Cranberries 0.34210526315789 34.2% [ 13 ]
Rob 0.18421052631579 18.4% [ 7 ]
Apocalypse 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 8 ]
White 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 2 ]
I don't understand any of this... 0.21052631578947 21.1% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 38 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 51 52 > >>

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image⊱⊱ Cirque de Tromperiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Intro

The clock struck 11, and the lights flickered, dimmed. The Owner stepped from the shadows to stand in front of the Ringmaster. "Is the job almost done?" he asked, not wasting time on plesantries. The two had long since passed that point, and now just got directly to the point. Looking up from the manifest in his hands, the Ringmaster gave the Owner a confident smile before handing over the paper. "Of course. And not a single problem to boot." Several yards away, a handful of people were loading items of mysterious origin onto a heavily guarded carriage. The Ringmaster offered a look over his shoulder as if to make a point. "How long until the next one?" The Owner cast a glance over the circus performers loading the carriage, then dismissed them and redirected his attention to the Ringmaster. He pocketed the paper, not sparing it a glance. "I have it already." He slid his hand out of his coat-pocket, a different piece of paper in hand, and held it out. Listed were three items. "The next two items. The first is for our project, the second is for a client. Let me know when you locate the second, and I will arrange the delivery and give you the details." The Ringmaster took the paper and gave it a quick look. Without showing the slightest hint of hesitation, he tucked the list into his vest before pulling his overcoat taut around his frame. Looking back to The Owner, the Ringmaster gave the man a curt nod of affirmation. "It will be done."

Credits

Created by thymeast22 and Aiolios
              Thanks to Cynosural Cataclysm for helping put this together

Links

Firebreathing Gekko

User Image⊱⊱ Cirque de Tromperiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Story

The circus: a traveling collection of performers, putting on bizarre and fantastic shows for a population unused to such feats. A fire eater, a girl who can throw knives with deadly accuracy, the snake-charmer, a girl who trains wild cats into doing tricks for her, a man who can perform incredible feats of strength, an illusionist whose magic cannot be simple sleight-of-hand. It's all so wild, just that hint of danger to excite the audience.

The Cirque de Tromperie, one of the most elite circuses in the land. They travel constantly, staying only two or three days in each city they arrive at before they move on. They have all the usual circus acts, but there is something more to them. No one can ever tell exactly what, just that all the performers have a gift for what they do.

And that is exactly true. Each performer is gifted with a supernatural talent. While this isn't completely unheard of in this world, it is strange for so many gifted individuals to congregate into one place. Until you know the full story, that is. Each gift is the result of a deal the individual's parents made - a deal for beauty, for the girl of their dreams, for a perfect cake. A deal innocently made, but there was a catch. The deal left them with a debt, and the debt passed onto their child. One way or another, these gifted and indebted children found (or were found by) the Ringmaster of the Cirque de Tromperie. He offered them a chance: join the circus and work for him, and their debt would be paid off. But of course, his offer had a small catch. In order to ensure their obedience and to prevent them from backing out, they signed a contract, and he claimed possession of their souls until they had paid off their debts.

Taking their souls had a side-benefit: the performers did not age. They stayed eternally in their peak condition, young and strong and able. They do not gain the ability to heal more quickly or to survive any wound - the performers can still be injured and killed. They just cannot, will not, die from old age. Once their souls are returned, they begin aging right where the left off as if the years spent in the circus never happened.

There is one more thing about the Cirque de Tromperie that isn't quite like other circuses. You see, they are all thieves who's talent is locating, acquiring, and delivering rare items. It doesn't matter if someone else technically owns the item in question or not - the Circus can procure it for you. The Owner serves as the middle man - taking requests for items, issuing the jobs to the circus, and collecting the payment.

So what will it be? Will you join the circus, or just enjoy the show?

Firebreathing Gekko

The World

The world is set in a Victorian-England-esque time-period, with a slight fantasy twist. There are no cars, planes, etc. For transportation, most people use a horse-and-carriage or a train. Steam-boats are also available. There is electricity, but be reasonable with it. Oil-lamps are common in the circus and only the performing tents are lit with electric lights (its too expensive for that to extend to the residential tents). There are no modern appliances - most the cooking for the circus is done over a fire.
              Furthermore, there is no true magic. There are no fantastical races, no witches or lycanthropes or shapeshifters. There are simply people with gifts, usually the result of a demon-pact somewhere in your ancestry. It is just barely common enough for the regular population to not object too much, but it still isn't always safe for gifted individuals in small towns and villages. Especially if their gift has physical manifestations such as snake-skin, multi-colored eyes, etc.
              Map! For the most part, everyone can speak English, but there are different dialects and other languages used throughout the world.

The Powers

Somebody makes a deal with the Devil for something - anything. In return, they sell their souls to be collected at a later date. If the devil does not collect, the person's children are born with strange gifts and carry their parent's debt. This debt can be used to coerce the person into the circus and is considered fulfilled after so many years of service in the circus.
              When humans sell their souls to the "Devil", they are actually making a contract with a legion of demons that grant humans their desires. Demons of a different legion will pick up the contracts that must be fulfilled. The contracts are tied directly to blood relationships, so while the contract does not necessarily have to be fulfilled the by contract maker, someone in the bloodline will be forced to fulfill it. This typically would transfer to a spouse, or if there is a child born of that parent, the contract could/ will transfer to them. If the parents are still under contract when the child is born, the child will exhibit strange powers and qualities that makes them highly visible to contract dealers, helping to find them and track them down to force them into payment.
              Powers are all related to the position the performer holds. For example, the Lion-Tamer can talk to animals.
              There is a limit to how many performers may have the same power. Please, be creative, and be reasonable. No over-powered characters - we will be strict.

The Jobs

Job 1 - Delivery in Progress
                Crew - Flynn, Taubryn
                Details- A set of ancient, ornate pottery recovered from the Ruins of Yelaria. Very fragile. Buyer will arrive at circus for inspection of goods, asking about "fine china" during afternoon performances. Direct him to Ringmaster. That night, cargo will be loaded in crates (labeled 'fine china') onto a carriage to be delivered to Buyer's address. Payment: Half paid during Buyer's inspection at the circus, remainder will be delivered to Ticket-booth in an envelope marked "Bills".
              Job 2 - Plan in progress
                Crew - yet to be announced
                Details- A worn, antique copper lamp, engraved with an ornate script around the base. Thought to be the lamp that held the Djinni in the legend of Eladdin and the Lamp. Previously owned by Sultan Alibaba, suspected to currently be in the possession of Lady Anya Tortari.
              Job 3 - n/a
                Crew -
                Details-

The Circus Setup

The circus owns a train, a home to the performers while between shows. The cars are all connected so performers may travel between them while the train is in transit. There are two residential cars, in which each performer has their own room. The second floor is a community area with a kitchen, living room, etc. Other cars include the Ringmaster's office and quarters (Performers may go everywhere the light touches. The Ringmaster's car is a shadowy place, usually avoided by the majority of the crew), and several cars worth of equipment.
              Car order: Engine :: Equipment cars 1-3 :: Elephant Car :: Animal Car :: Cat Car :: Residential 1-3 (2 performer, 1 npcs) :: Ringmaster's car
              The train arrives in the planned location; close by the target town, but located on side-tracks to prevent blocking train traffic. It is located in a place easily accessible by the public with minor clearing done to the surrounding area. A small recon team scopes possible location for set up, returns, gets okayed by Ringmaster, then setup begins. Horses and elephants are off-loaded first so they may be used to transport items/supplies to clearing. Once everything is mapped out, the Main Tent, stages, performing tents, and personal tents are setup.
              There is one main tent, the big-top, where the acrobats and animal acts perform. The fire-breather, escape-artist, knife-throwers, and jugglers have been known to perform here on occasion.
              There are two small tents. One houses the fortune-teller and is only large enough for her and a few patrons. The second tent is larger - capable of holding about twenty people plus plenty of space for the performers. This is where the knife-thrower and illusionist perform.
              Outside the tents: Plenty goes on in the circus grounds. The snake-charmer, escape-artist, fire-breather, strongman, and jugglers each have a small stage (a raised platform) they can perform on, or they may wander the grounds and show off.
              Animals: The circus owns two elephants, several horses, the lion-tamer's cats (14 lions, tigers, and leopards), and the snake-charmer's snakes.

Firebreathing Gekko

The Show

Yearly Schedule
                8 month performing season - the circus travels, performs, and completes jobs. Some down-time available for performers to perfect new acts to begin performing.
                1 month recruitment period - Circus doesn't travel. Some performers (and Morgan) may leave to travel on their own. Primary goal is to find new performers, crew
                3 month training season - circus does not travel. Performers practice constantly, work on acts, training new performers and crew. Primary time when performers create new acts and learn other skills.

Typical Week
                Day 1 - arrive at location, setup tents/circus, small parade through town/advertise in afternoon
                Night 1 - Recon for job
                Day 2 - Performance in morning-afternoon.
                Night 2 - Perform job, rest of circus enjoys a night off
                Day 3 - Performance - afternoon-evening
                Night 3 - Clean-up, if necessary. Otherwise, relax/act natural
                Day 4 - Tear down circus, leave.
                Day 5-7 - Travel to next location

Weekly Schedule
                Week 1- Steal item 1, start to look for item 2
                Week 2 - travel, perform, finish locating item 2
                Week 3 - Deliver item 1, start planning to steal item 2
                Week 4 - travel, perform, finish planning to steal item 2
                Week 5 - steal item 2, start looking for item 3....
                Note: This schedule is flexible, as sometimes it takes longer to travel between locations, or they might not have a job and so they can travel and perform for longer between stealing/delivering items.

The Show Itself: Act Order
                General Overview
                  Main Tent: 30 minute acts. Elephants/horses parade/balancing acts :: Traditional lion act :: Tightrope :: Aerial ribbons :: Cat act :: Trapeze. Cycle repeats 2x each day (morning and afternoon on Day 1, afternoon and evening on Day 2.
                  Small Tent: 15 minute acts. Illusionist :: Knife-thrower. Cycle repeats 6x each day.
                  Outside: Snake-charmer, escape-artist, strongman , fire-breather, and jugglers perform multiple times a day, at varying times. They primarily perform in the 'off hours' before the first show, and between the first and second shows. Typically, they do not perform while there is an act in the Big-top and wander the grounds or help as stage-hands for the other acts.

The Show Itself: Performance Schedule
                Gates open 2 hours before first performance. Outside performers and vendors are the main attraction. Outside performers perform nearly constantly, taking 15-minute breaks between their acts. They tend to alternate performance times so at least two people are always performing, and the other two are resting. Tent performers may show off, join in various activities. - 2 hours - Pyrrus, Rylee, Alaizabel, Flynn, Puck, Rhythm
                  Tent performers/stage hands set up, prepare for their acts.
                Main tent: Opening ceremony - 30 minutes - all performers
                Main tent: Fire breather and escape artist feature - 15 minutes - Pyrrhus, Alaizabel
                  Main tent background: any costume changes from opener to personal show costumes; quickly set up for elephant act and get animals ready
                Main tent: Elephants/horses parade/balancing acts - 30 minutes - Aloise, Kimber, Icarus, Mimi, August
                  Side tent: set up Illusion equipment
                Side tent: Illusion act 1 - 15 minutes - Taubryn
                  Main tent: set up lion cages, get cats ready
                Main tent: Lion Act - 30 minutes - Ava
                  Side tent: Tear down Illusionist, set up Knife-throwing
                Side tent: Knife-throwing act 1 - 15 minutes - Maiya
                  Main tent: Prepare for tightrope
                Main tent: Tightrope - 30 minutes - Aloise, Icarus
                  Side tent: Tear down Knife-throwing, set up Illusionist, Ava costume change for illusions
                Side tent: Illusion act 2 - 15 minutes - Taubryn, Ava
                  Main Tent: Prepare for Aerial ribbons
                Main tent: Aerial Ribbons - 30 minutes - Kimber, August
                  Side tent: Tear down Illusionist, set up Knife-throwing, Mimi costume change for knives
                Side tent: Knife-throwing act 2 - 15 minutes - Maiya, Mimi
                  Main tent: get cats ready, Ava costume change for cats
                Main tent: Cats Act - 30 minutes - Ava
                  Side tent: Tear down Knife-throwing, set up Illusionist, Mimi costume change for illusions
                Side tent: Illusion act 3 - 15 minutes - Taubryn, Mimi
                  Main tent: prepare for trapeze
                Main tent: Flying Trapeze - 30 minutes - Aloise, Kimber, Icarus, August
                  Tear down Illusionist, set up Knife-throwing
                Side tent: Knife-throwing act 3 - 15 minutes - Maiya, Flynn, Puck
                  Main Tent: Prepare for Finale
                Main tent: Finale - 20 minutes - All performers
                Outside: Outside performers and vendors are the main attraction. Outside performers perform nearly constantly, taking 15-minute breaks between their acts. They tend to alternate performance times so at least two people are always performing, and the other two are resting. Tent performers may show off, join in various activities. - 2 hours - Pyrrus, Rylee, Alaizabel, Flynn, Puck, Rhythm
                Repeat entire first show
                30 more minutes of vendors, outside performers. Close gates for day.

Firebreathing Gekko

The Rules

General
                Follow Gaia TOS
                No godmodding (shouldn't be a problem in this rp, but still. Have to include it.)
                Aiolios and I are God. Obey us or else.
                Be excellent to one another. Seriously, be respectful to the other rpers, come to me or Aio if you have issues. Drama between characters is fine, but not between the other players.
                Keep it classy, guys. If the clothes come off, time-skip.
                Swearing is allowed, but don't go overboard.
                Stop in the ooc and chat! That's where we'll plot, answer questions, or just hang out. I don't bite, really.

Posting
                This is a literate rp. That means proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling, no txt talk or chat speak unless your character is texting, etc. I'd like at least 2 paragraphs per post, but I don't want to read a novel every time.
                I don't require fancy layouts, but they're nice. Include, at the very least, a picture, your name, your position, and who you're with (or quote the person you're with). Also, do not use size 12 font. Use something between 10 and 11.5. Just because size 12 makes my head hurt...

New Posting requirements: The 'post once a week" rule is going to be strictly enforced. I define a week as Monday-Sunday. I will be keeping track of who hasn't posted each week. If you haven't posted, I'll pm you about halfway through the following with a reminder. You get three strikes - that means you have 2 "unexcused absences". The third time you miss a week you will be removed from the rp. Keep in mind, these are unexcused missed posts. Meaning: If you pm me or post a note in the pad saying you can't post or might not have time for a week, I won't count that week against you. If you have exams, or an insane work schedule, or something tragic happens just shoot me a quick message saying so. It doesn't have to be any more detailed than "Dad's sick, can't post". I prefer being told in advance, but if you have to tell me after the fact ("sorry I couldn't post, my dad was hospitalized" ), I can work with it. Moral of the story: keep me informed. Three (uninformed) strikes and you're out.
                Note: This will go into effect starting Monday, January 5th.
                If all else fails and you do vanish for some reason, I will check to make sure that you're not online/posting versus just avoiding this rp. This means I can also fact-check you if you tell me you've been sick so couldn't post, yet for some reason you could post in that other rp. I won't be amused. Lying to me will count as 2 strikes.
                If you join, I assume you are committed. I plan for this rp to last a while. Don't join and then vanish in a week or two.
                Please let me know, either through a pm or in the ooc, if you will be gone. It's a courtesy to us so that we know not to wait on you for a response if you know you'll be gone for two weeks.

Applying
                You may reserve a spot. PM me with the role you want and a sample of your rping abilities (a link to something else you are in is acceptable). Also make sure you include the reserve skeleton, located a few posts down.
                Title reserves 'Cirque Application' and profiles 'Ringmaster's Contract'.
                No real life photos. Please don't change the formatting on the profiles. use mine or Aio's as an example if you need it.
                For the profiles pictures, use picmonkey to edit them. That will be the easiest way to manipulate them as instructed.

Firebreathing Gekko

The Performers

The Ringmaster
                The man in charge. Creates/keeps contracts for all members of the cirque. Personally speaks with The Owner to take on jobs. Directs missions, plans, picks the members; but usually does not participate unless the mission becomes compromised or requires special skills or is especially dangerous.
                Played by: Aiolios

The Ringmaster's Assistant
                The Ringmaster's righthand man. The assistant is largely in charge of keeping the peace between the members. He is the go-to man for inquiries and questions that need to be directed to the Ringmaster. He is also the one the Ringmaster greatly relies on to make sure missions go smoothly. The Ringmaster and his assistant share the responsibility of making sure the acts run smoothly.
                Played by: Orwells Eyes

The Lion-Tamer
                Tamer of the beasts. Works with all of the cirque's animals, in-charge of directing the animals and ascertaining their safety and the safety of others.
                Played by: thymeast22

The Illusionist
                A jack of all trades in illusionary acts including; escape, slight-of-hand, transformation, restoration, and teleportation. All of the acts are stage magic with the performer's gifted ability able to enhance the effects, making it appear more mystical than usual.
                Played by: Ararelia

Acrobat 1 - Tightrope
                Is the art of maintaining balance while walking along a tensioned wire between two points. It can be done either using a balancing tool (umbrella, fan, balance pole, etc.) or "freehand", using only one's body to maintain balance.
                Played by: fangbanger18

Acrobat 2 - Aerial Silk
                In addition to tightrope, the acrobats can also perform the trapeze. The flying trapeze is a specific form of the trapeze in which a performer jumps from a platform with the trapeze so that gravity makes the trapeze swing.
                Played by: Villainess Harley Quinn SecretShades

Acrobat 3 - Tightrope
                Balancing acrobats are especially skilled in being able to balance on nearly anything. Their incredible feats include human pyramids, rolling globes, cyr wheels, hand balancing, and perch balancing. In the circus, balancing acts are quite the attraction, and the circus provides many of them. Equestrian vaulting, contortion, and trampolining are also one of the many perfected acts. (Note: This character must be male)
                Played by: WhatTact

Acrobat 4 - Aerial Silk
                The Aerial Ribbons are perhaps one of the most breath-taking acrobatic acts in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions. Aerial silks may be used to fly through the air, striking poses and figures while flying. (Note: This character must be male)
                Played by: happydog911

The Fire-Breather
                Fire breather, fire eater, fire dancing; the act of fire manipulation is a dangerous and exciting one.
                Played by: WhatTact

The Snake-Charmer
                Snake charming is the practice of pretending to hypnotize a snake by playing an instrument called pungi. A typical performance may also include handling the snakes or performing other seemingly dangerous acts, as well as other street performance staples, like juggling and sleight of hand.
                Played by: fangbanger18

The Escape Artist
                The escape artist is a master at getting out of difficult situations - often in time-restrictions. Straight-jackets, handcuffs, tanks of water, shackles - you name it, the Escape artist can get out of it.
                Played by: xXx Fox Trot xXx

Juggler 1
                The jugglers are a clownish pair with the ability to juggle almost anything that fits their fancy. Chainsaws, blades, delicate glass, small animals, you name it and they can juggle it. Either in paired acts or solo, the jugglers entertain the masses with their unique abilities.
                Played by: Confused Philosopher

Juggler 2
                Risley acts, Diabolo, devil sticks, and other such acts are other popular with the juggling pair and do so quite well.
                Played by: Queenie Queerie

The Knife-Thrower
                Impalement arts are a type of performing art in which the DiD plays the role of human target for a fellow performer who demonstrates accuracy skills in disciplines such as knife throwing and archery. The Wheel of Death, Devil's door, and William Tell are all popular knife-throwing feats.
                Played by: Cynosural Cataclysm

The DiDDeceased
                "Damsel in Distress" aka the performing assistant. You know that lady that gets locked up in the box and sawed in half? Or impaled by eight swords? The DiD is a general overall assistant and goes where she is called. The Damsel also doubles as a balancing acrobat when they need that extra body.
                Played by: Scythe de Zaran

The Strongman
                The strongest man around. Steel bending, chain breaking, lifting maidens overhead; there isn't much that the strongman can't do and impresses the crowd with his endearing and impressive feats of strength.
                Played by: Ararelia

The Doctor
                The doctor is a man trained in medicine who can treat both humans and animals. He makes sure no one dies and is there to provide immediate aid in the case of an accident. Because the performers (luckily) do not injure themselves often enough to need his services constantly, the doctor also serves as a stagehand and makes himself useful around the circus by helping the performers with their acts, setting up equipment, operating the cat cages while the lion-tamer performs, etc.
                Played by: xXx Fox Trot xXx

The Guidelines

We would like a fairly even number of males and females. Please pay attention to what is still open when creating your character. Note: the last acrobat can be male or female
                Current males: 10/10
                Current Females: 7/7

Acrobats
                There are four acrobats, plus the DiD. All five individuals can perform the flying trapeze and balancing acts.
                Two of the acrobats specialize in the tightrope. Two specialize in aerial silk.
                The DiD does not have a further specialization and typically does not participate in either the tightrope or the aerial silk.

Firebreathing Gekko

⊱⊱ Cirque de Tromperiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Character Roster

If character 'says open' with no photo or info, then it is open. If it says 'reserved', it is claimed for ~2 days before the slot will be re-opened.
              If character is Bold, with photo and filled out it is taken.
              Code for the reserve is below. Please also state in your pm your gender.
              [color=#7A0000][size=15]Ⓟⓞⓢⓘⓣⓘⓞⓝ[/size]
              [img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/blackblood_elf/Circus Circus/reserve.png[/img]
              [b][size=9]Name :: Age :: Power ::[/size][/b]

Ⓡⓘⓝⓖⓜⓐⓢⓣⓔⓡ
              User Image
              Morgan von Faustus :: Ageless :: Soul-Manipulation ::

Ⓡⓘⓝⓖⓜⓐⓢⓣⓔⓡ'ⓢ
              Ⓐⓢⓢⓘⓢⓣⓐⓝⓣ

User Image
              Patrin "Paul" Buford :: 26 :: Divination ::

Ⓛⓘⓞⓝ ⓉⓐⓜⓔⓡxxxxxxxxxxxxxxⒾⓛⓛⓤⓢⓘⓞⓝⓘⓢⓣxxxxxxxxxxⓀⓝⓘⓕⓔ-Ⓣⓗⓡⓞⓦⓔⓡ
              User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image
              Ava Moran :: 21 :: Speak to Mammals ::xxxxxxxx Taubryn Meleachlainn :: 24 :: Illusion Casting ::xxxxxxxxMaiya SeiLouen :: 22 :: Telekinesis ::

Ⓐⓒⓡⓞⓑⓐⓣ ①xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxⒶⓒⓡⓞⓑⓐⓣ ②xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxⒶⓒⓡⓞⓑⓐⓣ ③
              Aloise Genevieve Le Fevure :: 23 :: Density Manipulation ::xxx Novalyn Rinnette Breckinridge :: 22 :: Siren's Song ::xxxIcarus Fletcher :: 21 :: Superhuman Agility ::xxx

xxⒶⓒⓡⓞⓑⓐⓣ ④xxxxxxxxxxxxxⒻⓘⓡⓔ ⒷⓡⓔⓐⓣⓗⓔⓡxxxxxxxxⓈⓝⓐⓚⓔ Ⓒⓗⓐⓡⓜⓔⓡ
              August Osirus :: 24 :: Air manipulation ::xxxxxxxxxxx Pyrrhus Grey :: 22 :: Pyrokinesis ::xxxxxxxxxxxRylee Kristen Lewis :: 22 :: Snake Physiology ::

Ⓔⓢⓒⓐⓟⓔ ⒶⓡⓣⓘⓢⓣxxxxxxxxxxxxxⒿⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔⓡ ①xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxⒿⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔⓡ ②xxxx
              xxxAlaizabel Cyril Conway :: 22 :: Teleportation ::xxxxxx Simon Flynn:: 23 :: Manipulates Gravity ::xxxxxxxxxxPuck Hayward :: 23 :: Transmutation ::xxx

ⓈⓣⓡⓞⓝⓖⓜⓐⓝxxxxxxxxxxⒹⓞⓒⓣⓞⓡ/Ⓢⓣⓐⓖⓔⓗⓐⓝⓓ
              User ImagexxUser Image
              Rhythm Emerson :: 23 :: Super Strength ::xxxxxxDamuron Anson Hayes :: 23 :: Wound Transference ::

The Graveyard

Ⓐⓒⓡⓞⓑⓐⓣ ②xxxxxxxxxxxⒹⓐⓜⓢⓔⓛ ⓘⓝ Ⓓⓘⓢⓣⓡⓔⓢⓢ
          User ImagexxUser Image
          Kimber De Vernon :: 21 :: Time Reversal ::xxxxxxxxMimi Biancardi:: 22 :: Immateriality ::

Firebreathing Gekko

Announcements

7/25/14
                Rp under construction, but I'm accepting reserves. Hopefully we'll open tomorrow!

7/27/14
                Rp is open!
                We still have four spots! 2 male acrobats, 1 juggler, and 1 make-your-own act spot.

7/31/14
                All performer spots are filled. I might be persuaded to allow you to play a support character - like a stagehand, doctor, cook, etc. Might being the key word. Pm me with your ideas for the character, and I'll let you know if you should spend the time on a profile.

8/3/14
                Two more spots have been opened - a doctor and the strongman. Both must be male.
                A list of NPC characters has been added. These can be controlled by any member - just be reasonable.

8/10/14
                Sparks/Darla has dropped out of the rp. Her position, Acrobat 1, has been reopened.

8/11/14
                Npcs are finally done! No more will be added.
                And we are full! I doubt I will be opening any more slots up at this point in time.

8/16/14
                Okami has dropped, so her character Axin is being replaced by Fang's new character Rylee.

9/28/14
                Mimi is now dead, and the plot thickens! It's now (finally) day two.

Firebreathing Gekko

Setting

The Circus
                Location: Small town in Rhine, on the railroad connecting city 8 and 9. It's a vineyard town, a hub of countryside bazaars.
                Month 2 of the Performing Season
                Week 5 (steal lamp)
                Day 2 (Performance in morning-afternoon, Theft at night)
                Time: evening
                Weather: light clouds, full moon, fairly warm outside.

Announcements from the Ringmaster, Daily Schedule
                Defcon level 2 lockdown. Behave or I will remove ALL booze. -_-
                Map of camp: [x]

Firebreathing Gekko

Non-Player Characters

Stage-hands
                Name :: Primary location/job during performances :: info
                Jaime :: Main tent :: The newest stage-hand, this is his first season with the circus. He's eager to please and similar to a puppy: excitable, earnest, and impossible to hate. He's fearless and as nimble as a monkey, so he is the one who typically does the set up for the equipment and lighting at the top of the tent. Also usually runs the lighting (spotlight, primarily) in the tops of the tents - both the main and side tent.
                Trina :: Main Tent :: Bright, bubbly, and sarcastic. She has bubble-gum pink hair, usually in curly pigtails, and she's always chewing gum. She's quick to laugh and tease, and has a less-than-complimentary nickname for each of the performers that would likely be an insult coming from anyone else. A big flirt (with any and everyone associated with the circus), but she doesn't let it get in the way of her job. It's all harmless and just for fun, as she's been with Antoine ever since she joined the circus eleven years earlier. She focuses on running the grounded effects - lighting, music, sound system, changing sets, operating the nets for the acrobats, etc.
                Antoine :: Side tent :: A fifteen year veteran, Antoine works the side tent purely because he's scared of Ava's cats. He's easy-going and laid back, and always has a bag of candied nuts on his person somewhere that he'll offer to his favorite performers. He's also the king of the Cirque's occasional poker games. He focuses on lighting, music, sound systems, etc during the shows, and assists in changing the sets over between Maiya and Taubryn's acts. He's partnered with Trina, and just laughs off her flirtations with the rest of the crew. He knows she's devoted to him - the flirting is just for her entertainment and part of her personality.
                Damien :: Side tent :: Damien is quiet, rarely speaking if he can gesture or nod and get the point across. He helps Isabella with set design - making her visions become reality. He is the one who helps set up new equipment and make changes to their existing sets so that they are aesthetically pleasing and still functional. During shows, he helps the performers with any quick-set changes they might need - moving equipment, bringing set pieces out, operating any machinery needed, etc.
                Matteo :: Drifter - anywhere/everywhere they need him :: A man in his upper fifties, Matteo has been around for nearly thirty years. If he wanted the job, he would be Morgan's assistant. Instead, he serves as the head stage-hand, directly behind Paul. If you need to find something, or set up a piece of equipment, Matteo knows how. He's friendly and boisterous, quick to laugh or offer a helping hand. He works as a Drifter because he can, and has, done anything and everything. He has a knack for appearing wherever he is needed. Married to Isabella.

Animal Handlers
                Harold :: Focus on Cats :: A very large black man, Harold is mild-mannered and a complete sweetheart. He adores the cats almost as much as Ava does, and is in charge of their care when she isn't around. He is in charge of getting the cats from their cages into the chute and back during the shows. If the cats aren't performing, he helps make sure the elephants and horses are being dressed and are ready. He also helps Tristan care for the other animals.
                Tristan :: Focus on Elephants/Horses :: He jokes that he is Harold's brother, even though he is a tall, skinny, blonde white man. He has the same temperament as Harold, though he has a mean-streak. He cares for the non-feline animals with assistance from Harold - making sure they are fed, clean, and just generally looked after. He works as a trainer for the animals, helping teach them tricks so the acrobats can perform on top of them. During shows, he operates the door between Ava's performance cage and the chute and prepares the horses/elephants for their acts.

Other
                Hans :: Conductor :: An elderly foreign man who has been operating the train for years. No one understands the train better than him, and he has kept the engine running beautifully until recently when he can no longer manage the manual labor on his own.
                Sven :: Maintenance/General Upkeep :: Hans's son, also barely speaks English. Frequently seen swearing at whatever object he is fixing, he's irritable and cranky. But he knows what he's doing with his tools, and he can make anything you could want out of a pile of scraps. He helps with the maintenance of the train, tents, and equipment. During the show, he operates the lights and sound systems.
                Isabella :: Costumes, Make-up, Prop, Design Queen :: An older woman, but age hasn't calmed her temper, tongue, or aim. She is respected, and feared, by all the performers who have any sense. She has a flair for the dramatic and takes absolutely no s**t from anyone - Morgan included. She makes their costumes and helps them with make-up if needed, and she is the one who washes and mends their clothes and costumes. The Mother of the train and resident artist, see her if you need to acquire a new prop, costume, etc. She also is married to Matteo.

Firebreathing Gekko

Reserved

Firebreathing Gekko

Reserved

Firebreathing Gekko

Reserved

Firebreathing Gekko

Reserved

Firebreathing Gekko

Reserved

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces