Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Gawker

18,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Ray_Murata
braintopia
Ottawa is the capital city of Canada. It's kind of huge. xD I live in this dinky little town closer to Toronto. We're the fastest growing city in north america, though.
I'm thinking it should be a lot of fun. c: I've never done proper karaoke, but we used to sing together when we were kids all the time so it should be a blast.
We'll probably see what we can do for fairly free and watch movies in her apartment. Which has no AC, but she has lots of fans. And cockroaches. It'll be interesting.

xD He might not like Norman very much, then. He's kind of... manipulative. People often feel like they're losing when he's trying to get them to do what he wants. Poor Jacob, the guy he uses as his puppet who I might add in as an actual character, is constantly just feeling out of his depth.

I know it's your capital, but I always had it in my mind that Toronto was Canada's biggest city (and I thought Quebec was big too, but i think that's a misconception), and since I didn't know where you lived I asked about it. 8D

Checking wikipedia now, Ottawa is big in area but quite small in population, eh? Not even a million. My city has nearly 2million. 8D

Is it hot over there lately?
COCKROACHES? And you're okay with that???? @_________@ I wouldn't visit your friend.

Our characters are never a match, eh? 8D lol
But it all depends.. Declan doesn't like to lose in competitive games, but that doesn't mean he plays all sorts of games because he wants to be good/win. It's more about not losing than it is about winning, so not even playing is usually the safest and best option in his opinion.
I think he wouldn't even be aware of power games, depending on how they go. He's too much an introvert to play games when it comes to personal relations... He keeps to himself for the most part, and when someone wins him over, he's an earnest and sweet guy. He'd rather have no friends than friends that don't make him comfortable =)~
If he realized there were "games" being played, he'd probably just get away from the person, so it'd all depend on how subtle Norman's manipulations were. If it was done right, Norman could definitely manipulate him, I think.

Toronto is one of our biggest cities, but I wouldn't say it's our only one that size. Ottawa tends to be more students and tourists, so that might account for it's population. Toronto is just... stacked. Everything is on top of other things.

The temperature fluctuates, but with humidity it isn't uncommon for it to reach thirty here solidly during the summer. Today it's only twenty, but it's also windy and the weather is gross. It hasn't been this cool in weeks.
Yeah, we're taking some stuff to keep them away and we're hoping we can help her get rid of some of them. @-@ We wouldn't be visiting except basically all she has up there right now is her dog, friend wise. Her boyfriend is there but they're on shaky terms. She complains she's alone a lot and is constantly asking us to come visit her, so we finally caved. We finally had the money to cave.

Contrast is more fun. xD
Norman tends to be kind of subtle. It depends on who it is. Jacob knows he's being toyed with so he's constantly wondering how Norman talked him into things. Other people, though... well, he's posing as a politician to some extent. He's working his way on to the city council. Manipulating is kind of his thing. So Declan might think he's being swayed through that, he might not get that he's being swayed other ways as well.

Shameless Bloodsucker

Riven Larustaki
True and as an added bonus I get paid tomorrow! I am almost done with my post!
Just to throw this out there, I know Mae's name because of Norman, and Norman's name because of Mae but we still haven't been introduced. Well, I told everyone my name but I have found out yours yet!

o/ Payment Friday! whoot!
My payments are only on the 5th and 20th.

Declan's not good with making conversation with strangers... 8D But your post worked well enough - He will introduce himself to Henry on my next post, which I hope to be able to write tonight or tomorrow the latest.

PURE JOY TODAY! The cute, leader brat missed class and so did his sidekick.... Guess what happened? The group was GREAT! They were controllable and they paid attention to me. T-T tears of joy.

Shameless Bloodsucker

braintopia
Toronto is one of our biggest cities, but I wouldn't say it's our only one that size. Ottawa tends to be more students and tourists, so that might account for it's population. Toronto is just... stacked. Everything is on top of other things.

The temperature fluctuates, but with humidity it isn't uncommon for it to reach thirty here solidly during the summer. Today it's only twenty, but it's also windy and the weather is gross. It hasn't been this cool in weeks.
Yeah, we're taking some stuff to keep them away and we're hoping we can help her get rid of some of them. @-@ We wouldn't be visiting except basically all she has up there right now is her dog, friend wise. Her boyfriend is there but they're on shaky terms. She complains she's alone a lot and is constantly asking us to come visit her, so we finally caved. We finally had the money to cave.

Contrast is more fun. xD
Norman tends to be kind of subtle. It depends on who it is. Jacob knows he's being toyed with so he's constantly wondering how Norman talked him into things. Other people, though... well, he's posing as a politician to some extent. He's working his way on to the city council. Manipulating is kind of his thing. So Declan might think he's being swayed through that, he might not get that he's being swayed other ways as well.

8D Toronto sounds like my type of city, lol. I like big metropolises.

Twenty (Celsius) is around what I find perfect weather.
Aww, you're such good friends! She's lucky to have you guys around! <3 Hope things will work out in her relationship, too. But the whole cockroaches thing is just disgusting. Can't she hire an exterminator or something? If there are many of them, I don't thing supermarket insecticides will do the trick.

I guess... 8D
If Declan doesn't realize he's being toyed with, then it's quite likely that he'll be very cooperative. =) But it'd take more than Norman posing as a politician (Declan doesn't give a toss about it) - He'd have to pose as a friend... In my mind I picture something like... If Norman revealed his PDS condition to Declan and gave him some sob story (such as "I've been prosecuted for being PDS before so i hide it now so people will respect me" ) to excuse hiding it, Declan could somehow relate and build trust (yup, Declan is a sensitive little pansy)... And that's what would take for him to become a manipulation target.

What about Henry, Riven? Could Norman manipulate him?
From what I've read so far, I think Henry would be hard to manipulate. 8D

Dapper Cultist

15,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Ray_Murata
Riven Larustaki
Just to throw this out there, I know Mae's name because of Norman, and Norman's name because of Mae but we still haven't been introduced. Well, I told everyone my name but I have found out yours yet!

Declan's not good with making conversation with strangers... 8D But your post worked well enough - He will introduce himself to Henry on my next post, which I hope to be able to write tonight or tomorrow the latest.

PURE JOY TODAY! The cute, leader brat missed class and so did his sidekick.... Guess what happened? The group was GREAT! They were controllable and they paid attention to me. T-T tears of joy.

Huzzah!
I HATE when someone calls in and says they are someone and then you are talking to them and they start talking to someone else in another language and suddenly it's 'well she this and she that' since when did you start talking about yourself n the third person, and since I cannot understand what 'she' is saying to 'her' how do I know you are saying exactly what I am saying? Last time I checked 3 sentences about a bill cannot be compressed into 3 words.

Shameless Bloodsucker

Riven Larustaki
Ray_Murata
Riven Larustaki

Huzzah!
I HATE when someone calls in and says they are someone and then you are talking to them and they start talking to someone else in another language and suddenly it's 'well she this and she that' since when did you start talking about yourself n the third person, and since I cannot understand what 'she' is saying to 'her' how do I know you are saying exactly what I am saying? Last time I checked 3 sentences about a bill cannot be compressed into 3 words.

?What?

Dapper Cultist

15,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Ray_Murata
?What?

Sorry...I am at work and that happened as I was replying to your post...XP

Wheezing Gawker

18,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Ray_Murata
braintopia

Contrast is more fun. xD

8D Toronto sounds like my type of city, lol. I like big metropolises.

Twenty (Celsius) is around what I find perfect weather.
Aww, you're such good friends! She's lucky to have you guys around! <3 Hope things will work out in her relationship, too. But the whole cockroaches thing is just disgusting. Can't she hire an exterminator or something? If there are many of them, I don't thing supermarket insecticides will do the trick.

I guess... 8D
If Declan doesn't realize he's being toyed with, then it's quite likely that he'll be very cooperative. =) But it'd take more than Norman posing as a politician (Declan doesn't give a toss about it) - He'd have to pose as a friend... In my mind I picture something like... If Norman revealed his PDS condition to Declan and gave him some sob story (such as "I've been prosecuted for being PDS before so i hide it now so people will respect me" ) to excuse hiding it, Declan could somehow relate and build trust (yup, Declan is a sensitive little pansy)... And that's what would take for him to become a manipulation target.

I like twenty- means I can still wear a sweater but I'm not freezing. xD

The landlord has had people in and out of there for weeks trying to deal with the problem, but they keep coming back. D: She's actually had to make her dog stay with her boyfriend now because she's afraid the little guy is going to eat a poisoned bug.

Oh, no, I figured for him to get to Declan he'd have to be suuuuuper friendly, or at least make him seem like a super important member of the ULA for Norman to be revealing himself at all. The political side would just explain why he comes off as a little manipulative or shady. Hopefully that will cloud over his real motives.

He's going to keep distance from Henry if he can. xD If there's someone that seems like they might spot him, it would be Henry.

Dapper Cultist

15,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Ray_Murata

#thingsididn'trealizeiwasin
Due to his observant and suspicious nature I think it would be hard to manipulate him but not impossible.

braintopia
He's going to keep distance from Henry if he can. xD If there's someone that seems like they might spot him, it would be Henry.

Honestly, I think that Henry...well never mind. He is a little undecided.

Shameless Bloodsucker

Sleepy like hell. I wanted to write but I had to prepare extra exercises for my students x.x 1:15 am already and I gotta wake up at 6:30 ~~

Dapper Cultist

15,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Ray_Murata
Sleepy like hell. I wanted to write but I had to prepare extra exercises for my students x.x 1:15 am already and I gotta wake up at 6:30 ~~

I also stayed up late...watching movies.

Shameless Bloodsucker

braintopia

The landlord has had people in and out of there for weeks trying to deal with the problem, but they keep coming back. D: She's actually had to make her dog stay with her boyfriend now because she's afraid the little guy is going to eat a poisoned bug.

Oh, no, I figured for him to get to Declan he'd have to be suuuuuper friendly, or at least make him seem like a super important member of the ULA for Norman to be revealing himself at all. The political side would just explain why he comes off as a little manipulative or shady. Hopefully that will cloud over his real motives.

D: Can't she move out?

Super friendly would do the trick. heart I'm sure that Norman can pull that off, him being an actor and all.

8D Yeah, Henry's a super smart dude.

I haven't started working on my reply yet @.@ Had a busy Friday.

Shameless Bloodsucker

Riven Larustaki
Ray_Murata

I also stayed up late...watching movies.
What movies did you watch?

Wheezing Gawker

18,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Hellraiser 500
Ray_Murata
braintopia

D: Can't she move out?

Super friendly would do the trick. heart I'm sure that Norman can pull that off, him being an actor and all.

8D Yeah, Henry's a super smart dude.

I haven't started working on my reply yet @.@ Had a busy Friday.

I keep starting Landon, not liking it, and then getting side tracked. @-@ Sorry. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow.

No, she can't. D: Her lease is two years and she can't get out of it. She's headed into the last year of it because it started last September, but she still has to rough it out another twelve or so months.

Shameless Bloodsucker

Some clever person on Tumblr pointed out the relation between Yeats and The Smiths in "in the flesh".

Simon has several The smiths and Morrisey posters in his room; and when Kieren finds Simon seated on his grave at the cemetary and they talk about the epitaphs, Simon recites Yeats' "An Irishman foresees his death":

"I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above;
Those that I fight I do not hate
Those that I guard I do not love;
My country is Kiltartan Cross,
My countrymen Kiltartan’s poor,
No likely end could bring them loss
Or leave them happier than before.
Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public man, nor cheering crowds,
A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.
"

Curiously, but certainly not randomly (especially since we know that Dominic Mitchell, the writer, is a hardcore The Smiths fan), The Smiths have a song called "Cemetery Gates" that starts like this:

"A dreaded sunny day
So I meet you at the cemetery gates
Keats and Yeats are on your side

A dreaded sunny day
So I meet you at the cemetery gates
Keats and Yeats are on your side
While Wilde is on mine

So we go inside and we gravely read the stones
All those people all those lives
Where are they now?
With the loves and hates
And passions just like mine
They were born
And then they lived and then they died
Seems so unfair
And I want to cry"

******** brilliant. I love the literary richness of in the flesh's script. All these entangled citations and metaphors make the show even more delightful, and I guess that in a sad way, that also indicates, somehow, why it's not popular.

Shameless Bloodsucker

braintopia
I keep starting Landon, not liking it, and then getting side tracked. @-@ Sorry. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow.

No, she can't. D: Her lease is two years and she can't get out of it. She's headed into the last year of it because it started last September, but she still has to rough it out another twelve or so months.

That's okay, dearest. heart

D: awww... Bummer. I hope they can manage to control the infestation somehow. @.@

How's your Friday so far?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces