Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Lunatic

I see your point, and while I do have my reasons to do things as I did, besides why ruin the suspense when you can create some by omitting a word or two to call someones attention?
as for planing and stuff of the matter, it has been made, sure not with everybody that is, which is something not as good, while there was a plan for the story not to stay stuck on a same day, and even people tried to move the plot along I'm not calling names but some of us somehow always managed to ignore said plan, tried to enforce our ideas to the story and making a whole mess out of it, a reform might be in toll, and things will surely change here, I can not give an exact date as technically festivities will take place in a week, but a change will occur

Blessed Humorist

nachopower

Well, I hate to break it to you Sir Nacho, but business comes before suspense. When you have something you need to say, get straight to the point--waiting until later to tell someone of news isn't a pleasant surprise, it's an annoying time-waster. It's like if someone had dire news about your relatives in the hospital--you don't want to wait to find out why that person is calling your attention.

You keep using passive voice for everything you're saying: Like, "I MIGHT do this", or "I MIGHT have an idea", and that's not a good thing. You need to have something that's clear and concise, so that way your fellow RPers know what's gonna happen, instead of guessing when something might change.

And "the plan"? What plan are you referring to? As far as I can tell, there wasn't any planning into the RP, and even if there was, virtually no one here was informed of it. And that's not good--if we the RPers don't know what's going to happen, then we lose interest in the RP. If there was a genuine plan, then having a convoluted plot-line, or people "changing the story" should not be a problem for the RP.

Or maybe someone changed the story once or twice--mistakes happen. You can tell the RPer to simply edit their post so that it matches the story. If the RPer gets angry for that suggestion, that's when you can start placing strikes on them for backtalking, or just flat-out kicking them from the RP.

I'm sorry if this sounds too harsh, but as an RP owner myself, I'm only trying to suggest ways to run the RP, if it's really in your best interest to keep it alive. If you desire to keep it alive and make legitimate changes to go through with it, I'll be more than happy to help you if you'd like me to.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
My laptop quit working. :/ On my Kindle until I get it fixed.

Devoted Zealot

Actually, I would love to keep doing Zelda RP's, without getting stuck or uninterested(somewhat) If this one is dead, then I suppose I haven't wasted my time writing a new story, taking, with all do respect, some pre-existing things from this along the way. If anyone wants to see what I have so far, (7 Pages, 2,445 Words) Then let me know and I'll PM or post, or what have you. Granted I only have basic story/outline and character classes, which I wrote myself.

Also any time I am a problem, let me know! I don't mind being told.

Hoarder

Tbqh, I thought this place was dead.
And Cen and Grim are indeed right.
If you think about it, nothing has been done.
I, and others had waited a month for posts before.
Not to mention, you didn't even quote everyone, since I have been active when I joined and only stopped posted because I was waiting for posts.
A role call is PMing and quoting.
I didn't know you had a role call until someone else had told me about it.
It's okay to be playful, but you need to be serious when things need to be serious.
Which includes inactivity.
Some of us are willing to help you out if you simply ask.
This roleplay does have some potential, however it needs a lot of work done.

Questionable Lunatic

we'll see as of right now I'm waiting to hear from most of you to decide if it would be best to start over, or just overhaul and revamp the current one, with the majority of the needed changes, and start incorporating the rest as time goes by

anyway here I have a rough script of what the plot would be:

Summary
In the land of Hyrule there echoes a legend, held dearly by the Royal family. Telling the story of a courageous soul of a Hero; a Hero who, after battling evil and saving Hyrule, crept away from the land that had made him a legend. Done with the battles he once waged, he embarked on a journey, leaving behind his beloved friends and home, taking with him a part of the golden power, but never returned. The Royal Family reigned in peace for hundreds of years, each generation keeping a tradition naming their first, Zelda. Who would be placed in charge of keeping the Triforce of wisdom safe from the hands of evil, but unknown to them an evil wind began to blow the moment a rebel king decided to go against the duties given to him by the Golden Goddesses.
This brought chaos back into the land, something the guardian of souls, knew would happen eventually. Here the royal family separated itself into two groups, those who followed the corrupted king and those who followed the current Princess. The young princess and her followers fled in fear of the king’s lust for power, while it pained the princess to leave her brother, this had to be done to keep the Triforce of wisdom safe, as well as the Lore of the land. People prayed to their gods so the ongoing conflict would stop, but their prayers never seemed to have been answered, as the Hyrule of the Golden Goddesses seemed to disappear.
Hundreds of years have passed, and the Kingdom is on a state of total decay, the new royal family struggles to control the people, revolts have started all across Hyrule as the King and his advisor tries desperately to find the pieces of the Triforce and the guardian of souls, to have complete control over Hyrule. But unknown to the King his adviser is not who he says he really is, and has plans of his own, revenge being one of them.
Plot overview:
Evil in Hyrule has had many names, this have been Ghirahim, Zant, and Vaati, but none of those compare to Darkness brought by the King of the Desert known as Ganondorf or simply Ganon, who in turn is the reincarnation of the Devil himself, Demise the Demon King. For ages this evil has tried to get a hold of the golden power of the Triforce left by Din, Farore, and Nayru but each time they have been thwarted by two souls linked to each other since the Beginning of time, one of which belongs to a young man with tremendous courage, known to the Guardian of Souls as the Spirit of the Hero, and the other which belongs to the reincarnation of a Goddess of old, the Spirit Maiden. While this two spirits and the one of the demon king share a connection that hold the balance of Hyrule in place, it has been about five hundred years since the Guardian had noticed their presence, that is until certain advisor made himself known to the royal courts, but only She knew that Hyrule was destined to fall as the Demon King had returned.
As Hyrule fell into Darkness and the royal family fell into the corruption of its advisor, a young girl and a boy were born in the Village of Ordon. The guardian Cialana knew them to be the new incarnations of the Hero and the Maiden, but there was nothing she could do, after all she had to remain hidden to protect the piece of the Golden power entrusted to her by Princess Zelda long time ago.
The boy was named Link, by request of his dying mother, and was entrusted to the care of a Blacksmithing family who had recently welcomed a daughter they decided to name Zellie. This family was carefully guarded by a mysterious clan of shadow folks that kept both the kids and their parents safe from danger, while they also struggled with a faction of their own that had decided to serve under the ruling king. This Shadow folk once served under the rule of Zelda the Great, and promised the monarch they’d look after her kin and protect the land and its lore.
The same Shadow folk that looked after this small family in Ordon also travelled around the land in search of the descendants of the seven wise sages who helped alongside the guardian of souls to keep Hyrule balanced and at peace, one faction of the group wanted to protect them, while the other wanted to enlist them so they could harness their power and find a way to gather the golden power so that the King could “save” Hyrule, when in truth the Advisor only wanted them identified so that when the time came , he knew were to strike in order to gain the upper hand.
The people of Hyrule live in fear of the royal knights and their King who once served as their protectors. Taxes were up so that the King and his men could fund the expeditions to satisfy his advisor’s lust for power, which was merely using the King as a puppet. Other races such as the Gorons and the Zoras have cut relationships with the Hylians, while others like the Gerudo formed alliances with this regime.

Devoted Zealot

I am still up for anything.

Sweet Mage

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm still here. I haven't been posted bc I'm stuck on all ends though having Illua be arrestedc was a means to move on so :/

Blessed Humorist

KratosArion

I'd love to know what you've been working on! Feel free to send a PM my way~

nachopower

I see, I see . . . so this is essentially the same plot we've been trying to follow. So are you saying that whether we continue with this RP or not, you'll still stick with the same plot?

My response for your question depends entirely on the amount of responses I hear from others--if some people express an interest, I'll suggest in simply sending the ones who didn't answer an inactivity PM and eventually removing them if you don't hear a response.

From what I can see, we have you and me, plus Pax, Grim, Kratos, pink perfume tea, Kitsune Muggy and Sandy Flipflops . . . that's about eight RPers, and the majority of them veteran members of the RP. If we got rid of all the others, it probably won't put a dent in the story too much [except possibly for those who were RPing with Merzilla and Sakura of the darkness], so we could write them off by saying that they simply left somewhere.

However, this decision is still yours to make--with all of that considered, do YOU believe that this RP is worth continuing, or should we just restart and potentially get new members on board instead?

Devoted Zealot

l Sailor Centaurus l
KratosArion

En rout. I think Sakura has been active, mayby hasn't seen post. I know Merzilla has been busy with irl stuff.

Kilkyway's Datemate

Tipsy Lover

KratosArion
l Sailor Centaurus l
KratosArion

En rout. I think Sakura has been active, mayby hasn't seen post. I know Merzilla has been busy with irl stuff.

Send one to Grim too? 3nodding

Sweet Mage

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
KratosArion
l Sailor Centaurus l
KratosArion

Sandy will take a peek too surprised As for irl stuff boy dont I know the feeling XD 99% of my time is devoted to my school (papers, observations, large portfollios and practicum) yep thats mah lovely happy (often crazy) but always eventful life XDDD

Devoted Zealot

Sandy Flipflops
KratosArion
l Sailor Centaurus l
KratosArion

Sandy will take a peek too surprised As for irl stuff boy dont I know the feeling XD 99% of my time is devoted to my school (papers, observations, large portfollios and practicum) yep thats mah lovely happy (often crazy) but always eventful life XDDD
Yeah, and I don't think she has a timetable for return. I think she is trying to get a big job.
Still here, got busy with life and work these last few days. Sorry about that, was meaning to get on the other day to check up on things, see is things have moved along or not. Would love to continue the rp or move along to the other one, either way is fine with me. Currently I haven't posted since I've been waiting on others to post first so at least some sort of rotation was in works, though others could have been waiting on me in that same sense, apologies if that was the case.

All in all I would love to still be part of the Zelda rp.

Hoarder

tbqh
i would probably recommend restarting?
especially since we are looking at a roleplay that is twenty pages in
it'd be intimidating to newcomers
not to mention, if the plot has been changed by posters, it'll throw some people off.
again, like everyone else has said, you're call.

i would also like to pop into this thing kratos is worknig on. c;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces