Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Sorry, that just seemed like a fun idea.
Especially because Jack was adorable.
Gahhhhh.

Yeah, Tyler may have seen the smoke from the fire and he decided that the island was his best bet to find his friend alive.
Hearing the scream definitely works. =3

Jack would probably want to find her, but Tyler would definitely be like, Bro - it's either the chick or food right now.
Jack would unfortunately pick food... he has to be alive to find her after all. ;P

I mean, Drake could very well have not only belonged to a fleet but he could have belonged to the steam punk city's fleet.
Speaking of that, I need to give you my album link... it's pretty hashed out... I think...
Anyways, I like the idea of Drake having potentially already had his fun in the world and having had decided that the world above sucks.
I mean - maybe he's not from Cordelia's kingdom at all.
Maybe she rescued him too?
Just spewing ideas here. =P

Wah, I can't see that first pic!

BUT THAT GEM.
THAT GEM IS HILARIOUS.

And no, you aren't killing the bromance.
You are giving Tyler eye candy.
There is always a bro that is a rival and then a bro that you just chill with.
Drake could be the rival bro. =P

edit:: Ahaha, why thanks! Once I got into him talking it became so much easier to write! I think I'm figuring him out.
And psh, thank Angel, the Buffy spin off, for the nickname. =P

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Here is the link to the album where I've currently stored all my ideas. ;P
I think the password is lorlor... .-.

But yeah! Some of it may be self explanatory.. some of the stuff doesn't have homes yet, some of it does!
We'll chat. razz
Alrighty, so should they fall through in my post? o:

Aha, yeah. Food is kinda a necessity.
And after all this talk about food between Jack and Cordy, he better be getting some damn food! xD
He just better come back for her. ;P

Hm. I like the idea of him being a part of the steam punk city's fleet.
Oooh~ album. I'm excited that it's pretty much done. x3
Oh! So maybe she did rescue him, but to explain how he isn't from her kingdom and still somehow managed to grow fins, perhaps in an effort to get their men into Cordy's kingdom, they did something to a few sky pirates that allows them to transform much like a normal mermaid would? And so when Cordy saved him and brought him home to her father, he took Drake in. Drake would probably love Cordy and her family too much to betray them, and just decide to leave that life behind. But now it is coming back to haunt him in the form of Cordy's curiosity and Jack suddenly appearing.

Oh no! I'll try and get you another link for it then.
And yessss. Its just too funny how perfect it is.

Drake shall be the rival bro then. c:
His post layout is almost finished, so I'll post as Cordelia first and then him.
Since I'm assuming they'll be falling in this next post.

edit;; gonna go through the album before I post so we can chat and plot~

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Erm, if you want!
I can do it or you can! It's whatever helps your post flow better really in the end. =3

AND OF COURSE HE WILL COME BACK. EVENTUALLY.

That could work!
I think I saw it more as him being a mermaid that rebelled and ditched the water for a while, but - sky pirates that can jump in the water is also an interesting dynamic to throw in there.
It would require some thinking to make it work, but we could handle it. razz
WAIT. IDEA.
The ones that were 'altered' could have arguably been injured or maimed sky pirates so the concept of giving them "fish DNA" or something may have seemed like a better alternative to living a half life?
Idunno. Thoughts. .-.

Gah, I should probably just cave and give Tyler one but I'm trying to wait.
Someone else could be tempting.
I'm probably just lying to myself though.

Hopefully you enjoy the album!
I kind of just slapped names on a bunch of things... and then there's some lurking pictures in a sub-album without names that are ripe for plot development. =3
This album is amazing!
So many secondary charas. o:

I see that Mason Blackburn is a scientist, what exactly did you have in mind that he would be doing? o:
Since I just thought of the idea of Drake's genetic makeup being changed, was Mason a part of it or at least aware of it? Or is he doing something completely different?

Next, Katja and Emma Hertz, the raiders.
Perhaps Cordy could bump into them in the ruins library while Jack is leaving? They could be going through the books and searching for information on the merfolk. Maybe Cordelia beats them to the library and finds the book on her kind and hears them come into the room and hides? She could then be spotted and smuggle the book out. Since I doubt the book is water proof she would have to hide it in the jungle before diving into the safety of the water. And then maybe when her and Jack meet up at the island again they could read it?

Leticia Hernes is a very intersting idea. An earth-bound mermaid. o:
Maybe when Cordy eventually comes with Jack and they go back to his home, and they've already read the book, Jack could take Cordy to Leticia who could maybe explain what the book is saying and whatnot?

I also see that Filipe Alexio is a prince, so does that mean you were considering that the cities be run on a royalty system rather than more of a government?

Also, combat divers don't sound like the kind of people Cordy would want to run into. o w o

Feel free to explain what you were thinking with any of the other pictures if you would like as well. These are just the ones I immediately felt like commenting on. c:
Alrighty. I'll just see how it works out then~

I think either of the reasons, or even both, for changing the sky pirates DNA would work.
Maybe it was with my reasoning, but they chose the sky pirates based on your criteria?

Haha yeah.
Drake has become a big enough addition to the plot that I figure he warrants a layout. Nothing too fancy, but something nonetheless. And I quite like Tyler. I think you're just lying to yourself. xD
And I figure we could have some kind of format for the NPCs if it is going to be a big ordeal, if not, we can just throw them into our posts. Unless they become like Drake or Tyler and warrant having their own layout. Just depends how many characters you want to be actively controlling.

Looking through the Brainstorming sub-album now.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Album Comments:

I like having pictures to pull from!
I was super excited when we first started plotting so I think I kind of had idea vomit. =P

Mason at the moment is kind of serving as a glorified mechanic.
I'm feeling like "Civicalum", as I dubbed it for the sake of just plopping names onto things, doesn't have a very strong science and research department. From the looks of it and my limited understanding of it, it's kind of run down and really just promotes family life and stuff.
Mason probably had ambitions of being a genetic scientist, hell, maybe he was one at some point, but it didn't work out for some reason.
He could definitely be aware of what went down with people like Drake and maybe he was involved!
Like I was saying, he's just kind of a glorified mechanic at the moment.
He actually made an appearance in Tyler's fight with Irving. razz

Katja and Emma are from the Steampunk City with a fleet.
What they do at the moment is a mystery so anything is fair game.
(And that Steampunk City in my head is based in like the alps or something. European Names. Tehe.)

YEAH!
Leticia is kind of someone that I viewed as being from some sort of Utopia.
It may have been based in what once was South America?
She's super vague. .-.

Filipe is also from that city and I think I liked the idea of him being romantically involved with Leticia?
As for the royalty thing, it did not extend beyond "Chiudacielo".
I think...

Oh! The Combat Drivers are fun!
Sam just pilots some of the smaller bombers during larger raiders.
She's not awful, just gruff. ;P

Gerard is definitely someone who could have the potential to be a villain. That entire crew from that city could actually.
They have to be surviving for a reason after all...
Muscle and ruthlessness could certainly be it.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Solid compromise.
It works for me if it works for you!

Eh, Tyler may get his own eventually.
I'm just too lazy right now.
I'm definitely not looking to actively control a bunch!
Maybe just Jack and another one once Jack starts to be everywhere that like Tyler or someone isn't.
I may look into occasionally posting a villain update or something... but that's a ways away. .-.
Mason: Perhaps he is just a glorified mechanic now.
But maybe before he was given the opportunity to work with a science to department in the steampunk city Drake worked for, but once he found out what he was helping to research, and just what they were doing to sky pirates he left? And then should Drake ever board Jack's fleet - which I can see him doing just to keep an eye on Cordy - he could find out that Mason was involved with what happened to him? I can see him trying to beat the info out of poor Mason. And once Jack's fleet returned home, I can see Drake disappearing from the roleplay for a bit to take care of some 'business'. He'd definitely reappear again though. c:

Katja and Emma: I can see them knowing Drake as well. Perhaps Drake was a member of the same fleet as them? And if so, when Cordy bumps into them and runs away with the book they want, Drake could probably buy her some time to get away. Although I'm sure he's not going to be too happy about his past resurfacing like this. Poor Drake.

Leticia and Filipe: Awww. Cute. Perhaps Filipe's royalty could get him connections though? I can see Leticia's wisdom and Filipe's connections being of use to Jack and Cordy. But perhaps the bad guys will seek them out as well, and Jack could be hired to protect them? And that could be a way for Jack and Cordy to meet them.

Gerard: Woot! So we have a villain now? :'D

------

Alrighty, the compromise sounds good then!
And I'm with you on not wanting to be controlling fifty million characters.
So I figue we have Jack and Cordy as the mains, Drake and Tyler as secondaries, and the rest as extras with the potential to swapped in as a secondary if Drake or Tyler are currently out of the picture. c:
And we can definitely work together to post NPC and Villain updates.

Working on my post~
Here are my comments from the Brainstorming portion of the album.

In this picture, Jack is holding a necklace that seems to wield some sort of power. Perhaps when this necklace is worn it could allow the wearer to become a merman/mermaid while underwater? However, all it would take is for someone to take the necklace off the wearer to turn them back into a human. Perhaps this is what is in the book that Katja and Emma could be seeking that Cordy hides. And if they took it to Leticia, perhaps she could help them find this necklace?

Another idea could be that it is Leticia's necklace, and that it is what keeps her earthbound. Perhaps when worn by a mermaid it has the reverse effect, preventing them from turning when in water. It would let her lead a human life. But perhaps she decides it would be safer with Cordy? And Jack could use it if he ever needed to go in the water with Cordy.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Mason
Mobility between fleets and cities is definitely not a bad idea for him, but I've always kind of envisioned him growing up with Ty and Jack.
Granted, he had to go somewhere to get his education... whether that was another fleet... or Vergesburg (Forgotten City :O) where the steampunk ship is based is up to us. razz
Honestly, the knowledge surrounding that city could really be a huge conspiracy if we wanted!

Katja and Emma
I think these two would be the last people anyone would want to bump into.
If Drake saw them, he would not be seeing Cordy anytime soon.
They kind of suck. .-.
Cordy could definitely notice them and intercept the book if she can be super sneaky. ;P

Leticia and Filipe
For whatever reason, this city where they both are was really remote in my mind.
Its remoteness probably allows it to be utopic.
They just - figured their s**t out and didn't really want to deal with saving the world for everyone else as well.
If anything, these guys have something - some weapon/solution/solution that people think is a weapon but isn't - that everyone needs.
They won't be easy to find.

Gerard
MAYBE?!
Do you like the idea of Vergesburg being some horrible place?

- - - - -

All of that sounds lovely. =3
Also, feel free to interject your own people into any of those cities.
I have them grouped so that the city precedes all of its occupants in that first album!

- - - - -

Regarding that picture, YES.
I wanted that necklace to be powerful, I just had no idea what.
I like the idea of it allowing access to "the other world" if you will, for Jack, Cordy or whomever!
It could be in Leticia's possession. It could be in Filipe's possession even! Either of those things could be past tense!
I really like the idea of it coming from the Utopic city though.

Maybe the fleet from Vergesburg is trying to harness the power of the necklace to raid the ocean cities and kingdoms as well?

Or maybe the necklace has the ability to restore some semblance of the old balance to the world? More land, less water, etc.

It could do a lot of things.
It's glowing for crying out loud. ;P

edit:: little bit of a warning, may crash soon, but tonight was lovely. =3
Mason: He could still have grown up with them, and like you said, maybe have gone somewhere for his education or gotten a job on the side? Not sure. He doesn't have to be involved at all too. I just picked whatever characters I had ideas in mind for, so that definitely doesn't mean we have to go with them.

Katja and Emma: Well, I figured Cordy would get into the library before Katja and Emma to begin with. But I doubt she would be very quite. She'd probably be freaked out and thinking out loud. What with having just been discovered by Jack. So perhaps they hear the ruckus and track her up to the library. By then I assume she'd have already found the book and realized its importance. She could sneak away, but eventually be noticed and have to run and hide the book. Then Drake could stall the two, who as you stated, would make it so he wouldn't be seeing Cordy for a while. Just because Drake may have been on the same fleet as them, doesn't mean they have to get along. Perhaps they take him back to the steampunk city? Not saying he wouldn't get away at some point though. ;D
But this way, maybe when Jack comes to find Cordy at the island she could be distressed about Drake, and ask Jack to take her with him so that she could go try and find Drake.

Leticia and Filipe: I like the sound of that. Maybe the book could have been written by Leticia? If it was, it could have clues to her whereabouts. And I dunno, maybe Cordy's super magical mermaid tracking instincts will kick in. xD
But I definitely like the idea of the necklace originating from their utopia. I could see it having been made by Leticia or her ancestors to allow a forbidden love a chance to happen. Or for the same reason, have it be an heirloom past down through Filipe's family line.

Gerard: Yes to Vergesburg being evil. Dun dun dunnnn. So that can be where all the fish DNA happenings are. Where Drake's old fleet, and Katja and Emma's fleet are from. Along with Gerard's fleet. And I like the idea of maybe Gerard's fleet leading the charge to find the necklace - perhaps he also just enjoys getting into fights with other fleets - while Katja and Emma kind of do their own thing. They'd still be looking for the necklace, but on their own terms.

Perhaps in the right hands - this book might have details on this as well - the necklace could change the Earth. If used by the merfolk perhaps it could entirely flood the world, and in the hands of a human, restore the old world.

------

Post should be up shortly.
I do think I'll have them fall through in my post.
And alrighty, I should be heading to bed soon as well. But tonight was amazing!
POSTED.
I will probably post as Drake after your response.
That way you can respond, and then I can have Cordelia run away and find the book and run into Katja and Emma in my next post. Then post as Drake after that, which should be fairly long. Since I'll have him start from a few hours prior where he'll notice Jack's fleet.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Mason
We'll let him sit for a bit maybe! I don't want everyone to be tied to that city. A cool idea can become seriously uncool once if we use it too much. ;P

Katja and Emma
These two could definitely hear her and start after her just figuring that an actual island native/mermaid may be more valuable than the freaking book they are looking for. (Idiots.)
Drake would definitely intercept them and from there well he has a few options.
        1) Go quietly. Maybe one of them had a crush on him/was a good friend to him and rationalizes with the other to be nice?
        2) Be beaten to a pulp so that Cordy or Jack has to take drag him back? If he was taken by Jack that would be relatively interesting but CORDY WOULD BE SO ALONE.
        3) Be taken back and experimented on more? They could argue that his merman form is too armored or something like that and they could try to fix it either making him better or worse? Who knows!

Options are lovely. =3

Leticia and Filipe
Yeah, definitely written by her or her people!
I'm not sure how the aging thing would work for these guys, but anything is possible.
So maybe once they first meet Jack and Cordy they could lie about the book and necklace belonging to other people but it's actually like - SURPRISE! Tis about us. Mind blowing.

Gerard
Like I kind of mentioned before, I think Katja and Emma are part of his fleet and might be his exploratory squad.
And yeah... he definitely has the potential to viewed as an antagonist given that he is really into the concept of restoring the old balance.
He has a panther for crying out loud! Who else would have a panther other than a bad guy?!

- - - - -

I'll try to respond in a bit!
I don't want to move with our own version of the twisted sisters until we settle how much of Cordy they stumble upon. ;P
Mason: Alrighty, we'll keep him in the wings for now then~

Katja and Emma: Yeah, Cordy wouldn't have much to tell them if they caught her. xD
They're much better off with the book! I can see a combo of the options happening. Maybe they do ask Drake to go quietly at first, y'know, move out of our way and let us get the girl. But clearly Drake is gonna refuse so I figure a fight will ensue. Not only is he outnumbered, but I figure they came with weapons and Drake hasn't fought on land in a long time so they'll probably kick his a**. Poor Drake. But at that point maybe they could leave him there to bait Cordy back? And Jack could come back coincidentally the same day Cordy goes back to the island to search for Drake?

Leticia and Filipe: I figure Leticia has been around a lot longer than Filipe, but maybe the necklace has other powers? Maybe Leticia gave it to Filipe and it allows him to have some sort of immortality while they live in that utopic city? So that they could stay together. And I think they would definitely deny it first, but maybe decide it would be for the greater good that they give up the necklace.

Gerard: Sounds good to me. So should Drake originally be from Gerard's fleet then? I can see Gerard doing things that would make Drake want to stop being a sky pirate. Haha, good point! xD

------
Also, feel free to say in your post that Cordy runs away once they're out of the water. That way the story can progress a bit more in your post. I can see her pulling Jack to the surface or shore if he is struggling with swimming, since he is so weak. But she would probably immediately apologize for what she was and run after that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff