would disagree. He was a kind soul- someone too kind for her to honestly even be friends with. For some reason, he had decided to befriend her though. Since that point on, she'd always been able to count on him to lift her spirits, to comfort her about little, innocuous junk that honestly shouldn't have worried her.

So why wasn't it working?

As she stood rooted to the spot, she felt ice circulating through her veins. She could always rely on Icarus. She didn't know what to do when it didn't work. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to do when tried and true fell through. Her mind was reeling, racing through the names of people she figured she could turn to (Maybe? She wasn't even sure they existed, to be honest...). Pyrrhus? She had distracted him enough- he needed practice and she had selfishly drawn him away in the first place. She couldn't ask him for more time now. Paul...? No, he was sent to town. This whole mess likely would have been averted had it been any other way, what with Paul typically conducting these critiques. Besides, he was a busy man, with a lot of different tasks to complete. She couldn't pull him away from his work. August? August was an acrobat. Morgan was with them now. There was no way she could take him away from that, especially considering Morgan... Morgan was the last person she wanted to see right now...

Yet deep down he was likely the only person she wanted to see right now. She wanted to fix this. Alaizabel, the most non-confrontational person in history, wanted to march into the bigtop, snag Morgan by the ear, drag him back to her room, flip open to her favorite Edgar Allan Poe poem, and read to him while she made tea. Reading and tea- that was the way to diffuse anything. Surely that had to help somehow....? But it wouldn't. She knew it wouldn't. She'd really done herself in and coping had never been her strong suit.

She was suddenly jolted back to reality, passively curious as to how long she had been standing there in reverie. Nothing had changed around her, except that she was alone... lord was she alone. She wrapped her arms around her torso, and for a brief moment it felt like that was all that would hold her together. It shouldn't have turned out like this.... she chided herself, her hands digging into her bare arms as she shook. She was wet and exposed and starting to get just too chill in the dusk breeze. This was supposed to be her chance to shine. This was her opportunity to finally prove herself and to escape the shackles of the old, failure of a child. But this was one lock that wouldn't be so easily cracked. She'd been trying for so long, fighting within herself, practicing and practicing, yearning and stretching and pulling at herself, but this was one trap she couldn't escape- a trap of her own invention. People knew Alaizabel, and they knew of her distance, her facade. Not many really fought too hard to crack it, and when they did she was commonly known to push them away, if not at first then later on when things began to get just too close for comfort. She had built herself a hell of her own design, and now she'd have to stew in it. But why- why couldn't she just have had the one thing, the one trick?

She crumpled in on herself, leaning a bit forward and taking to biting her lip- it was somehow comforting to feel something other than her own blood in her ears and her heart beating out of her chest. No. Composure. She would just distance herself. That was the convenience of the game. She would just arrest her heart, arrest her nerves, and become the ice she so loathed. It was a simple matter. Just a few deep breaths, and...

Nothing. She was shocked. It wasn't... working.... nothing was working. She stood stock straight, now more alarmed than anxious. Why couldn't she get past this....? She shook her whole body, as though it were something she could physically remove from herself. No, she was done with this- it was stupid! This whole thing was stupid, and she could handle herself, Morgan's approval or not! She would not be rattled so deeply by some dumb, angry, confusing, and irritating man. No one should have such a sway.

Alaizabel twisted her body until she was facing the bigtop, auto-piloting herself to the entrance. The canvas blocked her path, a barrier between her and what she wanted. She could hear hollering from just beyond and knew, just knew, that it was Morgan chastising the acrobats. They had, no doubt, not expected him to return with a vengeance- after all, he had actually seemed relatively pleasant until Alaizabel had come along. She took a deep breath, steeling herself. She could handle this. She would support Icarus the way he had supported her, and she would be fine. She would be fine. She would be fine. She would be-

But as she lifted her hand to push aside the drapery she suddenly knew that she wasn't fine. She wasn't in a position to deal with people. She couldn't be seen. She was shaking, somehow torn between being furious and being just defeated. It was an unpleasant combination that she believed no amount of Bram Stoker could appease. Alaizabel wanted out. She wanted away from the circus, away from the debt, away from the miserable knowledge that even when she worked herself raw she would still manage to disappoint the one person that it actually would matter if they cared about it.

She turned away from the tent and dropped to her knees, finally completely defeated. So much effort...

She found herself focusing before she could rationalize, tell herself to stop, it was a stupid decision. Without opening her eyes, she knew that it was night now- after all, different places in the world were experiencing different times. She opened her eyes. The lush green of the meadow was basked in a serene, pale light from the moon. The lake flickered in the light, entirely still save for the waves bouncing in the light breeze. Taller foliage swayed in the wind, and the trees rattled pleasantly. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. It was useless. She gave in. No one could see her crying here anyway. Some rational part of her knew that it wasn't so bad, that Morgan just was exactly what he was- distant, aloof, and above all a harsh critic, which as the leader of a renowned circus you would have to be. But knowing that she had not only shaken him, but had achieved a whole new tier of anger that she'd never seen? She'd never meant to hurt him. She'd never thought she could hurt him. But men were not constructed of steel and iron the way the world was now. Somewhere in him, she supposed he had to care about the members of the circus, even if it somehow eluded her mind that he would ever be so inclined as to concern himself over her safety. She hated conflict. She hated disappointing people. She hated that she had worked for so hard for so long to make him proud, and had somehow managed to only strain their relationship more.

She wasn't even sure how long had passed when she dragged herself to her feet. She was reminded suddenly how silly she must look. It wasn't common to see a woman in a shining leotard in the middle of the field, drenched, now covered in dirt and grass, walking zombie-like toward a lake and groping the ground for stones. But she didn't care. No one came to this lake. No, this was Alaizabel's safe place. She visited here as often as she dared, especially at times like this when she felt the most hopeless. She wanted to say that something about the lake was inspiring, that looking upon it reminded her that everything would turn out alright and that she would somehow achieve inner balance someday.

The truth was she liked throwing things. She liked throwing things hard, far, and yelling with the effort of doing so. No one was around here for miles, so she knew she was safe. Her eyes landed on a particularly hefty looking stone near the edge of the water, where her grass no longer grew and only a sandy bank stretched before the expanse. She deftly reached down, tossing it up once to assess its weight. It was fairly large. She could handle that. Alaizabel reared her arm back, then chucked the stone with all her might and cried out, watching it arc over the water and crash through the surface with a strangely dissatisfying ploosh. Hmmm... she'd need more rocks. She watched the ripples tear across the surface of the lake and flopped down on the shore. No need for daintiness or appearances or really giving a damn. She reached blindly to her right for more rocks. Maybe that was the problem- she was throwing off-handed. She found a smaller stone and shifted it to her left hand and sent it sailing. This one made it further, to her delight, but being a smaller size, it didn't have the force to create much splash. But she didn't mind. Just the action itself was helping somehow.

It wasn't just Alaizabel's body that was cold by this point. Her face, still damp from the tears trailing down her face, was particularly chilled in the breeze, which was substantially larger here than it had been standing outside the bigtop at the circus. It felt like a storm was likely coming through, and while she was already soaked and frigid, she was not keen on getting rained on any time soon. But that didn't look like it was going to happen for a while. Perhaps people wouldn't notice if she stayed for just a little longer...

Alaizabel suddenly felt everything- it wasn't easy on her to use her magic often. Teleporting from the tank had already taken massive effort, and she usually restrained herself to maybe two teleportations a day (and that was on a job) and even that usually exhausted her horribly. She'd now managed to stick herself in a situation where not just twice, but a third teleportation would be needed. She shivered a bit, silently scolding herself for not thinking this through. But she did feel immensely better to have escaped to her safe place. It was one place no one would ever reach her. No one would ever know. This was her little corner of the world. She backed away from the lake and into the plush nature, making herself comfortable and peering at the sky. She could put together some constellations. She'd been meaning to do that since she read that one book with the drawings of star shapes in it. It had been fascinating. Maybe she'd find some.. Maybe she'd think of a solution to her problems.

Alaizabel needed to rest anyway, right? She could relax, look at the stars, and ponder what to do about Morgan later. No one would miss her for just an hour, right? They had other, more important assessments to complete, and she could be back before anyone noticed. She shut her eyes. She could apologize to Morgan. She knew she could do it. She just had to be prepared for him to come back at her with anger. She needed to somehow be stronger, but strength of character wasn't something that she could improve by looking inwardly, at least not how she had been. She needed to confront this head on. "When I get back..." she mumbled, placing her arm over her eyes. "When I get back, I'll go to his office. I'll tell him that I'm sorry for... for... what, upsetting him? No, that sounds impertinent... presumptuous... hmmm... for being rude and unbecoming with my trick. I should have been honest and forthright. I'll apologize in that fashion.... then maybe... I don't know..." Then maybe she could figure out what the heck she even wanted. But that was neither here nor there. For now, she was relaxing, freezing, in the middle of her favorite field, lounging by her favorite lake, and being soothed by the calm serenity of the wind and the waves.

·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·.¸¸.·´
                                                                ʟocaтɪoɴ: The Tank --> Her sanctuary xxxxxxxx ϻσσɗ:At war with herselfxxxxxxxx ωɪтʜ: Icarus--> Alonexxxxxxxx σσc:To Damuron!

Firebreathing Gekko

I believe it's time for me to become famous and out of place
    I believe its time for me to move forward when I break through.
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxȺѵᾳ ℳoɾᾳɳ, the ℒɪoɳ-Ⱦᾳмϵɾ
        Companions: Her cats(and everyone who is in the Bigtop)

It would take at least two minutes for the animal handlers to adjust the chute to the proper lion's cage and for the cat to come to her, assuming the animal felt like cooperating and leaving his cage. So Ava wasn't focused just yet, hadn't quite started to block out everything that happened outside the cage. Once she had any of the animals in the cage with her, all her attention was focused on them and her immediate surroundings. Nothing outside the iron mesh walls existed, not the music, lights, audience, performers. Nothing could distract her from the constant competition with the cats. The leopards, assuming they were in a good mood, always performed beautifully. They trusted Ava and rarely pushed her. The tigers had each pushed once, and when she didn't back down, they accepted her as the dominant cat. They didn't try to usurp her or deliberately disobey. But the lions... They were constantly battling for a higher position in the pride, struggling to displace Ava as their overlord. The cats who had been with her for years usually cooperated, and usually chose to ignore it when she slipped and made a mistake that offered them a chance to hurt her. But there were a few, Ari among them, who were constantly waiting for her to make a mistake. To step an inch too close, to let her attention slip just that much so they could test her. So Ava couldn’t afford to let her mind wander, to give the cats anything but all her focus. So far, she had never made too costly a mistake that the cats jumped on. And Merlin rarely pushed her. So she could wait until he was in the cage to tune out the outside world.

She heard footsteps and watched Aloise approach from the corner of her eye. The woman sauntered up, oozing charm and grace and beauty. "Has she been in there long? And shouldn't you be practicing darling? Morgan is the one doing the assessments must be perfect. Unless you are here because you have no one to practice with, in which case I don't mind to help." The words were harmless, but the sugary sweet tone.... It had Ava's stomach clenching. Why can't she just play with the others? Dam is wrapped around your finger, all the other boys adore you. Leave August alone. She told herself she didn't want to see Aloise use her friend like she did Dam, didn't want to see August follow anyone like a puppy. She didn't want anyone to weave August into their web, just one more conquest.

But Ava knew him. August would just laugh, brush off the woman's flirtations. She waited, paused when she didn't hear it. "We could get started on some of the trapeze stuff, I'd hate to drop you in front of Morgan." No, that wasn't right. He wasn't supposed to take Aloise up on her offer of private lessons. Ava turned to look at them, just in time to see August reach out to put a hand on Aloise's shoulder. "Do you trust me?" Her stomach, which had been tying itself into knots, dropped.

No. He...

Was he falling under Aloise's spell? Ava had just gotten her friend back, just gotten past the awkward avoidance of the last few days. And Aloise snatched him up, added him to her list of admirers. She shouldn't care. It didn't matter. He was grown, he could stupidly go after whatever elegant, sophisticated woman he wanted. And she was lying to herself. It did matter.

He mattered.

The realization floored her, left her confused and uncomfortably miserable. Of course August mattered. He was a friend, just as Icarus was. She didn’t want to see any of the performers chasing after Aloise and getting used, abused, and discarded.

“Ava! Opening the chute, pay attention!” Harold’s call snapped her back to reality, and the girl turned to face the second door in the cage. The lion stalked out, golden eyes watching her. Measuring her. He was the largest of her cats, his shoulders reaching the bottom of her ribcage. ”Merlin. Sit.” She pointed to his stand, one of twelve short platforms set around the perimeter. The cat paused, watched her. And saw something in her glare that had him looking away and going to his place.

Ava pushed all her worries to the back of her mind, ignored the way her stomach churned and knotted. Ignored the strange ache in her chest. It could wait. For now, she had to train this cat to take over her more challenging stunts.

Ava worked him for a good thirty minutes, pushing the cat to perform to her standards. She started with his basic act. Sit, jump, move here, lie down, jump onto this taller platform. She reinforced her commands, making sure he responded to both her voice and to the hand signals. Then she started on the harder tricks, her finale. She set up four platforms, each one taller than the last. The final one stood two feet taller than she was, and the thick base was surrounded by a heavy black curtain to hide whatever was beneath the curtain. Her stage set, Ava began to coach Merlin through the act, running the individual aspects over and over. Finally, she was going to put the entire act, with her performance, together. Some small part of her mind heard Morgan yelling something, the names of the acrobats,only registering his voice and aggravated tone. Even if it was directed at her, she didn’t care. All that mattered was the lion before her.

Ava ordered the lion up onto her tallest stand, the platform as tall as she was. Using the two smaller stands, he bounded up to do as commanded. He sat on it, stared down at her while hunching over like a vulture. Merlin pointedly ignored the tallest platform, the one with the curtained base. “One more. Up, Merlin.” She tapped the platform with the stock of the whip, his cue. The cat placed on foot on it, then his second front paw. Then he set his head down on the platform, refusing to cross the distance. “Really? Come on, go up!” The lion only yawned, mocking her.

With a frustrated sigh Ava stepped onto the lower platform, then second. Three feet off the ground, she set her hands on the lion’s rump and lightly pushed. “Don’t embarrass me! Come on, go up!” The lion flicked his tail in her face and shook his head. “Merlin…. Go. Up.” Ava patted his back as she ‘pushed’ again, and this time the cat heaved a great sigh and jumped onto the tallest platform, sat tall and proud. Ava followed him up, stood directly behind the cat. Now here was the hard part. “Easy boy. I’m pulling the curtain down,” she murmured. With a flourish Ava bent over, tugged on the release to drop the curtain and reveal the large, mirrored ball beneath the platform. It gave the impression that they were balancing, that both cat and girl were precariously set on top of a large glass ball. Of course, the ball was securely fastened to the base, and the platform to the ball, so there was no chance of the structure moving. But the audience didn’t know that.

Ava stood with one foot on either side of the lion and just behind his legs, Merlin’s tail draped over the edge between her legs. She stood tall, rested one hand lightly on his back and raised her hand to the crowd. Harold saw his signal, and activated the mechanism to slowly rotate the ball. During a show it would sparkle in the light, sending the spotlight dancing across the room. But now it was simply a mirrored ball crowned with a girl and her beast. Ava held the pose for one full rotation, then stepped to the side. She was now standing on the corner, directly beside the cat. “Merlin, up!” Ava lifted her hands above her head and the cat sat back on his haunches, pawed at the air. The ball kept revolving, and Ava took her bow. As she bent over Merlin roared, and Ava grinned. He had caught every cue and performed flawlessly.

The ball completed its second revolution and stopped. “Sit, good boy,” Ava said quietly. She ran down the platforms, giving Merlin the signal to do the same once she was safely on the ground and had her whips in hand again. Normally she would send the cat back through the chute now, her show complete. But today she needed to work with her full show of cats. She took a moment to scratch behind Merlin’s ears with the butt of her whip, let him rub against her legs like a housecat would on his way to his seat. She rewarded the cats with affection, and so far it had paid off.

Time to move on. “Harold! Send in the rest. I want Bast and Sekh instead of Tawni and Maliki.”

The cats filed in, and Ava sent them to their seats. “This will be your show for the next few weeks. Bast and Sekh will be replacing Maliki and Tawni. Remember your chairs. I don’t want to see you fighting over your seats. Understood?” She turned in place, looked at each cat. She stood in the center of the ring, surrounded by the animals. When each cat gave her some sort of acknowledgment, either a growl or nod, Ava moved on. She would run them through their show. It was nearly the same as before, but she would be skipping the easy acts and adding a new trick before her finale with Merlin.

“Alright. Let’s begin,” Ava told her cats. With a crack of the whip, she began calling names, bringing four of her tigers down from their seats and up onto the five taller stands set in the center of the ring. They were arranged like the fifth side of a dice: four podiums in a square with one in the center. Her four females were on the outside of the square, two orange and two white diagonal from one another. The center stand, twice the size of the other four remained empty. “Ready!” Each cat crouched, facing a different podium. “Go!” Ava cracked the whip to accentuate the command, and each cat leapt to the next podium, exchanging places. Two cats were on the outside, and two shared the center podium. Ava repeated the call. Ready, go. She kept the cats jumping in the figure eight, abandoning the vocal commands as she rhythmically cracked the whips to set the tempo for the jumps. The only sound was the snaps of the whip and her voice when she singled a cat out, calling corrections. Then she began to speed up until the cats jumped to the next as soon as their paws had touched down on the first platform. Three, six, nine jumps at full speed. Ava sent the cats through two full rotations at that blurring speed, then she called out the counts. Five. Four. Three. Two. One.” Each number was to a jump still at that top speed. When she said ‘one’, each cat made one final jump and landed on their original podium, and froze. A beat, then they roared together. “Back to your seats, Ladies.” The tigers jumped to the ground, and returned to their seats.

The rest of the show continued the same way. Ava started what was a “traditional” act, then took it farther than most lion-tamers dared. She worked with more cats, pushed them faster, added one additional aspect of danger into her acts. And the cats behaved today, never pushing her. It resulted in Ava moving onto the final “ten minutes” of her show earlier than usual – she always left several minutes spare to account for misbehaving felines. Now, to add the new act into the show.

Ava called out three cats, tapping the spot where she wanted them to stand. “Kahn. Ari. Raja.” The lion stood between the two tigers, and all three were standing shoulder-to-shoulder. “Hold. Stay still, boys.” Ava pushed a small stand up to either side of the cats, as if making a stair onto their backs. “Jovilette, Narabi.” She positioned the lionesses beside the stands. “Jo, Narabi. Up!” On her command the lionesses climbed up, and shakily stood on the tiger’s back, front feet on one and hind feet on the other as the bridged over the male lion. Two tigers supporting two lionesses. “Hold!” Ava pulled two more stands over, a short and medium height platform, and set these behind the tower of cats as stairs to the top. “Bast. Your turn.” The leopard came when called, and Ava sent her up onto the top of the platform. “Bast. Up!” At her command the leopard carefully stepped onto the lionesses’ backs. Ava pulled the stands away, signaled Ari. The lion roared, tossing his head back. Grinning, Ava started calling the cats down. At their name, each cat jumped lightly to the ground and she sent them to the chute and out of the cage.

Ava began sending the other cats home, rubbing an ear here or getting a kiss there from the better-mannered cats. This had been in her show from the beginning. As usual, Guenhwyvar laid on the ground, pretended to refuse to ‘go home’ despite Ava’s commands. Feigning frustration, the Tamer left the white tiger where she lay as she sent the other cats back. Finally, she was able to “convince” the tigress to return to her cage. The only cat left was Merlin, and Ava repeated the finale she had worked on the cat with earlier. Then she sent him home, and took her final bow. At that point the spotlight would leave her and return to Morgan.

Ava let out a slow breath, finally alone at last. Then she let her focus spread beyond the cage walls, slowly became aware of the outside world once again. Her show had been good, almost flawless. Impressively so, considering how she worked with animals typically disinclined to take orders. And it had been the first time she incorporated the Pyramid into the show, or used Merlin instead of Maliki. Satisfaction started to fill the void in her chest she had ignored. Then she turned towards the cage door, glancing up to see if anyone had been standing close and watching.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
this time I'll make you proud to see me over, come on daylight
proud of who you raised up
you know that I will always be here 'til the end
I hope, I hope you smile when you look down on me
I hope that I make you proud
this is not what it is, only baby scars
I need your love like a boy needs his mother's side

Quote:

Pyr #FF4818 Morgan black Aloise #CC0000 August #2554C7

Anxious Loiterer

User Image
            User Imagexxx▇▇▇═─ Tʜaт ɴɪɢʜт ʜε caɢεd ʜεr
            xBruised and broke her, he struggled closer.
            tab tab tab tab tab tab tab xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTHEN HE STOLE HER
            xViolet wrists and then her ankles. I will hear their voices
            xI'M A GLASS CHILD. x I'M A GLASS CHILD. xI'M A GLASS CHILD. x I'M A GLASS CHILD.x I'M A GLASS CHILD.
            x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇x▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

If Damuron had to guess, Rhythm's absolute last priority in life was practicing his act. In fact, he couldn't imagine anything that he wouldn't rather be doing as he grumbled something Damuron expected was intended to be a response before poorly suppressing a yawn. Damuron huffed a laugh, covering his mouth a bit hoping to hide it. Rhythm was a particularly... interesting character. Never before had the doctor encountered someone who was so very obsessed with sleep. At least, not one who managed to still be healthy while sleeping for such vastly extended periods of time. In the general scheme of things, oversleeping tended to lead to rather maladaptive results, but Rhythm still seemed to be fairly healthy despite this commonality. Other than that, Damuron didn't know too much about Rhythm, after all how could you really explore a person's personality and demeanor when you could very rarely actually understand their conversation...? But that didn't matter- in spite of this strange schism between then, the strongman was actually someone that Dam felt relatively close too- close enough, in fact, that when the man beside him reached over and lightly ruffled his hair, Damuron laughed rather than felt embarrassed or offended. It was a sign of endearment, and he was hardly ever the kind of person to push someone away for attempting to be friendly (even on occasions when someone did something in poor taste- it was the trying that mattered, right?). He laughed a bit longer than he should have, and stifled it as quickly as he caught it. The man had just seemed so serious, so deadly intent on mussing up his hair, that it was just a bit humorous to him... perhaps too humorous...

His stifling attempt failed as the man sprawled himself on the ground in front of the rock, completely disinterested in everything around him. Damuron had to respect someone with that kind of dedication to what they loved. If sleeping made him happy enough that he was willing to do it outside, in the cold, in the dirt, without pajamas, then far be it from him to stop him. "Your choice," he mused, still smiling, "Just try not to get a cold, okay? Alaizabel is doing a water act so that is practically guaranteed with her track-record..." That poor girl was always getting colds. Luckily for her Damuron typically managed to catch it before it got much worse than just a horse throat and some coughing. Only once had it managed to be pneumonia, and no one had been happy about her having to be put on extended bed-rest... while, except her. If memory served, she had completed more books in just the two weeks of rest than she typically could in a month of average circus work. Evidently, not even nearly drowning in mucus and miscellaneous fluid could separate her from her favorite books...

Rhythm laid on the ground for a short period, and Damuron took the moments to skirt his glance across the area. Most of the birds were too high over the trees to really see, but he mostly was outside for the fresh air and relaxing qualities the forest had over him. He probably should have been venturing into the main field sometime soon to determine if he should be doing something for an act, but he would allow himself a few more moments of laziness- he had honestly overdone it earlier fussing with various aspects of setup that he and his leg had honestly no business doing, and some rest would do him a lot of good. The stiffness was lessening a bit with time, but the pain was not subsiding, much to his dismay. He could handle not being able to twist his ankle, but if he started having to have a visible limp then he was certain Morgan would ground him.... and sitting in a stuffy room was hardly what he called enjoyable. No, he preferred being outside, contributing, breathing in the crisp afternoon air. It was far better than sitting alone and waiting for someone to come to him (especially someone who was likely injured....)

He had spaced out for just a bit too long- by the time he focused back on Rhythm, he was performing handstands, bending himself sideways on either sides in a display of incredible muscle control and power. Damuron's mouth shaped into a small 'o' and he clapped, genuinely impressed. It didn't matter how often he saw a particular act, it was always amazing to watch. It had never really bothered him that his ability had never spawned an act- not everyone was meant for the limelight, and he was never able to imagine himself as someone who would have enjoyed that position. He didn't find himself jealous of their abilities; he was blessed in his own right to be able to help those who needed it most (his friends, loved ones, colleagues), and that was always enough for him. When Rhythm straightened, Damuron smiled. Was that... his whole practice? He laughed internally, offering a, "Very good, very good." before Rhythm was in front of him.

Damuron wasn't intimidated by much, but Rhythm's height was... well, it was something that always took a little getting used to. The man towered a fair eight inches over him, and had to completely kneel to reach eye-level with Damuron. And Damuron did not miss the glint in his eyes. His voice betraying his slight nervousness, he inquired, "Can I help yo-!"

Before he could complete his inquiry, Rhythm's arms were around him, hoisting him well over the man's head with an astounding ease that alarmed the doctor more than he had thought it would. He was silently grateful that the man had taken such care with his leg, but his greater concern was being put down. "Practice." He heard the other one state, and Damuron laughed loudly. "Haha, very funny, but you know full well this isn't what I had in mind!" he insisted, and was pleased when the man lazily, but carefully, sat him back where he had originally been seated. He flashed Rhythm a warm smile, still tickled at the man's rationalization to benchpress him as a means of practice. "Done."

With a great sigh, Damuron leaned back on his hands. "Yes, I can imagine. That did seem to be of great difficulty for you." he teased, rolling his eyes. Rhythm smiled and flopped back on his back in the dirt, clearly pleased with his accomplishments. Carefully, but pointedly, Damuron placed his ankles on Rhythm's chest, stretching himself out and sighing. "You may have the right idea here, Rhythm," he mused, watching the clouds above the trees dart by (was a storm coming?). "Maybe a little peace and relaxation is just what the doctor ordered..." He laughed dryly at himself. He knew he was lame, but it was fun. He enjoyed making stupid little quips at his own expense, even if it was always greeted by at least one if not a collection of groans from his fellow circus members. "But..." Something in the back of his mind was itching, uncomfortable. He should be doing something, not lazily lounging on a rock just outside of the circus grounds. "Perhaps I should go see if anyone needs me... there was a lot of rigging in the main tent that needs to be looked over before they're safe to use it for the show..." He chewed his lip, pondering, and unconsciously swiveled his ankle. He had to consciously keep himself from wincing in pain and likely failed to completely mask it. If he stood up now, Rhythm would likely catch on that he was overdoing it... and who knew where Taubryn was, but he wasn't too keen with the idea of being slapped over the head for doing work on an injury. Taubryn was a great guy, honestly likely his best friend in the cirque, but he was always beating on him... He had good intentions, granted, and was a great help for him, but he had to help around, whether it made Bryn angry or not . Who cared if he was injured, right? He was given this power to use it, and healing the others was his usefulness. Everyone needed to carry their weight.

"I should probably wander toward the main tent... see if Morgan needs me to do anything particularly..."

✂⋯ ʟocaтɪoɴ: In a forest area near the circus ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ϻσσɗ: A little more concerned about this ankle than before, but generally alright ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ωɪтʜ: Rhythm

Gracious Millionaire

User Image
User Image
Aloise Genevieve Le Fevure xxxxxxxxxxTHE ACROBAT
It is within utter chaos that beauty exist in it's ultimate state...

{location}- Main tentx x {Company}- August and Icarus....Morgan x x {Wearing}- For now a nude color suit. x x {Thoughts:Feelings}-This should be fun : Excited x x {OOC}-Short,but I didn't want to go into the act since we havent talked it over with August and Kimber. biggrin .

xxxx
As he spoke Aloise could not help but find herself smiling. Either it was that she was simply rather terrible at times or August truly was as sweet as he seemed. The enthusiasm in his voice was almost contagious, though she hardly saw herself ever greeting anyone with such excitement. Then again Aloise was the type to wait to be acknowledge not take notice of others first, August was the current exception still being a rather new friend. More than once her eyes had lingered longer than she wished on the boy, but ultimately her interest was rather small, there were other fish that had her more immediate attention. As he spoke again she looked away momentarily, glancing toward Ava curiously for a moment, but a certain spark caused Aloise interest. Aloise better than others how a woman's feelings worked, be it a simple glint in the eye. Though it had been faint she could have sworn she had seen something curious in Ava's gaze. Only vaguely capturing his words since she was distract by the lion tamer, she nodded slowly."Yes, we should, I would assume Morgan is more interested in the group act. Usually are solos are flawless every single time." And there it was, a certain glint that showed her the lion tamers disappointment in August response. Something told her to stop, not to involve herself where she obviously saw something was going on. But if there was something Aloise taught of was take the risk, even if it was just a boy and not acrobatics. In her chaotic mind Aloise had realized that at this moment Ava needed her, though of course the girl would not understand till later but Aloise was not worried at all. Ava being mad at her for just a little was worth it, or so she hoped it was. Looking away from the Ava she smiled rather sweetly, at least too sweet for her style. She laughed lightly and with her hand touched his. "Oh course I do. And I am certain you won't drop me, for if you do you will have to meet the wrath of our dear ringmaster."
xxxx Then Aloise heard a that certain voice tat seemed to make her knees shake and simply want to melt. When their names where called out she turned to see the ringmaster had finally made an appearance, unable to resist the urge she bit her lip. Her eyes showed the gleam of excitement, there was no words for the pleasure she felt in performing for him. Though her desires were a little more intimate with much more detail she had learned to accept that hiss eyes watching her lovely acts was enough. But ultimately he was the one she could never sink her claws into, no matter her countless efforts. It is too bad, seems he would just be such a delightful little endeavor. Maybe it was because she could not have him that she felt the need to fawn over him and drape her arms around him, but oh was he so perfect in her mind.
It was Icacurs coming in behind Morgan that forced her gaze away, coming back from her day dream. Their group act, that was what he wanted to see first. She was rather excited, though she loved the spotlight something about the risk they took as a group exhilarated her. Taking a last glance at Ava before she let her hand slip into August, urging him forward a few steps and let go. "That is our cue...and don't worry you will do marvelous." She had paused mid sentence to glance back at him, winking playfully when she finished her words. Without waiting she moved forward, almost swaying instead of walking with the way she rocked her hips. Passing in front of Morgan she flashed him one of her more charming smiles, before continuing her away toward their practice space. Already Icacurs was scrambling around to set things up and she could not help but let out a soft chuckle. "Darling you seem a bit shaken...nervous are we dear?" Once she was close to him she hugged his arm, but in a comforting way more than flirtatious. Though Icarus someone she would have no shame in flirting with, at the moment her only concern was their performance. And she genuinely felt the need to ease her fellow acrobat's nerves if it was necessary, even if she did so with flirty or playful teasing, acrobatics and nerves simply did not play well together.

User Image

Quote:
Quote:

XxHakaxX's Husbando

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
User Image
Mimi Biancardi, D A M S E L in D I S T R E S S __
where: Small Tent__
with: With Taubryn, Maiya__
what: Shut up, Taurus. Pfft. __
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤____________

The red blush that started from Mimi's face had by down spread to other portions of her body, and the small snicker which couldn't help but escape from Morgan's lopsided face certainly didn't help the matter. Maybe she was imagining it, but she could totally see him laughing at her. There was no loud evil cackling laughter though, but at least he left... that warlock flying around on a broomstick going "MAH PRETTTTIIIES"...fine, maybe that sounded more like Maiya, but Morgan certainly fit more.

"...." While Morgan hadn't laughed like a loud hyena, someone else did. TAURUS! That dumb illusionist. Red and pink, the dark haired damsel in distress glared at the blue haired clown. "SHUT UP, TAURUS!" The blush spread farther, although now, it was unclear if it was just embarrassment or if it was a combination of being peeved with embarrassment.

To her surprise, Maiya came to her rescue and helped cover her up. The clothes floated up to hide her most private parts, and Mimi tried fiercely to un-blush herself. There was no retort to the flirty knife thrower's winking "Now Mimi... I understand you like your figure and want to show it off. But dear... You can do that in the bedroom for me later." Instead, there was just silence and some random nodding as Mimi tried to gather the other clothes Maiya had not picked up. "Thanks," she mumbled as she desperately tried to put on clothes. For the moment, her opinion of Maiya wavered and perhaps, she would begin to see the flirtatious busty woman in a better light....slightly.

((OOC: Eh..lame post....kept getting interrupted by phone calls and then I finally gave up.))
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul Buford

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

"No no no, I'm sorry. That won't be good. My boss'll skin me alive if I pay that much." Paul said to the town's general store owner. The price the shopkeeper had offered was actually quite fair, but the cirque was low on money and Paul took pride in his heckling ability. "How about my price plus two, and I'll give you and your family free tickets to the show tonight?" That got him. Or so Paul thought. The man smiled a bit then nodded. "Alright lad," the gruff old man said, "But I can only give you the one cask of wine then..." And so the bartering went on.

It was another hour before Paul had the cart all loaded up. He had bought enough food for the next few weeks, a sizable number of water barrels, a new piston that he could jury rig into their engine, and a few other small treats. The most exciting of which, for Paul anyway, was a dozen bottles of spiced rum and a cask of decent looking cider. They were all out of any reasonably priced wine like Morgan had mentioned earlier, but Paul figured this would all get the job done just as well. The town had also had a surprising amount of sweets on stock, so Paul grabbed a jarful of those too.

The ride back seemed to take less time than going out, as it usually did for Paul. During that time he let the horse do the steering, it knew its way back to the train, and ate a few of the chocolates he bought. Before anytime seemed to pass, he was already back to camp.

Paul pulled the cart into the supply area. Not a whole lot was going on. 'Morgan must be going over the shows,' Paul thought, starting to unload the cart onto the ground. 'And with him being in such a mood over the parade, I doubt it'll be going well.' He put it in the back of his mind. He had work to do.

It took him the better part of an hour, but eventually he got everything put away and the train's water reservoir refilled. Now all that was left was the latrine. It was Paul's least favorite job, he always saved it to do last in a vain hope that somebody else on the train's crew would take care of it. They rarely did. The job was one part manual labor and two parts disgusting. The train's septic tank had to be emptied at every stop, otherwise disease could form. Well that, and the smell would be unbearable. So, a large ditch had to be dug in a strategically abandoned area next to the train. Paul got his gloves off the back of the cart and pulled them up to his elbows.

Then he began to dig.

In only a half hour he was covered in sweat and too tired to want to continue. Deciding to take a break for the exercise, he jumped out of the half dug hole and went to go watch the performers practice. It was always a wonder to him, seeing them fly through the air or come so seemingly close to death. Paul made his was through camp, trying to swat some of the day's filth off of himself. He had managed to get covered in dirt, a small step up from the morning's soot, but not by much. Peeling off his gloves to let them air out, he pushed his way into the Big Top tent. It looked like Ava was just about to start with the cats.

Paul grabbed a seat not too far away from where Morgan was standing. Close enough to be in earshot if the Ringmaster needed anything, but far enough away to hopefully avoid the man's current wrath. Ava's performance was spectacular as always. Just being in the same tent, the same camp ground as those man-eaters was enough to give Paul the chills, but Ava faced them with a smile. Like they were just house cats! No thank you, no sir. Paul would face The Ringmaster on his worse day then ever get in the ring with one of those. He glanced over to Morgan seeing his fowl mood stitched over the man's face. 'Well, maybe the cats wouldn't be too bad....' He thought, shifting in his chair uncomfortably.

"I can address your individual acts later, I want to see the combined number!" The Ringmaster called out, addressing the acrobats. Paul smiled, the acrobats were the best part of the whole show. He leaned back on the bench slightly, lighting a cigarette and watching the performers get ready for Morgan's assessment.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With: Everybody in the Big Top
Where: The Big Top

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thymeast22

Aiolios

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash